LAHARL {disgaea} vs DEMITRI {darkstalkers}

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
ok, two dark overloards fight it out to the end. ones a powerful vampire, the others an EVIL demon. both are pretty cool in their own rights.

lahalr : Laharl is the main character of Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, and is the son of King Krichevskoy. However, after awakening from a two year slumber, he discovers that his father is dead and almost all of his vassals are gone (most of them are, in fact, trying to take Laharl's place, rather than trying to serve him). As the rightful heir to the throne, Laharl sets out to take back the throne and proclaim himself as the true Overlord of the Netherworld.

Laharl is incredibly arrogant and always tries to prove that he is the strongest demon in the Netherworld. He is, however, extremely powerful for his appearance, which, despite his age, is still that of a small human child (his large hair antennae and billowing scarf are meant to mask this fact). Unfortunately, he has a weakness (as in, he literally gets hurt by) towards optimistic sayings (especially anything concerning the word 'love') and women with sexy bodies. Even after Laharl is crowned the new Overlord half way through the game, he is still referred to as "Prince" by Etna and all those who still remain in the Overlord's Castle

demitri: possibly the strongest character in darkstalkerverse. up there with jedah/morrigan/pyron. a vampire. people know enough about him anyway.

so, who wins?

Zack Fair
I am DLing Disgaea. I'm eager to play it.

Dark-Jaxx
What can Laharl do?

Burning thought
Demitri

NonSensi-Klown
LAHARL on account of Demitri beinga house nigga.

Dark-Jaxx told me. mmm

leonheartmm
well, he can control rocketed exploding penguin zombies!!! in reality hes an extremely powerful overloard, able to take over the entire underworld, the polar opposite of the leader of all seraphs in the world. ur usual world destroying stuff. making meteors fall, destroying demon armies etc etc. {and he does it with a lot more style than demitri}. actually since disgaea is an SRPG, most of the ingame feats are 2d and not exactly understandable unless u play the game, this is just a very very brief and minor glimpse of his power from the anime adaptation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ0pHo55v_k&feature=related

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZ0pHo55v_k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZ0pHo55v_k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

well i dunno how to imbedd stuff so hope it works, otherwise, use the link.

Vampire Savior
LOL, this is kinda funny seein as how there is a game comin out wit Darkstalkers and Disgaea characters in it.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/newspics/x-edge1.jpg

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by leonheartmm
well, he can control rocketed exploding penguin zombies!!! in reality hes an extremely powerful overloard, able to take over the entire underworld, the polar opposite of the leader of all seraphs in the world. ur usual world destroying stuff. making meteors fall, destroying demon armies etc etc. {and he does it with a lot more style than demitri}. actually since disgaea is an SRPG, most of the ingame feats are 2d and not exactly understandable unless u play the game, this is just a very very brief and minor glimpse of his power from the anime adaptation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ0pHo55v_k&feature=related

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZ0pHo55v_k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZ0pHo55v_k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

well i dunno how to imbedd stuff so hope it works, otherwise, use the link. Well then I say Demitri based on nothing but the fact that I could hardly understand a single word you just said.

leonheartmm
rockected exploding penguin zombies = zombies with bodies of penguins which can fly around like rockects with expected emisions from their backs, and have the ability to explode like missiles.

powerful overlord = rank/title

take over the entire underworld = conquering the whole of the underworld

polar opposite = complete opposite

leader of seraphs = leader of angels

world = the plane of existance

world destroying stuff = phenomenon with the ability to destroy the world

meteors = giant chuchks of rock that fall to the earth from outer space with amazing speed and energy and cause destruction if they impact the planet

destroying = annihlating/laying waste to

demon armies = large packs of armed and organised battle ready monsters with special powers

more style than demitri = is more stylish/fashionable, in the execution of the task then demitri

srpg = strategy rpg

ingame = inside the playable portion of the video game

2d = two dimensional

understandable = sumthing that can be understood

u play the game = unless you yourself get first hand expirience of playing the video game

brief/minor = small

glimpse = look

anime adaptation = the version of the story taken to create a japanese animated cartoon out of.

NOW do you understand it? or do i have to LITERALLY spell it out for you? honestly, its getting a little old and tiresome jaxxx. having a go at me just for the sake of it, or just sum compulsion you posess.

Dark-Jaxx
It's because I hate you.

but for funsies I'll ask a quick question, how will this character kill Demitri?

Demitri can tank a blast that literally sent him and his entire castle(which was a few city blocks in width and even longer in height) and knocked them both through a dimensional barrier into Earth, the attack was so strong it affected Makai itself and eventually killed Belial, who embodies it, Makai is hundreds of times the size of Earth.

Demitri is physically a rival for Mortal Pyron, who is able to physically dominate Donavan, who was able to keep a portion of cliff that was easily 100 tons from falling with one hand while being stabbed twice in the heart by a sword which drains souls and blood.

Speed is harder to determine, but he is fast enough to move without being seen.

And Demitri is a powerful magician, he was able to cover the planet in darkness, and simply by grabbing you can drain you blood and soul.

And his most impressive feat, despite being ugly as sin, he bangs hot girls. no expression

Wil7
Demitri crushes Laharl. Everbody except for leonheartmm knows that.

dvampire
Demitri doesn't crush Laharl. Everybody who played disgaea knows this.

leonheartmm
dark-jaxxx. the reason you say what u say is because you havent played disgaea. thats all i have to say for now. i know demitri's powerset well enough, that is WHY i put him against laharl. beings like the highest seraph etc have WORLD ending power. you cant simply rip the soul of a powerful overlord as opposed to humans{the exploding penguins are the souls of humans btw}, laharl can easily summon giant meteors which do great geographic damage. there comes a point where laharl is THE most powerful being in makai.

and the reason you hate me is cause youre a dick, plain n simple.

Dark-Jaxx
Nah.

It's because Will Smith is a house nigga.

But everything you told me so far was either too vague to really come to a conclusion or was not enough. So meh.

leonheartmm
^but is it my fault that you dont know enough about the character and the character just happens to be in a long SRPG where feats can only be judged if you know the extensive background of the enemy and happen in 2d map screen so its even harder to relate to to sum1 whose never played it, {but oddly, has made a decision that demitri wins}

Dark-Jaxx
Based on what I know of the character, yeah, I say Demitri wins.

Just to get the basics out of the way, how strong, fast, and durable is Laharl? Just so I know.

bloodlust247
Demitri wins.. meteors aren't gonna even scratch him.. he's been knocked through dimensions and been able to absorb a planet eating alien made out of pure energy.. and he's still able to be a pimp

KN7JL3
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
LAHARL on account of Demitri beinga house nigga.mmm I cryl0l'd.

I think Disgaea sucks due to puny homo-over-amped characters. Yes it's an ignorant statement. no expression 313

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by leonheartmm
rockected exploding penguin zombies = zombies with bodies of penguins which can fly around like rockects with expected emisions from their backs, and have the ability to explode like missiles.

WHAT THE ****. crylaugh

KN7JL3
I guess it's not surprising that I once laughed as hard reading one of his statements. Not that it was dumb, it was just funny like ^that. laughing out loud

Dark-Jaxx
Wait...You guys can actually READ his sentences? no expression

KN7JL3
lol yeah...but there was a time I couldn't read anything in a post by him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.