Sand (JSA) vs. Human Torch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cavalier
Fight in a field.

HT starts on the ground.

Sand starts solid and completely above ground.

namorsubby
sand + fire = glass.

lol, just kiddin. idk who sand is, but if he is what i think he is, it should go something like that...........but yeah i don't know.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by namorsubby
sand + fire = glass.

lol, just kiddin. idk who sand is, but if he is what i think he is, it should go something like that...........but yeah i don't know.

Agreed if he is a sand guy then he gets raped badly. This is like Supes fighting Kryptonite-Man, the man that radiates green kryptonite energy.

namorsubby
Sanderson Sandy Hawkins?

that is worse than "Victor Von Doom" laughing

Cavalier
Sanderson Sandy Hawkins?

that is worse than "Victor Von Doom" laughing Sanderson "Sandy" Hawkins, original partner to the Sandman, of JSA fame.

He wins, btw.

namorsubby
i won't say he doesn't.........but he is what i thought he was, so yeah.

Wei Phoenix
how does sand beat fire, supernova fire?

namorsubby
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
how does sand beat fire, supernova fire? that's the big question.

which torch is this?

Cavalier
how does sand beat fire, supernova fire? Oh, sorry, I forgot that Johnny usually uses a supernova against every single threat.

Anyways, Johnny starts on the ground... Sand uses a heavy earthquake or encases him in ground.

And Sand has better means of dodging than Johnny does.

Cavalier
that's the big question.

which torch is this? Not your mancrush (though he'd beat Jim too).

namorsubby
laughing you're funny........but not in the way you think you are. rolling on floor laughing

give me one reason why a man made of sand should beat any torch. i heard he can control the sand rocks etc, but so what? johnny has examples of burrowing underground.......jim burrowed to the center of the earth. is some sand/rocks really going to stop either?

namorsubby
sand + fire = glass.

humantorch

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Cavalier
Oh, sorry, I forgot that Johnny usually uses a supernova against every single threat.

Anyways, Johnny starts on the ground... Sand uses a heavy earthquake or encases him in ground.

And Sand has better means of dodging than Johnny does.

When has Johnny ever started on the ground? When he flame-ons he goes airborne. He'll go airborne as soon as the earth begins to quake. The ground doesn't give in within a split second. Johnny doesn't need to go SN to beat him. What can Sand do to Johnny that makes him need to dodge? If he is airborne then no quake or amount of sand will hurt him.

DigiMark007
This almost seems like a bait thread, even though it's not, because most are tacitly endorsing Johnny because they have no knowledge of Sand, just that his name is "Sand."

Amusing. Logical, to an extent, but amusing. And wrong, as it happens, though not through fault of their logic....just that the character is slightly more than the name implies.

I don't know what our threshold would be for determining if/when Sand is dead. He existed indefinitely as part of the Earth, over so vast a tract of land that Johnny could never hope to affect it all. If Johnny was smart, he might get an indefinite stalemate out of it, because it would be hard for Sand to hurt him as well. But the only one who could legitimately win this fight is Sand.

namorsubby
stalemate then, if sandman makes one with the earth. staying in "his body",he'd end up a glass sculpture on johnny's wall.

Wei Phoenix
I asked about who he was and Cavalier didn't inform me so I just went with it. Johnny will go airborne as soon as the match starts.

namorsubby
Johnny will go airborne as soon as the match starts. true. and the thing about cavalier too.

Wei Phoenix
If the guy can truly become one with the earth then why would you put Johnny on the ground? It's like you want Sand to just oneshot him.

namorsubby
yeah, tell me about it.

besides, when you put an obscure character in a match, you should always make sure to explain stats/feats/reasons for win and prefebly display feats to justify a victory.........at least, that's what i'd do. big grin

Cavalier
I just wanted to test how much the forum knew about Sand. I might make a respect thread.

He could take Johnny out when Johnny's in the air as well, of course. He hit Black Adam with a mud geiser. He's used lava streams, ground structures... even walls and ceilings, though that doesn't apply here.

Anyways, Sand wins.

Wei Phoenix
Lava isn't going to hurt Johnny and if he is hot enough he'll go through any ground structure.

namorsubby
sand/rock/lava won't hurt an extremely hot torch.

namorsubby
Lava isn't going to hurt Johnny and if he is hot enough he'll go through any ground structure. darn, you said it before me. lol

Cavalier
Lava isn't going to hurt Johnny and if he is hot enough he'll go through any ground structure. The point isn't to hurt, it's to blind or ground. Even simply to pummel.

Sand can move huge amounts of rock too. He crashed the Rock of Eternity to the ground.

Wei Phoenix
well fire or lava isn't going to burn him and he'll plow right through any ground struture if he is hot. It will be like a hot knife through butter. Still it seems as if you only made this for Johnny to lose. I hate it when people do this, everytime I'm tempted to pit them against someone they can't beat like Juggernaut.

Cavalier
Still it seems as if you only made this for Johnny to lose. Meh. I knew what the instant reaction would be, so I wanted to see if the forum knew anything about Sand.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.