Sylar Petrelli?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MizuRyu
Is Mrs. Petrelli tripping balls or is she telling the truth. I cant tell anymore. Sylar really a Petrelli brother?

Quincy
It's just lunacy on behalf of the writers of the show.

Its a plot "twist" for the sake of a plot twist, pure and simple.

MizuRyu
^ yeah lol

Wolfie
That will become a fair statement when we see nothing come of this.

It's too early to say that it's a plot twist for the sake of a plot twist.

And wouldn't that explain why Sylar and Peter's powers are so similar?

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Wolfie
That will become a fair statement when we see nothing come of this.

It's too early to say that it's a plot twist for the sake of a plot twist.

And wouldn't that explain why Sylar and Peter's powers are so similar? And what of Nathan?

Captain REX
He is an ambitious person, even if only in personality rather than power.

Darth Vicious
They seem to be making the character too powerful. I dont see what possible weakness he could posses now that he has Claire's powers and every episode hge gets more powers (3 more yesterday). Hopefully they could explore his "hunger" a bit more.

starlock
At the beginning of season 2, i had claimed sylars season one villainy was legendary...and it was...but i find him old news, and i find myself laughing at this...petrelli family tree business, more watering down of what should have been a season one legend.even if its just a control issue for sylar its one of many plots in a multitude of unnecessary and uninteresting dilemma's.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by starlock
At the beginning of season 2, i had claimed sylars season one villainy was legendary...and it was...but i find him old news, and i find myself laughing at this...petrelli family tree business, more watering down of what should have been a season one legend.even if its just a control issue for sylar its one of many plots in a multitude of unnecessary and uninteresting dilemma's.

I agree. He should have died after the 1st season. That way he would always be remembered for his legendary villainy. Now, the writers are just watering him down more and more.

MizuRyu
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
They seem to be making the character too powerful. I dont see what possible weakness he could posses now that he has Claire's powers and every episode hge gets more powers (3 more yesterday). Hopefully they could explore his "hunger" a bit more. AGREED i think they are making new characters just for him to get those powers. I mean sylar had some cool powers and then he just keeps killing more and more every EP. and its getting way out of hand. I think he should have killed that Black guy that was the FEAR POWER other than Jesse...

Mairuzu
Im glad hes alive, its like DBZ all over again!

hes vegeta ermm

father of hiro haermm

Phucked Up
Originally posted by MizuRyu
Is Mrs. Petrelli tripping balls or is she telling the truth. I cant tell anymore. Sylar really a Petrelli brother?

Off-topic: Did you really need a new username after only being here a week?

On topic: I think this can be interesting, we'll see how it plays out though.

Mairuzu
My opinion is that they are using each other

like sylar knows shes BSing

Entity
Originally posted by Mairuzu
My opinion is that they are using each other

like sylar knows shes BSing Yea that's about the only way I'll have any respect for this crap. If it turns out all along that Sylar is just playing her little game so he can just keep getting more powers. I so hope this ends with him killing that *****! She just needs to die, I really hate her.

I just can't believe the crap with Noah just going with it either. Even thou I'm sure he realises how powerful Sylar is and he can't really do anything to him I just can't understand his even just pretending to be so cool with it. Can't he just have the Haitian show up and distract or at least semi restrain Sylar while he pulls out a shot gun or oozy or something and just blows his brains out?

And how the hell is Angela not realising what she's doing? Does she really think even for a second she can actually control Sylar? And even if her retarded ass did, does she not realise how universally stupid it is to just keep helping him grow stronger?

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Entity
Yea that's about the only way I'll have any respect for this crap. If it turns out all along that Sylar is just playing her little game so he can just keep getting more powers. I so hope this ends with him killing that *****! She just needs to die, I really hate her.

I just can't believe the crap with Noah just going with it either. Even thou I'm sure he realises how powerful Sylar is and he can't really do anything to him I just can't understand his even just pretending to be so cool with it. Can't he just have the Haitian show up and distract or at least semi restrain Sylar while he pulls out a shot gun or oozy or something and just blows his brains out?

And how the hell is Angela not realising what she's doing? Does she really think even for a second she can actually control Sylar? And even if her retarded ass did, does she not realise how universally stupid it is to just keep helping him grow stronger? Hes cool with it because he said himself hes trying to find out more about him (mainly his weakness) then he'll kill him.

And the haitians power isnt THAT good. Im sure sylar can take him 1 on 1

(which is why he needed Eve)

celestialdemon

And the haitians power isnt THAT good. Im sure sylar can take him 1 on 1

(which is why he needed Eve)

Who said he needed Eve? It wasn't his call to take her along. It was Bennet's.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Entity
Yea that's about the only way I'll have any respect for this crap. If it turns out all along that Sylar is just playing her little game so he can just keep getting more powers. I so hope this ends with him killing that *****! She just needs to die, I really hate her.

And how the hell is Angela not realising what she's doing? Does she really think even for a second she can actually control Sylar? And even if her retarded ass did, does she not realise how universally stupid it is to just keep helping him grow stronger?

Like Mairuzu said, Noah is just playing along until he knows how to take him out... just about the only well written thing about the Sylar-Angela-Noah thing last episode

Angela is doing this for a reason, and that's something she saw in the future, everyone's dead and the only one around her it's Sylar... whether he was there to kill her or help her I don't know

... and then there's the future thing in which Sylar it's supposedly a good guy while almost everyone has gone bad, he's supposed to be helping Angela in said future
I could be wrong though, but maybe Angela saw/thought that's the only way to try to change the future...or maybe how the future needs to play out.
She's always hell-bent in keeping the future unchanged and do anything to protect her plan for it... ever since the bomb thing...

She might be bad, but she does thing according to her plan and she does care for her children: Nathan didn't go through, and help Peter, then Peter disappear and Angela finds him in the Shanti-virus future and she seem genuinely regretful and relief to find Peter alive .. and now she want her Peter back and the future Peter to go away...

...so I'm also hoping it's just a ploy to have Sylar play along, and she's not literally her mother... I hope it's not just convenient plot twist... cuz it would be really dumb if it is

...btw. so far no mention on who she was taking to last season finale, about the "Pandora's box being opened"... I always thought it was Bob, and that he sent HRG or someone else to stop Nathan... but that wasn't the case
who was she talking to? Linderman?

Mairuzu
What was she talking about also?

Blue_Hefner
It's probably not correct, but I think she may have created him or something . . . like Nikki and Tracy were created by that doctor. I don't have any evidence or anything, but it's just a feeling I have. :-(

Mairuzu
Ah, pretty good theory

but then it was kinda be lame because Tracy was already "made"

Blue_Hefner
Ah, pretty good theory

but then it was kinda be lame because Tracy was already "made"

Well, it was just an idea. embarrasment

S_D_J
I don't think it'd be lame, I agree it's a good theory

... and definitely better than her being her literal and actual mom yes

Quincy
I for one would be disappointed if Sylar was "created" as well.

But seriously doubt that's the case.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by S_D_J
I don't think it'd be lame, I agree it's a good theory

... and definitely better than her being her literal and actual mom yes Yea it would be better...
but still lame imo erm

Blue_Hefner
i hope I'm wrong then.

Mairuzu
lol

S_D_J
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
i hope I'm wrong then.

laughing

Vinny Valentine
Sylar always had issues with his mother, Angela is merely using this lie against him to take down the other villians. Manipulation then disposing of him.

Blue_Hefner
Looks like i was wrong. smile

Mairuzu
Sylar might not be a petrelli... he could possibly have a different father, hopefully we'll find out next episode

S_D_J
but she's indeed her mom... which I don't really like

Mairuzu
Yea, kinda lame

yeah they are brothers.. kinda dumb i think,

S_D_J
Sylar might not be a petrelli... he could possibly have a different father, hopefully we'll find out next episode

so... according to the preview ... he is a Petrelli?

Quincy
I think Sylar being a Petrelli is gay.

The writers are really reaching.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by S_D_J
so... according to the preview ... he is a Petrelli? yup... looks like its official

Kinneary
I like the idea of Sylar and Peter being brothers, and even of Sylar redeeming himself, become a somewhat of the Heroes 'Vegeta.' Peter's own hunger complicates his character more, and sets up a good parallel between him and Sylar.

Those two teaming up and working together to take down more powerful villains is a great idea, I think. Otherwise, you might as well call the show "Peter Petrelli and Friends." I think the two of them working together could end up as a great idea - if it's handled correctly.

Captain REX
Hopefully having Sylar's power, when controlled, will give Peter some control over his abilities. He doesn't know what to do with them, and currently he has somewhere around a dozen or more.

In any case, I'm not minding the "Sylar Petrelli" bit. It is a stretch, but it's not horrible.

Ordained
agreeded. their powers always seemed similar to me anyways. it certainly was a twist. enemies who also happen to be brothers, which was unbeknowst to them. major coolness smokin'

Entity
Originally posted by Ordained
agreeded. their powers always seemed similar to me anyways. it certainly was a twist. enemies who also happen to be brothers, which was unbeknownst to them. major coolness smokin' Yea because its completely original. Enemies realise they're brothers has NEVER been done before. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sorry but I just find that completely lame and just flat out lazy! The writers aren't even trying and just did that to do it. I also find this sociopath that has come to terms with killing people to gain their abilities as part of natural selection just simply realising he's really a monster and now wants to be a Hero complete bs. I mean it could be great has other stories have proved if handled right but this isn't even that. Its just another example of this season's latest, "doing things just to do them" trend.

Another thing that bothers me. Ok so lets just assume that it really was just the "hungry" or craving for power that made Sylar the way he was. Why is it forcing Peter to kill? Peter doesn't need to cut some one's head open to gain their ability. Hell how would it even benefit him? And Peter's not even that kind of Person like Gabriell was. He's shown all thur the series up till now how much he cares for people and empathises life. Its just crap and lame IMO.

Mairuzu
AT least this is gonna be better than the DB movie

Captain REX
The way I see it for Peter wanting to rip heads open... he doesn't understand anything about his powers or the powers of others; none of it makes sense to him other than 'I have tons of super powers.' Perhaps the power is driving him to want to understand? I'm not entirely sure.

Mairuzu
Yea, but with sylars power.. he should be able to understand things... he should be able to use his powers well now

no?

Entity
Damn bottom of the page
Originally posted by Ordained
agreeded. their powers always seemed similar to me anyways. it certainly was a twist. enemies who also happen to be brothers, which was unbeknowst to them. major coolness smokin'
Yea because its completely original. Enemies realise they're brothers has NEVER been done before. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sorry but I just find that completely lame and just flat out lazy! The writers aren't even trying and just did that to do it. I also find this sociopath that has come to terms with killing people to gain their abilities as part of natural selection just simply realising he's really a monster and now wants to be a Hero complete bs. I mean it could be great has other stories have proved if handled right but this isn't even that. Its just another example of this season's latest, "doing things just to do them" trend.

Another thing that bothers me. Ok so lets just assume that it really was just the "hungry" or craving for power that made Sylar the way he was. Why is it forcing Peter to kill? Peter doesn't need to cut some one's head open to gain their ability. Hell how would it even benefit him? And Peter's not even that kind of Person like Gabriell was. He's shown all thur the series up till now how much he cares for people and empathises life. Its just crap and lame IMO.

And yes, Peter should be able to understand all his powers just as Sylar is able to understand all of his now. Basically they screwed up because now there's no excuse for Peter not to be just unstoppable and fully capable with his abilities. But they've just decided to turn his story into crap now and dispose of a hard to write character that way. Its retarded, they are killing everything I loved about the show! sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.