A Place For My Head (Registration)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ripper Jacc
A Place For My Head

Jacc Arlington grew up in a small town in western Nevada, where nothing ever happened, and everyone knew one another. He attended an ordinary high school and graduated with average marks, then left home to attend college at a university in Kansas. This would be where his plan faltered. You see, Jacc became a victim of a car accident, and upon reawakening, he found himself in a world very unlike his own. A world of mystic creatures and advanced technology. A world of fantastic possibilities and never-ending discoveries. But most importantly, Jacc found himself awakened in a world at war...

The world of Pandora. At war for the better part of the past 500 years, the people of Imperial City found themselves starting to lose to the more powerful invading armies of Olympia, a land known for its war-hungry races and blood-thirsty nature. Jacc finds himself in the center of a war that has been brewing for centuries, and is all boiling down to the events of the next week...

Now, in order to discover what it was that brought him here, and a means to return home, Jacc Arlington must fight to save Imperial City... or die trying...

I can hear you all now, right? What kind of tech are we talking about, what sorts of weaponry, etc.? Right? Okay, so lemme address that before I get blazed with tons of questions:

For weapons, guns and such are usable, but also available are swords, magic, etc. Keep in mind, characters who wield magic should only control a single element, thus keeping powers from getting out of hand against other players.

Technology... I had trouble with this in the planning stages, but I think we're gonna say something very similar to what the machines were like in FF12. For the sake of argument, we'll say it's the same kind of tech exactly, but not in FF12 this time around.

Now, characters: I want no more than two per person, if that. I would prefer one per person, but if you're an advanced RP player, or if I've seen you successfully control multiples before, two is fine. Also, if you can show me some proof that you've successfully used multiple characters before, that can grant you the second, but otherwise, let's keep it to one. And before anyone else tries laying claim, I'm playing Jacc. For the sake of stifling any arguments.

This has been approved, and I won't bother listing who all said they were interested. I think you all know who you are.

Character sheets will be including, but not limited to:

Name
Race
Appearance
Weaponry

I will post the sheet for Jacc soon so as to give you an example of what I'm looking for.

Ripper Jacc
Name: Jacc Arlington
Race: Human
Appearance:
Weaponry: Dual Handguns, Oversized Sword (All gained after awakening in Pandora)
Bio: (because I'm old-fashioned and like people to understand how my character fits in) Jacc was born in a nowhere town in the center of Western Nevada. Graduating from high school, taking perhaps the worst breakup he's ever had, and losign his home were bad enough, so he managed to get himself a scholarship to a university in Kansas, where he intended to make a new life for himself. On the way, his car was totalled, and now he finds himself awakened in a world like no other he has ever seen, the world of Pandora. His only goal: to make it back to his own world alive and in one piece...

http://th52.deviantart.com/fs24/300W/f/2008/023/9/c/Nero_by_blackmittens.jpg

http://th80.deviantart.com/fs32/300W/f/2008/196/2/2/Dante_sketch_by_Magolobo.jpg

DangerousBeauty

Mando' Ade
Name: darian hale
Race: lizard/mage type
Appearance: wears a dark cloak, no tail, inverted joint on the leg, small furlike brown spikes running down his back. dark olive green scales, maroon eyes.
Weaponry: dagger, energy crossbow, what appears to be a lightsaber but without the decorative hilt and the sword bends like rubber when it hits something instead of cutting through, black color

Mando' Ade
just a note db, that thing on her back is a sword, a katana actually.

TigerEyes
Name: Hades McKenzie
Appearance: see pic
Weaponry: Long sword, one throwing star and a pistol.

DangerousBeauty
Originally posted by Mando' Ade
just a note db, that thing on her back is a sword, a katana actually.

not for my girl. its not a blade. its blunt like a Shinai.

i know what a katana is. im not stupid. stick out tongue

jalek moye
Name: Wei yuan
Race: human
Appearance: the pic at the bottom of page
Weaponry: da dao http://www.crouchingtiger.co.uk/images/047-dadao-kung-fu-fighting-sword1.jpg and a gladius

and can make and manipulate fire

Ordained

TigerEyes
i`m pretty sure your list of powers falls under the too many for one character catergory....might want to review the rules

Ordained
I know the rules and he said one "element". My basic power is Telepathy with a lot of branch powers. If it's not okay, then he'll have to tell me that himself. And besides, I'm not a main character. The only time I'll really make any major apperances is when other characters need to be guided or something of the sort.

Ripper Jacc
Ordained, I was skeptical at first on reading your character sheet, but since, as you've said, you'll only be along every once in a while, I'm going to allow it. You'll just have to not abuse the amount of power you've got or put some kind of stranglehold on how much you use certain things, but if you intend only to act as a guide, I'm going to let it slide. No more characters from anyone else like this, though. Call it unfair if you will, but he already had my express permission back before the thread was opened.

Everyone else, you all look like you've got it going well. I'll open the game once we have one or two more characters.

CaylaSlap
I'm not exactly sure whats going on but I'd like to join. I used to come to this forum/website all the time but I tend to get side tracked all the time. Can I get an update. Ill post my info in a minute

Ripper Jacc
Milady, I'd be more than happy for you to join. More or less, the entirety of the plot thus far is posted overhead in my opening post, but if you have any specific questions or anything, please, by all means, feel free to give me a PM and I'll get back to you the instant I manage to get myself online again, if I'm not at that given moment. smile

CaylaSlap
Name: Halo

Appearance:
Stands at 5'6, usually wears a white fitted tee shirt and a dark brown wrap as a skirt,. Her skin is pale as ivory, and her eyes were like pools of emerald jewels. Her nose was small and rounded, her lips full and stained pink. She had a septum piercing and two full sleeves of tattoo's. She was a lean girl, but she was built nicely. Her hair was pure white, and was dreaded beautifully, they stopped at the small of her back.

Weaponry: Silver Katana embedded with diamonds swirled around the gold handle. "Baby" Desert Eagle holds a 15 shot Magazine Double Action Trigger, 4,5 mm caliber

Ayáme Tetskomi
Name: Ayame Tetskomi/Reina Seshuma

Race: vampire lycan breed/ elven

Appearance: (Ayame) http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb203/CherryPuff42/Anime/vampire.jpg

(Reina)http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o415/aninjawolf/theelfofthewood.jpg

Weaponry: a tall spear-like staff (Reina) and two vampiric katanas (Ayame)

Bio: when she was but a baby she had a curse put on her, now she lives two differnt lives, one of light and the other of darkness. All that she knows is that she used to have a family.... long ago.

Matroshka
Name: Yondaime Uzumaki
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 176
Appearance: PIC
Weaponry: Black Bladed Short Katana, Shruiken, Throwing Knives,
Smoke Bombs, Heavy Vest, Combat Knife.

Ordained
Got you, Jac.

Matroshka
Ordained is that you !?

Ordained
The one and only flirt Don't be so surprised.

Ripper Jacc
We have plenty of characters, now, so I'm going to say this once and only once: The RP thread will be open as of the second I get done typing this and get off to doing it. CaylaSlap, PM me, I have an idea for the story concerning your character that I'd like to run by you, for some reason, she sparked my memory on a plot twist I thought up months ago.

CaylaSlap
Lets see if this works now. This is an image of my chara, only with emerald eyes like my description + various other things, but you get the point http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1412/1470233621_5ca6269bc7_o.jpg

Ripper Jacc
Very nice. Glad to see they considered your post count high enough to post that, it's nice to have a visual of her to work with on the RP.

Ripper Jacc
Note: I've just realized how confusing this ruddy character sheet is, from here on in, could everyone state if they're with the Imperials or the Olympians? And anyone who's already posted, please just post a reply with the word of your alliance, so I can update everyone on where everyone stands? Thanks, all.

For the record, Jacc is as of yet undecided.

CaylaSlap
Name: Halo

Appearance: ] and two full sleeves of tattoo's. She was a lean girl, but she was built nicely. Her hair was pure white, and was dreaded beautifully, they stopped at the small of her back.

Weaponry: Silver Katana embedded with diamonds swirled around the gold handle. "Baby" Desert Eagle holds a 15 shot Magazine Double Action Trigger, 4,5 mm caliber

Alliance: Rogue ][

jalek moye
ca weiyuan be a mercenary

and also they have motorcycle type things in this world right?

Matroshka
lol ur making this Devil May Cry. Dont get me wrong i love the games. But this isnt a Devil May Cry thread :O and Yondaime is with the Olympians

Ripper Jacc
Originally posted by jalek moye
ca weiyuan be a mercenary

and also they have motorcycle type things in this world right?

Tech is up to standards with the same setup as FFXII, if that answers your question. As I have yet to finish it, I could not answer if they have anything motorcycle related. As per your mercenary request... sure, why not.

Originally posted by Matroshka
lol ur making this Devil May Cry. Dont get me wrong i love the games. But this isnt a Devil May Cry thread :O and Yondaime is with the Olympians

Is this directed at me? Because I am aware my character is going to resemble Dante and Nero to a degree, as is customary of all of my characters lately, but I fail to see how this story is Devil May Cry. If you have a valid point as to how it is, feel free to point it out, but otherwise let's refrain from jumping to conclusions. The story's only just begun, and has no real basis to be judged as anything just yet. smile

jalek moye
lol that didnt answer my question cuz i hated ff12 and didnt play long enough

do they have any small one person like vehicles that are still fast

Ripper Jacc
Once again, only made it so far into 12... Gimme a sec to research into it, I'll post my findings soon.

EDIT: I'm finding nothing, so for the sake of argument, we're going to say no unless someone can find something that says otherwise for me. Sorry to be a pain, but...

CaylaSlap
i never played any of the FF's. I just rule.

jalek moye
well dont play 12 it sucks stick out tongue

CaylaSlap
thats my plan.

Matroshka
Originally posted by Ripper Jacc
Tech is up to standards with the same setup as FFXII, if that answers your question. As I have yet to finish it, I could not answer if they have anything motorcycle related. As per your mercenary request... sure, why not.

Is this directed at me? Because I am aware my character is going to resemble Dante and Nero to a degree, as is customary of all of my characters lately, but I fail to see how this story is Devil May Cry. If you have a valid point as to how it is, feel free to point it out, but otherwise let's refrain from jumping to conclusions. The story's only just begun, and has no real basis to be judged as anything just yet. smile i was making a joke to Jalek about the motorcycle eek! and yes i could tell the second you made the thread u were ganna be a Dante or Nero like character, hence ur sig and ur avi stick out tongue but i dont care if it is like that anyway I <3 DEVIL MAY CRY

Ripper Jacc
My mistake then. Sorry to anyone if I fly off the handle... Long week at home, and it's kinda starting to bleed over into my recreational life, as well, so if I seem short tempered... everyone overlook me...

Matroshka
nah your cool dude

jalek moye
lol is there any ground vehicles in ff12 cuz all i rember is airships, so if there isn't then should i like ride a chocobo or something stick out tongue

i'm just asking cuz i plan on my charcter showing up while riding something

Matroshka
holy shit i wanna ride a chocobo ! i want one as a pet there cute ^-^ !

Ripper Jacc
Er... well, if we aren't having ground vehicles... let's try for something a bit more fitting to the setting like... I dunno... horses. Might allow for some kind of motorcycle-esque kind of vehicle, but let's try to keep tech from looking too much like real-world stuff, yeh?

jalek moye
yea im fine with animals how about this

CaylaSlap
*taps foot*

DangerousBeauty
my char's transportation is a giant snow leapord with limited speech skills. She rides it without a saddle, holding onto it's scruff to stay on.

for more info on Mara's speech skills scroll down until you see Oy. He talks like Mara.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_from_the_Dark_Tower_series

jalek moye
I'll have weiyuan show up once they leave there camp site or maybe just a little bit later

DangerousBeauty
id start crying if i saw a lizard thing like that coming at me

CaylaSlap
i might have nightmares. im not sure.

jalek moye
i've been in worst situations before

CaylaSlap
lol

CaylaSlap
if anyone wants to piggy back my chara that s cool but im going out now. bb tomorrow

jalek moye
my bad about not understanding the explosion thing, but the chained to a tree should've been stated

Cuz when i think of someone getting wrapped by something then slammed i don't assumed its chained to the object that it was slammed into

CaylaSlap
RECAP

TigerEyes
seconded

CaylaSlap
im leaving at noon to see my father. i probably wont be back till saturday or later on tonight. sorry. but id like a recap and i dont want to see this rp thread to falter.

jalek moye
ok all that really happened, is wei yuan tryed to mugg Darian so Darian tied Weiyuan's dragon to a tree then blew up in wei's face. and then Yondaime is standing there preparing to throw knives at Weiyuan

Matroshka
why do you gatta play the trouble some little punk ? honestly i like RPs where there isnt fighting ever other post. I liked how things were before the fighting >.> and since when was there powers in this RP ? did i miss somthing >.<

TigerEyes
Originally posted by Matroshka
why do you gatta play the trouble some little punk ? honestly i like RPs where there isnt fighting ever other post. I liked how things were before the fighting >.> and since when was there powers in this RP ? did i miss somthing >.<

ya I dunno....theres no real direction in this rp.
and you were allowed magical ability as long as it was like one element and didn't get out of hand....but fireballs seem alittle exsessive

Matroshka
>.> i liked the RP b4 the fighting

jalek moye
Originally posted by TigerEyes
ya I dunno....theres no real direction in this rp.
and you were allowed magical ability as long as it was like one element and didn't get out of hand....but fireballs seem alittle exsessive
isnt a fireball one element

jalek moye
and ordained has telepathy and everthing but i cant shoot a fireball sad

i mean thats the most basic fire magic attack

TigerEyes
isnt a fireball one element
a fireball seems more like a power not magical control of an element. Magical control of an element to me seems like taking fire that is already there and being able to weild it not creating fire out of nothing

jalek moye
Originally posted by TigerEyes
a fireball seems more like a power not magical control of an element. Magical control of an element to me seems like taking fire that is already there and being able to weild it not creating fire out of nothing

really i always assumed that if you had control over an element you could create it aswell,

jalek moye
so do you guys not want him to be able to do it, just say so

CaylaSlap
where is ripper. i think maybe his internet connection still kind of sucks. you guys have to remember that there is a war between the Imperials and the Olympians. so either some should be worried about those army's.... some one more than the other and some both. like my chara. or are we all rogues. cause this is starting to get realllll confusing.

CaylaSlap
im leaving for the day

Ripper Jacc
Originally posted by CaylaSlap
where is ripper. i think maybe his internet connection still kind of sucks. you guys have to remember that there is a war between the Imperials and the Olympians. so either some should be worried about those army's.... some one more than the other and some both. like my chara. or are we all rogues. cause this is starting to get realllll confusing.

Yeah, still having connection issues, I'll have them resolved by Monday, no later than Tuesday. Sorry for the inconvenience, all. Until I return, Cayla is in charge. I've seen her work before and trust her to run things efficiently. Also, Cayla, take charge of Jacc, if it's not too much to ask, until I return. Sorry again, all. Back soon. Thanks, Cayla.

Matroshka
wow the damn thread was freaking killed >sad

CaylaSlap
no its not. i need a recap though

Matroshka
well im done with it , sorry. If only some people didnt **** it up ( im not pointing fingers ) In fact me Rip and Cayla were getting the story working fine. Maybe if Jacc comes back ill get back in it. He controls the MAIN character so i feel it will get better when hes in it

CaylaSlap
i second but im staying in the rp thread.

jalek moye
well geez sorry that i feel conflict is useful early on

CaylaSlap
hahah yeah we're just trying to keep things organized is all. since Rippers internet connection is down, im gunna try to do just that.

Matroshka
well geez sorry that i feel conflict is useful early on i didnt say you did i stick out tongue

XvampbenjiiX666
Name: Carpathian Forest
Race: dark elf
Appearance: http://www.trueblackmetal.info/bg/pictures/nattefrost-pic.jpg

Weapon(s): a double headed axe and twin katanas with poison embedded with poison

DangerousBeauty
creepy X.X reminds me of king... gives me that same feeling i got from him.

CaylaSlap
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

recap for Jacc... I dunno whats going on with the others but Yondaime Jacc and Halo were standing in a group and Ayame attacked Halo... and thats all thats been going on.

CaylaSlap
i will be on 11-3 ..when the heck do you people sign on.. i always miss it.

XvampbenjiiX666
Originally posted by DangerousBeauty
creepy X.X reminds me of king... gives me that same feeling i got from him. ...he's nicer though...i think? O.O

CaylaSlap
wow. this thread is annoying JACC COME BACK SO halo jacc and yondaime could at least have a story line.

Matroshka
YES ! =D you said it Cayla

TigerEyes
Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth my laptop had to go in for servicing....but I can see the rp still isn't really developped anywhere

Matroshka
we need Jacc. It was good when hes around. Dammit ill find out where he lives and fix his internet for him !

Ripper Jacc
On and off the next few days, and then I'll be able to devote a little more time, if everyone's still interested. Sorry I've had issues, maybe I can save this one, now...

CaylaSlap
im still interested. i was waiting for you. because i like the storyline we had worked out. and i was at a funeral so sorry i was gone for a while

Ripper Jacc
Not a problem, Cayla. Sorry to hear about the loss.

Anyway, I'll be back on and off, now, so... let the games begin...?

CaylaSlap
hells yeah. this weekend ill be busy but when im here i always check. :-)

Ripper Jacc
I won't be on this weekend, at all. Prolly back Monday or Tuesday.

gamewarrior
Name: Jason Lone

Appearance:
He has a lean build, Black hair, black eyes, wears rectangular glasses, a white long sleeved button-up shirt over a black T-shirt, black fingerless gloves, jeans, and black and white sneakers.

Weapons: He carries a number of hidden throwing knives, a two daggers, and retractable blade that comes out at the front of his right shoe. He is also very proficient at hand-to-hand combat.

gamewarrior
I don't really have any alliance but I guess I lean towards the Imperial.

Sorry but I guess I'm a bit late on the registration since you all have gone quite far into the story already. Is it alright If I can still join? Its been almost a year since I last came to the forum.

Zalindrana
Is it too late to sign up? I saw the rp and noticed it gets a lot of replys. Figured it would be a steady thread. All the ones I am in now take at least two days before someone replys.

Ripper Jacc
Sure, sure, you can both join. Sorry for the delay in replying. G'head and make yourselves at home, yeh?

Zalindrana
Name: Harandu
Race: Elf
Appearance: 6'2, Spiked Blonde Hair, Blue eyes, Black boots, Black pants, Red sleevles shirt.
Weaponry: None. Shapeshifter. Can only shift into types of cats. Ranging from a cute kitten to a ferocous Tiger.

That okay? If i cant o the shapeshifting then tell me and ill change it to an actual element.

Ripper Jacc
I'd... prefer an element, unless there's some form of limitation on how long the shifting can occur for at a time, and it would have to have some form of negative repercussion on his physical body outside of the shift... It's a messy style of magic, but...

I'll tell you what, we'll put it to a vote, who likes the idea of shifting as a form of Magic?

Zalindrana
Well in my beliefs Nature is an element itself. And seeing as how we are all part of nature I see as limiting the power of nature to only one type of animal. Im not trying to argue a point im just saying.

anyway you do not have to put it to a vote. I will just change it to something else. Would "Power over Water" be alright?

BTW, I havent been rp'in in forums long. I mostly did it in chat rooms. When someone says "Bump" what does that mean? smile sry im helpless. :P

Ripper Jacc
's alright. I honestly would allow it either way, just don't want anyone thinking I'm allowing too much power. But if you'll limit it to one animal, it works fine.

If someone bumps a thread, they're simply moving it back up on the active threads list so that it may be found again by others who may share interest in it. Usually displays the fact that a thread has not been used in a long while.

Zalindrana
now ur makin me feel bad. I dont wana mess up ur rp...

Ill do an actuall element. Control water. Not create it.

Ripper Jacc
*shrugs* Whichever, I'm not partial either way. Whatever you wanna do works. smile

Zalindrana
I just thought of something. A Limit on my power.
The power to shapeshift into any type of cat lke I said before. However When I change Im stuck in tht form for 24 hours before I can change back. nd when I change back I cant change into a cat for another 24 hours. Hows that for a limit?

Ripper Jacc
There you go, with a imitation like that, I can allow shifting. Congratulations, your character is fully approved. Start RPing as you see fit. And I'll be PM'ing you later about an RP idea I've had that could be... interesting... if we can get up the people.

Zalindrana
Sweetness ^_^

Zalindrana
Actually if you have an idea then ill just wait on posting for right now. Until either I get bored of waiting or you give me the idea. wink

Zalindrana
less then an hour later..... I got bored. big grin

Kennedyward
Name: Alvin Ken
Race: human
Appearance: Short white hair, yellow eyes, wears a brown coat over a black with thick cloth for pants
Weaponry: A sword, dagger, and carries around potions for safe keeping.

Ripper Jacc
golden, feel free to begin posting.

Zalindrana
Hey. Is it night or day in the rp?

DangerousBeauty
near midnight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.