The Last Of It's Kind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
How should the last Expanded Universe novel end?(if it every does that is) How would you have it? Who would die? Well let the speculation began.

Jedimaster3838
Well, you gotta expect that Luke, Han, and Leia will have to die sometime. I expect in the last EU book Luke could die saving the galaxy one last time or sacrificing himself, in the same fashion as Ben, for the good of his son.

Darth Heinous
Have the sith return to threaten the galaxy one last time. The last Sith lord should be Darth Omega.

Admiral Kettch
I'm hoping there won't be a last one for a looooong time.

Jedi Mercenary
hey there Kettch, you new here??

Admiral Kettch
I pop in every once in a while. I mostly post at unjoh.com

JediOasis
Thats a very good site too, any fan of the NJO series should really check it out.

Ratcat
Well, I certainly hope that the NJO when it ends will not see the end of the EU. Also, I hope that Han and Leia patch it up once Han get's himself to accept what happened to Chewie.

Just how far could they take it. Well Anakin, Jacen and Jaina are certainly becoming very tangible characters, they could hold their own in the series I think. Plus there are others such as Kyp and Danni who could be developed further. As I said in another thread I would love to see the relationshi between Danni and Jacen explored a little further.

I would also like to see the Jedi Council fully re-established and for the Jedi to discover all the neat stuff we're learning in the Prequel Trilogy, especially the old ways of training and the concept of MidiChlorians.

Just my $0.02!

Admiral Kettch
Han and Leia have already been patched up in BP.

I would like to see the original characters, Luke/Leia/Han, phased out of the series either through retiring or dieing, so that the way is paved for more novels focusing on the next generation.

JediOasis
Yeah, eventually all the movie characters will have to die, I think Luke will be the last....turn into a Ben type character. It is almost impossible to have a "last" book. If you keep introducing new characters and good stories it can go on forever. Of course, part of me wonders if I can read books with no movie characters(Luke, Han, Leia or Lando) in them, just wouldn't be the same.

Xizor
I like the idea of a sith threatening the galaxy one last time. Luke sacrifices himself in Ben-like fasion for Anakin/Jacen. Jaina has taken over Leia's duties in the senate, Mara/Luke's child will be in training and have some role in saving the Galaxy. In the end most of the OT characters have passed, leaving the galaxy to a new generation, Han/Leia are last seen living peacefully together on some out of the way planet. Their children in charge of the New Republic.

Admiral Kettch
Actually, I've always seen Jacen as the most likely political replacement. I doubt that Jaina will ever have enough, uhhh, pateience and tact to do very well in that field.smile

Commander K
Interesting..

Blaxican_Jedi
I want Luke to turn into like a ghost thing like Obi-Wan did, than help his son svae the galaxy all the time. Along of course with Jacen, Jaina, and Anikin Solo. I don't know about having a whole batch of other characters though. My heart couldn't ban a "Jack Earth Sprinter." *shudder*

Captain REX
I hate you... *stabs K*

Decay
id rather see luke dying similar to how yoda did, fairly peaceful and becoming one with the force. possibly talking to a student who is the last hope of the galaxy. it would give it a full circle kind of feeling.

Fishy
A freaking 5 year old thread...

5 years old and all you say is interesting?

god...

Wesker
Originally posted by Commander K
Interesting..
You should be banned.

zephiel7
I think Luke and Mara's child should fall completely and utterly to the dark side with no hope of redemption. The Skywalker line which was once so noble would fall into complete darkness. There would be a somewhat bitter sweetness to it.

Wesker
Or they are all on a planet that gets WTFpwned by the revived spirit of an ancient sith lord who is out to fek shit up.

Arker
Are you freaking retarded, K?

Wesker
Yes, he is.

Arker
Well, I already knew that. It was a retorical question (Insert duh here).

Wesker
Duh.

Blaxican_Jedi
Im tired of the sith. They've had their chanve numerous times and they all failed miserably cept for Marka. Its time for some new crap. And if I hear about some Imperial uber weapon one more time...

Arker
Originally posted by Wesker
Duh.

Thank you.

Wesker
You're welcome.

Darth_Glentract
Well, it's already been revived, so what the heck.

When Luke dies, he had better stay around as a force ghost or there is no way the new jedi order will last more then a few years. Kyp and Corran, two of the three most powerful people after Luke, seriously dislike eachother. Jacen, one of the three strongest after Luke might as well be a Dark Jedi at this point, as he's started a large war on purpose, killed in anger repeatedly, and wanted to assassinate several people in cold blood. Furthermore, Jacen was all for butchering the Yuuzhan Vong like animals. Kyle is nearly as old as Luke, so he can't lead for long after Luke. Saba isn't exactly the people type and is older then Luke if I remember correctly. Kam is also neatly as old as Luke, but he will probably lead after Luke is gone for several years, if he lives longer as he is effectively second in command after Luke as the Acadamy Administrator. Ben is a possible leader, but from what we've seen of him so far he couldn't do it.

Eh, the Order is screwed.

zephiel7
Pretty much. Once Ragnos strikes back, they would burn in "Force" hell.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.