Team 'Orc' Vs. Sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Becci
Team One:: Broxigar, Grommash, Gul'Dan, Thrall, Teron

Vs.

Team Two:: Sephiroth

Terms:
- The five in team one has drank the blood of Mannoroth without knowing this until it was too late.
- Medivh has saught up Sephiroth and educated him in the five 'orcs'.
- The battle will take place in the magnificent city Orgrimmar.
- Sephiroth is not fused with Jenova.
- This is not KH(2) Sephiroth.
- Late Teron version
- Late Gul'Dan version

Dark-Jaxx
I am confused, which Sephiroth is this?

Crisis Core?

FFVII?

Advent Children?

Becci
Not Advent Children, which is the one fused with Jenova if I recall things properly.

This would be either Crisis Core or FFVII. You pick whichever would be the best fight. Best in this sense meaning most even, and not which one that would stomp the team.

Dark-Jaxx
Well I would say CC would be enough, due to speed mostly, though I am working off of limited knowledge.

Becci
To set characters somewhat straight:

Broxigar: Very physically competent orc. Very talented warrior.
Grommash: Very physically competent orc. Very talented blademaster.
Gul'Dan: Very magically competent orc. Master ranked warlock.
Thrall: Very physically and magically competent orc. Master ranked shaman and talented warrior.
Teron: Very physically and magically competent former orc. Supposively the greatest Death Knight in history after Arthas. Master warrior, Death Knight and Warlock.

Dark-Jaxx
Well are any of them fast?

Even CC Sephiroth was fast enough to move quick enough to not be seen while doing it.

Becci
They are all fast, but this is in relation to the Warcraft universe. Orcs do supposively have heightened senses, as seen multiple times.

Rehgar, a lesser shaman, for instance reacted just about instantly and before anyone had the chance to move the slightest he had already blasted and killed his target. If I recall properly, Broxigar was capable of dodging an attack delivered at him from behind and kill his attacker during the same evasive maneuver. Brox was also capable of charging Varo'Then at such speed that he had no chance to react.

I am not saying they move faster than the eye, but they are not some slow brutes that some might take them for.

Dark-Jaxx
Well Sephiroth was able to casually block Angeal and Genesis' blows, both of them are superhumanly fast.

At one point they were both coming at him from both sides, one to front other to back, he blocked the one in the front first and seemingly instantly then blocked the attack to the back, turning around in the process.

Dude is overrated as hell, but he IS fast.

Becci
The greatest danger to his speed in the fight would be Thrall. An instant blast of ice has no 'travel time' and slows significantly upon impact. In the latest WoW DC issue (Which is canon), a blast of frost instantly froze our fluffy friend Broll. The caster just raised his hand and Broll was frozen all over, unmovable. If this was a mage or a shaman casting, is unknown however. The 'design' of the sent blast was the same as the electric shaman blast Rehgar sent in previous issues, only this time ice rather than electricity.

Not denying Sephiroth is fast, but they are five very talented orcs with all having their own unique and useful abilities.

Dark-Jaxx
Well Sephiroth's immune to effects like freezing I think.

Lol.

Becci
Stated where? stick out tongue

Dark-Jaxx
Well, pretty much all status effects do not affect him at all during the game lol.

Also, Sephiroth bears a high resistance to magic in general as seen when fighting Genesis, he jumped straight through Genesis' fire attack.

Becci
Well, status effects does not effect Illidan during the game either, but he sure could be applied to them during War of the Ancients stick out tongue

The blast of a shaman is not only magical, but contain physical impact. Or so one can assume. An impact sends the target flying. His resistance is an acceptable ground, but how well would he cope with demonic and shadow afflictions?

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Becci
Well, status effects does not effect Illidan during the game either, but he sure could be applied to them during War of the Ancients stick out tongue

The blast of a shaman is not only magical, but contain physical impact. Or so one can assume. An impact sends the target flying. His resistance is an acceptable ground, but how well would he cope with demonic and shadow afflictions? Well we really have nothing else to go by in Sephiroth's case lol.

...So does a bunch of exploding fireballs lol. stick out tongue

Don't know, said magics do not exist in FFVII.

Would you like me to show you the CC vid Becci to decide for yourself?

Becci
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Well we really have nothing else to go by in Sephiroth's case lol.

...So does a bunch of exploding fireballs lol. stick out tongue

Don't know, said magics do not exist in FFVII.

Would you like me to show you the CC vid Becci to decide for yourself?

- My point is that game mechanics can occasionally be elusive. Do you for instance think it makes sense that our precious Illidan can not be caught in a field of ice , or that the ice bolt effects does not slow him down? wink He is immune because the maintaining of balance during a fine challenge require it.

- In the Warcraft verse, a fireball just knocks you down in flames wink

- Which makes this a thypical, annoying point that has been encountered before. Would powers that origin from an alternative dimension in Warcraft be able to inflict harm to an entity in another game? Should we consider Sephiroth resistant to what sorts of magic the FF verse can provide, or to all sorts of magic, even such unfamiliar to the FF verse?

- I would appreciate it, yes.

Dark-Jaxx
Meh. Here is the vid.

l6ZaSipHuO4

Think what you will of Sephiroth, but that fight was pure win.

Becci
That certainly put him above the whole gang at physical capabilities, making Broxigar nothing more than canonfodder. His resistance shown during the fire scene makes Thrall's elemental blasts somewhat futile to anything other than earning time.

The fight would go down to what Grommash, Gul'Dan and Teron could do against him.

Dark-Jaxx
Well, like I said, I cannot really form a real opinion on this subject since I know so little of Team Orc.

But how would they handle Sephiroth's "Blade Beams?"

Terryc250
Sephiroth in his SOLDIER days easily slayed giant dragons for breakfast, i'm pretty sure those huge dragons have more physical strength then those orcs, some of the dragons had Ultima magic as well. During the flashback in FF7 Zack/Cloud and Sephiroth battled huge monsters, they couldn't even faze Sephiroth, and Sephiroth casually dispatched them

Dark-Jaxx
Well I would think Thrall alone could handily take one of those dragons...Which were not really that large.

Becci
Well, like I said, I cannot really form a real opinion on this subject since I know so little of Team Orc.

But how would they handle Sephiroth's "Blade Beams?"

Not sure. What is the power level of these Blade Beams?

Broxigar could more likely than not cleave trough them, but he is not much in an actual melee encounter compared to what Sephiroth has shown in the video.

Dark-Jaxx
Not sure. What is the power level of these Blade Beams?

Broxigar could more likely than not cleave trough them, but he is not much in an actual melee encounter compared to what Sephiroth has shown in the video. Well...They went through a large steel cannon like butter.

Becci
Originally posted by Terryc250
Sephiroth in his SOLDIER days easily slayed giant dragons for breakfast, i'm pretty sure those huge dragons have more physical strength then those orcs, some of the dragons had Ultima magic as well. During the flashback in FF7 Zack/Cloud and Sephiroth battled huge monsters, they couldn't even faze Sephiroth, and Sephiroth casually dispatched them

Any one in the orc team could probably slay an adult dragon. Such a feat is of little or no matter in this fight.

Terryc250
They were quite large, Sephiroth/Cloud were probably the size of its leg.

at 18:10, Sephiroth tells the excited Cloud about the mission, then a monster attacks the truck, and Sephiroth casually gets up and goes "that'd be our monster.." the monster would KO Cloud in a single hit but it does no damage to Sephiroth.

MgBaNFtUzg4

Becci
And here I was thinking Warcraft sized dragons. That dragon is incredibly small stick out tongue

Dark-Jaxx
Not to mention featless other than its size.

Becci
Well...They went through a large steel cannon like butter.

When that guy cut trough the beams, was there more than just a fancy weapon and physical strength involved?

Dark-Jaxx
When that guy cut trough the beams, was there more than just a fancy weapon and physical strength involved? Well he cast a spell on his weapon to increase its own cutting power, and is superhuman in strength himself.

Becci
Do you think it is something Broxigar's Ax and Grom's Ax would be able to cut trough? Both of the weapons are highly enhanced with magical imbuing. I want to say orcs are superhuman by nature, but they are not even humans. They are far more physically capable than a human though. Teron could probably use his blade to cut trough them as well, given his superhuman strength and imbued weapon. Thrall has the mighty Doomhammer.

The only one with a crappy weapon is Gul'Dan, with some pathetic staff stick out tongue

Dark-Jaxx
Do you think it is something Broxigar's Ax and Grom's Ax would be able to cut trough? Both of the weapons are highly enhanced with magical imbuing. I want to say orcs are superhuman by nature, but they are not even humans. They are far more physically capable than a human though. Teron could probably use his blade to cut trough them as well, given his superhuman strength and imbued weapon. Thrall has the mighty Doomhammer.

The only one with a crappy weapon is Gul'Dan, with some pathetic staff stick out tongue ...I guess. haermm

How strong is an Orc exactly?

I remember some saying they are strong enough to overpower Link from Zelda...Though I kinda doubt that. laughing out loud

Terryc250
Well they're bigger then Orcs, how big are warcraft dragons anyway?

Burning thought
They make FF dragons look like lizards, but yeh Team Orc, more variety and he couldnt defeat all of them, even if he killed one the rest have enough powers like freezing etc to defeat him.

Are World of warcraft abilities for the classes included because then it would be far more interesting.

Becci
Well they're bigger then Orcs, how big are warcraft dragons anyway?

Nefarian is an adult dragon. However, size tend to vary between individual dragons. Korialstrasz is another adult dragon that dwarfs Tyrygosa, whom is an adult as well. Korialstrasz for that matter is small compared to the grandmaster dragons.

http://www.strength-and-honor.org/foto/nef011.jpg

Becci
Originally posted by Burning thought
They make FF dragons look like lizards, but yeh Team Orc, more variety and he couldnt defeat all of them, even if he killed one the rest have enough powers like freezing etc to defeat him.

Are World of warcraft abilities for the classes included because then it would be far more interesting.

The classes are in this fight under the assumption that WoW classes are above average while these are master classes. They will all know everything the WoW classes know and more, since each is a master in their own arts.

Burning thought
So they could literally pull out so many powers, totems, spirit links, mana shorts, stuns that would make Sephiroth easy prey. Especially when theres a lot of them, all the Warlock curses twice over would kill Sephiroth in seconds (Guldan and the Death knight Teron)

Becci
...I guess. haermm

How strong is an Orc exactly?

I remember some saying they are strong enough to overpower Link from Zelda...Though I kinda doubt that. laughing out loud

The orcish race is primarly focused on brawn. Troughout the history they have shown great feats of strength, such as Broxigar cleaving demons in half. Thrall caused an impressive shockwave when he threw Doomhammer at Mannoroth. Grom actually cleaved straight into Mannoroth, which is an impressive strength feat. An orc blademaster punched trough stone like it was carbon. The same orc lifted a plate armored Blood Elf with one hand like she was nothing, holding her out with a straight arm before throwing her away like yesterdays newspaper.

Becci
So they could literally pull out so many powers, totems, spirit links, mana shorts, stuns that would make Sephiroth easy prey. Especially when theres a lot of them, all the Warlock curses twice over would kill Sephiroth in seconds (Guldan and the Death knight Teron)

I do not think Sephiroth would fall victim to any stuns since they are projectile attacks and Sephiroth is, granted, faster than these. I do agree that he would go down though, since even though faster he still has five to fight, whereas three hold incredible magical power, and he is not too fast. The curses would inflict and damage Sephiroth internally, so indeed he would only have a limited amount of time to defeat his advesaries.

Dark-Jaxx
The orcish race is primarly focused on brawn. Troughout the history they have shown great feats of strength, such as Broxigar cleaving demons in half. Thrall caused an impressive shockwave when he threw Doomhammer at Mannoroth. Grom actually cleaved straight into Mannoroth, which is an impressive strength feat. An orc blademaster punched trough stone like it was carbon. The same orc lifted a plate armored Blood Elf with one hand like she was nothing, holding her out with a straight arm before throwing her away like yesterdays newspaper. K.

Still weaker than Sephiroth IMO, who cuts through reinforced steel pretty easily.

Weaker than Link too. 131

Burning thought
I do not think Sephiroth would fall victim to any stuns since they are projectile attacks and Sephiroth is, granted, faster than these. I do agree that he would go down though, since even though faster he still has five to fight, whereas three hold incredible magical power, and he is not too fast. The curses would inflict and damage Sephiroth internally, so indeed he would only have a limited amount of time to defeat his advesaries.

I was more thinking of Earh shock where the shaman can stop a spell form happening ,it sort of stuns for a second, it would stop sephiroth from moving quickly, so would a lot of the totems, isnt there a slowing totem?

His speed is no problem since a curse of exaustion will have him crawling on the floor, add corruption, flames all over his body from immolate and thats just one warlocks curses, double it up and hell be history in seconds.

The sheer variety of magical debuffs that could be on Sephiroth would knock him down and his Durability is zero.

Becci
K.

Still weaker than Sephiroth IMO, who cuts through reinforced steel pretty easily.

Weaker than Link too. 131

Cutting trough steel has a lot to do with blade sharpness and how the slash is preformed. Not only strength. I would personally say that punching trough stone with your fist like it is paper is a more impressive strength feat than cutting trough steel with a sword. A enhanced sword if I recall properly.

I was more thinking of Earh shock where the shaman can stop a spell form happening ,it sort of stuns for a second, it would stop sephiroth from moving quickly, so would a lot of the totems, isnt there a slowing totem?

His speed is no problem since a curse of exaustion will have him crawling on the floor, add corruption, flames all over his body from immolate and thats just one warlocks curses, double it up and hell be history in seconds.

The sheer variety of magical debuffs that could be on Sephiroth would knock him down and his Durability is zero.

Earthbind Totem, yes. What gives CC Sephiroth a shot would be that even at roughly 60% speed and exhausted, it is wild guess that he can still match the speed of Broxigar and Grom.

His true problem is the instant casted spells by the magicians.

Burning thought
If he was hit by double exaustions he wouldnt be moving for long, a guy covered in disease and corruption as well would prob be dead in seconds, he cant kill all the warlocks or shamans before they hit him with something and since he got no real durability feats, he is dead, especially since all you need is a big sword to beat him.

Wil7
Sephiroth wins.

Becci
Originally posted by Wil7
Sephiroth wins.

Why?

Dark-Jaxx
Cutting trough steel has a lot to do with blade sharpness and how the slash is preformed. Not only strength. I would personally say that punching trough stone with your fist like it is paper is a more impressive strength feat than cutting trough steel with a sword. A enhanced sword if I recall properly. True enough.

But, Sephiroth also impaled the 30 foot Midgard Zolom on a tree.

leonheartmm
they make FF dragons look like lizards???!?!!?! LMAO, not EXACTLY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UD3yta2e9s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L-42Au2Dh4&feature=related

Becci
Originally posted by leonheartmm
they make FF dragons look like lizards???!?!!?! LMAO, not EXACTLY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UD3yta2e9s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L-42Au2Dh4&feature=related

1. Good song, but that video did not really speak in Final Fantasy dragons favor.

2. Same as with the first video, that really was not very convincing that a Final Fantasy dragon can match a Warcraft dragon at size.

Becci
True enough.

But, Sephiroth also impaled the 30 foot Midgard Zolom on a tree.

That really says me nothing stick out tongue

Dark-Jaxx
...It's a big 30 foot snake lol.

He killed it by impaling it on a tree.

Becci
So he lifted the snake and threw it up so it would impale on the tree? Or did he lift the tree and impaled as if carrying a lance?

NonSensi-Klown
Pretty sure it's the former.

MadMel
i cracked up when i first saw the zolom impaled..it was hilarious big grin

Terryc250
So he lifted the snake and threw it up so it would impale on the tree? Or did he lift the tree and impaled as if carrying a lance?

http://i33.tinypic.com/6ehwle.jpg

Burning thought
puny critter

Terryc250
I'm surprised you didn't go "Thers no proof Sephiroth did it! The snake might've just accidently fell on it!"

Becci
Accidents may happen, but the question is not if he did it. It is how he did it. Was it ever specified?

Terryc250
Logically there would be no reason for the FF7 script writer to have a snake accidently fall on a stake without any plot purposes or anything. No it wasn't specified.

Becci
I have no intentions of questioning if he did it. I am merely curious on how it happened. Trough physical force, spells or TK maybe?

Terryc250
Well the way you said "Accidents may happen" basically means your saying the snake may have accidently fell on the stake. No, Cloud and party were following Sephiroth, and they heard he went through the cave, and as they were going towards the entrance of the cave(which is guarded by the midgar zolom) they saw that. Sephiroth already had passed that area

Burning thought
He probably simply defeated it and impaled it in its final thrashings or made it impale itself sort of like kratos does since sephiroth has not the strength to lift the snake onto there like that or a power to impale it. The thing itself must have very little overall weight or durability though.

Terryc250
How can you state he doesn't have the strength when we've never even seen close to the limits of his strength?

Becci
Sephiroth does not seem like the guy who roll up his sleeves and impale someone as a symbol of strength. Terryc250 is right, that a limit to Sephiroth's strength can not be determined. And although we have never gotten any solid fact of how physically strong he actually is, we can not conclude that he might not have the physical capability to lift the serpent.

However, we can also not conclude that he has it. Because as Terryc250 said, it was never specified how the serpent became impaled. Assuming it was impaled trough physical strength is just as wrong as assuming it was not. We do not know how the battle between Sephiroth and the serpent in question took place.

It could have been an accident. It could have been pure skills from Sephiroth. It could have been injured while at high altitude and fallen over the tree. It could have been blasted there by Sephiroth. It could have been dragged on top of it by Sephiroth after defeat. It could have been thrown there during combat by Sephiroth.

Heck, considering the tiny amount of facts there is revolving that thread, it might not even have been Sephiroth, or the serpent was maybe tired of living?

Terryc250
There is no definate answer, hell, the writers probably don't even know, they just put it there as to show the player Sephiroth's power and brutality.

Because as your chasing after Sephiroth towards the cave, the only way to cross the marsh (which a zolom midgar is swimming around in) is to find a chocobo to outrun the midgar zolom, because if it catches you, you'll have to battle it, and if you battle it, your party will lose because the Serpent is insanely strong and 1 hit kills your team.

So the writers make it that you must avoid that battle, you must catch a chocobo to outrun it, so after going through and catching a chocobo and outrunning the zolom, you'll see that scene at the entrance of the cave which is clearly just to show the players how powerful and ruthless Sephiroth is, that is the only point of that scene, it has no other relevence to the story at all.

Burning thought
How can you state he doesn't have the strength when we've never even seen close to the limits of his strength?

feats, we dont have a feat close to him using a strength level to carry that serpent or anything of the sort, thus we cannot assume he has the strength...

the logic your usng is like me saying "Kain could have picked up the continent sized EG and tossed it across teh galaxy!" we just dont know the limits to Kains strength so we cant assume he couldnt.

Dark-Jaxx
puny critter Stop being a biased hater. Going by that pic, it is much more than 30 feet tall, it is at least 60 feet long.

Burning thought
and its puny, since its weight for whatever reason cannot snap a tall tree? lawlz.....not to mention its pierced by a tree as well, it must have paper scales or something.

Dark-Jaxx
Failure.

With proper force, even weak blunt objects can pierce strong materials, a great example being when John Hancock from the movie Hancock threw a CANDYBAR at a thug, it sent him through the wall.

It is 60 feet long, and it was impaled straight through the tree which stuck straight up, and most of its body is on the ground, so not all of its weight is on the tree.

Burning thought
great so the movie hancock has all the proof we need for real physicics and realism.....

All of its weight would have been on the tree if someone had just smashed it on there, regardless of its tail, its main head which is by far the heaviest part (and logically best armoured) doesnt even break the wood, and nonsense on weaker materials breaking stronger since surely that snake if it has strong/resistant skin would break wood.....

Dark-Jaxx
great so the movie hancock has all the proof we need for real physicics and realism.....

All of its weight would have been on the tree if someone had just smashed it on there, regardless of its tail, its main head which is by far the heaviest part (and logically best armoured) doesnt even break the wood, and nonsense on weaker materials breaking stronger since surely that snake if it has strong/resistant skin would break wood..... Of course it is. Will Smith starred in it.

...You know, truthfully, rethinking what happened, there is no logical way the snake could have been impaled unless it was weak in durability.

Burning thought
too right, by the power of greyskull as well may I add.....

Terryc250
... a toothpick can pierce through skin if it is stabbed properly

feats, we dont have a feat close to him using a strength level to carry that serpent or anything of the sort, thus we cannot assume he has the strength...

the logic your usng is like me saying "Kain could have picked up the continent sized EG and tossed it across teh galaxy!" we just dont know the limits to Kains strength so we cant assume he couldnt.
The difference is, kain has zero strength feats to even remotely suggest he can do anything of that sort.

Sephiroth does have strength feats, and all of his strength feats he does EFFORTLESSLY, like cutting through concrete/steel easier then a hot knife through butter, he even lifts up Cloud+his sword at the TIP of his masamune played by his wrist alone, going by real physics the fact that its at the tip of his 6 foot blade the weight multiplies a lot, and he lifts it with just his wrist (with zero effort)
at 00:45
QUzHnaZHeCc

Burning thought
Kain slicing into the rock is a strength feat just as much Sephiroth cutting concrete. None of this shows any feat that compares sephiroth with lifting up that snake unless its thin paper skin and weak body makes it a lightweight thing.

Becci
Cutting rock/steel is not much of a strength feat anyway shrug

Burning thought
well its actualy more dependan on the weapon in hand.

Becci
Weapon and technique of slashing smile

Terryc250
You can have the worlds greatest technique, but if you don't have strength you won't be cutting even a tree, thats why theres no human on earth that can one-cut a thick tree because no human has that amount of strength.

But anyway the creators even state Sephiroth stronger then Chaos and Omega.

Becci
You can have the worlds greatest technique, but if you don't have strength you won't be cutting even a tree, thats why theres no human on earth that can one-cut a thick tree because no human has that amount of strength.

But anyway the creators even state Sephiroth stronger then Chaos and Omega.

There are people that crack a vast number of bricks with one punch. It is all about technique. As is it when you wield a sword. It has little to do with your physical strength.

Dark-Jaxx

But anyway the creators even state Sephiroth stronger then Chaos and Omega. Well in all fairness he also possesses the most powerful weapon in FFVII...That counts for sumthin.

2. ...Are you actually suggesting that Sephiroth is physically stronger than Omega, who is taller than a city and about a mile wide? no expression

MadMel
that maybe true, but we cannot be certain whether the creator was taking about physicality or raw magical power erm

Dark-Jaxx
He was speaking overall.

If he was physically stronger than Omega, Cloud wouldn't be capable of pushing him back at all.

The fact that Omega can even support its own body weight proves he is stronger.

More powerful overall? Sure.

Physically stronger than a mile wide, 5 mile tall giant? Nah.

MadMel
buT teh hULk c0uld d0 !t & SePh >>> HulK!!!!!@11211 stick out tongue

seriously, i dont know why im here..everytime i try to debate things go horribly wrong

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by MadMel

seriously, i dont know why im here..everytime i try to debate things go horribly wrong Neg. Hulk strongest there is.

And did someone actually say that? no expression

Lol, I rarely see you debate at all. stick out tongue

Wei Phoenix
Hulk not bag of hammers!

Terryc250
There are people that crack a vast number of bricks with one punch. It is all about technique. As is it when you wield a sword. It has little to do with your physical strength.

But strength IS required still, especially doing inhuman things like what Sephiroth is doing, even martial artists that are about 70 years old cannot crack many bricks because they lack the strength, even if their technique is honed perfect, i know this because my dads friend teaches, and i've seen pictures of him when he was younger cracking multiple concrete things, but he cannot do it anymore because he is quite old now, his technique is still there but his body cannot exert the strength anymore.

Dark-Jaxx
Terry is right, try as you might, you'll probably never find a person who can cut a tree in half, let alone large columns of steel.

Becci

seriously, i dont know why im here..everytime i try to debate things go horribly wrong

Because you love us and we love you? big grin

MadMel
my love goes to one person, and you arent her erm

Burning thought
Am I?

MadMel
are you a chick?

Becci
Terry is right, try as you might, you'll probably never find a person who can cut a tree in half, let alone large columns of steel.

Might be so, but it is still not just a matter of brawn. Besides, as far as I know, Sephiroth's blade is not the common blank sword.

Terryc250
His sword is just somethin he made out of his negative lifestream, I wouldn't really say its sharper then Clouds sword

Becci
His sword is just somethin he made out of his negative lifestream, I wouldn't really say its sharper then Clouds sword

What are you basing this on?

Terryc250
My eyes, you literally see him making it out of the negative lifestream, and his sword isn't cutting through Clouds sword or showing any superiority over his sword or anything of that sort, he beats Cloud (before PISslash of course) with just his skill/power alone, and not his "special" sword.

Becci
So his sword is a common sword with enhanced durability?

Terryc250
I don't know.. but i'm pretty sure he doesn't have a magical uber sharp sword, he's probably like Cloud and uses his strength as well

Dark-Jaxx
my love goes to one person, and you arent her erm That was cold, dick. no expression

Sephiroth literally wields the most powerful weapon in the FFVIIverse, the Masamune.

Cloud's sword is no "normal" sword either.

NonSensi-Klown
my love goes to one person, and you arent her erm

Damn. Shut down.

Terryc250
Well its no magically sharp sword or else he wouldn't have been able to stand on the edge of it without it cutting through the building

Dark-Jaxx
Well he also stuck it pretty deep in(that's what she said) and Cloud is not heavy.

Becci
Well he also stuck it pretty deep in(that's what she said) and Cloud is not heavy.

Reminds me of a discreetly put 'giggidy' by Quagmire in a Family Guy episode where he was talking to the passagers of his plane.

leonheartmm
actually, the masamune always has been kinda magical, also, it would be up to the WIELDER to use that magic, to harm or not, or just cut or create those energy/dimension blasts that he creates from his cuts.

Dark-Jaxx
Reminds me of a discreetly put 'giggidy' by Quagmire in a Family Guy episode where he was talking to the passagers of his plane. Yes, I remember that scene. mmm

SHM
This thread is funny.
The OP said that we cannot use Sephiroth fused with Jenova, but everyone is talking about the scene with the Zolom, where Sephiroth WAS fused with Jenova.
He was using Jenova's body to kill the Zolom, exactly like he was using her body/head to fight Cloud in AC.
The only difference between the Sephiroth that killed the Zolom and the one in AC, is that one of them was empowered by the Negative Lifestream, and the other wasn't.

Not to mention that, by the end of FFVII, we can say that the real Sephiroth(at the Crater) was "fused" with Jenova:

Information about FFVII Sephiroth, from the Compilation Ultimania - "He synthesized with Jenova's cells to complete his revival"

MadMel
and terry didn't notice this epic flaw how, exactly? stick out tongue

Terryc250
People were talking about it so i merely just posted the picture, i never claimed it was Sephiroth before the nibelheim crisis

DarkC
As much as I love the WC orcs more than any other fictional race anywhere, they'd get their faces pwned by Seph.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.