Have you stopped buying dvds?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
With Blu Ray out and prices comming down how many of you have stopped buying dvd's??

I have ! am saving up for Blu ray disks

Kazenji
I have'nt

not like "everyone" has a blu-ray player and besides i'm not that worried about how good the movie quality is as long as i can watch it thats the main thing and i'm not re-buying every single movie i own.

MildPossession
No I haven't!! and will not stop buying dvds.

Kazenji, you are not missing out on enjoying the film just because you watch dvds over blu ray. If you have a decent television and dvd player, it's not much of a difference to warrant a straight away buy for blu ray imo.

You can even upscale your dvd player with HDMI cables and get it as close to blu ray quality for cheaper smile

Impediment
Nope. I still buy regular DVD.

moviebuff1084
I will never stop buying DVD's because Blu Ray is just a fad and will be gone soon, DVD is not going anywhere.

ragesRemorse
I think Blu Ray is an incredible technology but it will never be utilized to it's full capability at a reasonable price. A Blue Ray disc CAN hold nearly double that of a DVD disc but when you can achieve, nearly, Blue Ray quality without owning a Blue Ray player. The only other factor that becomes important is content. The content aspect is where the Blue Ray conquers DvD but with more content comes a higher price tag. So, i don't buy Blue Ray because i see no need. I'm not going to pay an extra $15-$20 for a an extra interview or short documentary but i could be convinced to switch over to Blue Ray if there is enough additional content. An Example; The Blue RAy edition of Close Encounters of the third kind offers the original theatrical cut and an updated cut on one disc. That is something i'm very interested in and i could see a $30 price tag on that product being justified. Even then, however, this is nothing new. We have seen movie's come out on Dvd that offer two separate version of the movie. They are usually split up on two discs though.

BruceSkywalker
I will never stop buying dvds..

Blu-Ray right now is the "in" thing, but someone will create something better soon and bye bye Blu-Ray, all the while dvds will still be here

Wolfie
Originally posted by coolmovies
With Blu Ray out and prices comming down
I haven't seen this. I saved $8 on Iron Man by buying the 2-disc DVD rather than the Blu-Ray.

WrathfulDwarf
Nope.

But I did cutback on my dvd purchases. I buy one or two every 2-3 months. No blu-ray for me. It will take years before I consider buying one.

Skydude033
Originally posted by Kazenji
I have'nt

not like "everyone" has a blu-ray player and besides i'm not that worried about how good the movie quality is as long as i can watch it thats the main thing and i'm not re-buying every single movie i own.

Amen, brother. My thought are that as long as you can tell what the image is, why spend more to have it sharpened a little?

In case, you didn't notice, I'm one of those guys that still prefers my Nintendo 64 to the Xbox 360 wink

coolmovies
The HD image looks life like where as dvd is just a clear picture with good sound

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.