Alexander Luthor Vs Dr. Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cloud102
Who wins?

Bentley
In a straight battle? Alex has reality warping powers, right?

Mindset
Alexander has reality warping powers?

If he does he should have used them against Joker.

Avlon
Unfortunately, they were unreliable.

cloud102
He has anti-matter energy at his disposal. I don't know about reality warping powers.

Prep and straight up.

Avlon
Prepwise, Alex is king. Bringing back the multiverse the way he did was one of the most impressive feats in comicdom.

Shame that his unreliable powers were a cause for his death.

That said, while Alex is probably far smarter than Doom, Doom does have YEARS of experience over Alex.

I'll give Doom a slight majority on this one.

Mindset
I'll give Doom 9.9/10

cloud102
Originally posted by Avlon
Prepwise, Alex is king. Bringing back the multiverse the way he did was one of the most impressive feats in comicdom.

Shame that his unreliable powers were a cause for his death.

That said, while Alex is probably far smarter than Doom, Doom does have YEARS of experience over Alex.

I'll give Doom a slight majority on this one.

Yeah, I'd give it to Alex prep wise. That has to be one of the more impressive feats in terms of intelligence. Doom has nothing on that.

iceman24567
Doom has been messing things up for heroes way longer but Alex is more intelligent and he is slighty a better manipulator I give Doom the nod.

cloud102
Lex Luthor has been doing it for more years than Alex and Alex laughed in his face saying something like, "My brain is much more evolved and higher brain waves at his disposal."

cloud102
Here is part of Luthor's encounter:

http://jigsawmen.googlepages.com/IC3luthorrevealed.JPG/IC3luthorrevealed-full.jpg

http://jigsawmen.googlepages.com/infinitecrisis03

darthgoober

guy222
doom

Mindset
Originally posted by cloud102
Lex Luthor has been doing it for more years than Alex and Alex laughed in his face saying something like, "My brain is much more evolved and higher brain waves at his disposal." Doom > Lex

cloud102
True, but Alexander > Doom.

Harbinger
Doom takes the young kid to school.

fangirl101

Juntai
Originally posted by Mindset
Alexander has reality warping powers?

If he does he should have used them against Joker. He used them up temporarily bringing back the multiverse.

occultdestroyer
In the default KMC scenario,
Alex Luthor wins 9.5/10

quanchi112
Doom beats him with prep or without prep all day. Luthor died very quickly after his 15 minutes of fame.

Bentley
Originally posted by fangirl101
That's Like saying the Pre-Retconned beyonder is a one hit wonder And Eternity has been on top of the charts for 30 years. Some times a one hit makes a bigger impression and more sales than someone who's been around for a long time.

You think that Alexander Luthor has sold more issues than Doctor Doom?

zomfg

Mindset
True, but Alexander > Doom. nope

cloud102
That's Like saying the Pre-Retconned beyonder is a one hit wonder And Eternity has been on top of the charts for 30 years. Some times a one hit makes a bigger impression and more sales than someone who's been around for a long time.

True dat and Luthor isn't exactly new. He's been around PC. Alex > Doom.

quanchi112
True dat and Luthor isn't exactly new. He's been around PC. Alex > Doom. Huh? Alexander basically accomplished what he did by being isolated and characters not knowing about his continued existence and through Prime's help.

He got waxed in no time after he lost all of these advantages.

Doom>>Luthor. There isnt one-sided prep here.

cloud102
We've seen him encounter other beings before and taking them out with no problem. Alex ftw.

quanchi112
We've seen him encounter other beings before and taking them out with no problem. Alex ftw. Which beings?

cloud102
PC verse. He has taken down bricks like it was nothing. Of course he had his suite, but if he does, he could take Doom via matter manipulation or Anti-matter energy which could warp Doom's armor.

Even with prep, I see Luthor taking it. Much smarter. He basically laughed in regular Luthor's face. I know Doom is his superior, but it's not like it's by leaps and bounds.

darthgoober
Pre-recton Beyonder had numerous feats to his credit over two different story arcs to establish his power, thus he's not a one hit wonder. Alex did one thing that was really noteworthy through prep that took him a long time, was dependant on SBP, and it wasn't anything that would actually give him a win over Doom in prepped combat. Who cares if he recreates a multiverse through advanced scheming, it's not as if being in a new multiverse would give him the win in combat against whatever device Doom cooked up to attack him with directly.

quanchi112
PC verse. He has taken down bricks like it was nothing. Of course he had his suite, but if he does, he could take Doom via matter manipulation or Anti-matter energy which could warp Doom's armor.

Even with prep, I see Luthor taking it. Much smarter. He basically laughed in regular Luthor's face. I know Doom is his superior, but it's not like it's by leaps and bounds. Huh? Which bricks?

He laughed in regular Luthor's face because he had onesided prep. reg Luthor had him killed easily once he had time to figure things out. Luthor is vastly overrated and only accomplished this through Prime's help and onesided prep. Once they found out who he was he was picked off in the streets...easily.

cloud102
It's not overrated. He orchestrated the whole thing, Prime just helped him to the physical stuff. I don't see anything in Doom's armor that would take out Alexander.

Bentley
As far as I know villains always have one-sided prep, unless they announce their plans in advance like Kang, they try to use the surprise effect to their advantage.

quanchi112
It's not overrated. He orchestrated the whole thing, Prime just helped him to the physical stuff. I don't see anything in Doom's armor that would take out Alexander. Yes,it is. He had lots of help from Prime. Without him he died. Regular Luthor had him taken out. Originally posted by Bentley
As far as I know villains always have one-sided prep, unless they announce their plans in advance like Kang, they try to use the surprise effect to their advantage. The point is once Luthor found out who alex was he died very quickly. He didnt last long at all.

cloud102
He wasn't exactly keeping his mind on Luthor. He's very arrogant. Just like Doom. What can Doom do to Luthor's armor? Seeing as Harbinger couldn't do squat.

darthgoober
He wasn't exactly keeping his mind on Luthor. He's very arrogant. Just like Doom. What can Doom do to Luthor's armor? Seeing as Harbinger couldn't do squat.
Absorb all the power from the armor and from Alex himself...

quanchi112
He wasn't exactly keeping his mind on Luthor. He's very arrogant. Just like Doom. What can Doom do to Luthor's armor? Seeing as Harbinger couldn't do squat. Are you serious? You really think Doom cant defeat Luthor in his armor when he has stolen Galactus' power and temporarily defeated the Beyonder. Really?

cloud102
Alex has greater tech and I don't see Doom absorbing all the Anti-matter in the suit. He can draw on limitless power from it. Didn't Doom job in the latest Avengers series? Not a good feat from someone who can just absorb power.

Alex has shown the similar power as well. Absorbing all types of multiversal energy.

cloud102
Originally posted by quanchi112
Are you serious? You really think Doom cant defeat Luthor in his armor when he has stolen Galactus' power and temporarily defeated the Beyonder. Really?

I think he could, but Alex would surely adapt better. Smarter, IMO.

quanchi112
I think he could, but Alex would surely adapt better. Smarter, IMO. Alex got killed on the streets. Doom has a whole country backing him and Doombots. Doom has survived how many years with the ff4 and the rest of the marvel u aware of his exploits. Luthor died instantly after his plans went to shit and the real Luthor figured him out.

If Luthor was smarter he wouldnt be dead. laughing out loud

Bentley
Yes,it is. He had lots of help from Prime. Without him he died. Regular Luthor had him taken out. The point is once Luthor found out who alex was he died very quickly. He didnt last long at all.

Because Luthor had one-sided prep in that confrontation... And Alex was powerless.

cloud102
Doom has his share of lost as well. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Because Luthor had one-sided prep in that confrontation... And Alex was powerless. Because Alex was exposed. Lex had him killed in no time. He was walking around the streets clueless.Originally posted by cloud102
Doom has his share of lost as well. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Doom was never killed and has him in feats. Has him in resources,etc. he is also still alive.

cloud102
So? That doesn't mean anything. We're using Alex alive and in full powered mode. Both have time for prep. I see Luthor as the superior.

darthgoober
Alex has greater tech and I don't see Doom absorbing all the Anti-matter in the suit. He can draw on limitless power from it. Didn't Doom job in the latest Avengers series? Not a good feat from someone who can just absorb power.

Alex has shown the similar power as well. Absorbing all types of multiversal energy.
You don't want to compare low showings between Alex and Doom. For that matter you really don't want to compare high showings either.

And just absorbing energy isn't enough. Doom's stolen the personal power of Surfer, Aaron the Watcher, Galactus, the Beyonder and I don't even know who all else. Thus, we KNOW Doom has both the capacity and inclination to do it in prepped combat while we know no such thing about Alex. He's also showed the ability and inclination to create an army of Doombots to do his fighting for him and create other uber offensive devices to aid him in battle.

That's Alex's problem in this battle, we don't know what he's capable of in the way of direct offensive prep while Doom's accomplishments in that department are the stuff of legend. Alex MIGHT be great at it, Doom IS great at it. It's pretty much the same reason I give Surfer the win over the Fallen One even though the Fallen One gave Thanos a better fight than Surfer ever did(when they were at full power anyway).

quanchi112
So? That doesn't mean anything. We're using Alex alive and in full powered mode. Both have time for prep. I see Luthor as the superior. Based on what? He doesnt have prime or anyone else outside his own resources. So what did he accomplish on his own?

cloud102
Originally posted by darthgoober
You don't want to compare low showings between Alex and Doom. For that matter you really don't want to compare high showings either.

And just absorbing energy isn't enough. Doom's stolen the personal power of Surfer, Aaron the Watcher, Galactus, the Beyonder and I don't even know who all else. Thus, we KNOW Doom has both the capacity and inclination to do it in prepped combat while we know no such thing about Alex. He's also showed the ability and inclination to create an army of Doombots to do his fighting for him and create other uber offensive devices to aid him in battle.

That's Alex's problem in this battle, we don't know what he's capable of in the way of direct offensive prep while Doom's accomplishments in that department are the stuff of legend. Alex MIGHT be great at it, Doom IS great at it. It's pretty much the same reason I give Surfer the win over the Fallen One even though the Fallen One gave Thanos a better fight than Surfer ever did(when they were at full power anyway).

Yet, we do know he has the tech to back him up the unlimited source of energy at his disposal and the intelligence to put Doom to shame. I don't even see Doom punking Lex like Alex did. Plus surviving Harbinger's assault that was near universal in power.

Doom doesn't have anything like that, unless he gets one-sided prep.

BradBalboa
Alex wins in my eyes, he manipulated DC earths heroes with ease, plus has mor epowerful allies...

quanchi112
Yet, we do know he has the tech to back him up the unlimited source of energy at his disposal and the intelligence to put Doom to shame. I don't even see Doom punking Lex like Alex did. Plus surviving Harbinger's assault that was near universal in power.

Doom doesn't have anything like that, unless he gets one-sided prep. Doom could punk Alex with onesided prep. Doom wouldnt let Lex get away like Alex did. Doom has this one-trick pony beat every which way. Its a stomp.

cloud102
Agree to disagree then. sad

quanchi112
Agree to disagree then. sad Fine.

cloud102
See ya on Herochat, bud.

darthgoober

Doom doesn't have anything like that, unless he gets one-sided prep.
What tech? What uber offensive uses has his tech been shown to have in head to head completion? Give me an example(supported on panel) of something Luthor might set up to use against Doom.

quanchi112
See ya on Herochat, bud. Whats your name on herochat?

tsscls
I read and own IC, so I don't need scans.
I say Doom takes this 8/10.
The 20% is due to Alex's sexy perm.

Red Hulk
Doom was never killed HOTU? Like what, twice?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Red Hulk
HOTU? Like what, twice? Thats like saying Mentor died in ig. Sure they both died momentarily but its like it never happened. Doom was going up against someone with immense power while Luhtor got killed by the Joker in a backalley. Luthor stayed dead by the way,sport.

Red Hulk
Thats like saying Mentor died in ig. Sure they both died momentarily but its like it never happened. Doom was going up against someone with immense power while Luhtor got killed by the Joker in a backalley. Luthor stayed dead by the way,sport. That wasn't what you said though.

By the way, did you try and bring up Doom being alive meaning anything?

quanchi112
That wasn't what you said though.

By the way, did you try and bring up Doom being alive meaning anything? Yes,it means he can survive on his own when everyone knows he is a prick. Alexander Luthor got killed in no time after his scheme went up in flames. Thats the point kid. Doom has him in feats,power,and the fact he is still alive.

Red Hulk
Yes,it means he can survive on his own when everyone knows he is a prick. Alexander Luthor got killed in no time after his scheme went up in flames. Thats the point kid. Doom has him in feats,power,and the fact he is still alive. So what does that make Thanos?

The fact that he's still alive means something in a comic book forum nowadays? Shit...

quanchi112
So what does that make Thanos?

The fact that he's still alive means something in a comic book forum nowadays? Shit... Listen up.

The fact Luthor was in two stories and after he turned villain and his allies left his side he didnt last 20 friggin minutes. Doom has him in feats as well. Luthor accomplished his great deeds thanks to Prime and the fact no one know he existed and turned villain.

Doom wins.

Red Hulk
Listen up.

The fact Luthor was in two stories and after he turned villain and his allies left his side he didnt last 20 friggin minutes. Doom has him in feats as well. Luthor accomplished his great deeds thanks to Prime and the fact no one know he existed and turned villain.

Doom wins. That has nothing to do with him being dead though... no expression

That has to do with Alexander being a pussy. Being dead means nothing (at all), being a pussy means lots though.

quanchi112
That has nothing to do with him being dead though... no expression

That has to do with Alexander being a pussy. Being dead means nothing (at all), being a pussy means lots though. Getting killed in ten minutes after infinite crisis was over was hilarious. At least you agree that Doom wins this....easily.

Red Hulk
Getting killed in ten minutes after infinite crisis was over was hilarious. At least you agree that Doom wins this....easily. Hilarious yes, but dieing in comics means nothing... it's the way you die, it's the way you lose.

Plus, Batman already had his way with Alex... which explains everything.

I never agreed to anything. However, I personally think Doom wins 10/10.

quanchi112
Hilarious yes, but dieing in comics means nothing... it's the way you die, it's the way you lose.

Plus, Batman already had his way with Alex... which explains everything.

I never agreed to anything. However, I personally think Doom wins 10/10. You mean dying.

The point is Alexander Luthor was a one-hit wonder who got mugged in the streets. Without Prime he proved to be quit susceptible.

If he had more feats Id be more inclined to give him more credit.

I knew you had to agree with me as Im right.

Red Hulk
You mean dying. There's no way you're over 30. no expression

The point is Alexander Luthor was a one-hit wonder who got mugged in the streets. Without Prime he proved to be quit susceptible.

If he had more feats Id be more inclined to give him more credit. Ya, he's a pussy.

Howeevr dieing duzn't meen anyting.

I knew you had to agree with me as Im right. "My name's Quan, I'm eleventeen in three tomorrows."

quanchi112
There's no way you're over 30. no expression

Ya, he's a pussy.

Howeevr dieing duzn't meen anyting.

"My name's Quan, I'm eleventeen in three tomorrows." Your right,Im 29. no expression

I never said he was a pussy but he clearly showed he couldnt survive once Luthor and the people he messed with found out who he was.

Oh bran.

Red Hulk
Your right,Im 29. no expression

I never said he was a pussy but he clearly showed he couldnt survive once Luthor and the people he messed with found out who he was.

Oh bran. Sorry. There's no way you're over 12.

I said he was a pussy though, so that's MO.
Plus, did you seriously make three grammar mistakes, and a typo after trying to correct my typo?

Yes me.

quanchi112
Sorry. There's no way you're over 12.

I said he was a pussy though, so that's MO.
Plus, did you seriously make three grammar mistakes, and a typo after trying to correct my typo?

Yes me. Misspelling dying is unforgivable. My grammatical errors are forgivable. Yo are still in english class as well. Im keeping you sharp for the spelling bee.

Your joke failed and continues to fail.

See you tonight.

Bentley
Maybe you should give us a list of the unforgivable grammatical errors, just to be sure. (Like, cruciatus, imperius etc.)

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Maybe you should give us a list of the unforgivable grammatical errors, just to be sure. (Like, cruciatus, imperius etc.) Nah.

Bentley
Please? sad

Superherovandal
Alex had better tech and is prolly smarter. What has Doom done that is better than recreating the entire freaking Multiverse? Plus he manipulated Rann-Thanagar, all of Earth super-villains, and etc. Sure he died in the end after he'd lost all his powers, and was all alone with no tech of any kind and got jumped by Luthor and Joker. Not something to really be ashamed of.

Bardock42
Misspelling dying is unforgivable. My grammatical errors are forgivable. Yo are still in english class as well. Im keeping you sharp for the spelling bee.

Your joke failed and continues to fail.

See you tonight. Misspelling dying, is hardly worse than continuously mistaking "your" for "you're". That's just an idiot's mistake, dude.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Alex had better tech and is prolly smarter. What has Doom done that is better than recreating the entire freaking Multiverse? Plus he manipulated Rann-Thanagar, all of Earth super-villains, and etc. Sure he died in the end after he'd lost all his powers, and was all alone with no tech of any kind and got jumped by Luthor and Joker. Not something to really be ashamed of. He had help for these feats. Without Prime he wouldnt have accomplished jack. Doom his him on feats,tech,etc.Originally posted by Bardock42
Misspelling dying, is hardly worse than continuously mistaking "your" for "you're". That's just an idiot's mistake, dude. LOL. I rarely type in an apostrophe dude.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.