What is the best movie ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

classic
I would be delighted to hear your answers

Mairuzu
I know who killed me with Lindsay Lohan

Rogue Jedi
Pumping Irene.

jaden101
Battlefield Gigli

Rogue Jedi
Tank Girl.

MildPossession
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls

Toku King
Isn't the answer obvious?

http://foros.gxzone.com/attachments/27156d1182601706-transho5.jpg

MildPossession
Now that's how Michael's Bays shitty version should have been like!

kodak
The Thing.

Röland
Debbie Does Dallas

Combat_Guru
Platoon was the greatest movie of all time.

The best movie about the greatest story ever told was Passion Of The Christ.

Christ indured not only a standard crucifiction in that movie, but accidently being scourged nearly to death, and in the process, he some how resisted the temptation to sin.

ragesRemorse
you got served or torque

jaden101
hungry bitches

Rogue Jedi

kodak
Apocalypse Now is really good

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
you got served or torque

Mmm, good choices.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Toku King
Isn't the answer obvious?

http://foros.gxzone.com/attachments/27156d1182601706-transho5.jpg sick I was hoping that was a photoshopped poster. Ill pretend I read it was the real thing. sick

kunglu
The Good,The Bad and The Ugly, Faster Pussy Cat Kill Kill! Or Uncle Buck!
(OK,OK Edward Penis Hands)

BackFire
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Followed closely by Paths of Glory

=Tired Hiker=
The Big Lebowski

celestialdemon
Barb Wire

McLovin
Anchorman.

Toku King
Originally posted by Combat_Guru
The best movie about the greatest story ever told was Passion Of The Christ.

No it isn't.
http://talesofanintrovert.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/jcvh_lg.jpg

But even when you're serious, "Last Temptation Of Christ" was much, much better than "Passion".

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
sick I was hoping that was a photoshopped poster. Ill pretend I read it was the real thing. sick if you think thats bad... get a load of this

Mark Question
"Groundhog day." Yes, i'm serious.

lockerom
Anything from the guys at "The Asylum" studios.

Toku King
Originally posted by lockerom
Anything from the guys at "The Asylum" studios.

Those guys deserve Oscars for their achievements.
http://i31.tinypic.com/2zoist2.jpg

FishDontFly
Ha, The Big Lebowski was good.

Something by the Coen Brothers, or perhaps Kubrick. Hell, Taxi Driver, Blue Velvet, there are too many to decide.

H. S. 6
Boondock Saints.

MovieRose0101
The Nightmare Before Christmas
S.L.C. PUNK!
Scream
The Labrynth
Idiocracy
The Mask
Fight Club
Signs
War of the Worlds
and (in purely my own opinion) Battle Royal
Grind
The Good Son
The Manchurian Candidate
Oceans 11
several of Kevin Costner's films (The Post Man, Waterworld, The Guardian)
Spanish Judges (haven't seen the whole thing, so that is in question)
Scooby Doo, both the first and second
The Secret Garden
Pirates of the Carribean
Finding Nemo (lol cutest movie ever)
Final Fantasy (can't remember which one, the one where these things are eating people's souls sick )
there's one I think is called Devil's Lake or something
and then there was another but I can't think of what it was. . . . . . . .

Mr Parker
from some of these posts I cant believe that posters are being serious,but oh well,whatever floats your boat if everybody here is.

well I AM for sure and that would be a tie between STAR WARS A New Hope and EMPIRE STRIKES BACK.surprising to see nobody else has mentioned either. eek!

Toku King
Originally posted by Mr Parker
from some of these posts I cant believe that posters are being serious,but oh well,whatever floats your boat if everybody here is.

What are you? Nuts? Of course I'm serious!

stick out tongue

Combat_Guru
#5: The Empire Strikes Back

#4: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

#3: The Exorcist

#2: There Will Be Blood

#1: Platoon

Plutonic_Hat90
I'm not really into all of these Academy Award winning movies like There will be Blood or whatever, so as stupid as it sounds my best movie of all time... or my most enjoyable movie of all time probably goes to Pirates of the Caribbean or Raiders of the Lost Ark

Ayusha
Titanic is best film .

cruel jedi
5.Tales from earthsea
4.Revenge of the sith
3.LOTR: Return of the king
2.TCON: prince caspian
1.Princess Mononoke

Mindship
2001: a space odyssey
The Matrix
Goodfellas
Fantasia

Nihilist
LA confidential

Rapscallion
Schindler's List
Lawrence of Arabia
Apocalypse Now
The Seventh Seal
LOTR
night and fog
Children of Men

just miss the cut...

taxi driver, star wars, one flew over the cukoo's nest, dr. strangelove, saving private ryan, to kill a mockingbird, casablanca, raging bull

really, just schindler's list, but i felt obligated to mention others. there are just so many great movies

chillmeistergen
American Beauty
Goodfellas
The Big Lebowski
City of God
The Motorcycle Diaries
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Quiero Mota
Goodfellas or American Me.

Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove.

Röland
I think I said Debbie Does Dallas earlier just being stupid but I would have to say The Godfather Part II is the best movie of all time.

Dark-Jaxx
Every single Star Wars and Lord of the Rings movie.

Prime#
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest is an AWESOME movie

Placidity
The Blair Witch Project

Inmate101
The Pokemon movie.

vintageSW77
A Clockwork Orange

nuff said

Inmate101
Thats crap!

Anything with Bruce Willis in it! w00t

Placidity
Gigli

Placidity
Spiceworld is definately among the top aswell.

Toku King
You guys are missing the greatest film of all: "Frankenfish"!

jalek moye
Fighter in the Wind

best movie ever

Vic Vega
Roland than you, at least one person mentions that movie, LOL. I like Part 1 more though

jalek moye
who are you speaking to

Myth
Originally posted by Mairuzu
if you think thats bad... get a load of this

I rented that. The aliens had spider legs! Needless to say, I didn't get far into the movie before stopping it.

BackFire
More people really need to see Paths of Glory. It often gets forgotten among the other Kubrick films, but it's amazing. If more people saw it I sincerely think it would get recognized on more lists like this. It's just astounding. Kubrick's best work, in all honesty, I think.

Strangelove
Being a fledgling Kubrick-ite, I'll certainly look for that.

Plutonic_Hat90
I'm gonna go with...

The Dark Knight. In advance

Rapscallion
Originally posted by BackFire
More people really need to see Paths of Glory. It often gets forgotten among the other Kubrick films, but it's amazing. If more people saw it I sincerely think it would get recognized on more lists like this. It's just astounding. Kubrick's best work, in all honesty, I think.

Paths of Glory is one of the most under-rated movies. it's my favorite kubrick film after Strangelove. Don't know if it's "best ever" material but it's definitely up there. fantastic film.

DrewFelton
mannequin

vluxury
Midnight Cowboy, Easy Rider

agphoenix
The Godfather

agphoenix

deathbycorn
Big Trouble in Little China

moviebuff1084
STAR WARS

Darth Martin
I like The Godfather, The Dark Knight, Malcolm X, and Scarface.

Master Crimzon
Toughie. I can't really name my favorite movie of all time, I can name some of my favorites:

-The Dark Knight
-Star Wars Episodes III & V
-The Truman Show (go watch it. The best Jim Carrey movie, by faaaaar. Though, when he makes movies like Ace Ventura, that doesn't say much... but go watch it, anyway.)
-The Departed

I really can't think of any other movies at the moment, but there are probably more movies I really, really love.

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
sick I was hoping that was a photoshopped poster. Ill pretend I read it was the real thing. sick There was an article in Empire about that. There's a whole company devoted to making shamelessly cheap imitations of blockbuster films.
And I vote The Dark Knight. no expression

Almighty Bauer
In all seriousness, however. The Shawshank Redemption.

agphoenix
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
In all seriousness, however. The Shawshank Redemption.
nice thumbup1

And Master Crimzon...about Jim Carrey and his movies... go watch 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'. You might raise some questions about your own opinion.

coolmovies
BEVERLY HILLS COP !!!!!!!!! EDDIE MURPHY RULES

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by agphoenix
nice thumbup1

And Master Crimzon...about Jim Carrey and his movies... go watch 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'. You might raise some questions about your own opinion.

Go watch the Truman Show. xD

I'll do that, though.

agphoenix
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Go watch the Truman Show. xD

I'll do that, though.
I've watched it. Excellent movie.

Master Crimzon
Brilliant. Possibly the greatest dramedy (comedy-drama) of all time.

joexx000
Fight Club, Man on Fire

jaden101
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
There was an article in Empire about that. There's a whole company devoted to making shamelessly cheap imitations of blockbuster films.
And I vote The Dark Knight. no expression

they have a thing for doing that in turkey

for example...check out the turkish rambo

ljlBU6baLiQ

or superman

p9oI7Fd3Uec&feature=related

ragesRemorse
Monkey Bone...,Monkey Bone is the greatest movie ever.

SpaceMonkey
Top 2 in no order:

-Empire Strikes Back
-Fight Club

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
-The Truman Show (go watch it. The best Jim Carrey movie, by faaaaar. Though, when he makes movies like Ace Ventura, that doesn't say much... but go watch it, anyway.)

I liked The Truman Show a lot, but Eternal Sunshine takes the cake for me as my favorite Jim Carrey film.

chillmeistergen
I really liked both The Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine... But neither of them would ever make it near my best movies of all time list.

AngryManatee
Robocop

papabeard
Predator smile

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I really liked both The Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine... But neither of them would ever make it near my best movies of all time list.

Shame on you. no expression

BOPRecruit 16
"L.A. Confidential" (1997)

this one is currently my favorite and tops the list of the ones i think are the best. it has a great plot, cast, characters, sets, and director. lots of great twists to the plot. the director and his crew did a great job with the sets for that time period. also, i think editing was good. scenes didn't drag. dialogue and characters were always fascinating to watch and evolve. out of the neo-noirs i like, this one is the best. next would be "seven" or "zodiac" i think... well, i'm really into noirs/crime dramas and that time period, 1930's-1950's detective stories. hope to find more great ones like "l.a. confidential"! oh yeah, i've been reading the book by james ellroy. good so far. anyways...

gryphon28
Green Mile

Steebo
What is the best Movie ever?

jaden101
wow...i wonder if anyone else has ever thought of this thread..

Myth
I believe the answer you are looking for is Norbit.

Impediment
Merged. Please use the search function when making new threads, steebo.

Darth Martin
The Dark Knight(2008) or The Godfather(1972)

NonSensi-Klown
Ugh...

AngryManatee
Howard the Duck

Bicnarok

Davehead
According to a top 100 list I saw on TV, it was Citizen Kane, but The Godfather was ranked #2. Personally, I didn't care much for Citizen Kane.

Hunkajunk
That's a tough question to answer because there are a bunch of great movies.

Scarface

siriuswriter
Amadeus.

Although I have the director's cut and it's about four and half hours long, if you've got the stamina for a movie with a bit of opera and no action that's that long, then it just feels so satisfying at the end.

... and I just stepped right into a "that's what she said" joke.

Markus Corvinus
Can we really say there is a best movie ever? There are different genres with different feels and different styles & tones, so I think a best movie ever is impossible to name, at least that's my view.

Serge
These are the big 6:

The Prestige
Memento
Mulholland Dr.
Blade Runner
2001: A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange

Anishacole

the ninjak
Probably Pulp Fiction because it's the only film I have ever seen where after 3 hours I could've easily sat through another 3.

OnlyCoolMovies
Is impossible to say which of these is the absolute BEST.

The godfather
The Shawshank redemption
One flew over the cuckoos nest

Vinity
The Lord of The Rings, I absolutely love this movie, partly because the acting is really good, but also for the CGI effects and the good storyline.

marwash22
Terminator 2. It never get's old and graphics-wise, it stands up to pretty much any movie made today.

Jackvinsly
Titanic is my one of the favourite movie forever. I think mostly people also can like this movie. It was wonderful direction of this movie.

crumejack
Moulin Rouge!
I love everything about it! The dancing, the songs, the costumes...and the acting is amazing smile

Stall_19
Pulp Fiction, nuff said.

gygan
and i think i love space jam cos is from my fav nba player mj

Clone
Originally posted by crumejack
Moulin Rouge!
I love everything about it! The dancing, the songs, the costumes...and the acting is amazing smile i agree with you smile

smithdsouza
My best movie is Pirates of The Caribbean, I like the way jack sparrow acted in it.

Nephthys
Baby Geniuses. ****ing masterpiece!

Rogue Jedi
The Empire strikes Back.

siriuswriter
Amadeus was my favorite movie for a very long time - right up until I saw The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. So, yes. Now it's The Imaginarium.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
The Empire strikes Back. Bullshit.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Bullshit. **** you.

Impediment
The Empire strikes Back.

Rogue Jedi
haermm Mattie knows yes

juliustheimpale
my best movie of all time probably is still the lord of the rings trilogy.... i didnt like the return of the king too much though...

Darth Martin
**** you. http://images.stupidvideos.com/images/2/00/18/66/42/186642_m730.jpg

K.Diddy
erm I honestly see this as a pointless thread, I mean there really is no ''best movie ever''

Bouboumaster
1- Pulp Fiction
2- 12 angry men (1947 version)
3- Forest Gump
4- Unbreakble
5- Clerks

Franklin1
If you are any type of emotional human being it would have to be "The Elephant Man" a true story that takes place in London. It's a movie you really have to see and reflect on human interactions & relationships. An excellent movie for kids to see, insight into how they should not treat each other.

Alvakhio
Spartacus

Rogue Jedi
Jaws

Slay
Plan 9 From Outer Space

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
1- Pulp Fiction
2- 12 angry men (1947 version)
3- Forest Gump
4- Unbreakble
5- Clerks

They remade 12 Angry Men???!!?!"

EUGH. What is this world coming to?!

Robtard
Originally posted by siriuswriter
They remade 12 Angry Men???!!?!"

EUGH. What is this world coming to?!

Decent remake, Tony Danza was a bit annoying, but he played a self-centered dumb-ass, so it kind of fit.

MildPossession
Oo Slay chose a masterpiece!

alex28
i like the movie to watch vertical limit,

OTNEMEM
The Prestige

MildPossession
You're funny.

Shulk
Top 10 list would probably be as follows:

1. The Prestige
2. Memento
3. Mulholland Dr.
4. 2001: A Space Odyssey
5. A Clockwork Orange
6. Blade Runner
7. Inland Empire
8. Eraserhead
9. Pi
10. Lost Highway

RichardBrittain
Surprised Shawshank Redemption hasn't come up to much here, especially since this is an internet forum. http://thefreeimagehost.info/lib/images/usr20100

vahetp
The Thing...
This is one of those films that I tend to view over & over again more because of the warm childhood memories that it evokes, of seeing it when I was a kid.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by vahetp
The Thing...
This is one of those films that I tend to view over & over again more because of the warm childhood memories that it evokes, of seeing it when I was a kid.

erm Thats one movie, I honestly never seen the big deal about it

sammer071
Avatar is the best movie i had ever seen. The technology used in it is quite amazing.

SnakeEyes
The "best movie ever" is entirely subjective. I'd say in terms of universal praise and whatnot, the most-listed "best movies ever" would be: Citizen Kane, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Godfather, and The Shawshank Redemption.

Kazenji
The best movie ever is all in the eyes of the beholder.

§P0oONY
Lost in Translation is my favourite movie. I know a lot of people find it boring but I simply love it.

the ninjak
1. Pulp Fiction.
2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre. (Hooper original)
3. Night of the Living Dead.
4. Nightmare City.
5. Nosferatu. 1922.

Yeah I like Horror.

Oh yeah and Fulci's City of the Living Dead! and the 3 amigos.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
The "best movie ever" is entirely subjective. I'd say in terms of universal praise and whatnot, the most-listed "best movies ever" would be: Citizen Kane, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Godfather, and The Shawshank Redemption.

Yeah, add Pulp Fiction to this list because many people consider it the "best movie ever." I don't, but it's damn popular/well-liked.

Impediment
Originally posted by Kazenji
The best movie ever is all in the eyes of the beholder.

This.

Aede Madavan
Perhaps.

But for the purpose of discussion I propose this method:

Process A

Where elements of a film's merit are of a subjective nature, we consider whether it has a demonstrated a *high capacity to appeal to the audience*.

If such an element does demonstrate a high capacity to appeal to the audience, then we grant it B status. Otherwise it retains A status.

B status > A status.

B status = B status

and Process B will always be used to seperate films of B status.

A status = A status

and Process B will always be used to seperate films of A status.

*How exactly this is determined can be decided at a later time.*

Process B

Where Process A is concerned with elements of subjectivity, Process B is concerned with elements of objectivity. Process B involves an objective analysis of a given film's merits.

Process C

Upon the completion of Process A and Process B, Process C is concerned with comparisons determined by evaluation. The merits of the individual components of a film will be determined by Processes A and B, and Process C will be concerned with evaluating the significance of the individual components with respect to what it means for the film it forms a part of, and what it means with respect to the medium as a whole (which may also be analysed in this process).

Thoughts?

§P0oONY
My thoughts are that you have put too much thought in to it. Just let people have the films they consider best.

Rogue Jedi
The Big Lebowski.

The Nuul
STFU Donnie!

danerden

SamZED
Scarface.

Semi

the ninjak
Groundhog Day deserves a mention. Almost PERFECT film.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>