how powerful was darth maul with the force.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

beast1234
i just finished reading darth maul novels. Although darth maul was one of the skilled duliest/martial artist in the star wars universe in his book he was said to be very strong in the force and wizard with the force.
How powerful do you think he is with force what dose it mean he was a wizard with the force.

Lightsnake
Extremely powerful. He just preferred more martial skill

Gideon
I wouldn't go so far as to say "extremely powerful" when you take all the true greats into consideration. The Ultimate Visual Guide states that Darth Maul's knowledge of the dark side was "far greater" than the accomplished and deadly Nightsister Mighella, who was capable of summoning Force lightning. While he has never demonstrated the ability to summon Force lightning, I believe that that statement is an indicator that he can at any time he chooses. Especially when one considers that any novice or neophyte seems capable of wielding it on a basic level, why can't one of the "highest trained" and "most dangerous" Sith Lords in history do it?

That said, as Lightsnake told you, Maul styled himself a warrior first and was a much more accomplished combatant than he was a magus. Given his preference, I doubt he would be able to stand up next to, say, the second of the Emperor's doomed apprentices, Count Dooku.

Enyalus
Meh, I think Darth Maul would trash Count Dooku.

NonSensi-Klown
Darth Maul is overrated.

Enyalus
mad

Autokrat
Maul is clearly overrated, the dude has all those Force strength and shit, but we never see him get laid. Yea, that's right.

BruceSkywalker
Maul was great with the force but preferred to use his great martial arts skills as well as his saberstaff

SIDIOUS 66
Well he was powerful enough to get Sidious's attention.

Gideon
Which means what?

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Gideon
Which means what?

That the 'most powerful Sith lord' (quote from just about every book with Sidious in it) thought that he was sufficiently strong with the force to accomplish some of his goals. (Enforcer until he got the Chosen One)

Enyalus
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
That the 'most powerful Sith lord' (quote from just about every book with Sidious in it) thought that he was sufficiently strong with the force to accomplish some of his goals. (Enforcer until he got the Chosen One)

I wish people would stop spreading this misinformation. Sidious chose Maul as his apprentice and successor. The end. He doesn't even know about "The Chosen One" until the end of The Phantom Menace and anyone who tells you otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

And considering Maul was 22 years old and doing what he did...I don't know of anyone else that age and not named Skywalker who was that powerful.

SIDIOUS 66
Sidious regarded Maul as nothing more than a "hand". Even though Sidious may not of knew the existence of the chosen, he still planned to replace Maul with a more powerful apprentice.

SIDIOUS 66
Which means what?

Sidious usually looked for the best he could get. We know Sidious did not choose Maul because of his superior lightsaber skills, because he had no training at the time Sidious found him.

Gideon
Originally posted by Enyalus
I wish people would stop spreading this misinformation.

When the 'people' in question are LFL appointed and licensed authors, your wish falls on deaf ears.

The New Essential Chronology, The Ultimate Visual Guide, The Complete Visual Dictionary, and The Essential Guide to the Force all disagree. Darth Maul was specifically trained to not replace his master and Sidious regarded him as "a tool who would obey his every command."

Not successor material.

It's not.

Daniel Wallace disagrees.

He was trained to be a l33t swordsman from infancy. That says nothing about his Force aptitude.

@

He was looking for a sufficiently powerful enforcer and tool who would obey his every order. Not a Skywalker-class replacement. And it's not as though he had the whole galaxy to select from: the Jedi Order and various other Force using cults were also training children.

SIDIOUS 66
Still he was looking for someone powerful enough to get the job done. He wanted a jedi killer, so he needed someone pretty strong in the force.

Gideon
No one said that he wasn't strong. But any of the upper tier would kick the dogshit out of him.

SIDIOUS 66
I agree. That is why i only said strong enough to get Sidious's attention.

Enyalus
The New Essential Chronology, The Ultimate Visual Guide, The Complete Visual Dictionary, and The Essential Guide to the Force all disagree. Darth Maul was specifically trained to not replace his master and Sidious regarded him as "a tool who would obey his every command."

Not successor material.

His final test to becoming a Sith Lord was that he had want to kill his master (Sidious) - which he accomplishes. What specifically states that he was not going to be his successor? I have NEC and JvS.

Gideon
His final test to becoming a Sith Lord was that he had want to kill his master (Sidious) - which he accomplishes.

From the Ultimate Visual Guide, page 34.

"Unlike previous Sith apprentices, Maul has no ambition to overthrow his Master."

"Darth Sidious treats Darth Maul as neither friend nor accomplice, but a tool who will obey his every order."

Maul, in Shadow Hunter, muses that if Darth Sidious ordered Maul to kill himself, he'd do it.

tNEC says that Maul was merely a temporary assassin until Sidious could acquire Skywalker. JvS says that Palpatine gave Maul dreams of razing the Jedi Temple, knowing full well that it would never happen, and forsaw his death at Naboo but didn't inform Maul, knowing that he'd acquire a stronger apprentice.

"Blinded by pride, Dooku has failed to grasp that, like Darth Maul before him, he is little more than a placeholder for the apprentice Sidious has sought from the beginning: Skywalker himself."

-- Complete Visual Guide, page 139.

SIDIOUS 66
Yeah that was his final test to becoming a dark lord of the sith, and that is exactly what he became. That does not prove Sidious wanted Maul as his successor.

Enyalus
tNEC says that Maul was merely a temporary assassin until Sidious could acquire Skywalker. JvS says that Palpatine gave Maul dreams of razing the Jedi Temple, knowing full well that it would never happen, and forsaw his death at Naboo but didn't inform Maul, knowing that he'd acquire a stronger apprentice.

"Blinded by pride, Dooku has failed to grasp that, like Darth Maul before him, he is little more than a placeholder for the apprentice Sidious has sought from the beginning: Skywalker himself."

-- Complete Visual Guide, page 139.

Ah. Alright. I stand corrected. My apologies.

beast1234
the reason i asked this question was because in darth maul sadow hunter he was said to be powerful in the darkside of the force and i once hread someone say that he manipulate obi-wan emotion when they fought in the The Phantom Menace.

Mizukage Yoda
Meh, I think Darth Maul would trash Count Dooku. laughing

Enyalus
^ I still think that. Younger, probably faster, stronger, master of multiple high end forms, master of several martial arts, evidently a 'wizard' with the Force...

Mizukage Yoda
Dooku thrashed Kenobi with the force, who I consider on par with TPM Qui Gon Jinn. Maul could never do that with Kenobi or Jinn, he dueled both of them but never KO'd one with the force. Dooku would destroy Maul with the force, and beat him in Sabers

beast1234
what dose it mean that darth maul was a wizard with the Force.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Dooku thrashed Kenobi with the force, who I consider on par with TPM Qui Gon Jinn. Maul could never do that with Kenobi or Jinn, he dueled both of them but never KO'd one with the force. Dooku would destroy Maul with the force, and beat him in Sabers

Uh, did he try? No. Okay then.

Besides that, Dooku's Force Lightning has been caught via a lightsaber blade by Obi-Wan and Anakin. Maul could do that. Hell, he might even be able to walk right through it.

Mizukage Yoda
Dooku's lightning has also been show to KO Asajj Ventress knocking her out for several hours. And Anakin used two hands to block Dooku's lightning from one hand. Dooku when actually putting a lot of power into it knocked out Ventress with ease.

beast1234
did darth maul manipulate obi-wan emotion when they fought in the The Phantom Menace.

Gideon
LOL.

Mizukage is in the rare position of being right, Enyalus. While an argument could be made that Darth Maul -- with his "high end mastery of multiple forms," his physical conditioning and regimen that have "been pushed to the utmost," and that he is "one of the most highly trained apprentices in history," -- can defeat Count Dooku in a lightsaber contest, there can be no question that the Count has demonstrated feats well in excess of Maul's Force aptitude. That Maul "walked through" Force lightning from Mighella is one thing; while she has been credited as a highly disciplined and skilled Nighsister, she is no match for a Lord of the Sith. Meanwhile, Count Dooku's lightning is capable of gripping Anakin Skywalker and hurling him across the room, killing multiple warriors, and knocking Sora Bulq -- one of the Order's finest swordsmen and a master of all of the lightsaber forms -- out without effort.

Whereas Maul has been cited as one of the "deadliest" and "highest trained" Sith apprentices, Count Dooku has been cited as "one of the most powerful and respected Jedi in the Order's twenty five thousand year history" and "an even greater Lord of the Sith."

beast1234
did darth maul manipulate obi-wan emotion when they fought in the The Phantom Menace.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by beast1234
Maul fed off Obiwan's emotions as Obiwan says in JvS

When the last door lifted,I gave in to my anger as I charged the dark warrior. I absolutely wanted to destroy him. He used my anger against me,actually fed off my fury,gaining strength as I exhausted my own. I lost my lightsaber and he had me.

Enyalus
Dooku's lightning has also been show to KO Asajj Ventress knocking her out for several hours.

Ventress is nothing special, so says Palpatine. And judging from the way Yoda casually dismisses her, he's right.

Mizukage is in the rare position of being right, Enyalus. While an argument could be made that Darth Maul -- with his "high end mastery of multiple forms," his physical conditioning and regimen that have "been pushed to the utmost," and that he is "one of the most highly trained apprentices in history," -- can defeat Count Dooku in a lightsaber contest, there can be no question that the Count has demonstrated feats well in excess of Maul's Force aptitude. That Maul "walked through" Force lightning from Mighella is one thing; while she has been credited as a highly disciplined and skilled Nighsister, she is no match for a Lord of the Sith. Meanwhile, Count Dooku's lightning is capable of gripping Anakin Skywalker and hurling him across the room, killing multiple warriors, and knocking Sora Bulq -- one of the Order's finest swordsmen and a master of all of the lightsaber forms -- out without effort.

Whereas Maul has been cited as one of the "deadliest" and "highest trained" Sith apprentices, Count Dooku has been cited as "one of the most powerful and respected Jedi in the Order's twenty five thousand year history" and "an even greater Lord of the Sith."

You've got a real soft sport for this whole "Force aptitude" thing, Gideon. Of course Dooku has more precision and *probably* a better command of the Force. Does that necessarily make a difference in a battle? No. There are several instances of someone with greater mastery of the Force losing to someone else who is younger and/or a better lightsaber duelist. I believe Maul is exactly that. He was able to easily defeat Dooku's best padawan (then a Jedi Master) who was a lightsaber prodigy himself as well as his padawan (who was essentially a Jedi Knight) simultaneously - despite not being 100% (he was injured prior to the battle). He was also able to defeat Anoon Bondara, who like Maul was a master of Teras Kasi as well as a more technically skilled duelist than the Count.

Your example of Anakin being thrown across the room by Dooku's lightning, in my opinion, is a reach at best. Anakin was a hothead in that battle who rushed in without thinking and was in no position to defend himself when Dooku's gout of lightning shot out. Do we even know if he knew that the Count could launch such an attack? Maul wouldn't be so ignorant or foolish. He's a bred and trained warrior and killer. In the Clone Wars movie Anakin casually catches Dooku's lightning on his blade using one hand. In AOTC Obi-Wan does the same, when ready for it. And Yoda's able to casually deflect it back at him with minimal effort. Dooku's Force advantage shouldn't be overblown here - it failed to give him an advantage over Anakin in AOTC the second time, it failed to give him an advantage over Mace in their duel, it failed to give him an advantage over Anakin in ROTS, and if Anakin hadn't attempted to use the Force against him in the Clone Wars movie it would have been a nonfactor there as well.

Maul doesn't even like using the Force to fight his battles. He won't force the issue, especially with someone who is his superior in that regard. Elite Hunter also brings up a valid point. Maul's use of Juyo allows him to feed on the dark emotions of the opponent to fuel himself and grow stronger. Dooku's a dark sider. That should be case closed...

Gideon
Nothing special compared to him and other select upper tier combatants. If his words are to be trusted, when he observes her duel with Count Dooku, he finds her "impressive."

Again, Yoda tells her that she's "not that strong" when she threatens him. Duh. But he prefaces this with "strong, you are in the dark side."

A soft sport? I assure you, I take no athleticism from Force aptitude.

There is no 'probably.' Count Dooku has received accolades from the various narrators, characters, and databank regarding his connection and mastery of the Force. Darth Maul, instead, receives accolades for his physical discipline and combat regimen. Add to the fact that Dooku has studied the Force for seven decades and regularly utilizes it in combat, I'd say that it's a no brainer. But I've overestimated you before.

You really didn't just ask me if a great command of the Force makes a difference, did you?

Except that there's nothing that proves that those circumstances would recreate themselves.

But can you prove that?

Easily? Provide the source, please. While he certainly dominated them, it wasn't effortless.

And Yoda. Is it your testimony that Maul could beat him? The difference between Bondara and Dooku is that only one of them possesses a truly remarkable command of the Force.

He did the same thing to Sora Bulq. This Sora Bulq:

"Sora Bulq was one of the greatest lightsaber instructors the Jedi order had ever known, perfecting the various forms of combat techniques, both classical and experimental. He even helped Mace Windu perfect the art of vaapad, the seventh form of lightsaber combat so intense and dangerous, that to practice it was to tread perilously close to the dark side." -- the official databank.

Welcome to reality. Maul hasn't battled Dooku before. If they fight, he hasn't the means to know what the Count can and cannot do.

You're right. He demonstrates great brilliant in perpetuity. Like getting bisected by a padawan.

And historically impatient and arrogant. Have you read Shadow Hunter or the Phantom Menace?

So a bullet isn't deadly since Kevlar protects against it?

What are you talking about? He beat Anakin.

Did he attack Windu with the Force?

Did he attack Anakin with the Force?

WTF? Prove it.

Right. Because Dooku can only use the Force when his opponent does? Maul would only be even more susceptible.

And he'll magically detect that Dooku is his superior?

He's able to feed on the anger of an undisciplined Jedi who dabbled, briefly, in dark temptations. A far cry from Count Dooku.

It's not.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Autokrat
Maul is clearly overrated, the dude has all those Force strength and shit, but we never see him get laid. Yea, that's right. With those rippling, strong forearm muscles, masturbation is probably more pleasurable.

I would say definately above average, but he was more of a melee combatant as several here have said.

Faunus
Ventress is nothing special, so says Palpatine. And judging from the way Yoda casually dismisses her, he's right.Don't be ridiculous. The woman has skills.

Sidious and Dooku believed her to be a legitimate threat to Anakin Skywalker's life; he barely overcame her in a "stunning lightsaber duel."

She's also outmatched Kenobi rather severely on at least one occasion, immediately after defeating Kit Fisto, one of the most formidable swordsmen in the Jedi Order.

Her Force power was sufficient enough to nearly crush the heart of an ancient and powerful Jedi Master, and she almost replicated the feat on Kenobi on one of the moons of Naboo. Also, I believe she noted that she'd killed seventeen Jedi in Dark Rendezvous. The only individuals of her era to rack up such a body count were General Grievous and the newly converted Darth Vader.
And this reflects poorly on Dooku, who derided his student's chosen form of combat to begin with?
Dooku toyed with Master Tholme and Sora Bulq:

Two hands. He also gets put on his ass three times.

You mean when he won inside of a minute anyway?
And he still got away...
He kicks him to the ground without even looking at him while simultaneously hurling Kenobi across the room.
He outmaneuvers him with one hand and Force-pushes him to the ground just before the end.
Which is why he'd get his ass kicked against Dooku. Just because he's not willing to "force the issue" doesn't mean the Count wouldn't if he feels at all threatened.
There's a reason that Dooku couldn't pull this off? It's what dark-siders do.

And it's not because of Juyo; I don't know where you came up with that. Mace Windu's Vaapad =/= anyone else's Juyo.

Think, please.

Enyalus
Again, Yoda tells her that she's "not that strong" when she threatens him. Duh. But he prefaces this with "strong, you are in the dark side."

And that means what, Gideon? Interpret it for me.

Maul is said to be very strong in the Force as well as a wizard with the Force (whatever the **** that's supposed to mean). While I'm of the personal opinion that Dooku is superior in that department, it can't be proven. Unless you can find me a statement saying that, "Dooku's command of the Force surpassed that of Sidious' former apprentice, Darth Maul." Hence, I said probably (to cover my ass).

Anakin beating Dooku. Luke beating Vader. Two examples of Force users who have superior command of the Force being beaten by those who don't. Let's add Obi-Wan beating Darth Maul to that list, probably Bane over Sirak, Palpatine beating Yoda, and I'm sure you can come up with even more examples than I can.

And please stop attempting to misquote me. I specified a better (not great) command of the Force doesn't necessarily make a difference in battle. That is different from what you're attempting to get me to say.

Okay?

Of course not. Can you prove that Dooku's a better duelist than Maul? I wouldn't think so. I realize that Dooku taught General Grievous all seven lightsaber forms, but does anything ever specifically call him a master of every saber form?

I did misstype, though. I should have said 'combatant' as opposed to duelist, because I think that Maul's use of Teras Kasi in combat would make a big difference.

In my opinion, 'dominating' someone would make it easy. If he was able to barely beat them or struggled to defeat them, I'd call that 'difficult' or 'hard.'

I agree. And of course Maul couldn't defeat Yoda. But then Yoda is also well above Dooku thanks to his Force reserves, Force power, and speed (although we disagree there, because you think it comes from superior command of the Force).

This proves very little, Gideon. As I can cite Anoon Bondara or Cin Drallig. Being a great duelist won't guarantee that you can compete with the 'big boys' so to speak. A Dark Lord of the Sith qualifies as that.

...Gideon. Come now. Maul is a Sith Lord. He'll know Dooku is a Sith Lord if they fight. He's fought Darth Sidious before. And trained and sparred with him practically all of his life. That doesn't compare to Anakin, who had Obi-Wan to spar with.

Meh, after he beat him. Palpatine noted that that was out of character for Maul.

Not the TPM novelization. But during the TPM duel, he shows great combat savvy and patience. Arrogant, yes. But what Sith Lord isn't? I think Dooku might have him beat in that category, as well.

In a duel. His Force prowess didn't play a role at all. You'd think he could ragdoll a padawan Anakin like he did to Obi-Wan in ROTS and get out of there quicker, before Yoda arrived. Instead, he defeats him in a difficult duel in which he was fatigued afterwards. (You can see him visibly exhale/sigh, a look of surprise on his face.)

Exactly my point. His superiority in the Force played no role in that battle.

And again...answer is above. Although the novelization does say that he attacks him with the Force, and Anakin slaps the objects hurled at him aside with distain.

Anakin deals with his lightning easily. Anakin decides to Force Push him later on, and Dooku counters - tossing it back at him and putting him on his ass. It was Anakin who forced the issue there and paid the price.

Sure. Why not? He's somehow blind to the Force now? He can't sense someone more powerful in the Dark Side than him? That's absurd.

Count Dooku is calm in his duels, mind centered on positive thoughts?

Red Nemesis
Just to jump on the bandwagon:

Nothing special compared to him and other select upper tier combatants. If his words are to be trusted, when he observes her duel with Count Dooku, he finds her "impressive."

And yet he still finds her ultimately useless. She is a non-issue in Palpatine's plans. (I think. I'm open to sources...)

This could be taken to refer to many things. 'Strong with the dark side' has been used as a measure of 'evilness' in the past.
Palpatine: Anakin, go kill all of the Jedi - Only then will you be strong enough in the dark side to save your wife.
Yoda meant that she was very evil (committed to the D.S. and would be difficult to redeem) but was not necessarily strong in the Force itself. There is a distinction.

A soft sport? I assure you, I take no athleticism from Force aptitude.
Have a heart- it was only a simple typo. Also, here's the mandatory return attack: That's obvious- you don't take any at all! .

I don't actually have time for the rest, and most of the rest has already been bypassed. This is just my take on Yoda's comment.

Post write edit: The apostrophe on "Palpatine's" gave me this:Palpatine%27s', event)" style="cursor: pointer;color:#cc6600;font-weight:bold;">Palpatine's p when I previewed it. Anyone know what it means?

Gideon
I'll get to this ASAP, but between a Halo 3 match and going to deal with inevitable arguments from Ush, REX, and Truejedi, I'm going to have a busy night.

Bear in mind that those who jump on this particular bandwagon will be inexorably hurled off it. The road, Red Nemesis, is bumpy.

Faunus
Just to jump on the bandwagon:Jump off now.

So was Maul. So were everyone but Dooku, the Separatist Council, Grievous, Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan, and of course, Anakin.

It's irrelevant.

She has feats. Nearly Force-crushing Kenobi and almost destroying the heart of a centuries-old and rather powerful Jedi Master, to name two.

Dooku was also highly impressed with her "raw talent," which coupled with incomplete Jedi training and her inconsolable rage allowed her to become the dominant force on a warring planet at a relatively young age.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Faunus
Jump off now.

Way to jump back into bed with Gideon. I am allowed to disagree as a mental exercise, to just calm down.

So was Maul. So were everyone but Dooku, the Separatist Council, Grievous, Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan, and of course, Anakin.

It's irrelevant.

Maul was a tool to be used, Dooku was a tool to be used, so was teh Separatist Council, Grievous, Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan and especially Anakin. They were all powerful enough or influential enough or skilled enough to factor into Sidious's plans. Maul was an enforcer, Dooku and Grievous were patsies, Yoda and Mace posed real threat to his plans, Kenobi warranted a Jedi Trap halfway across the galaxy, and then there's Anakin. The truth is that Ventress simply was not powerful enough to register as even a blip on Sidious's screen. Based on his judgment she was irrelevant.

She has feats. Nearly Force-crushing Kenobi and almost destroying the heart of a centuries-old and rather powerful Jedi Master, to name two.

I didn't say that she was weak, I said she was not strong. She has some impressive feats, but there is nothing that even hints at her being a valuable gauge of power for the elite tier. So Dooku can manhandle her. So what? Ultimately, this is not a very impressive feat for Dooku.

Dooku was also highly impressed with her "raw talent," which coupled with incomplete Jedi training and her inconsolable rage allowed her to become the dominant force on a warring planet at a relatively young age.

Her strength in the Force, or even her ranking on the tier system is not being debated. She is reasonably strong. What matters here is what Yoda meant when he said "Strong in the dark side you are. But, not that strong." I proposed one theory- that Yoda thought her very evil, but not particularly dangerous. This is supported by Sidious's disregard for her contributions and Dooku's manhandling- she is not a threat or measuring stick for any of the Saga's Elite.

Lightsnake
I think Palpatine sums up Ventress best: A capable warrior. Nothing more or less.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Lightsnake
I think Palpatine sums up Ventress best: A capable warrior. Nothing more or less.

Wow. You made my post virtually redundant with just fourteen words. Bravo.

stuck up... arrogant... know it all...

U R UN GENUS!!

Also: I'm so sped, I meant, "as a mental exercise, so just calm down."

I feel so stupid right now.

Enyalus
My intial post of Ventress was an oversimplification. A way of saying - she's not on Darth Maul's level.

NonSensi-Klown
Your oversimplification is wrong.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Your oversimplification is wrong.

No, its not. Maul >>>> Ventress.

NonSensi-Klown
No he's not.

Red Nemesis
Off the top of my head:
Maul:
Dark lord of the Sith
High end- Multiple forms
Took out Qui-Gon and Anoon (TEH SKILLZ)
Tanked lightning
"wizard of the force"
Mastery of Teras Ki (whatever- the Martial arts)
Sidious's enforcer

Ventress:
Jar Kai
Que'tek
Got manhandled by dooku
irrelevant to galactic plans (Sidious's)

Enyalus
Off the top of my head:
Maul:
Dark lord of the Sith
High end- Multiple forms
Tanked lightning
"wizard of the force"
Sidious's enforcer

Don't forget being listed as the "deadlist Sith apprentice in history."

NonSensi-Klown
Off the top of my head:
Maul:
Dark lord of the Sith
High end- Multiple forms
Tanked lightning
"wizard of the force"
Sidious's enforcer

Ventress:
Jar Kai
Que'tek
Got manhandled by dooku
irrelevant to galactic plans (Sidious's)

You miss a lot of shit off the top of your head.

I can't tell if you're purpsoely being biased or are just ignorant.

Red Nemesis
I'll grant you that I was biased, but Ventress is not in Maul's league. His speed was great enough to challenge Sidious. I feel safe from fanboyism when saying he's at least (and I'm being cautious here) one tier firmly above Ventress. Maybe two. She's just not that good.

Master Crimzon
Ventress > Maul. At least in sheer, mighty awesomeness. Maul's lame.

Though, he's most decidedly above her in fighting skill.

beast1234
the only force power that i seen darth maul do was force choke he uesd it to kill one of black sun.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Ventress > Maul. At least in sheer, mighty awesomeness. Maul's lame.

Though, he's most decidedly above her in fighting skill.

I'd argue that Maul is pure Badassery incarnate.

the only force power that i seen darth maul do was force choke he uesd it to kill one of black sun.

Grammar never hurt anyone. "The only force power that I have seen Darth Maul use was Force Choke. He used it to kill one of the Black Sun.

This way makes you sound less like a hillbilly, and more like someone worth responding to. Give it a try, you too might find yourself Hooked on Phonics! (TM)

Mizukage Yoda

In the Clone Wars movie Anakin casually catches Dooku's lightning on his blade using one hand.

No Anakin uses two hands, and its sure as hell not casual, he kinda struggles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmRaQIxqUh8
Oh and btw this isn't even Dooku using two hands lol, this is one hand dooku

Enyalus
No Anakin uses two hands, and its sure as hell not casual, he kinda struggles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmRaQIxqUh8
Oh and btw this isn't even Dooku using two hands lol, this is one hand dooku

Looks easy to me. But yeah, two handed. My bad.

truejedi
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
No he's not.

yes. he is.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Autokrat
Maul is clearly overrated, the dude has all those Force strength and shit, but we never see him get laid. Yea, that's right.

Ki-Adi Mundi is a haus then. He had, what, like ten wives.

I'd say that Maul is capable with the Force but in the same way that Obi-wan is. Not flashy with it, but capable of holding his own against most.

SIDIOUS 66
So this is basically what Yoda was saying:

"Evil you are young one... But not that evil"

I don't think Yoda was using the "strong with the dark side" line as a way of measuring ventress's evilness.

DARTH POWER
NO he was clearly reffering to her Power. thats obvious to anyone who sees it as thats when he easily takes her weapons off her. It was also a repeat of the line he says to Luke in ROTJ which was also clearly in refernce to Power.

Hybris
Considering I don't know much about Siths in the EU, I"ll just state: Sids > Darth Vader > Dooku > Maul / Grievous > Ventress.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Hybris
Considering I don't know much about Siths in the EU, I"ll just state: Sids > Darth Vader > Dooku > Maul / Grievous > Ventress.

Grievous and Ventress weren't sith.

SWblayde938
basically what most people said, he was a really good force user but prefered sword fighting more

Incanus
I read on wookieepedia Maul was invulnerable to force lightning somehow.... it might not be canon but he was hit by it in EU and wasnt even stunned or anything...... Maul would destroy Dooku, as it would be like Bane and Kas'im possibly, as no one knows if Dooku had knowledge of Mauls particular style, the dual blade style, so he may not know exactly how to fight him, and if he cut it in 2 and didnt cut the crystal, Maul would fight Jar'Kai, with a blade in each hand, which he did against Vader. Then Dooku might be killed, as both are great lightsaber fighters, not just Dooku.

Eminence
No.

chilled monkey

In "Shadow Hunter" Maul uses-

Mind trick

Was stated to be able to use the Force to extract information (he doesn't bother because he just scares the informant into telling him)

Was stated to be able to wipe memories or dominate weak minds in small groups

Can sense if he's being lied to

Telekinesis

Force cloak

Samurai100
Originally posted by Incanus
I read on wookieepedia Maul was invulnerable to force lightning somehow.... it might not be canon but he was hit by it in EU and wasnt even stunned or anything...... Maul would destroy Dooku, as it would be like Bane and Kas'im possibly, as no one knows if Dooku had knowledge of Mauls particular style, the dual blade style, so he may not know exactly how to fight him, and if he cut it in 2 and didnt cut the crystal, Maul would fight Jar'Kai, with a blade in each hand, which he did against Vader. Then Dooku might be killed, as both are great lightsaber fighters, not just Dooku.

He may have been invunerable to force lightning as he did resist a force lightning attack by a member of black sun but this may have just been due to his zabrak toughness.
I personally agree that Maul would own Dooku

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Samurai100
He may have been invunerable to force lightning as he did resist a force lightning attack by a member of black sun but this may have just been due to his zabrak toughness.
I personally agree that Maul would own Dooku Perhaps in sabers but Dooku has a Force battle. Maul's resistance to Force Lightning is only showcased in Darth Maul: Saboteur, and it was Lightning from Mighella, a Nightsister. Compared to Dooku; he's up here. And she's

down here.

Samurai100
But Maul would also be able to stop it with his saberstaff and he would be matched with force powers so he would own him in lightsaber combat

Lord Lucien
But Maul would also be able to stop it with his saberstaff and he would be matched with force powers so he would own him in lightsaber combat That`s what I said: "in sabers." Maul's double blade, use of Juyo, youth, and incredible strength and stamina would give him an edge over Dooku in a pure saber fight. But not a guarantee. Dooku was considered one of the Order's finest swordsman ever for a reason.

In a Force contest though, Dooku has displayed a far more powerful command of the Force. His telekinetic abilities are amazing, his Force Lightning is FAR more powerful than some Nightsister bodyguard's.

And it's due to Dooku's superior command of the Force that will give him a victory in an all-out fight.

Slash_KMC
Yeah, Dooku is really a tier above Maul. Period.

Samurai100
he's still better at mechu deru
he modified a protocol droid into an assasin droid
and made some dark eye probe droids

Lord Lucien
Fascinating.

Samurai100
have you seen c-3px

Samurai100
in case you havent

Lord Lucien
What an unoriginal ripoff.

mattatom
Just because a droid holds a gun, doesn't mean it can use it, well or at all.

Bladewind
Guys this is about the force powers of Maul nothing else!hammer
My part in the debate:
Silus

"Wipe them out. All of them."
―Darth Sidious

At some point in 33 BBY, Sidious pitted Maul against the Force-sensitive Drovian Silus, sending Maul to an unknown planet in the Outer Rim. Sidious claimed Silus to be a threat to his plans, due to the surge in the dark side created by the Drovian. Should the Jedi feel it through the Force too, Sidious's presence could be threatened; that, however, could just have been used to persuade Maul into doing his master's bidding.

Silus was a hulking, savage brute using the Force for financial gain by pitting himself against other lesser opponents in a dueling ring. Sidious offered to take Silus on as his new apprentice should he be able to kill Maul. He found the Drovian, and after showing him a holo-message of his master containing Sidious' proposal of replacing Maul with Silus the two began to fight. A nullifier field surrounding the dueling ring prevented use of energy weapons, rendering Maul's light saber useless and forcing the pair into fighting using only the Force and unarmed combat tactics. Sidious' proposal of replacing Maul with Silus alarmed and unnerved his apprentice, causing a near-fatal lack of focus that allowed Silus to gain the upper hand. Calling upon his rage Maul prevailed in the end, using the Force to overload the field and using his light saber to end Silus' life. Darth Sidious then revealed to Maul that the ordeal had only been a test.

Taken from the maul article on wookieepedia.

Slash_KMC
Wookieepedia? Oh, that reminds me, I need to update the Revan section there.

mattatom
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Wookieepedia? Oh, that reminds me, I need to update the Revan section there. I edit there as well and no I haven't touched Bandon's page.

truejedi
well you should! right now wikipedia thinks that bandon is an... "unknown" or something like that. Ridiculous.

mattatom
Originally posted by truejedi
well you should! right now wikipedia thinks that bandon is an... "unknown" or something like that. Ridiculous. He is an unknown. All he's done is kill an Ensign.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by mattatom
He is an unknown. All he's done is kill an Ensign.

And died a horrible death at the hands of the Almighty.

mattatom
And died a horrible death at the hands of the Almighty. Ahh yes, I forgot Kun killed him.

truejedi
mattatom. sarcasm. k?

mattatom
mattatom. sarcasm. k? What about it?

Slash_KMC
**** sarcasm. It's confusing...

... For stupid people.

mattatom
**** sarcasm. It's confusing...

... For stupid people. That's why your always confused.

Ms.Marvel
matt, how could you be the UNSC's finest if im the UNSC's finest? mmm

Slash_KMC
That's why your always confused.

Srsly, that was a bit too predictable.

mattatom
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
matt, how could you be the UNSC's finest if im the UNSC's finest? mmm Because your delusional...
Srsly, that was a bit too predictable.
So are your replies.

Slash_KMC
So are your replies.

NO U

mattatom
NO U As I said, predictable.

Slash_KMC
As I said, predictable.

Next time, I'll use a blue color then.

Oh and btw, I love pizza's!!! Was that predictable?

mattatom
Next time, I'll use a blue color then.

Oh and btw, I love pizza's!!! Was that predictable? Yes.

Slash_KMC
Yes.

Damnit!! I never had to focus on being original before, it's more difficult than you'd think.

Samurai100
offtopic this is about darth mauls force powers

mattatom
offtopic this is about darth mauls force powers I'm being serial. -.- . You really think this topic will stay on track after it's been answered?

Red Nemesis
Damnit!! I never had to focus on being original before, it's more difficult than you'd think.
thumb up

Ms.Marvel
Because your delusional...

my delusional what?

ha victory is mine. 313

truejedi
Maul was very powerful with the force.

mattatom
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
my delusional what?

ha victory is mine. 313 Damn typo's Your delusional...mindset?
Maul was very powerful with the force.
No, no he was not.

truejedi
yes huh. He threw things at QGJ, and he threw people out of his way in shadow hunter, and he jumped high with the force in shadow hunter. and he was powerful, say compared to Jango Fett.

mattatom
Jango could levitate make flames come out his back, fir bolts of energy from his hands and create wire using the Force those weren't gadgets or weapons that was using the Force, hell in the battle between Kenobi andJango, there was no Boba or Slave 1 It was an illusion.
Maul<Most ROTS Jedi (In terms of the Force).

truejedi
ok. well Maul could use FORCE RAGE. And FORCE INTIMIDATE and FORCE ATHLETIC RUNNING. > invisible Slave.

mattatom
ok. well Maul could use FORCE RAGE. And FORCE INTIMIDATE and FORCE ATHLETIC RUNNING. > invisible Slave. So could Hayden and Ewan...

truejedi
so could Vandar. So could Yoda. So could Sidious. So could Tycho and WINTER for that matter. Maul was a black man. Nuff said.

mattatom
Maul=SouthParks Satan+Obama photoshopped. WHEN WILL YOU SEE THE TRUTH!

truejedi
fact: maul was stronger than say c3po with the force.
fact: Yoda was stronger than say c3po with the force.
fact: c3p0 wasn't always gold. he was once silver.
fact: Maul has the force on his side, like Yoda.
fact: Yoda is green, and has always been green.
fact: Yoda stopped force-lightning, but it knocked him out.
fact: Maul stopped force-lightning, but stood up and killed the witch.
fact: Maul is somewhere between Yoda and c3po with the force.

as we say in the higher learning schools:

q.e.d. Maul is strong in the force.

mattatom
Goldenrod isn't Force Sensitive so this fails.

truejedi
Goldenrod isn't Force Sensitive so this fails.

truly, i'm astounded. are you trying to tell me that is the only place that fails?

darth radon
Uh, did he try? No. Okay then.

Besides that, Dooku's Force Lightning has been caught via a lightsaber blade by Obi-Wan and Anakin. Maul could do that. Hell, he might even be able to walk right through it. That is exactly why he wwon some battles.His kind feels no physical pain.THats how he beat Black Sun.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by darth radon
That is exactly why he wwon some battles.His kind feels no physical pain.THats how he beat Black Sun. Where on the Internet did you read that Zabrak feel no pain?

axel_jovan
I bet being cut in half hurt him a little.

truejedi
that was an enjoyable exchange with Matt up there. I had forgotten about it.

Jinsoku Takai
Apparently he felt the pain of a sprained ankle, according to some ppl around here.

DjinnJoetunBaal
I wish people would stop spreading this misinformation. Sidious chose Maul as his apprentice and successor. The end. He doesn't even know about "The Chosen One" until the end of The Phantom Menace and anyone who tells you otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

And considering Maul was 22 years old and doing what he did...I don't know of anyone else that age and not named Skywalker who was that powerful. Actually Sidious knew of Anakins existence. He knew that his master created him and that was why he killed him when he did because he knew a being created by the force was to be his replacement so Sidious killed his master before his master could get rid of him first.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.