Grand Army of the Republic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mizukage Yoda
The size of the Clone Army is now open to debate. In the first episode of the Clone Wars Dooku says that they outnumber the Republic a 100 to 1, the king of Toydaria does not disagree with these statistics. Now the level of canon for the Clone Wars is T a step below only the movies themselves. The CIS is stated to have quintillions of battledroids. So even if they had only 1 quintillion that would be 1000000000000000000 droids, now the clone army would be 10000000000000000 troops. A far more suitable size for a galactic army. Now Dooku is trying to convince a king to join him so even if he was exaggerating the Clone army is still well beyond the 1000000 figure. Some people say that AOTC states a million clones, when in fact the term units and what it means is quite shady. Units could mean battallions or legions, or w/e, but not nessesarily troops. big grin Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Master Crimzon
According to Karen Traviss- 4 Clones. But they're Mandalorian, so they can move so fast there seems to be millions of them.

Gideon
Karen Traviss (or as I call her, the Abortion-That-Should-Have-Been), in her stupidity, made it canon that a unit = one clonetrooper. So, basically, there's around three million clone troopers in the Grand Army of the Republic. The disparity is obscene. Hell, there have been Earth-bound sieges that have yielded greater numbers than that. And she expects three million to secure half of a galaxy and invade the other?

Mizukage Yoda
T-Canon> Karen Traviss, only Lucas himself can contradict T-Canon. Authors are C-Canon.

Gideon
She has a chance to retcon this, of course. But rather than fess up to her ignorance and lack of understanding, she instead uses Order 66 to spread the idea that the Republic was deliberately overestimating the scale and size of the Confederacy army to perpetuate the war.

Enyalus
A one-million man army wasn't even enough to conquer half of China. Three million for an entire galaxy is ridiculous beyond belief.

Gideon
Thank you.

She's a moron.

Master Crimzon
I think Karen Traviss enjoys pissing fans off. Seriously, it seems like she writes her BS for the sake of insulting fans. I can't believe that an author can be so ignorant of what she is writing about, and be so damned incredibly stupid.

Gideon
Hence why LFL needs to can the asses of Traviss and Zahn. Permenantly. And retcon all their shit. And can Leland Chee for not taking care of this sooner. Give Publius Chee's job and keep Reaves, Perry, Luceno, Stover, and Denning as authors. The rest can **** off.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
According to Karen Traviss- 4 Clones. But they're Mandalorian, so they can move so fast there seems to be millions of them.

Thing is, they aren't even that. Jango was human. sad

Now, if they were Mandalorian, I can totally see the rationale behind a unit equalling one trooper. wink

Enyalus
Originally posted by Gideon
Hence why LFL needs to can the asses of Traviss and Zahn. Permenantly. And retcon all their shit. And can Leland Chee for not taking care of this sooner. Give Publius Chee's job and keep Reaves, Perry, Luceno, Stover, and Denning as authors. The rest can **** off.

I didn't really like any of Troy Denning's stuff...

Gideon
Invincible was the best LotF novel.

Master Crimzon
Zhan is very good, IMO. Stover is easily the best SW author, though.

Gideon
Zahn had three great moments: Pellaeon, Mara, and Thrawn. But not even they are enough to spare him my wrath. His minimalism is obscene and his plots are ridiculous.

Enyalus
Invincible was the best LotF novel.

While that may be true, I subscribe to the doctrine that 'the best crap, is still crap.' Even DarkSerpent had his moments.

Gideon
Family motto?

Enyalus
Palpatine was my father. Hence my unnatural hate for him. He left me for that Maul bastard.

Autokrat
Originally posted by Enyalus
Palpatine was my father. Hence my unnatural hate for him. He left me for that Maul bastard.

You and I must be brothers since I hate his guts to.

Gideon
What? Why? How?

NonSensi-Klown
Darth Maul's a ***.

Enyalus
What? Why? How?

I ask myself that every day. Damn cheap bastard. Galactic Emperor, nigh-unlimited funds, and didn't pay one cent in child support. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.