Sega Back in hardware buisness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nactous
http://n4g.com/industrynews/News-211393.aspx

I'd buy it...

jaden101
java based gaming = epic fail

not saying there isn't good java games...but they are usually silly little free online games

sega doesn't look like it wants to do anything mobile phone manufacturers are developing...and the fact is noone wants to carry yet another pocket device

Dr. Prick
chut up tomboy b4 i get butt smack't up outta here ya frig.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by jaden101
java based gaming = epic fail

not saying there isn't good java games...but they are usually silly little free online games

sega doesn't look like it wants to do anything mobile phone manufacturers are developing...and the fact is noone wants to carry yet another pocket device

You're late:

"Is it just me or does this device have failure written all over it? You mean to tell me that Sega actually believes this product will be a success? Sure, it might be a success if we compare it to the 32X or something, but when compared to all the other devices in the market, I simply don't see why Sega would even consider playing this game with that device.

Worse, Sega went out of its way to tell the world that its latest device isn't a handheld gaming platform. Instead, its latest hardware can do it all.

What a joke."

FistOfThe North
Sega should come out with a next Gen console system the next time around like when the ps4, xbox 720, and the WiiII come out. It may or may not get crushed but that should give 'em all the more reason to make a kick ass system the likes of something these new next gen systems'd lack. And imagine it not sucking but being the best of 'em all, shocking everyone.

the all new "Sega Solstice" or somethin', haha.

Smasandian
I heard this was a rumour.

If not, then they're making a big mistake.

WrathfulDwarf
I think the 90s are making a come back. eek!

ragesRemorse
I'm calling Bullshit on this one. Sega will continue trying to survive by creating shitty video games that rarely sell. I don't see them trying to compete with the gameboy again. Not when the PsP is taking up the entire secondary market of the handheld gaming world. If they were going to attempt to topple the giants. I would hope that they would do this by using, at least comparable technology and not inferior.

Smasandian
I assuming they make their money from publishing games rather than the games they make themselves.

THE JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Nactous
http://n4g.com/industrynews/News-211393.aspx

I'd buy it...

That is a joke, right Nac? I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot cattleprod. Maybe if it played actual games but... Java based? Really?

Nactous
You dont even know what that is....

jaden101
i dont really know what they think their target market would be with it...judging by some of the features touted it would be at the same market as mobile phones...only...without the phone bit...most decent mobile phones have java gaming, camera, mp4 playback...some have far more features than that...full dictionaries, sat-nav, internet, portable tv, plus loads more...hell my new phone even has slo mo video capture

so what are they looking to achieve?

even forgetting a features issue...sega is not going to appeal to non gamers in the mobile phone market anyway...they'll see sega and think "games console maker...wont buy" because that's the way the general public work...they go off brands and what little they know of the brands

granted some brands can chage...apple going from a PC alternative to a moblile music marketer predominantly was obviously a roaring success....but i cant see sega doing it

why?...why do they keep shooting holes in their already sinking ship?...why are they jeopardising the future of shenmue?...why do they taunt me so?....bastards

THE JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Nactous
You dont even know what that is....

Hmm... friends for eight years and yet you think I don't know what Java is. Anyone with internet access knows what Java is. It's like HTML, I mean... you just simply know what it is.

SaTsuJiN
well they arent really having much luck in the gaming biz these days, so I think they're trying a stab at the general marketplace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.