Supergirl vs. Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
How would this go?

Red Hulk
Sentry powers her up, and she drops him 50% of the time 10 times out of ten.

tsscls
Sentry 7/10

tkitna
Sentry

Redlineshifter
Depends. There is a slight chance that Sentry's energy could power up a Kryptonian. Otherwise; Sentry, Sentry, Sentry.

A psychologically unbalanced character vs. an emotionally unstable teenager would be a fun match, though.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry

Superman XX5
sentry

DeathKap
Sentry.

HawkinPoop!
Supergirl would drop him...ermm

Stoic
Sentry

zeel
sentry

Avlon
Supergirl stomps.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Avlon
Supergirl stomps. Based on what exactly?

fangirl101
Sentry. 7/10

Philosophía
Supergirl.

ultimatethor
sentry

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on what exactly?

base on his ultra fanboyishness against all things marvel

Zack Fair
Supergirl wins by turning around and bending over. This causes a chain reaction inside Bob's psyche that forces him to stare at her. When he starts to imagine the good stuff Kara pummels him into submission.

Avlon
Based on what exactly?

hmmm...let's see...

Dropped the JLA.
Beat a krytonite man.
Accidentally destroyed a moon.
Beat a version of ultraman.
Stopped an earthquake with a whistle.
Has one shotted Solomun Grundy.
Owned Blackrock.
Stalemated and had the better of Mon-EL (Daxamite)
Knocks and taunts Lobo around for fun.
Due to the solar based abilities of being kryptonian, Sentry may power her up...

Yea, I'd say she can handle Sentry...

Avlon
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
base on his ultra fanboyishness against all things marvel

Using logic helps. Try it some time.
smile

vansonbee
hmmm...let's see...

Dropped the JLA.
Beat a krytonite man.
Owned Blackrock.
Due to the solar based abilities of being kryptonian, Sentry may power her up...

Yea, I'd say she can handle Sentry...
so all this from current super girl one who fought with Power girl?

Who did she fight in JLA? Was it serious intention to take her down? or restraining?

Power up part is debatable.

Rest wasn't important for a match

Avlon
Originally posted by vansonbee
so all this from current super girl one who fought with Power girl?

Who did she fight in JLA? Was it serious intention to take her down? or restraining?

Power up part is debatable.

Rest wasn't important for a match

Here's a better question. What has or can Sentry do to compare?

The Great Galen
1 upskirt is all it takes, Sentry BRF's himself into a room with a lock for some relief.

quanchi112
hmmm...let's see...

Dropped the JLA.
Beat a krytonite man.
Owned Blackrock.

Yea, I'd say she can handle Sentry... Who were the members of the jla at the time?

Destroying a moon really impresses you?

What does stopping an earthquake with a whistle have to do with who wins this fight?

Sentry can also ko her. He has also stalemated WW Hulk until their reverted back to their human bodies,traded blows with Genis-vell(who would rape Superman or Supergirl imo),conatined the power of a cosmic cube(since we are listing cool feats),raped Terrax like he was nothing.

Sentry is physically too much for her imo. WW Hulk would break her imo and Sentry seemed to be the only one who could take him on and go blow for blow.

iceman24567
Supergirl could get a couple wins but a majority not sure.

Badabing
Who were the members of the jla at the time?

What does stopping an earthquake with a whistle have to do with who wins this fight?

Sentry can also ko her. He has also stalemated WW Hulk until their reverted back to their human bodies,traded blows with Genis-vell(who would rape Superman or Supergirl imo),conatined the power of a cosmic cube(since we are listing cool feats),raped Terrax like he was nothing.

Sentry is physically too much for her imo. WW Hulk would break her imo and Sentry seemed to be the only one who could take him on and go blow for blow. facepalm imo....

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
facepalm imo.... Whats wrong with putting imo? Fine, I wont do it anymore.

Badabing
Whats wrong with putting imo? Fine, I wont do it anymore. laughing out loud

People are really getting upset with this facepalm smilie.

I'll go back to the dur then.

fangirl101
Sentry and Supergirl both had big build ups and then got more regular.
He's Probably on the edge between Mid herald and Upper Herald. She's most definitely High Meta, low Herald.

Mindset
Originally posted by fangirl101
Sentry and Supergirl both had big build ups and then got more regular.
He's Probably on the edge between Mid herald and Upper Herald. She's most definitely High Meta, low Herald. I agree no expression

The Great Galen
Assuming he doesn't amp her up..I'd say she still takes it.

-K-M-
Supergirl, especially with the more recent Sentry apperances

Philosophía
base on his ultra fanboyishness against all things marvel Originally posted by Avlon
Using logic helps. Try it some time.
smile

He doesn't do that ..

thor kicks ares's ass from here to kingdom come

and this is all base on my ultra thor fanboyism.

Avlon
Who were the members of the jla at the time?

So you know nothing of her and yet made a decision towards your favorite company regardless... LOL

All stuff that Kara would do with ease. Where are the impressive feats? WWH...LMAO...get that crap outta here. Kara topped his best feat effortlessly with a whistle.

Sentry is physically too much for her imo. WW Hulk would break her imo and Sentry seemed to be the only one who could take him on and go blow for blow.

Please....she could kick WWH to the other side of the earth without even trying. WWH and Sentry could barely knock each other across the block.

Avlon

tkitna
Originally posted by -K-M-
Supergirl, especially with the more recent Sentry apperances

What recent Sentry apperances? He hasent been in a comic for four months now (not counting 'Age Of Sentry'). The recent Sentry is merged with the Void.

The Pict
Originally posted by Badabing
facepalm imo....

eek! laughing out loud That's what I was thinking!

Supergirl takes the majority.

fangirl101
Sentry in my opinion is being a little under rated and SG being over rated. Both Superman and Wonder Woman have pwned SG with ease. She couldn't even put Miss Martian Down with any finality. And it took the entire TT to take on lobo including Super Girl. She isn't even herald level in my opinion. The Hulk can take her down and he's at the very bottom of herald level. Sentry is just more powerful. He's a nut, but he'd pwn her in 7/10 fights. Losing the other 3 due to his insanity.

DeathKap
Setry ftw. i dont like Sentry, but he wins.

quanchi112
So you know nothing of her and yet made a decision towards your favorite company regardless... LOL

All stuff that Kara would do with ease. Where are the impressive feats? WWH...LMAO...get that crap outta here. Kara topped his best feat effortlessly with a whistle.

Please....she could kick WWH to the other side of the earth without even trying. WWH and Sentry could barely knock each other across the block. I know some of Supergirl and I know she is less than Superman and WW. So,how could I give her the win over Sentry when I feel he beats all three of them.

You really think stopping an earthquake with a whistle is better than anything Hulk has ever done?

What are you basing this off of?

Prime and Ion couldnt even destroy their landscape either. So,does that mean Prime is weaker than Sentry? no expression

Zack Fair
Don't know much about Supergirl's newest feats, but I remember her intro with her kicking the JLA's butt while making them look like chumps. Eventually Superman and Diana grounded her to teach her some humility, but she is still top tier IMO.

fangirl101
I know some of Supergirl and I know she is less than Superman and WW. So,how could I give her the win over Sentry when I feel he beats all three of them.

See there you go with your feelings. LMAO. You feel that he can beat wonder Woman and or Superman? Sorry. No. He can't.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Don't know much about Supergirl's newest feats, but I remember her intro with her kicking the JLA's butt while making them look like chumps. Eventually Superman and Diana grounded her to teach her some humility, but she is still top tier IMO. I agree that she is top tier.Originally posted by fangirl101
See there you go with your feelings. LMAO. You feel that he can beat wonder Woman and or Superman? Sorry. No. He can't. I feel he can. I guess we just disagree.

-K-M-
What recent Sentry apperances? He hasent been in a comic for four months now (not counting 'Age Of Sentry'). The recent Sentry is merged with the Void.

He;s been in Avengers/Invaders and in the recent issue that just came out he seemed to be having quite a deal of trouble against Namor (second time they breifly fought) and Wolverine.

I'm also talking about his other low showings he has been having as of late in Mighty Avengers, Fantastic Four, Damage Control, etc.

The Great Galen
Hmm, SG is pretty good and Sentry would just power her up...hes gone IMO.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Hmm, SG is pretty good and Sentry would just power her up...hes gone IMO. So,he cant ko her?

Mindset
We don't know if Sentry would power her up, why are you stating it as if it's a fact?

fangirl101
Dr. Light Doesn't power up Superman when he attacks. They have to specifically be ready to absorb the energy and turn it into energy. So I don't see Sentry doing anything but beating SG.

The Great Galen
Well we dont know SS can create red sun radiation or k-nite yet its perfectly valid in vs debates for some reason. His power amps her....hes a battery for her basically.

fangirl101
Well we dont know SS can create red sun radiation or k-nite yet its perfectly valid in vs debates for some reason. His power amps her....hes a battery for her basically.
I'm not one of those people who think SS would even know to use red sunlight on superman. He gets general knowlege on superman. Most general knowlege is that kryptonite works. And it's getting so that only specific wave lengths of that can do any good. But I don't think sentry will be powering up kara. he will beat her. Not a slaughter, but he is just a tier above her imo.

Mindset
Well we dont know SS can create red sun radiation or k-nite yet its perfectly valid in vs debates for some reason. His power amps her....hes a battery for her basically. We know SS has matter manipulation and comsmic awareness, we also know he has used he cosmic awareness to create a substance he has never encountered. We know SS can create radiation, and creating a radiation that is not unique to the DC universe, such as red solar radiation, is within his powerset.

We don't know what kind of energy Sentry even emits.

Stop trying to make correlations between things that don't even exist.

ultimatethor

Nonsensical analogy. Surfer creating red sun radition and what not is because of his high level control of the EMP spectrum and other energy types. Sentry powering supergirl up isnt the same because we dont know if the energy sentry releases is pure solar energy or light or fire etc.

Zack Fair
A million exploding suns anyone?

*Runs out*

Stoic
Originally posted by Mindset
We don't know if Sentry would power her up, why are you stating it as if it's a fact?

I know right!

Mindset
Originally posted by Zack Fair
A million exploding suns anyone?

*Runs out* Which doesn't tell us what kind of energy he emits.

*trips*

The Great Galen
We know SS has matter manipulation and comsmic awareness, we also know he has used he cosmic awareness to create a substance he has never encountered. We know SS can create radiation, and creating a radiation that is not unique to the DC universe, such as red solar radiation, is within his powerset.

We don't know what kind of energy Sentry even emits.

Stop trying to make correlations between things that don't even exist.

LMAO, anyways powering her up wouldn't go good in his favor. Besides this is the same guy who has problems with Namor. A million exploding sun...yet we dont know what kind of energy. Well hey thats okay SS can create k-nite or red sun either so meh, alls fair and good.

quanchi112
We don't know if Sentry would power her up, why are you stating it as if it's a fact? Exactly.Originally posted by The Great Galen
Well we dont know SS can create red sun radiation or k-nite yet its perfectly valid in vs debates for some reason. His power amps her....hes a battery for her basically. This is your interpretation..thats it.

Mindset
LMAO, anyways powering her up wouldn't go good in his favor. Besides this is the same guy who has problems with Namor. So I'm taking this as you don't have a reasonable response so you're trying to laugh it off.

Yes, 2 whole panels of Sentry not beating Namor, even though we know Sentry holds back and he is not trying to hurt Namor.

Good job

ultimatethor
So I'm taking this as you don't have a reasonable response so you're trying to laugh it off.

Yes, 2 whole panels of Sentry not beating Namor, even though we know Sentry holds back and he is not trying to hurt Namor.

Good job

In one thread he goes on about sentry not beating namor and in the next he talks about how he beats silver surfer. roll eyes (sarcastic)

fangirl101
Sentry had trouble with Namor? Goodness.

Mindset
Originally posted by fangirl101
Sentry had trouble with Namor? Goodness. No, not really.

We haven't even seen a whole fight.

What they're going off of is if we see Superman get punched by someone once and saying he had trouble with them

Zack Fair
Which doesn't tell us what kind of energy he emits.

*trips*

*Lands face first. Grabs a nearby mirror and finds himself scarred...laughing like a maniac while swearing revenge on he who scarred him dur*

-K-M-
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/AI_5_Oroboros_DCP_006-007.jpg

*this is the 2nd breif fight they have (w/ Wolverine)

Mindset
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/AI_5_Oroboros_DCP_006-007.jpg

*this is the 2nd breif fight they have (w/ Wolverine) We've seen how Sentry can handle Wolverine before in Wolverine's own comic, and we know that Sentry would not be trying to hurt Namor since they are trying to just contain them.

Young Namor couldn't even win a real fight against current Namor, it'd be stupid to think Sentry couldn't handle him.

The Great Galen
We've seen how Sentry can handle Wolverine before in Wolverine's own comic, and we know that Sentry would not be trying to hurt Namor since they are trying to just contain them.

Young Namor couldn't even win a real fight against current Namor, it'd be stupid to think Sentry couldn't handle him.

Except that he didnt handle him in a on-panel fight...what is ther to infer honestly" He can't beat Namor...deal with it.

-K-M-
We've seen how Sentry can handle Wolverine before in Wolverine's own comic, and we know that Sentry would not be trying to hurt Namor since they are trying to just contain them.

and yet he still couldn't even do that...twice.

Ooook? because old Namor allowed him to win to show him a lesson? Soooo point of even bringing that up? Not stupid as he didn't...twice.

Mindset
Except that he didnt handle him in a on-panel fight...what is ther to infer honestly" He can't beat Namor...deal with it. What I have to deal with is you inane posts.

occultdestroyer
Probably Sentry

Mindset
and yet he still couldn't even do that...twice.

Ooook? because old Namor allowed him to win to show him a lesson? Soooo point of even bringing that up? Not stupid as he didn't...twice. Ok, and you have 2 panels of him trying then doing something else. These are stories, having Sentry capture them all in a couple minutes would ruin the story, we know Sentry can take on much more than Namor from his many other feats.

The point was young Namor couldn't beat the current Namor, and Sentry has shown to be more powerful than current Namor.

Get it?

The Great Galen
Namor is unbeatable to Sentry...it happened so get over it. It isnt like I write the stories at marvel so just accept a on-panel feat for once buddy.

-K-M-
Ok, and you have 2 panels of him trying then doing something else. These are stories, having Sentry capture them all in a couple minutes would ruin the story, we know Sentry can take on much more than Namor from his countless other feats.

The point was young Namor could beat the current Namor, and Sentry has shown to be more powerful than current Namor.

Get it?

2 panels of what we have seen, but it's pretty clear there was more or how else would they move on? It's a story? Ok, but that means we ignore what happens in the comics? Even in the same series Iron Fist had no problems dodging a bull-rushing Sentry.

He could? Oh? and how do you figure that? your basing that off of a fight old namor literally intentially threw to teach young namor a lesson? Errr?

Mindset
Namor is unbeatable to Sentry...it happened so get over it. It isnt like I write the stories at marvel so just accept a on-panel feat for once buddy. You're either joking or an idiot, I really don't care which one. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stoic
This seems like a good topic. Namor vs Sentry?

Mindset
2 panels of what we have seen, but it's pretty clear there was more or how else would they move on? It's a story? Ok, but that means we ignore what happens in the comics? Even in the same series Iron Fist had no problems dodging a bull-rushing Sentry.

He could? Oh? and how do you figure that? your basing that off of a fight old namor literally intentially threw to teach young namor a lesson? Errr?

So you take everything in a story as fact at face value? Spiderman can ko Firelord, BP can armbar SS? What does IF dodging Sentry show?

How do I figure Sentry is stronger than both Namors? Namor ever beat a herald, do you think Namor is capable of stalemating WWH?

I'm gonna drop the fights between the Namors because I don't think you get what I'm trying to say.

fascistcrusader
Sentry takes this at least 8/10.

The Great Galen
So you take everything in a story as fact at face value? Spiderman can ko Firelord, BP can armbar SS? What does IF dodging Sentry show?

How do I figure Sentry is stronger than both Namors? Namor ever beat a herald, do you think Namor is capable of stalemating WWH?

I'm gonna drop the fights between the Namors because I don't think you get what I'm trying to say.

So basically what I'm getting from you is"well it happened on-panel but I don't like it so I will ignore it". Are you trying to claim you know more then the actual publisher now?

Mindset
So basically what I'm getting from you is"well it happened on-panel but I don't like it so I will ignore it". Are you trying to claim you know more then the actual publisher now? I know more than you.

-K-M-

Spider-Man and Fireload actually explained the fight and why FL wasn't going all out, Black Panther was silly, but do we know for a fact SS couldn't break free? Nope. Shows Sentry's uber speed and reflexes which people on this board have said is far greater then Superman's.

Thing beat the same herald Sentry did erm. Unlikely, but Sentry had to go full out to do that and that's not a tactic Sentry often uses at all.

Your the one who said young Namor can take old Namor, so back it up.

The Great Galen
Really, so then why are you ignoring the fights between Namor and sentry?

Mindset
Spider-Man and Fireload actually explained the fight and why FL wasn't going all out, Black Panther was silly, but do we know for a fact SS couldn't break free? Nope. Shows Sentry's uber speed and reflexes which people on this board have said is far greater then Superman's.

Thing beat the same herald Sentry did erm. Unlikely, but Sentry had to go full out to do that and that's not a tactic Sentry often uses at all.

Your the one who said young Namor can take old Namor, so back it up.
Does FL holding back explain how someone with class 10-15 strength was able to knock him out? Do we know SS could break free? Nope. I don't believe I was talking about Sentry's speed so I don't care, even though he has shown to be able to handle IM and Wolverine speed wise.

Got scans of the fight with Terrax? Sentry didn't have to go full out to beat the female Ultron, who was running through the rest of the MA.

I was saying young Namor COULDN'T take old Namor the whole time no expression

Mindset
Really, so then why are you ignoring the fights between Namor and sentry? When I see a real fight between the two I'll see who's better.

Until then Sentry has the feats to back up him being stronger.

fangirl101
Sentry is Superior to SG. She had a hard time with miss martian. And she had a team with her and still couldn't dent Lobo. She's not in the same catagory of power as Sentry.

Sasaraixx
Sentry

-K-M-
Does FL holding back explain how someone with class 10-15 strength was able to knock him out? Do we know SS could break free? Nope. I don't believe I was talking about Sentry's speed so I don't care, even though he has shown to be able to handle IM and Wolverine speed wise.

Got scans of the fight with Terrax? Sentry didn't have to go full out to beat the female Ultron, who was running through the rest of the MA.

I was saying young Namor COULDN'T take old Namor the whole time no expression

Yes, because if your basically restricting your power and not amping his abilities he isn't that strong. Amping himself up Firelord can reach class 50, but he didn't do that. Also Spider-Man has beat even stronger people then class 50 before. Look at a boxing match a smaller oppoent can knock out a stronger one if the stronger one is to loose in a fight. Sweet, we don't know if he could or couldn't break free so not really a good example then was it?

No, and ok? Mighty Avengers sans Sentry are really not that strong even teenage Namor showed he was superior to majority of everyone on that team in the first Avengers/invaders issue.

"The point was young Namor could beat the current Namor, and Sentry has shown to be more powerful than current Namor." and even then your ignoring the context

Mindset
Yes, because if your basically restricting your power and not amping his abilities he isn't that strong. Amping himself up Firelord can reach class 50, but he didn't do that. Also Spider-Man has beat even stronger people then class 50 before. Look at a boxing match a smaller oppoent can knock out a stronger one if the stronger one is to loose in a fight. Sweet, we don't know if he could or couldn't break free so not really a good example then was it?

No, and ok? Mighty Avengers sans Sentry are really not that strong even teenage Namor showed he was superior to majority of everyone on that team in the first Avengers/invaders issue.

"The point was young Namor could beat the current Namor, and Sentry has shown to be more powerful than current Namor." and even then your ignoring the context

Since when did the heralds need to amp themselves to increase durability? What does a boxing match have that is similar, boxers are relatively close in strength in their weightclass. Spiderman and Firelord are not.

If we going off of what was shown and said SS couldn't break free, and since we are just going off that without thinking about SS other appearances, then SS could not free himself.

Did Namor even fight the entire MA, I don't remember him fighting Ares, Simon, or Ms Marvel.

That's nice, except the first post you quoted I said younger Namor couldn't beat the current one, that is just a typo that I corrected a minute after posting...

How am I ignoring context? I'm not going off 2 panels of one punch being thrown, which you are to prove Sentry can't beat Namor. Younger Namor was throwing punches that were not capable of beating the current one.

-K-M-
Since when did the heralds need to amp themselves to increase durability? What does a boxing match have that is similar, boxers are relatively close in strength in their weightclass. Spiderman and Firelord are not.

If we going off of what was shown and said SS couldn't break free, and since we are just going off that without thinking about SS other appearances, then SS could not free himself.

Did Namor even fight the entire MA, I don't remember him fighting Ares, Simon, or Ms Marvel.

That's nice, except the first post you quoted I said younger Namor couldn't beat the current one, that is just a typo that I corrected a minute after posting...

How am I ignoring context? I'm not going off 2 panels of one punch being thrown, which you are to prove Sentry can't beat Namor. Younger Namor was throwing punches that were not capable of beating the current one.

Apparently Firelord does, as he has been hurt by attacks where he shouldn't be in the past. It even makes complete sense that's how his abilities work. Yeah and Firelord and Spider-Man are similar in physical abilities that's the point. We know for a fact Firelord has to amp his strength to reach class 50, so taking away most of his cosmic abilities greatly reduces him. Even to be on Spider-Man's level which was shown.

Still not the same thing, as we did see Sentry and Namor fight...twice and both times he didn't put him away. BP held SS literally for a few seconds so it's not the same at all. One thing we clearly see the other is speculation

Did I say he fought them all? and I'm pretty sure he did fight WM and Ares actually (and from memory at the same time or close to it). He definetly didn't fight Ms.Marvel though

Except when I made my reply the error was still there, and why doesn't your post say you edited it?

Ummm...that's not ignoring context. Ignoring context is blantly ignoring an instance in a comic that was stated in the comic and not based on speculation. We know the namor fight was thrown on purpose, but your ignoring that...that's ignoring context. We see Sentry go toe to toe with Namor twice and he didn't capture or put him down both times. We see that, that's not speculation or ignoring context. Once again your using speculation, do you know how much old namor felt young namor punches? do you know he couldn't beat him for sure? No to all, your using speculation as an example to contradict from two seperate events that happened in the comics and we clearly see. Not the same thing at all. Also not once did I say Sentry CAN'T beat Namor. Nor have I even claimed that or implied. All I said Namor has given Sentry a hard time and he has...twice, and we have seen that as both times in their breif fight Namor has looked pretty good. Did Sentry capture or put Namor away in their fights? No. but can he? it's possible, but we didn't see the full outcome.

tkitna
He;s been in Avengers/Invaders and in the recent issue that just came out he seemed to be having quite a deal of trouble against Namor (second time they breifly fought) and Wolverine.

I havent picked up the recent Avengers/Invaders book so I cant vouch for it, but if they have him being portrayed as struggling against Namor, that writer missed the boat. Wolverine? Been done before and Sentry destroyed with him in a matter of seconds. What was that fight, all of 5 or 6 panels. Wolverine couldnt even hit him.

What low showings in Mighty Avengers and Fantastic Four? I'm seriously curious because I might have missed something. Damage Control? I guess i'll conceed that he got knocked out by a living skyscraper, but you should still feel ashamed of yourself for reaching that low.

Superman XX5
Sentry wins this handily.

-K-M-
What low showings in Mighty Avengers and Fantastic Four? I'm seriously curious because I might have missed something. Damage Control? I guess i'll conceed that he got knocked out by a living skyscraper, but you should still feel ashamed of yourself for reaching that low.

Getting one shotted from the sneak attack by Ms.Marvel-helicarrier, and losing to the Cap Robot twice in FF. Also no I really don't feel low at all

tkitna
Getting one shotted from the sneak attack by Ms.Marvel-helicarrier, and losing to the Cap Robot twice in FF. Also no I really don't feel low at all

Was the Sentry KO'd after the cheap shot? Do you feel that Carol could beat Bob? Hell, she's scared to death of him. The Cap Robot was a potential threat to the entire Earth and its population. No hero could beat it. Reed had to use a bigger plot device to beat the already huge plot device that was the Cap Robot (storyline so bad, I dropped the book afterwards). As for Damage Control, I've seen more realistic stories in Gold Key comics, but if your proud of a story with a talking skyscraper, so be it.

Zack Fair
IMO One-Shotting people when they are not ready for the attack is not that impressive for the character that pulls it off unless there is a vast difference in strength/durability. Kinda like Spider-Man oneshotting Supes...that would be impressive but stupid.

quanchi112
So basically what I'm getting from you is"well it happened on-panel but I don't like it so I will ignore it". Are you trying to claim you know more then the actual publisher now? Like you never do this.

-K-M-
Was the Sentry KO'd after the cheap shot? Do you feel that Carol could beat Bob? Hell, she's scared to death of him. The Cap Robot was a potential threat to the entire Earth and its population. No hero could beat it. Reed had to use a bigger plot device to beat the already huge plot device that was the Cap Robot (storyline so bad, I dropped the book afterwards). As for Damage Control, I've seen more realistic stories in Gold Key comics, but if your proud of a story with a talking skyscraper, so be it.

She amped herself up, without amping of course she would stand no chance. Except people on this board keep stating Sentry is on Galactus level (not you, but there have been several)

tkitna
No, I dont pretend that he's anywhere near Galactus, but he does get a raw deal around here. I know Marvel kind of pushed him onto everybody and hyped him up, but he is a beast. I cant wait to see what he does now that he's merged with Void.

quanchi112
No, I dont pretend that he's anywhere near Galactus, but he does get a raw deal around here. I know Marvel kind of pushed him onto everybody and hyped him up, but he is a beast. I cant wait to see what he does now that he's merged with Void. I do agree that he gets the raw deal on kmc.

Redlineshifter
I do agree that he gets the raw deal on kmc.

I think it is because he doesn't have a large base of feats to draw a consistent average from. He goes from catching Terrax's axe to getting juggled by Namor (Despite how this can be interpreted, it does LOOK like Sentry is having trouble with Namor).

quanchi112
Originally posted by Redlineshifter
I think it is because he doesn't have a large base of feats to draw a consistent average from. He goes from catching Terrax's axe to getting juggled by Namor (Despite how this can be interpreted, it does LOOK like Sentry is having trouble with Namor). He prolly was using less power against Namor.

Enyalus
I really hate Sentry. And I really like Kara. But, Sentry wins. At least 8/10 times, if Kara is lucky.

As for him maybe powering her up - his power clearly isn't yellow sun radiation. Female Ultron was attempting to figure it out and couldn't even.

And while we're on the topic of Ultron...Sentry was deforming her face with his punches and ends up tearing her head off. This is also the guy who tanked Blackbolt's voice, overloaded Absorbing Man, stalemated WWH - who is called by Dr. Strange and the writers of World War Hulk the most powerful incarnation of the Hulk, and stalemated Genis-Vell - who has traded punches with Maestro and was showing up King Thor in Asgard.

Avlon brought up Kara destroying a moon by accident. That's impressive, true. But Sentry's battle with Photon (Genis) was destroying entire planets simply from the output of power - and they both were holding back.

The Void, who has the same power as Sentry, effortlessly broke every bone in Hulk's body simply to prove a point.

Kara might get two wins, but it'd be via a fluke. Otherwise Bob pulls a Prime or WWIII BA and punches a hole through her....he'll stand over her body crying afterward.

Redlineshifter
When did Sentry show up King Thor in Asgard? How did I miss this?!?

tkitna
Originally posted by Redlineshifter
When did Sentry show up King Thor in Asgard? How did I miss this?!?

He said Genis did, not Sentry.

batdude123

quanchi112
He said Genis did, not Sentry. He sure did.

Redlineshifter
He said Genis did, not Sentry.

Oh, sorry about that. Reading comprehension is a real struggle, sometimes. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.