Mirrors Edge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

k1Lla441
Looking to be one of the best games to look forward too of the year.

Mirros Edge is a first person parkour style action game. Most of you may not be famliar with Parkour, but it is the art of movement. Just think of a Prince of Persia type game, in 1st person, and in a big city. that sounds pretty cool to me. One of the few games in its genre, Mirrors Edge is shaping up to be a Really good game.

ragesRemorse
looks like a lot of fun. This game is going to hinge entirely on the controls. Let's hope they got them right.

k1Lla441
Yea there kinda taking a shot in the dark for this game.... lets hope they hit the target wink

Nemesis X
What's the plot of Mirrors Edge? Is this game supposed to be out in late 2008?

Morridini
I really liked what I saw during the EA press conference.

As for the plot, it is set somewhere in the future, all lines of communication is either oppressed or controlled by the government, so they have created these runners who run around with important messages to and from people, we would play one Runner.

Nemesis X
Just running around to deliver messages? Sucky plot but at least the fighting, shooting, and running around looks good.

Neo Darkhalen
This game will be fantastic if done right.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Just running around to deliver messages? Sucky plot but at least the fighting, shooting, and running around looks good.

While the plot is a little vague right now, i recall reading that faith's (player controlled character) sister is kidnapped by the government and now she goes out to save her.

And as Morridini said the government is an oppression and she is a runner.

Peach
The game looks ****ing amazing and I cannot wait for it to come out.

Mirror's Edge, along with Prince of Persia, are the two games I'm really looking forward to this fall and both I really want to come out now because I want to play them so badly.

General Kaliero
From what we've seen of the game, with its focus on the character, the plot is likely much deeper than what has so far been revealed.

In my opinion, the visual style and how tight the camera control is will make or break this game. And I am desperately hoping for it to succeed.

Peach
Originally posted by General Kaliero
From what we've seen of the game, with its focus on the character, the plot is likely much deeper than what has so far been revealed.

In my opinion, the visual style and how tight the camera control is will make or break this game. And I am desperately hoping for it to succeed.

God yes. I really hope this game turns out as good as it looks to be.

And Nemesis X, the game actually has an active emphasis away from combat. It's there, yes, but it's secondary to all other objectives in the game. Guns have to be discarded once empty, the weapons Faith has can hinder her if they're large enough...you can get an achievement for not firing a single bullet throughout the game.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Peach
The game looks ****ing amazing and I cannot wait for it to come out.

Mirror's Edge, along with Prince of Persia, are the two games I'm really looking forward to this fall and both I really want to come out now because I want to play them so badly.

Same, along with Fable II.

Morridini
you can get an achievement for not firing a single bullet throughout the game.

That is one of the main things I really like about this game, I always love to get that option. In games like Splinter Cell I never ever kill (or even knock out) any guards unless I really really have to. I just love to have the possibility to choose.

Neo Darkhalen
Also gun's will weigh you down, make you slower etc. I'm going to treat this game more like a puzzle/adventure then an FPS, i won't be using guns i don't think.

General Kaliero
The funny thing is I intended to completely forgo guns before they even announced there was an achievement for doing so.

Nemesis X
The game does look like it deserves to be bought. Can't wait for it to come out. If there is less fighting in the game then oh well. At least the graphics and the way you move around Spiderman-style looks awesome.

THE JLRTENJAC
I like the fact that it strays away from combat, It adds a certain uniqueness to the game since, in the vast majority of games, combat is usually a key feature.

k1Lla441
God yes. I really hope this game turns out as good as it looks to be.

Yea, that would be awesome of it was extremely good. the one thing unique about it is that it is 1st person, which kinda changes a lot of things for the parkour style. Lets all just hope EA dice really nails it with this one.

Peach
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Also gun's will weigh you down, make you slower etc. I'm going to treat this game more like a puzzle/adventure then an FPS, i won't be using guns i don't think.

I already mentioned that the guns can hinder you stick out tongue

The funny thing is I intended to completely forgo guns before they even announced there was an achievement for doing so.

Same here. It'd be an interesting and fun challenge.

Nemesis X
So who's the bad guy in this game?

Morridini
Why do you assume there's a bad guy? Also as you should have understood, we have hardly any info on the plot yet, no one can say anything more atm.

General Kaliero
So who's the bad guy in this game?
Probably the totalitarian police state that you're actively working against as a rebel...

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Morridini
Why do you assume there's a bad guy? Also as you should have understood, we have hardly any info on the plot yet, no one can say anything more atm.

Well seeing as how the guys who made Mirrors Edge gave info about who the main character is, why couldn't they have mentioned the bad guy as well? You don't have to sound rude you know, just because I don't know what you don't know enough about the game. Sheesh!

Peach
Well seeing as how the guys who made Mirrors Edge gave info about who the main character is, why couldn't they have mentioned the bad guy as well? You don't have to sound rude you know, just because I don't know what you don't know enough about the game. Sheesh!

There's been very little info released on the game, is his point. We know a basic outline of the setting, the plot, the main character, and that's it.

And it seems to me as though there is no single bad guy.

Nemesis X
I was just wondering who the bad guy was because someone's running the government right?

General Kaliero
I was just wondering who the bad guy was because someone's running the government right?
Not that we know of.

Neo Darkhalen

It could be anyone, it could even be a machine for all we know.

k1Lla441
I got the plot down, so here it goes. A girl named faith is one of many runners who deliver messages to people and places ( you probably already know this) but her sister, who happens to be a cop, is framed for a murder that she didnt commit, and now faith has to go and free her while finding out what really happened.

Thats pretty much it. Other than that, half of the game is going to be played on rooftops and the other half is going to be played inside buildings.

Smasandian
It looks cool, but I can also being a one trick pony.

THE JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by k1Lla441
I got the plot down, so here it goes. A girl named faith is one of many runners who deliver messages to people and places ( you probably already know this) but her sister, who happens to be a cop, is framed for a murder that she didnt commit, and now faith has to go and free her while finding out what really happened.

Thats pretty much it. Other than that, half of the game is going to be played on rooftops and the other half is going to be played inside buildings.

Interesting... very interesting...

k1Lla441
Yea i think its a pretty cool game, and hope it does well.

Nemesis X
Mirrors Edge looks like it'll be one of 2008's greatest. Anyone think that it'll get a sequel a couple years later?

It's always sequels with me........

Outbound
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t483563.html

Nobody posted in my thread 6 months ago, hate you all schmoll

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Outbound
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t483563.html

Nobody posted in my thread 6 months ago, hate you all schmoll

laughing

Morridini
Maybe EA hacked the forum and suppressed because of your last comment.....

Neo Darkhalen
Guess what apparently Mirror's edge will be more then a trilogy, apparently the first 3 games will be set around faith while the games afterwards will branch out further...way to milk a franchise before it's already begun, although at this point no one knows for certain if it could be true.

http://www.screwattack.com/HardNews/101408

There's the vid for it.

Smasandian
Great.....another ****ing trilogy.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by Smasandian
nah.... more than a trilogy

Schwarzenegger
Mirrors Edge looks like it'll be one of 2008's greatest. Anyone think that it'll get a sequel a couple years later?

It's always sequels with me........ I doubt it would be as great as GTA IV.

Nemesis X

What's wrong with trilogies dude?

Smasandian
Just seems like every new game is automatically made into a trilogy.

jalek moye
lol thats kinda true

Peach
Originally posted by Schwarzenegger
I doubt it would be as great as GTA IV.

Will it do as well in sales?

No, not likely. It strikes me as the sort of game that will fly under the radar of most people.

Will it be a better game?

I don't think it's very difficult for that. GTAIV, once you get past the hype, doesn't really stand out that much.

Neo Darkhalen
Will it do as well in sales?

No, not likely. It strikes me as the sort of game that will fly under the radar of most people.

I don't think it's very difficult for that. GTAIV, once you get past the hype, doesn't really stand out that much.

GTA IV is good until you finish the story, after that....well yeah it's just plain and boring.

Schwarzenegger

I don't think it's very difficult for that. GTAIV, once you get past the hype, doesn't really stand out that much. Doesn't stand out that much? What on earth are you talking about? The fact that it isn't great anymore when you finish the story?

Any game gets boring when you finish the main storyline( an exception is oblivion).

Right it wouldn't be difficult for mirror's edge to be a better game than GTA IV simply because you say so, then i am wondering why did GTA IV get such praise and such great reviews from so many different websites if it "doesn't stand out that much".

What you just said is absurd really.

Smasandian
Even though I think GTA4 is overrated, its still one of the better designed games in the past few years.

To be better than GTA4, Mirrors Edge has to do alot of things well.

And I cant really see that happening. It looks like it could be fun, but I think it might turn into a one trick pony like Assassins Creed.

k1Lla441
Doesn't stand out that much? What on earth are you talking about? The fact that it isn't great anymore when you finish the story?

Any game gets boring when you finish the main storyline( an exception is oblivion).

Right it wouldn't be difficult for mirror's edge to be a better game than GTA IV simply because you say so, then i am wondering why did GTA IV get such praise and such great reviews from so many different websites if it "doesn't stand out that much".

What you just said is absurd really.

No, it got good reviews because it is similar in many ways to san andreas, which is a really good game. Also, just because it got good ratings doesnt necassarily mean its going to stand out. there are plenty of games that had good ratings from a lot of magazines that got looked over a lot.

There are plenty of games that are still fun after the story line. A really good example IMO is ratchet and clank. after you beat the game there are more weapons to unlock, buy, and upgrade, along with new armor and weapons mods, which makes playing more than once a normal thing. Just because GTA's mindless running and killing around gets boring after the story line, doesnt mean that other games get boring after the storyline.

To many people out there, GTA is an overrated game that isnt that fun. It would take some work to make mirrors edge better than it, but there is a big possiblity.

Schwarzenegger
No, it got good reviews because it is similar in many ways to san andreas, which is a really good game. Also, just because it got good ratings doesnt necassarily mean its going to stand out. there are plenty of games that had good ratings from a lot of magazines that got looked over a lot.
But the sad fact is that GTA IV DID stand out, just accept it and move on. So what now? It doesn't stand out "juz cuz you say so"?

There are plenty of games that are still fun after the story line. A really good example IMO is ratchet and clank. after you beat the game there are more weapons to unlock, buy, and upgrade, along with new armor and weapons mods, which makes playing more than once a normal thing. Just because GTA's mindless running and killing around gets boring after the story line, doesnt mean that other games get boring after the storyline. And that makes it better than GTA IV how? People have their own taste's, likes and dislikes.

Like i said in my earlier post, i still find oblivion fun to play after completing the main quest, but does that mean its greater or a better game than gta 4? Hell no. We all have our likes and dislikes.

But to even speculate that mirrors edge would surpass GTA IV before you had even played the game is just total bull.

To many people out there, GTA is an overrated game that isnt that fun. It would take some work to make mirrors edge better than it, but there is a big possiblity. Actually it is going to take massive work for mirror's edge to be even half of what GTA 4 was.

Oh, so its "possible" that mirror's edge is going to surpass gta Iv? Right, theres also a "possibility" that the mirror's edge universe is taking place in a microscopic scale of george bush's rectum, without evidence to support that that, don't claim it.

And talk about many people claiming GTA IV is "overrated", to twice the amount of people, that game is "extremely good". Not everyone may like GTA like games, but that isn't going to make mirror's edge a better game than gta 4.

General Kaliero
Schwarzenegger, just accept that some people have different taste in games than you.

There are those of us that scoff at Halo and think GTA IV just wasn't that much fun. Personally, I got bored with GTA IV before I'd got anywhere near the end of the story. Some games just don't appeal to some people.

And good reviews are not always an indication of good quality. In many cases they're just a bit askew, thanks to brand name. Could you imagine a Halo game getting anything other than a shining golden review? Or the next painfully-long-in-coming, far-too-short-to-be-worth-it episode of Half-Life? Or the next big Mario platformer? No. Some games get good reviews simply for being the game they are.

For many people, Mirror's Edge is going to be a better game than GTA IV. It will catch their eye better and hold their attention longer, because to us it is a more interesting game.

Peach
Do you not see the hypocrisy in going on about how GTA is great and that Mirror's Edge isn't going to be a better game simply because someone said so, and then saying "People have their own taste's, likes and dislikes." in the middle of that?

That's exactly the point. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. GTA is fun and all, but not lasting fun. The story isn't anything decent or attention-keeping. Blowing up everything is entertaining, but gets old quickly.

GTA got good reviews based off of two things - the hype surrounding a long-anticipated game that was forever in coming out, and the reputation backing the franchise. But the same thing can only be done so many times before it gets old.

Or, in other words - there's a reason why the game costs only $40 used now.

There are plenty of games that there's plenty of fun things to do once the story is done. There are plenty of games where it's more fun to never even touch the story. And there are games that simply do not appeal to people. I ended up not caring for GTAIV as much as I thought I would, because I've played it three times before, just with lesser graphics. And don't even bring up Oblivion because that was the single most boring game I've played in a very long time.

To me, it won't be difficult at all for Mirror's Edge to surpass GTAIV.

Smasandian
Schwarzenegger, just accept that some people have different taste in games than you.

There are those of us that scoff at Halo and think GTA IV just wasn't that much fun. Personally, I got bored with GTA IV before I'd got anywhere near the end of the story. Some games just don't appeal to some people.

And good reviews are not always an indication of good quality. In many cases they're just a bit askew, thanks to brand name. Could you imagine a Halo game getting anything other than a shining golden review? Or the next painfully-long-in-coming, far-too-short-to-be-worth-it episode of Half-Life? Or the next big Mario platformer? No. Some games get good reviews simply for being the game they are.

For many people, Mirror's Edge is going to be a better game than GTA IV. It will catch their eye better and hold their attention longer, because to us it is a more interesting game.

But you cannot possibly say that Mirrors Edge is a better game than a game that has been released? How do you know that Mirrors Edge turns out to be the some piece of shit game?

What will Mirrors Edge surpass GTA4 in? Critical response? Sales? You appreciation in it?

When does a used copy of game show evidence that it is not a good game?

GTA4 is a quality title. It did alot of things very well, improved many gameplay elements from the previous games and provided one of the best looking and real cities in any game out there. Mirrors Edge looks like it can provide an unique gameplay addition to the standard FPS, but outside of a few gameplay videos and the same looking level, you cannot possibly say it will be better than GTA4.

Peach
Mirror's Edge isn't even an FPS, at all. Good lord.

General Kaliero
But you cannot possibly say that Mirrors Edge is a better game than a game that has been released? How do you know that Mirrors Edge turns out to be the some piece of shit game?

What will Mirrors Edge surpass GTA4 in? Critical response? Sales? You appreciation in it?

GTA4 is a quality title. It did alot of things very well, improved many gameplay elements from the previous games and provided one of the best looking and real cities in any game out there. Mirrors Edge looks like it can provide an unique gameplay addition to the standard FPS, but outside of a few gameplay videos and the same looking level, you cannot possibly say it will be better than GTA4.
I don't claim to know anything about how Mirror's Edge will turn out once it's been released.

Looking back on history, however, regardless of its quality it will not be able to surpass GTA IV in critical response - it's hard to do that when the critics all over the game for being GTA - or in sales, as quality niche games tend to do poorly in sales (see Sands of Time, Beyond Good & Evil, Eternal Darkness, Psychonauts, etc.).

Sure, GTA IV did a lot of things well - for a certain audience. But, for another audience, Mirror's Edge is doing a lot of things better.

And the game is most emphatically not an FPS. One would think that'd be incredibly obvious when news came out that there is an achievement for never firing a gun once. If you must label it, then it would be a first-person adventure.

BackFire
Game's gonna be this years Assassin's Creed. You heard it here first.

Meaning, it's going to blow goats.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by BackFire
Game's gonna be this years Assassin's Creed. You heard it here first.

Meaning, it's going to blow goats.
The secret is, you like blowing goats!

Meanwhile, I suppose we'll see.

BackFire
In all honesty I think it's going to be exactly the same, in that one aspect will be fun while everything else is shit.

Like running and jumping around will be fun, similarly to AC, but the story/gameplay/missions will be sub-par.

We'll see, though, yeah. Looks interesting, just hope it's not a one trick pony.

Smasandian
Mirror's Edge isn't even an FPS, at all. Good lord.

Good lord, I'm sorry. I don't even know what came over me.

First person perspective and the ability to shoot guns made by a FPS developer. You dont have to shoot guns, but you can.

Peach
The ability to use guns does not make it an FPS. That would sort of require the main emphasis of it to be on, you know, the shooting. Not just about everything else in the game with use of guns being at the bottom of the focus list.

The only thing it has in common with an FPS is the first person view. If anything, it's an FPA (first person adventure).

Neo Darkhalen
In all honesty I think it's going to be exactly the same, in that one aspect will be fun while everything else is shit.

Like running and jumping around will be fun, similarly to AC, but the story/gameplay/missions will be sub-par.

We'll see, though, yeah. Looks interesting, just hope it's not a one trick pony.

You and me both.

Smasandian
The ability to use guns does not make it an FPS. That would sort of require the main emphasis of it to be on, you know, the shooting. Not just about everything else in the game with use of guns being at the bottom of the focus list.

The only thing it has in common with an FPS is the first person view. If anything, it's an FPA (first person adventure).

Then shouldn't it be called First Person Parkour?

General Kaliero
Then shouldn't it be called First Person Parkour?
If you like.

Schwarzenegger

For many people, Mirror's Edge is going to be a better game than GTA IV. It will catch their eye better and hold their attention longer, because to us it is a more interesting game. HAHAHA its going to be a better game despite the fact that we hardly know anything about the gameplay this and that? Oh and substantiate "for many people", for all we know that "many people" may only be a fraction of the amont of people that loved GTA IV.

What is absurd is that you guys have yet to even play the game let alone experience it and already speculating that it may surpass GTA IV's gameplay.

Oh and talk about the possibilities LOL, it may just be a medicore game, it may be above average , it may be a good game and hell it may even be a complete flop.

Looking back on history, however, regardless of its quality it will not be able to surpass GTA IV in critical response - it's hard to do that when the critics all over the game for being GTA - or in sales, as quality niche games tend to do poorly in sales (see Sands of Time, Beyond Good & Evil, Eternal Darkness, Psychonauts, etc.).

Wait wait wait, so GTA IV got good ratings simply because it is GTA and they didn't rate it because of its story, character development and gameplay? Then tell me one thing, if i applied your logic to reviewing the game, why didn't they rate the game before playing it? Its absurd right? Thats what your trying to imply from my point of view

No offence but i completely disagree with nearly everything you and peach claimed, especially the part where you claimed mirror's edge is going to be better than GTA IV(to a small fraction of people, it may be) and all is before the you had even played the game.

Do you not see the hypocrisy in going on about how GTA is great and that Mirror's Edge isn't going to be a better game simply because someone said so, and then saying "People have their own taste's, likes and dislikes." in the middle of that?

Lets get one thing straight, before attempting to point out my hypocrisy, why don't you alert yourself to the fact that you acted as if mirror's edge will be better that GTA IV and that you treat your opinions as fact?

Sure, GTA IV did a lot of things well - for a large number of audiences. But, for a smaller audience, Mirror's Edge is doing a lot of things better.

Fixed.

Substantiate "alot of things better", you have yet to even play the game, so how on earth do you know it would do things better than GTA 4? Stop treating it as fact.I think it would take a massive amount of work for it to do even half of what GTA IV did.

General Kaliero
You've already made it abundantly clear that you don't understand the concept of different people liking different things, so I'm not even going to waste my time arguing the point. Think what you like.

Smasandian
If you like.

The game has more to do with an shooter than it does with the adventure game so FPA doesn't really make any sense either.

Peach
The game has more to do with an shooter than it does with the adventure game so FPA doesn't really make any sense either.

No...really, it doesn't. It has almost nothing to do with shooters.

General Kaliero
So it's first-person... and has the option of using guns. Which you only get by stealing from enemies. And which affect your ability to move adversely. And which you have to discard when the ammo's run out.

The main gameplay is speedy and fluid movement through an environment. Shooting is not the point of the game. One would think the media released on the game so far would have made that apparent.

I can safely say all the FPS freaks who buy Mirror's Edge will be severely disappointed, as they'll be thinking it's an FPS right up until they start playing.

k1Lla441
But the sad fact is that GTA IV DID stand out, just accept it and move on. So what now? It doesn't stand out "juz cuz you say so"?

And that makes it better than GTA IV how? People have their own taste's, likes and dislikes.

Like i said in my earlier post, i still find oblivion fun to play after completing the main quest, but does that mean its greater or a better game than gta 4? Hell no. We all have our likes and dislikes.

But to even speculate that mirrors edge would surpass GTA IV before you had even played the game is just total bull.
Actually it is going to take massive work for mirror's edge to be even half of what GTA 4 was.

Oh, so its "possible" that mirror's edge is going to surpass gta Iv? Right, theres also a "possibility" that the mirror's edge universe is taking place in a microscopic scale of george bush's rectum, without evidence to support that that, don't claim it.

And talk about many people claiming GTA IV is "overrated", to twice the amount of people, that game is "extremely good". Not everyone may like GTA like games, but that isn't going to make mirror's edge a better game than gta 4.
GTA 4 didnt stand out not because i said so, no, but because its the exact same thing as san andreas, with a lot of content removed. It has the same mindless self destruction, same type of missions, and pretty much everything is the same except with a minor few tweaks here and there. Thats why it doesnt stand out.

Also, you stated, and i quote "games arent fun anymore after you beat them" which is complete and total crap. Thats the kind of stereotyping I hate, because many games have plenty of stuff to do after you beat the game, which doesnt include GTA 4. unlike other games, after you beat GTA(if you even make it THAT far) it gets boring so fast its not even funny. Thats another reason GTA is boring and repetitive.

Why do you get all mad that we speculate mirrors edge is going to be better than GTA 4? What are we supposed to do? make it a fact? The right thing to do would be to speculate, because we are speculating that mirrors edge is going to be better than GTA 4, which pretty much means to guess to the best of your knowlege. we never said " doesnt matter what happens mirrors edge is always going to be better than GTA 4." Every body, even video game magazines, speculate how good a games gonna be before it comes out.

Yes, you are a hypocrite, because you get all pissy at us for "speculating" that mirrors edge is better than GTA 4, when you do the exact same thing and "speculate" GTA 4 is better than mirrors edge. Also, you have absolutely no evidence that GTA 4 is going to be better than mirrors edge, so dont claim it, right?

Smasandian
So it's first-person... and has the option of using guns. Which you only get by stealing from enemies. And which affect your ability to move adversely. And which you have to discard when the ammo's run out.

The main gameplay is speedy and fluid movement through an environment. Shooting is not the point of the game. One would think the media released on the game so far would have made that apparent.

I can safely say all the FPS freaks who buy Mirror's Edge will be severely disappointed, as they'll be thinking it's an FPS right up until they start playing.

I know that the game is not purely about shooting people, but its not an adventure either.

I called it a FPS because there really isn't anything else to call it and there really isn't any sort of genre that is more prevalent than an FPS in it.

Guns might not be the main game play element but your suppose to attack the enemy with melee attacks and you disarm enemies and can use your guns on them if you want. To me, its more of an FPS than any other genre. Just not the same. It even follow the typical level design of an FPS with the linear levels (from what Ive seen in videos).

Schwarzenegger
You've already made it abundantly clear that you don't understand the concept of different people liking different things, so I'm not even going to waste my time arguing the point. Think what you like. Actually i did because i myself stated that, i was simply arguing its absurd to argue that mirror's edge would surpass GTA for some people when we know absolute jack about the game.

If the game WAS released and then if some of you guys like the game more than GTA IV(even i may, but i'll see) then i'd shut up.

Peach
I know that the game is not purely about shooting people, but its not an adventure either.

I called it a FPS because there really isn't anything else to call it and there really isn't any sort of genre that is more prevalent than an FPS in it.

Guns might not be the main game play element but your suppose to attack the enemy with melee attacks and you disarm enemies and can use your guns on them if you want. To me, its more of an FPS than any other genre. Just not the same. It even follow the typical level design of an FPS with the linear levels (from what Ive seen in videos).

It's a first person action/adventure. That is all. There is little to do with FPSs in it beyond the viewpoint.

I mean, gameplay-wise, it's going to be very similar to Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed, which are action/adventure games.

Really, a simple presence of guns that are usable does not make a game a shooter. And this is the first time I've seen anyone even compare it to one, let alone try to say it's very similar to one. And for the record, pretty sure that linear level design did not originate with FPSs.

Schwarzenegger
GTA 4 didnt stand out not because i said so, no, but because its the exact same thing as san andreas, with a lot of content removed. It has the same mindless self destruction, same type of missions, and pretty much everything is the same except with a minor few tweaks here and there. Thats why it doesnt stand out. You sir clearly don't know when to shut the hell up, it stood out simply because people liked the gameplay even though alot more content has been removed.

If it is the exact same thing as san andreas genius, why on earth are people bothering to play the game at all? Why not stick to san andreas? Why waste money on a game "exactly the same as san andreas"?

I'll tell you why, because what you just pulled out of your ass(no offence intended, seeing it is a fact) is preposterous and makes absolutely no sense at all.

Also, you stated, and i quote "games arent fun anymore after you beat them" which is complete and total crap.
Learn to read young kid, i also said with exceptions of games like oblivion that are still fun to play after completing the main story line, it's not my problem that you have reading disabilities and STOP acting as if i meant ALL games are boring after completing the main storyline, i said generally though i didn't type it, i implied it.

Seriously equip your spectacles on or start abolishing your reading disabilities or simply shut up.

Thats the kind of stereotyping I hate, because many games have plenty of stuff to do after you beat the game, which doesnt include GTA 4.
And that makes GTA IV inferior how?

unlike other games, after you beat GTA(if you even make it THAT far)
Which i did your majesty.

it gets boring so fast its not even funny. Thats another reason GTA is boring and repetitive. Hell even i agree to that, but lets use your logic, are you saying that if theres nothing to do after completing the games main storyline, that game is boring and crap and thus not worth buying it?

LOL you make me laugh, if we used your logic plenty of games would suck and be "boring and repetitive".

Why do you get all mad that we speculate mirrors edge is going to be better than GTA 4?
Because its absrud considering the fact that you know absolute jack about the game? The fact that it can also be speculated that the game would be just mediocore or even a flop?

What pisses me off is people like you passing it off as fact.

What are we supposed to do? make it a fact?
Well you are acting as if its a fact.

The right thing to do would be to speculate, because we are speculating that mirrors edge is going to be better than GTA 4, which pretty much means to guess to the best of your knowlege.
And to the best of my knowledge, to even speculate that ME is going to be better than GTA IV or any other game is completely absurd without even experiencing the game at hand or even knowing jack about it.

Is it ok to speculate that it may be a good game? Yea but to be better than a game that by many peoples opinions that it stands out? No.

we never said " doesnt matter what happens mirrors edge is always going to be better than GTA 4." Every body, even video game magazines, speculate how good a games gonna be before it comes out.

Yes, you are a hypocrite, because you get all pissy at us for "speculating" that mirrors edge is better than GTA 4, when you do the exact same thing and "speculate" GTA 4 is better than mirrors edge. Also, you have absolutely no evidence that GTA 4 is going to be better than mirrors edge, so dont claim it, right?

Ah yes, but i don't have to prove that GTA IV would be greater than mirror's edge simply because it has yet to be released, infact people like you are speculating that ME is going to surpass GTA IV hence the burden of proof falls on you, you made the claim, you prove it.

And based on the circumstances, i can argue GTA IV would be greater than ME and let me quote smasandian: GTA4 is a quality title. It did alot of things very well, improved many gameplay elements from the previous games and provided one of the best looking and real cities in any game out there. Mirrors Edge looks like it can provide an unique gameplay addition to the standard FPS, but outside of a few gameplay videos and the same looking level, you cannot possibly say it will be better than GTA4.

Now my son, prove up or shut up and you have yet to do either.

Now you better choose, prove up or concede, you wouldn't want to "waste" your time arguing with people like me, every word you type out to me results in a second lost from playing your precious games(i read your profile, you are a hardcore gamer, but thats ok).

Besides, a senior member who is more credible than you by ten fold said this : Originally posted by Smasandian

^nuff said.

Peach
Schwarzenegger, you can drop the attitude right this moment. There is absolutely no call whatsoever for your behavior and it won't be tolerated. You will discuss civilly, or you won't at all.

Smasandian
It's a first person action/adventure. That is all. There is little to do with FPSs in it beyond the viewpoint.

I mean, gameplay-wise, it's going to be very similar to Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed, which are action/adventure games.

Really, a simple presence of guns that are usable does not make a game a shooter. And this is the first time I've seen anyone even compare it to one, let alone try to say it's very similar to one. And for the record, pretty sure that linear level design did not originate with FPSs.

And it sure is like Prince Of Persia and Assassins Creed. They sure follow in those footsteps. Outside of animations, it shares nothing with an adventure game.

But I got it. Its a first person platformer.

Wil7
Schwarzenegger, there isn't that much stuff to do at the end of GTA 4. I have beaten the game. All you get is random characters, a few cop missions, and assasin missions. Compared to GTA SA, GTA 4 has barely anything to do. GTA SA you get taxi missions, cop missions, fire missions, you get way more girl friends, you need to take over every hood, etc. I thought I wasn't that good of a debater, but you are off the charts in crappiness compared to me.

General Kaliero
And it sure is like Prince Of Persia and Assassins Creed. They sure follow in those footsteps. Outside of animations, it shares nothing with an adventure game.

But I got it. Its a first person platformer.
I'm surprised at you, frankly. You're usually not this stupid.

The main feature of the game is fluid movement through the environment. Any cursory glance at any gameplay video will show you this. The focus of the game is platforming, with shooting as a secondary option.

Are you really not getting this, or did you just feel the need to be annoying?

Originally posted by Wil7
Schwarzenegger, there isn't that much stuff to do at the end of GTA 4. I have beaten the game. All you get is random characters, a few cop missions, and assasin missions. Compared to GTA SA, GTA 4 has barely anything to do. GTA SA you get taxi missions, cop missions, fire missions, you get way more girl friends, you need to take over every hood, etc. I thought I wasn't that good of a debater, but you are off the charts in crappiness compared to me.
Off-topic.

Wil7
I am talking about the argument between Schwarzenegger and k1Lla441. k1Lla441 is right, and Schwarzenegger is WAY wrong.

Smasandian
I'm surprised at you, frankly. You're usually not this stupid.

The main feature of the game is fluid movement through the environment. Any cursory glance at any gameplay video will show you this. The focus of the game is platforming, with shooting as a secondary option.

Are you really not getting this, or did you just feel the need to be annoying?

Off-topic.

Why are you being a dick?

I disagree with both of you. You think I'm wrong. Fine, then I'm wrong, but I look at this game as a shooter. It might not be a pro typical shooter like Halo, but I'm not going to start defining every single part of it just because it has to be different. You can shoot people, your suppose to attack them with melee attacks, and it takes place in a very linear path. To me that's a FPS shooter. I compare Mirrors Edge to how Condemned plays out. Both are very similar on how the combat is. Guns are in it and you can use them if you want to, but there not the main source of attacking enemies. I will probably play Mirrors Edge like a shooter.

General Kaliero
Why are you being a dick?

I disagree with both of you. You think I'm wrong. Fine, then I'm wrong, but I look at this game as a shooter. It might not be a pro typical shooter like Halo, but I'm not going to start defining every single part of it just because it has to be different. You can shoot people, your suppose to attack them with melee attacks, and it takes place in a very linear path. To me that's a FPS shooter. I compare Mirrors Edge to how Condemned plays out. Both are very similar on how the combat is. Guns are in it and you can use them if you want to, but there not the main source of attacking enemies. I will probably play Mirrors Edge like a shooter.
Sorry. I'm under a lot of stress right now. Think what you like.

Smasandian
It's cool. It was just unusual behavior for you.

Anyways, in the end, it will probably be an interesting game, it might be crap, or it might be really cool, we don't know. It will interesting to see if DICE can pull it off because I think they have done only 1 singleplayer game, and it wasn't very good.

k1Lla441
Yea, your right, i usually dont shut up when im trying to prove something. its called a forum for a reason. And whats your problem? Just because my opinion is different than yours, doesnt mean you should go to name calling. Just shows me how immature you are.

You sir clearly don't know when to shut the hell up, it stood out simply because people liked the gameplay even though alot more content has been removed.
No, the game primarily stood out because its part of the GTA franchise. Even before the game came out, it had a lot of hype from previous GTA games, which would make you mad because "they speculated before the game came out". I dont care what anyone says, no matter how good or bad the next halo is, its still going to stand out because its halo.

If it is the exact same thing as san andreas genius, why on earth are people bothering to play the game at all? Why not stick to san andreas? Why waste money on a game "exactly the same as san andreas"?
Just because its almost the exact same thing doesnt necassarily mean its a bad thing. Hell, halo 3 is almost an exact replica of halo 2 with a few tweaks, but now its the top selling 360 game. And like i said earlier, GTA 4 has a few tweaks, and with the hype of GTA, plus its for a next gen console, and it has a few more tweaks, im pretty sure with all that rockstar can get people to buy it.

I'll tell you why, because what you just pulled out of your ass(no offence intended, seeing it is a fact) is preposterous and makes absolutely no sense at all.
Learn to read young kid, i also said with exceptions of games like oblivion that are still fun to play after completing the main story line, it's not my problem that you have reading disabilities and STOP acting as if i meant ALL games are boring after completing the main storyline, i said generally though i didn't type it, i implied it.

You said EXCEPTIONS for some games, which means few games. So what your telling me is that most games get boring after the story line, except for a few exceptions? no, not even close. to me its like a 40 60 trade off, with 40 percent of games being boring after you beat them and 60 percent of games have something fun to unlock/do after you beat the game. Again, i havent been at the forums for as along as you, and i already know that you shouldnt imply things at kmc. if you have an opinion to say, say it. Dont say you "implied it" because that just leads me to believe your lieing.

What pisses me off is people like you passing it off as fact.
Well you are acting as if its a fact.
And to the best of my knowledge, to even speculate that ME is going to be better than GTA IV or any other game is completely absurd without even experiencing the game at hand or even knowing jack about it.

Is it ok to speculate that it may be a good game? Yea but to be better than a game that by many peoples opinions that it stands out? No.

Acting like its fact and saying its fact are two different things. I act as if its a fact because i strongly believe that mirrors edge is going to be better than GTA 4 (and note the i said "believe", which means if somehow the game comes out with horrible controls or something like that, then it will change) from what i have seen. I would love for you to point out where i stated as a fact that ME is going to be better than GTA. I speculated and guessed, which is completely different than a fact. So your getting mad at me because my opinion is that ME is going to be GTA 4? are you serious?? Its called an OPINION for a reason, as in what i think, so you dont have to get all mad about it. I may not know everything about mirrors edge, but i know enough to speculate (as in guessing, which means it may change) that its going to be better than GTA 4, in my opinion. I said "my" opinion, so stop acting like im talking for everyone else. You "implied" that i shouldnt think ME is going to be better than GTA 4 because "many peoples opinions are that its stands out". Just because other people think it stands out doesnt change my opinion in anyway, and you shouldnt expect it to change my opinion, so you wasted your time saying it.

Ah yes, but i don't have to prove that GTA IV would be greater than mirror's edge simply because it has yet to be released, infact people like you are speculating that ME is going to surpass GTA IV hence the burden of proof falls on you, you made the claim, you prove it. Why do i need every amount of proof to speculate? that makes no sense. its called speculating because your not stating a fact, but your making an educated guess on your opinions. Can you exactly tell me how im supposed to prove an opinion?? Can anyone tell me how to prove an opinion?? i cant believe you just asked me to prove my opinion why ME is going to be better than GTA 4.

And based on the circumstances, i can argue GTA IV would be greater than ME and let me quote smasandian: GTA4 is a quality title. It did alot of things very well, improved many gameplay elements from the previous games and provided one of the best looking and real cities in any game out there. Mirrors Edge looks like it can provide an unique gameplay addition to the standard FPS, but outside of a few gameplay videos and the same looking level, you cannot possibly say it will be better than GTA4.

Now my son, prove up or shut up and you have yet to do either.

Now you better choose, prove up or concede, you wouldn't want to "waste" your time arguing with people like me, every word you type out to me results in a second lost from playing your precious games(i read your profile, you are a hardcore gamer, but thats ok).

Besides, a senior member who is more credible than you by ten fold said this :

^nuff said.
I dont have to do either, and its your opinion that i wasnt able to "prove up" to you. in my opinon, your a very ignorant and biased GTA fanboy, and i dominated in this argument. And you want to get references from other people?? ok then i have 2, count em', TWO moderators who said this about you, and im pretty sure they would agree with me over you.
GK:
"You've already made it abundantly clear that you don't understand the concept of different people liking different things, so I'm not even going to waste my time arguing the point. Think what you like."
Peach:
"Schwarzenegger, you can drop the attitude right this moment. There is absolutely no call whatsoever for your behavior and it won't be tolerated. You will discuss civilly, or you won't at all."

seems to me like you need to calm down, and be alot more polite in your arguements or youll find that you will have absolutely no friends and many enemies. You also need to get the concept of "opinion" through your head, because you tend to get mad at people when they have those.

Neo Darkhalen
Why are you arguing with someone who's been banned for 30 days, let it go man.

It's cool. It was just unusual behavior for you.

Anyways, in the end, it will probably be an interesting game, it might be crap, or it might be really cool, we don't know. It will interesting to see if DICE can pull it off because I think they have done only 1 singleplayer game, and it wasn't very good.

I real hope it doesn't end up a disappointment, from looking at it it just looks fantastic, would be a shame for it all to go to waste.

Smasandian
Well, DICE is developing it who always seem to muck up single player experiences.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Why are you arguing with someone who's been banned for 30 days, let it go man.

I real hope it doesn't end up a disappointment, from looking at it it just looks fantastic, would be a shame for it all to go to waste.
woops my bad didnt really realize that lol big grin . he kinda brought the dark side out of me, which increased my arguing skillzz mad. kinda sucks cus when i finally find myself in an arguement that i feel like getting into, and i start proving him wrong, he suddenly cant argue back. Now everyones gonna get the same "noob arguer" image of me in there heads when they see me argue, but they didnt see this arguemnt which i actually tried in. sucks sad

Yea me too, feels like if somehow EA dice screws up then it feels like they wasted a good game and a semi- new genre.

Morridini
Demo coming out for the PS3 today and the 360 tomorrow it seems.

General Kaliero
Okay, after playing the demo... I remain psyched for this game.

The controls are very fun and intuitive, and motion is very fluid as soon as you're moving properly. The color coding works well in practice, and the game as a whole looks rather pretty.

I wish there was more to the demo, but I guess that just means it's doing its job.

Morridini
Downloading it now, please don't say it was the same stage we have seen demoed time after time?

Peach
Blah, I probably won't have time to try it out until tomorrow.

General Kaliero
Downloading it now, please don't say it was the same stage we have seen demoed time after time?
Some of it is, yeah. That disappointed me slightly, but it's still fun to actually play yourself.

Neo Darkhalen
The demo is out today, shall have to check it out. mmm

Morridini
Ok just played the demo.
And I'm still on the fence when it comes to this game. The demo was ok, didn't really blow me away, don't see myself buying this game anytime soon at least.

BackFire
Demo was pretty good, great animations and the movement feels very natural and flowing.

Peach
Just played the demo, and...gah. I want this game out now.

THE JLRTENJAC
I have got to remember this demo next time I am on my 360...

Smasandian
I gotta wait.

I dont have gold so no demo for me.

Neo Darkhalen
The demo was great, defiantly can't wait for it to be released.

Icy Ninja
After playing the demo for the fifth time I can't wait until I can play the full game this is definitely a game I will buy

Quincy
I love the visuals for this game. The demo played through smoothly, and ridiculously fun.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by Icy Ninja
After playing the demo for the fifth time I can't wait until I can play the full game this is definitely a game I will buy
How do you get the demo? do you download it off of xbox live? is it free?

Impediment
Just downloaded the demo for PS3 today. Wow. This game looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I was left wanting more after Faith jumped onto the flying helicopter.

Smasandian
Tried the demo.

It was fun. I still dont know if the game will be great or not. (it will be good atleast).

I was watching the 1up show and there were basically saying the SP is roughly 6-7 hours and the story sucks balls but the game could be lengthened by the time trails.

I tried to play it on the demo and my subscription was too low to play. Is it true that you need a gold membership to play the time trails?
If true then that sucks major balls. You shouldnt need a gold membership to play that and upload your scores. I'm hoping its not true.

Anyways, its definitely a rental for me.

Peach
How do you get the demo? do you download it off of xbox live? is it free?

Yes. Like...every single demo on the 360/PS3 these days - you download it off of Marketplace or the PSN.

Tried the demo.

It was fun. I still dont know if the game will be great or not. (it will be good atleast).

I was watching the 1up show and there were basically saying the SP is roughly 6-7 hours and the story sucks balls but the game could be lengthened by the time trails.

I tried to play it on the demo and my subscription was too low to play. Is it true that you need a gold membership to play the time trails?
If true then that sucks major balls. You shouldnt need a gold membership to play that and upload your scores. I'm hoping its not true.

Anyways, its definitely a rental for me.

I have no idea about the time trials, to be honest. I have a preorder code for them but I haven't gotten around to trying them out (apparently some of my friends I work with are being competitive about them though).

I am actually, for once, not bothered by the fact that it appears it's going to be a short game (we have the guides for it already at work, it's not a huge guide), because I still think it looks excellent, the demo cemented that, and it reminds me hugely of the Prince of Persia games...which were short, yes, but got you so wrapped up in the game it didn't matter.

I'm buying it, and it'll probably end up one of those games I play multiple times.

Impediment
Check out some of the action while in the sewers:

lJKc5pfYKx4

Awesome.

Smasandian
Yes. Like...every single demo on the 360/PS3 these days - you download it off of Marketplace or the PSN.

I have no idea about the time trials, to be honest. I have a preorder code for them but I haven't gotten around to trying them out (apparently some of my friends I work with are being competitive about them though).

I am actually, for once, not bothered by the fact that it appears it's going to be a short game (we have the guides for it already at work, it's not a huge guide), because I still think it looks excellent, the demo cemented that, and it reminds me hugely of the Prince of Persia games...which were short, yes, but got you so wrapped up in the game it didn't matter.

I'm buying it, and it'll probably end up one of those games I play multiple times.

Prince of Persia was longer than 10 hours wasn't it?

I wouldn't mind the shortness of the game if the game wasn't 65 bucks without tax and that is the main reason I'm not buying it. I can take a 10 hour game but 6 is way to short in my opinion, especially if there isn't some sort of MP also. Time trails could do that but I would get bored after awhile.

Anyways, we'll see when it comes out.

Peach
Sands of Time I was able to beat in 10 hours, and I'm slow with games. It can be completed in 6, easily.

Normally I would agree, but I'll still buy this game. Lack of multiplayer doesn't bother me as MP doesn't figure into whether a game is worth buying at all for me (and in fact a focus on MP is more likely to put me off). I can see myself playing through this a dozen times, or it being one of those games I pop in to run through a few time trials when I'm bored and don't feel like playing anything else.

Smasandian
I thought it was longer than that...ah well.

Going from DICE's track record with SP games, I'm very hesitant to think that the single player game will be good enough to repeat numerous times.

General Kaliero
Prince of Persia was longer than 10 hours wasn't it?

I wouldn't mind the shortness of the game if the game wasn't 65 bucks without tax and that is the main reason I'm not buying it. I can take a 10 hour game but 6 is way to short in my opinion, especially if there isn't some sort of MP also. Time trails could do that but I would get bored after awhile.

Anyways, we'll see when it comes out.
Actually, I timed a run through Sands of Time a while back. Without using rewinds, I managed to complete it in about six and a half hours.

SaTsuJiN
I will henceforth call this game LB... because thats the only button I pressed through the entire demo

Smasandian
Actually, I timed a run through Sands of Time a while back. Without using rewinds, I managed to complete it in about six and a half hours.

Ok.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Impediment

lJKc5pfYKx4

Awesome.

That was exhilarating.

jalek moye
so what you do for the entire game is run around? thats the impression i'm getting from the videos

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Impediment

lJKc5pfYKx4

Awesome. What impresses me is how easily all the gameplay flows, if you get my meaning.

And lol no, you can use H2H to KO people and take their weapons and use them, and maybe more, but that is all I have seen so far.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx

And lol no, you can use H2H to KO people and take their weapons and use them, and maybe more, but that is all I have seen so far.

but still its main focus is on you running around. like a new take on a platformer?

General Kaliero
Originally posted by jalek moye
so what you do for the entire game is run around? thats the impression i'm getting from the videos
Well, if you simply must get your kill-jollies, you can steal the officer's weapons and start murdering everyone you see.

But I'm gonna go through the game without firing a gun once.

jalek moye
Well, if you simply must get your kill-jollies, you can steal the officer's weapons and start murdering everyone you see.

But I'm gonna go through the game without firing a gun once.
eh somethings tells me that the game probbly is really bad in the shooter aspect. so if i get it i'm probbly gonna just do the running around thing. I was just wondering if thats the focus

Dark-Jaxx
I'm gonna use H2H.

Why?

Because if you got through a whole game H2H, you=God, and being God himself, I am compelled to do this.

BackFire
One of the reviews I read of the game sorta echo a concern that I've had from the start - that the game is great fun to control; it's fun to run around, jumping and doing all that, but the level design isn't strong enough to sustain itself throughout the duration of the game.

Smasandian
I just think its because DICE is developing it. Never made a quality single player game.

Morridini
GT review: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42568.html

Liked the idea about racing against a friends ghost.

Peach
Originally posted by jalek moye
eh somethings tells me that the game probbly is really bad in the shooter aspect. so if i get it i'm probbly gonna just do the running around thing. I was just wondering if thats the focus

Well, there's entirely a focus away from shooting in this game. So who cares? Not every game is about how many bad guys you can shoot and how many kills you can rack up.

Smasandian
GT review: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42568.html

Liked the idea about racing against a friends ghost.

Wouldnt it be cool if the MP was racing against a friend in real life instead of just a ghost.

That would be pretty neat. The ghost idea is just like any racer out there.

Morridini
Yes that would be pretty cool, but I would like the Ghost too, they seem to have dissapeared from racing games a while back.

Smasandian
I think Mario Kart still has them.

I know DICE didnt want to get involved with online, but its strange that the idea of having online races through the levels never crossed their mind.

It seems like a no brainer to me, especially if the SP game is 6 hours long (if the reports are correct)

Peach
Not every game has to have an online or multiplayer component, FFS.

NonSensi-Klown
They'd all be cooler if they did though, imo
But I am personally just a stickler for multi player. S.rug.

Peach
And I disagree. I dislike how so many games have such a focus on multiplayer that half the time now it seems as though the singleplayer mode (which SHOULD be the main focus of the game) gets skimped on.

NonSensi-Klown
I know you disagree before you said you disagreed. no expression

And I disagree with your disagreement, personally. I haven't been interested in the single player elements of a game since I was like, eight.

Maybe I'll change after I get a job and start hating the world, than I'll relish the "myself time"? stick out tongue

I think it stems from the fact that from day 1 (of VG playing) I've always played with someone else. First my dad with Descent, than my uncle with Starcraft, than my friends with the N64, so on and so fourth. I've never been the type to sit in my room by myself playing a game with no one to talk to.

Peach
See, I can multitask well enough that I can hold a conversation while playing a game stick out tongue And in fact do it all the time, regardless of if I'm playing multiplayer or not.

I grew up playing games that were only singleplayer. Hence it's what I prefer.

NonSensi-Klown
Don't rub it in, foo'! stick out tongue

BackFire
Reviews popping up for this game now.

1up gave it an A-. Good score.

Gamespot gave it a 7 - 10, not so great.

IGN gave it a 73 -100, also not great.

Dark-Jaxx
Not every game has to have an online or multiplayer component, FFS. If the single-player mode is only 6 hours long(with nothing extra to get) it wouldn't be a bad idea...

And yeah, I grew up on single-player games, but am also a big-time vs. gamer, started with Mario Kart 64 and Starfox 64(one of my favorite games ever).

Neo Darkhalen
See, I can multitask well enough that I can hold a conversation while playing a game stick out tongue And in fact do it all the time, regardless of if I'm playing multiplayer or not.

I grew up playing games that were only singleplayer. Hence it's what I prefer.

Same.

Icy Ninja
Reviews popping up for this game now.

1up gave it an A-. Good score.

Gamespot gave it a 7 - 10, not so great.

IGN gave it a 73 -100, also not great.
What are the reasons for the low 7 reviews I thought the game was really fun from what I played

Smasandian
Not every game has to have an online or multiplayer component, FFS.

Understandable, I applauded the decision for Bioshock, the Half Life games and a few others. I love just playing SP games.

But this is a tad bit different. It's a pretty short game and if MP was added it wouldn't be a typical MP game on where you run around shooting people.

It would be cool if there was an option to race your friends in the levels to the finish line, or a game of tag free running style. I think that would be really cool and different. Not just another MP shooter mic thon.

There is time trails and you have the ability to race your friends ghost, wouldnt it be better if you can actually race your friend in real life. You can have the option on where you can trip your friend up, or push him off to screw up his timing and have different routes to the end and everybody will have the special way of shaving off seconds to win the race. That would be cool and it would make the game alot more interesting and bang for your buck.

If they added a shooter like MP, similiar to the useless Metroid Prime MP, then by all means, dont do it.

ragesRemorse
The demo is a joy to play. The controls seem a bit overstocked but that can be the sign of a deep game. I am very excited to play the full game. I had a lot of fun in the demo stages

BackFire
Originally posted by Icy Ninja
What are the reasons for the low 7 reviews I thought the game was really fun from what I played

Said many aspects of the game were repetitive; level design, the look of the levels and (IGN said a lot of the levels are identical to earlier levels, but just with a different color of paint) the moves you need to do in particular.

Bad AI, bad story, extremely short game with little replay value outside of time trials.

They also said that for a game that seems to push the idea of freeform movement the levels are linear that don't allow for much experimentation or exploration.

Gamespot also complained that the game is mostly of the trial and error nature.

jalek moye
so i'm assuming its a rental

Stoic
I like the soundtrack.

997PW4
I like the Ninja Gaiden-like abilities (swinging on poles and running on walls). Ninja Gaiden in first person...big grin

S_D_J
Understandable, I applauded the decision for Bioshock, the Half Life games and a few others. I love just playing SP games.

But this is a tad bit different. It's a pretty short game and if MP was added it wouldn't be a typical MP game on where you run around shooting people.

It would be cool if there was an option to race your friends in the levels to the finish line, or a game of tag free running style. I think that would be really cool and different. Not just another MP shooter mic thon.

There is time trails and you have the ability to race your friends ghost, wouldnt it be better if you can actually race your friend in real life. You can have the option on where you can trip your friend up, or push him off to screw up his timing and have different routes to the end and everybody will have the special way of shaving off seconds to win the race. That would be cool and it would make the game alot more interesting and bang for your buck.

If they added a shooter like MP, similiar to the useless Metroid Prime MP, then by all means, dont do it.

and surely that'll be included in Mirror's Edge 2... since it's so obvious a sequel will be produced

... I'm really looking forward to playing this game, regardless of it being short... the demo was fun, and I'm sure I'll have fun playing it for 6 hours big grin

Peach
Originally posted by 997PW4
I like the Ninja Gaiden-like abilities (swinging on poles and running on walls). Ninja Gaiden in first person...big grin

More Prince of Persia in first-person, I'd say.

Can't wait to play this game, and very very annoyed that a miscalculation on my spending this week means I can't pick it up until tomorrow. I had intended to spend all day playing it yesterday, but noooo...damnit ermm

Peach
...I am so in love with this game.

Wei Phoenix
I heard there is only 7 hours of GP. I may have to rent it.

ragesRemorse
seven hours of gameplay if you are new to video games. I beat the game in five. This game is definitely not a buy but it is a must play, none the less. There is no replay value, the story is balls and it does get repetitive but at it's best it offers a stunning and almost original experience. The game controls very smooth which makes it very easy to pull off the actions that is required. The jump button can be a bit unresponsive at times but this is compensated for by giving you convenient check points. If you like chase sequences in games you will love Mirrors Edge. No other game makes you feel the thrill of being chased like Mirrors Edge does. there is never really a sense of threat in the game because your character can make super human jumps and has an ability to slow time for when you are confronted with enemies. So, i would highly recommend that everyone give this a try. Download the demo first. There is no reason to buy Mirrors edge though because once you finish the game you will have had your fill of the gameplay but you will leave feeling satisfied not over saturated.

Again, there isn't much to this game but ive seen this type of gameplay before. It is Prince of Persia in First person perspective and it works very well. I am sure that we will see many more games like this in the future.

Wei Phoenix
I found the slow time thing a bit useless seeing as I still get shot and hit by bullets.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I found the slow time thing a bit useless seeing as I still get shot and hit by bullets. It gives you more time to react.

Anyways, so far, so much fun droolio

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I found the slow time thing a bit useless seeing as I still get shot and hit by bullets.

I don't think the feature is there so that you can dodge bullets. At least, if you are using the slow time feature to try and dodge bullets, i've found that it is useless Jumping sliding or wall running allowed me to dodge really well. I only used the slow time feature for disarms or to calculate and observe a jump after i was already committed to the jump and for that, it worked well. I rarely used the feature though and it wouldn't have made things any harder or easier if it weren't there but it was nice to know that it was there.

this game is fuvking aces when you play it to some kickin rock or techno. after a few missions i gave up on the story and just started playing some music to the gameplay and damn, it feels like this game was made for custom audio. So far, the distillers; beat your heart out, is the jam i play most while playing this game.

Bardock42
Ending's a bit anti-climatic. Still excellent game though.

Zack Fair
I DLed the demo and I must say the game looks and plays fun.

Zack Fair
I don't know if should buy it. I mean people say its short, but I am one of those that if I really like something I won't mind replaying it a couple of times . And this game looks so fun ><

Icy Ninja
I don't know what to think about this game the demo was amazing and the first few levels were fun, but the more I play the game I begin to tire of it. The combat has begun to annoy me as well at first it was fun mostly running from guys and only having to take out a few of them and now it seems like I have to take on 5 heavily armored cops at once. So I don't think I'll own this game for much longer probably trade it in after I complete the game if I don't get fed up with it, it's a shame though this game had so much potential.

Morridini
Yahtzee reviews ME: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/457-Mirrors-Edge

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>