Surfer's energy blasts vs Superman's Heat vision

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superman XX5
Which is more powerful?

Discuss.

ultimatethor
Surfers energy blast NO CONTEST

Enyalus
Originally posted by ultimatethor

I hate to sound like someone else here, but:

"Why?"

I'm trying to remember some impressive energy blast feats from Surfer, but nothing comes to mind off the top of my head. Whereas Supes' HV has ignited stars before (or..shot through them?).

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Enyalus

"Why?"

I'm trying to remember some impressive energy blast feats from Surfer, but nothing comes to mind off the top of my head. Whereas Supes' HV has ignited stars before (or..shot through them?).

Well since u asked so nicely, Aside casually destroying planets surfers energy blast has created multiple blackholes as an after effect. Far Far above anything supes heat vision has ever accomplished.
and i think current supes shot through a star and it was pre crisis supes that reignited one. Regardless surfers blast feats trump both.

Enyalus
Ah ha. True enough. Surfer, then.

quanchi112
Surfer is more powerful.

fangirl101
Surfer.

AlmightyKfish
Silverado

DestinyGuy678
superman heat vision did contain enough energy to push a planet (under a red sun)

Avlon
Well since u asked so nicely, Aside casually destroying planets surfers energy blast has created multiple blackholes as an after effect. Far Far above anything supes heat vision has ever accomplished.
and i think current supes shot through a star and it was pre crisis supes that reignited one. Regardless surfers blast feats trump both.

Surfers creation of black holes have more to do with the effects of the power cosmic (as a catalyst) than the strength of his blasts.

I see that being as different as Superman holding a black hole in his hands vs his HV.

Two different things.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
superman heat vision did contain enough energy to push a planet (under a red sun)

Blackhole far far greater>>>> anything supes hv has done

vlaaad12345
Supes has repaired reality with his heat vision.

Endrict Nuul

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Avlon
Surfers creation of black holes have more to do with the effects of the power cosmic (as a catalyst) than the strength of his blasts.

I see that being as different as Superman holding a black hole in his hands vs his HV.

Two different things.

Nah. IT has to do with his overall energy output which is directly related to the strength of his blasts rather than the nature

vlaaad12345
So his planet destroying blast made a black hole...that makes sense.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
So his planet destroying blast made a black hole...that makes sense.

What are u talking about?

Avlon
Nah. IT has to do with his overall energy output which is directly related to the strength of his blasts rather than the nature

Nah..it's an effect of his cosmic power.

It has to do nothing with his blasting power.

ultimatethor
Nah..it's an effect of his cosmic power.

It has to do nothing with his blasting power.

Umm.... it has never been mentioned anywhere that ss cosmic powers are a catalyst for blackholes. It annihilation surfers high level energy discharge caused the blackhole not some mysterious effect that his cosmic power causes.

Avlon
Umm.... it has never been mentioned anywhere that ss cosmic powers are a catalyst for blackholes. It annihilation surfers high level energy discharge caused the blackhole not some mysterious effect that his cosmic power causes.

If he doesn't use cosmic energy then how would it affect the surroundings?

He had to discharge energy to use it...

It doesn't say he blasted anything either... in the very next issue he's blasting currs...and no black holes are being created...smile

ultimatethor
If he doesn't use cosmic energy then how would it affect the surroundings?

He had to discharge energy to use it...

It doesn't say he blasted anything either... in the very next issue he's blasting currs...and no black holes are being created...smile

A blast IS an energy discharge. Obviously when he was blasting curs in the next issue not blackholes would be created due to the fact that the level of energy being used was not equal to the one that created a blackhole. Also i didnt say he didnt use cosmic energy, what i said is that it has never been sated anywhere that surfers cosmic energy is a catalyst for blackholes so to think otherwise is just baseless speculation.

Avlon
A blast IS an energy discharge.

Very good. It's a straight blast of cosmic energy.

Obviously when he was blasting curs in the next issue not blackholes would be created

Very good. Straight blasts = no black hole.

to the fact that the level of energy being used was not equal to the one that created a blackhole.

Or the pc wasn't used to that effect.

Also i didnt say he didnt use cosmic energy, what i said is that it has never been sated anywhere that surfers cosmic energy is a catalyst for blackholes so to think otherwise is just baseless speculation.

Just as baseless as saying it was a straight blast since it didn't say that was the case either.

snoopdogg
Didn't Superman casually heat up the Earth from outer space? Not saying it's more powerful than the PC but he can destroy a planet with it if he wanted to I bet.

vansonbee
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Didn't Superman casually heat up the Earth from outer space? Not saying it's more powerful than the PC but he can destroy a planet with it if he wanted to I bet.
Got a scan? Is this current superman or your bringing up Pre Cris Superman feats.... no
I bet 10 dollars not!

snoopdogg
Originally posted by vansonbee

I bet 10 dollars not! Not a good idea son.

ultimatethor
Very good. It's a straight blast of cosmic energy.

Very good. Straight blasts = no black hole.

Or the pc wasn't used to that effect.

Just as baseless as saying it was a straight blast since it didn't say that was the case either.

Surfers energy blasts HAVE created multiple blackholes as an after effect before( aside the annihilation incident). And what do u mean by straight blast? Surfers blasts are just him directing his cosmic energy towards someone. When surfer fought the curs he was simply not using the amount of energy needed to create a blackhole.
In annihilation, surfer released such an great amount of cosmic energy that he created a blackhole. This is corroborated by the fact that the same effect has occured as a result of surfer blasting in the past.

Avlon
Surfers energy blasts HAVE created multiple blackholes as an after effect before( aside the annihilation incident). And what do u mean by straight blast? Surfers blasts are just him directing his cosmic energy towards someone. When surfer fought the curs he was simply not using the amount of energy needed to create a blackhole.
In annihilation, surfer released such an great amount of cosmic energy that he created a blackhole. This is corroborated by the fact that the same effect has occured as a result of surfer blasting in the past.

Surfers PC ability let him play around with matter/energy as an effect.
His blasts are just pure cosmic energy.

Scientists on earth have been working on creating black holes with far less than planet or even continent destroying energy.

ultimatethor
Surfers PC ability let him play around with matter/energy as an effect.
His blasts are just pure cosmic energy.

Scientists on earth have been working on creating black holes with far less than planet or even continent destroying energy.

True surfers PC allows him to manipulate matter/energy but this was not stated as the reason for the blackholes creation. It was as a direct result of the energy discharge not some form of manipulation

Scientist on earth have been working on creating miniature( microscopic) blackholes and have been failing even at that.

Avlon
True surfers PC allows him to manipulate matter/energy but this was not stated as the reason for the blackholes creation. It was as a direct result of the energy discharge not some form of manipulation

He has to discharge energy either way. There isn't proof that is was a blast any more than it was manipulation (which is far more likely) stated in the story.

Scientist on earth have been working on creating miniature( microscopic) blackholes and have been failing even at that.

They haven't perfected the procedure, but it still stands that they need far less than the energy needed to destroy a planet to do so.

ultimatethor
He has to discharge energy either way. There isn't proof that is was a blast any more than it was manipulation (which is far more likely) stated in the story.

They haven't perfected the procedure, but it still stands that they need far less than the energy needed to destroy a planet to do so.

Actually, surfer DOESNT need to discharge energy to manipulate matter. It is far far less likely that it was any form of manipulation considering that he doesnt need to use it to manipulate matter anyway and that if it was any form of matter manip it most likely would have been mentioned by thanos. Thanos simply sayin surfers energy discharge almost confrims that it was a direct result of his energy output.

Scientist are trying to create microscopic blackholes as i said( and have been failing).

The Great Galen
Both blast can destroy planets, IMO its about even.

fangirl101
I've seen niether of these guys destroy a planet with a blast of thier powers.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by fangirl101
I've seen niether of these guys destroy a planet with a blast of thier powers.

Superman obviously not but surfer actually has.

vansonbee
Superman obviously not but surfer actually has. really? That I didn't know, I knew he could create a world or restore is better term.

Is that in the SS respect thread? or assuming he could?

fangirl101
Superman obviously not but surfer actually has.
Scans? I know superman's ignited stars and powered warworld's engines. So I'm sure it's possible. And Surfer has done wicked stuff with the effects of this PC. but the Actual power of the blast. What is the most powerful thing or person he's owned with just a cosmic blast and no extra effects?

ultimatethor
really? That I didn't know, I knew he could create a world or restore is better term.

Is that in the SS respect thread? or assuming he could?

Surfer destroyed a planet in his fight against ravenous. And that was while heavily holding back

ultimatethor
Scans? I know superman's ignited stars and powered warworld's engines. So I'm sure it's possible. And Surfer has done wicked stuff with the effects of this PC. but the Actual power of the blast. What is the most powerful thing or person he's owned with just a cosmic blast and no extra effects?

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/AnnihilationSilverSurfer4-012.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/AnnihilationSilverSurfer4-017.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/AnnihilationSilverSurfer4-019.jpg

Avlon
Actually, surfer DOESNT need to discharge energy to manipulate matter. It is far far less likely that it was any form of manipulation considering that he doesnt need to use it to manipulate matter anyway and that if it was any form of matter manip it most likely would have been mentioned by thanos. Thanos simply sayin surfers energy discharge almost confrims that it was a direct result of his energy output.

The seekers can trace energy given by heralds like a homing signal. There isn't anything that says Surfer made or used a blast to create a black hole. Even in his bio in Annihilation it states that he uses the pc to manipulate energy..which is what he would have had to do in order to create a black hole.

Scientist are trying to create microscopic blackholes as i said( and have been failing).

And as I said they haven't perfected the procedure, BUT they don't require anywhere near planet destroying output.

snoopdogg
I've seen niether of these guys destroy a planet with a blast of thier powers. Superman engulfed the entire Earth with his hv once to warm it up. Granted, that's not destoying it but I'd wager if he wanted to he could have destroyed the Earth. Maybe Avlon can give us the hook up with a scan.

ultimatethor
The seekers can trace energy given by heralds like a homing signal. There isn't anything that says Surfer made or used a blast to create a black hole. Even in his bio in Annihilation it states that he uses the pc to manipulate energy..which is what he would have had to do in order to create a black hole.

And as I said they haven't perfected the procedure, BUT they don't require anywhere near planet destroying output.

We know that SS uses the PC to manipulate energy. that is irrelevant. The fact is that SS does not need to release energy in that manner to manipulate matter .In annihilation thanos mentions surfers enrgy discharge created the blackhole. That strongly suggests that his energy output was the direct cause of it because the focus is on the actual energy discharged and not any form of manipulation.. If it had been as a result of some sort of matter manip, thanos would have not put the focus on the energy being released.

And really theres no need to go over the scientist creating blackholes thing again cuz the blackholes are microscopic and scientist have stil failed to create them. totally irrelevant to surfer.

Avlon
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Superman engulfed the entire Earth with his hv once to warm it up. Granted, that's not destoying it but I'd wager if he wanted to he could have destroyed the Earth. Maybe Avlon can give us the hook up with a scan.

Good to see you on dude. Been a while.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/550/aos6201617hs6.th.jpghttp://img232.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

He can control his HV completly.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9844/advofsupes62306cr6.th.jpghttp://img158.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

snoopdogg

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/550/aos6201617hs6.th.jpghttp://img232.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

He can control his HV completly.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9844/advofsupes62306cr6.th.jpghttp://img158.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif Yea, I've been lying low in the Superman threads. I still watch from the shadows though. big grin

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Both blast can destroy planets, IMO its about even. When has Superman destroyed a planet with heatvision?

They arent even. Surfer is considerably more powerful.

Red Hulk

I don't see what a Superman who was powered up by being right beside a sun (previous to that) has to do with regular Superman. I mean, Surfer destroyed a solar system plus when he was powered up, and no one brings up that.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Red Hulk
I don't see what a Superman who was powered up by being right beside a sun (previous to that) has to do with regular Superman. I mean, Surfer destroyed a solar system plus when he was powered up, and no one brings up that.
Superman is NO where Near the Sun. 200k miles isn't where near the sun. The sun is like millions of miles away.

Red Hulk
Superman is NO where Near the Sun. 200k miles isn't where near the sun. The sun is like millions of miles away. Glad you didn't read the story.

Superman just came back from a trip to the sun (he was right beside it, and you could almost say he entered a portion of it) after taking down the Cannibal Planet, and was brimming with solar energy. Hell, you can even see it in the panel Avlon put up that he was a different color due to the solar energy.

fangirl101
Glad you didn't read the story.

Superman just came back from a trip to the sun (he was right beside it) after taking down the Sun Eater, and was brimming with solar energy. Hell, you can even see it in the panel Avlon put up that he was a different color due to the solar energy.
How does one take down a Sun eater and still have energy left? Every one that has fought one has been drained. The Legion, Parallax, everyone. Superman happens to have left over solar energy?

vlaaad12345
When has surfer destroyed a solar system.

Red Hulk
How does one take down a Sun eater and still have energy left? Every one that has fought one has been drained. The Legion, Parallax, everyone. Superman happens to have left over solar energy? He was right beside the sun, entered the Cannibal Planet, froze its brain ("Quick", "Effective", "Efficient"wink, and came out right beside the sun. no expression

Its called perspective..superman was nowhere near the sun earth is 91 million miles from the sun supes was at 200 thousand,also I can't say I ever remember surfer destroying a solar system. OK. smile

Anyway, he destroyed one in his battle with Unilord.

Superman XX5
Can you post scans of him destroying the solar system. They're not in his respect thread.

Red Hulk
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2833/silversurfer199612022ft5.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2884/silversurfer199612023yp9.jpg

Ambient
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5960/annihilationsilversurfekp8.jpg

Thanos ---- " It is a singularity-- blackhole-- brought about by Surfer's energy discharge."

Energy discharge = Energy blast.. Surfer's energy blast cause a singularity blackhole, similar to a massive sun going supernova which then undergoes into a singularity blackhole... So this energy discharge (blast) equals the strength of a supernova, the "Effect or catalyst" you are referring to.. wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernova
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole

Supernova >>>>>>> HV warming Earth... Just my take on this.. big grin

Supernova would destroy a solarsystem.. hint... hint /\ (above post) wink .

vlaaad12345
They can measure a supenova,supes hv can't be measured,to be honest we probably won't ever see huge omg feats with supes heat vision he just doesn't like going around blowing everything up with it.

Mindset
DC scientist are stupid. smile

Superman XX5
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2884/silversurfer199612023yp9.jpg Wow.

Allankles
They can measure a supenova,supes hv can't be measured,to be honest we probably won't ever see huge omg feats with supes heat vision he just doesn't like going around blowing everything up with it.

Likely. Quality of writing over quantity of uber feats in this case. If his HV energy is in excess of a supernova no reason why he can't destroy a planet with it.

Ambient
Originally posted by Allankles
Likely. Quality of writing over quantity of uber feats in this case. If his HV energy is in excess of a supernova no reason why he can't destroy a planet with it.
No let me fixed that smile ..

Quality of writing over quality of writing and quantity of uberfeats.. MUCH BETTER..lol

IF the word.. wink

The Great Galen

SS has better depictions of energy porjectibility due to the nature of his character, however it's already been confirmed that Supes HV potency is beyond current scientific caculations:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/863/supermansheatvision30nk.jpg

It's a underestimated and frequently underatted power, but just like with SS's strength that is shown to rival savage hulk's power even inspite of underwhealming strength feats to suggest otherwise...it just isn't in Supes character to "destroy star systems".

joshypooh
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2884/silversurfer199612023yp9.jpg Yep. surfer is a lot more powerful than soops.

Allankles
SS has better depictions of energy porjectibility due to the nature of his character, however it's already been confirmed that Supes HV potency is beyond current scientific caculations:

It's a underestimated and frequently underatted power, but just like with SS's strength that is shown to rival savage hulk's power even inspite of underwhealming strength feats to suggest otherwise...it just isn't in Supes character to "destroy star systems".

It's very much underestimated. Supes isn't the type of characters who's going to casually destroy planets. He's a conservationist.

janus77
Surfer wins. no contest here... superman fanboys aside, it's safe to say Superman's not even a blip on the radar in comparison to what Surfer's blasts can do.

Avlon

Bring it up with the guys who wanted to see this scan.

All I showed is that Supes has some fine control over his HV.

Avlon
Originally posted by Ambient
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5960/annihilationsilversurfekp8.jpg

Thanos ---- " It is a singularity-- blackhole-- brought about by Surfer's energy discharge."

Energy discharge = Energy blast.. Surfer's energy blast cause a singularity blackhole, similar to a massive sun going supernova which then undergoes into a singularity blackhole... So this energy discharge (blast) equals the strength of a supernova, the "Effect or catalyst" you are referring to.. wink

Not likely as once again surfer has use use/discharge power in order for any kind of effect to happen. No blast was shown or ever mentioned...and again..in the very next issue...blasts weren't doing much.

Artificial Black holes have been created on tabletops btw.

Oblivion (a figment of Kyle Rayners imagination) caused an event far greater than a black hole... it doesn't mean that Kyle can blast more powerful that Surfer and Supes.

Oh...and Thanos has never blasted open a black hole...guess that means SS must be more powerful than him. LOL

Bentley
Oh...and Thanos has never blasted open a black hole...guess that means SS must be more powerful than him. LOL

But he is shifty

ultimatethor
Not likely as once again surfer has use use/discharge power in order for any kind of effect to happen. No blast was shown or ever mentioned...and again..in the very next issue...blasts weren't doing much.

Artificial Black holes have been created on tabletops btw.

Oblivion (a figment of Kyle Rayners imagination) caused an event far greater than a black hole... it doesn't mean that Kyle can blast more powerful that Surfer and Supes.

Again it was brought about as a direct result of the huge amount of energy surfer discharged. This is obvious from thanos statement. Not some form of mater manipulation.

And actually only SOME aspects of blackholes have been mimiced by scientist on a far far smaller scale. What even did oblivion cause? Did he cause it as an after effect of his energy discharge?

And Thanos has feats much higher than creating a blackhole anyways.( Dropping galactus)

Doctor-Alvis
I would say Surfer's blast is more powerful as it can be modified to exploit weaknesses.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I would say Surfer's blast is more powerful as it can be modified to exploit weaknesses. well superman's Blast have been modified to exploit weaknesses too. He's used his whisle to cancel psionics. He's used his breath to chill opponents and cause gale force winds. He's used his heat vision to Pwn Parademons.

kgkg
SS has destroyed Planet without trying if someone can show similar feat by Superman than we can try to compare what's more powerful.

Heat Vision does have good feat but nothing that would come to the power output SS puts up.

Superman does most of his damage h2h

fangirl101
Originally posted by kgkg
SS has destroyed Planet without trying if someone can show similar feat by Superman than we can try to compare what's more powerful.

Heat Vision does have good feat but nothing that would come to the power output SS puts up.

Superman does most of his damage h2h
Superman has powered the engines of warworld with a blat of heat vision. Food for thought.

ultimatethor
well superman's Blast have been modified to exploit weaknesses too. He's used his whisle to cancel psionics. He's used his breath to chill opponents and cause gale force winds. He's used his heat vision to Pwn Parademons.

Not that this is even relevant but him using how is him using his breathe to freeze things and blow things away modifying his blasts to exploit weakness?

fangirl101
Not that this is even relevant but him using how is him using his breathe to freeze things and blow things away modifying his blasts to exploit weakness?
His breathe used to be used to just blow. But he's learned how to modify it to freeze things. He's learned how to use it to whistle and break telepathic holds. and other insane things.

bbrem123
this is ridiculous obviously surfers blasts r more powerful then supes HV...not say supermans HV isnt powerful cuz it is but it just doesnt compare to what SS can do

say supermans HV is more powerful just means ur a fanboy and nothing more

fangirl101
Originally posted by bbrem123
this is ridiculous obviously surfers blasts r more powerful then supes HV...not say supermans HV isnt powerful cuz it is but it just doesnt compare to what SS can do

say supermans HV is more powerful just means ur a fanboy and nothing more
It's like when people say surfer is as strong as Superman. And that he can amp past Superman's strength. And that Surfer fights at sueprman levels of speed. That is ridiculous. To say such things just means ur a fanboy and nothing more. confused

bbrem123
It's like when people say surfer is as strong as Superman. And that he can amp past Superman's strength. And that Surfer fights at sueprman levels of speed. That is ridiculous. To say such things just means ur a fanboy and nothing more. confused

feat wise super has far greater strength, but it know by everybody that surfer can increase his strength to levels unknown making it impossible to every really know who is stronger

and speed wise surfer has show comparable combat speed shown when he attacked nova

but this is not the topic we r on so it is irrelevant...supes HV has never been show or said to be as powerful surfer blasts...if u can find sufficient evidence that shows comparable feat then maybe u have an argument

fangirl101
feat wise super has far greater strength, but it know by everybody that surfer can increase his strength to levels unknown making it impossible to every really know who is stronger

and speed wise surfer has show comparable combat speed shown when he attacked nova

but this is not the topic we r on so it is irrelevant...supes HV has never been show or said to be as powerful surfer blasts...if u can find sufficient evidence that shows comparable feat then maybe u have an argument
I don't have an argument. cuz I dont' care. I just said that Superman's heat vision had powered warworld before. It has also matched the Omega beams. ( Not the force of effect). And it's on shotted Despero.
one a skyfather, the other a trans leveler.

bbrem123
I don't have an argument. cuz I dont' care. I just said that Superman's heat vision had powered warworld before. It has also matched the Omega beams. ( Not the force of effect). And it's on shotted Despero.
one a skyfather, the other a trans leveler.

if u dont care then y r u in this thread?

fangirl101
if u dont care then y r u in this thread?
Just to see the ridiculous arguments being presented on either side. people using surfer's cosmic effects as part of his blast power. Or People using Superman's control over his HV as part of the potency of his blast power. Neither are good gauges.

quanchi112

It's a underestimated and frequently underatted power, but just like with SS's strength that is shown to rival savage hulk's power even inspite of underwhealming strength feats to suggest otherwise...it just isn't in Supes character to "destroy star systems". Superman cant destroy solar systems. I havent even seen him destroy a planet. Seriously,Surfer is a lot more powerful. The ignorance in this thread and the excuses are laughable.

Superman is powerful but not as powerful as Surfer. Thats it. Unless anyone has any scans to say otherwise.

ToughMind
laughing I could not stop laughing looking at the thread title. Surfer creams Superman in this category. Since someone brought up Superman's combat speed. Surfer is far from slow in terms of combat speed but what good is combat speed going to do you when you have a being flying on his board who is must faster than you firing energy blasts that connect.

ultimatethor
Just to see the ridiculous arguments being presented on either side. people using surfer's cosmic effects as part of his blast power. Or People using Superman's control over his HV as part of the potency of his blast power. Neither are good gauges.

Nobody is using any" cosmic" effects to judge surfers blast power.

skygunner41
Swiss army tool (HV) VS Surfer Energy Blast (PC The ultimate plot device blast)...hmm I think Surfer had an advantage here.

The Great Galen

Well first off SS doesn't have combat speed even comparable to Supes, all he did was grab Nova by the throat at his speeds...on his board lol. Secondly did you just say"Supes HV has never been shown or said to be as poweful as Sufers blast"...would you really expect a rival company to make mention of something like that lol.

occultdestroyer
I'm surprised no one has mentioned
Superman's HV overpowering Darksied's Omega Beams

The Great Galen
Originally posted by quanchi112
Superman cant destroy solar systems. I havent even seen him destroy a planet. Seriously,Surfer is a lot more powerful. The ignorance in this thread and the excuses are laughable.

Superman is powerful but not as powerful as Surfer. Thats it. Unless anyone has any scans to say otherwise.

Thanos has never destroyed a planet or solar system either, in fact I dont even remember someone like RKT wrecking a planet if im not mistaken. You're attempt of downplaying his power is what's laughable, I never doubt SS has more feats with his energy blast but like I said before it isnt in Supes character to destroy planets.

We will never get a scan of Supes destroying a planet...even though we have examples of how physically potent his strikes are or even how hot is HV is, and you know why...it isnt in hic character.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
I'm surprised no one has mentioned
Superman's HV overpowering Darksied's Omega Beams

Or even matching Orion's astrol force...oh and Orion did say his blast could slice through planets. Wish I had the scans were it was stated but I remember him mentioning it.

fangirl101
Or even matching Orion's astrol force...oh and Orion did say his blast could slice through planets. Wish I had the scans were it was stated but I remember him mentioning it.
Orion's AF has Turned back a force meant to destroy the Universe. It's also destroyed a star system in battle with the IM.

quanchi112
Thanos has never destroyed a planet or solar system either, in fact I dont even remember someone like RKT wrecking a planet if im not mistaken. You're attempt of downplaying his power is what's laughable, I never doubt SS has more feats with his energy blast but like I said before it isnt in Supes character to destroy planets.

We will never get a scan of Supes destroying a planet...even though we have examples of how physically potent his strikes are or even how hot is HV is, and you know why...it isnt in hic character. I never said he did.

Supes has never defeated the Surfer or someone comparable as easily as Thanos has pwned the Surfer though.

Supes cant destroy a solar system under his own power. If you disagree tell me why.

Supes can destroy a planet imo but we dont know how quickly or how many strikes it would take.

fangirl101
I never said he did.

Supes has never defeated the Surfer or someone comparable as easily as Thanos has pwned the Surfer though.

Supes cant destroy a solar system under his own power. If you disagree tell me why.

Supes can destroy a planet imo but we dont know how quickly or how many strikes it would take.
He has matched Orion who can destroy more than a solar system.

quanchi112
He has matched Orion who can destroy more than a solar system. When did he do this on his own?

Stoic
Yea when he caught Nova it was his reactionary reflexes in question, not his combat speed. Surfer as well as all of Galactus' creations have shown that they can dodge, or catch just about anything because of their cosmic awareness.

If these 2 fought, H2H I have no doubt at all that Surfer would be able to catch Supes like he caught Nova, even if he (Spuperman) were to be moving at light speeds combat or otherwise.

As for this thread, I'm pretty sure it would be close as both of these guys harness cosmic energy, and can use it like a vehichle uses gas, I gusee it would depend on who is more efficient at harnessing it.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Stoic
Yea when he caught Nova it was his reactionary reflexes in question, not his combat speed. Surfer as well as all of Galactus' creations have shown that they can dodge, or catch just about anything because of their cosmic awareness.

If these 2 fought, H2H I have no doubt at all that Surfer would be able to catch Supes like he caught Nova, even if he (Spuperman) were to be moving at light speeds combat or otherwise.

As for this thread, I'm pretty sure it would be close as both of these guys harness cosmic energy, and can use it like a vehichle uses gas, I gusee it would depend on who is more efficient at harnessing it.

Nah, Supes has far quicker combat speed reflex and movement. SS couldnt even sucker punch Thanos when he tried. Anyhow like I said ther projectiles can go either way, its more difficult with Supes since we have never seen the upper limits of his HV.

quanchi112
Nah, Supes has far quicker combat speed reflex and movement. SS couldnt even sucker punch Thanos when he tried. Anyhow like I said ther projectiles can go either way, its more difficult with Supes since we have never seen the upper limits of his HV. So,with what we have seen who is more powerful?

The Great Galen
I said already, SS has more impressive showings since he actually bothers to use his energy projectiles unlike Supes.

Enyalus

For one, that's Earth science. Much less advanced than, say, New God science. Secondly, she compares it with a standard industrial laser...

Nah, Supes has far quicker combat speed reflex and movement. SS couldnt even sucker punch Thanos when he tried.

...Are you referring to the time that Thanos had the full Infinity Gauntlet, and thus essentially infinite strength and speed?

fangirl101
For one, that's Earth science. Much less advanced than, say, New God science. Secondly, she compares it with a standard industrial laser...

...Are you referring to the time that Thanos had the full Infinity Gauntlet, and thus essentially infinite strength and speed? I thought Thanos had cut himself off from everything but infinite power. Um yeah. Right.

vlaaad12345
There are ridiculously advanced dc scientists on earth and even the piss poor in comparison ones we have on our earth can easily measure into the billions of degrees,and she compares it to a laser to give people a reference.....it has nothing to do with power.

Enyalus
I thought Thanos had cut himself off from everything but infinite power. Um yeah. Right.

If I recall correctly, he cuts himself off from omniscience. He's still wielding the full power of the gauntlet.

If I'm wrong, though, please correct me. Been a while since I read the arc.

fangirl101
If I recall correctly, he cuts himself off from omniscience. He's still wielding the full power of the gauntlet.

If I'm wrong, though, please correct me. Been a while since I read the arc. He cut himself off from the sensory imput of every gem and only used the power gem to amp his own abilities.

Enyalus
He cut himself off from the sensory imput of every gem and only used the power gem to amp his own abilities.

I remember the sensory imput part. I don't recall the last bit, about the power gem. But no difference, as the power gem allows him to replicate virtually any physical feat...including superspeed.

And SS was traveling at multiple times lightspeed when blitzing him, so I don't even understand what Galen was attempting to argue - unless it was that Thanos has FTL reflexes. In which case, I'd agree simply to give Thanos an even bigger edge in the Henshaw vs. Thanos thread. stick out tongue

fangirl101
I remember the sensory imput part. I don't recall the last bit, about the power gem. But no difference, as the power gem allows him to replicate virtually any physical feat...including superspeed.

And SS was traveling at multiple times lightspeed when blitzing him, so I don't even understand what Galen was attempting to argue - unless it was that Thanos has FTL reflexes. In which case, I'd agree simply to give Thanos an even bigger edge in the Henshaw vs. Thanos thread. stick out tongue
no. The space gem and the time gems would allow him speed. as speed is movement in a direction with in a certain amount time.

Enyalus
no. The space gem and the time gems would allow him speed. as speed is movement in a direction with in a certain amount time.

The Power gem 'contains access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist,' as well as replicating nearly any superhuman ability and granting himself invulnerability. You're going to tell me he can't give himself super speed?

The Space Gem has nothing to do with speed. The Runner wasn't fast because he had the Space Gem. When he used it, he was teleporting to where he wanted to go faster than he thought of the location. When he's blitzing Thanos, for instance - it's all him.

fangirl101
The Power gem 'contains access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist,' as well as replicating nearly any superhuman ability and granting himself invulnerability. You're going to tell me he can't give himself super speed?

The Space Gem has nothing to do with speed. The Runner wasn't fast because he had the Space Gem. When he used it, he was teleporting to where he wanted to go faster than he thought of the location. When he's blitzing Thanos, for instance - it's all him.
No. You have it all wrong. Energy is just energy. But movement form place to place requires time and space and motion. Thanos did not give himself super speed with the PG.

Enyalus
No. You have it all wrong. Energy is just energy. But movement form place to place requires time and space and motion. Thanos did not give himself super speed with the PG.

Okay. smile

Then Thanos has FTL reflexes.

fangirl101
Okay. smile

Then Thanos has FTL reflexes.
Except when the Runner was blitzing him.

Enyalus
Except when the Runner was blitzing him.

Nope, that just means Runner was multiple times faster than Surfer's FTL speeds.

Ambient
No blast was shown or ever mentioned...and again..in the very next issue...blasts weren't doing much.

Id say this is a blast \/ \/ \/

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5159/annihilationsilversurfeay7.jpg

In the very next issue, Surfers energy discharge destroyed a planet.. I say "discharge" because there was no mention of blast anywhere in that issue roll eyes (sarcastic) ..

Oh...and Thanos has never blasted open a black hole...

guess that means SS must be more powerful than him. LOL
Did Oblivion made so called horizon blackhole thorough energy discharge? No, more like willed it to appear like how Kyle willed the GL corps...

No.. Did Thanos survived being inside a blackhole? Yes

If you say so wink ..

darthgoober
Surfer, no contest.

zeel

"Why?"

This is a example of poor and unreliable writeing again. supes heat vision does this much dmg to a star yet peers to supes or even weaker beaings had shrugged his heat vision off like it was nothing.

Thor (REG) captian marvel and many other just laugh at his heat vision.

SS blasts vs supes heat vision i dunno.

zeel
Supes has repaired reality with his heat vision.

Yet another example of shitty writing on the part of some poor bored writer.

Repairing reality gimmie a break ROFL.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by zeel
This is a example of poor and unreliable writeing again. supes heat vision does this much dmg to a star yet peers to supes or even weaker beaings had shrugged his heat vision off like it was nothing.

Yea because superman doesn't regularly hold back against every single person he fights........o wait,in fact the only person I believe he has ever tried to use full force heat vision on is the source amped infinity man,superman having power is piss poor writing but surfer having it is ok right? sick

Avlon
Id say this is a blast \/ \/ \/

Surfer outrunning light. Where is the blast? Nothing is out of his hands....check his hands by the way...

Check and mate.

In the very next issue, Surfers energy discharge destroyed a planet.. I say "discharge" because there was no mention of blast anywhere in that issue roll eyes (sarcastic) ..

And nobody said SS couldn't destroy a planet...

Did Oblivion made so called horizon blackhole thorough energy discharge? No, more like willed it to appear like how Kyle willed the GL corps...

Strange...the willpower is a catalyst for the energy which creates effects... kinda like a certain power of cosmic proportions...

No.. Did Thanos survived being inside a blackhole? Yes

So have GL's...and didn't look as bad as him. Supes contained one in his hand. Surfer strangely enough survived one with his combined power with redshift.

If you say so wink ..

No problem. I do based by the logic in this thread.

Avlon
Yet another example of shitty writing on the part of some poor bored writer.

Repairing reality gimmie a break ROFL.

Because a naked guy flying around space on a board without a defined powerset for a big headed drag queen isn't stupid. Matter of fact, it's so great that a title can't keep the interest of the public long enough to keep a running series.

Allankles
Because a naked guy flying around space on a board without a defined powerset for a big headed drag queen isn't stupid. Matter of fact, it's so great that a title can't keep the interest of the public long enough to keep a running series.

Not surprising that SS has problem with sales, I keep saying he has an ambiguous power set. You need to have staples, trademark powers.

Red Hulk
Surfer outrunning light. Where is the blast? Nothing is out of his hands....check his hands by the way...

Check and mate.

So have GL's...and didn't look as bad as him. Supes contained one in his hand. Surfer strangely enough survived one with his combined power with redshift.
The 'light' is what Surfer made that was called a black hole. He fired an attack, ran away, and an explosion, or whatever you want to call it came about in the scan you're looking at.

Thanos can't fly, and Thanos can't teleport without his ship (as much as I hate to admit it). Thanos still managed to get out of the black hole... so it's a little different than Surfer or GL's.

Avlon
The 'light' is what Surfer made that was called a black hole. He fired an attack, ran away, and an explosion, or whatever you want to call it came about in the scan you're looking at.

Read back to previous posts... I never said SS did not make a black hole... but it wasn't some cosmic blast. It was an effect of the PC.

Thanos can't fly, and Thanos can't teleport without his ship (as much as I hate to admit it). Thanos still managed to get out of the black hole... so it's a little different than Surfer or GL's.

GL's were forcefully pulled through one though and made it though. Thanos got out of his black hole...and it seems that in annihilation he and skreet weren't eager to deal with one either.

Surfers battle in the black hole wasn't his. It was a combination of his pc and red shift's abilities protecting them both.

Why hate to admit that Thanos can't teleport without his tech (a lot of his power is based off his ship which for some reason cosmics with a certain awareness can't figure out) when the best Thanos is the cunning one vs the powered brick with dumbed down enemies?

ultimatethor

Surfers battle in the black hole wasn't his. It was a combination of his pc and red shift's abilities protecting them both.

Oh come on. Even u know that isnt true.

Red Hulk
Read back to previous posts... I never said SS did not make a black hole... but it wasn't some cosmic blast. It was an effect of the PC.

"Surfer outrunning light. Where is the blast? Nothing is out of his hands....check his hands by the way..."

And the 'light' was from a blast Surfer made earlier.

GL's were forcefully pulled through one though and made it though. Thanos got out of his black hole...and it seems that in annihilation he and skreet weren't eager to deal with one either. GL's can keep on moving though.

Thanos essentially travels as fast as you or me.

And Thanos made no mention of not wanting to deal with the black hole, he just didn't care.

Huh?

Why try and point this out to me? You brought it up, I just said it was different than Thanos's.

And besides, Red Shift wasn't protecting them both... he wanted Surfer dead, and Surfer survived well enough on his own after he took care of Red Shift anyway. And if it's his PC that was protecting him, then why even bring this up? His PC is always with him, and besides, it was his cosmic shell that was protecting him, which again is always surrounding him.

Why hate to admit that Thanos can't teleport without his tech (a lot of his power is based off his ship which for some reason cosmics with a certain awareness can't figure out) when the best Thanos is the cunning one vs the powered brick with dumbed down enemies? Because I hate to admit it ? Why would I even need to expand on this?

And the only power on panel that ever comes from his ship is his teleportation of himself, and when he needs more shields (which was once against Galactus).

Avlon
"Surfer outrunning light. Where is the blast? Nothing is out of his hands....check his hands by the way..."

And the 'light' was from a blast Surfer made earlier.

Ok...and if you looked at earlier pages...this has been covered. NOTHING of a blast was stated in comic.

GL's can keep on moving though.

Thanos essentially travels as fast as you or me.

And Thanos made no mention of not wanting to deal with the black hole, he just didn't care.

The GL's didn't. I don't care if Thanos made a mention. I just know what I saw on panel.

Huh?

Why try and point this out to me? You brought it up, I just said it was different than Thanos's.

It was a general statement..there are plenty of eyes on all responses.

And besides, Red Shift wasn't protecting them both... he wanted Surfer dead, and Surfer survived well enough on his own after he took care of Red Shift anyway. And if it's his PC that was protecting him, then why even bring this up? His PC is always with him, and besides, it was his cosmic shell that was protecting him, which again is always surrounding him.

Never said Red Shift was protecting them both. I said it was a combination of their power. Surfer barely made it out of there.

Because I hate to admit it ? Why would I even need to expand on this?

Never asked you to.

And the only power on panel that ever comes from his ship is his teleportation of himself, and when he needs more shields (which was once against Galactus).

Not according to Walker.

The Great Galen

You know I might be confusing this with a PC feat but hasn't Supes exploding stars with his HV?

Red Hulk
Ok...and if you looked at earlier pages...this has been covered. NOTHING of a blast was stated in comic. no expression

Anyway, this is what you said:

And it wasn't just light, it was what Surfer created (that was essentially a black hole), is what I'm trying to say. Surfer hit Air Walker with some sort of attack that exploded when he was running away.

Anyway, I think what Ambient was trying to say was that Surfer created something so strong that it made an explosion that created a black hole. Although it could also be seen as light and substances being pulled into a black hole (although that would mean that it would have grown extremely large in a short amount of time).

The GL's didn't. I don't care if Thanos made a mention. I just know what I saw on panel. So, the GL's just didn't move at all when they went into the black hole? Either way, there shields are good, so nothing unusual there, but what I'm saying is that Thanos had to feel the full force of the black hole, and by some miracle he got out.

What did you see on panel? Because Thanos didn't seem at all worried or interested...

It was a general statement..there are plenty of eyes on all responses. OK.

Never said Red Shift was protecting them both. I said it was a combination of their power. Surfer barely made it out of there.
It was said that they were 'shielded by their own enormous and almost equal power', which to me indicates that both by themselves are enough to survive in there.

Surfer had to go through a portal or else he would have been stuck in the black hole for presumably forever. He may have barely made it out of there (he had to grow to a size where atoms looked like planets), but I don't see what that's supposed to mean.

Never asked you to. You asked me a question regarding it...

Not according to Walker. According to Walker Death was killing him in a realm she had no dominion over... until she explained it.
He also thought that Death being mortal made her sensitive.

I don't see how him saying one statement means anything, when it has never been confirmed by Thanos.

Doctor-Alvis
well superman's Blast have been modified to exploit weaknesses too.
How so?

vansonbee
You know I might be confusing this with a PC feat but hasn't Supes exploding stars with his HV? OK do you have scan of this this feat?

and there also different between destroying a star and reaction effect.

Still can't believe you guys are still debating HV or PC is stronger duryellowhulk

Mindship
As I see it: a Surfer energy blast is mainly what he does: it's virtually his signature attack, just like Superman punching is mainly what Supes does. To consider that Superman's heat vision is more powerful than the Surfer's cosmic bolts is like saying the Surfer can punch harder than Superman.

quanchi112

Thanos can't fly, and Thanos can't teleport without his ship (as much as I hate to admit it). Thanos still managed to get out of the black hole... so it's a little different than Surfer or GL's. Thanos can teleport without his ship. I dont know where you are getting this from.

Hitman911
Piccolo blew up the moon......... while standing on Earth............. in the Saiyan Saga.......... just food for thought lol.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Mindship
As I see it: a Surfer energy blast is mainly what he does: it's virtually his signature attack, just like Superman punching is mainly what Supes does. To consider that Superman's heat vision is more powerful than the Surfer's cosmic bolts is like saying the Surfer can punch harder than Superman.

Well that's what I said on the early onset of this thread. It's in SS character to blast projectiles and so obviously he will have a better wealth of high end feats in regards to this. Supes HV is powerful but we will never see him ultalize it to the same degree as SS, it simply isnt in his character.

quanchi112
Well that's what I said on the early onset of this thread. It's in SS character to blast projectiles and so obviously he will have a better wealth of high end feats in regards to this. Supes HV is powerful but we will never see him ultalize it to the same degree as SS, it simply isnt in his character. You dont think its in Surfer's character to hold back just like Superman?

Superman wasnt holding back against WW when he heatvisioned her. Im not that impressed.

Mindship
Well that's what I said on the early onset of this thread ... Supes HV is powerful but we will never see him ultalize it to the same degree as SS, it simply isnt in his character.
I don't know if we are saying the same thing. I infer that you're saying Supes' HV is, in fact, as powerful as the Surfer's bolts...we'll just never see that because it's not in Supes' character to use energy to the same extent. I'm saying HV, in fact, is not as powerful as SS's bolts, period, because it's not in the nature of the character by design. I mean, suppose I wrote this...

Surfer's punches are powerful but we will never see him utilize them to the same degree as Superman, it simply isn't in his character.

TheBadguy
Originally posted by Hitman911
Piccolo blew up the moon......... while standing on Earth............. in the Saiyan Saga.......... just food for thought lol.

Thats nothing to those guys, Master Roshi did it in dragonball. I found it hilarious that they thought it less trouble to blow up the damn moon instead of just covering Goku's eyes.

Red Hulk
Thanos can teleport without his ship. I dont know where you are getting this from. Can I get a scan?

Ambient
Fore the scan i posted in earlier post..

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9429/annihilationsilversurfeiv2.jpg

He killed Gabriel then discharge a time delayed energy bomb..
Fyi. No lifeforce no pc...

Blast scan --- check
Somethin comin out of his hand --- check

Check and mate. --- nah try again...

This was my reply from your post (below)..\/ \/ \/
and again..in the very next issue...blasts weren't doing much.
Destroying a planet on panel isn't much???

Might be the case for all GL but not pc.. This is however a diff. topic i care not to dwell right now..

Oblivion willed timespace/reality to make such effect... No energy discharge/blast ever mentioned, it just appeared in space.. totally unlike how Surfer created the blackhole effect through the strength of his blast in "effect" a blackhole was created.. There was no mention of Surfer manipulating time and space like say Oblivion's feat but cept a mention of an energy discharge back by a panel showing a big blast of it..

There was no mention of SS >>>> Thanos in here thread cept by you..

So clapping your logic is thumb up ..... eek!
Anyway, I think what Ambient was trying to say was that Surfer created something so strong that it made an explosion that created a black hole. Although it could also be seen as light and substances being pulled into a black hole (although that would mean that it would have grown extremely large in a short amount of time).
Its exactly what I'm saying unlike Avy interpretation of it, more into matter manipulation even dough there was no mention of anything close to it... : no expression

The Great Galen
I don't know if we are saying the same thing. I infer that you're saying Supes' HV is, in fact, as powerful as the Surfer's bolts...we'll just never see that because it's not in Supes' character to use energy to the same extent. I'm saying HV, in fact, is not as powerful as SS's bolts, period, because it's not in the nature of the character by design. I mean, suppose I wrote this...

Surfer's punches are powerful but we will never see him utilize them to the same degree as Superman, it simply isn't in his character.

So are you suggesting SS punches are as powerful as Supes punches but because of his battle tendencies we will never see it ultalize. IMO Supes HV upper limit is unknown, we all its powerful but the exact extent is speculative.

The Great Galen
You dont think its in Surfer's character to hold back just like Superman?

Superman wasnt holding back against WW when he heatvisioned her. Im not that impressed.

LMAO, this was already explained sometime ago.

Mindship
So are you suggesting SS punches are as powerful as Supes punches but because of his battle tendencies we will never see it ultalize. IMO Supes HV upper limit is unknown, we all its powerful but the exact extent is speculative. Generally I don't think of the Surfer's punches being as powerful as Superman's. I suppose I could launch into a "Surfer can amp himself" rational, but I don't like that route anymore than the "Superman will speedblitz" tactic. Basically, I think of it like this...

Superman punch > HV
Superman punch > Surfer punch

Cosmic bolt > Surfer punch
Cosmic bolt > HV

As for how a Superman punch and a cosmic bolt compare...that's another thread. shifty

The Great Galen
Generally I don't think of the Surfer's punches being as powerful as Superman's. I suppose I could launch into a "Surfer can amp himself" rational, but I don't like that route anymore than the "Superman will speedblitz" tactic. Basically, I think of it like this...

Superman punch > HV

Cosmic bolt > HV

As for how a Superman punch and a cosmic bolt compare...that's another thread. shifty

The speedblitz example have acutal merit though and its a normal battle tendency of his. On the note of Supes HV potency, he has matched Orions AF...which as everyone knows is incredibly powerful.

ultimatethor
Generally I don't think of the Surfer's punches being as powerful as Superman's. I suppose I could launch into a "Surfer can amp himself" rational, but I don't like that route anymore than the "Superman will speedblitz" tactic. Basically, I think of it like this...

Superman punch > HV

Cosmic bolt > HV

Yeah thats pretty accurate.

but ill help u wit d last bit

surfer cosmic bolt>>superman punch

The Great Galen
Yeah thats pretty accurate.

but ill help u wit d last bit

surfer cosmic bolt>>superman punch

BP Armbar>Power cosmic smile

Red Hulk
BP Armbar>Power cosmic smile Reported.

fangirl101
BP Armbar>Power cosmic smile
Don't get banned over something so trivial.

Badabing
BP Armbar>Power cosmic smile Consider this another warning. Thanks.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Badabing
Consider this another warning. Thanks. no temporaries ban? GOD I wasted a tissue. whistle

Avlon
Fore the scan i posted in earlier post..

He killed Gabriel then discharge a time delayed energy bomb..
Fyi. No lifeforce no pc...

Really? Where did you get no pc from?

Blast scan --- check
Somethin comin out of his hand --- check

Check and mate. --- nah try again...

This was my reply from your post (below)..\/ \/ \/

Destroying a planet on panel isn't much???

Don't know what you are talking about.

Might be the case for all GL but not pc.. This is however a diff. topic i care not to dwell right now..

Oblivion willed timespace/reality to make such effect... No energy discharge/blast ever mentioned, it just appeared in space.. totally unlike how Surfer created the blackhole effect through the strength of his blast in "effect" a blackhole was created.. There was no mention of Surfer manipulating time and space like say Oblivion's feat but cept a mention of an energy discharge back by a panel showing a big blast of it..

There also wasn't a mention of a blast.

There was no mention of SS >>>> Thanos in here thread cept by you..

So clapping your logic is thumb up ..... eek!

err..ok

Its exactly what I'm saying unlike Avy interpretation of it, more into matter manipulation even dough there was no mention of anything close to it... : no expression

There is nothing showing your interpretation either although I see you looking hard for it. Again, the next issue...blasts aren't doing much.

Ambient
Really? Where did you get no pc from?
I was referring to Garbriel final death at Surfer's hand.. "PC is a herald's life force, once death succumbs then pc ceases to exist", the word of Thanos..lol
Don't know what you are talking about.
I was replying to your post regarding Surfer's blast not doing much in the next issue after the blackhole feat.. I then said that the next issue after said feat, his blast destroyed a planet..

You ask for an energy coming out of Surfer hand.. \/ \/ --- check

You ask for an energy blast.. \/ \/ --- check

That panel should speak for itself.. If that's not a blast of energy then what would you call it?

The source would be pc, the catalyst would be that energy discharge. The potency (strength) of that energy discharge cause "effect" a singularity blackhole... So yes it is the strength of that blast..

I hardly think Surfer is in a level where he just discharge a subtle amount of energy to bend spacetime/reality and poof a blackhole..
There also wasn't a mention of a blast.

Like i said the scan speaks for itself, it does not have to be in context...

like say the scan.. \/ \/ below

http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aos6201617hs6.jpg

Heat vision?? There is no mention of an energy blast anywhere in there... Kinda like the scan i posted..

Heat vision ----- Energy discharge (depicted in drawing and in Thanos word) are both energy blast..

There is nothing showing your interpretation either although I see you looking hard for it. Again, the next issue...blasts aren't doing much.

Nah my interpretation supports the depiction shown on panel.. I don't think Surfer is on a level where a subtle discharge of energy bends spacetime/reality and poof comes a blackhole, there needs to be some kind of physical reaction for him to make blackhole feat.. But if you think he is then --- hey, your a much bigger fan of him than i am.. stick out tongue

next issue blast \/ \/ did that...

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4227/annihilationsilversurfegj7.jpg

quanchi112
Can I get a scan? Is this really necessary?

vansonbee
Is this really necessary?
Teleportation
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9577/other31vd3.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1228/other32rk6.jpg

Shield
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1909/fight86yk9.jpg

fangirl101

Shield
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1909/fight86yk9.jpg
Yup. He's definitely using his ship's tech.

quanchi112

Shield
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1909/fight86yk9.jpg Yep he can teleport without tech. The third scan though shows him using a shield but he is accessing it through his chair.

There are other scans though where he accesses shields.

Red Hulk
Is this really necessary? I haven't seen it, you said he can... so yes?

Shield
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1909/fight86yk9.jpg I don't see any mention of him doing it under his own power, and even if he did, his powers from the old days are completely forgotten it seems (as he I haven't seen him teleport without tech nowadays, or can't remember it happening from those days as well).

Why post scans of his shields? I know he can create them without tech...
And yes, I was wrong earlier, I forgot that his ship was destroyed when he fought Galactus. So... only teleportation is in question from me anyway...

I'd be more than happy for one of you to prove me wrong though.

quanchi112
I haven't seen it, you said he can... so yes?

I don't see any mention of him doing it under his own power, and even if he did, his powers from the old days are completely forgotten it seems (as he I haven't seen him teleport without tech nowadays, or can't remember it happening from those days as well).

Why post scans of his shields? I know he can create them without tech...
And yes, I was wrong earlier, I forgot that his ship was destroyed when he fought Galactus. So... only teleportation is in question from me anyway...

I'd be more than happy for one of you to prove me wrong though. It isnt is easier with tech,but in the old days and in the Magus story he does it without tech.

abhilegend
Bump.

mmm

Oh and HV wins.

Philosophía
Superman's heat vision, handily.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>