Gladiator w/Gem of Cytorrak Vs SMP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superman XX5
Gladiator has Juggernauts gem.

Vs

Current SMP with the solarsuit

Who wins?

quanchi112
Glads. Its kind of unfair to give him that gem.

Red Hulk
Would/could the Gem boost his strength?

It seems he'd either be Juggernaut strength with Juggernaut durability (plus Glad's powers), or he'd be Glad's strength with Juggernaut's durability (depending on who you think is stronger).

I know it can power up, but I can't see it multiplying strength.

The Great Galen
The gem grants a potion of cyttorak's power in addition to the wielders strength, it's a additivce in sense. A boast like this would compliment a powerset like Glads quite incredibly and although he would certainly be apporaching skyfather level I remain convinced it wouldnt be enough to take SMP....SMP for the solid majority.

Mindset
Originally posted by The Great Galen
The gem grants a potion of cyttorak's power in addition to the wielders strength, it's a additivce in sense. A boast like this would compliment a powerset like Glads quite incredibly and although he would certainly be apporaching skyfather level I remain convinced it wouldnt be enough to take SMP....SMP for the solid majority. What?

Current SMP is w/o the Guardian upgrade, and you think he is skyfather?

Red Hulk
The gem grants a potion of cyttorak's power in addition to the wielders strength, it's a additivce in sense. A boast like this would compliment a powerset like Glads quite incredibly and although he would certainly be apporaching skyfather level I remain convinced it wouldnt be enough to take SMP....SMP for the solid majority. Can you give me a scan?

Anyway, I really can't see Glads losing if that's what it does...

jalek moye
so now glads is alot harder to slow down and stop

plus cant be hurt by physical force anymore and since he can fly he's not gonna be BFR'd, and he cant get tired.

yea glads wins

doesnt the gem also give the wielder a healing factor

Mindset
Originally posted by jalek moye
so now glads is alot harder to slow down and stop

plus cant be hurt by physical force anymore and since he can fly he's not gonna be BFR'd, and he cant get tired.

yea glads wins

doesnt the gem also give the wielder a healing factor yes

He'd be essentially immortal.

vansonbee
The gem grants a potion of cyttorak's power in addition to the wielders strength, it's a additivce in sense. A boast like this would compliment a powerset like Glads quite incredibly and although he would certainly be apporaching skyfather level I remain convinced it wouldnt be enough to take SMP....SMP for the solid majority. jobbing on Glad and does quickie on SMP?

Glad flying toward SMP with cytorrak momentum knock smp out cold....

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Mindset
What?

Current SMP is w/o the Guardian upgrade, and you think he is skyfather?

SMP still has PC Supes level attributes, with or without the amp he is still a imposing figure.

Mindset
SMP still has PC Supes level attributes, with or without the amp he is still a imposing figure. Yes, but skyfather, no.

I'd put him on the same level as this Glads, except Glads has the advantage imo.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Can you give me a scan?

Anyway, I really can't see Glads losing if that's what it does...

There isn't really any"Scans", just what's stated about the gem in bio's and handbooks. It's all inferential to be perfectly honest, although it does state that the gem"granst a portion of cytorraks power"it could mean a number of things. I just prefer to think of it as a additive since that seems like the more logical route to take.

Knowsbleed33
Whoever wields the power of Cyttorak can't be killed unless you seperate him from the power or the being your fighting is more powerful than Cyttorak and can simply over-power the enchantment.

Current SMP is capable of neither.

The Great Galen
Yes, but skyfather, no.

I'd put him on the same level as this Glads, except Glads has the advantage imo.

I'd say skyfather, maybe not "peak skyfather"but a skyfather character regardless...even if it is on it's lower ranks. Anyhow Glad's would be good with this amp but enough enough to overcome SMP IMO...good effort but he would fall short for the majority.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Whoever wields the power of Cyttorak can't be killed unless you seperate him from the power or the being your fighting is more powerful than Cyttorak and can simply over-power the enchantment.

Current SMP is capable of neither.

I don't really see anything from Glad's that can effect SMP in any serious manner, lesser foes like onslaught have proven the ability to KO juggy and that is good enough for secure a victory IMO.

Mindset
I'd say skyfather, maybe not "peak skyfather"but a skyfather character regardless...even if it is on it's lower ranks. Anyhow Glad's would be good with this amp but enough enough to overcome SMP IMO...good effort but he would fall short for the majority. How would Glads fall short?

He can already punch apart planets, now add the strength of the gem that had Juggs at equal strength with WWH.

Glads would also have immortality and a healing factor. Invulnerability to most damage.

I don't even see how SBP is beating him. Only thing he has over Glads is maybe combat speed.

vansonbee
I don't really see anything from Glad's that can effect SMP in any serious manner, lesser foes like onslaught have proven the ability to KO juggy and that is good enough for secure a victory IMO.
SMP > Onslaught lol how scary
lame
Onslaught beating Jugg has nothing to do with SMP O_O

The Great Galen
How would Glads fall short?

He can already punch apart planets, now add the strength of the gem that had Juggs at equal strength with WWH.

Glads would also have immortality and a healing factor. Invulnerability to most damage.

I don't even see how SBP is beating him. Only thing he has over Glads is maybe combat speed.

Glad's can trash planets within a couple of blows but SMP>>>Superman in all aspects. It's highly that that Gladiator is even comparable to Supes and SMP is essentially supes with his silver age attributes. Glad's has invulnerabtility but it isn't like Juggs hasnt been physically hurt before...Glads feats still havnt convinced me that he can compete with regular Supes let alone SMP.

jalek moye
Glad's can trash planets within a couple of blows but SMP>>>Superman in all aspects. It's highly that that Gladiator is even comparable to Supes and SMP is essentially supes with his silver age attributes. Glad's has invulnerabtility but it isn't like Juggs hasnt been physically hurt before...Glads feats still havnt convinced me that he can compete with regular Supes let alone SMP.
when has juggs been phsyically hurt when fully powered and not attacked by a psionic bein?

Knowsbleed33
SMP could burn Gladernaut down to the skeleton and it wouldn't do any good.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by vansonbee
SMP > Onslaught lol how scary
lame
Onslaught beating Jugg has nothing to do with SMP O_O

It just shows Juggs can be injured physically, if SMP comes bullrushing him at top speed with a mean haymaker then i don't see why Glads wouldnt be injured or even KO'ed for a bried momment.

Mindset
SBP is SBP, don't try to compare him to Silver Age Supes.

Other than Onslaught who has physically hurt Juggs? The Onslaught incident was a debacle, if you read X-men you know that.

Glad's feats don't need to convince you he can compete with Supes, what relevance does that have? Maybe if we were talking about regular Glads..

The Great Galen
SBP is SBP, don't try to compare him to Silver Age Supes.

Other than Onslaught who has physically hurt Juggs? The Onslaught incident was a debacle, if you read X-men you know that.

Glad's feats don't need to convince you he can compete with Supes, what relevance does that have? Maybe if we were talking about regular Glads..

I'm quite aware of the"PIS"that was onslaught...and inspite of however I personally feel about it (like with the SS armbar)it doesnt change the fact that it happened. Anyhow the point im making is that SMP=PC Superman and Glads+Gem of Cytorrak=Unknown. If it's a additive to Glads power is it still comparable to PC Supes level power?

jalek moye
I'm quite aware of the"PIS"that was onslaught...and inspite of however I personally feel about it (like with the SS armbar)it doesnt change the fact that it happened. Anyhow the point im making is that SMP=PC Superman and Glads+Gem of Cytorrak=Unknown. If it's a additive to Glads power is it still comparable to PC Supes level power?

well some PIS things that happened dont even matter becuase they are soo stupid

like spider man beating firelord or black panther putting silver sufer in an armbar. Or captain america knocking out hulk

The Great Galen
Originally posted by jalek moye
well some PIS things that happened dont even matter becuase they are soo stupid

like spider man beating firelord or black panther putting silver sufer in an armbar. Or captain america knocking out hulk

Or Thanos mindraping the maker, but didnt Spidey just stalemate firelord...dont remember him actually beating him.

Knowsbleed33
Ehhh the Onslaught thing might've been retconned. Marvel is now saying Onslaught used magnetism to pwn Juggernaut.

Mindset
Or Thanos mindraping the maker, but didnt Spidey just stalemate firelord...dont remember him actually beating him. No, Spiderman koed Firelord with punches.

And SMP =/= PC Supes, you can say it all you want, but that doesn't make it true.

ultimatethor
Glads wins. essentially unhurtable.

quanchi112
Glad's can trash planets within a couple of blows but SMP>>>Superman in all aspects. It's highly that that Gladiator is even comparable to Supes and SMP is essentially supes with his silver age attributes. Glad's has invulnerabtility but it isn't like Juggs hasnt been physically hurt before...Glads feats still havnt convinced me that he can compete with regular Supes let alone SMP. How does Prime hurt him?

Zack Fair
Just how exactly will Superman Prime beat him when this Gladiatior is immune to physical force, and eventhough Prime is powerful his powerset is based entirely on inflicting physical pain.

Superman Prime will last a while, but will fall down to Gladiator.

The Great Galen
Gladiator can't take down a PC level supes, with or without the gem hes still beat in every other aspect...its a lost cause for him.

Enyalus
Gladiator, every time. They'll probably be pretty long fights, though.

quanchi112
Gladiator can't take down a PC level supes, with or without the gem hes still beat in every other aspect...its a lost cause for him. You never answered my question. How does Prime hurt him?

Stoic
Gladiator can't take down a PC level supes, with or without the gem hes still beat in every other aspect...its a lost cause for him.

Isn't Gladiator at full confidence based off of Pre Crisis Superman? If so Prime would have his hands full with a well written Gladiator alone, not to mention this upgrade that he has been given. Just a thought.

fascistcrusader
I was under the impression that if Gladiator was at full confidence he's basically PC Superman with a mohawk. If that's the case then with the gem of Cyttorak on top of that he would crush SMP.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Stoic
Isn't Gladiator at full confidence based off of Pre Crisis Superman? If so Prime would have his hands full with a well written Gladiator alone, not to mention this upgrade that he has been given. Just a thought.

FP Glad is a light-PC supes, a impressive powerset but honestly current Supes already triumphs Glad IMO and SMP is just overkill. SMP is PC supes in every possible way, and while the gem would make Glad a formidable foe...IMO it still isnt enough to take someone of SMP ability.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
I was under the impression that if Gladiator was at full confidence he's basically PC Superman with a mohawk. If that's the case then with the gem of Cyttorak on top of that he would crush SMP.

Oddly enough, current Supes actually fought a incarnation of PC supes and faired quite nicly..I dont remember if it was a stalemate or win but I know for sure that he didnt lose.

Knowsbleed33

How when the gem makes you virtually invincible?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
How when the gem makes you virtually invincible? Exactly. He wont answer you and will continue to compare Prime to a precrisis Superman.

The Great Galen
Juggy was defeated by Onslaught, SMP=PC Supes...thats pretty much all there is.

fascistcrusader
That's A>B>C logic, and we can't even be sure that PC Supes is that much better than Onslaught.

Beasides which, Gladiator started out a lot stronger than Cain, so the gem would make him exponentially stronger than Juggernaut is.

quanchi112
Juggy was defeated by Onslaught, SMP=PC Supes...thats pretty much all there is. Thats the worst kind of logic I have ever heard.

Onslaught can create suns anyways. He would stomp any Superman.

darthgoober
Glads wins.

Enyalus
Onslaught did not BFR Juggernaut across the country by physical means, unless you can prove it. His mind was wiped during the process, which guess what - means psychic interference. Unless you want to argue that Onslaught hit him so hard that he didn't know who and what he was.

I'm gonna agree with Galen on one point: I think that basically, SMP does equal PC Supes power-wise. And I've got comparisons/arguments to back it up, if you really need to hear it.

But its true that Gladiator at full confidence is basically a PC Supes himself (although, like Galen said - probably "PC-lite"wink. However, Alan Moore, who was the writer and in charge of the reboot for Supreme (Maximum and then Awesome comics), said that he was writing Supreme as a Silver Age Supes type character (and he is a Supes clone, more so than anyone else out there). This was in 1996-97.

In 97, they did a one-shot Gladiator/Supreme crossover, in which Gladiator more than holds his own against the guy. Supreme ends up in Shi'ar space, they fight on a Shi'ar world, and Gladiator gets pummeled. However, it's stated multiple times that he's holding back, because if he fought to his full abilities against someone as powerful as Supreme, they'd destroy the planet - and clearly that goes against what the Imperial Guard does. He ends up literally dragging Supreme out into space, and there does get the upper hand and appears to be winning the fight. They end up in a Shi'ar ship, and instead of going all out and end up destroying it, Gladiator holds back, gets knocked down, and pretends to play dead until Supreme leaves...not because he's afraid of Supreme, but because he wanted to protect Shi'ar lives.

Incase anyone has a problem with that example, he's also beaten classic Hyperion - also a Supes clone.

With Cytorrak's Gem, he's not going to be able to be hurt physically...which means his confidence is definitely going to be high. He'd own Prime. I'd go so far as to say that with the Gem, he'd be able to beat a Guardian-Amped Prime for the majority.

ultimatethor
Glads with that gem wud be unhurtable. SMP is not a telepath and so he really has no way of winning.

Zack Fair
Agreed. It is quite simple. The fights will be long, but in the end SMP is going to get knocked out and/or killed.

Er...my SBP fanboyish strikes back....SMP RETCON PUNCHES GL@dZ out of existence LOLZ SMP !100/10!!!1

The Great Galen
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thats the worst kind of logic I have ever heard.

Insane lightray created a sun and was defeated by Orion who Supes stalemates on a constant basis smile

ultimatethor
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thats the worst kind of logic I have ever heard.

Worst logic uve ever heard? Nah hes used much worse in the past.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Glads with that gem wud be unhurtable. SMP is not a telepath and so he really has no way of winning. Exactly.Originally posted by The Great Galen
Insane lightray created a sun and was defeated by Orion who Supes stalemates on a constant basis smile Suns dont hurt Orion,but red suns completely depower Superman. You seem to be confused and are using horrible abc logic.

How many times has Supes stalemated Orion?

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Enyalus
Onslaught did not BFR Juggernaut across the country by physical means, unless you can prove it. His mind was wiped during the process, which guess what - means psychic interference. Unless you want to argue that Onslaught hit him so hard that he didn't know who and what he was.

I'm gonna agree with Galen on one point: I think that basically, SMP does equal PC Supes power-wise. And I've got comparisons/arguments to back it up, if you really need to hear it.

But its true that Gladiator at full confidence is basically a PC Supes himself (although, like Galen said - probably "PC-lite"wink. However, Alan Moore, who was the writer and in charge of the reboot for Supreme (Maximum and then Awesome comics), said that he was writing Supreme as a Silver Age Supes type character (and he is a Supes clone, more so than anyone else out there). This was in 1996-97.

In 97, they did a one-shot Gladiator/Supreme crossover, in which Gladiator more than holds his own against the guy. Supreme ends up in Shi'ar space, they fight on a Shi'ar world, and Gladiator gets pummeled. However, it's stated multiple times that he's holding back, because if he fought to his full abilities against someone as powerful as Supreme, they'd destroy the planet - and clearly that goes against what the Imperial Guard does. He ends up literally dragging Supreme out into space, and there does get the upper hand and appears to be winning the fight. They end up in a Shi'ar ship, and instead of going all out and end up destroying it, Gladiator holds back, gets knocked down, and pretends to play dead until Supreme leaves...not because he's afraid of Supreme, but because he wanted to protect Shi'ar lives.

Incase anyone has a problem with that example, he's also beaten classic Hyperion - also a Supes clone.

With Cytorrak's Gem, he's not going to be able to be hurt physically...which means his confidence is definitely going to be high. He'd own Prime. I'd go so far as to say that with the Gem, he'd be able to beat a Guardian-Amped Prime for the majority.

In"whatever happened to the man of tommorow"Supes fought a PC Supes to stalemate. A FC Glad's is still doesnt convince me that he is even evenly matched to current Supes and with the gem...well his boast is completly speculative. We already know SMP=PC Supes, and this fight is no different then fighting a sun amped supes for SMP.

quanchi112
In"whatever happened to the man of tommorow"Supes fought a PC Supes to stalemate. A FC Glad's is still doesnt convince me that he is even evenly matched to current Supes and with the gem...well his boast is completly speculative. We already know SMP=PC Supes, and this fight is no different then fighting a sun amped supes for SMP. How can Prime hurt him with the gem?

Enyalus
In"whatever happened to the man of tommorow"Supes fought a PC Supes to stalemate.

...That was 1986. Just after the crisis, and just before Supes was depowered by Byrnes, IIRC...

Knowsbleed33
Glads wins. SMP won't even be able to cause him pain.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.