Why do people buy several copies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
What's the point in buying more than one copy of one movie on dvd?

coolmovies
Well it depends i have two copies of Rotk becouse the other one is extended. SW fans have a few becouse the movies change alot.

T.M
The only time I have bought a dvd that I all ready own was with Reservoir Dogs and that was only because of the 15th anniversary edition with the gas can case.

I tend to wait for a bit now to make sure I get the dvd with the best features and best case.

Markus Corvinus
Some are psychotic, some buy extras as copies for others.

Darth Martin
No I'm talking about like with Iron Man someone will buy 2-4 copies of the same movie in one day.

coolmovies
thats up to them if they wanna wast money let them

T.M
The only DVD I have more than one copy of is Reservoir Dogs. I have the 2 disk special edition and I have the 15th anniversary edition with the gas can case. The only time I will buy more than one copy is if a seriously cool edition is released.

MildPossession
That's what I did with Reservoir Dogs, but usually if a nicer edition of a film I like comes out, I'll sell the one I have and use that towards the new edition. Hardly ever happens though because I usually find out all the editions before I buy or wait until a new one is released that will probably happen with some films.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Because I like extra stuff....like when you order a regular hamburger...why order extra bacon, cheese, grill onions, etc....? you know...it tastes even better.

...I always like more.

MildPossession
He is more, why buy FOUR copies of the same film, instead of just one special edition with all the extras on(that you like WD)...

T.M
Originally posted by MildPossession
That's what I did with Reservoir Dogs, but usually if a nicer edition of a film I like comes out, I'll sell the one I have and use that towards the new edition. Hardly ever happens though because I usually find out all the editions before I buy or wait until a new one is released that will probably happen with some films.

I couldn't sell my 2 disk Reservoir Dogs though because it is part of a set with Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown.

MildPossession
Ooo I wouldn't sell mine, it's one of the collection where you can get Mr. Brown, Mr. Orange and so on as single characters on the front cover.

T.M
I have wanted the Mr. Pink one of those for ages. Haven't been able to find it anywhere.

MildPossession
I think that is the hardest one to get out of the lot. I got Mr. Orange.

T.M
Must be, I have seen most of the other ones but never a Mr. Pink

NESJohnny
Topic reminds me of a garage sale I went to once. This fellow had 15-20 copies of several Disney movies (Fantasia, Lion King, etc.) and I asked him why he had so many. He said "Oh, you know how it is, you're out shopping and you can't remember which movies you have."

Um, if I had purchased a movie 12 unique times already, I think it would sink in. He seemed like a perfectly normal guy otherwise.

coolmovies
Having more then one copy is a waste of space

BruceSkywalker

I buy several copies because (1) for my family, as they want a copy as well, (2) to sell on eBay (3) different editions have different stuff than standard dvd

Wolfie
I've never been one to buy multiple copies of the same movie for selling purposes.

However, I have bought the same movie multiple times because newer editions came out. I would sell the old one later.

I feel bad for T.M, who's looking for the Mr. Pink edition of Reservoir Dogs. I sold mine when I got the gas can DVD. I didn't see a need to collecting all of those 'cause it's the same DVD with different slip covers.

I have two copies of Donnie Darko and Daredevil because I want the original and the director's cuts of them. I have two copies of A Nightmare on Elm Street, one is in the box set and the other is the SE with loads of features.
Originally posted by NESJohnny
Topic reminds me of a garage sale I went to once. This fellow had 15-20 copies of several Disney movies (Fantasia, Lion King, etc.) and I asked him why he had so many. He said "Oh, you know how it is, you're out shopping and you can't remember which movies you have."

Um, if I had purchased a movie 12 unique times already, I think it would sink in. He seemed like a perfectly normal guy otherwise.
I think he was lying to you. People know those Disney movies are going back to the Disney Vault and will become valuable when they do. So buy extra copies to sell later when people really want them.

Darth Martin
I'm talking about for let's say "The Dark Knight", people say they'll be getting 2-3 copies of the same film, ediution, on the same day. Why?

Arcluce
I'm talking about for let's say "The Dark Knight", people say they'll be getting 2-3 copies of the same film, ediution, on the same day. Why?

There are many reasons why indiviudals buy the same film multiple times. Some may do it for the extra features (meaning extra fun for them). Another reason could be that they are wanting to sell the dvd's to other individuals or maybe they want to give them to their friends or families. It could be because they want to burn the copies and they have 5 computers to do so (you never know they could be running an illegal business). As I have stated before there are many reasons why individuals do so many different things that other people just think about. You must remember, everyone is different.

gogopanda
I somehow forgot I bought Rush Hour 2, so I bought another one. As for Love Actually, I lost my first one so I bought a second one big grin ... the first one has yet to resurface

roughrider
I've only given in to it once - I bought Blade Runner: The Final Cut after buying The Director's Cut the year before( replacing the old VHS), which I got in impatience waiting for this long-awaited anniversary edition to come out. But, it was worth it for the improved sound mix & improved tech used to redo many FX shots, plus the extras.

coolmovies

Dude111
Well I buy VHS and sometimes I DO BUY MORE THAN ONE COPY OF A MOVIE and the reason is: Im looking for a BETTER copy... (Warmer audio,etc)

I have gotton several duplicates of movies I have THAT ARE MUCHO BETTER than what I had of it..... (Made @ a different plant or whatever)

SOMETIMES IT PAYS TO GET MORE THAN THE ONE COPY YOU HAVE OF A MOVIE!!

ianthek
Paranoia.

Simong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.