S03E06 - Dying of the Light

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
Official Episode Preview

Impressed by his sudden ruthlessness, Villains Knox and Daphne bring Hiro -- among others -- into the Pinehearst fold, and give him an assignment. With Angela and the Company paralyzed by recent events, Peter goes directly to Pinehearst for answers, and irrevocably changed by the shocking meeting. Meanwhile, Claire and her mother Sandra attempt to free Meredith from the thrall of escaped Villain Doyle, who has the ability to take mental and physical control of others. Later, Nathan brings Tracy to Suresh, hoping he can shed light on the surprising origin of their abilities.

Dying of the Light Preview

JBNKSPnXUP4

Discuss...

Mairuzu
cant wait for this episode

PUPPETMASTER!

S_D_J
he does look creepy

... hopefully they don't kill him yet

Mairuzu
if they do...

ugh

Blue_Hefner
I hope it's Sandra is the one who gets shot. stick out tongue

mad Don't take away my Adam (no homo).

celestialdemon
Originally posted by S_D_J
he does look creepy

... hopefully they don't kill him yet

Knowing the writers, they probably will. The dreaded Nightmare Man was taken down easily. The German was killed in one episode, as was Stephen, who was probably the only person who could kill the "immortals" easily.

S_D_J
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Knowing the writers, they probably will. The dreaded Nightmare Man was taken down easily. The German was killed in one episode, as was Stephen, who was probably the only person who could kill the "immortals" easily.

we can only hope they don't

so.. next week there's dying in store:

both a hero and a villain will die next week... and my money is on:

as much as I like her (she's hot) but... Maya will die... she's useless now... hopefully Mohinder kills her, and then he kills himself in the following episode evil face

...and the villan is non other than Adam... surely they'll use him to heal Arthur and then kill him... honestly, I like the character a lot... but like I said in the other thread it doesn't make much sense to have a villain character like him, when there's someone obviously much more powerful pulling the strings.

that doesn't make it ok to kill him though....

celestialdemon
we can only hope they don't

so.. next week there's dying in store:

both a hero and a villain will die next week... and my money is on:

as much as I like her (she's hot) but... Maya will die... she's useless now... hopefully Mohinder kills her, and then he kills himself in the following episode evil face

...and the villan is non other than Adam... surely they'll use him to heal Arthur and then kill him... honestly, I like the character a lot... but like I said in the other thread it doesn't make much sense to have a villain character like him, when there's someone obviously much more powerful pulling the strings.

that doesn't make it ok to kill him though....

I really hope they don't kill Adam. He's one of the few villains whose character is interesting.

S_D_J
he's a great character... but what could he possibly do against someone like Arthur?...

Wait till someone takes the bullet out his brain? erm

the other villain could be either Angela or Sylar though I find them unlikely.

spoilers from Kristin @ E!

-Claire Discovers Why She's Special: Remember when Uncle Sylar cut off the top of her head and told her she was "different"? Before too long we will learn why and how that special-differentness came to be, and you will not be surprised to learn that the reason has everything to do with Grandma Angela, Grandpa Arthur and the whole previous corrupt generation of Heroes. (Think back to when Kaito Nakamura handed off Baby Claire to HRG.)

Captain REX
If that even works. Decapitation seems to work.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Captain REX
If that even works. Decapitation seems to work.

nah... I think they're going "Future Peter" on this one

...something lame and simple

... though the way DL kill Linderman was great big grin

celestialdemon
he's a great character... but what could he possibly do against someone like Arthur?...

What can Arthur do exactly?

S_D_J
Dunno

something like the puppet master I presume...He paralyzed Angela just by saying so..... Maury was terrified of him.. and he was/is hooked up to life support... and never spoke once (outside of a dream...)... something powerful it seems

Blue_Hefner
Dunno

something like the puppet master I presume...He paralyzed Angela just by saying so..... Maury was terrified of him.. and he was/is hooked up to life support... and never spoke once (outside of a dream...)... something powerful it seems

Maybe he's the Phoenix or Xavier of the show . . . . embarrasment And some people, including me, think he can take away powers.

Elite Hunter
If it is between Adam and the new villain "the puppet master" then I hope it is the latter but I'm not to confident.

celestialdemon
Dunno

What happened with Angela was pretty impressive, although I wonder if her not moving in the scene afterwards has more to do with the shock of seeing Arthur alive rather than an ability. Obviously, that's just speculation.

As for Maury, I got the sense that him being obedient had less to do with him being afraid of Arthur and more to do with respecting Arthur as being the brains of the operation. Kinda like with Linderman. His abilities didn't make him fearful. It was his intelligence and cunning.

Mairuzu
Whats with the spoilers? Aren't they just guesses?

S_D_J
What happened with Angela was pretty impressive, although I wonder if her not moving in the scene afterwards has more to do with the shock of seeing Arthur alive rather than an ability. Obviously, that's just speculation.

As for Maury, I got the sense that him being obedient had less to do with him being afraid of Arthur and more to do with respecting Arthur as being the brains of the operation. Kinda like with Linderman. His abilities didn't make him fearful. It was his intelligence and cunning.

Angela was told she wasn't going to be able to move... and she stays still, only able to move her eyes... it wasn't just shock

Maury was clearly afraid... like he was being reprimanded... and Arthur never spoke a word, he was constantly apologizing, as if afraid to be punished or something.... now why would Mr. Nightmare act like than in front of a paraplegic? Originally posted by Mairuzu
Whats with the spoilers? Aren't they just guesses?

have you read the spoilers?, than maybe it's just speculation.. if turn out to be true ...then

Mairuzu
oh dang.

Captain REX
Seems like Arthur entered and participated in her dream, to me. He's got a mental power, methinks.

Entity
God I hope not!

I really liked the idea of not all the 12 having powers. Or just not all the show for that mattered. It added a nice touch to the show. If everyone's got powers then it just seems alittle forced and predictable. Especially when all the people always seemed to just happen to have the certain power they need. psssh

And now didn't they even say it was going to be shown that Kaito had a power too? Seriously someone besides Noah needs to be a major character without an ability. Noah is kick ass because he is on these guys level and is just a normal human. You'd think the writers would pic something up from that. Besides how likely would it have been for what happened in "War Buddies" between Arthur and Linderman to just later on have him just happen to manifest a power as well?

They are just getting flat out lazy with the writing is all it is this season.
I'm seriously considering letting it go. I'm gonna give it 2 more strikes because I considered last weeks episode the first. But if things don't get better soon I'm out!

celestialdemon
Angela was told she wasn't going to be able to move... and she stays still, only able to move her eyes... it wasn't just shock

Like I said, I could be wrong. I probably am. I just want to leave that possibility open until we know for sure.

Maury was clearly afraid... like he was being reprimanded... and Arthur never spoke a word, he was constantly apologizing, as if afraid to be punished or something.... now why would Mr. Nightmare act like than in front of a paraplegic?

Still not completely buying that he was afraid. If Arthur has any power, it apparently has to do with dreams like Angela. Maury and Arthur were both awake when they were talking (well, Maury was listening to his thoughts), so Arthur shouldn't have been a threat.

Mairuzu
Maury seems frightened of arthur

Blue_Hefner
Like someone said, people were scared of Linderman and he could do was heal.

Mairuzu
Well, he was a mob leader.

Blue_Hefner
So was Maury, right? What I'm trying to say is maybe people are afraid of Arthur because his ability.

Blue_Hefner
Are not*

Mairuzu
That's what im guessing

S_D_J
Seems like Arthur entered and participated in her dream, to me. He's got a mental power, methinks.

that's the obvious explanation, apparently

the extend of his power should be reveal next episode

Originally posted by Entity
God I hope not!

I really liked the idea of not all the 12 having powers. Or just not all the show for that mattered. It added a nice touch to the show. If everyone's got powers then it just seems alittle forced and predictable. Especially when all the people always seemed to just happen to have the certain power they need. psssh

And now didn't they even say it was going to be shown that Kaito had a power too? Seriously someone besides Noah needs to be a major character without an ability. Noah is kick ass because he is on these guys level and is just a normal human. You'd think the writers would pic something up from that. Besides how likely would it have been for what happened in "War Buddies" between Arthur and Linderman to just later on have him just happen to manifest a power as well?

They are just getting flat out lazy with the writing is all it is this season.
I'm seriously considering letting it go. I'm gonna give it 2 more strikes because I considered last weeks episode the first. But if things don't get better soon I'm out!

That's what really bothers me about this whole deal... but he does indeed have a power erm

I too don't like the idea... everyone having powers kinda waters down the dinamic of the show, what (IMO) makes the show enjoyable... now we only have Noah powerless... even Ando was given a power (in the future... but still)

he didn't have powers in the GN.. I love that idea...

... maybe, just maybe, he got powers the way Nathan/Tracy were given powers... or a much perfected way as Mohinder did (without bad side effects)... I could go with that explanation... but him having powers on his own... nah, way too convenient ... and just lame.

I'm sticking to the Idea that everyone's afraid of Arthur because of his power... and that's the reason Adam Monroe gets killed

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Like someone said, people were scared of Linderman and he could do was heal.

oh, yeah... that too

Adam and Linderman, big kahunas... while Arthur on the side... and yet he's supposedly powerful, but never did anything before... until know... doesn't make much sense...erm

Quincy
I hear that Adam Monroe is being killed off in this episode.

If true, what a poor move made by the heroes writing staff.

Blue_Hefner
I guess Adam Monroe/Kensei dying is the price we have to pay for Maya dying.

Elite Hunter
I'm still hoping that the puppermaster is the villain who dies and Adam is spared.

S_D_J
I guess Adam Monroe/Kensei dying is the price we have to pay for Maya dying.

drylaugh

that was a good one

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I'm still hoping that BLAH LAZY EDIT

I think you need to use spoiler tags

Elite Hunter
I think you need to use spoiler tags
F*CK, I knew I forgot something. sad

Captain REX
Fixed it.

Ordained
OhmigoshOhmigoshOhmigoshOhmigoshOhmigosh!!! my faith has been restored in Heroes. this was by far the BEST episode of the season so far, IMO droolio

S_D_J
omg, omg, omg, omg, omg,

haven't seen it yet sad

so I should be looking forward to it then... no expression

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I'm still hoping that BLAH LAZY EDIT

great edit, Rex!
laughing

Ordained
indeed. you will not be disappointed.

Gideon
Really, throwing Arthur into the mix does little but mess up previous exposition. Kring apparently forgot that Adam was the one whom everyone feared, but I guess since he neutered Adam's ability to be a threat -- he's about as dangerous as Claire is (even less, since she supposedly can't be killed ) -- he went with the next person in the company whose name begins with the letter 'A' to establish some sort of continuity.

The whole "Person X is SCARY!" thing never works out right. Maury is nowhere near as intimidating as Sylar. Adam was clever and funny, but never intimidating either. The puppet master, Doyle? Now he was scary.

And Noah Bennet still owns this show.

Blue_Hefner
I guess we know how Peter gets his scar now. :/

Captain REX
It was the answer to the problem of Peter having over a dozen powers and being the most 'special' character on the show- taking it all away. They were having to make Peter not know what to do with all his power... and now he doesn't have to worry about it.

Sylar was feared as a villain because of what he could do; kill you and take your power, violating you in a highly personal way and ending your life.

Linderman was feared because he was a mob leader and had a great deal of charisma behind him. I liked that Linderman did not have some lethal ability; the irony of the man who could heal being the one who wanted to blow up New York.

Adam was feared not because of what he could do, more because of what he wanted to do. Unleashing the virus and wiping out the world population is horrific and slightly psychopathic. Same thoughts with Adam; the man who can't die is the one who wants everyone else to.

Arthur... yeah, it's his power... though it makes sense as it connects to Peter quite well; Peter is (or was) v2.0 of Arthur's ability. Same with Sylar, being able to figure out how to take abilities. Nathan being the odd one out, of course, but now we know he wasn't born with it...

starlock
I found some things that made me laugh (Hiro & Ando), but i find so much that just makes me want to stop watching....i really dont care for much of this show anymore. The formula for this show is not working anymore for me, trying to keep track of all the characters is one thing...then we have such butchering of the characters....that i find myself just not caring to even try and keep track.....anyway.......ok episode that just leaves me with no excitement for whats to come.

celestialdemon
So was Maury, right? What I'm trying to say is maybe people are not afraid of Arthur because his ability.

Looks like we were right. Maury wasn't afraid of Arthur because of his power. After all, why should he fear a bedridden man who needed to touch him to hurt him?

Endrict Nuul
I lost interest in Hiro & Ando characters, same old boring Idiots. Maybe the fortune teller will change Hiro forever....but meh.

Entity
Well I bet I know where Peter's scar comes from now. Thou, I'm kinda hoping he somehow avoids getting it now that the timeline's changed. Never like it on him.

I actually loved this episode, by far the best and the only one I've truly enjoyed since the season premiere. Still some stupid things I don't give a rats ass about and annoyed by giving everyone abilities!

But while Aurthur having an ability as well still annoys me, I did love how they worked it in this episode. Having him take away Peter's powers I hated but I'm going to love watching him still take them on now powerless and then try and get them back somehow. Maybe the formula but that'd probably mean he'd have to regain all his others and that would annoy me much more so. I am hoping thou, now that he's human maybe he can get with Bennett and learn how to be a real hero powerless, only to regain his abilities and be all the more badass like in the future! eek!

Really looking forward to next weeks Peter vs Aurthur story and seeing how Peter deals with his father. He's always been the other son, the one daddy knew wasn't Nathan! Now that he's finally made his way and proved he's much more than Nathan and his father manages to take that away form him too.

Could someone tell me thou, why they had to kill Adam? That really sucked ass and I don't see why that should've killed him. I mean if he just stole his power and not his life force or whatever then it should have just made him normal human. He would've finally been vulnerable and started aging normally but he shouldn't have rapid aged or whatever to dust like that IMO.

If it negated the healing his power had done to his body keeping him young then it should have negated the injuries healed on Peter when his was stolen as well. Correct? confused

Unless Claire's healing factor is different from Adam's. Which is entirely possible, but they've never mentioned it being different.

Blue_Hefner
Looks like we were right. Maury wasn't afraid of Arthur because of his power. After all, why should he fear a bedridden man who needed to touch him to hurt him?

embarrasment

Entity
embarrasment I've been thinking and I wonder if Matt or Maury could still control Aurthur's mind. Even thou I know he now has thier power as well. erm

S_D_J
I haven't finished watching the episode yet ( I saw up until Sylar vs Peter fight) will finish it tonight... but I must say I am impressed with the episode so far, I think it's been a fun episode, Doyle is such a good villain, enjoying the "roulette" game he maks them play, and it was a good way to catch him the way Claire did, Hiro and Ando are still idiots, but I found their travel to Africa chuckle worthy... Adam.. I just knew it, I love the way he told Knox he didn't get it... and that was the last of him... shame, interesting character, but unable to do anything other than use his wit, which didn't help him in the end
... Mohinder's still a douchebag but the way Daphne told him he was as bad as the rest was funny, and well deserved

... still haven't watch how it ends, but so far it's been a good episode, probably the best this season... though not great

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Entity
I've been thinking and I wonder if Matt or Maury could still control Aurthur's mind. Even thou I know he now has thier power as well. erm

I doubt it. wink

AlmightyKfish
And now we have this season's plot device as to why Peter doesn't own everyone with 12 powers at once.

But someone raised this point earlier- Why did Adam rapidly age and crumble, but Peter didn't suddenly bleed out from multiple grievous injuries?

That was Strange.

Hiro and Ando still own though, they're the one part of this show right now that aren't contradicting themselves and doing retarded things =/.

But now the only good guys left able to do anything are-

Hiro
Ando
Clair
Noah
Fire Lady
Matt
Elle?

That's it right?

Wow, I can officially say Earth is screwed.

Also, surely by Peter touched his father he'd have absorbed his father's ability? So surely it wouldn't really work?

I'm confused =S

Blue_Hefner
Because Adam was 400 years old. His body couldn't handle it anymore without his power.

Gideon
Because Adam was 400 years old. His body couldn't handle it anymore without his power.

Ordained
i would have thought that peter and his father's abilities would have cancelled each other out.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
And now we have this season's plot device as to why Peter doesn't own everyone with 12 powers at once.

But someone raised this point earlier- Why did Adam rapidly age and crumble, but Peter didn't suddenly bleed out from multiple grievous injuries?

That was Strange.

Hiro and Ando still own though, they're the one part of this show right now that aren't contradicting themselves and doing retarded things =/.

But now the only good guys left able to do anything are-

Hiro
Ando
Clair
Noah
Fire Lady
Matt
Elle?

That's it right?

Wow, I can officially say Earth is screwed.

Also, surely by Peter touched his father he'd have absorbed his father's ability? So surely it wouldn't really work?

I'm confused =S Micah? that other black chick?

wherever they are...

Peter May have touched his father but he doesnt even know what his fathers power is or if he even had one.

he cant instantly know what to do

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Micah? that other black chick?

wherever they are...

Peter May have touched his father but he doesnt even know what his fathers power is or if he even had one.

he cant instantly know what to do

Doesn't any power he copies manifest itself on its own even before he knows he has it? Seems to be the case with most of his powers.

Superherovandal
Originally posted by Gideon
Really, throwing Arthur into the mix does little but mess up previous exposition. Kring apparently forgot that Adam was the one whom everyone feared, but I guess since he neutered Adam's ability to be a threat -- he's about as dangerous as Claire is (even less, since she supposedly can't be killed ) -- he went with the next person in the company whose name begins with the letter 'A' to establish some sort of continuity.

The whole "Person X is SCARY!" thing never works out right. Maury is nowhere near as intimidating as Sylar. Adam was clever and funny, but never intimidating either. The puppet master, Doyle? Now he was scary.

And Noah Bennet still owns this show. no actually both of them can be killed. They'd both need to take serious damage to the brain. Like a bullet through it.

Superherovandal
It was the answer to the problem of Peter having over a dozen powers and being the most 'special' character on the show- taking it all away. They were having to make Peter not know what to do with all his power... and now he doesn't have to worry about it.

Sylar was feared as a villain because of what he could do; kill you and take your power, violating you in a highly personal way and ending your life.

Linderman was feared because he was a mob leader and had a great deal of charisma behind him. I liked that Linderman did not have some lethal ability; the irony of the man who could heal being the one who wanted to blow up New York.

Adam was feared not because of what he could do, more because of what he wanted to do. Unleashing the virus and wiping out the world population is horrific and slightly psychopathic. Same thoughts with Adam; the man who can't die is the one who wants everyone else to.

Arthur... yeah, it's his power... though it makes sense as it connects to Peter quite well; Peter is (or was) v2.0 of Arthur's ability. Same with Sylar, being able to figure out how to take abilities. Nathan being the odd one out, of course, but now we know he wasn't born with it... I guess its also ironic how the man whose power is to take away others powers and make them his own is trying to give everyone else powers. but i don't think sylar is Arthur v2.0. Arthur's ability takes significantly less effort than Sylar and is far more effective.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.