The Time Trapper vs. Fully Fed Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
How would this go?

occultdestroyer
Galactus should win.

Nestical
fully fed G

quanchi112
Galactus wins.....easily.

ultimatethor
Galactus.

Utrigita
Most likely Galactus based on the way that I understand the Time Trappers powers.

guy222
G

Galan007
to my knowledge, time trapper is the only being who has resisted the effects of entropy - so i'm not exactly sure how galactus would put him down... confused

Bentley
I have no idea of who the Time Trapper is, nor his feats. Galactus is an eternity level abstract, so Time Trapper better be in a whole other class than lets say, Imperiex, to justify his case.

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
to my knowledge, time trapper is the only being who has resisted the effects of entropy - so i'm not exactly sure how galactus would put him down... confused Didn't Superman?

Tenebrous
to my knowledge, time trapper is the only being who has resisted the effects of entropy - so i'm not exactly sure how galactus would put him down... confused

makes sense, as entropy is a function of time

Bentley
Galactus can eat time itself, so...

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
Didn't Superman? when?

Originally posted by Tenebrous
makes sense, as entropy is a function of time entropy in the true sense would be the absence of time.... the absence of everything, really, yet time trapper managed to survive it somehow. i say 'somehow' because even conceptual beings such as death have been erased by entropy. meh.

cloud102
Toss up.

Enyalus
entropy in the true sense would be the absence of time.... the absence of everything, really, yet time trapper managed to survive it somehow. i say 'somehow' because even conceptual beings such as death have been erased by entropy. meh.

sad Entropy is a measure of randomness in a given system (in this case, a universe).

I really despise how the comic world has slaughtered the meaning of a perfectly decent term.

As for the thread, Galactus wins.

quanchi112
to my knowledge, time trapper is the only being who has resisted the effects of entropy - so i'm not exactly sure how galactus would put him down... confused Are you saying he could survive the un?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Enyalus
sad Entropy is a measure of randomness in a given system (in this case, a universe).

I really despise how the comic world has slaughtered the meaning of a perfectly decent term.

In DC, Entropy is the total destruction of everything. Not even high end abstracts can survive it. The fact that the time trapper is eternal and actually resist it says that he would be nearly impossible to beat. He's a high end abstract being of time. How do you beat a guy like that with the PC?

fangirl101
Originally posted by quanchi112
Are you saying he could survive the un?
Entropy in DC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UN

And the UN is not standard gear for Galactus. If it were, he'd have used it instead of letting Tenebrious and Aegis kick his ass.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally I would of said Galactus, cause I didn't know much about TT, but now I am thinking TT would win based on what was said in this thread...

Enyalus
Originally posted by fangirl101

When Entropy in DC destroys and recreates a multiverse in an instant, lemme know. Til then,

UN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Entropy in DC.

See how easy that is to do?

Enyalus
In DC, Entropy is the total destruction of everything. Not even high end abstracts can survive it. The fact that the time trapper is eternal and actually resist it says that he would be nearly impossible to beat. He's a high end abstract being of time. How do you beat a guy like that with the PC?

There you go again confusing the term kill with beat. Superman beat the Time Trapper. Kill him? Maybe. Maybe not. Beat him? Hell yes.

fangirl101
There you go again confusing the term kill with beat. Superman beat the Time Trapper. Kill him? Maybe. Maybe not. Beat him? Hell yes.
When did Superman beat the time trapper? What the hell.

fangirl101
When Entropy in DC destroys and recreates a multiverse in an instant, lemme know. Til then,

UN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Entropy in DC.

See how easy that is to do?
Entropy is beyond the endless. It's beyond some silly little multiverse. Get a grip.

Enyalus
Entropy is beyond the endless. It's beyond some silly little multiverse. Get a grip.

Has it destroyed a multiverse before? Recreated one?

I accept your concession.

Dark-Jaxx
Considering the UN is not in this thread I am not entirely sure why this irrelevant debate is taking place.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Considering the UN is not in this thread I am not entirely sure why this irrelevant debate is taking place. More ignorance. Its like saying that Thor's hammer isnt in a thread with Thor. laughing out loud

Please do your homework jax you are usually wrong.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/FantasticFourv349-15.jpg

quanchi112

And the UN is not standard gear for Galactus. If it were, he'd have used it instead of letting Tenebrious and Aegis kick his ass. Read my latest scan. You dont seem to have a grasp of the situation while I clearly do. No surprises here. Entropy failed against sundipped superman so please dont try to compare this with the un.

Seriously,he doesnt use the un because these are comics. You think the Thor is going to godwave everyone who kicks his ass....LOL

fangirl101
More ignorance. Its like saying that Thor's hammer isnt in a thread with Thor. laughing out loud

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/FantasticFourv349-15.jpg
And yet it's not part of his standard gear. Or he wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked by T and A.

iceman24567
So now Galactus has the UN as standard gear in vs battles? That would suck.

Dark-Jaxx
More ignorance. Its like saying that Thor's hammer isnt in a thread with Thor. laughing out loud

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/FantasticFourv349-15.jpg See, unlike you, I can admit I am wrong, as I was in this situation.

Whereas you are an idiot, who is almost always wrong, uses A>B>C logic and No-Limits fallacies as a crutch for incredibly poor debating skills, and have Marvel so far up your ass your teeth are dyed from the ink. smile

For proof, please go back to the KC Superman vs. Sentry thread. smile

quanchi112
And yet it's not part of his standard gear. Or he wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked by T and A. False. I just proved it is. Its like saying Rulk shouldnt have beaten Thor because he didnt godblast him. Horrible logic my friend. It is standard gear unless you have any evidence to contradict mine.

fangirl101
Originally posted by iceman24567
So now Galactus has the UN as standard gear in vs battles? That would suck.
It sucked when he Got his ass kicked all those times and didn't use it.

fangirl101
False. I just proved it is. Its like saying Rulk shouldnt have beaten Thor because he didnt godblast him. Horrible logic my friend. It is standard gear unless you have any evidence to contradict mine. All you did was show Galactus taking the UN away from someone. pwned. Any high end manipulator can do that.

Enyalus
It sucked when he Got his ass kicked all those times and didn't use it.

Red herring AND trolling. Nice.

Dark-Jaxx
Well what I think Big G was saying is that he can summon it at will.

fangirl101
Well what I think Big G was saying is that he can summon it at will.
No. pay attention to the scan. The guy had it in his hand. Big G took it out of his hand. He says, you hold nothing. you are nothing.

Enyalus
No. pay attention to the scan. The guy had it in his hand. Big G took it out of his hand. He says, you hold nothing. you are nothing.

And then he says he can summon it at will. Basically. You love ignoring the speech bubbles, doncha?

quanchi112
It sucked when he Got his ass kicked all those times and didn't use it. That doesnt mean he doesnt have it here for a battle. How many comics are going to have Galactus using the un everytime he is about to lose? Get serious.

All you did was show Galactus taking the UN away from someone. pwned. Any high end manipulator can do that. It is a part of him and can be used in forum battles. Thats the point. He took it away from the guy that was slaying multiple Galactuses by the way. Comparing Abraxas to an high energy manipulator is laughable.

The Surfer was killed in that very story. Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Well what I think Big G was saying is that he can summon it at will. No,you were wrong and I was right. Dont try to talk your way out of it.

fangirl101
And then he says he can summon it at will. Basically. You love ignoring the speech bubbles, doncha?
He doesn't say anywhere in the goddamned scan that he can summon it at will. If he could, TandA shouldn't have kicked his teeth in.

Enyalus
He doesn't say anywhere in the goddamned scan that he can summon it at will. If he could, TandA shouldn't have kicked his teeth in.

PIS. You apparently don't know what it is. Unless it hurts one of your DC characters.

Dark-Jaxx
No,you were wrong and I was right. Dont try to talk your way out of it. I already admitted I was wrong, but since you clearly cannot read very well, I will forgive you. smile

But he summoned it to his hand...So no, in the post you just quoted, I was not wrong, as that is exactly what he did.

quanchi112
See, unlike you, I can admit I am wrong, as I was in this situation.

Whereas you are an idiot, who is almost always wrong, uses A>B>C logic and No-Limits fallacies as a crutch for incredibly poor debating skills, and have Marvel so far up your ass your teeth are dyed from the ink. smile

For proof, please go back to the KC Superman vs. Sentry thread. smile Listen no need to bash. I care not about your feelings for me or another thread in the past.

At least you admitted you were wrong here and I commend you.

smile

quanchi112
I already admitted I was wrong, but since you clearly cannot read very well, I will forgive you. smile

But he summoned it to his hand...So no, in the post you just quoted, I was not wrong, as that is exactly what he did. Missed the post.

Dark-Jaxx
Yay. smile

Bentley
Even if the Time trapper, you know, is somewhat invincible against pretty much everything, how do we know Galan can't ko him, this battle is not taking place in entropy, so unless Time Trapper controls it better than Imperiex, I don't see whats the problem.

If there was a version of Iron-man that can survive the UN, but had still his same power set, he would still lose against Galactus.

Knowsbleed33

Entropy can mean more than 1 thing. Your definition is the 2nd law of thermodynamics. The measure of energy in a system not avaliable for work.

DC's definition is also correct. Energy and matter evolving to a state of inert uniformity i.e. nothingness.

Nestical
PIS. You apparently don't know what it is. Unless it hurts one of your DC characters.

thumb up

ultimatethor
Im sure ive heard many superman fans talking about sundipped supes surviving entropy. Now they may be lying as usual but in the unlikely event that they are not, then i see no reason why galactus cannot survive it.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Im sure ive heard many superman fans talking about sundipped supes surviving entropy. Now they may be lying as usual but in the unlikely event that they are not, then i see no reason why galactus cannot survive it.

By trickster priest

By vlaad12345
Note:
More durable yes he tanked the most destrucrive force in the universe and didnt even bleed

If the most destructive force in the universe cant even cause superman to bleed then galactus is surviving it easily

Philosophía
Fully Fed Galactus as in what, the 'Thanks you Gravity, you have brought me back to full power' Galactus, or the 'my hunger is infinite' Galactus ?

skygunner41

If the most destructive force in the universe cant even cause superman to bleed then galactus is surviving it easily

EPIC FAIL.
rolling on floor laughing

ultimatethor
Originally posted by skygunner41
EPIC FAIL.
rolling on floor laughing

Something is really wrong with u.

skygunner41
Something is really wrong with u.

ABC logic doesn't work in comic. smokin'

kgkg
EPIC FAIL.
rolling on floor laughing hmmm sounds like WOW

kgkg
as for Time Trapper people are overrating him.

He has lost numerious time ie darksied it was said that he is at mordu's level power

Maybe Galactus won't be able to kill him but defeating him should not be a problem

ultimatethor
ABC logic doesn't work in comic. smokin'

U really are dense. This is not ABC logic in regards to a person defeating another. Galactus is far more durable than superman so anything superman can survive with his durability, galactus can survive just as easily because he has superior durability. Thats not ABC logic its just common sense. As long as there was no outside circumstances involved in supermans surviving it then with galactuses superior durability he will do so as well.. U just pop in and out of threads contributing nothing and instead making a fool of urself. Very sad. sad

Bentley
Originally posted by kgkg
as for Time Trapper people are overrating him.

He has lost numerious time ie darksied it was said that he is at mordu's level power

Maybe Galactus won't be able to kill him but defeating him should not be a problem

Why don't Darkseid fans like fangirl won't mention that in this thread?

skygunner41
U really are dense. This is not ABC logic in regards to a person defeating another. Galactus is far more durable than superman so anything superman can survive with his durability, galactus can survive just as easily because he has superior durability. Thats not ABC logic its just common sense. As long as there was no outside circumstances involved in supermans surviving it then with galactuses superior durability he will do so as well.. U just pop in and out of threads contributing nothing and instead making a fool of urself. Very sad. sad

Unless it is proven you're speculating.

Badabing
Quan and Jaxx, use the ignore or be civil. This is the last time I post a friendly suggestion to either of you. Thanks.

ultimatethor
Unless it is proven you're speculating.

Unless whats proven? that Galactus has superior durability to superman? I sincerely hope u arent referring to that. And speculating about what? I only made a the claim based off what two other superman fans said. I have no idea if they what they were saying was true hence the reason i put IF in my post. Im not speculating about anything. U really dont have the slightest idea of what ur talking about.

skygunner41

Unless whats proven? that Galactus has superior durability to superman? I sincerely hope u arent referring to that. And speculating about what? I only made a the claim based off what two other superman fans said. I have no idea if they what they were saying was true hence the reason i put IF in my post. Im not speculating about anything. U really dont have the slightest idea of what ur talking about.

Because of this remark ...unless it proven that Galactus can tank entropy than it all speculation.

ultimatethor
Because of this remark ...unless it proven that Galactus can tank entropy than it all speculation.

doh. In all seriousness what is the matter with u? Is simple english so hard to understand? I will go over this as simply as possible so that even u can get it. If u still dont get iot after this then ur retardation isnt my fault. NOW I BEG OF YOU TO ACTUALLY READ WHAT I AM ABOUT TO TYPE!!.

1.To prove that galactus can survive entropy, since entropy is not in Galactus' universe, an example has to be given of someone with established lower durability than Galactus surviving it.

2.In this case, the example that was given(not by me but by actual superman fans) was superman who based on overall feats and powers has FAR FAR lower durability than galactus

3. Therefore it is only common sense to believe that if someone who has far lower durability than galactus can survive entropy without even bleeding, then Galactus can survive it as well because of his SUPERIOR durability.

4. This premise however is BASED on the fact that those particularly knowledgeable superman fans were actually telling the truth in their description of the event and were not being deliberately misleading, hence the reason that I made sure I put IF

So in summary, To PROVE that Galactus actually CAN survive entropy i brought up the claims of two knowledgable( whether they were honest is yet to be seen) superman fans who gave an example of superman, a a character astronomically below Galactus surviving entropy without a scratch. If this was done by superman with his durability alone then Galactus will obviously survive it. I however am not sure of the truhfuness of this and hence asked for any other knowledgeable person to shed light on the situation.

I beg of u not to come up with another nonsensical reply.

skygunner41
doh. In all seriousness what is the matter with u? Is simple english so hard to understand? I will go over this as simply as possible so that even u can get it. If u still dont get iot after this then ur retardation isnt my fault. NOW I BEG OF YOU TO ACTUALLY READ WHAT I AM ABOUT TO TYPE!!.

1.To prove that galactus can survive entropy, since entropy is not in Galactus' universe, an example has to be given of someone with established lower durability than Galactus surviving it.

2.In this case, the example that was given(not by me but by actual superman fans) was superman who based on overall feats and powers has FAR FAR lower durability than galactus

3. Therefore it is only common sense to believe that if someone who has far lower durability than galactus can survive entropy without even bleeding, then Galactus can survive it as well because of his SUPERIOR durability.

4. This premise however is BASED on the fact that those particularly knowledgeable superman fans were actually telling the truth in their description of the event and were not being deliberately misleading, hence the reason that I made sure I put IF

So in summary, To PROVE that Galactus actually CAN survive entropy i brought up the claims of two knowledgable( whether they were honest is yet to be seen) superman fans who gave an example of superman, a a character astronomically below Galactus surviving entropy without a scratch. If this was done by superman with his durability alone then Galactus will obviously survive it. I however am not sure of the truhfuness of this and hence asked for any other knowledgeable person to shed light on the situation.

I beg of u not to come up with another nonsensical reply.

I fine by that.Not to dispersing Galactus durability. but like I said ABC logic is not work that way..remember Imperiex vs Galactus topic. cool smokin'

fangirl101
What is Galactus's Durability? what has hurt him?

ultimatethor
I fine by that.Not to dispersing Galactus durability. but like I said ABC logic is not work that way..remmber Imperiex vs Galactus topic. cool smokin'

Another of these type of answers eh?Sigh. What ABC logic? There is absolutely no ABC logic present in my post. ABC logic is sayin Superman beat thor so he can beat silver surfer. or hulk beat thor who beat silver surfer meaning that hulk can beat silver surfer as well. ABC logic is when a person takes a fight and tries to use it as a reason a particular character can defeat another without considering the circumstances, actual details of the fight and how the two characters actually matched up against each other.

A particular attribute of a character is entirely different. If juggernauts physical durability is proven to be superior to supermans durability, and we know that superman is the most physically durable character in the justice league then it is safe to say that juggernauts durability is also superior to any of the other characters in the justice league.Similarly if superman is consitently shown as being faster than quicksilver, and flash is consitsently shown as being faster than superman, then it is safe to say that flash will be able to defeat quicksilver in a race. Its very simple really.

I have no idea what u mean by " rember imperiex vs Galactus topic" and in order not to stress myself i dont think i really want to know.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
Quan and Jaxx, use the ignore or be civil. This is the last time I post a friendly suggestion to either of you. Thanks. Ill be civil. You know I cant ignore anyone.

What is Galactus's Durability? what has hurt him? Depends on his hunger level.

Mr Master

All you did was show Galactus taking the UN away from someone. pwned.

Any high end manipulator can do that.
Any high-end manipulator can do that? ... laughing

That "someone" is Abraxas ...

Will this ever stop? laughing out loud

Knowsbleed33
All you did was show Galactus taking the UN away from someone. pwned. Any high end manipulator can do that.

Prove this.

Galan007
any scans of galactus summoning the un, when it's not right in front of him? not being a smartass, i really am just curious.

quanchi112
any scans of galactus summoning the un, when it's not right in front of him? not being a smartass, i really am just curious. Why wouldnt it be with him in forum fights? Does Thor need to summon his hammer to use it from across the universe?

Galan007
Why wouldnt it be with him in forum fights? because you can more or less count on one hand how many times galactus has been shown with the un - most times it's kept hidden , and it is rarely used. that's why i asked if there were any scans of galactus summoning it when it wasn't right in front of him.

quanchi112
because you can more or less count on one hand how many times galactus has been shown with the un - most times it's kept hidden , and it is rarely used. that's why i asked if there were any scans of galactus summoning it when it wasn't right in front of him. Well,for one he doesnt use it very often. Can you imagine him summoning it in battles all the time. Its like the same thing as Thor's godblast. He has been beaten in the past and hasnt resorted to this. Doesnt mean he cant in a forum battle. Its just stupid for him to always rely on the un in comics and creates a burden on the writer to write around it. I feel Darkseid's omega beams got the raw end of the deal before because they too are hard to writer around.

I myslef dont have any scans of him summoning it from some unknown location. Maybe its in the respect thread somewhere. It seems like utrigita or tenebrous might have something in the form of a scan if it does exist.

Galan007
I myslef dont have any scans of him summoning it from some unknown location. Maybe its in the respect thread somewhere. It seems like utrigita or tenebrous might have something in the form of a scan if it does exist. such scan(s) may very well exist - i'd just like to see them.

quanchi112
such scan(s) may very well exist - i'd just like to see them. I agree. I just am not aware of them myself.

Mr Master

such scan(s) may very well exist - i'd just like to see them.
Coming right up good friend.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mr Master
Coming right up good friend.
I hope it's not SMvFL. Becuz If he can summon the UN at anytime, I'm wondering why he let himself get the crap beaten out of him so many times.

Mindset
^Because these are fictional stories?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mindset
^Because these are fictional stories?
Yeah. That is why the UN is not part of his standard gear. Summoning is against forum debating rules anyway.

Knowsbleed33
I believe Galactus has stated before why he doesn't use the UN. Something about how it will erase the user if used incorrectly or something.

kgkg
I don't think we should give Galactus automatic UN I mean am pretty sure thread started want to see if Galactus can do it himself.

Since UN > Galactus itself.

Galactus with UN because stupid unless you bring God like being ie LT etc

I don't think that's the type of debate people want to get involved in :/

Enyalus
A fully fed Galactus is the equal of Multi-Eternity. And such durability level is easily leagues above a sundipped Superman's.

Thus, I don't see him having a problem dealing with Entropy, either. Or TT.

kgkg
Pic for those who are not aware of him

he also creates a pocket universe to trap the hero in this arc

Allankles
A fully fed Galactus is the equal of Multi-Eternity. And such durability level is easily leagues above a sundipped Superman's.

Thus, I don't see him having a problem dealing with Entropy, either. Or TT.

Well Entropy are the all destructive energies that inexorably lead to nothingness. It would be a problem for most anyone.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
I believe Galactus has stated before why he doesn't use the UN. Something about how it will erase the user if used incorrectly or something.

Galactus has displayed imo the largest control over the UN the one time I believe he has used it. So that wouldn't be the case, but why would Galactus that rarely want destruction brought to the universe want to even take the chance? Eternity is after all like a brother too him. Also as Mindship pointed out, if Galactus every time he fazed a opponent simply pulled out the UN it would be extremely boring to deal with Galactus.

janus77
Galactus ftw. easy.

Nestical
Originally posted by janus77
Galactus ftw. easy.

thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
Well Entropy are the all destructive energies that inexorably lead to nothingness. It would be a problem for most anyone. Didnt sundipped Superman survive the blasts easily.

Endless Mike
Define "fully fed"

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Define "fully fed" Who are you speaking to?

Mr Master
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Define "fully fed"
The Omniverse in his belly.

fangirl101
Fully Fed galactus means he just at a planet.

quanchi112
Fully Fed galactus means he just at a planet. Incorrect.

Knowsbleed33
Fully Fed means Galactus just ate the Marvel Universe.

fangirl101
Fully Fed means Galactus just ate the Marvel Universe. When you show a panel of Galactus in the 616 eating the multiverse, not in some alternate or future storyline, let me know. mmk.

quanchi112
When you show a panel of Galactus in the 616 eating the multiverse, not in some alternate or future storyline, let me know. mmk. He doesnt want to consume the entire universe so why would he?

Utrigita
Fully Fed galactus means he just at a planet.

No it doesn't, when Galactus has consumed a planet his hunger is dwelled, but near gone and nowhere near fully fed. The problem is that Galactus (in my opinion judging from the on panel showings over the years) cannot be fed to his maximum capacity, his hunger knows no limit, and since Galactus powers grow when he consumes planets a fully fed Galactus would be a Galactus that had exceeded a boundless hunger, the amount of energy he has consumed to archive that level and the power level he would be operating on...

And to answer you next question, No we have never seen a fully fed Galactus. We have seen a Restored Galactus on, I believe, two occasions (counting in the laughable Gravity incident.)

Galan007
at 'standard' levels, galactus only requires the energy of a planet in order to stay well nourished. sure, he 'could' devour all of marvel - but that level of hunger is something he has yet to reach without outside assistance. thus, the "i'll eat the omniverse" version of galactus really has no place in forum battles, unless specifically mentioned, imo.

Bentley
To me it is also a problem of defining a Fully fed Galactus with a full powered Galactus. Since Galactus is never fully fed, that guy doesn't exist, I assume they mean "the less hungry Galactus we've met so far". In the other hand, a full powered Galactus to me is Galan using the best of his abilities, which is his hunger at full power.

Galan007
Originally posted by Bentley
a full powered Galactus to me is Galan using the best of his abilities, which is his hunger at full power. if you mean the 'omniverse-eating' version, then he'd be using outside assistance to achieve that level - and outside aide is not allow, afaik.

Mr Master

if you mean the 'omniverse-eating' version,
then he'd be using outside assistance to achieve that level
-
and outside aide is not allow, afaik.
Actually Galactus' capacity for absorption is known to have no known limit.

The only thing Taimut did, was take away Galactus' momentary satiation level,
which is what allows Galactus to stop feeding on more than one planet at a time a month.

But the ability to absorb infinite amounts of energy, is part of Galactus' powerset,
if he wishes to absorb more than a planet.
(but as we know, eating even one Universe is not in Galactus' interest)

Still we know it's true, he's been seen absorbing Meph's realm (far more than a planet)
we've seen his essence exposed (a Star made up of infinite energy)
we've seen what his herald said (he contains an entire Cosmos within him)
we've seen both Annihilus & Thanos confirm that in the Annihilation arc,
that even Galactus in his weakened state, contains energy to obliterate 616 & the Negative Zone.

Also:

616 hungry Galactus easily defeats Hyperstorm like a child.

Hyperstorm, unlimited potential, indeed, connected to an infinite reservoir of energy,
he even controlled his entire Universe, and was out to take em all.

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/816525_Hype3.jpg

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/816526_hype4.jpg

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/816527_hype5.jpg

As shown above, Hyperstorm wanted to battle,
hungry Galactus was like, I don't even need to fight you son,
I'll instead just take all your energy.

This ... imo, is the real no PIS Galactus in action.

* note * ... Of course this isn't the Omniverse,
but it proves Galactus can (on his own without assistance)
at will, deal with infinite amounts of energy.

Utrigita
at 'standard' levels, galactus only requires the energy of a planet in order to stay well nourished. sure, he 'could' devour all of marvel - but that level of hunger is something he has yet to reach without outside assistance. thus, the "i'll eat the omniverse" version of galactus really has no place in forum battles, unless specifically mentioned, imo.

Not all planets satisfy him to the level of well nourished most just sate his hunger temporarily.

Not really, his infinite hunger is a part of his powerset, what isn't a part of Galactus is a desire to bring destruction to the universe, hence Tiamut altered the way Galactus was thinking, never believe himself to be fed but constantly hungry. That is imo the only alteration Tiamut made.

Galan007
Originally posted by Utrigita
Not really, his infinite hunger is a part of his powerset, what isn't a part of Galactus is a desire to bring destruction to the universe, hence Tiamut altered the way Galactus was thinking, never believe himself to be fed but constantly hungry. That is imo the only alteration Tiamut made. that is still a 'mindset' galactus has yet to reach/display without outside assistance.

Bentley
How is that supposed to happen? Galactus is not interested in eating beyond his need, its CIS.

Galan007
i simply do not see how we can just assume galactus can reach such a level, whenever he wants. especially when he has never displayed this ability without help.

Mr Master

that is still a 'mindset' galactus has yet to reach/display without outside assistance.

How is that supposed to happen?

Galactus is not interested in eating beyond his need, its CIS.
He's got a point there G,
we'll never see Galactus in a proper state of mind destroying,
or wanting to destroy everything, even a single universe.
(you will see him doing whatever he can to save the universe though)

The Black Celestial arc is what we have to demonstrate just how far Galactus can go.
(story couldn't take place in 616,
otherwise G would've had to erase 616 like he did to the alternate 616 future,
and that's simply not going to be allowed, unless there is a re-creation in the mix)

Also as you know,
Byrne gave us a possible ending to the Marvel Universe, (G ended it battling Ecce)
and Galactus' final purpose is explained, to create a new Marvel Universe from scratch.

We have present 616 Galactus depicted as containing infinite energy,
same energy he used to create Marvel anew in Byrne's vision.

We also have 616 hungry Galactus stomping Hyperstorm
by feeding on his connection to the infinite reservoirs of Hyperspace,
once again indicating Galactus' absorption capacity knows no limit, that we know of.

Bentley
I was under the impression that the change was just a mental alteration, not a power boost per se, so it would be the equal of Galactus deciding to do it on his own. I know that its still an alternate Galactus, but it's the same power set.

I mean, if Clark has never killed in 616 we don't have to assume he can't do it, because its in his power set. If Galactus has been stated to have unlimited hunger and to feed of things other than planets consistently through his history, I don't see exactly how this is an stretch.

Mr Master

I was under the impression that the change was just a mental alteration,
not a power boost per se,
so it would be the equal of Galactus deciding to do it on his own.
I know that its still an alternate Galactus, but it's the same power set.

I mean, if Clark has never killed in 616 we don't have to assume he can't do it, because its in his power set. If Galactus has been stated to have unlimited hunger and to feed of things other than planets consistently through his history, I don't see exactly how this is an stretch.
thumb up

Also, that alternate Galactus is Galactus 616 ... 15 years after 1990.

So literally if we take technicalities into consideration,
that time, which would now be 2005, came and went.

Of course, we didn't see Galactus doing what he did FF#341 in 2005,
because Galactus erased himself, and the possible 616 future from existence.

* note *

(Omniverse being threatened by Galactus was referenced in mainstream Avengers and GOTG)

Galan007
I was under the impression that the change was just a mental alteration, not a power boost per se, so it would be the equal of Galactus deciding to do it on his own. I know that its still an alternate Galactus, but it's the same power set. my point is, until galactus displays a similiar feat without help.... meh, no reason to keep beating the same 'ol horse.

Mr Master

my point is, until galactus displays a similiar feat without help....

He's got a point there G,
we'll never see Galactus in a proper state of mind destroying,
or wanting to destroy everything, even a single universe.
(you will see him doing whatever he can to save the universe though)
btw. Other than taking away Galactus's level of momentary satiation,
it was all Galactus and his personal power that did the work.

As for a similar feat: (at-least concerning infinite energy)

616 G also proved to be able to feed on Time-Space itself,
when he was eating Mephisto's pocket Universe.

fangirl101
btw. Other than taking away Galactus's level of momentary satiation,
it was all Galactus and his personal power that did the work.

As for a similar feat: (at-least concerning infinite energy)

But in Marvel, There are levels of Infinites. So that level of infinite amount of energy is no where near the Omniverses levels of infinite amount of energy.

Bentley
He had the Hyperstorm feat in eating feats. Unless its non-cannon, in which case I completely ignore others.

Galan007
here's what the celestial did to galactus...

"as galactus was healing, the master dreamed him whole.... but altered."

"the planet eater has always been hungry. now he would become ravenous as his appetite increased geometrically":

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/852465_bca1.jpg

like i said, when galactus does that on his own , it will be a viable tactic for him to use in a battle. then, and only then.

imo.

Mr Master

But in Marvel, There are levels of Infinites. So that level of infinite amount of energy is no where near the Omniverses levels of infinite amount of energy.
I agree.

It was the closest similarity I had concerning 616 G,
because like we all know, Galactus helps protect universal consonance,
he has never decided to attempt to destroy the universe, or even a Galaxy for that matter,
Eternity is his father & brother, Infinity his mother & sister.

This is why it took a story where G became an evil weapon,
in order to give us a glimpse of what would happen, if G fell to madness.

Bentley
Galactus wouldn't do it on his own I'm afraid.

I would leave it open to discussion since it says that his appetite is the thing that was increased and nothing more. There is no point in discussing technicalities and bringing a definition of appetite, its clear than on its own, this feat cannot be used by 616 Galactus.

Clearly it can't be used to dismiss the possibility of Galactus doing this, though.

Galan007
Clearly it can't be used to dismiss the possibility of Galactus doing this, though. agreed.

Tenebrous
^^I don't know.

While very logical, it's difficult to apply strict conventional debating rules to Galactus, who for practical purposes, is not a conventional character.

The problem here is basically a situation where Galactus is akin to say, Charles Xavier. The Black Celestial Saga is analogous to some external agent removing the physic blocks and restrictions Xavier placed on himself (thus "altering" Xavier, as no where in the Tiamut saga was it stated that Galactus' capacity to absorb enhanced, only his hunger). The resulting story would then go on to feature what xavier is capable of when he cuts loose without restraint, a la the Onslaught story.

Of course the problem now is can you use those same "blood lusted" xavier feats in debates?

Essentially, he has the capability to do the same feats, but it's just not in his character. So that's a gray area when it comes to invoking those type of instances.

I for one believe that we can us the Black Celestial arc if there's a stipulation of "blood lusted" Galactus....however again, the problem is that there's no such character. We just know what he's capable of, if in fact he used his inherent abilities to a much more horrific degree than he already does.

Mr Master

"the planet eater has always been hungry. now he would become ravenous as his appetite increased geometrically":
Right, that's what we said,
big G's level of temporary satiation was taken away. (altered)

But the power/capacity of absorption was all in Galactus' personal ability.

Again,
616 G has proven he can eat Time-Space (Meph's universe)
616 G stomped Hyperstorm by feeding on the infinite reservoirs of Hyperspace.
(he disconnected himself later on, silly if you ask me, he would've been able to feed for all Eternity,
then again, Galactus would've become a character writers can't use in their stories,
as a popular character, I can see why they did that)

So, imo, if 616 G can eat Time-Space ... and on an infinite scale as shown above,
being able to eat everything, for whatever reason he decided to do so,
isn't a stretch.

This is why as much as a Cosmic as Galactus is,
I hardly debate in threads involving him,
cause he's a restricted character, that for many reason isn't allowed to go all out.

Avlon

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/852465_bca1.jpg

like i said, when galactus does that on his own , it will be a viable tactic for him to use in a battle. then, and only then.

imo.

Interesting. It would seem that he became ravenous because he was altered. It doesn't seem like it was just mental, but physical as well.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Tenebrous

^^I don't know.

While very logical, it's difficult to apply strict conventional debating rules to Galactus, who for practical purposes, is not a conventional character.

The problem here is basically a situation where Galactus is akin to say, Charles Xavier. The Black Celestial Saga is analogous to some external agent removing the physic blocks and restrictions Xavier placed on himself (thus "altering" Xavier, as no where in the Tiamut saga was it stated that Galactus' capacity to absorb enhanced, only his hunger). The resulting story would then go on to feature what xavier is capable of when he cuts loose without restraint, a la the Onslaught story.

Of course the problem now is can you use those same "blood lusted" xavier feats in debates?

Essentially, he has the capability to do the same feats, but it's just not in his character. So that's a gray area when it comes to invoking those type of instances.

I for one believe that we can us the Black Celestial arc if there's a stipulation of "blood lusted" Galactus....however again, the problem is that there's no such character. We just know what he's capable of, if in fact he used his inherent abilities to a much more horrific degree than he already does.
I agree.

Just wanted to point this out:

"No where in the Tiamut saga
was it stated that Galactus' capacity to absorb enhanced,
only his hunger)"

thumb up ... that's a fact.

Bentley
Originally posted by Avlon
Interesting. It would seem that he became ravenous because he was altered. It doesn't seem like it was just mental, but physical as well.

Not to become all grammatic and stuff, but in that same panel said he became ravenous "as his appetite is increased geometrically". The reason is there, mental or physical it doesn't matter, as the thing altered is still only the apetite, nor his ability to consume.

fangirl101
He'd never be able to eat the omniverse anyway. He'd have to deal with the Alien entity, Mad Jim, Roma, the LT and others. That is why it was an alternate story line.

Bentley
He'd never be able to eat the omniverse anyway. He'd have to deal with the Alien entity, Mad Jim, Roma, the LT and others. That is why it was an alternate story line.

I agree that being bloodlusted doesn't make him the strongest in the Marvel Universe, he would still be owned by Abraxas without the nullifier for example. The point is, its still a very powerful skill.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Avlon

Interesting. It would seem that he became ravenous because he was altered.
It doesn't seem like it was just mental, but physical as well.
I have to disagree here good friend.

The arc is specific, it was the hunger that was altered, not Galactus' ability to perform.

It's simple, after Galactus feeds on a planet, he becomes momentarily satisfied,
within a month, he's starving again.
Taimut made it so Galactus could never reach this level of momentary satiation,
hence, Galactus' hunger continued to grow, since it was impossible to reach any level of satiation.

616 Galactus, on his own, has fed on infinite reservoirs of energy before.

True indeed, this isn't the Omniverse,
but it is infinite amounts of energy anyway,
and 616 Galactus, was able to feed on those energies, for all eternity if need be.

No "alteration" of any kind here btw. smile

Mr Master

Not to become all grammatic and stuff, but in that same panel said he became ravenous "as his appetite is increased geometrically". The reason is there, mental or physical it doesn't matter, as the thing altered is still only the apetite, nor his ability to consume.
Whoever delves into the arc itself, knows this is 100% true.

fangirl101
Until it happens in the 616, It ain't happened.

Mr Master

He'd never be able to eat the omniverse anyway.
He'd have to deal with the Alien entity, Mad Jim, Roma, the LT and others.
Perhaps, but if Galactus is truly supposedly the next Marvel Universe,
I don't see anyone stopping his purpose.

Because after all, in a natural transition of space-time consciousness (Eternity to Galactus)
they (cats you mentioned) would just be re-created in the next reality.

That is why it was an alternate story line.
Somewhat, the story itself took place within mainstream FF & Avengers issues.

The location of the action takes place 15 years in the future.,
but make no mistake, it was the Omniverse Galactus was going to eat,
and according to the Avengers, the FF and the GOTG issues tied in,
if Galactus didn't erase himself, and the 616 future, it would've happened.

Mr Master

Until it happens in the 616, It ain't happened.
It's never gonna happen in 616,
Galactus by character design helps/protects the Universe.

btw, in the Black Celestial arc
it was all 616 heroes (FF, Thor, Iron Man, and the Imperial Shiar) that were involved.

So it's more closely related to 616 than you may be aware of.

Knowsbleed33
MJJ and the AE no longer exsist, I don't see what good they'll be.

Enyalus

MJJ was brought back by Wanda's warp...he's died again?

The Great Galen
Galen takes it..easiily I might add.

Mr Master

MJJ was brought back by Wanda's warp...he's died again?
AE hasn't been seen since the arc it appeared in, in 2006,
but there's no reason to believe it doesn't exist.

In fact,
the AE now should be the un-official embodiment of the Big Bang
that creates everything in Marvel, past/present/future.

ol' JJ was once again defeated by his personal anti-JJ plot device, (Fury)
and also absorbed/consumed it seems by the same Fury, all took place in the 2007 arc.

They were merged, then Fury somehow took the majority of the merger,
then finally it overwhelmed JJ completely.

Enyalus
Ah. I missed that. Completely. lol

Knowsbleed33
Not to mention Merlyn recently destroyed the last fragment of the Fury. So for all intents and purposes MJJ is gone forever.

fangirl101
I've only seen the time trapper like for real defeated by uber high end abstract level power.

Enyalus
I've only seen the time trapper like for real defeated by uber high end abstract level power.

Fully Fed Galactus would qualify as that. stick out tongue

fangirl101
Fully Fed Galactus would qualify as that. stick out tongue
From eating a planet? I honestly don't see how Big G takes down TT. and I don't really see TT taking down Big G either. They both are too durable. But neither lacks the power to put the other down. Unless time trapper controls entropy. Then Big G would be in trouble.

Enyalus
From eating a planet? I honestly don't see how Big G takes down TT. and I don't really see TT taking down Big G either. They both are too durable. But neither lacks the power to put the other down. Unless time trapper controls entropy. Then Big G would be in trouble.

Big G would probably eat the entropy for lunch and power up.

And I don't think TT controls that, anyhow. Just because he lives at the end of time, and controls time, doesn't mean he controls Destuction, right?

Knowsbleed33
Wouldn't fully fed mean he just ate the MU? And would Galactus going into full munch-mode technically be Entropy?

fangirl101
Wouldn't fully fed mean he just ate the MU? And would Galactus going into full munch-mode technically be Entropy?
No. It wouldn't technically be entropy. Entropy destroys everything. Concepts, energy, life. And fully fed as far as I know is him eating a planet. That is what gives him a full belly until the next time he needs to feed.

Knowsbleed33
That's DC interpretation of entropy, it's not the only one.

Enyalus
Entropy is simply another form of energy. And, that I can recall, I've never seen Galactus put down with energy. Physically beaten up? Hell yes. Otherwise? Mm, not so sure, but I'd have to give it more thought.

fangirl101
Entropy is simply another form of energy. And, that I can recall, I've never seen Galactus put down with energy. Physically beaten up? Hell yes. Otherwise? Mm, not so sure, but I'd have to give it more thought.
Not in DC. Entropy is the absense of everything. It's the destruction and end of everything.

fangirl101
That's DC interpretation of entropy, it's not the only one.
It's the one that counts if it's being used by a DC character.

quanchi112
Not in DC. Entropy is the absense of everything. It's the destruction and end of everything. Didnt Superman get hit with entropy and ward off the blast?

Knowsbleed33
It's the one that counts if it's being used by a DC character.

Not if that DC character is facing a Marvel character.

vlaaad12345
Uhhh yeah if a dc character is using dc entropy we are using their definition of it otherwise that would be retarded.

Bentley
I don't think TT controls that, anyhow. Just because he lives at the end of time, and controls time, doesn't mean he controls Destuction, right?

vlaaad12345
Entropy is the end of all time energy ect....so...yeah he does control entropy considering he is the embodiment of entropy...hell he was going to destroy mon el with a entropy blast,here you go

http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=coverartsb8rk9.jpg

Bentley
It says in that very page he is a foe of Darkseid's class.

quanchi112
Galactus wins.......this easily....still.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>