Punisher vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Premutos
No, seriously, this one is gonna happen in comics. For real.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/920/920905p1.html

Frank gets one-sided prep, unlimited arsenal and they'll be fighting in one of his titles. Bob has the powah of a million exploding hyperboles and the hatred of most Marvelites. Who wins this?

Endrict Nuul
Oh, Hell no.... this is a whole new level of crap for the both of them. what's next after this, Frank vs Galactus?

Zack Fair

Poor Sentry.

Eel O'Brien
Death of Sentry, anyone?

BruceSkywalker
What exactly can Frank do???

Unless, of course, who will job first Frank or Sentry??

Endrict Nuul
Wait....wait... isn't Sentry supposed to be faster that a bullet and near light speed etc...? so even if he hear the shot from far away thats plenty of time to move out of the way and knock Franks head off.

Mindset
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Wait....wait... isn't Sentry supposed to be faster that a bullet and near light speed etc...? so even if he hear the shot from far away thats plenty of time to move out of the way and knock Franks head off. Sentry is ftl in flight speed.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Mindset
Sentry is ftl in flight speed.

Still, how is Frank supposed to shoot him?

Scoobless
Wait....wait... isn't Sentry supposed to be faster that a bullet and near light speed etc...? so even if he hear the shot from far away thats plenty of time to move out of the way and knock Franks head off.

Well sure ... if the bullet in question is going slower than the speed of sound (maybe a 22 or something)

Though for some reason I doubt Punisher would think a bullet would kill Sentry anyway.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Scoobless
Well sure ... if the bullet in question is going slower than the speed of sound (maybe a 22 or something)

Though for some reason I doubt Punisher would think a bullet would kill Sentry anyway.

Still, even if he uses a damn rocket...how is that going to hit Sentry unless CIS or PIS.

Scoobless
Still, even if he uses a damn rocket...how is that going to hit Sentry unless CIS or PIS.

Maybe he'll use a laser or some sh!t like that ... I don't know.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4969/punishervol720081016050lz3.jpg

laughing out loud

I think this guy is the reason Invincible ditched the yellow costume and fingerless gloves.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Scoobless
Maybe he'll use a laser or some sh!t like that ... I don't know.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4969/punishervol720081016050lz3.jpg

laughing out loud

Still, PIS crap or major CIS on Sentrys part..

Scoobless
Not really ... Sentry isn't exactly known to dodge anything.

Bada's Palin
Sentry.

fascistcrusader
Now I'm a big fan of the Punisher, and I like to see Frank put superpowered opponents in their place, but this is ridiculous. It's one thing for Frank to outfight Wolverine and then run him over with a steamroller, but Sentry is immune to everything Frank can dish out. Sentry can catch bullets, he's faster than light, nothing short of a multitude of WW Hulk level blows can do anything to him. Frank, by contrast, can be easily killed by nything Bob decided to use against him. Either Frank is going to get his butt kicked, or we're going to get the biggest pile of steaming PIS BS since Black Panther armbarring Silver Surfer.

Scoobless
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Now I'm a big fan of the Punisher, and I like to see Frank put superpowered opponents in their place, but this is ridiculous. It's one thing for Frank to outfight Wolverine and then run him over with a steamroller, but Sentry is immune to everything Frank can dish out. Sentry can catch bullets, he's faster than light, nothing short of a multitude of WW Hulk level blows can do anything to him. Frank, by contrast, can be easily killed by nything Bob decided to use against him. Either Frank is going to get his butt kicked, or we're going to get the biggest pile of steaming PIS BS since Black Panther armbarring Silver Surfer.

I rarely hear these complaints when Batman fights Superman.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, wait ..... I do.

no expression

DestinyGuy678
who knows punisher is prett resourceful and sentry is pretty stupid

Scoobless
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
who knows punisher is prett resourceful and sentry is pretty stupid

Sentry's a himbo.

tkitna
Frank couldnt come up with anything to even hurt Sentry. The guy has survived nukes for Gods sakes.

This is an all time low. If Frank takes down the Sentry, I will never purchase another Marvel comic in my lifetime.

Bouboumaster
WTF.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by tkitna
Frank couldnt come up with anything to even hurt Sentry. The guy has survived nukes for Gods sakes.

This is an all time low.

Exactly......utter crap..

Grinning Goku
Exactly......utter crap..

You said it, man.

Kazenji

If Frank takes down the Sentry, I will never purchase another Marvel comic in my lifetime.

Wow, Talk about taking things a little too far

I'm guessing this new punisher story is a Marvel Knights one.

tkitna
Originally posted by Kazenji
Wow, Talk about taking things a little too far

Nah, the only reason I started buying comics again was the Sentry. If he gets whacked, theres no reason for me to continue. Same as Mighty Avengers. If Bob gets written out of the lineup when Slott takes over, i'll drop the book. I'd have no problems at all boycotting them.

If he gets taken down by the Punisher, which would be an impossibility, there better be a damn good reason for that kind of writing like some kind of power loss or something.

Phantom Zone

Thats actually not true it depends on what weapons hes using. Im not sure about now, but Stu Clark uesed to be Franks armourer and he was able to use ion-dampeners to weaken Wonder Man so that he and Splice where knocking him about. If Frank gets equipment that can weaken Sentry so that conventional weapons will work then he could.

fascistcrusader
Maybe Frank will get his hands on a chemical that counterracts the Sentry's serum. Even this seems far fetched though, as he has no way to get it inside of Bob's body.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Maybe Frank will get his hands on a chemical that counterracts the Sentry's serum. Even this seems far fetched though, as he has no way to get it inside of Bob's body.

Like I said ion-dampeners, that wouldn't work on Sentry but his powers work a certain way.

Nihilist
laughing out loud sentry in a stomp

DestinyGuy678
...you know the whole phrase dont judge a book by its cover....this pretty much comes into play

no ones even knows the story but the fact punisher is going after sentry has everyone up at arms

for all we know punisher might find some weakness in the sentry or has very good preperation, but calling the stroy bad without knowing the first thing about it isnt right

Premutos
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678

for all we know punisher might find some weakness in the sentry or has very good preperation, but calling the stroy bad without knowing the first thing about it isnt right

Wait, the US Government and SHIELD have been trying for years to find a way to get rid of Sentry to no avail but Frank Castle (of all people) is gonna come up with one?? Yep, this is EXACTLY how comic book logic works. You're probably right.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Premutos
Wait, the US Government and SHIELD have been trying for years to find a way to get rid of Sentry to no avail but Frank Castle (of all people) is gonna come up with one??

Considering that Frank Castle has shown tactical superioty to Captain America and has outsmarted SHIELD I don't see why not.

Ha Son
facepalm

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Ha Son
facepalm

Oh God hes back...trolling!

Ha Son
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Oh God hes back...trolling!
Originally posted by Ha Son
facepalm

Nihilist
laughing out loud

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Nihilist
laughing out loud

Is that all you need to do to get a laugh?

facepalm

confused

Mindset
Considering that Frank Castle has shown tactical superioty to Captain America and has outsmarted SHIELD I don't see why not.

Frank does not have knowledge or technology to succeed where SHIELD has failed.

Nihilist
Is that all you need to do to get a laugh?

facepalm

confused no expression

Phantom Zone
Frank does not have knowledge or technology to succeed where SHIELD has failed.

Hes shown to be tactically superior to SHIELD and as I explained earlier on if Stu Clark is his armourer then that could explain how he gets hold of tech.

edit: Apparently Cap manged to Ko Sentry by messing with his mind , so hell he wouldn't even need tech he would just have to mind f*k him.

Premutos

edit: Apparently Cap manged to Ko Sentry by messing with his mind , so hell he wouldn't even need tech he would just have to mind f*k him.

Cap? When did that happen?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Premutos
Cap? When did that happen?

I'll have to find it on search but there was a thread on this. Apparently Cap messed with Reynolds mind and made him doubt himself and then he KOed. It was in civil war and was supposed to have happened off-panel. Notice how I said apparently.

Mindset
Hes shown to be tactically superior to SHIELD and as I explained earlier on if Stu Clark is his armourer then that could explain how he gets hold of tech.

edit: Apparently Cap manged to Ko Sentry by messing with his mind , so hell he wouldn't even need tech he would just have to mind f*k him. What does tactical superiority have to do with anything?

You keep saying that like it's supposed to actually prove something.

Phantom Zone
What does tactical superiority have to do with anything?

You keep saying that like it's supposed to actually prove something.

Wow.......... *whooosh*

Mindset
Obviously you don't understand.

Punisher's ability to plan is meaningless since he doesn't have the intelligence to produce anything that will be effective.

Stu would be his only hope, and unless Stu is smarter and has more resources than SHIELD, then it wont matter.

Get it now?

Phantom Zone
Obviously you don't understand.

Punisher's ability to plan is meaningless since he doesn't have the intelligence to produce anything that will be effective.

Stu would be his only hope, and unless Stu is smarter and has more resources than SHIELD, then it wont matter.

Get it now?

So basically all you did is repeat mostly what I already said to you...brilliant. If you notice my point was not just about tactics but equipment. We both agree that Stu could help, were we differ is wether Stu will be good enough. Its not beyond both Frank and Stu to come up with a plan to defeat Sentry.

Mindset
So basically all you did is repeat mostly what I already said to you...brilliant. If you notice my point was not just about tactics but equipment. We both agree that Stu could help, were we differ is wether Stu will be good enough. Its not beyond both Frank and Stu to come up with a plan to defeat Sentry. My point is Punisher's tactical abilities will not be of much importance, this is what you don't seem to realize. Basically this fight is dependant on Stu, and even then you have to make the arguement that Stu is superior to SHIELD, which you haven't.

I don't see how I repeated what you said...

Badabing
Oh God hes back...trolling! Posting one smilie isn't trolling.

Closed...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.