How can a non force user duel with a force user?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Happy_Sith
Makes little sense to me.

A Jedi has the ability to block a blaster bolt, and from the novels I get the impression that this sort of thing is second nature. Lots of blaster bolts may be difficult, but it would be uber lame to get killed by some street punk with a blaster.

Yet I was going over Drew's RoT and a non force using Twi'lek manages to out-duel an actual Jedi! I was shocked when I read it originally, and I have read nothing further that explains such an event.

Why does the force user not simply apply the technique that they use for blocking blaster bolts (very fast) to blocking a sword? Why do they not use the technique to exploit the non force user's defence?

Well, if they could they would, so I am asking for a description of the technique used for blocking blaster bolts.

Qui Gon claims that Jedi can see things before they happen, but is this true? Or is it a typical Jedi metaphor/lie?

Thanks.

Fan Skywalker
Originally posted by Happy_Sith
Makes little sense to me.

A Jedi has the ability to block a blaster bolt, and from the novels I get the impression that this sort of thing is second nature. Lots of blaster bolts may be difficult, but it would be uber lame to get killed by some street punk with a blaster.

Yet I was going over Drew's RoT and a non force using Twi'lek manages to out-duel an actual Jedi! I was shocked when I read it originally, and I have read nothing further that explains such an event.

Why does the force user not simply apply the technique that they use for blocking blaster bolts (very fast) to blocking a sword? Why do they not use the technique to exploit the non force user's defence?

Well, if they could they would, so I am asking for a description of the technique used for blocking blaster bolts.

Qui Gon claims that Jedi can see things before they happen, but is this true? Or is it a typical Jedi metaphor/lie?

Thanks.

I dont think Qui gon was lying the jedi have precognition they see whats going to happen before it happens and react accordingly so it makes them looks fast (am not sure jedi are fast enough to deflect blaster shots without the force). How a street punk non force user beats a jedi in a duel i dont know, we do know that a good fighter like the fetts can kill jedi so if this twi lek was really good it's possible.

Enyalus
Johun Othone just simply sucked. Hardcore.

However, exceptionally skilled killers can take down Jedi. See Jango Fett's fight with Obi-Wan in AOTC for more evidence.

Happy_Sith
Originally posted by Fan Skywalker
I dont think Qui gon was lying the jedi have precognition they see whats going to happen before it happens and react accordingly so it makes them looks fast (am not sure jedi are fast enough to deflect blaster shots without the force). How a street punk non force user beats a jedi in a duel i dont know, we do know that a good fighter like the fetts can kill jedi so if this twi lek was really good it's possible.

Actually, the Jedi did win the duel in the end despite being out-fought for some of the fight, and the natural precognition should have made it easy for the Jedi.

Is there no answer in any Star Wars book?

It seems like a pretty big discrepancy.

Happy_Sith
Originally posted by Enyalus
Johun Othone just simply sucked. Hardcore.

I factored that in smile

JayJohn85
Poison and many other nasty non direct attacks....Kotor 2 good old atton killed plenty.

Happy_Sith
Yes, assassins could take Jedi. I recall Atton explaining that to the Exile - said it was easier than some would think.

But my question is regarding the direct methods when the Jedi is on guard.

jaden101
i believe Jango fett killed several jedi with his bare hands at Galidraan

Fan Skywalker
Actually, the Jedi did win the duel in the end despite being out-fought for some of the fight, and the natural precognition should have made it easy for the Jedi.

Is there no answer in any Star Wars book?

It seems like a pretty big discrepancy.

Seems the authors the only ones to blame for these jedi's stupid loses.

Happy_Sith
On a similar note, I am also curious about Grievous.

I have read LOE and Dark Rendezvous as well as watching some of the Clone War Cartoons, but I still think that a Jedi - any Jedi - should defeat him with the force.

I know if I had these abilities Grievous would be scrap in seconds. No lightsaber nonsense.

Science Fantasy it may be, but my goodness... the whole concept of GG is awful!

truejedi
On a similar note, I am also curious about Grievous.

I have read LOE and Dark Rendezvous as well as watching some of the Clone War Cartoons, but I still think that a Jedi - any Jedi - should defeat him with the force.

I know if I had these abilities Grievous would be scrap in seconds. No lightsaber nonsense.

Science Fantasy it may be, but my goodness... the whole concept of GG is awful!

i agree with this one completely. i was reading the beginning of this thread, and i was going to mention grievous, and how it makes absolutely NO SENSE that he killed four jedi with two sabers in LOE. But You already made my point for me. It just doesn't make sense.

Also: speaking of bounty hunters and such: from Jedi Twilight:

"No ordinary humanoid could contend with a jedi one on one and expect to win. Even a true teras kasi adept, harnessing his own inner enrgy and drawing on decades of honed skill, could hope , at best for a draw, and there weren't more than a handful of those in the galaxy."

that's pretty good indication that the fetts had to be flukes.

Lucien A
Perception and motor skills as we know them only go so far in humans, but how about other species? Even humans whose brains are able to acquire more skills, move the body faster, learn easier etc. A Jedi can only block so much, parry so many times. Their bodies get tired too. And it's abundently clear that they can only "forsee" so much and so far. Otherwise any Jedi would be able to block everything, always. They're more capable beings, not Gods. They can be overwhelmed and out-matched by another more capable, more skilled opponent.

truejedi
good point. a jedi of one species shouldn't be beaten by a non-force user of that same species, but not necessarily true of inter-species duels.

Lucien A
Again though, depending on the indiviudal's connection to the Force and their amount of training compared to the training and abilities of the opponent.

Enyalus
In Path of Destruction it's noted that an entire battalion of soldiers isn't worth one trained Sith Lord.

And for the most part, the Sith and Jedi of the era seemed pretty "meh."

Captain REX
I usually assume that statements about Jedi being invincible against the average being is referring to fully trained Jedi and that the normal folk are not particularly skilled.

Jango Fett seems to be an exception, as are a few others in the Star Wars universe.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Captain REX
Jango Fett seems to be an exception, as are a few others in the Star Wars universe.

...Bane would throw a moon on him. confused

Captain REX
...of course.

Happy_Sith
Originally posted by Lucien A
Perception and motor skills as we know them only go so far in humans, but how about other species? Even humans whose brains are able to acquire more skills, move the body faster, learn easier etc. A Jedi can only block so much, parry so many times. Their bodies get tired too. And it's abundently clear that they can only "forsee" so much and so far. Otherwise any Jedi would be able to block everything, always. They're more capable beings, not Gods. They can be overwhelmed and out-matched by another more capable, more skilled opponent.

Your point about other species is well taken. I have considered it myself often enough when playing through a game or reading one of the novels.

As for Jedi not being God like, I would say that they actually should appear God like, with the ability to easily block blaster bolts.

I suppose games like KOTOR fuel the idea that non-Jedi (Mandalorians) can compete against a Jedi, even if there is no specific Canon example of, say, a Jedi being out dueled by non force enhanced skill.

Meh, most of the EU I have been exposed to comes before ROTJ - I am not too fond of the storyline after it. I have heard odd rumors (bounty hunters dueling Vader, for example) but have not bothered to follow them up.

Happy_Sith
In Path of Destruction it's noted that an entire battalion of soldiers isn't worth one trained Sith Lord.

And for the most part, the Sith and Jedi of the era seemed pretty "meh."

I recall such a statement and it seemed to be fueled by emotion. I did not take it literally even if the speaker actually meant it.

Enyalus
I recall such a statement and it seemed to be fueled by emotion. I did not take it literally even if the speaker actually meant it.

Well, it's said at least twice.

Red Nemesis
...Bane would throw a moon on him. confused mad mad Bane did not move a moon!!! mad mad

?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
mad mad Bane did not move a moon!!! mad mad

?

Proof? stick out tongue

Red Nemesis
Why would he fly through open space if he could move a moon?

Fan Skywalker

That's probably the best answer- supported by the fact that in LOFT Fury Ben was blocking shots from one of the Yuuzhang killer droids and because the shots were so strong Ben said the shots would wear him out, also supprted by the fact that being able to see something coming doesn't mean you could stop it.

Dark-Jaxx
The Fetts, being Mandalorians and automatically imbued with a +20 haxx are able to do so with skillz.

And Atton thoroughly actually explained ways to kill Jedi, citing that,"People think killing a Jedi is hard. It isn't. You just have to know how to do it."

Or sumthin like that.

Allankles
The Fetts killed Jedi by using superior fire power, two highly modified, high powered blasters could overwhelm the average Jedi's defenses although it begs the question why didn't they redirect the blaster fire onto the aggressor? They'd have no defense for that.

Any other means of directly taking Jedi would involve setting up explosive traps, poison gas etc, otherwise non force sensitives shouldn't be able to take Jedi one on one, since the force (on top of the average limited precognition) allows for enhanced strength, stamina and even pain threshold.

truejedi
if they were being overwhelmed, they wouldn't have the time to redirect towards the aggressor.

Fan Skywalker
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
The Fetts, being Mandalorians and automatically imbued with a +20 haxx are able to do so with skillz.

And Atton thoroughly actually explained ways to kill Jedi, citing that,"People think killing a Jedi is hard. It isn't. You just have to know how to do it."

Or sumthin like that.

That and the fett/mandos have a whole author kissing their backsides.

Autokrat
Non force users kill Jedi like this... in these four simple steps.

Step One
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/4199/jangovsjediframe01xs1.jpg

Step Two
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/566/jangovsjediframe02gc2.jpg

Step Three
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7964/jangovsjediframe03uh6.jpg

Step Four
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4089/jangovsjediframe04rj8.jpg

Fan Skywalker
So many things wrong with that scan.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Fan Skywalker
So many things wrong with that scan.

Not really. He's a mando. smile

jaden101
so...step 1...chuck a snowball in jedi's face

step 2...duck

step 3...grab jedi

step 4...plant your mask into jedi's beak

Autokrat
Originally posted by jaden101
so...step 1...chuck a snowball in jedi's face

step 2...duck

step 3...grab jedi

step 4...plant your mask into jedi's beak

Yep, so if you ever meet a hostile Jedi/Sith, you know what to do.

Ultimate Vader
It's easy to kill a Jedi. Here are some tips :

1. Be a superhuman (like Hulk)
2. Train in Teras Kasi and have some war experience, then fight the Jedi with good weapons
3. Gas them
4. Drug them
5. Gun down their allies
6. Use trap
7. Suicide with atomic bomb or proton bomb.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Ultimate Vader
It's easy to kill a Jedi. Here are some tips :

1. Be a superhuman (like Hulk)
2. Train in Teras Kasi and have some war experience, then fight the Jedi with good weapons
3. Gas them
4. Drug them
5. Gun down their allies
6. Use trap
7. Suicide with atomic bomb or proton bomb.

Here's another: Don't quote Atton Rand if you can avoid it at all.

eek!

Enyalus
Seriously, there's a much easier way to kill a Jedi. Two options:

1) Become Mandalorian.
2) Become Sith.

In that order.

jaden101
Originally posted by Autokrat
Yep, so if you ever meet a hostile Jedi/Sith, you know what to do.

i can but imagine the carnage on halloween at some poor 10 year old kid dressed as a jedi getting a beatdown from me

Bardock42
Jedi are not unbeatable, and the Force doesn't make them unbeatable. It is a very useful tool, but only few Jedi have such excellent control over it that they can block everything and stop anyone.

JayJohn85
Atton was real sly and dirty.....One of his methods was basically putting pressure on the inexperienced padawan therefore creating a situation where the master in his desire to render aid asap may make a mistake.

Ultimate Vader
Here's another: Don't quote Atton Rand if you can avoid it at all.

eek!

You can't avoid proton bomb big grin

Ultimate Vader
Originally posted by JayJohn85
Atton was real sly and dirty.....One of his methods was basically putting pressure on the inexperienced padawan therefore creating a situation where the master in his desire to render aid asap may make a mistake.

He said he's an assassin, IMO he's more killer than assassin.

JayJohn85
nope both are by definition killers though I would attribute the latter to amateurs whereas an assassin is a job and therefore they are either trained to do it professionally or they do it over a long time gaining experience in efficiency and not getting caught and they do it for material gain whereas a killer can just be some mad dog moron who does it for either physiological reasons or by accident.

In the case of atton he was trained by the sith had proficiency with many weapons and also knew the enchanti martial arts all tiers of it which isnt something everyone in the SW universe casually knows in fact mandalorians respected it, it was probably on a par with there unarmed martial training.

baneswrath
The only reason Mandos like Fett can kill jedi is because of their bad ass weapons, equipment(360. hud display in their helmet), and baskar armor that a lightsaber can not pierce. At least not the first time. Without that stuff they would have no hope at all.

baneswrath
There are also weapons that lightsabers can not defend against like them paddle beamers the pweck use in force heretic II refugee but I am still going with the jedi. A normal dude can't take a jedi by himself there has to be a lot of them.

Lord Knightfa11
How do you explain jango fett going berserk and killing many jedi with his bare hands then?

Darth Exodus
Steriods. ALOT of Steriods.

kotorfan
...Bane would throw a moon on him. confused

srsly whats with the Bane throws moons at people in every topic? i've seen it like at least 5 times already.

kotorfan
Originally posted by Ultimate Vader
He said he's an assassin, IMO he's more killer than assassin.

I thought assasins kill people..

sry for the double post again

Lucien A
There's a killer who simply kills people, regardless of method or reason. And then there's an assassin, who eliminates specific targets in a planned and methodical procedure.

Allankles
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
How do you explain jango fett going berserk and killing many jedi with his bare hands then?

That's just a lot of bs. Aside from the expert combat skills a life time of Jedi training provides, the force provides super human speed, strength, stamina and increased threshold of pain.

Otherwise the average Jedi would just have to use blasters, there's a reason why the Masters are confident in giving them lightsabers, it means they have achieved enough harmony with the force that they can use a lightsaber effectively against any threat.

But there are a few legitimate ways a non force sensitive human can take a Jedi (there are some alien species capable of handling Jedi in hand to hand just not regular humans like Jango/Boba).

One method is overwhelming the Jedi with high powered weaponry from a relatively safe distance, any victory for Jango/Boba using bare hands is just bs. Some writers don't know what they are talking about, and that scan with the Mando headbutting the Jedi is so wrong on many levels.

In ROTS we saw a youngling dispatch a good number of clones by himself that right there is a measure of the skill and the physical prowess the force and Jedi training provide.

Lord Knightfa11
lol don't know what you are talking about, Jango/boba are humans.

Red Nemesis

Yet again, you are completely off base. No one said anything about them not being human- that was your imagination. You use it too much- give it a break now and then.

NonSensi-Klown
There really is no reason why a non-force user can ever beat a force user.

Captain REX
I don't think the Jedi are invincible; it is possible for a Jedi to lose a battle to a talented individual who is not Force-sensitive. Otherwise such situations would never occur. Jedi are still beings, they get tired, they make errors.

NonSensi-Klown
Anytime a force-user loses to a non-force user it's either PIS or the force user got surprised.

Dooku threw Obi-Wan against a wall hard enough to knock him out. Why cant Jedi and Sith do that to all non-force users? If a Jedi or Sith is attacked en masse I can understand, but they should never lose a one-on-one scenario.

And a Jedi not snapping a non-FU's neck with the force counts as PIS.

Lucien A
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Anytime a force-user loses to a non-force user it's either PIS or the force user got surprised.

Dooku threw Obi-Wan against a wall hard enough to knock him out. Why cant Jedi and Sith do that to all non-force users? If a Jedi or Sith is attacked en masse I can understand, but they should never lose a one-on-one scenario.

And a Jedi not snapping a non-FU's neck with the force counts as PIS. I don't think Dooku would survive against numerous blaster-wielding opponents by picking them up as slowly as he did with Obi-Wan. With blaster bolts coming at him from every direction, he's gonna be hit by one of them if he's taking his time with TK.

Allankles

Failure to comminucate? I didn't say they weren't. They don't have the Super human reflexes or precognition to take Jedi in hand to hand. Not unless they surprised the Jedi in that situation and got the drop on them, otherwise mano-a-mano in a h2h situation they best be running.

A writer giving Mandos wins over Jedi in hand to hand situations without legitimate scenarios doesn't know anything about what the force is capable of.

Allankles
Yet again, you are completely off base. No one said anything about them not being human- that was your imagination. You use it too much- give it a break now and then.

no
This is irrelevant to the point I was making. I never talked about regular humans in relation to what anyone said.

I just pointed out that there are some non-force sensitive alien (like the Gen'Dai) who can take force sensitives in hand to hand scenarios.

Non-force sensitive humans don't have the necessary speed to do this not to mention the passive limited precognition all Jedi possess thanks to the force.

So Jango taking out Jedi with his hands is plain bs, he doesn't have the pure physical prowess necessary to accomplish this, and writers who suggest that he does, don't know what they are talking about.

Jango and Boba have no physical augmentations to put them on the same physical level as a fully fledged Jedi.

All this without mentioning that a Jedi Knight can - on top of the physical superiority - manipulate Boba/Jango and the environment with the force to their advantage.

rabidd909

And a Jedi not snapping a non-FU's neck with the force counts as PIS.

jedi dont go around snapping peoples necks, its not their way. if they were a bit more ruthless, the number of jedi killed by non force users would be little to none. so if they started acting like that, that would be PIS.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Allankles
no
This is irrelevant to the point I was making. I never talked about regular humans in relation to what anyone said.

I agree with you completely- that statement was kind of my point. I was pointing out that Knightfa11 was, once again, completely wrong. The response wasn't aimed at you.

NonSensi-Klown
I don't think Dooku would survive against numerous blaster-wielding opponents by picking them up as slowly as he did with Obi-Wan. With blaster bolts coming at him from every direction, he's gonna be hit by one of them if he's taking his time with TK.

Well, that's why I said en masse one could lose. I was referring to a one-on-one situation.

Captain REX
What if the non-Force user is simply better with a blaster than the Jedi is their lightsaber or their powers?

Lucien A
Then they're dead. Take that Coleman Trebor!

Hewhoknowsall
What if the non-Force user is simply better with a blaster than the Jedi is their lightsaber or their powers?

thumb up

raygun >>starwars

Lucien A
'Kay, all those smilies tend to piss people off, you know.

Hewhoknowsall
'Kay, all those smilies tend to piss people off, you know.

oh, okay.

NonSensi-Klown

Impossible. Snapping someone's neck or FP'ing them against a wall hard enough to shatter bones > any blaster. Faster to, since only a thought is required.

You're making me repeat myself. no expression

I suppose that if a Jedi is ambushed, is autistic, is surrounded by Ysalamiri and does not have any force powers, he could lose. Of if he walks into a room and the guy already has his gun pointed at him. Otherwise, never.

Elite Hunter
^What would you consider Grievous and Durge?

Captain REX
You make it sound as if all Jedi are able to display such power. Dooku didn't break any of Kenobi's bones when he hurled him across the room. I will admit that Kenobi is a Jedi target, but he is still human.

Allankles
Originally posted by Elite Hunter

Durge is a gen'dai an immortal, super human alien species. Grevious thanks to CIS military technology is also superhuman.

Allankles
Then they're dead. Take that Coleman Trebor!

Coleman was too focused on Dooku and he obviously underestimated the non force sensitives surrounding Dooku unfortunately one of them happened to be a mando mercenary who was a good shot and had higher powered blasters.

Non force sensitives can take Jedi one on one with blasters they have to be sure to keep their distance and hope the Jedi is distracted (or have jet packs just in case).

If not they get their heads loped off ala Jango vs Mace sad.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Elite Hunter

Durge is immortal, I woudl consider GG what happened when he fought Mace.

GG: I WILL KILL J00!

Mace: *force crush*

QED for GG.

Yeah, but he knocked him out cold. The battle was over for Kenobi at that point, it would be for anybody.

Lucien A
It's entirely possible to overwhelm a Jedi's senses. They're mortals and make mistakes/get tired.

NonSensi-Klown
It shouldn't last long enough for their senses to get overwhelmed.

Lucien A
Like I said in the first page of this, there are species and beings out there with genetic enhancements, prosthetics etc. And there's something to be said for highly adavnced training and weaponry. A Jedi can/will/and has made mistakes, got tired---for whatever reason. Be it a lesser connection with the Force, poor/incomplete/wrong type of training, situation-determined circumstances, unforseen extenuating factors.

There's a myriad of reasons why Jedi---mortal, organic beings---can be defeated.

NonSensi-Klown
I suppose that if a Jedi is ambushed, is autistic, is surrounded by Ysalamiri and does not have any force powers, or is barely force-sensitive, he could lose. Of if he walks into a room and the guy already has his gun pointed at him. Otherwise, never.

Lucien A
Wow, so much for Jedi not being called Gods.

NonSensi-Klown
Eh, they're only gods when compared to normal people.

Batman would kill a few.

Darth Exodus
Step one: Allow them to get close to you

Step two: Shove granade down Jedi's trousers

Step three: Run away

Step four: Stick finger's in ears and wait

Step five: Point and laugh. This might be a good time to divulge the secrets of you evil plan. Or your grandma's secret recipe.

Easy.

RocasAtoll
Impossible. Snapping someone's neck or FP'ing them against a wall hard enough to shatter bones > any blaster. Faster to, since only a thought is required.

You're making me repeat myself. no expression
Then why isn't Jedi fighting just one person choking the other, going back and forth? It's the same concept. If you really could just choke and throw someone like Dooku did, why the hell would you ever have to use a lightsaber?

NonSensi-Klown
Because of PIS.

"Choking people" is something that Jedi can't do. It's a dark side maneuver.

IF you care to notice, though, Vader does it quite frequently.

And force users can use the force to resist force attacks. So using only force attacks doesn't always work.

*shrug*

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Step one: Allow them to get close to you

Step two: Shove granade down Jedi's trousers

Step three: Run away

Step four: Stick finger's in ears and wait

Step five: Point and laugh. This might be a good time to divulge the secrets of you evil plan. Or your grandma's secret recipe.

In the time it would take for you to prime a grenade, stick it in a Jedi's pants, than runaway, the grenade would have exploded already and killed you both.

I know, I kno0w, you were just making a shitty joke. But still.

RocasAtoll
"Choking people" is something that Jedi can't do. It's a dark side maneuver.
Pushing, pulling, crushing, etc. Why don't they do it all the time? It's a lot more effective.
IF you care to notice, though, Vader does it quite frequently.
But decides to just stop when it would be most useful.
And force users can use the force to resist force attacks. So using only force attacks doesn't always work.

*shrug*
You can resist some, but not all.

Bespin Bart
A Jedi not using the Dark Side isn't PIS. That's just how they are in general. ermm

NonSensi-Klown
It's PIS, or CIS rather.

Any time a character has the power to use an ability but does not due to personality or morals or some other personal influence, it's PIS.

You could argue that Superman not blowing up a planet in order to kill someone is just how how he is in general, but it's still PIS.

It is more affective. Crushing someone's skull is also not the Jedi way.

PIS.

And the ones that can't be resisted, like drain, are spammed.

Red Nemesis

NonSensi-Klown
No, it's not the word I was looking for.

Try again.

Red Nemesis

Let's rewrite that to show affective's meaning:
It is more causing emotion or feeling. Crushing someone's skull is also not the Jedi way.

Do you see how nonsensical that is? The word you meant was effective. That you didn't admit the mistake shows that you either
a) feel like getting into a fight over nothing,
-or-
b) are too retarded to know the meaning of the words you type.

Take your pick. Neither option is good for my opinion of you, but I can respect bravado and frustration a lot more than I can ignorance, willful or otherwise.

Captain REX
PIS/CIS seems like just a way to complain about a character not doing something...

NonSensi-Klown

Let's rewrite that to show affective's meaning:
It is more causing emotion or feeling. Crushing someone's skull is also not the Jedi way.

Do you see how nonsensical that is? The word you meant was effective. That you didn't admit the mistake shows that you either
a) feel like getting into a fight over nothing,
-or-
b) are too retarded to know the meaning of the words you type.

Take your pick. Neither option is good for my opinion of you, but I can respect bravado and frustration a lot more than I can ignorance, willful or otherwise.

All of those are wrong. You really didn't get the point, did you?

Red Nemesis
Why don't you explain it to me. All I'm saying is that you used the wrong word. I assumed it was a typo. Your response makes it seem as though you honestly don't know what the word means. Please prove me wrong. People who use words they don't understand are just a little bit pathetic.

RocasAtoll
Yet Windu had no qualms crushing Grevious. Hm.
And the ones that can't be resisted, like drain, are spammed.
And yet the ones that are supposed to blocked are still incredibly effective for plot devices.

Lucien A
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
Yet Windu had no qualms crushing Grevious. Hm. Windu is already notoriously close to the Dark Side for a PT Jedi. Ala Vapaad. He also did not kill Grievous with a Crush, just injured him. Using a lightsaber to de-limb someone in order to "incapacitate" is apparently fine, but using the Force to do so is not? That's PIS.

Captain REX
Windu is a Jedi Master who is in fine control of his connection to the Force. Other Jedi may not be able to passively perform such a violent action against a foe and feed their power with emotion.

But fair point on the use of a lightsaber to kill/maim.

Fire Ant
Hi guys! First post. If this is a dead thread, at least some other star wars nerd will stumble upon this at some point. smile The first thing that comes to mind is Durge.

Think Deadpool, twice the size, with a jet-pack and a ton of laser guns. He's probably killed more jedi than the Fetts or Grievous. Which is nothing to sneeze at in their case. The Fetts have strong wills, and sharp minds, that are likely difficult to attack with mind tricks, as they only work on the weak willed. Whereas Grievous synthesized their techniques and turned it to 11.

I think the jedi usually beat sith because their peace of mind allows for a stronger connection in the force. Maybe this is a bit out there, but when they duel it's like they wield destiny itself as a weapon. The force is sentient after all, and it tends to side with the ones who aren't about the destruction or domination of all life. IE that which creates the force.

The other side of the coin is that I think sith are much deadlier enemies to non-force users than jedi are, simply because it is their purpose to be deadly. They're not playing tug of war with the force like they are against their light side counter parts. They're using telekinesis to explode their enemies internal organs, frying them to death, or controlling their minds. Things Jedi aren't willing to do, but are prepared to deal with. Consequently, I can't think of a single non-force user who claims to have killed several sith, can you?

As to answering the actual question, while it's within possibility, flames are very difficult to control with TK. Jango used this technique on Mace Windu, and it was at least effective at letting him put some space between them for a minute.

The imperial heavy repeater rifle has three barrels in the shape of a triangle, which can fire all once. The theory being that even lined up properly, a light saber could only block two of them at a time.

Sonic weapons that emit a debilitating frequency, with protective gear for oneself of course, would throw most knights quite off balance, though a master might be able to will through it.

Cortosis armor, which may have been mentioned, causes light sabers to momentarily shut off when struck. There's also voduun-crab armor (sp?) which is a symbiotic organism which gives the wielder a protective light saber resistant shell.

An ysalamiri is a small mud-skipper looking alien that produces a small field around itself wherein the force does not exist. A natural protection from it's predators which sense their prey through the force. Grand Admiral Thrawn carried one for protection.

I also know the yuuzhan vong had a wide variety of organic weaponry custom fit to mess jedi up, and were naturally resistant to the force.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Fire Ant
Hi guys! First post. If this is a dead thread, at least some other star wars nerd will stumble upon this at some point. smile The first thing that comes to mind is Durge.

... I forgot all about him.

Canonically? No. However, the heroes of TOR could potentially kill many. Unsure how many are story-oriented battles against Sith, but there's at least a few.

They're also explicitly called the best of the best in their fields by the creators, so it seems to be a luxury afforded to the elite.

Good references here. I had forgotten about some of it.

Nephthys
Yeah, the TOR Smuggler kills 3 or 4 Sith iirc.

Also some Lore in TOR has people who've killed Sith. Guardsman Lassicar has personally killed a dozen Sith.

Stealth Moose
Sith in TOR have the Conservation of Ninjutsu trope going on.

Q99
Jarael from the KotoR comic beat not just a Jedi in sparing, but Alek aka the future Malak.

Because she's just that good, and combat instinct and a sense of what someone's going to do next and then after that can beat some levels of force forsight.

Fire Ant
Oh yeah, and Cad Bane gets major "Batman points". Apparently he would use old fashioned slug throwers with cortosis shots. Bullets which once blocked reflexively by a jedi's lightsaber, will short out the blade. F'in smooth.

nagasado
I think the reason gg is able to challenge FU like he does because of his sheer, kniving intelligence. A good fencer can predict the movements of his opponent without the force and if i remember correctly grevouis's abilities have been enhanced by his cyborg body and the chip in his brain.

juyomaster34
Pacifism...Jedi are too honorable...They believe in a fair fight.... Very select few, can fight without the Force
a good majority can't....The Sith,...Bane's Sith has them beat on this....
Some Jedi like Sentinels...can fight without the Force.....

Emperordmb
Originally posted by juyomaster34
Pacifism...Jedi are too honorable...They believe in a fair fight.... Very select few, can fight without the Force
a good majority can't....The Sith,...Bane's Sith has them beat on this....
Some Jedi like Sentinels...can fight without the Force.....
Agreed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.