World War Hulk vs Thanos (h2h slugfest)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skyfather
thanos can amp/charge his punches
hulk can amp his strength

no bfr

who wins?

Nihilist
thanos ftw

he nearly killed surfer in 6 punches,he took wm thor+power gem blows and only had a cut lip

hulk couldnt put sentry down after pounding on him for nearly the entire issue

janus77
Hulk ftw.
Hulk can amp indefinitely and quickly reach "infinite" levels (on-panel, Leader and Sampson both stated his strength to be "infinite" while trying to gauge his "limits"wink.

Nihilist
Originally posted by janus77
Hulk ftw.
Hulk can amp indefinitely and quickly reach "infinite" levels (on-panel, Leader and Sampson both stated his strength to be "infinite" while trying to gauge his "limits"wink.
so why didnt he beat sentry,and you yhink he'd have time to reach his peak

but he never reached anywere them levels in www hulk plus he'd be beat down by then,like strange would have done if he'd not been concerned about the little people or juggs if he wasnt bfr'd

your post is based on speculation of him reaching a lvl never before reached

guy222
wwh

Nihilist
Originally posted by guy222
wwh how guy,if he couldnt beat sentry down how does he beat thanos down?

vansonbee
Hulk

Harbinger
If Thanos can end it relatively quickly, then he wins. I believe he can, so I'm taking him.

Wei Phoenix
Hulk ftw.

Well why didn't he do that against Sentry and Juggernaut?

iceman24567
Thanos stomps

vansonbee
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Well why didn't he do that against Sentry and Juggernaut? He doesn't want to downgrade Sentry & Juggs popularity haha durno2

Enyalus
Thanos wins. I'd give him an edge in strength, and a huge edge in durablity. WWH wouldn't be able to put him down even if he got a few shots in.

Thanos also has a good grasp of martial arts skills. Not that he needs them.

beast1234
WWH is the strongest incarnation of all the hulk.

carver9
Originally posted by beast1234

Naah, I think that mindless hulk is the strongest, the one that ripped through onslaught. He was basically delivering punches that even the mighty heros of planet earth couldnt even stand up to, including thor.

Stoic
In a pure slugfest with no shields it would be very close, but WWHulk wins this. I'm thinking about the levels he could have achieved if he disconnected his mind and just let himself go... I see utter destruction of any planet they fought on, and when the dust cleared, I'm thinking Hulk would be the last man standing.

janus77
Originally posted by Nihilist
so why didnt he beat sentry,and you yhink he'd have time to reach his peak

but he never reached anywere them levels in www hulk plus he'd be beat down by then,like strange would have done if he'd not been concerned about the little people or juggs if he wasnt bfr'd

your post is based on speculation of him reaching a lvl never before reached
he did beat Sentry and he 3 punch KO'd Zom/Strange with Strange admitting that he couldn't control that much (Hulk's level) power, which was what got Zom/Strange into trouble in the first place.

did Zom/Strange do ANY lasting damage to Hulk? no.
did Zom/Strange manage to even slow down/KO/disorientate the Hulk? no.

so what did he actually do? Hulk got into a slugfest with Colossus and Thing and both hit him a few times, does that make them all equal?

Hulk throughout WWH demonstrated that he controlled and limited his power, that he was not a "monster"/killer. so of course he's not going to allow himself to reach those "limits" (infinite = no measurable limits, of course).

my post is based on the core definition of the character's powerset and the history of examples of such power being outputted by that character. Onslaught, the TimeStorm, the Nexus, the NightCrawler/Dark Dimension incident, the WorldBreaker incident, Planet Hulk's tectonic plates incident...

like the character or not, it's utter fanboyism/hate to suggest that Thanos has anywhere near the capacity for strength and power that Hulk does.

sure Thanos has a far more varied and useful powerset, Thanos has a hundred and one ways to beat Hulk but... in a slugfest he has no chance.

Philosophía
I can't wait to see janus and spidey-dude go at it in a debate.

Nihilist
he did beat Sentry and he 3 punch KO'd Zom/Strange with Strange admitting that he couldn't control that much (Hulk's level) power, which was what got Zom/Strange into trouble in the first place.

did Zom/Strange do ANY lasting damage to Hulk? no.
did Zom/Strange manage to even slow down/KO/disorientate the Hulk? no.

so what did he actually do? Hulk got into a slugfest with Colossus and Thing and both hit him a few times, does that make them all equal?

Hulk throughout WWH demonstrated that he controlled and limited his power, that he was not a "monster"/killer. so of course he's not going to allow himself to reach those "limits" (infinite = no measurable limits, of course).

my post is based on the core definition of the character's powerset and the history of examples of such power being outputted by that character. Onslaught, the TimeStorm, the Nexus, the NightCrawler/Dark Dimension incident, the WorldBreaker incident, Planet Hulk's tectonic plates incident...

like the character or not, it's utter fanboyism/hate to suggest that Thanos has anywhere near the capacity for strength and power that Hulk does.

sure Thanos has a far more varied and useful powerset, Thanos has a hundred and one ways to beat Hulk but... in a slugfest he has no chance.

thanos survived a full on punch from the magus w/incomplete ig,and you think hulk can put him down.

hulk didnt beat sentry he stalemated him,banner beat bob.
all hulk feats you mentioned(bar onslaught)are not fight/battle related,so in terms of combat they mean jack shit

hulk doesnt have the power fight wise to put down someone of thanos's durability/power,the only people he fought in ww hulk that were any where near approaching thanos lvl was sentry/juggs, who hulk couldnt put down.

Wei Phoenix
he did beat Sentry

No Bruce beat Bob.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by beast1234

What about War and Mindless Hulk? Maestro?

Bada's Palin
Theoretically Thanos could do something similar to Black Bolt's master blow, only a thousand times stronger.

quanchi112
Hulk ftw.
Hulk can amp indefinitely and quickly reach "infinite" levels (on-panel, Leader and Sampson both stated his strength to be "infinite" while trying to gauge his "limits"wink. No,he cant. Thanos has decimated the Silver Surfer in a few blows. Thanos also hung in there with power gem Thor. To suggest Hulk has a chance here is very misleading imo. Thanos for the stomp.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by quanchi112
No,he cant. Thanos has decimated the Silver Surfer in a few blows. Thanos also hung in there with power gem Thor. To suggest Hulk has a chance here is very misleading imo. Thanos for the stomp.

Since when is SS a physical powerhouse, WWH striking power could be felt in different directions am I right...so exactly what gives with giving Thanos the win?

Nihilist
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Since when is SS a physical powerhouse, WWH striking power could be felt in different directions am I right...so exactly what gives with giving Thanos the win? the fact that he couldnt even beat down the sentry after pounding on him for ages

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Since when is SS a physical powerhouse, WWH striking power could be felt in different directions am I right...so exactly what gives with giving Thanos the win? Thanos has beat down the Surfer easily with him fighting back with his power cosmic.

Here is the Surfer weakened fighting a weakened Hulk and his allies. Doesnt look too shabby. With his full power cosmic he would defeat WW Hulk if he were actually out to fight him.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/IncredibleHulk95-011.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/IncredibleHulk95-012.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/IncredibleHulk95-013.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/IncredibleHulk95-014.jpg

janus77
No,he cant. Thanos has decimated the Silver Surfer in a few blows. Thanos also hung in there with power gem Thor. To suggest Hulk has a chance here is very misleading imo. Thanos for the stomp.
umm, Surfer has been upgraded a lot since then. the Planet Hulk Surfer was more or less Annihilation era. the one that has a power signature that matches Thanos.

also, Hulk too was depowered by that planet. Hulk was shown on numerous occasions being pierced and blooded by weapons that would never affect him normally. further more, they explicitly state that Hulk is the only creature ever to survive the Sakaar wormhole without losing consciousness. something that Surfer didn't manage to do.

also, on the point of durability, Hulk has been a nexus for two universes, he can and does literally hold and emit infinite* energies.

honestly, I don't think Thanos stands a chance if he can't KO Hulk early enough.

*as far as that word has any meaning within comics.

Knowsbleed33
Thanos has beat down the Surfer easily with him fighting back with his power cosmic.

Here is the Surfer weakened fighting a weakened Hulk and his allies. Doesnt look too shabby. With his full power cosmic he would defeat WW Hulk if he were actually out to fight him.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/IncredibleHulk95-011.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/IncredibleHulk95-012.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/IncredibleHulk95-013.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/IncredibleHulk95-014.jpg

Surfer was awesome in Planet Hulk. I especially loved it when he made Korg pee his pants.

quanchi112
umm, Surfer has been upgraded a lot since then. the Planet Hulk Surfer was more or less Annihilation era. the one that has a power signature that matches Thanos.

also, Hulk too was depowered by that planet. Hulk was shown on numerous occasions being pierced and blooded by weapons that would never affect him normally. further more, they explicitly state that Hulk is the only creature ever to survive the Sakaar wormhole without losing consciousness. something that Surfer didn't manage to do.

also, on the point of durability, Hulk has been a nexus for two universes, he can and does literally hold and emit infinite* energies.

honestly, I don't think Thanos stands a chance if he can't KO Hulk early enough.

*as far as that word has any meaning within comics. Thanos has also been upgraded. He knocked the guy who gives the Surfer his power on his ass and Galactus drained himself of vital energies going through it.

The Surfer with his power cosmic would beat WW Hulk. WW Hulk drained himself against the Sentry who is no Silver Surfer in my book.

Most of what you are saying is laughabe. Thanos is on a whole other league. You see he fights characters far more powerful than the Sentry my friend.

kgkg
lots of people saying WWH FTW zorro

Badabing
Thanos has also been upgraded. He knocked the guy who gives the Surfer his power on his ass and Galactus drained himself of vital energies going through it.

The Surfer with his power cosmic would beat WW Hulk. WW Hulk drained himself against the Sentry who is no Silver Surfer in my book.

Most of what you are saying is laughabe. Thanos is on a whole other league. You see he fights characters far more powerful than the Sentry my friend. Pfft, WWH in a stomp! durhulk

guy222
WWH

quanchi112
Originally posted by kgkg
lots of people saying WWH FTW zorro Lots of ignorance me thinks.Originally posted by Badabing
Pfft, WWH in a stomp! durhulk You again. Will I ever be rid of you?

Badabing
You again. Will I ever be rid of you? laughing out loud

Dark-Jaxx
I would just like to point out that Quan is using the Surfer Planet Hulk fight in this thread in favor of Surfer, which would be extension be in favor of Surfer, but like a month ago he denied said fight when he was arguing against Surfer's physical abilities when he was arguing for a character Surfer was against in said thread.

Just like pointing out double standards.

But yeah, I believe Thanos does win.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I would just like to point out that Quan is using the Surfer Planet Hulk fight in this thread in favor of Surfer, which would be extension be in favor of Surfer, but like a month ago he denied said fight when he was arguing against Surfer's physical abilities when he was arguing for a character Surfer was against in said thread.

Just like pointing out double standards.

But yeah, I believe Thanos does win. I pointed out that the Surfer was weakened and showed off how badass he is without his full pc. That being said I think Hulk would have taken him if they were both fighting to the death. Hulk smashing is his bread and butter while the Surfer's is his pc which makes him more powerful and versatile than the Hulk.

No doublestandard, just my opinion.

Markus Corvinus
WWH stomps all over Thanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
WWH stomps all over Thanos. Based on what?

Knowsbleed33
I don't get how people can say WWH is the strongest yet? War Hulk did to Juggernaut what WWH couldn't.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
I don't get how people can say WWH is the strongest yet? War Hulk did to Juggernaut what WWH couldn't. Dindt read the arc,but didnt Apoc actually add something to the Hulk. So,technically on his own WW Hulk is the strongest if what I think is true. Im going off memory, so I could be wrong.

Knowsbleed33
He gave him Celestial armor and a weapon. Marvel states his strength was amped in some way, I'm not sure how you can amp Hulks strength.

Nihilist
Originally posted by kgkg
lots of people saying WWH FTW zorro yet no ones given a great argument as to how hulk wins erm

quanchi112
yet no ones given a great argument as to how hulk wins erm Exactly.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Some of these Hulk argument are amusing. They always fall to the he has unlimited strength and durability. So, he'll just get so angry and reach levels nobody has ever seen before and then kill thanos. Only problem is that plenty of people have KO'd him long before he ever reaches those levels. So, this whole unlimited this and that is just crap. Yes he has a better shot in a strickly hand to hand match indeed and maybe he takes one or two but imo Thanos KO's long before he becomes a threat.

Xplosive
WWH

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Xplosive
WWH

the ninjak
Stalemate.........again.

How many times is this thread gonna be done?

iceman24567
Thanos beats Hulk into green puddy

carver9
Hulk 8 or 9/10

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos with ease..

carver9
Why do you think it would be easy kurupt and why are you giving thanos the edge in a fist fight with hulk? Are you basing this off of the thanos/surfer fight?

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk 8 or 9/10 Preach Carver, preach! g_hulk

KuRuPT Thanosi

FanBoy101
Originally posted by the ninjak
Stalemate.........again. its far from a stale mate, Thanos will handle hulk just like evert other physicaly superior oponent have in the past...

short list

Original Abomination
Maestro Hulk
Juggernaut
asguardian destroyer
Apoclypse
RedHulk

Thanos will brake his neck..... smokin'

carver9

FanBoy101
I can't picture thanos taking trillion tons punches to the head numerous of time and not just regular trillion tons, 100's of trillions of tons and hulk would still be amping within the second. your outright lack of knowledge on Thanos makes me sick.. sick

carver9
Originally posted by FanBoy101
your outright lack of knowledge on Thanos makes me sick.. sick

If I made a mistake on something please help a brother out. I can't remember thanos facing anyone that punched him with that type of force. Who did that to him?

FanBoy101
If I made a mistake on something please help a brother out. I can't remember thanos facing anyone that punched him with that type of force. Who did that to him? Carver you borderlining on Fanboyism buddy... erm

energy Blasts>>Punches specialy coming from skyfather level guys like Odin and Tyrant... wink

carver9
Originally posted by FanBoy101
Carver you borderlining on Fanboyism buddy... erm

energy Blasts>>Punches specialy coming from skyfather level guys like Odin and Tyrant... wink

Huh? Its different buddy. Blunt force trama is different than tanking energy blast. I can prove this on numerous of occasions that it is COMPLETELY different.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Good post but all in all, that was classic surfer thanos pounded on. I don't believe that thanos could do that to current surfer at all, the character has changed significantly.

Thanos is a beast, I am not denying that. If it was anybody else that he was fighting physically, I would give him the majority but he isn't physically taking the hulk out. As for your "if they are able to use all of their powers" I agree, thanos would win everytime but he would have to fight for every one of his victories.

As for the Sentry fight, think about it, if sentry truly depowered hulk, he wouldn't have went wb mode. After the sentry fight he showed that he could have accessed the hulks power, his eyes turned green. It was pretty obvious what the writer was implying. If someone is depowered, they lose complete access of their power until it is restored "given time". Hulk went wb mode seconds after the fight.

As for how the fight would start of vs current hulks base strength. You do know that hulk reached trillion ton level almost instantly? There is no such thing as base strength with hulk and I feel pretty safe to say that I can't picture thanos taking trillion tons punches to the head numerous of time and not just regular trillion tons, 100's of trillions of tons and hulk would still be amping within the second.

A few things Carver...

1. I do get what you're saying... This is Hulk's specialty and this is the most powerful incarnation of the hulk.. thus he should win... barring a really lopsided match. I get that.. Problem is, Thanos is one of those people a little out of his league imo

2. There is ZERO indication that Surfer is A)more powerful and B) would do any better. While it's nice to speculate on what would happen, the fact is, we have no proof a thing would be different

3. You never mentioned Thanos against his Doppleganger.. you see Thanos already OVERPOWERED Prof. Hulk and The Thing at the same time WITH EASE. Now, obvioulsy Prof Hulk isn't at the level of WWH. I agree. However, he still has impressive strength feats under his belt as does the Thing. Now if Thanos EASILY overpowered and mocked their strength.. What does that tell us... Thanos is A LOT stronger than most any version of the Hulk. So... we could then say.. since WWH is the strongest he just might be on Thanos level now.. However, Thanos took punches from a being MORE powerful than himself.. his own dopple.. took multiple shots from him and never was close to being put down. See where I'm going with this?

4. The Sentry fight I thought was CLEAR as day.. The Sentry (holding back mind you) made WWH burn out.. However, the reason he amped back up again was because he found out something EVEN worse than what he was originally made about to begin with. That is the clear and obvious answer. Nobody EVER claimed ALL the GAMMA LEFT HULK FOREVER. That is ludicris and nobody (that I have seen has ever said that) So if all the Gamma was still there.. but had burnt out.. we know hulk anger fuels and turns on the beast.. then it's quite simple to surmise that this was the reason Hulk reached WBH levels. The point still stands though... a holding back Sentry made WWH burn out.. Thanos is more powerful than Sentry so he would do the same and easier.

5. The trillion ton punches thing is ludicris.. We saw WWH hulk punch NUMEROUS people and not one took any serious lasting damage or was close to death from not just one but multiple punches. Save me the hyperbole Carver. We saw Hulk punches people FAR INFERIOR to Thanos durability and not get killed or even seriously hurt. Yet I'm supposed to believe because another hulk lifted a trillion tons he can punch that hard.. yet every single person Hulk has hit has lived with no lasting injuries? Doesn't that seem off to you? That would be like me saying... Since Thanos pretty much match the In-Betweener's blast (Abstract mind you) That I've never seen Hulk take a shot like that, thus he would be down in one shot? Does that make sense?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Huh? Its different buddy. Blunt force trama is different than tanking energy blast. I can prove this on numerous of occasions that it is COMPLETELY different.

Lets say you're right for a second.. can you prove Thanos is anymore vulnerable to Blunt force than Energy?

FanBoy101
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Lets say you're right for a second.. can you prove Thanos is anymore vulnerable to Blunt force than Energy? He is not and he can't.... mad

carver9
A few things Carver...

1. I do get what you're saying... This is Hulk's specialty and this is the most powerful incarnation of the hulk.. thus he should win... barring a really lopsided match. I get that.. Problem is, Thanos is one of those people a little out of his league imo

2. There is ZERO indication that Surfer is A)more powerful and B) would do any better. While it's nice to speculate on what would happen, the fact is, we have no proof a thing would be different

3. You never mentioned Thanos against his Doppleganger.. you see Thanos already OVERPOWERED Prof. Hulk and The Thing at the same time WITH EASE. Now, obvioulsy Prof Hulk isn't at the level of WWH. I agree. However, he still has impressive strength feats under his belt as does the Thing. Now if Thanos EASILY overpowered and mocked their strength.. What does that tell us... Thanos is A LOT stronger than most any version of the Hulk. So... we could then say.. since WWH is the strongest he just might be on Thanos level now.. However, Thanos took punches from a being MORE powerful than himself.. his own dopple.. took multiple shots from him and never was close to being put down. See where I'm going with this?

4. The Sentry fight I thought was CLEAR as day.. The Sentry (holding back mind you) made WWH burn out.. However, the reason he amped back up again was because he found out something EVEN worse than what he was originally made about to begin with. That is the clear and obvious answer. Nobody EVER claimed ALL the GAMMA LEFT HULK FOREVER. That is ludicris and nobody (that I have seen has ever said that) So if all the Gamma was still there.. but had burnt out.. we know hulk anger fuels and turns on the beast.. then it's quite simple to surmise that this was the reason Hulk reached WBH levels. The point still stands though... a holding back Sentry made WWH burn out.. Thanos is more powerful than Sentry so he would do the same and easier.

5. The trillion ton punches thing is ludicris.. We saw WWH hulk punch NUMEROUS people and not one took any serious lasting damage or was close to death from not just one but multiple punches. Save me the hyperbole Carver. We saw Hulk punches people FAR INFERIOR to Thanos durability and not get killed or even seriously hurt. Yet I'm supposed to believe because another hulk lifted a trillion tons he can punch that hard.. yet every single person Hulk has hit has lived with no lasting injuries? Doesn't that seem off to you? That would be like me saying... Since Thanos pretty much match the In-Betweener's blast (Abstract mind you) That I've never seen Hulk take a shot like that, thus he would be down in one shot? Does that make sense?

I agree, thanos is out of hulk league when ALL powers are available. In this match he is restricted to h2h.

As for the surfer comment, didn't thanos flee during annihilation due to surfers power output that was creating black holes? Surfer is on a different level imo.

Everyone has taken punches from beings more powerful than them...it was a good showing for thanos but it was nothing more than that and it sure as hell doesn't prove that he can beat hulk in a physical match.

Why bring up professor hulk when he is the weakest of the hulks? Its impressive that he took on thing and professor hulk but that isn't anything comparable to what wwh went through during his arc "while holding back".

What makes you believe that sentry was holding back? If anything, hulk was holding back... he was the one trying to reason with sentry and was asking sentry to stop fighting in the beginning and was letting him blitz him through buildings.

By the way, I still don't get the sentry comment... about him depowering hulk. How can you depower someone and them going super saiyan a couple of panels later, doesn't make sense to me.

Ok, you last post, I'm not getting. Even though hulk is a trillion tonner at his base, why would he use that strength against someone when he is a hero? Hulk holds back just like supes holds back or any other hero. He isn't a killer like thanos. He had plenty of opportunities to kill. He could have killed zom strange, extremis ironman, even herc said tha hulk was holding back against him. He could have killed thing, the fantastic four, skaar, the xmen, etc, etc...

carver9
Lets say you're right for a second.. can you prove Thanos is anymore vulnerable to Blunt force than Energy?

Yes, the thor pg fight is proof for me. thanos rarely if ever gets into fist brawls against his peeps, he tends to shoot and blast a lot.

Nihilist
Thanos wins his breif scuffle with pg Thor and long fight with the doppleganger shows he puts Hulk down, it's not like Hulk has the power to punch Thanos down( even if he stood there a gave him 6 free shots aswell)

carver9
Thanos wins his breif scuffle with pg Thor and long fight with the doppleganger shows he puts Hulk down, it's not like Hulk has the power to punch Thanos down( even if he stood there a gave him 6 free shots aswell)

No... just no. Let kurupt handle this. Don't interrupt our debate.

Nihilist
No... just no. Let kurupt handle this. Don't interrupt our debate. I didnt quote you so i aint interrupting your debate and everything i said is fact, WWH doesnt have the showing to put Thanos down.

KuRuPT Thanosi

iceman24567
Yes, the thor pg fight is proof for me. thanos rarely if ever gets into fist brawls against his peeps, he tends to shoot and blast a lot. LOL you haven't see the many Thanos one shot pimp hand scans? or how he regularly amp punches the shit out of people? I don't know what to say the guy does both i actually think he does more punching since his blasts are so powerful any herald or below couldn't tank to many of them before turning into dust and the comic would be pretty short erm

Badabing
Guys, Carver is 100% correct. Stop trolling him. Thanks. g_hulk

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Badabing
Guys, Carver is 100% correct. Stop trolling him. Thanks. g_hulk

I'm still waiting for your hero to respond confused

celeyhyga17
Thanos is on another level.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Badabing
Guys, Carver is 100% correct. Stop trolling him. Thanks. g_hulk Velociraptorman go steal some some chicken eggs or something superm

Badabing
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Thanos is on another level. Yes, a level waaaaaay below Hulk! durhulkOriginally posted by iceman24567
Velociraptorman go steal some some chicken eggs or something superm The name's Bada-Raptor. sneer

Black bolt z
Thanos wins his breif scuffle with pg Thor Ummm...no he didn't.

KuRuPT Thanosi
he didn't... please provide proof then.. because the artistic depiction and narration was 100% clear who won.

Black bolt z
he didn't... please provide proof then.. because the artistic depiction and narration was 100% clear who won. No one won that fight...neither really took either damage and both were liking it. Thanos only won due to tech that he doesn't have.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Ummm...no he didn't. Cant you read ?, if you didnt cut short my quote you would undrstand i said Thanos wins(as in this matchup) due to his scuffle with PG Thor and fight with the Doppleganger as part of my proof.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Oooo carver.....

Colossus-Big C
Hulk wins, just like beyonder said he strength has omnipotent potential he can get stronger than anyone

KuRuPT Thanosi
Okay.... yet he has been KO'd by FAR FAR less than what Thanos can bring. Hyperbolic statement aren't > than on panel showings

Nihilist
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Hulk wins, just like beyonder said he strength has omnipotent potential he can get stronger than anyone facepalm showings>>>>statements by a retconned character.

carver9

KuRuPT Thanosi

KuRuPT Thanosi
exactly as i thought u conceded long ago.. no response

SuperiorTech
Pak talked about the Sentry and Hulk fight in detail here

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=136412

dmills
I love when writers give in depth interviews like that. Awesome.

MeanFleas
lol, just registered for this site purely to comment on this forum (yes, I'm aware it's over a year old) KuRuPT Thanosi: ur more or less right imo (hate to say it, cause Hulk's my favorite character, but I'm just being objective here) Unless Hulk STARTS at WBH levels, he's unlikly to win, because Thanos will just put everything he's got into the first few punches and KO the hulk, reverting him to Banner, and making him an easy kill. I think if he started at WBH levels, Hulk would win (I vaguely remember reading a what if comic saying that at that point WBH was as powerful as the Silver Surfer, who could at least prevent a quick finish.) If Thanos doesn't get a quick finish, I don't think he's gonna win. I agree, WWH did seem to depict him burning out temporarily toward the end of his fight with Sentry, BUT IMO that was the ONE problem with the the way the Hulk was depicted in the WWH comic. Hulk, by description of his powers, SHOULDN'T EVER run out of steam. In fact the opposite should happen, he should either stay the same do to having nothing to get angry about, or get stronger, due to the reverse. And keep in mind, his strength isn't the only thing that improves as is anger increases. His healing factor (which is already faster than wolverines) becomes even faster. But as I said: If Hulk is starting as his WWH levels, he just doesn't QUITE have the durability to BLUNT FORCE to withstand a series of full force pushes from Thanos without at least getting KOed. Thanos, being the genius strategist he is, wouldn't hold his punches at the start of the fight against an opponent who goes stronger each moment the fight progresses.

Anyway, I'm done, just wanna say thanks to Carver9 for being the most objective one here, and the only one to give any intelligent reasons why my favorite character would win (the correctness of his stance being another matter entirely)

Inedian
WWH crushes him.

carver9
Badly

Inedian
Indeed.

carver9
@Kurupt...

So you're telling me that if someone is depleted of their power, they can become far more powerful seconds later. Think about this. It's not a hard question.

Insane Titan
Hulk gets punched to death.

zom1967
I actually rate this version of Hulk under Kurse and Mangog.Thanos takes him with minimal problems.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by zom1967
I actually rate this version of Hulk under Kurse and Mangog.Thanos takes him with minimal problems.

Hey Zom, has your comic collection increased since you left?

zom1967
Yes,it went from 4,000 to 4,000.5 I added a comic section from a sunday paper smart ass!

carver9

Thanos fought Kurse and Mangog (by the way, Hulk would kill Kurse)?

One_Angry_Scot
Yes,it went from 4,000 to 4,000.5 I added a comic section from a sunday paper smart ass!

I was just asking a polite question, before you left you always used to talk about collecting comics and stuff.

No need to insult me.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I was just asking a polite question, before you left you always used to talk about collecting comics and stuff.

No need to insult me.

Zom has all the need and we're his humble servants.

Glad to see you're back, Master Zom. This forum is yours.

h1a8
WWH
Healing and a little stronger

Thanos
Better skill

I go with WWH, buts it's a good fight.

zom1967
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Zom has all the need and we're his humble servants.

Glad to see you're back, Master Zom. This forum is yours. Thank you StiltmanFTW,I gladly accept that mantle and will use my vast power as I please.OneAngryscot,I thought you where being sarcastic.

Genii96
Thanos smacks him aside

Delta1938
Bump.

This was written by Pak. Someone who outright said it would take someone on Galactus level to beat WWH. No telling what he thought it would take to take out World Breaker.

TethAdamTheRock

he nearly killed surfer in 6 punches

So can Hulk

TethAdamTheRock
Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.