Who is your favorite SW character?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



skywalker833
Who is ur fav. SW character?

Mine are Obi-Wan, Han Solo, and Darth Bane.

Red Nemesis
Han Solo, Yoda (OT) and Plo-Koon. Just 'cause.

Gideon
1. Admiral Gilad Pellaeon
2. General Turr Phennir
3. General Grievous
4. Emperor Palpatine
5. Mara Jade Skywalker

BruceSkywalker
Darth Maul

Mace Windu

Luke Skywalker

Ben Skywalker


Cade Skywalker

Darth Krayt

Enyalus
1. Shedao Shai.
2. Darth Bane.
3. Yoda.
4. Gilad Pellaeon.
5. Darth Nihilus.


...Might have to rethink/revise the list.

Gideon
You ****ing piece of shit. I ****ing hate you. I hope you ****ing suck a turkey.

GILAD PELLAEON AT NUMBER THREE?! UNDER DARTH BANE?! I HATE YOU!!!!

*goes into emo phase*


Edit: Shit. Number FOUR?!

*goes into Super Emo phase*

BOOG
OOOOOO SHIT YOU ALREADY KNOW

1.SK BITCHES aka galen for you fagget sidious lover hahahaha
2.MACE mutha****in Windu
3.YODA
4.Darth Maul
5.Darth Bane
6.Darth Nihilus

my list owns gideons

Gideon
Booger, your list most certainly does not own mine.

Dark-Jaxx
1. Darth Nihilus, though I admit it is mostly from fanboy [email protected]

2. Mace Windu

3. Darth Sidious

4. General Grievous

5. Random Ewok #3

Gideon
Jesus Christ, General Grievous and Sidious are above Darth Nihilus, by miles.

Since my list is clearly perfect, can we lock this thread?

Icy Ninja
1.Darth Vader
2.Obi Wan
3.Darth Maul
4.Darth Revan (due to being a fanboy)
5.Tie between Yoda and General Grievous(as long as it's not ROTS movie version)

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Gideon
Jesus Christ, General Grievous and Sidious are above Darth Nihilus, by miles.

Since my list is clearly perfect, can we lock this thread? Your mother's legs are above her head by miles. 131

Rampant ox
1. Count Dooku
2. Grand Moff Tarkin

truejedi
1. luke skywalker
2. Kenobi
3. Yoda
4. Thrawn
5. Kyle Katarn

mebbe i forgot somebody.. spent about 30 seconds on this post.

Lucien A
Eww, Luke?

1. Palpatine.
2. Obi-Wan.
3. Vader.
4. Thrawn.
5. Tarkin.

Autokrat
1. Thrawn
2. Dooku
3. Obi-wan

truejedi
eh, i like the way he >>>> than all. i don't really like sith at all. Their attitudes almost always come across as whiny and spoiled to me, so i like seeing them get served, and luke does that better than anybody.

Allankles
Vader
Yoda
RC 1138 - Boss, Delta Squad
Obi Wan
Kreia
The rest suck.
But seriously after these guys.
Jacen Solo (Traitor pre Sith)
Dass Jennir
Grand Admiral Palleon
Nom Anor
Luke Skywalker (before he became a Gary Stu, pre New Jedi Order, the first 10 years after ROTJ)

Ultimate Vader
Nobody like Vader anymore... Well, time has changed. Now there are many characters cooler than Vader. Grievous, Windu, and Revan for examples.

SIDIOUS 66
1) Darth Sidious/Yoda

The rest are ties between Mace, Nihilus, Krayt, Mara Jade, Darth Vader(when he is in his suit).

As for Sidious and Yoda being number one, its not an opinion it is a fact. They can kick anyone's ass.

Fan Skywalker
Ben Skywalker

Luke Skywalker

Vader/Anakin Skywalker

Cade Skywalker

Qui gon Jinn

BOOG
Any list with Sidious at number one blows...

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by BOOG
Any list with Sidious at number one blows...

Anyone with a name short for Booger blows.

Enyalus
Anyone who uses the word 'blows' makes me horny.

Fan Skywalker
Originally posted by Ultimate Vader
Nobody like Vader anymore... Well, time has changed. Now there are many characters cooler than Vader. Grievous, Windu, and Revan for examples.

I like Vader, and i dont think anyone of those characters is even remotely close to Vader's "coolness" especially Revan.

Ultimate Vader
Originally posted by Fan Skywalker
I like Vader, and i dont think anyone of those characters is even remotely close to Vader's "coolness" especially Revan.

It seems some people still like Vader, although very few.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Enyalus
Anyone who uses the word 'blows' makes me horny.

Lol'd

Srsly

Ultimate Vader
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Lol'd

Srsly

I don't understand.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Allankles

Luke Skywalker (before he became a Gary Stu, pre New Jedi Order, the first 10 years after ROTJ)

ditto big time.

IMHO, the NJO is like a badly written fanfic. well, sort of... erm

anyway, Luke as stated above, Han Solo, Leia, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon...

Darth Vader and Sidious, and Thrawn... - just because I like good villains.

BOOG
Nicely done Enyalus.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by skywalker833
Who is ur fav. SW character?

Mine are Obi-Wan, Han Solo, and Darth Bane.

THEY AREN'T CHARACTERS! THEY ARE REAL!

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Ultimate Vader
I don't understand.

Lol'd = Laughed out Loud

Srsly = Seriously

I was ironically suspending my insistence upon proper English in praise of his humorous statement.

Vorpal Ruin
Lets see, not in any particular order;
Corran Horn
Gilad Palleaon
Kyp Durron
Wedge Antillies
Mace Windu
Anakin Solo
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Almost forgot R2-D2!

skywalker833
My favorite star wars species is jawas.

Ultimate Vader
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Lol'd = Laughed out Loud

Srsly = Seriously

I was ironically suspending my insistence upon proper English in praise of his humorous statement.

Thank you for the explanation smile

Darth Storm
revan kick al ass

rabidd909
1. Revan
2. Luke
3. Yoda
4. Mace Windu
5. Boba Fett

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Gideon
Jesus Christ, General Grievous and Sidious are above Darth Nihilus, by miles.

Since my list is clearly perfect, can we lock this thread? lol mate this is about your favorites not the best >.>

Lucien A
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
lol mate this is about your favorites not the best >.> In Gideon's mind, that's toMAYto--toMAHto.

By the by. Obi-Wan #1.

Cpt. Valerian
toMAYto sounds so gay.

EDIT - Obi-Wan is my 2nd favourite character in the SW mythos. I don't know about the first.

Lucien A
No no, you're thinking of toGAYto.

Slash_KMC
1) Luke Skywalker
2) Yoda
3) Revan
4) R2 D2 ?
5) Any female jedi (for obvious reasons)

truejedi
not so obvious? you all about seba?

Autokrat
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
1) Luke Skywalker
2) Yoda
3) Revan
4) R2 D2 ?
5) Any female jedi (for obvious reasons)

Obvious reasons? What? You think all female Jedi are attractive? Or are you referring to their force aided agility concerning certain uh pleasantries?

Lucien A
Like chimney sweeping.

Autokrat
Originally posted by Lucien A
Like chimney sweeping.

Of course, chimney sweeping.

Slash_KMC
Exactly, just imagine the possiblities.



I'm just gonna ignore that if you don't mind.

Lucien A
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
I'm just gonna ignore that if you don't mind. Due to your own twisted interpretation no doubt.

Slash_KMC
No ofcourse not confused

It's because of my hate of Mary Poppins.

BruceSkywalker
Another fave is Lucien Draay

Allankles
Originally posted by Ultimate Vader
Nobody like Vader anymore... Well, time has changed. Now there are many characters cooler than Vader. Grievous, Windu, and Revan for examples.

Plenty people like Vader they just don't post in this forum. Vader has a coolness factor above every star wars villain, not even the likes of Nom Anor, Sidious and Kreia can touch him in the coolness department.

Gideon
Gilad Pellaeon and Turr Phennir are much cooler than Vader. Period.

xxxpoppunker182
1. Revan
2. Luke
3. Vader
4.Obi-wan
5. either canderous, Boba before LOTF, Thrawn, or null-ordo

Lucien A
Originally posted by Gideon
Gilad Pellaeon and Turr Phennir are much cooler than Vader. Period. They're awesome-O, but Vader is an evil villain. In terms of sheer cool-villainry, Vader's got everyone beat. Tarkin second.

I-Drop
1.Boba Fett 2.Salicious Crumb 3.Mace Windu 4.The Storm Trooper leader from the clone wars cartoon(not CGI) who used hand signals instead of talking. 5.General. G.
6.Han Solo. 7.Admiril Akbar

truejedi
Originally posted by Lucien A
They're awesome-O, but Vader is an evil villain. In terms of sheer cool-villainry, Vader's got everyone beat. Tarkin second.

sidious was more evil than vader. Even in the OT.

Lucien A
Originally posted by truejedi
sidious was more evil than vader. Even in the OT. No doubt, but he wasn't cool. Horrendously evil, but not awesome-evil.

Ultimate Vader
The charisma of evil, right?

Allankles
Originally posted by Gideon
Gilad Pellaeon and Turr Phennir are much cooler than Vader. Period.

Pallaeon is cool but not in the ass kicking department. Cool character and leader and he is not a villain not even back when he was Thrawn's understudy.

Thrawn wasn't that cool btw (smart but not really cool a bit too gary stuish in his methods). just a btw

And Phennir's cool factor cannot compare to the primal coolness that oozes out of Vader. cool

Allankles
Originally posted by Lucien A
They're awesome-O, but Vader is an evil villain. In terms of sheer cool-villainry, Vader's got everyone beat. Tarkin second.

thumb up

Ultimate Vader
Bravo.

Darth Truculent
1. Darth Revan

2. Luke Skywalker

3. Anakin Solo

4. Kyp Durron

5. Han Solo

Lethal Rogue
My top five are Luke, Darth Nihilus, Galen Marek, Obi1, and Darth Bane

teck92
hmmmmm

Revan
Han Solo
Canderous Ordo
Anakin (before he was vader )
Visas

Lord Lucien
Anakin, seriously?

teck92
he was awesome =p in my opnion

Lethal Rogue
He was ok. I didn't like him much because he was so arrogant.

Lord Lucien
I didn't mind the arrogance, it was part of his awesomeness. The love-struck Anakin I could have done without though.

chilled monkey
My favourites-

1. Galen Marek.

2. Maris Brood.

3. Mara Jade.

4. Boba Fett (before the PT came out.)

5. Scout.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I didn't mind the arrogance, it was part of his awesomeness. The love-struck Anakin I could have done without though.

Personally I don't see anything 'awesome' about arrogance.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Personally I don't see anything 'awesome' about arrogance. Okay think real life, then think science-fiction. One supports being badass/arrogant/evil etc. and one doesn't.

Lethal Rogue
Originally posted by chilled monkey
My favourites-

1. Galen Marek.

2. Maris Brood.

3. Mara Jade.

4. Boba Fett (before the PT came out.)

5. Scout.
Maris Brood?

Gideon
I officially detest the people who put Revan anywhere on their list. They'll be going on ignore.

Final Blaxican
lulz.

My favorites are probably Mara and Obi-Wan.

Faunus
1) Darth Revan
2) Darth Bane
3) Darth Talon
4) Darth Sion
5) Darth Dooku

Gideon
Mara's the shit. Obi-Wan isn't.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Gideon
I officially detest the people who put Revan anywhere on their list. They'll be going on ignore.

Originally posted by Faunus
1) Darth Revan
2) Darth Bane
3) Darth Talon
4) Darth Sion
5) Darth Dooku

no expression

Edit: In no particular order:

Grievous
Kar Vastor
Galen Marek
Caedus
Thrawn
Nom Anor
Exar Kun
and a couple others I guess.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Gideon
Mara's the shit. Obi-Wan isn't.

He's way better than Palleon and Journey.

rabidd909
Originally posted by Gideon
I officially detest the people who put Revan anywhere on their list. They'll be going on ignore.

why? revan is the best.

Lethal Rogue
Because Gideon doesn't like Revan.

rabidd909
Originally posted by Lethal Rogue
Because Gideon doesn't like Revan.

cool I know.

Gideon
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
He's way better than Palleon and Journey.

He might be better than Palleon. But he's not better than Pellaeon. And when Obi-Wan Kenobi sings like Steve Perry or becomes a god of rock like Neal Schon, we'll talk.

As it stands, Journey would kick his ass. Hell, they'd kick Pellaeon's ass too.



No, he's not. Look, I'm going to try to make this as simple as I possibly can.

Darth Revan is not a character. He's not. He is largely unexplored and a total enigma; unlike other enigmas, such as Yoda and Palpatine, he doesn't have any dialogue, canon decisions, or flaws, things that make him human.

This is literally what we know about Darth Revan: he is a powerful former Jedi who fell to the dark side of the Force for a bullshit reason, attempted to conquer the galaxy, was betrayed, suffered amnesia, and was manipulated into becoming a weapon against his former apprentice. Somewhere along the way, he won, and fell in love, and went off in search of some bullshit "True Sith."

Is he the best? No he's not. And here's why: he failed.

Palpatine conquered the galaxy -- manipulated the people into giving him its leadership, even though due to political affiliations and pawns he was its de facto leader for decades prior -- and ruled it as sole dictator for twenty years. He destroyed the Jedi Order in pretty much one day, disbanded the Republic, and replaced it with an Empire far larger and far more powerful than Revan's.

That's success.

Better yet, when Palpatine was killed at Endor, he came back in Dark Empire to conquer the galaxy by force despite fighting against the New Republic which "militarily held the upper hand" in less than a year.

That's success.

Hell, Krayt has done more than Revan. So when you say Revan is the best, I'm going to laugh and hit you in the face with canon facts.

So even if we ignore achievement, Revan's a total unknown character. We don't know how he acted, behaved, or conducted himself. We have nothing to gauge his interactions with other characters or, in short, we have nothing that defines his humanity and existence to us on an understandable level.

At best? He was a powerful Jedi-turned-Sith who was ultimately a complete failure.

Hell, you might as well say Darth Plagueis is your favorite character.

Lethal Rogue
Wow, that was nice... lol

Gideon
It was also completely factual.

Lethal Rogue
Yeah, but saying that someone shouldn't like a certain character is just wrong. If you don't like Revan, fine, but let people have their own opinions.

Gideon
Originally posted by Lethal Rogue
Yeah, but saying that someone shouldn't like a certain character is just wrong. If you don't like Revan, fine, but let people have their own opinions.

They're welcome to their opinions.

But I guess I'm old school when it comes to opinions: I like justification for them.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Gideon
He might be better than Palleon. But he's not better than Pellaeon. And when Obi-Wan Kenobi sings like Steve Perry or becomes a god of rock like Neal Schon, we'll talk.


Nah, he's way better than both of them, though I guess in Journey's case that's not saying much.I mean, Soulja Boy's better than Journey. I wipe my ass with a copy of Generations, since I feel it's worth less then toilet paper.

Gideon
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Nah, he's way better than both of them, though I guess in Journey's case that's not saying much. Soulja Boy's better than Journey.

You're a disgrace to your race, sir.

Lethal Rogue
Originally posted by Gideon
They're welcome to their opinions.

But I guess I'm old school when it comes to opinions: I like justification for them.
I'm fine with that, but you got a little carried away.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Gideon
You're a disgrace to your race, sir.

Did you know that the reason why Steve Perry's vocie is like that is because he has a jesus shaped rubber penis nestled inear his colon at all times?

Gideon
Originally posted by Lethal Rogue
I'm fine with that, but you got a little carried away.

No, I really didn't.

This forum has been crawling with Revan fanboys for years. People are entitled to their opinions; but we like justification for opinions around here.


Edit: Blaxican, that was just outright rude. Maybe KMC needs to re-evaluate the validity of the Jim Crow laws.

Final Blaxican
Raz is my puppet, I have nothing to fear. As long as I grant him acess to your mother I'm safe. 313

Lethal Rogue
Originally posted by Gideon
No, I really didn't.
*sigh*

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Gideon
I officially detest the people who put Revan anywhere on their list. They'll be going on ignore.
I came to this order after much serious deliberation. I assure you that much thought went into each and every ranking.

My list:

1. Darth Revan
2. Darth Revan
3. Darth Revan
4. Darth Revan
5. Darth Revan

Edit:
6. Darth Plagueis

Slash_KMC
Do you really need to push Gideon to another anti-Revan rant ?

Lord Lucien
Yeah.

DorianYates
Hell yes.

BTW gideon was it mentioned that exar and plagueis were one of the more powerful dark lords in the sith order? I think you mentioned it somewhere here...

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by DorianYates
Hell yes.

BTW gideon was it mentioned that exar and plagueis were one of the more powerful dark lords in the sith order? I think you mentioned it somewhere here...

Yeah, let's start getting the info from that fancy encyclopedia of yours.

Gideon
It's at my father's and I won't be back there until Sunday night. But, yeah, Exar Kun and Plagueis are mentioned as two of the most powerful Dark Lords of the Sith.

Lethal Rogue
because they are...

Faunus
Originally posted by Gideon
It's at my father's and I won't be back there until Sunday night. But, yeah, Exar Kun and Plagueis are mentioned as two of the most powerful Dark Lords of the Sith. HAHA Gideon's family sucks.

Gideon
Not nearly as hard or as long as your mother.

Darth Sexy
Kinda funny considering I had a "sexy" sandwich with both of your mothers.

Faunus
No.

chilled monkey
Now now children, play nice.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Lethal Rogue
Maris Brood?

She's Shaak Ti's Padawan in "The Force Unleashed."

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Okay think real life, then think science-fiction. One supports being badass/arrogant/evil etc. and one doesn't.

I still don't see how arrogance is in any way laudable.

Lethal Rogue
Oops, my former list only had force-users. Here are my other favorites that don't use the force:
Boba Fett
Han Solo
Dash Rendar
Grievous

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by chilled monkey
I still don't see how arrogance is in any way laudable. Because Star Wars isn't real. Worse than admiring arrogance is admiring Vader "the badass", a mass murderer and a brute, yet people still do it because it's fiction. Sheesh.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Because Star Wars isn't real. Worse than admiring arrogance is admiring Vader "the badass", a mass murderer and a brute, yet people still do it because it's fiction. Sheesh.

Yes, but people don't admire Vader BECAUSE he's a mass murderer and a brute. They admire him for other reasons, despite those things.

That's different to admiring someone specifically because they're arrogant.

Another example; some people 'admire' Freddy Krueger, a fictional character who is a child molester/murderer. Do they admire him because he molests and kills children? No, it's for other reasons.

Elite Hunter
I'm with Lucien,I actually like characters that display arrogance as a dominant trait.

Lethal Rogue
Yes, arrogance is cool, but there still is something about Anakin I don't like.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I'm with Lucien,I actually like characters that display arrogance as a dominant trait. Danke.

But yeah, arrogance, especially in the sci-fi genre fits a character like Anakin. It's a lovely improvement to his love-struck, wit-as-sharp-as-wood, family-troubled self. I emphasize again it being fiction as I can't stand arrogance in real life, especially when it's undeserved. But Vader's badassness, Lecter's psychosis, or Morpheus' cryptic is all so cool in film and fiction, but would piss the hell out of people in the real world. Arrogant Anakin=cool Anakin. Arrogant George Lucas=abysmal CGI film.

Slash_KMC
abysmal ... wasn't that the dorky bad guy in the second Aladdin movie ?

Lord Lucien
His name was a pun on the word, yes. Abys-mal, or something.

Slash_KMC
God that was a good Disney movie. *Nostalgic*

harri
1. Obi Wan Kenobi
2. Darth Maul
3. Boba Fett
4. Darth Vader
5. Cade Skywalker

Samurai100
1.Boba Fett
2.Darth Maul
3.Darth Revan

truejedi
Luke Skywalker

mattatom
Originally posted by truejedi
Luke SkywalkerRevanBandon Fixed.

truejedi
thank you.

Elok Quintly
Darth Sidious/Palpatine. I admire him for his brilliance, power, narcissism, callous disregard for anyone aside from himself, and unparalleled record of mass murder and ruined lives purely for self-aggrandizement and grandiose designs of apotheosis.

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia labels him as "evil incarnate" for a reason, and I relish it.

Nephthys
Your a politician I take it.

Lord Lucien
Ba-zing.

Janus Marius
Darth Obi-Wan Bandon Kenobi Revan Koon. He's a hybrid of the best SW has to offer.

CloneCaptin Fox
Yoda
Obi-Wan
Mace Widu
Ankain
Darth Vader
Darth Maul
Count Droku

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by CloneCaptin Fox
Yoda
Obi-Wan
Mace Widu
Ankain
Darth Vader
Darth Maul
Count Droku Looking at my keyboard, I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible to "accidentally" put an r in place of an o. I have simultaneously concluded that you have no idea who... Droku, is.

Autokrat
Curious, apparently he's 52...

Lord Lucien
Which means either there's an incredible desire to fit in with we youngins, or there's an incredible amount of lieing taking place.

Autokrat
The former would be sort of creepy...

Lord Lucien
Jacky isn't dead afterall. Just found a new outlet.

Slash_KMC
*shivers*

Elok Quintly
I'm still waiting for Chilled Monkey to have moral qualms with my post.

Anakin4Ever
You'll never guess who mine is.

cherrypieluva50
My Extreme love for the extended universe sith are taken into account...

in no particular order

nihilus, bane, talon, krayt, maul, malak, krayt, sion, revan, nihl, marek (just cuz), plo koon, sideous

i dont think im missing any.

Lord Lucien
No, in fact you must double-love Krayt. And you missed Sidious.

cherrypieluva50
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
No, in fact you must double-love Krayt. And you missed Sidious.

mmm...didnt realize the double Krayt...

and idk, sidious never really did anything for me. i never really liked him, i mean SHURE he was great, probably one of the, if not THE greatest sith but...i could never really find myself into liking him

Anakin4Ever
Did you guess yet? It's Nahdar Vebb!

Just joking, it's Anakin.

Then it would be Galen Marek, Mace Windu, Yoda and Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Darth Sidious.

Elok Quintly
Originally posted by cherrypieluva50
mmm...didnt realize the double Krayt...

and idk, sidious never really did anything for me. i never really liked him, i mean SHURE he was great, probably one of the, if not THE greatest sith but...i could never really find myself into liking him
How can anyone not like power-mad dictators that create life-forms just to kill them? This vexes me.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by cherrypieluva50
mmm...didnt realize the double Krayt...

and idk, sidious never really did anything for me. i never really liked him, i mean SHURE he was great, probably one of the, if not THE greatest sith but...i could never really find myself into liking him

Who the f*** is Sideous?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Elok Quintly
How can anyone not like power-mad dictators that create life-forms just to kill them? This vexes me. He was one of the most engaging characters, Palps was phat. Dawg.

Autokrat
Palps was a stereotypical psychopath. There is nothing particularly interesting about him. He shines only because most of the other characters are so terribly written. The best antagonists are the ones you want to root for. Not because the protagonists are idiots, but because the motivation of the antagonist is compelling as well as his character.

Lord Lucien
I rooted for Palpatine. The best evil villain is the one you despise as a character, yet are fascinated with knowing about him. Palpatine.

Major Valerian
I like Vader more. The favourite, however... I don't know.

Autokrat
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I rooted for Palpatine. The best evil villain is the one you despise as a character, yet are fascinated with knowing about him. Palpatine.

I suppose this is a difference in opinion then. To me, the worst villains are the ones that are psychotic monsters. Card carrying evil psychos are easy to write and take little skill on behalf of the writer. Nothing about them questions or challenges the reader/viewer. They are two dimensional placeholders designed to make sure that we always know who the good guys are.

Writing about a mixed villain with ambiguous goals, now that takes skill. When the author can make you doubt the motives of the heroes and doubt the supposed evil of the villain, thats when you know you the author has forced you to think.

darthchucky
There's so many i can't name them all. rolling on floor laughing

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Autokrat
I suppose this is a difference in opinion then. To me, the worst villains are the ones that are psychotic monsters. Card carrying evil psychos are easy to write and take little skill on behalf of the writer. Nothing about them questions or challenges the reader/viewer. They are two dimensional placeholders designed to make sure that we always know who the good guys are.

Writing about a mixed villain with ambiguous goals, now that takes skill. When the author can make you doubt the motives of the heroes and doubt the supposed evil of the villain, thats when you know you the author has forced you to think. Maybe I've just got a thing for the all-powerful, conniving, manipulative, megalomaniacal, embodiment-of-evil, mechanist of all woe, who's been controlling both sides of the worst conflict ever, ever.

But Valerian's got a point. Vader's a very close second for me.

Elok Quintly
Originally posted by Autokrat
Writing about a mixed villain with ambiguous goals, now that takes skill. When the author can make you doubt the motives of the heroes and doubt the supposed evil of the villain, thats when you know you the author has forced you to think.
And such characters are better functional villains how? The sort of villainy you have specified *cough*Vader*cough* just so happens to be the type exploited and beguiled by "Complete Monster" characters exemplified by Palpatine.

Characters like Palpatine possess an acute deficit of concern for any topic or individual aside from power and self-glorification. Consequently, this trait serves to render them irredeemable--in effect, making them far more dangerous than a weak villain that attracts a pity-party because his wife is dying (thereby motivating all of his "villainous" deeds and setting up for a predictable Heel Face Turn).

Ms.Marvel
nothing you said there conflicts with anything he said.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Elok Quintly
And such characters are better functional villains how? The sort of villainy you have specified *cough*Vader*cough* just so happens to be the type exploited and beguiled by "Complete Monster" characters exemplified by Palpatine.

Characters like Palpatine possess an acute deficit of concern for any topic or individual aside from power and self-glorification. Consequently, this trait serves to render them irredeemable--in effect, making them far more dangerous than a weak villain that attracts a pity-party because his wife is dying (thereby motivating all of his "villainous" deeds and setting up for a predictable Heel Face Turn). Nothing you said there conflicts with anything he said.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>