In the Dead of Space

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shaggs
No one can hear the screams of terror from the crew of the U.S.S.M. Sojourner, as they are attacked and overwhelmed by and unknown enemy. At 0542 reports came flooding in from the Marine Vessel of strange creatures attacking, and killing off the crew mercilessly. Eventually, all reports from the ship stopped, and the power to the ship was severed, showing the ship as D.I.A. (Destroyed in Action)) Not wanting to lose such a huge investment, a second ship was sent to investigate, and possibly save some of the crew. Hundreds of soldiers did not know the hell that they were about to be thrust into.

Name:
Ship:
Division:
Team:
Job:
Specialty:
Attitude:
Personality:
Equipment:
Appearance:
Biography:

Name: Jacob Book
Ship: Sojourner
Division: U.S.S.M.C. Sojourner
Team: Beta
Job: Security Detail
Specialty: Computers
Fears: The Dark
Attitude: Survive at ALL costs
Personality: Very closed off, seemingly a loner, but works effortlessly with his team.
Equipment: Pistol, flashlight, three clips, radio.
Appearance:http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff164/Lchupacabra/Halo%203/Characters/Marine02.jpg
Biography: Just another soldier sent onboard of the Sojourner when it was cast off. He is not the only member of his team remaining.

Weapons-
Fists
Flashlight
Pistol
Shotgun
Machine gun

Mando' Ade
Name: david fenta
Ship: sojourner
Job: security detail
Specialty: sniper
Fears: anything large enough to kill him easily, tight spaces
Attitude: cocky, quick to act
Personality:
Equipment:
Appearance:
Biography:

Shaggs
This is going to turn out well.

Though you need to eventually put more detail in your bio.

android217
Name: Jason Mariner
Division: U.S.M.C. Sojourner
Job: Security grunt
Specialty: Hand guns
Fears: Being alone
Attitude: Quiet
Personality: Self-centered, twitchy
Equipment: Pistol (one backup clip), flashlight, radio
Appearance: Common soldier
Biography: Drafted...

Shaggs
Start whenever you guys feel ready

jalek moye
Name: Xe
Division: U.S.M.C. Sojourner
Team: Beta (since evryone else is)
Specialty: CQC
Fears: others dying because of him
Attitude: distance, and apathethetic about everything except for others lives
Personality: laid back, but thoughtful
Equipment: Pistol, assualt rifle, and machete, flashlight, and dagger
Appearance: middle eastern young adult male
Biography: drafted and shiped out

Shaggs
Post when you are ready

jalek moye
i will tommorow most likly

Blockhead
I will post when I have more time, most likely going medical

Blockhead
Actually, is it possible to have robots or friendly aliens in this game? Waiting answer before posting character (medical, since everyone's going to be a hardnut marine).

Shaggs
There will be bots, but friendly aliens will take away from the fear factor, which is kinda the reason I made it. haha

Blockhead
Can I play as a robot?

Shaggs
If you want to, but please don't be unstoppable and just killing everything that moves. I designed this to be more fear based than gung ho.

Jedireaper
Like how I try to do Hazmat even though people ignore that little fact... *looks at Mando* You know who Im talking about lol... Hey Jake! Interesting idea... Dead Space inspiration?

Shaggs
Not really. I saw dead space, but that was a little too badass for my tastes. This is more like Afraid of the Dark, where you are better off finding ways around the baddies.

Blockhead
Thankies! And don't worry, my robot will be a medic robot with limited fighting capabilities. I'm take a different team assigned to investigate the ship. If worst comes to worst, I'll have to NPC the retrieval team. Let me know if this is ok:

Name: Med1C
Ship: (I'll take the other ship since the story line requires another team) U.S.S.M.C. Excaliber
Division: U.S.S.M.C. Search and Rescue Fleet #4
Team: Gamma
Job: Medical
Specialty: First-Aid and Surgery
Location: Docking Bay 2 of the U.S.S.M.C. Excaliber (prepairing to be transported via shuttle to the Soujourner
Fears: Rather than having fears, Med1C has dangers he must watch out for, such as electrical equipment, magnets, acid, high concentrations of water and high concentrations of air (both of which cause him to quickly malfunction, rust and become bulky and slow)
Attitude: Calm and Logical
Personality: Calm and Logical, he's a robot, not much with the personalities, he sometimes lies about his patients injuries to make them feel better, he sometimes attempts to be more human
Equipment: First-Aid and Surgical equipment, including surgical knives, needles and small lasers (which won't do any bodily harm). Various chemicals and other medical supplies. A side-arm (pistol) for protection, small amount of armour plating for protection (won't stop bullets or hard melee damage)
Appearance: http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/robot.jpg - with pistol
Biography: Created about 3 years ago by R&D. Programmed with basic marine training and field tested for 2 years. Then programmed with medical information and field tested for 1 year. Now serving aboard the U.S.S.M.C. Excaliber as one of the ships doctors and field medics.

Shaggs
Go for it, and I will be a little of the other team as well, to take a little of the stress off of you.

Blockhead
Didn't realise you had named the other ship the Excaliber, changed my profile to match

Blockhead
Just looking for clarification in-game. Is the marine that pushed the button to open the doors still alive? I thought he got shot messed. Btw, I masked the swearing myself, no need to worry.

Shaggs
The marine who opened the door is just fine, but the one who got shot is kinda dying at the moment.

Mando' Ade
Originally posted by Mando' Ade
Personality:
Equipment:
Appearance:
Biography:

had to leave short notice. srry.

Personality: short tempered, low sense of humor
Equipment: battle rifle with scope, pistol, flashbangs, flashlight, skeleton keycard
Appearance:

Mando' Ade
appearance

Blockhead
alright, Med1C to the rescue!

Shaggs
Very good

Mando' Ade
hello?

Blockhead
HELLO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.