Galactus vs. Spectre(dov)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
To the death.

No un by the way.

Who wins?

Enyalus
Spectre.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Enyalus
Spectre. Really? Why?

Enyalus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Really? Why?

An average Galactus has a lot of low feats in with the high. DOV Spectre was absolutely amazing, though. I think he has a higher power level, so to speak, than a typical Galactus. Especially with no UN to worry about.

quanchi112
An average Galactus has a lot of low feats in with the high. DOV Spectre was absolutely amazing, though. I think he has a higher power level, so to speak, than a typical Galactus. Especially with no UN to worry about. Which low feats are you speaking of?

fangirl101
Spectre.

Enyalus
Which low feats are you speaking of?

The FF PIS-fest for one, Thanos knocking his ass through his ship and across a planet...

...You know, I forgot about him pretty much stalemating Tenebrous before being struck in the back of the head by Lady of All Sorrows (Forget her actual name). That's a pretty high-end feat. *shrugs*

Am not sure. stick out tongue

quanchi112
The FF PIS-fest for one, Thanos knocking his ass through his ship and across a planet...

...You know, I forgot about him pretty much stalemating Tenebrous before being struck in the back of the head by Lady of All Sorrows (Forget her actual name). That's a pretty high-end feat. *shrugs*

Am not sure. stick out tongue How did the ff4 beat him?

Thanos knocked him down,but didnt damage him at all.

Tenebrous and Aegis were powerful and had the element of surprise against him.

Originally posted by fangirl101
Spectre. Why?

guy222
spectre

quanchi112
Galactus wins this 10 outta 10.

shokosugi
not even close. Spectre destroys Galactus.

Anti-Monitor = Spectre >>>>>>> Galactus > Thanos

quanchi112
Originally posted by shokosugi

Anti-Monitor = Spectre >>>>>>> Galactus > Thanos That Spectre was being helped by mages and what not. This is a different Spectre from a different arc. Galactus wins.

vansonbee

Anti-Monitor = Spectre >>>>>>> Galactus > Thanos Why the hell you bring anti-moniter in here now lolz

occultdestroyer
Ridiculous fight.
Not even close match.

Astner
Galactus would win if he had the Ultimate Nullifier. Spectre, of the Day of Vengeance arc, was not very powerful. But still more powerful than Galactus.

Estacado
haermm

Bentley
The Spectre cannot really be destroyed, so if this is to the dead, he wins.

guy222
spectre wins

Nestical
im a huge big g fan but i think spectre can do it 6/10.give G the un & its a wrap for spectre's ass

cloud102
Spectre ftw.

Juntai
Spectre.

iceman24567
Spectre easily.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Astner
Galactus would win if he had the Ultimate Nullifier. Spectre, of the Day of Vengeance arc, was not very powerful. But still more powerful than Galactus. No,he wasnt.Originally posted by Estacado
haermm Do you have a point?

Originally posted by Bentley
The Spectre cannot really be destroyed, so if this is to the dead, he wins. Yes,he can. He was almost destroyed by an amped Captain Marvel.

Bentley
Yes,he can. He was almost destroyed by an amped Captain Marvel.

Scans?

The Spectre can be koed, I have never seen its existence endangered for real.

iceman24567
Scans?

The Spectre can be koed, I have never seen its existence endangered for real. Marvel was amped by alot of power it wasn't a low showing trust me Quan is just down laying feats like he usually does.

quanchi112
Scans?

The Spectre can be koed, I have never seen its existence endangered for real. http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/capmarvelrunsoutofmagic.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/spectreisjustafraid.jpg

Galactus dominates the Spectre. If anyone would like to serious engage me into this, feel free.

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Marvel was amped by alot of power it wasn't a low showing trust me Quan is just down laying feats like he usually does. I said he was amped. So,what is wrong with my statement. The fact of the matter remains that Galactus is more powerful than dov Spectre.

Bentley
So is this at least a very powerful Galactus?

Who were all the guys powering Marvel at that time?

iceman24567
Spectre easily. big grin

quanchi112
So is this at least a very powerful Galactus?

Who were all the guys powering Marvel at that time? The point is the Spectre can be destroyed. He was being powered by the rest of the ninth age of magic tha the Spectre hadnt destroyed at the time. He was curbstomped by Marvel until he lost his amp. Then he managed to escape and recover in space.

Bentley
To gauge how much power is needed to at least threaten his existence I need to know who backed him up. Lets not forget that in that same arc the Spectre got drained by Black Alice and went into a form that couldn't be destroyed, and that he cut the power from Marvel (in the second fight) and Myx.

Even this Spectre has good feats. Who boost him?

quanchi112
To gauge how much power is needed to at least threaten his existence I need to know who backed him up. Lets not forget that in that same arc the Spectre got drained by Black Alice and went into a form that couldn't be destroyed, and that he cut the power from Marvel (in the second fight) and Myx.

Even this Spectre has good feats. Who boost him? I just told you. They were tapping into the remaining magic users of the ninth age of magic at the time.

Bentley
So every magician in the world? Even the sky-fathers and Nabu?

quanchi112
So every magician in the world? Even the sky-fathers and Nabu? I know the Phantom Stranger was in his diminished form,but Im not sure if Nabu was actually seen here.

Bentley
Thats why I ask, I have not the slightest idea of who was there. I don't know this version of the Spectre well enough.

quanchi112
Thats why I ask, I have not the slightest idea of who was there. I don't know this version of the Spectre well enough. The Spectre couldnt win this battle. Trust me when I say this. He fought we against magical beings,but a being such as Galactus would defeat him.

quanchi112
Look,how easily Galactus recovers from this attack by Mister Fantastic here. Galactus could have easily killed all of the opposition easily even with drainging out some magic in a weakened state. This Galactus was weakened and he still was well above anything these heroes could muster.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/GalactusTheDevourer3-09.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/GalactusTheDevourer3-10.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/GalactusTheDevourer3-11.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/GalactusTheDevourer3-18.jpg

Bentley
Yes but whats the highest magical being Galactus has faced? I think that would be Mephisto in his realm, but thats less than the Captain Marvel the Spectre faced.

I wanted to make a parallel between the Destroyer armor backed up with the Marvel pantheons and this Marvel to see if they were in neighboring levels. However I don't know the powers used behind each of those appearances.

quanchi112
Yes but whats the highest magical being Galactus has faced? I think that would be Mephisto in his realm, but thats less than the Captain Marvel the Spectre faced.

I wanted to make a parallel between the Destroyer armor backed up with the Marvel pantheons and this Marvel to see if they were in neighboring levels. However I don't know the powers used behind each of those appearances. Galactus defeated Mephisto in his own realm. He started absorbing his own realm. Twas quite the feat.

My point is that the Spectre did well against magical beings because he was magical in nature as well. He wont be able to come back from Galactus' power.

Bentley
Do we have any statement or showing that Spectre is weaker against things other than magic?

In general, the magic in DC universe is higher in the hierarchy than in Marvel.

quanchi112
Do we have any statement or showing that Spectre is weaker against things other than magic?

In general, the magic in DC universe is higher in the hierarchy than in Marvel. In dov he was taking on magical beings while he can take magic from those same very beings in situations of duress. He cant take any power from Galactus in this battle. He was hurt badly by Shazam and then took magic from Shazam to defeat him.

Galactus would route him.

Philosophía
Spectre, easily.

quanchi112

Philosophía
With you ?

Lulz.

quanchi112

Philosophía
For the same reason I didn't have the last battlezone with you aswell ?

kevdude
Look,how easily Galactus recovers from this attack by Mister Fantastic here. Galactus could have easily killed all of the opposition easily even with drainging out some magic in a weakened state. This Galactus was weakened and he still was well above anything these heroes could muster.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/GalactusTheDevourer3-09.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/GalactusTheDevourer3-10.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/GalactusTheDevourer3-11.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/GalactusTheDevourer3-18.jpg

You are comparing Mister Fantastic to what The Spectre faced to AMPed up Captain Marvel which had gods/demons on his side along every other magic being that goes in the tens of thousands along with Zantanna, The Sentinel on Earth confused

quanchi112

Philosophía
Like I said in another thread, beating you in an argument is like lifting 10 kg, mostly everbody can do it, so why bother ? smile

The only reason I would ever have an actual 'debate' with you would be because I'm bored and there's nobody else to talk to.

quanchi112

Philosophía
facepalm

You're like one of those annoying kids asking there parents "can we go now ?/how long are we going to stay?/are you finished yet?"

quanchi112

Philosophía
Easily beating an IMP. Beating Nabu.

Now, what has Galactus done that even compares to these ? smile

quanchi112

Philosophía
The 'depowering' the alternate-earth Zatanna happened off panel, with nothing specificated on how it happened.
Gog caught Mxy unawaress, and it's already been proven how powerfull his staff is.

Show me Galactus beating anybody who is even close to an Imp's level. Now.

It was already stated beforehand that Nabu, along with the other mystics couldn't prevail against the Spectre. So whether Nabu went against Spectre bloodlusted/calm/suicidal has no relevance. Spectre was more powerfull than him. Period.

quanchi112

Bentley
I think Tyrant is not that good of a feat as the best thing Tyrant has done its fighting Galactus. Also Galactus sometime in the past defeated the pantheon of Diableri, Tenebrous and Aegis, who don't have feats either and whose battle happened equally off panel.

Philosophía
You know, repeating the same stuff over again, even twice in one post and ignoring arguments is called trolling and it's reportable.

This is why I don't debate with you. I just don't have the patience. Unless a debate entertains me, which implies having it with an actual knowledgeable poster, I don't care for it. Which is the case here.

quanchi112

Philosophía
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5269/facepalm8bu0ph9.jpg

quanchi112
^^Ok,if you want to resort to spam when Im trying to engage you thats fine by me.

shokosugi
it's not even close. Spectre wins this.

AM = Spectre >>>>>> Galactus

fangirl101
Galactus cannot beat the Spectre Prime. Hostless or with a Host. His UN cannot defeat the Spectre Prime. The UN erases and resets Spacial beings. Things that are tied to the concepts of reality, time, space. The Spectre is a part of God. A spiritual being.

UniOmni
Spectre in this form wasn't playing at the highest levels of power, but i don't see anything Galactus could do to actually kill him.

As long as magic exists, so too does Spectre.

Galactus could possibly do something exotic, like meld him with reality ala Mxy in Emp Joker, but that is only subduing him, and not killing him.

Spectre could merely outlast him, and kill Galactus once weak enough.

Bentley
Galactus cannot beat the Spectre Prime. Hostless or with a Host. His UN cannot defeat the Spectre Prime. The UN erases and resets Spacial beings. Things that are tied to the concepts of reality, time, space. The Spectre is a part of God. A spiritual being.

You are speculating quite a bit about the limitations of the UN.

Bentley
Originally posted by UniOmni
Spectre in this form wasn't playing at the highest levels of power, but i don't see anything Galactus could do to actually kill him.

Galactus could possibly do something exotic, like meld him with reality ala Mxy in Emp Joker, but that is only subduing him, and not killing him.

Spectre could merely outlast him, and kill Galactus once weak enough.

Although I don't know if you are speculating or not about the nature of the Spectre I agree with you.

fangirl101
You are speculating quite a bit about the limitations of the UN.
No I'm not. I"m going off of what the UN has done.

Bentley
No I'm not. I"m going off of what the UN has done.

It has erased the multiverse, including the spiritual beings on it.

Obviously I can't confirm it can take the Spectre, I don't even think it can. But in the same way, I don't believe the opposite can be proven as of yet.

Mindset
AM = Spectre

No

Bentley
Specially not THIS Spectre.

Nestical

so now youre making this spectre prime?wow.either way un whips his ass.anyways,i still think spectre can eek out a win here

fangirl101
Originally posted by Nestical
so now youre making this spectre prime?wow.either way un whips his ass.anyways,i still think spectre can eek out a win here

DOV Spectre Beat up on Nabu>>>Kismet(Guardian of All realities)
Pwned Mxy.

Mxy,Nabu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Galactus.

Nestical
Pwned Mxy.

WOW everything you just said had NOTHING to do with what i said.how do you live with yourself laughing

Mr Master

The UN erases and resets Spacial beings.
Things that are tied to the concepts of reality, time, space.

The Spectre is a part of God. A spiritual being.
The UN erases anything, and everything it hits, except for the Fury and 616 Jaspers.

In Marvel, a spiritual being would be even more susceptible to the UN than Cosmics.

In Marvel ... Cosmics >>> Yahweh/Lucifer & all of heaven & hell.

Make no mistake, that is the Yahweh that represents the real world Christian God.

Bentley
Pwned Mxy.

I'm totally quoting this to the Imperiex vs Galactus thread, because according to that, Galactus owns him.

Nestical
I'm totally quoting this to the Imperiex vs Galactus thread, because according to that, Galactus owns him.

big g does own him

quanchi112
Galactus cannot beat the Spectre Prime. Hostless or with a Host. His UN cannot defeat the Spectre Prime. The UN erases and resets Spacial beings. Things that are tied to the concepts of reality, time, space. The Spectre is a part of God. A spiritual being. The un isnt involved in this,but yes it would oneshot him.

Spectre recently couldnt do a thing to Libra. This Spectre from dov was almost killed by an amped Cap Marvel. read the comics before you start hyping a character you want to win.Originally posted by fangirl101
No I'm not. I"m going off of what the UN has done. Such as?Originally posted by fangirl101
Pwned Mxy.

Mxy,Nabu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Galactus. Nabu let him kill him. In fact he helped him.Originally posted by UniOmni

Spectre could merely outlast him, and kill Galactus once weak enough. Spectre was almost killed in dov.

Nestical
the more im learning about this version of spectre the more im leaning towards big g

quanchi112
the more im learning about this version of spectre the more im leaning towards big g Trust me he wins.

iceman24567
Spectre stomps

Nestical
Spectre stomps & cries in the corner,not being able to do anyting but lose here

fixed

lionfranky
-Galactus was eaten by Marvel zombies(lol)
-Depowered Tyrant kicked his butt.
-Couldn't take UN from Mr. Fantastic.(LMAO)
I can go more.

iceman24567
fixed Lame editing skills eek!

Captain REX
Basically. It's done for comical effect, don't mind it too much.

guy222
spectre wins

Utrigita
Originally posted by guy222
spectre wins

quanchi112
Originally posted by lionfranky
-Galactus was eaten by Marvel zombies(lol)
-Depowered Tyrant kicked his butt.
-Couldn't take UN from Mr. Fantastic.(LMAO)
I can go more. That wasnt 616 Galactus. Galactus was losing to Tyrant. Threre is no shame in that loss. Galactus created Tyrant. Thats how powerful he is. He also beat Tyrant in their first encounter.

For the sake of the story Galactus is never going to eat the earth.

Are you done here yet?

quanchi112
Spectre stomps No,he doesnt. There is nothing to suggest that. He was injured bigtime against a weakened Shazam. The only reason he defeated Shazam imo is because of his magical nature. Galactus doesnt have that problem. He wins.

iceman24567
spectre wins He does win his overall power is greater than Galactus.

zeel
There are many versions of the specter, i think the DOV versio (weaker incarnation) was underrated. depending on the backing the specter gets from the source will determine the outcome of this fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by zeel
There are many versions of the specter, i think the DOV versio (weaker incarnation) was underrated. depending on the backing the specter gets from the source will determine the outcome of this fight. I think the dov was very powerful,but just not as powerful as Galactus.

cloud102
Spectre.

quanchi112
Originally posted by cloud102
Spectre. How does he win?

fangirl101
Spectre.

Classic NES
Galactus wins this.

cloud102
spectre wins

Classic NES

I dunno about that, but he wins a healthy majority.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Classic NES
I dunno about that, but he wins a healthy majority.
DOV Spectre Defeated Mxy and PS. Something I can't see Galactus doing.

Classic NES
If he is well fed he should be able too.

Philosophía
Mxy would push Galactus's shit in and there's not a goddamn thing he could do about it.

Enyalus
DOV Spectre Defeated Mxy and PS. Something I can't see Galactus doing.

To me, Galactus could beat PS. Mxy, I highly doubt it.

Red Hulk

Philosophía
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Has Mxy ever survived having a train thrown at him?

No. But he hasn't been called a crum-bum while being slapped around either.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_Galactus251512521.jpg

Classic NES
Galactus at full power could destroy Mxy IMO.

Red Hulk

iceman24567
Yeah Mxy would chew on a well fed Galactus

xJLxKing
Mxy is stronger than Galactus at his best. He can make Galactus into dust and he cant do nothing about it!!

cloud102
Mxy at full power would own Galactus or Spectre.

xJLxKing
Mxy at full power would own Galactus or Spectre. HE already owned Spectre at full power, so Galactus wouldn't be a problem. He actually made the Spectre into a Puppet!!

Classic NES
Usual low showings for Spectre, At full power he should be above Mxy same with Galactus.

WhiteWitchKing
F##$, DOV Spectre has nothing to absorb from Galactus. Good luck with that sh#$; he only be Mxy because they categorized him as magic during that series and probably absorbed Mxy's magic like he did all others. Otherwise, Mxy would RAPE Spectre no different than Emperor Joker did.

Galactus wins this. Spectre had trouble with a skyfather level being like Shazam and only beat him throw absorbing his magic. Spectre's even more overrated than Galactus. Wrath of God my a$$.

xJLxKing
Usual low showings for Spectre, At full power he should be above Mxy same with Galactus.
Depends what you mean by Full Power. At full Power(my view), the Spectre is powered and moved by the Presence, which mean that he is only second to the The Presence. However, anything below that, Mxy would kill, or even toy with the Spectre. The Mxy has already done this to the Spectre in the past. He created him into a Puppet. Mxy has no limit, his limit is his Will. With a snap of his fingers, he can destroy galaxies. With but a though and a snap he can change the very fabric on the Universe. He is is almost unstopable..

Galactus at his best has been stated(with out UN) that he could destroy a universe, but thats ntohing to someone like Mxy. Mxy can make it, so that the laws are completely different then that of Galactus so that his power is nothing. Heck he can destroy easily, but it's not in his Nature.

Enyalus
I think the Source would still be above Spectre. As would Michael. And Synnar.

xJLxKing
I think the Source would still be above Spectre. As would Michael. And Synnar.
The source is "part "of the Presence

Classic NES
Galactus at full power could one shot the universe 10 times over and his thoughts have been said to be able to shape reality around him at full power as shown doom. He would kill regular Mxy peroid.

Enyalus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
The source is "part "of the Presence

And this was stated where?

xJLxKing
Galactus at full power could one shot the universe 10 times over and his thoughts have been said to be able to shape reality around him at full power as shown doom. He would kill regular Mxy peroid.
you don't understand. His attack, his damage is nothing because Mxy's power would fold the reality, the laws of the universe to make Glaactus weak

Classic NES
Galactus has been implied to be able to effect reality as well and he's stalemated Mephisto in his realm who is pretty much omnipotent there. . . MXY get's served.

xJLxKing
Galactus can effect reality as well and he's stalemated Mephisto in his realm who is pretty much omnipotent there. . . MXY get's served.
Thats completely different. Think of it this way. He can make the universe so that every human looks like a pig, but talk like a monkey for fun. He can make it so that a Sun is cold but still heat the world even though it's as colder then zero degrees. He can change the laws, so that people who have to eat planets(Galactus), so that doesnt have to. He is omnipotent, and he can do anything he wants!!! He made a Spectre into a Doll so he can have a little fun.

Classic NES
It's called reality warping, Galactus can do the same at higher levels. He simply chooses not too because it's not in his nature.

xJLxKing
It's called reality warping, Galactus can do the same at higher levels. He simply chooses not too because it's not in his nature.
No he can't, he never showed it, now you are just being ignorant

UKR
From what I've actually seen of the Specter I think a respectable and well-written Galactus who is not on a low showing can beat him. Unfortunately, Galactus is rarely respectable, well-written or not on a low showing. Given that, I'd say the Specter wins. But I've never followed the popular belief that he's the end-all-be-all of either the DCU or the MU. IIRC he had trouble with a powered-up Captain Marvel and the punches fell with the impact of small atomic bombs. That doesn't seem like much for a guy who's reputedly second only to God. Gladiator can destroy a planet with his fist, after all.

Classic NES
No he can't, he never showned it, now you are just being ignorant

Which is why I said it's been implied, when doom absorbed his power. His thoughts began to reshape his surroundings.

http://i35.tinypic.com/34t6cdd.jpg

Originally posted by UKR
From what I've actually seen of the Specter I think a respectable and well-written Galactus who is not on a low showing can beat him. Unfortunately, Galactus is rarely respectable, well-written or not on a low showing. Given that, I'd say the Specter wins. But I've never followed the popular belief that he's the end-all-be-all of either the DCU or the MU. IIRC he had trouble with a powered-up Captain Marvel and the punches fell with the impact of small atomic bombs. That doesn't seem like much for a guy who's reputedly second only to God. Gladiator can destroy a planet with his fist, after all.

The problem is that none of them are respectably written.

xJLxKing
Which is why I said it's been implied, when doom absorbed his power. His thoughts began to reshape his surroundings.
No, it didn't he was just bending it like Abraxas(who is stronger), but he has never done it. However, Mxy can do it because it was directly stated. He also has more power then Galactus does. You are basically saying that Galactus is stronger then IG, Galactus isn't even ominpotent. He never was.

Classic NES
No, it didn't he was just bending it like Abraxas(who is stronger), but he has never done it.

What part of implied did you not get? Doom with his powers has shown that. Also, Abaxas collapsed realities.

He also has more power then Galactus does.

No he doesn't.

You are basically saying that Galactus is stronger then IG, Galactus isn't even ominpotent. He never was.

Mxy is nowhere near IG level, unless we use feats from WF which isn't canon.

xJLxKing
What part of implied did you not get and Abaxas collapsed realities.

He has not done it. He was just destroying the barrier that was not allowing the 2 universe from merging which is why when he did collapse it, there was multiple character(I think 2 Reed's)

He has killed multiple Galactus' in his search to find the UN

Why not, they both are...ominipotent, can perform nearly any feat using what either is or appears to be magic, everything is the same.

Classic NES
He has not done it. He was just destroying the barrier that was not allowing the 2 universe from merging which is why when he did collapse it, there was multiple character(I think 2 Reed's)

Why even mention that feat when I'm not even talking about it?

He has killed multiple Galactus' in his search to find the UN

Cool, now let's get back on topic.

Why not, they both are...ominipotent, can perform nearly any feat using what either is or appears to be magic, everything is the same.

Omnipotent is thrown alot in comics and we have to count all their feats. As it stands IG> Mxy

xJLxKing
Why even mention that feat when I'm not even talking about it?
It the feat of the fact that you were talking about

Good to know huh?

There aren't many characters that are omnipotent, and there aren't many character that can go nearly any feat they want!! LT, IG(not item), HOTU(not item) to name a few. Gal isn't one

Red Hulk
Galactus = omnipotent
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Statements%20of%20power/SilverSurferv3140p11.jpg

Galactus = power
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Statements%20of%20power/GalactusTheDevourer6-01.jpg

shifty

kgkg
There aren't many characters that are omnipotent, and there aren't many character that can go nearly any feat they want!! LT, IG(not item), HOTU(not item) to name a few. Gal isn't one wink

Classic NES
It the feat of the fact that you were talking about

Why don't you re-read what I posted and the scan I showed mane.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Galactus = power
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Statements%20of%20power/GalactusTheDevourer6-01.jpg

shifty

I loved that arc.

Red Hulk
I loved that arc. It was a good one. Galactus usually is in pretty good arcs, or at least interesting arcs.

xJLxKing
Where is that from? Also, it doesn't change anything. Galactus' power is still lower. He can't alter the entire universal Law just for fun. He can't fight that kind of power.

That not the same!

Utrigita
He was about to change the entire universal order when he was about to erase the Phoenix, Roma Uatu and Death advised against it but if I recall correctly they didn't say that he wasn't allowed to do so...

Avlon
Spectre wins easily.

kidthor
Spectre pretty easily

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Utrigita
He was about to change the entire universal order when he was about to erase the Phoenix, Roma Uatu and Death advised against it but if I recall correctly they didn't say that he wasn't allowed to do so...
Who was about to?

Anyways here is what Joker did with Mxy's power for fun.
http://img107.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman583p208em.jpg

http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman583p214tl.jpg

http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman583p221tc.jpg

Joker with 99.99% of Mxy's power destroyed the the universe and then rebuit it again to his liking effortlessly

iceman24567
Spectre wins he beat the most powerful magical entities only a super amped Billy could stop him

Utrigita
Who was about to?

Anyways here is what Joker did with Mxy's power for fun.
http://img107.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman583p208em.jpg

http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman583p214tl.jpg

http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman583p221tc.jpg

Joker with 99.99% of Mxy's power destroyed the the universe and then rebuit it again to his liking effortlessly

You said that Galactus couldn't alter the universal law, I say that based on the incident with Phoenix then imo he can if he so desires.

xJLxKing
You said that Galactus couldn't alter the universal law, I say that based on the incident with Phoenix then imo he can if he so desires.
Universal Order and Universal Law is two different things in my opinion. For example, Universal laws to me means the laws of physic. For example: Gravity pulls an object down depend on big it is. Then you can change the law of it so that(for example) the gravity instead would pull you up, and not down.
Universal Order is like what is in the universe and you can remove it. Something that MXy has done in a Universal Scale. He removed everything in the universe, and destroyed it at the same time. He then remade it so that Superman is a Dog!! Just for fun! Do you think Gala can do it?

Oh and when I mean the universe and I mean he destroy everything...Superman, Shazam, Guardians of Universe,....etc everyone

Utrigita
Universal Order and Universal Law is two different things in my opinion. For example, Universal laws to me means the laws of physic. For example: Gravity pulls an object down depend on big it is. Then you can change the law of it so that(for example) the gravity instead would pull you up, and not down.
Universal Order is like what is in the universe and you can remove it. Something that MXy has done in a Universal Scale. He removed everything in the universe, and destroyed it at the same time. He then remade it so that Superman is a Dog!! Just for fun! Do you think Gala can do it?

Oh and when I mean the universe and I mean he destroy everything...Superman, Shazam, Guardians of Universe,....etc everyone

Law and order and often mentioned in the same sentence...

So for instance the Stars would be a part of the universal Law to you since they are the foundation for life? As I see it Universal Order, is what keeps the marvel universe intact, for instance we have Eternity, Infinity, Death and Oblivion as a part of the universal Order Because each of them serves a function within the Universe, I guess that in some way you could argue that they are Universal Laws, life and death, eternity and oblivion. We then have Phoenix that are the fuel of the stars (the giver of life if you will), and then we have Galactus erasing Phoenix and by that upsetting the Order and in some way the Law by extinguish.

Have I said that? Does it have any relevance to the current discussion?

xJLxKing
Law and order and often mentioned in the same sentence...

So for instance the Stars would be a part of the universal Law to you since they are the foundation for life? As I see it Universal Order, is what keeps the marvel universe intact, for instance we have Eternity, Infinity, Death and Oblivion as a part of the universal Order Because each of them serves a function within the Universe, I guess that in some way you could argue that they are Universal Laws, life and death, eternity and oblivion. We then have Phoenix that are the fuel of the stars (the giver of life if you will), and then we have Galactus erasing Phoenix and by that upsetting the Order and in some way the Law by extinguish.

Have I said that? Does it have any relevance to the current discussion?
However, they are two different things. In addition, Pheonix Force is stronger then Galactus. It's above him(imo)! Also, killing Phoenix is nothing is nothing as if he was able to destroy the universe and recreate the way he like it, correct? I mean Joke changed everything(except the presence, source wall). Not to mention he did it effortlessly. I don't think that Gala can do it.

Utrigita
And yet they are combined, one cannot work without the other, if you break the law you disrupt the order, and if you disrupt the order you break the law (basically)

Dark Phoenix isn't according to Kubik, but nevermind. Yes the Phoenix force is stronger then Galactus but obviously it's cosmic status is lower then his, since it's deletion is only spoken against not tried to direct stop. I believe a watcher once mentioned that Galactus could destroy the Universe 10 times if he wished it, but that would be entirely against Galactus Purpose hence we will never see Galactus do what you ask if he can.

I'm not entirely sure what to answer to that xJLxKing, for instance Doom with the Power of a Cosmic Cube stated that the power in that was but a fraction of the power he would gain when he attained the power of Galactus, and when you look at the record of the Cosmic Cubes...

But All in All I would say No Galactus cannot do that, I would also say even if he could he would never do it.

Enyalus
Spectre as of DOV couldn't put down a base Captain Marvel, before the amp. He also got stopped cold initially when fighting Shazam. Galactus has stalemated Mephisto in his own realm before, which is better than Spectre's showing inside the Rock of Eternity against Shazam. The only reason he eventually overpowered him was because he fed on the Rock and Shazam's own magic. Guess what? Galactus isn't a magical being.

Anything but a starving Galactus should take this.

Classic NES
Big G is much stronger than people are willing to give him credit for.

iceman24567
Big G is very powerful but I give Spectre the win here.

Classic NES
The TS forgot to specify which versions. Are we going by averages or what?

iceman24567
Its average unless stated otherwise.

Mindset
Average Galactus is the one devouring the omniverse

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>