Superman: New Krypton...The Kryptonians are HERE!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
GOOD GRIEF!!!!! First it was Wonder Woman breaking the neck of Max...then Batman brutally atttacking a defenseless Scarecrow...and now SUPERMAN?!?!?!

EVERYONE AT DC IS LOSING IT!!!! shock

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/5201/smnks15qt0.jpg

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/7130/smnks16lb9.jpg

My gosh this is just sooooo wrong!!!!!

Can this be the work of Darkseid?

(but damn! this is so goooood at the same time.) mmm

Endrict Nuul
When is this coming out? looks good.....

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
GOOD GRIEF!!!!! First it was Wonder Woman breaking the neck of Max...then Batman brutally atttacking a defenseless Scarecrow...and now SUPERMAN?!?!?!

EVERYONE AT DC IS LOSING IT!!!! shock

My gosh this is just sooooo wrong!!!!!

Can this be the work of Darkseid?

(but damn! this is so goooood at the same time.) mmm

Looks like something worth buying...

Darkseid, prolly not, but you never know

tjcoady
it's a Braniac body.... he could kill it and it wouldn't actually be killing....

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by tjcoady
it's a Braniac body.... he could kill it and it wouldn't actually be killing....

Thats what I was thinking.

roughrider
Wonder Woman killed Max Lord because it was necessary - no matter what softies like Bruce & Clark think. The issues shouldn't get confused.

That's Gary Frank's artwork, isn't it?

Zack Fair
Wait...I am lost. I was reading about this on IGN and they mentioned the death of pa kent, 100,000 kryptonians arriving on earth and other stuff.

Now if Supes does act all violent or stuff it will give power to Infinite Crisis when SBP, E2 Supes and Alexander Luthor claimed the earth that existed was corrupt...bah this is new earth anyways...ugh Looking forward to this.

Bad Ash231

Superman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hulk... erm, Brainiac.

Blind
I think what creeps me out the most is... THAT IS FREAKIN' CHRISTOPHER REEVES MAN!!!

Bentley
Cristopher Reeves like that is actually pretty scary, specially after his death!

manjaro
Originally posted by tjcoady

no as of this new arc this is the "real" brainiac...everything thing we've seen before was just his avatars....that is until they retcon this too laughing

56motader
it's Christopher REEVE....jesus people.

Prime#
That looks like a dream sequence to me, look at the way "Clark" is said in the last panel, thats just my opinion though

jumpmann
Originally posted by Prime#
That looks like a dream sequence to me, look at the way "Clark" is said in the last panel, thats just my opinion though

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Blind
I think what creeps me out the most is... THAT IS FREAKIN' CHRISTOPHER REEVES MAN!!!

superman should ALWAYS be illistrated to look like Christopher Reeves. cuz he IS superman. in life and in death. cool

Endless Mike
Well to be fair, it's not clear from the scans that he actually killed him. Not to mention it's Brainiac, he deserves it anyway, he's killed billions of people at least.

Galan007
Originally posted by Blind
I think what creeps me out the most is... THAT IS FREAKIN' CHRISTOPHER REEVES MAN!!! for sure:

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/861376_sm2.jpg

Originally posted by Prime#
That looks like a dream sequence to me, look at the way "Clark" is said in the last panel, thats just my opinion though that's exactly what it was. here's the page directly following the scans WD posted:

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/861367_sm1.jpg

roughrider
Originally posted by Galan007
for sure:

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/861376_sm2.jpg

that's exactly what it was. here's the page directly following the scans WD posted:

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/861367_sm1.jpg

With Richard Donner involved as a co-writer, it's no coincidence Clark is resembling Christopher Reeve even more.
Gary Frank's art is looking perfect for the book. All those years of drawing Hyperion has served him well, now drawing the real thing.

WrathfulDwarf
So...what did you guys think about the issue? Is Geoff going somewhere with this New Krypton or just same old Supes?

Haven't read it yet.

tjcoady
Originally posted by manjaro
no as of this new arc this is the "real" brainiac...everything thing we've seen before was just his avatars....that is until they retcon this too laughing

Yeah....

And just like every other Brainiac since the Silver Age, and the first, mortal Braniac, he uses robotic bodies.... he mentions how his entire ship is his body... and Clark has already smashed one Brainiac robot so far.

And "avatar" would be the wrong word. More like "probes." Thanos and Darkseid have avatars... Doom has Doombots, but you wouldn't call them "avatars." Same way an Ultron body isn't the "prime" Ultron.

Soljer
So...what did you guys think about the issue? Is Geoff going somewhere with this New Krypton or just same old Supes?

Haven't read it yet.

It's the first part of a nine-part story, if I recall correctly. The story about dealing with a hundred thousand God-men on Earth that don't have the same Pa Kent upbringing as Clark.

The issue is more than worth picking up. Especially if you've liked Geoff's work on Superman thus far.

Endrict Nuul
I am soooo getting this.. Jim Lee's run was really good but this can be great! What else has Johns work on Superman?

Endrict Nuul
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/100818-New-Krypton-Countdown-1.html

Argh!! I cant stand cross overs, Supergirl, Action Comics and this for a 9 part story. But, this looks soooo good...

manjaro
i can see how cliche this is gonna be stright off the bat....these god fellows are gonna wanna take over the earth..or at least the soldiers guild...no definiately the soldiers guild..then superman and all the good kryptonians are gonna have to fight them all, then the only recourse is to A. re-bottle all those suns of bitches up or B. send them all to the P-zone....wake me when its over sleep

Bada's Palin
Kryptonian civil war?

Juntai
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/100818-New-Krypton-Countdown-1.html

Argh!! I cant stand cross overs, Supergirl, Action Comics and this for a 9 part story. But, this looks soooo good... Actually, I'm pretty sure Superman, Action and Supergirl are all going to be contuing storyies from here on out, not just this story. I'm pretty sure it's going to the triangle numbers

Juntai
Nevermind my typos, I'm braindead atm.

WrathfulDwarf
i can see how cliche this is gonna be stright off the bat....these god fellows are gonna wanna take over the earth..or at least the soldiers guild...no definiately the soldiers guild..then superman and all the good kryptonians are gonna have to fight them all, then the only recourse is to A. re-bottle all those suns of bitches up or B. send them all to the P-zone....wake me when its over sleep

I'm gonna go Nostradamus here....

...All these Kryptonians would make ONE heck of an ARMY... and since this is Geoff story....I'm going to call it now.

They're going to be a part of Green Lantern: The Blackest Night.

Once again...another WD prediction has manifested.

Endrict Nuul

...All these Kryptonians would make ONE heck of an ARMY... and since this is Geoff story....I'm going to call it now.

fear

Soljer

Interesting. I wonder what people would think of it, if it did come to pass. Cheap ploy or awesome attempt to tie the two stories together?

Endless Mike
Maybe we're going to have someone solo them all just to hype him up

Avlon
I've never been a fan of having tons of kryptonians hanging around like that.

I liked it the was post crisis originally had it. They had guys with kryptonian like abilities...but they weren't true kryptonians.

WrathfulDwarf
You know all these Kryptonians and their super powers...why would we need Green lanterns, wonder women, Bat Guys, or even a league?

We're pretty well protected. laughing out loud

Bada's Palin
You know all these Kryptonians and their super powers...why would we need Green lanterns, wonder women, Bat Guys, or even a league?

Oh yeah, Zor's whole "why would we want to be less kryptonian" was really reassuring big grin

Endrict Nuul

Batgod>>>Supermen..... mad

manjaro
u gotta run it by the numbers.......1. massive and unecessary retconning 2. faking one's death to immerse oneself more deeply into govt. work. 3. granting mad scientists/mercenaries clemency/commuted sentences to carry out secret govt. work..4 massive and unnecessary crossovers.

the cliches are adding up.....U also just know twriters are gonna give Luthor the satisifaction of cannon foddering a few of them...the same way he did a few from Zod's P-zone army..im guessing a few of the kids...not to mention a few being captured and DNA and all these things taken from them..

WrathfulDwarf
Doomsday is gonna be one TOUGH SOB after the battle with Kryptonians. No way he's dead! He's going to evolve from this battle and gonna comeback more friggin powerful than EVER!

Doomsday is gonna go past his HP level....sick...just SICK! I'm calling it now!

Raoul
new krypton has been good so far, but robinson still bugs me... i'd kill to see what busiek would have made of all this...

Soljer
Interesting. I see that even tying in with an interesting story can't remove the suck from Supergirl's title.

Raoul
Originally posted by Soljer
Interesting. I see that even tying in with an interesting story can't remove the suck from Supergirl's title.

laughing out loud

t'was a bit weird, imo...

WrathfulDwarf
UH-OH! ermm

Raoul
UH-OH! ermm

superman 681/2/the last one, right?

BruceSkywalker
Damn them for retaking the Nightwing name mad mad

manjaro
oh noez the kryptonians are doing arrogant shit......which will subsequently ruin supes reputation....which will subsequntely lead to them being gotten rid of some how.......nope didnt see that coming at all

WrathfulDwarf
oh noez the kryptonians are doing arrogant shit......which will subsequently ruin supes reputation....which will subsequntely lead to them being gotten rid of some how.......nope didnt see that coming at all

Not all of them...besides...it was expected to have some bad apples among the bunch.

Raoul
Not all of them...besides...it was expected to have some bad apples among the bunch.

seems to be more bad than good...

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by Raoul

Yeah.

If Ireland suddenly got super powers, they would all be peaceful.

Raoul
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Yeah.

well, we'd lack the ability to become intoxicated... someone would have to pay for such a travesty...

BruceSkywalker
seems flamebird and nightwing are here to stay...

supes vacates action comics next year...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/120801-Rucka-Action.html

Raoul
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
seems flamebird and nightwing are here to stay...

supes vacates action comics next year...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/120801-Rucka-Action.html

yeah, i saw that...

i'm really hating didio right now...

WrathfulDwarf

Well, so far Alura seems pretty much a *****. Now I know where Kara got her attitude from...

Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Yeah.

Heavens forbids! Can you imagine Sinead O Connor and the Cranberries with super powers? Brrr....

Val-E-Doosh
yeah, i saw that...

i'm really hating didio right now...
Change thumb up

Raoul
Well, so far Alura seems pretty much a *****. Now I know where Kara got her attitude from...

yeah... she could do with a couple of slaps to set her straight, imo...

Originally posted by Val-E-Doosh
Change thumb up

you first.

Val-E-Doosh
Nice to know you're an advocate for slapping women.

kgkg
I don't know what all the hate about!
IMO Didio is doing good changes at least from a business perspective.

It's kinda sad to see Superman leave Action Comics when it was where is his Legacy started

Raoul
Nice to know you're an advocate for slapping women.

not just women, i'm an equal opportunities slapper...

starlock
I have kept silent for some time on this..and i have to say it is not to my liking.....i was and will always be a superman fan...but i dont like this and i dont see it as a good thing....but the comics will speak for themselves.....i just seem to be cutting down my DC pull list.....and now Action comics will be off my list....i will read them and see where it goes, but i aint paying for this...thats for sure

Juntai
not just women, i'm an equal opportunities slapper... lol.

Juntai
Originally posted by kgkg
I don't know what all the hate about!
IMO Didio is doing good changes at least from a business perspective.

It's kinda sad to see Superman leave Action Comics when it was where is his Legacy started However, the story so far has been great.
The thing that worries me more than Superman leaving Action temporarily, is Johns leaving Action.

Juntai
Originally posted by starlock
I have kept silent for some time on this..and i have to say it is not to my liking.....i was and will always be a superman fan...but i dont like this and i dont see it as a good thing....but the comics will speak for themselves.....i just seem to be cutting down my DC pull list.....and now Action comics will be off my list....i will read them and see where it goes, but i aint paying for this...thats for sure Cool, DC sucks, drop all the books.

Bada's Palin
not just women, i'm an equal opportunities slapper...

PR is a true pioneer in the field of equal rights cool

Raoul
Originally posted by Juntai
However, the story so far has been great.
The thing that worries me more than Superman leaving Action temporarily, is Johns leaving Action.

i just don't understand his logic at all...

we lose captain marvel, we lose bruce, and now we're losing clark from action?

christ, its like entity is running DC... messed

Badabing

christ, its like entity is running DC... messed I don't know what's going on but I don't like it.

Juntai

christ, its like entity is running DC... messed Only for a handful of issues, and it'll be handled by Rucka, who's one of the better writers out there.

People are complaining about DC's direction, while half of Marvel's characters have been written out of character for the last couple of years, and they killed off Captain America, sent daredevil to jail, and have criminals running shit.

jalek moye
Only for a handful of issues, and it'll be handled by Rucka, who's one of the better writers out there.

People are complaining about DC's direction, while half of Marvel's characters have been written out of character for the last couple of years, and they killed off Captain America, sent daredevil to jail, and have criminals running shit.

All the writers have been replaced with skrulls.

Raoul
Only for a handful of issues, and it'll be handled by Rucka, who's one of the better writers out there.

oh, granted, marvel is just as bad if not worse, i was just getting used to being able to rely on dc... sort of a 'well at least i still get johns on superman every month' sort of thing...

Val-E-Doosh
Superman Rebirth in 2011?!?

Raoul
Superman Rebirth in 2011?!?

cry

Juntai
oh, granted, marvel is just as bad if not worse, i was just getting used to being able to rely on dc... sort of a 'well at least i still get johns on superman every month' sort of thing... Is Robinson really that bad to you on Superman's title?

I do agree with sentiments that Action just won't be te same without Superman. But Rucka will do fine on Action, I just want to see the Flamebird and Nightwing dynamic for a few issues before I make my decisions on how I feel about the story. But Rucka's never let me down.

Read GL and JSA for more Johns! big grin

Of course, he'll be off of Action probably for 12 months, but during most of that time, he'll be writing Superman's new Origin story, so it'll be like he never left.

Juntai
Superman Rebirth in 2011?!? He's already doing Superman's new origin story.
He doesn't need a rebirth, because he's not dead, like Barry or Hal.
So that's the closest you'll get.

Raoul
Is Robinson really that bad to you on Superman's title?

i'd rather have buseik back, tbh...

and i hate robinson's dialogue...

i won't dismiss him off hand... if the stories are good, i'll like them and be happy, but there will be that part of me wondering when we'll see johns on superman in action again...

jsa is a great comic no doubt, and so is GL, but neither has superman... stick out tongue

where'd you hear this?

kgkg
Kurt Busiek should help marvel out! I miss his Avenger and Defender arcs

but he would be great for AC if he wasn't so busy with other work

Juntai
i'd rather have buseik back, tbh...

and i hate robinson's dialogue...

i won't dismiss him off hand... if the stories are good, i'll like them and be happy, but there will be that part of me wondering when we'll see johns on superman in action again...

jsa is a great comic no doubt, and so is GL, but neither has superman... stick out tongue

where'd you hear this? The Rucka part, or the Superman Origin part? Well, Rucka said the Flamebird and Nightwing thing was a 12 issue arc in his interview here. I imagine that Johns will pick up sometime after that. It's possible he just leaves it to Rucka, or someone else taking over I guess.. but he was getting a lot of praise for his Superman work, I don't see him being off of the book for long.

If you're talking about about Johns doing a Superman origin?
That's here.
A 6 issue story starting early 09.

Raoul
The Rucka part, or the Superman Origin part? Well, Rucka said the Flamebird and Nightwing thing was a 12 issue arc in his interview here. I imagine that Johns will pick up sometime after that. It's possible he just leaves it to Rucka, or someone else taking over I guess.. but he was getting a lot of praise for his Superman work, I don't see him being off of the book for long.

If you're talking about about Johns doing a Superman origin?
That's here.
A 6 issue story starting early 09.

i was talking about the origin part... yeesh, johns is singlehandedly redoing half of dc...

Juntai
i was talking about the origin part... yeesh, johns is singlehandedly redoing half of dc... The Superman thing should have come sooner if you ask me, because withall the pre-crisis tales back in his history now, we need a better idea of what to believe. One side of me that it'll cover and touch on everything like that, and one side hopes that it doesn't, because I tend to like stories better when I find a lot of stuff out gradually, and all the continuity is completely cemented. I dunno, Johns will knock another one out of the park though.

Raoul
The Superman thing should have come sooner if you ask me, because withall the pre-crisis tales back in his history now, we need a better idea of what to believe. One side of me that it'll cover and touch on everything like that, and one side hopes that it doesn't, because I tend to like stories better when I find a lot of stuff out gradually, and all the continuity is completely cemented. I dunno, Johns will knock another one out of the park though.

oh, no, im completely for it, lol...

just after gl, that'll be 2 of dc's biggest characters with origins by johns...

Juntai
oh, no, im completely for it, lol...

just after gl, that'll be 2 of dc's biggest characters with origins by johns... Don't forget Barry, Flash Rebirth.

Raoul
Don't forget Barry, Flash Rebirth.

i was thinking he was probably going to redo the flash after supes yeah lol...

Juntai
Or the fact that it was his Crisis, that got us here at all.

Juntai
i was thinking he was probably going to redo the flash after supes yeah lol... That project was announced a while back already. Same team from GL Rebirth.

Raoul
That project was announced a while back already. Same team from GL Rebirth.

yeah, but i don't think flash rebirth is a flash origin, more a reintroduction of barry than any one origin story...

Juntai
yeah, but i don't think flash rebirth is a flash origin, more a reintroduction of barry than any one origin story... Fair enough, but that might be next to the same thing, as far as Barry is concerned, he hasn't been around in 23 years.

Raoul
Fair enough, but that might be next to the same thing, as far as Barry is concerned, he hasn't been around in 23 years.

you could be right... i'd have to wonder though... i mean, at least with hal, there was at least some sort of 'we want him back because we remember how it used to be' sentiment, but as far as barry goes? how many people are saying they want him back purely out of some sense of nostalgia?

i mean, i know he is back and all, but still...

Juntai
you could be right... i'd have to wonder though... i mean, at least with hal, there was at least some sort of 'we want him back because we remember how it used to be' sentiment, but as far as barry goes? how many people are saying they want him back purely out of some sense of nostalgia?

i mean, i know he is back and all, but still... 1, judging from when I heard someone say the other day.

Raoul
1, judging from when I heard someone say the other day.

laughing out loud

honestly, what does he know?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.