Arthur's Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mairuzu
I thought about it and...

Okay, his power is to take away your powers correct?

What if he had the power to make you age as fast and as much as he wanted?

Since Adam doesn't have his healing factor anymore, Arthur made him age after taking away his power...

it makes sense

but complicated

Mairuzu
Was probably one of the powers he picked up along the way.

Blue_Hefner
I'm pretty sure Adam aged just because Arthur took his power.

Captain REX
Indeed, I don't think Arthur used another power to age Adam; it happened because Adam is four hundred years old.

No, that doesn't make total sense, but that's what the writers went with, I think. People have found problems with it because when Peter lost it he didn't have a shotgun blast appear in his chest or glass cuts in his brain or anything, but I don't think that is quite the same.

Adam's mind is still 400 years old, even if the cells repair themselves.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Captain REX
Indeed, I don't think Arthur used another power to age Adam; it happened because Adam is four hundred years old.

No, that doesn't make total sense, but that's what the writers went with, I think. People have found problems with it because when Peter lost it he didn't have a shotgun blast appear in his chest or glass cuts in his brain or anything, but I don't think that is quite the same.

Adam's mind is still 400 years old, even if the cells repair themselves.

That's the problem. Cells technically don't keep track of how old they are. They start to degrade and need to be repaired, but it's not done pefectly. They still have some signs of wear on them, which causes the body to break down and age.

Adam's body allowed his cells to repair themselves perfectly. So even though he was 400 years old, his cells were still in the same condition they were in back in feudal Japan. When his regeneration power was absorbed, his cells should have started to wear down like a normal human's would.

Mairuzu
I only thought of this because it seems less far fetched than what really happened.

Shadow_King
so has he taken away sylars ability from peter as well?

JayJohn85
Its a simple case which of the cells not doing there job because arthur took his power away...Angellica petrelli herself said that his cells have regenerated themshelves so many times that they began to actually actively degrade and regenerate in tandem making him immortal. This means that they didnt just not operate like a normal humans which only regenerates a cell that has degraded naturally over a period of time but actively degraded rapidly and then regenerated. Over and over again.

Adam lost powers= The cycle gets broken= Complete cellular breakdown=Dead.

In the case of Arthur yea his power is akin to his son's with one weakness we already know about he has to touch a person to gain there ability and another I suspect which will be revealed is that the powers arent completely taken away. Now I aint sure myself if this means older petrelli powers degrade over time and he needs to acquire them again but I would suspect this is not the case because he wouldnt kill adam unless of course he is well aware of clare's existance. This also means he doesnt really truly want to win peter over but he is retaining him for power top ups.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by JayJohn85
Its a simple case which of the cells not doing there job because arthur took his power away...Angellica petrelli herself said that his cells have regenerated themshelves so many times that they began to actually actively degrade and regenerate in tandem making him immortal. This means that they didnt just not operate like a normal humans which only regenerates a cell that has degraded naturally over a period of time but actively degraded rapidly and then regenerated. Over and over again.

Adam lost powers= The cycle gets broken= Complete cellular breakdown=Dead.

There's a problem with this. If his cells are dying and regenerating in equilibrium, then him getting shot, blown up, etc would also break the cycle, therefore he shouldn't be able to heal at all. His accelerated healing is being cancelled out by accelerated dying, thereby leaving his body in a sort of stasis. If a part of his body is removed or damaged, his cells can't do any extra work to heal that part of the body because they are already healing his constantly dying cells. If they took the time to heal his injury, his body would rapidly age.

Captain REX
I think the problem is that we are trying to analyze it scientifically when clearly Heroes has gone off the rails as far as being scientifically accurateis concerned. The first season some of it could have possibly been explained, but it is now all beyond that.

Red Nemesis
I just assumed that Arthur took something similar to 'Life Force'. A hero's power is included in this 'life force'. Arthur seems to have taken more out of Adam than from Peter.

Note: I'm a casual fan at best, and have only seen Season 2 and the current episodes- I'm woefully ignorant of Heroes mythology etc. Please feel free to explain why Mohinder's research disproves my idea. I'd love to know that he is for the most part correct (regarding the adrenaline etc.)

celestialdemon
I think the problem is that we are trying to analyze it scientifically when clearly Heroes has gone off the rails as far as being scientifically accurateis concerned. The first season some of it could have possibly been explained, but it is now all beyond that.

I agree. I just wish the series would follow its own set of rules.

Entity
Originally posted by celestialdemon
I agree. I just wish the series would follow its own set of rules. Agreed.
The biggest problem this season, IMO, has been the fact they've just thrown all their own rules out the window and are now doing things for no farther reasoning than just to do them to excite people. Not thinking of the long term consequences or plot issues the events will cause.

My boss is also a comic dork like me and loves the show but he's always a day or two behind me because he's gotta be at work when its on while I've got till an hour after its over. He's asked me more than once after getting his weekly update if they've changed writers or just went stupid on the story now.

Mairuzu
What he did to adam was like what that one girl did in the comic to the other people

Captain REX
Rogue in X-Men?

I don't think Arthur's power works quite the same way. Rogue borrowed powers, but it hurt the person whom she borrowed from. It did not deprive them of power, though.

Arthur apparently hurts the person, but it did not kill Peter. Peter is also, now, powerless.

Captain REX
Oh, also added Arthur's power to our reference database.

starlock
Rogue in X-Men?

I don't think Arthur's power works quite the same way. Rogue borrowed powers, but it hurt the person whom she borrowed from. It did not deprive them of power, though.

Arthur apparently hurts the person, but it did not kill Peter. Peter is also, now, powerless.

I think he ment in the online comic...Oh and rouge has killed people with her power...and she has taken carol danvers power leaving her in a coma....but i dont think Arthurs powers are like rouges....i think like some here that heroes is just flying blind...making up stuff to excite us and throw us into thoughtfull conversations...which to an extent is working.....but....i just dont buy that Arthur just comes back outta nowhere and now is the time he makes his presence known...no precog....no dreams fortelling his coming....i find it all a bit rushed and more of a wow factor

Mairuzu
Rogue in X-Men?

Arthur apparently hurts the person, but it did not kill Peter. Peter is also, now, powerless. no, the heroes graphic novel

Mairuzu
Originally posted by starlock
I think he ment in the online comic...Oh and rouge has killed people with her power...and she has taken carol danvers power leaving her in a coma....but i dont think Arthurs powers are like rouges....i think like some here that heroes is just flying blind...making up stuff to excite us and throw us into thoughtfull conversations...which to an extent is working.....but....i just dont buy that Arthur just comes back outta nowhere and now is the time he makes his presence known...no precog....no dreams fortelling his coming....i find it all a bit rushed and more of a wow factor They always change the future

Ushgarak
This is many degrees of magnitude simpler than people make it out to be. JayJohn85 pretty much has it, and celestialdemon's problem with it makes absolutely no sense at all. Why would being shot interrupt it? Why would anythijng interrupt it? That is a complete non sequitur. The only thing that interrupts it is if the power itself stops working.

So- very simple. Monroe's cells, after centuries of regeneration and resisting ageing, are on the verge of collapse. Only his healing factor keeps them in play. As soon as it goes, they go, and that's it.

That's all there will ever be to it.

Captain REX
Oh, Linda Tavara, right.

And yeah, that's basically what I was thinking happened with Adam. It makes sense and it's simple.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Ushgarak
This is many degrees of magnitude simpler than people make it out to be. JayJohn85 pretty much has it, and celestialdemon's problem with it makes absolutely no sense at all. Why would being shot interrupt it? Why would anythijng interrupt it? That is a complete non sequitur. The only thing that interrupts it is if the power itself stops working.

So- very simple. Monroe's cells, after centuries of regeneration and resisting ageing, are on the verge of collapse. Only his healing factor keeps them in play. As soon as it goes, they go, and that's it.

That's all there will ever be to it.

It does make sense. Angela said Adam's cells are dying as fast as they are healing. If an outside source causes his cells to die at an abnormally faster rate, how is his body supposed to compensate for that? It shouldn't be able to.

celestialdemon
Oh, Linda Tavara, right.

And yeah, that's basically what I was thinking happened with Adam. It makes sense and it's simple.

Linda's power was actually to steal life forces, and the side effect was she gained someone's power if he/she had one. The difference with Arthur is he didn't harm Peter in the slightest.

Mairuzu
Hmm, i wonder if arthur stole her power ermm

Blue_Hefner
lol

Captain REX
I know, Celestial.

As for Adam's body compensating for outside interruptions... well, it just does! Being shot is not interrupting the cycle of his cells regenerating, or his power would be absolutely useless.

If his cells are dying just as fast as they are regenerating and you take away the regenerating factor, then they are just dying.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Hmm, i wonder if arthur stole her power ermm

Nope. Linderman killed her when he was younger. Shot her dead when she tried to absorb his life force.

celestialdemon
I know, Celestial.

As for Adam's body compensating for outside interruptions... well, it just does! Being shot is not interrupting the cycle of his cells regenerating, or his power would be absolutely useless.

If his cells are dying just as fast as they are regenerating and you take away the regenerating factor, then they are just dying.

I understand that if you take away the regeneration factor, then they are just dying. My problem is if his body is dying just as fast as it's healing, then his body should not be able to recover from any other damage done to it, because it's too busy keeping the rest of his body from aging.

Mairuzu
Nope. Linderman killed her when he was younger. Shot her dead when she tried to absorb his life force. Thats right! that was linderman.. i keep thinking it was arthur

Mairuzu
I understand that if you take away the regeneration factor, then they are just dying. My problem is if his body is dying just as fast as it's healing, then his body should not be able to recover from any other damage done to it, because it's too busy keeping the rest of his body from aging. In other words.... overload

Ushgarak
I understand that if you take away the regeneration factor, then they are just dying. My problem is if his body is dying just as fast as it's healing, then his body should not be able to recover from any other damage done to it, because it's too busy keeping the rest of his body from aging.

That's just a fact you have completely made up though. No-one said it is dying as fast as it is healing, only that it is constanly healing and only that constant healing keeps him from falling apart.

There is no 'overload'. There is no problem. He is healing just fine- in fact, he does nothing BUT heal, which is why his cells stay intact. No amount of injury can change that.

celestialdemon
That's just a fact you have completely made up though. No-one said it is dying as fast as it is healing, only that it is constanly healing and only that constant healing keeps him from falling apart.

There is no 'overload'. There is no problem. He is healing just fine- in fact, he does nothing BUT heal, which is why his cells stay intact. No amount of injury can change that.

I didn't make it up. Maybe you should go back and look at some old episodes. Angela herself said Adam's cells were dying and regenerating at the same rate, which is what stopped his aging. Try researching before accusing someone of making something up.

Ushgarak
'At the same rate' as in he is stable. Not as in ALL his healing power was being used to stop it. That is evident nonsense else he wouldn't be able to heal at all.

You've completely mis-interpreted what she said. The natural conclusion to that would be 'so therefore resisting ageing is not using up all his healing power' (which has no limits anyway), not, as some people have jumped to, 'this makes the way he dies make no internal sense.'

You people are making up problems were there are none. It's ridiculous. This was a very simple thing that you are taking absurd exception to.

The much, much bigger problem here is not any internal logic problem, but a 'crappy storytelling' problem, as this whole incident was an absurd waste of Monroe (who was actially aninteresting, amusing and well-acted character, far better than any of the crappy new villains seen this season so far) and seems just a plot cul-de-sac for Hiro that you do wonder if there are too many episodes in the season, so they have to make irrelevant things happen.

celestialdemon
Adam doesn't heal instantly. It takes a few seconds for his body to repair the damage. When Arthur took his power, Adam aged hundreds of years and turned to dust at a rate similar to his healing. So if every cell in his body is dying, then every is healing itself. There's no cells left to repair any other damage. If they did, then Adam should age in the time it takes to do the repair.

celestialdemon
In other words.... overload

Exactly.

Ushgarak
There's no cells left to repair any other damage.

See, again, that's just you making a fact up. As if the power even works on 'how many cells he has available'. That's all extra complicatiion you put in for no reason. Why would you think it works like that?

And again, saying 'overload' assumes that his healing power is 100% taken up by resisitng ageing, even though we have absolutely no reason to think that at all- none. he has a healing factor something within his genetic make-up. Evidently, it has a limitless power; it cannot be overloaded in any way at all.

So then your final sentence:

"If they did, then Adam should age in the time it takes to do the repair."

Makes no sense at all- it is based upon an entirely false, unsupported assumption.

Bardock42
I understand that if you take away the regeneration factor, then they are just dying. My problem is if his body is dying just as fast as it's healing, then his body should not be able to recover from any other damage done to it, because it's too busy keeping the rest of his body from aging. I think your deductions don't follow from what we know. Personally, what you think should have happened, is also what would have made more sense to me, but there is nothing illogical about him aging quickly, it is just a different look at how healing factors and cells work.

celestialdemon
See, again, that's just you making a fact up. As if the power even works on 'how many cells he has available'. That's all extra complicatiion you put in for no reason. Why would you think it works like that?

And again, saying 'overload' assumes that his healing power is 100% taken up by resisitng ageing, even though we have absolutely no reason to think that at all- none. he has a healing factor something within his genetic make-up. Evidently, it has a limitless power; it cannot be overloaded in any way at all.

Because every cell in his body is being used to to heal the dying of every cell in his body. If every cell in his body is being used to prevent themselves from aging at an extremely rapid rate, then how are they going to repair a wound?

You're right. We don't know for sure if 100% of his healing factor was used to keep him from aging. What we do know is that when his power was taken away, his body aged at a rate that was at least as fast as I've ever seen him heal. Since his healing is constantly working as fast as it can to keep him alive, it's my opinion that it shouldn't have been able to heal anything else.

It wasn't limitless. Even Adam feared taking a shotgun blast to the head. Plus, his body didn't heal until the arrows he was shot with were removed. So there is a limit.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think your deductions don't follow from what we know. Personally, what you think should have happened, is also what would have made more sense to me, but there is nothing illogical about him aging quickly, it is just a different look at how healing factors and cells work.

Actually, there is something illogical. If not having his power anymore would cause him to age quickly, then he would have died already in the presence of the Haitian.

Captain REX
I think Ush is right about 'crappy storytelling' as far as that goes, Celestial. But he has it right about the genetic make-up of his cell regeneration. The cells can heal physical damage while healing the aging damage simultaneously.

celestialdemon
I think Ush is right about 'crappy storytelling' as far as that goes, Celestial. But he has it right about the genetic make-up of his cell regeneration. The cells can heal physical damage while healing the aging damage simultaneously.

Then the question remains. Why doesn't Adam age rapidly when the Haitian has turned off his regeneration?

Entity
Then the question remains. Why doesn't Adam age rapidly when the Haitian has turned off his regeneration? When have we seen the Haitian do this? Because to my knowledge we never saw the Haitian and Adam together except for when he and Peter were running form the Haitian and that was only for like a second if even that and even if the Haitian was near Adam doesn't mean he turned his ability off, its not exactly an ability that's really a thread to him. erm

Captain REX
It might have to do with the fact that abilities are tied in down to a genetic level... but I really couldn't say. The Haitian keeps people from accessing their abilities, so... perhaps a flaw on the part of the writers?

Entity
It might have to do with the fact that abilities are tied in down to a genetic level... but I really couldn't say. The Haitian keeps people from accessing their abilities, so... perhaps a flaw on the part of the writers? Funny you mentioned that, I was actually thinking about the genetic aspect of the show at work tonight.

See when we began it'd said they were genetically based but now they're changing that and claiming Mohinder's father was wrong all along and its adrenalin and hormone based. (Which I think is just more retarded horseshit! but that's me.) So if that's the case I was wondering why in five years gone it was so hard for Mohinder to suppress them. Not even to mention that in five years he was never able to figure it out but the answer was a variation of a virus his sister was apparently the patient zero for and who it was named after. erm (Mohinders a retarded scientist) But now seriously if the abilities are really adrenalin based then why the hell can't we come up with many ways to surprise them? confused

I donno I could just understand the genetic aspect of it all allot better and it just made more sense with all parts of the show. Like when Mohinder said he couldn't do anything about it because it was hard coded into their D.N.A., that made sense to me. If fact it just worked better all around with the gaining them and how they were so hard to take away but if its all about your hormones then shit, just give them some hormones to balance them out or whatever and stabilize, kill or activate powers. Its just another retarded thing they've done this season.

I really think the writers are just getting sloppy this year. The shows just becoming about bank. Nothing more!

Captain REX
It still has to be genetically-based (since DNA gives the codes for creating adrenaline and hormones as it is), but adrenaline and hormones are the triggers for the powers. At least that is what I understood. Not to mention that genetics seems to determine what power a person gets, as genetics are what define all traits in the human body naturally.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Entity
When have we seen the Haitian do this? Because to my knowledge we never saw the Haitian and Adam together except for when he and Peter were running form the Haitian and that was only for like a second if even that and even if the Haitian was near Adam doesn't mean he turned his ability off, its not exactly an ability that's really a thread to him. erm

Adam was a prisoner of the Company for 30 years. The Haitian has been an employee of the Company since he was a young teenager. According to Adam, the Company locked him up because they couldn't figure out a way to kill him. It seems highly unlikely that this group of brilliant people never once thought to use the Haitian's ability against him.

Bardock42
Adam was a prisoner of the Company for 30 years. The Haitian has been an employee of the Company since he was a young teenager. According to Adam, the Company locked him up because they couldn't figure out a way to kill him. It seems highly unlikely that this group of brilliant people never once thought to use the Haitian's ability against him.

We only have Adam's word for it (and he wasn't the most trustworthy of persons).

Entity
Adam was a prisoner of the Company for 30 years. The Haitian has been an employee of the Company since he was a young teenager. According to Adam, the Company locked him up because they couldn't figure out a way to kill him. It seems highly unlikely that this group of brilliant people never once thought to use the Haitian's ability against him. Another thing that makes sense to me is that the Haitian's ability isn't really to turn off abilities at all but rather his powers are memory based. So when he's close to abilities he is able to make them not exactly remember how they work thereby canceling them out all together but, someone like Adam and Claire's abilities are not active powers but passive. So they never have to think about their abilities they just work automatically naturally.

You can't really block that with any memory tricks.

Captain REX
That kind of makes sense. I was going to say that the Haitian seems to be able to stop powers that require concentration. He never actually takes them away and something so inherent in Adam's body functions may keep functioning at a basic level so that he does not age.

Peter reputedly needs to think about people and remember them in order to recall their power, so it must require concentration for him to regenerate, which is why Future Peter may not have been able to access it after being shot, with the Haitian nearby.

S_D_J
Reading through the thread I see it has shifted from "why Adam die?" to incoherence, plot holes and just about every illogical aspect the show has... big grin ... funny.

I don't think you can analyze the show on scientifically level, cuz it's inherently wrong. The explanation as to why people have abilities is as acceptable as the X-men "mutation" explanation...

it's evolution, baby... and I can go along with that.

but once you get to analyze how these power works... or even how they are somewhat possible in the real world, then it all goes to hell.
I accept the theories or explanation given in the show, because to an extent they help to advance the story (usually their are just plot devices) ... nothing more than a convenient solution to stop thinking about how it works and just watch a man fly, another stop time, and other two beat the hell out of each other using flames and bolts (... and we're FINALLY getting some of that)

I accept them, but not necessarily like them... The presence of Arthur gives the show much needed focus (and hopefully they keep it for a while) and somewhat of and intriguing villain... but it's wrong in so many levels... starting with why it has powers..., the same goes with Sylar Petrelli and the constant future changing, but at least it seems to be finding it's footing... at last.

About Adam: I too like him, he was one of the best character in the show... but given how things are now... he was completely useless, they shouldn't have killed him... but it's done.

The thing about trying to explain WHY Adam die has nothing to do with how he died, but how people don't accept his death.

So: how does Arthur have powers?... has he always had them? I hope not... I thinking he got them using the formula... that's one explanation I have no trouble with...

Captain REX
I'm not sure. I am guessing he had a power before... but we'll know more as more comes out about Arthur through the show.

celestialdemon
We only have Adam's word for it (and he wasn't the most trustworthy of persons).

Yet he would have no reason to lie about this.

celestialdemon
Another thing that makes sense to me is that the Haitian's ability isn't really to turn off abilities at all but rather his powers are memory based. So when he's close to abilities he is able to make them not exactly remember how they work thereby canceling them out all together but, someone like Adam and Claire's abilities are not active powers but passive. So they never have to think about their abilities they just work automatically naturally.

You can't really block that with any memory tricks.

Could be possible. However, back when Peter was "killed" by Sylar, all it took was Claire removing the glass from the back of his head to revive him. So, Peter couldn't think of healing himself, because he was basically dead.

Captain REX
Yeah, that was what put a hole in my theory with Peter's need for concentration. Though perhaps his body unconsciously started doing it? I can't be sure, I don't make the show.

Bardock42
Yet he would have no reason to lie about this.

Make Peter feel sympathetic?

Anyways, why wouldn't Arthur have had a power from the start?

Entity
Could be possible. However, back when Peter was "killed" by Sylar, all it took was Claire removing the glass from the back of his head to revive him. So, Peter couldn't think of healing himself, because he was basically dead. What do you mean However?

That entire post completely agreed and backed my theory?
Maybe I miss understood and you were meaning too but it seemed as though you were trying to disagree with me.

Just curious! confused

celestialdemon
What do you mean However?

That entire post completely agreed and backed my theory?
Maybe I miss understood and you were meaning too but it seemed as though you were trying to disagree with me.

Just curious! confused

I think I combined yours and Rex's posts. You said that the Haitian's power dampening may work by making people "forget" how to access their powers, which is why it wouldn't work on Claire or Adam, because theirs is always on.

Rex also said that it's possible that's the reason why Future Peter couldn't heal himself, because he had to concentrate to heal since it wasn't his natural power.

In either case, the writers screwed up. The Haitian was able to block Future Peter's regeneration so Claire could kill him. But Peter shouldn't need to remember how to heal, because he was able to heal even after he was "dead" when the glass was removed from the back of his head.

celestialdemon
Yeah, that was what put a hole in my theory with Peter's need for concentration. Though perhaps his body unconsciously started doing it? I can't be sure, I don't make the show.

I think we can just chalk it up to the writers' screwing up.

celestialdemon
Make Peter feel sympathetic?

You would think Adam telling Peter they kept him trapped for 30 years for no reason whatsoever or to experiment on him would have won more sympathy.

Anyways, why wouldn't Arthur have had a power from the start?

confused I never said he didn't.

Bardock42
You would think Adam telling Peter they kept him trapped for 30 years for no reason whatsoever or to experiment on him would have won more sympathy.

confused I never said he didn't.

Oh sorry, the second wasn't talking to you. But to the others in this thread wondering about it.

Captain REX
Yeah, I'll chalk it up to that, Celestial. I hope at some point they try to release a comprehensive guide to all the rules on the show, as far as powers go...

As for Arthur, Mr. Petrelli featured in a webcomic with a young Linderman. He did not use any powers and thought that Linderman was a freak when he used his healing power. But I am guessing he just had not triggered them yet.

Quincy
As for Arthur, Mr. Petrelli featured in a webcomic with a young Linderman. He did not use any powers and thought that Linderman was a freak when he used his healing power. But I am guessing he just had not triggered them yet.

because the heroes writers had not thought it through.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Quincy
because the heroes writers had not thought it through. in reality yeah, but we're talking about in the story.

I wonder if Arthur can give abilities that he's taken back...

JayJohn85
There's a problem with this. If his cells are dying and regenerating in equilibrium, then him getting shot, blown up, etc would also break the cycle, therefore he shouldn't be able to heal at all. His accelerated healing is being cancelled out by accelerated dying, thereby leaving his body in a sort of stasis. If a part of his body is removed or damaged, his cells can't do any extra work to heal that part of the body because they are already healing his constantly dying cells. If they took the time to heal his injury, his body would rapidly age.

This is true but my explanation is what the show quoted its a science fiction show and as far as I know no one in the world like adam exists big grin Therefore I cant possibly scientifically explain it but in my ignorance of biology I will simply say one thing: If a person gets more than one cut, Cant he or she heal provided it aint fatal of course roll eyes (sarcastic)
In short your body adapts to the workload, which is the case for adam but this is all dependant of course on his power which when stripped screws it all up.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Strangelove
in reality yeah, but we're talking about in the story.

I wonder if Arthur can give abilities that he's taken back... Wouldn't it defeat the purpose of the formula?

Bardock42
Wouldn't it defeat the purpose of the formula? Why?

Mairuzu
If he could already give powers.

edit: Just noticed the "back"

Strangelove
Yeah, I don't like the way I structured that sentence.

I wonder if Arthur can give back the powers that he's taken.

Mairuzu
No idea. I wonder how peter will get his powers back

Entity
No idea. I wonder how peter will get his powers back Formula! Then meets daddy again!

All my money's on that one or him not getting them back at all.
Normally I wouldn't think that but we've already seen how they can't seem to write him with the abilities so this may be a permanent solution for them. erm

Still I'm going with my first option and praying that's what happens

Mairuzu
Okay, my guess will be...

Sylar will give Peter a dose of the formula, since Sylar is the key to "understanding it" correct?

The ability Peter will get... is...

hmm

Mairuzu
I'd be kind of pissed if he doesn't get his original power back.

Hiro really screwed things up. I hope he dies erm

Bardock42
Hiro is like the best character.

Mairuzu
Season 1 he was a pretty cool character.

Season 2, i didnt really care for that much

and now in season 3, hes still an idiot

Entity
I'd be kind of pissed if he doesn't get his original power back.

Hiro really screwed things up. I hope he dies erm Yea I've thought of that too but according to the show your power is determined by your own body chemistry. So it should just return his original ability.

But we've already seen how the show is about following its own rules!

As for Hiro, yea even looking at that note was retarded but not going back and just replacing it with gibberish before he got to it is even more retarded IMO, it's really a simple fix but that's got allot to do with why they're gonna stop that in the show.

Hiro's power should really fix most problems quite easily.

S_D_J
Yea I've thought of that too but according to the show your power is determined by your own body chemistry. So it should just return his original ability.

But we've already seen how the show is about following its own rules!

As for Hiro, yea even looking at that note was retarded but not going back and just replacing it with gibberish before he got to it is even more retarded IMO, it's really a simple fix but that's got allot to do with why they're gonna stop that in the show.

Hiro's power should really fix most problems quite easily.

just as easily as it creates problems

Entity
Originally posted by S_D_J
just as easily as it creates problems true but if you just slow down and use your head most problems could be avoided.

Like just going back and changing the note to gibberish. That would have solved this whole people with powers thing and he wouldn't have known that it was gibberish he was holding when they snached it. Then he could just come up with the same plan again and there's no paradox. Even thou this show appearently never has that problem anyway.

Strangelove
Okay, my guess will be...

Sylar will give Peter a dose of the formula, since Sylar is the key to "understanding it" correct?

The ability Peter will get... is...

hmm well, considering that Peter was born with his ability, then it could be assumed that if he was injected with the formula, he would get that power back.

Mairuzu
Ah thats awesome then

Darth Vicious
Rogue in X-Men?

I would it is Rogue. A Rogue in complete control of her powers as Arthur seems to be.

Captain REX
Minus killing people and absorbing their personalities, of course.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.