Quasar vs Kyle Rayner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superman XX5
Quasar

Vs

Green Lantern Kyle Rayner

big grin

kgkg
Similar thread has been done before

I say Quasar because he one of the best absorber out there

shokosugi
Quasar takes this

Stoic
Quasar

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Stoic
Quasar

Loses smile

Wild Shadow
quasar ftw.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
quasar ftw.

BruceSkywalker
Quasar ftw

leonidas
kyle. GL's are retarded energy absorbers as well. this would come to a battle of wills and i think kyle's got the better feats in that department, though i'd give wendell SLIGHTLY better odds here than i would against hall.

6/10 kyle

Wild Shadow
has any body ever absorbed a GL's energy from the ring or construct?

Enyalus
has any body ever absorbed a GL's energy from the ring or construct?
Absorbed? Err...off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you. Besides members of the other Corps' out there currently (Sinestro Corps, etc.) Manipulated said energy from the constructs and rings? Yes. Many times.

But Quasar would certainly be able to drain the ring, anyway. He's drained exotic things like the Power Cosmic before, and even a freakin' Infinity Gem.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Enyalus
Absorbed? Err...off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you. Besides members of the other Corps' out there currently (Sinestro Corps, etc.) Manipulated said energy from the constructs and rings? Yes. Many times.

But Quasar would certainly be able to drain the ring, anyway. He's drained exotic things like the Power Cosmic before, and even a freakin' Infinity Gem.
manipulate? how and who? other then another ring wielder

Enyalus
manipulate? how and who? other then anothe ring wielder
Dr. Light comes immediately to mind. And Lea Nelson (Tangent Universe's Flash) did so to Ion 2 (Kyle.)

Oh, Zatanna, too.

AlmightyKfish
Black Hand was able to manipulate their light with the rod thing he got from Atrocitus.

psycho gundam
quasar can take this.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Quasar but it's a good fight. Q 8/10

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Enyalus

How do you know, though? GL's energy is will power. It's not apart of the EM spectrum. It's not even like power cosmic. And even if he has the capability to do it, who's to say Kyle won't adapt? i think high end lanterns like hal, kyle, kilowog, or garnder can fight off energy absorbers. they have in the past.

starlock
Quasar for the win......if its Wendal!

D_Dude1210
Quasar 10/10.

It'll be a looooooong drawn out fight, but GL rings have limits while the Qbands can just absorb anything the GL rings can dish out to power itself. So, after a long battle of atrition, Quasar wins.

id369

Prep-Man

Tazer
Yo.

Kyle has the bigger AND better feats............FTW.

Elvis makes him work for it however, and if it comes to h2h then Id give *him* the win.

Tazer

King Castle
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

Kyle has the bigger AND better feats............FTW.

Elvis makes him work for it however, and if it comes to h2h then Id give *him* the win.

Tazer what better feats?

it comes down to how they fight and how they do with other similar characters and situations not what they bench so to speak but how they punch and fight and how hard they hit and in turn can take.

of course i am referring to their energy attacks not necessarily actual h2h

Rage.Of.Olympus
Kyle.

Desaad
Originally posted by King Castle
what better feats?

Uh, creating planets out of meteors, containing super novas, holding back the energies of the big bang, containing black holes, stabilizing the earth, containing the moon, holding back a moving moon, creating Heaven's Ladder. Kyle is the king of big space cheese feats.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, post crisis Kyle was insane. Crazy imagination plus upgraded Green Lantern Ring = Win.

F*ck Hal Jordan.

Edit: Do you by any chance post on HC?

Desaad
Hal Jordan was and is considerably more effective and versatile than Kyle Rayner. But Kyle definitely had 'bigger' cheese feats, probably the biggest and best of any character around. Heaven's Ladder, specifically, is probably the greatest showing of force any top tier has ever had.

And Herochat has been down for months now, but yes at one point I did post there.

King Castle
Originally posted by Desaad
Uh, creating planets out of meteors, containing super novas, holding back the energies of the big bang, containing black holes, stabilizing the earth, containing the moon, holding back a moving moon, creating Heaven's Ladder. Kyle is the king of big space cheese feats. and yet none of that matters when he is facing an individual with a strong equal or superior will.. holding or creating constructs with no sentience is different then an individual...

similar to the fight Gand had with the guy who made the same point when he fired at him and broke down the construct shield.

although not Kyle similar things still happen to kyle from time to time based on will and strain of battle.

Quasar has similar high end feats but those are not the reason i think he wins rather how he holds up in actual conflict with particular herald beings.

Quasar has an advantage of how his energy manipulation works over other energy type attacks.

He has been able to redirect the phoenix(Rachel) attacks which are psionic in nature close enough to Will while fighting another opponent two against one.

Question for Kyle is how well does he maintian shields and constructs against beings like Superman, Wonder woman and others during combat not how he can concentrate and make a planet...

John steward also has high end solar system feats but that isnt the normal depiction of his power and isnt under stress of combat nor is he represented on average in battle to be capable of such feats.

Desaad
Originally posted by King Castle
and yet none of that matters when he is facing an individual with a strong equal or superior will.. holding or creating constructs with no sentience is different then an individual...

Sure, battle effectiveness is something different. But I responded to "what feats" with a number of feats far beyond what Quasar (any version of Quasar) has accomplished.

No, he doesn't have any feats like that. Quite the contrary, he (and Phyla) have had problems maintaining their own shield integrity near a sun, much less containing the nova of one of them.

In regards to his record against other characters, I'd be more inclined to agree that they are comparable. But in regards to big, flashy, space cheese feats, Kyle is king, beyond even my favorites.

It's an advantage that is debatable given the unknown nature of Oan energy and the fact that it, too, is responsive to will/user.

He's actually specifically been unable to manipulate psionic energies, as was the case against the creature from Thor (soul eater, or something?). Pheonix Rachel was more a cosmic manipulator of energies.

Well, that's somewhat disingenuous, since against Superman specifically he's got some psychological hero-worship issues. And it's less 'how well does he maintain his shields against those people' and more "how well is he able to multi-task and effectively apply his powers to incapacitate or defeat a foe'.

His battle track record is, I suspect, about on par with Wendell's.

I thought this board was all PIS/CIS off or some nonsense? Doesn't that mean that it would apply?

King Castle
i dont know how he is unable to maintain his shields inside a sun since he has bn diving into suns for decades from rescuing ppl to even drawin in and siphoning an energy source equal or similar to a sun from far a far distance light years away once he locks on it.

this battle forum has Cis on and PIS off you can decide which is which.

Prep-Man
Kyle.

zopzop
He's actually specifically been unable to manipulate psionic energies, as was the case against the creature from Thor (soul eater, or something?). Pheonix Rachel was more a cosmic manipulator of energies.

You are correct. I had posted scans from Quasar proving he has no control over psionic energy.

The scans were from one issue before the Phoenix fight and one or two issues after. He stated on panel he has no control over them. So whatever energy the Rachel was hurling at him was within the EM Spectrum and not psionic.

Unless the GL rings use energy within the EM spectrum, Kyle slaughters Quasar.

Warlord

quanchi112
Quasar wins.

Prep-Man
Uh, creating planets out of meteors, containing super novas, holding back the energies of the big bang, containing black holes, stabilizing the earth, containing the moon, holding back a moving moon, creating Heaven's Ladder. Kyle is the king of big space cheese feats.

The Big bang feat was just crazy. Does Kyle still have to recharge?

rotiart
Originally posted by Prep-Man
How do you know, though? GL's energy is will power. It's not apart of the EM spectrum. It's not even like power cosmic. And even if he has the capability to do it, who's to say Kyle won't adapt? i think high end lanterns like hal, kyle, kilowog, or garnder can fight off energy absorbers. they have in the past.

Dr light was able to manipulatenit because it was light...
Light is something quasar can manipulate too...

Desaad
Originally posted by rotiart
Dr light was able to manipulatenit because it was light...
Light is something quasar can manipulate too...

Dr. Light can manipulate things outside of the EM spectrum, including magical energy. And there are specific instances of Dr. Light (evil) being UNABLE to manipulate Green Lantern energy because it was so different/foreign.

With the revelation that it is essentially collected universal psionic 'life force' energy, it seems more unlikely than ever that it is just straight up EM energy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.