Soundtracks that made the movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
As we all know, music and sound is one of the most important aspects of a movie and in some cases the quality is determined specifically by it's musical composition. What are a few movies that you feel rely entirely on the soundtrack. What movie's wouldn't be the same with a different musical score?

I'm going to start off with the most obvious...,Star Wars. This sci-fi story was transformed into an epic space opera because of it's incredible score. I don't believe there would have been a sequel without John Williams Score.

Halloween. The score turns the slow paced development into a daunting and suspenseful classic

Requiem for a dream. The music is very haunting and surreal. Coupled with raw directing the music bleeds through the screen and almost strangles you into a panic attack.

Well, there are a lot of movie's out there that would have a completely different tone with different music. These are just a few that i feel rely on the music as much as they do subject content. Lets hear your suggestions

siriuswriter
A lot of older movies depended even more on their soundtracks. One that sticks out in my mind is Casablanca. Originally, they used the "As Time Goes By" song, which was a not-very-popular song out in the real world. After the score was finished, the producers wanted to change "As Time Goes By" to an original song, but the composer had put elements of that song into the rest of the score - so they stuck with it.

Any film that John Williams has written for is significant - Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Superman... He definitely leaves his mark on his films.

jaden101
lock stock and two smoking barrels was improved immeasurably by a brilliant soundtrack

mean streets: an interview i watched last night with Phil Spector showed that he almost took out an injunction on the film because it used his songs without his permission...he bartered a deal with scorcese that he would have rights to have songs in his future movies...

Mr Parker
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Any film that John Williams has written for is significant - Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Superman... He definitely leaves his mark on his films.

yeah definetly.I also want to add the theme song to the rocky movies ,the one for Stripes and at least the first omen movie was aslo really scary mostly cause of the music in it, and of course Footloose would not have been a great movie without its music.

DarkC
Basically any movie that had Danny Elfman's music.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by DarkC
Basically any movie that had Danny Elfman's music.

Yeah, he also has a very distinctive style.

BackFire
Definitely Requiem for a Dream.

The movie is outstanding on its own, but the music enhances it perfectly.

I also really like the music in 28 Days Later.

Rogue Jedi
Last of the Mohicans

Selphie
Originally posted by BackFire
Definitely Requiem for a Dream.

The movie is outstanding on its own, but the music enhances it perfectly.

I also really like the music in 28 Days Later.

I was going to mention 28 Days Later as well. So chilling, adds extremely well to the movie. In fact, it probably wouldn't even be as scary if it wasn't for the music.

Kazenji
GhostBusters

Myth
Most horror films.

Jet Li's The One.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Last of the Mohicans

Enya rocks, Promentory is a great piece of music.

That reminds me of the gladiator score, Hans Zimmer and Enya. That is probably my favorite movie soundtrack.

This is aces

7EnnCh3a8g8

Myth
How about any musical.

ragesRemorse
no, those are gay. It has to be a real movie.

goodluck
Surprised nobody said Juno yet. smile

cruel jedi
probably ghost busters a legend of a theme tune

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
What are a few movies that you feel rely entirely on the soundtrack. What movie's wouldn't be the same with a different musical score?

Indiana Jones and The Exorcist.There is also The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Then there is Saturday Night Fever and Grease.

As for movies with a change in soundtrack....there is the Batman franchise which broke away from the Danny Elfman theme and took on a different but succesful path.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Enya rocks, Promentory is a great piece of music.

That reminds me of the gladiator score, Hans Zimmer and Enya. That is probably my favorite movie soundtrack.

This is aces

7EnnCh3a8g8 Clannad FTW.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.