Kratos vs Snake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
1. No weapons, just bare hands.
2. Yes weapons, no magic
3. A battle in the forest, yes weapons no magic
4. All out battle in a gym
5. A game of chess

Nemesis X
Do you even realize how big a spite this match is?

Snake vs. Kratos.... What the f**k?

As cool as Snake is, he gets mauled by the God of War.

Dark-Jaxx
no expression

Nemesis X
1: Kratos
2: Kratos
3: Kratos
4: Kratos
5: Errrrrr....I don't know actually.

Hewhoknowsall
Come on guys! I mean, sure Kratos has taken down gods, but every time it was with help (pandora's box, tricking Zeus). And yeah he's taken out Ceburous, but Snake has taken out Metal Gears before and tanks. Comparing Ceburous to Metal Gear is like comparing a T-rex to a tank.

Tank wins. big grin

Sado22
Kratos kills snake. rips him in half actually and gives one piece to liquid and one to solidus. this is not even a match. you're talking about a guy who physically over powered giant demons, tore men in half and godknows what else. Snake has insane endurance and stamina but as much as i like Big Boss, he can't beat Kratos hand to hand. even with CQC, it'll be a btch cuz all kratos needs is to get his hands on Snake.

Kratos: I AM THE GOD OF WAR!
Snake: *head shot*

*head shot*
more experience in forests, great shooter.

*ripps snake in half and gives him to liquid and solidus again*
not a fight again.

about the only match that isn't spite. Snake was somewhat impatient himself but Kratos never struck me as a tactile genius. in his best days he did a frontal attack with 5000 soldiers. on his worse days he took on gods and demons and whatnot on his own.

~Sado

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
2. Yes weapons, no magic
5. A game of chess 1. Kratos rips him in half.

2. Kratos rips him in half.

3. Kratos rips him in half.

4. Kratos rips him in half.

5. Snake beats Kratos after a good game...Then in anger Kratos rips him in half. no expression

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
1. Kratos rips him in half.

2. Kratos rips him in half.

3. Kratos rips him in half.

4. Kratos rips him in half.

5. Snake beats Kratos after a good game...Then in anger Kratos rips him in half. no expression

Can Kratos withstand rocket launchers? And how does he win in a jungle fight? Snake has more experience to stealthy situations.

Dark-Jaxx
Can Kratos withstand rocket launchers? And how does he win in a jungle fight? Snake has more experience to stealthy situations. Considering he was thrown about a mile and through at least 10 feet worth of stone feeling, and felt fine enough to have a threesome right after, yes, yes he can.

Kratos can also just send them back at Snake.

Jungle fight? Kratos burns the forest down. And if Snake does any fancy BS CQC stealth shit...Kratos just falls him in a single blow.

Hewhoknowsall
Considering he was thrown about a mile and through at least 10 feet worth of stone feeling, and felt fine enough to have a threesome right after, yes, yes he can.

Kratos can also just send them back at Snake.

Jungle fight? Kratos burns the forest down. And if Snake does any fancy BS CQC stealth shit...Kratos just falls him in a single blow.

I have GOW, but haven't played much of it. Has Kratos beaten anyone on par with a metal gear FACE TO FACE (not hiding behind a deck and doing a bunch of minigames.)

Kraken doesn't cound because a metal gear could probably take it down, and he never fought all the hydra heads at once.

Gods don't count either because every time he cheated/got help.

First_Tsurugi06
I have GOW, but haven't played much of it. Has Kratos beaten anyone on par with a metal gear FACE TO FACE (not hiding behind a deck and doing a bunch of minigames.)

Kraken doesn't cound because a metal gear could probably take it down, and he never fought all the hydra heads at once.

Gods don't count either because every time he cheated/got help.

You mean aside from the Colossus of Rhodes, Minotaur of Pandora's Temple, the Hydra's main head, the Sisters of Fate, or at least half a dozen cyclopses? All of whom he took on singlehandedly btw, and at least two of whom would wreck a Metal Gear out of sheer size and physical power.

It's also not like Metal Gear REX could take all the Hydra heads at once. Its main head alone was larger than REX or RAY, was fast enough in its own right, and the only reason it was killed was because of Kratos sheer brute strength which would probably help him do to something like REX what he did to the Colossus of Rhodes when it tried to crush him under its foot.

Of his fights with the Gods, Kratos only got "help" in his battle with Ares. He took Zeus and Persephone on his own. It was them who had been helped fighting Kratos; Kratos would've killed Zeus had Athena not arrived, and even with Atlas pounding the tower for half the fight with Persephone before being ordered to kill Kratos (which he failed at), Kratos still killed Persephone. The only reason the Gods wouldn't count is because it just tips the scales even further in Kratos' favor.

Wil7
1. Kratos badly
2. Kratos badly
3. Kratos badly
4. Kratos badly
5. Snake

Dark-Jaxx

Gods don't count either because every time he cheated/got help. Well let's see, he beat the Minotaur of Pandora which was about as big as the MGs. He beat a gigantic Collossus of Rhodes, and at one point tossed it a mile away when it tried to crush him. He beat the Sisters of Fate, who control the very fabric of time itself. He was able to hold his own to Zeus in combat, but when overpowered, I admit he had to resort to trickery. He overpowered the Hydra. He killed the Kraken, actually was able to break its grip when using Rage of the Titans. He killed Euryale, who was 30 feet long and could turn a living creature to stone with a look. Kratos was able to resist being crushed by Atlas for God's sake, who in GOW is at least holding up the crust of the planet, though in Greek Legend it is much more.

First_Tsurugi06
To specify on my opinion:

1. No amount of CQC experience will save Snake from someone whose strength, durabilty, and killer instinct are as high a level as someone who can whitstand being caught in a giant reptile's jaws and subsequently slammed into a wall, only to slam said reptile's head to the ground the moment it attempts to attack again. Kratos would probably be able to saunter through Snake's attacks, and (literally) tear him apart.

2. Kratos doesn't even know what the hell a gun is, which are the only weapons Snake tends to use. Nevertheless, Kratos has the means to send any projectile right back at the sender two fold. Snake's best weapons tend to have infinite ammo, or the capcuty to destroy things like a Gekko with a powerful enough shot. One or two of Kratos' weapons also have projectile properties, and just one swing from the Blade of Olympus reduced a city's worth of soldiers into bloody heaps of empty armor. It depends on how you want to look at it.

3. If Kratos can take fighting hordes of demons in the Underworld, he can take one man in a forest. Though I would say this also depends on how you want to look at it.

4. Immense spite. With or without his God of War form (which would allow Kratos to kill an entire army full of someone like Snake with just a single gesture), Kratos wins this.

5. Doesn't matter. I'd beat either one of them.

Wei Phoenix
is it just me or does anyone from the comic vs forums get the feeling that this guy is just going to one day break out and start singing 50 Cent whip ya head boy?

k1Lla441
2. Yes weapons, no magic
5. A game of chess

1. kratos, rips his head off
2. kratos, chops him with a huge ass combo
3. kratos, picks up tree and kills him with it
4. snake, cus hes better. lol jk kratos pwns.
5. kratos, he was the leader of the spartan army, got through pandoras temple which takes plenty of knowledge, and has the ablility to intimidate snake lol. It would be a great match, but in the end i think kratos has the knowledge to win. But DJ's ending is kickass.

all forums here are free.

Kirikaze Fuuma
2. Yes weapons, no magic
5. A game of chess

1. Kratos
2. Kratos
3. Snake
4. Kratos
5. ???

he from beyond
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
You mean aside from the Colossus of Rhodes, Minotaur of Pandora's Temple, the Hydra's main head, the Sisters of Fate, or at least half a dozen cyclopses? All of whom he took on singlehandedly btw, and at least two of whom would wreck a Metal Gear out of sheer size and physical power.

It's also not like Metal Gear REX could take all the Hydra heads at once. Its main head alone was larger than REX or RAY, was fast enough in its own right, and the only reason it was killed was because of Kratos sheer brute strength which would probably help him do to something like REX what he did to the Colossus of Rhodes when it tried to crush him under its foot.

Of his fights with the Gods, Kratos only got "help" in his battle with Ares. He took Zeus and Persephone on his own. It was them who had been helped fighting Kratos; Kratos would've killed Zeus had Athena not arrived, and even with Atlas pounding the tower for half the fight with Persephone before being ordered to kill Kratos (which he failed at), Kratos still killed Persephone. The only reason the Gods wouldn't count is because it just tips the scales even further in Kratos' favor.

Metals Gears often had NUCLEAR MISSILES

And yes, he did sorta cheat w/ the gods because he had the pandora's box (Ares), trickery (Zeus) and I dunno about the last one.

Dark-Jaxx
And here is the thing, Metal Gears could not use those nuclear missiles in 1 on 1 combat.

he from beyond
And here is the thing, Metal Gears could not use those nuclear missiles in 1 on 1 combat.

But if they had to, they could. And Kratos has been hurt by swords many times. Now sure, they were swords used by mystical warriors, but they were still just swords.

Dark-Jaxx
No they couldn't, since it would destroy the Metal Gear as well.

Kratos has been killed by:

1. A giant spear thing thrown from miles by Aries.

2. The Blade of Olympus, most powerful weapon in God of War which did nuke level damage.

Whoa.

Sado22
laughing out loud

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by he from beyond
Metals Gears often had NUCLEAR MISSILES

And yes, he did sorta cheat w/ the gods because he had the pandora's box (Ares), trickery (Zeus) and I dunno about the last one.

Trickery harldy counts as cheating given the circumstances. Not to metnion Zeus was the one who tricked Kratos at the beginning of the game anyway. Rules of the jungle. Learn them.

As for Persephone, I said earlier that she was just plain defeated--Quite soundly in fact, compared to how he had fought against Ares Zeus, and the Sisters of Fate (who are more powerful than any of the Gods). SHE had called for Atlas to assistance, yet Kratos chained him to the world and forced him to hold it up.

Also Dark-Jaxx, I do recall the BoO's best feat being virtually world-scaping in terms of power (or at the very least more than big enough to solo anything Metal Gear Solid).

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Trickery harldy counts as cheating given the circumstances. Not to metnion Zeus was the one who tricked Kratos at the beginning of the game anyway. Rules of the jungle. Learn them.

As for Persephone, I said earlier that she was just plain defeated--Quite soundly in fact, compared to how he had fought against Ares Zeus, and the Sisters of Fate (who are more powerful than any of the Gods). SHE had called for Atlas to assistance, yet Kratos chained him to the world and forced him to hold it up.

Also Dark-Jaxx, I do recall the BoO's best feat being virtually world-scaping in terms of power (or at the very least more than big enough to solo anything Metal Gear Solid).

After thinking about it, Kratos wins in all but the chess match and maybe the jungle one.

Jayct
2. Yes weapons, no magic
5. A game of chess

1. Kratos, easily
2. I don't think Kratos will be able to deflect a sniper rifle bullet, nor survive a bullet straight between the eyes. If there is enough distance between them for Snake to pull the trigger before Kratos gets to him, it's over for the god of war.
3. Snake easily, bullet between the eyes.
4. Kratos, he's got an array of powers that would be to much for snake to handle.
5. Snake, Kratos would get impatient with this boring game (in his opinion) within minutes and knock his king over. Then he would kill Snake.

Gumachi
Kratos is a Half God.

Kratos has the blade that was forged from heavens and earth

army of titans

and many more. He could travel time and kill snake when he was a baby. Kratos can also destroy the universe.

But he could easily stone snake and hit him with blade.

Kratos has the golden fleece if it can reflect zeus' lighting it can reflect a sniper bullet.

Kratos can summon a tornado(typhon's bow)

MadMel
uh..rules of the thread prevent magic and/or weapons in some of the predescribed matches erm

Gumachi
I never said anything about him using magic.

2. Yes weapons, no magic

Nemesis X
Now that I think about it, exactly how can Kratos dodge a bullet? In his timeline, guns don't exist so he won't know what wepaons Snake has. Kratos will just charge and Snake would just pull the trigger and down goes Kratos. The rest of the matches, Kratos owns.

Gumachi
You don't know that. And he has golden fleece. And he has got shot in the head with arrows and lived. But correct me if im wrong isn't arrows stronger than bullets?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Gumachi
isn't arrows stronger than bullets?

Uh....Yeah no expression

Nemesis X
Just kidding stick out tongue

Bullets are stronger

Gumachi
Just something I heard. He still could reflect them with the golden fleece and he will kill himself.

Nemesis X
Is there a golden fleece on Kratos'es head? Didn't think so.

Gumachi
Going for the head or not he can reflect it. If he can reflect zeus' lighting bolts going for his whole body(zeus was a full god)and head he can reflect a silver bullet.

Wei Phoenix
But correct me if im wrong isn't arrows stronger than bullets?

Yeah...They're so strong that we abolished them and found them obsolete. We we're only lucky to defeat the native americans. Hell arrows even shoot faster than bullets.

Hewhoknowsall
You don't know that. And he has golden fleece. And he has got shot in the head with arrows and lived. But correct me if im wrong isn't arrows stronger than bullets?

confused

Nemesis X
Kratos doesn't live in the weapons match against Snake. The rest of the matches, Kratos owns because he'll rip that old fart a new one (literally).

Marvelknight
Kratos.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Now that I think about it, exactly how can Kratos dodge a bullet? In his timeline, guns don't exist so he won't know what wepaons Snake has. Kratos will just charge and Snake would just pull the trigger and down goes Kratos. The rest of the matches, Kratos owns. Probably has something to do with him deflecting something much faster than bullets.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.