Top Tiers Challenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
The challenge For these Top tiers is to be able to

1. Hold Superman in stasis with minimal energy.Superman must not even be able to Struggle at all.
2. Create a being as powerful as Brimstone out of their own power.
3. One Shot Orion with just a wave of thier hand.
4. Take a blast of Magical Lightning from BA amped Black Mary with no Damage.
5. Beat the Crap out of Eclipso with two Punches.
6. Survive a full Blast by Highfather's Staff with only moderate injury.
7. Fight The combined Might of every New God that ever exisited.
8 Blow Hank Henshaw apart and trap his soul.

The Top Tier Challengers are..

Thor
Zod
Captain Marvel
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Alan Scott.

Who of these could complete the most of these Task? Who could complete all of them? Examples Please.

Galan007
none of them could accomplish all these tasks, imo. however, alan, hal, and surfer would come the closest.

on a sidenote, why are you bringing up darkseid's feats here? something tells me this has to do with other threads.. srsly

AlmightyKfish
3. would be hard for most of them

I can see Surfer doing it by making a black hole in Orion's face, but it's kinda out of character.

darthgoober
Originally posted by fangirl101
The challenge For these Top tiers is to be able to

1. Hold Superman in stasis with minimal energy.Superman must not even be able to Struggle at all.
2. Create a being as powerful as Brimstone out of their own power.
3. One Shot Orion with just a wave of thier hand.
4. Take a blast of Magical Lightning from BA amped Black Mary with no Damage.
5. Beat the Crap out of Eclipso with two Punches.
6. Survive a full Blast by Highfather's Staff with only moderate injury.
7. Fight The combined Might of every New God that ever exisited.
8 Blow Hank Henshaw apart and trap his soul.

The Top Tier Challengers are..

Thor
Zod
Captain Marvel
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Alan Scott.

Who of these could complete the most of these Task? Who could complete all of them? Examples Please.
No one on your list has actually accomplished any of those feats due to a lack of the appropriate situations, so I assume that opinions based off conjectured theories regarding the characters powersets are acceptable for this thread correct?

Dark-Jaxx
I assume that people are claiming Darkseid is a High Herald, so she made a list of High Heralds asking if they can do his feats.

DigiMark007
Thor could likely perform the "taking blasts from {insert character}" ones because of Mjolnir's epic damage soak.

fascistcrusader
I'm pretty sure this thread is the bastard child of an argument her and Quan had that got shut down.

Bentley
Thor does them all shifty

Enyalus
I notice these are Darkseid's feats, so I'm going to turn CIS off since none of the people you listed have Darkseid's personality.

1. Silver Surfer could do that easily. K-nite or Red sun radiation cage/light construct.
2. Hal Jordan could come close with a construct. Surfer also has impressive matter manipulation feats to his credit.
3. Surfer puts a singularity in his brain, Orion = dead.
4. Thor could absorb it with Mjolnir, and Surfer could phase through it or throw up a shield.
5. Theoretically, Surfer could amp his strength high enough to probably accomplish the two-shotting. If Thor didn't hold back, I can also see 2 hits from Mjolnir ruining Eclipso.
6. Again - Thor or Surfer. See #4 for reasons.
7. Thor would have a chance, but none of them would win.
8. Again - Thor or Surfer. Thor's Godblast while wielding the Odinforce would absolutely ruin Henshaw, and he could easily trap his soul after that. Surfer would have a similar opportunity, considering that he casually blows up planets and has a solar system destroying blast to his credit.

vlaaad12345
Its funny because darkseid is easily a candidate for low skyfatherish level..except when he runs into superman and then his power takes a nosedive and he fights like a giant retard damm s shield,and surfer has never destroyed a solar system on his own power.

comicfan11
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Its funny because darkseid is easily a candidate for low skyfatherish level..except when he runs into superman and then his power takes a nosedive and he fights like a giant retard damm s shield,and surfer has never destroyed a solar system on his own power.

Who are you talking about destroying a solar system under his own power?

vlaaad12345
Surfer.

carver9
I could see surfer and thor pulling off 6 of those feats, theyre just that damn powerful.

Its a couple of people on that list that was put in a forum battle against darkseid and she/he is basically trying to see if that person is as powerful as darkseid which I know for a fact that two of the people on that list possess more power and is more versatile then darkseid and thats thor and surfer.

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
none of them could accomplish all these tasks, imo. however, alan, hal, and surfer would come the closest.

on a sidenote, why are you bringing up darkseid's feats here? something tells me this has to do with other threads.. srsly

I think Galan is right on all counts.

fangirl101
Originally posted by carver9
I could see surfer and thor pulling off 6 of those feats, theyre just that damn powerful.

Its a couple of people on that list that was put in a forum battle against darkseid and she/he is basically trying to see if that person is as powerful as darkseid which I know for a fact that two of the people on that list possess more power and is more versatile then darkseid and thats thor and surfer.

Show me Surfer Waving his hand and pwning Thor or Someone On Thor's level with no effort.

Show Surfer Beating the crap out of a being like the wrath of god with two punches.

Show Surfer or Thor fighting the Combined might of an entire world of Gods powers.

Show Surfer Standing up against a blast from Odin. You can't.

comicfan11
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Surfer.

Surfer did that? A Solar System?
Cool.Can you post some scans or give me the issue?

Priest
If Darkseid did all these, then any High Herald can shifty

fangirl101
Originally posted by Galan007

Just making sure that I have a grasp on what top tier is.

carver9
Show me Surfer Waving his hand and pwning Thor or Someone On Thor's level with no effort.

Show Surfer Beating the crap out of a being like the wrath of god with two punches.

Show Surfer or Thor fighting the Combined might of an entire world of Gods powers.

Show Surfer Standing up against a blast from Odin. You can't.

Surfer fight against t&a>>>>fighting the combine might of gods.

Didnt surfer trap a top tier in his surfer board.

How about surfer being chopped up into small pieces the size of pennys from a god and then having all of his pieces join back together as one.

Surfer absorbing an entire sun>>>>>>>>>almost any feat that you have mentioned and lets not forget thor is surfers equal.

fangirl101
Surfer fight against t&a>>>>fighting the combine might of gods.

Didnt surfer trap a top tier in his surfer board.

How about surfer being chopped up into small pieces the size of pennys from a god and then having all of his pieces join back together as one.

Surfer absorbing an entire sun>>>>>>>>>almost any feat that you have mentioned and lets not forget thor is surfers equal.

Surfer Got pwned by T and A until he used a plot. DS pwned the combined might of the new gods and won.

DS also took a solar system shattering blast from the ALE. Provided a 5th of the power that Pushed back the ALE. The ALE is equal to the Source. Then provided another 5th of the power it took to destroy a Universe. top those feats. You can't. Game set and match.

carver9
Just making sure that I have a grasp on what top tier is.

Surfer versatility puts him on a higher scale then a normal top tier along with thor. Thor and surfer has some of the most amazing feats in comics and on normal battles gods and defeat them.

There aint to many people that can say that they can damage a celestial. Thor has that under his belt how many times. Some people cant say that they can make galactus flee, thor has that under his belt. Hundreds of gods died from the destroyer but thor took his most powerful blast to the chest and didnt even register it and then one shotted a god killer.

And since we're on that subject even though its a crossover, didnt darkseid blast galactus to no avail and it did jack to him. Celestials almost equal galactus in power.

fangirl101
Surfer versatility puts him on a higher scale then a normal top tier along with thor. Thor and surfer has some of the most amazing feats in comics and on normal battles gods and defeat them.

There aint to many people that can say that they can damage a celestial. Thor has that under his belt how many times. Some people cant say that they can make galactus flee, thor has that under his belt. Hundreds of gods died from the destroyer but thor took his most powerful blast to the chest and didnt even register it and then one shotted a god killer.

And since we're on that subject even though its a crossover, didnt darkseid blast galactus to no avail and it did jack to him. Celestials almost equal galactus in power.

That cross over was set in the past. DS has since grown in power. Didn't you know? Oh and Not many top tiers have beating multiversal beings to thier credit. Superman Does. Orion and Superman beat Back S'ivaa. You see how easy it is to put out feats like that that top other's feats?

carver9
Surfer Got pwned by T and A until he used a plot. DS pwned the combined might of the new gods and won.

DS also took a solar system shattering blast from the ALE. Provided a 5th of the power that Pushed back the ALE. The ALE is equal to the Source. Then provided another 5th of the power it took to destroy a Universe. top those feats. You can't. Game set and match.

Even though surfer was damaged during that battle he still have the victory under his belt, no matter if it was a plot device or not and galactus seen surfer as a challenge against aegnis because if he didnt he wouldnt have had surfer by his side during battle.

Gladiator took a solar system destroying blast and flew out of it undamaged and didnt even register it so what was the point of that. Does that mean that gladiator>surfer.

carver9
That cross over was set in the past. DS has since grown in power. Didn't you know? Oh and Not many top tiers have beating mUltiversal beings to thier credit. Superman Does. Orion and Superman beat Back S'ivaa. You see how easy it is to put out feats like that that top other's feats?

You want to know something, thats not the normal for superman but it is the normal for thor to fight beings of high caliber. He's been doing it since his creation.

fangirl101
Even though surfer was damaged during that battle he still have the victory under his belt, no matter if it was a plot device or not and galactus seen surfer as a challenge aegnis because if he didnt he wouldnt have had surfer by his side during battle.

Gladiator took a solar system destroying blast and flew out of it undamaged and didnt even register it so what was the point of that. Does that mean that gladiator>surfer.

Why am I debating with you? You think Marvel Top tiers beat DC skyfathers. No need to debate any further.

carver9
Why am I debating with you? You think Marvel Top tiers beat DC skyfathers. No need to debate any further.

When did I say this? Fangirl can you stop putting words in my mouth.

fangirl101
When did I say this? Fangirl can you stop putting words in my mouth.
Do you think Surfer Or Thor can Beat DS?

carver9

I would give darkseid a majority over surfer but I'll give thor the majority over him.

The reason I say this is because surfer is versatile and very powerful but if it came to a close confrontation he would fall to darkseid because darkseid is powerful and he is a being that you cant lack anything with.

The reason I give thor the majority over darkseid is due to the fact that thor isnt just versatile, hes a brawler and is basically carrying around one of the strongest hitting weapons in marvel. His hammer can absorb almost any attack that darkseid throws out and the last thing that darkseid would want to do is go h2h with thor.

Both of these characters are more then just a top tier, they both possess supermans abilities but they have a lot more that they can bring to the table besides heat vision and ice breath.

fangirl101
I would give darkseid a majority over surfer but I'll give thor the majority over him.

The reason I say this is because surfer is versatile and very powerful but if it came to a close confrontation he would fall to darkseid because darkseid is powerful and he is a being that you cant lack anything with.

The reason I give thor the majority over darkseid is due to the fact that thor isnt just versatile, hes a brawler and is basically carrying around one of the strongest hitting weapons in marvel. His hammer can absorb almost any attack that darkseid throws out and the last thing that darkseid would want to do is go h2h with thor.

Both of these characters are more then just a top tier, they both possess supermans abilities but they have a lot more that they can bring to the table besides heat vision and ice breath.
Why wouldn't DS want to go hand to hand with Thor? DS is at Leasts as Strong as Superman and Orion. And they are Both stronger than Thor. DS is faster than Thor. No doubt about that. And DS has the Ability to Depower divinely powered beings. So Thor would be the worst person to fight DS.

DigiMark007

How remarkably on topic.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

...I'm pretty sure the people who suspected this was partially a bait thread have just been vindicated.

fangirl101
Originally posted by DigiMark007
How remarkably on topic.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

...I'm pretty sure the people who suspected this was partially a bait thread have just been vindicated.
Actually this thread had nothing to do with DS. take the time to look at what it was about. It's about someone saying what is or isn't a top tier.

carver9
Why wouldn't DS want to go hand to hand with Thor? DS is at Leasts as Strong as Superman and Orion. And they are Both stronger than Thor. DS is faster than Thor. No doubt about that. And DS has the Ability to Depower divinely powered beings. So Thor would be the worst person to fight DS.

I been wanting to ask this for the longest. Why are you saying that darkseid is stronger then thor. What did thor struggle to lift that darkseid can lift.

I will never understand why people say that thor is weaker then wonder woman, superman and darkseid when he has never failed at lifting anything. Tell me what is was that he failed to lift then maybe I'll agree with you.

And strength wasnt the reason why I said that thor would knock darkseid out, the reason I said that is due to thor carrying around a planet destroyer, his hammer.

fangirl101
I been wanting to ask this for the longest. Why are you saying that darkseid is stronger then thor. What did thor struggle to lift that darkseid can lift.

I will never understand why people say that thor is weaker then wonder woman, superman and darkseid when he has never failed at lifting anything. Tell me what is was that he failed to lift then maybe I'll agree with you.

And strength wasnt the reason why I said that thor would knock darkseid out, the reason I said that is due to thor carrying around a planet destroyer, his hammer.
DS has been hit by Solar System shattering Force. And DS is as strong if not Stronger Than Superman. Superman by feats, Is stronger Than Thor.

carver9
DS has been hit by Solar System shattering Force. And DS is as strong if not Stronger Than Superman. Superman by feats, Is stronger Than Thor.

Again fangirl, what has thor failed to lift that superman can lift. With that said didnt thor lift the midgard serpant that had the weight of the earth but superman was unable to even move the moon by himself. If we going by feats then thor should be considered stronger.

carver9

I almost forgot to bring this up, gladiator has been hit by a solar system destroying blast and flew out of it without a scratch, didnt even feel it. Does that make gladiator darkseids equal. By the way, the blast was contained which made it much worse and more of a feat.

fangirl101
Again fangirl, what has thor failed to lift that superman can lift. With that said didnt thor lift the midgard serpant that had the weight of the earth but superman was unable to even move the moon by himself. If we going by feats then thor should be considered stronger.
That is bad logic. What has Thor failed to lift? What the hell kind of arguing is that? No what you do is take Thor's greatest strength feat and compare it to Superman's. The midgard Serpent did not have the weight of the earth. Not even the weight of one continent. Do you know that the weight of one continent added to the earth's surface would make the planet collapse in on itself. The tides would destroy us all instant. Um yeah. Now you know.

carver9
That is bad logic. What has Thor failed to lift? What the hell kind of arguing is that? No what you do is take Thor's greatest strength feat and compare it to Superman's. The midgard Serpent did not have the weight of the earth. Not even the weight of one continent. Do you know that the weight of one continent added to the earth's surface would make the planet collapse in on itself. The tides would destroy us all instant. Um yeah. Now you know.

People have argued with you about this so much that its ridiculous. Im not joining that party. Everyone know the weight of the serpant besides you, it had the weight of earth and thor lifted it. Even if it had half the weight of earth its still>>>superman moon and planet moving feats since he did have help.

So if we're going by on panel feats then thor is stronger.

fangirl101
People have argued with you about this so much that its ridiculous. Im not joining that party. Everyone know the weight of the serpant besides you, it had the weight of earth and thor lifted it. Even if it had half the weight of earth its still>>>superman moon and planet moving feats since he did have help.

So if we're going by on panel feats then thor is stronger.
No where was it stated on panel to have the weight of the earth. No where in the comic. EVER. People can't use the science of weight to prove Thor's strength and disregard the science of mass. The Serpent couldn't have been as massive as the earth. not even as massive as the moon. Or the Earth would have been destroyed. Period. Now Superman didn't move the planet. He helped Hold it in orbit. Which as you know, takes the entire Solar System's orbit to do. So um yeah. There you go.

Enyalus
Midgard Serpent is a magical creature. Laws of physics and mass be damned.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Enyalus
Midgard Serpent is a magical creature. Laws of physics and mass be damned.
Then for all we know it could have weight 3 pounds and just used magic to cause destruction on the earth.

Enyalus
Then for all we know it could have weight 3 pounds and just used magic to cause destruction on the earth.

confused

Ditto for the Monitor's book. stick out tongue

fangirl101
confused

Ditto for the Monitor's book. stick out tongue
Except we know that the monitor's book is based in science. Not in magic. And Superman needed the help of A CM.

Enyalus
Except we know that the monitor's book is based in science. Not in magic. And Superman needed the help of A CM.

Whoa, no...That's not true. You can't contain an infinite amount of anything in a finite space. Somekind of magic was going on there.

carver9
No where was it stated on panel to have the weight of the earth. No where in the comic. EVER. People can't use the science of weight to prove Thor's strength and disregard the science of mass. The Serpent couldn't have been as massive as the earth. not even as massive as the moon. Or the Earth would have been destroyed. Period. Now Superman didn't move the planet. He helped Hold it in orbit. Which as you know, takes the entire Solar System's orbit to do. So um yeah. There you go.

All of the planets is held by the same gravity of earth, whatre you talking about. Gladiator and superboy prime could have soloed that feat. Now explain to me why superman needed help with moving the moon.

fangirl101
Whoa, no...That's not true. You can't contain an infinite amount of anything in a finite space. Somekind of magic was going on there.
Black Holes do it. No magic there.

fangirl101
All of the planets is held by the same gravity of earth, whatre you talking about. Gladiator and superboy prime could have soloed that feat. Now explain to me why superman needed help with moving the moon.

maybe to not damage it. Who knows. It was a team book. We dont' take team books at face value. They always have the characters a bit weaker. Or hadn't you notice how Thor can't take nefaria in an avengers book. Or the hulk. Um yeah. There you go.

Enyalus

Black holes do not have an infinite amount of mass....

fangirl101
Black holes do not have an infinite amount of mass....
They have an infinite horizon. It's how they are formed.

Enyalus
They have an infinite horizon. It's how they are formed.

I'm not following your phrase. I know they have an event horizon...

carver9
maybe to not damage it. Who knows. It was a team book. We dont' take team books at face value. They always have the characters a bit weaker. Or hadn't you notice how Thor can't take nefaria in an avengers book. Or the hulk. Um yeah. There you go.

The wheels of armaggedon was done in a jla book, so do we not count that also.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by DigiMark007
How remarkably on topic.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

...I'm pretty sure the people who suspected this was partially a bait thread have just been vindicated. sorry, im late

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3580/alaskafishingem1.jpg

TheBadguy
Fish were caught

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I assume that people are claiming Darkseid is a High Herald, so she made a list of High Heralds asking if they can do his feats.

really? i dont know crap about darkseid and really dont care if i ever do learn anything about him. but i always though him as skyfather level. and any loss to a herald is just like galactus losing to the ff4..meaning, they had to lose otherwise the story wont advance.

Soljer

No, black holes hold a finite amount of matter in an infinitesimal amount of space.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
I'm pretty sure this thread is the bastard child of an argument her and Quan had that got shut down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.