Thor vs. Orion the Range Of Abilities Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
What are some feats that Thor can do that Orion Simply cannot?
What are some feats of Orion That Thor Simply cannot?

This is based upon logic and common sense of what each has accomplished with the full set of thier abillities.

Ruin
Current Thor correct?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Ruin
Current Thor correct?
Classic Thor. Unless we want to include DOTNG Orion.

fangirl101
I'll list One thing from Each to start it off.

Obvious ones.
Orion has Superior Speed in flight, on foot, and in hand to hand. Far far Faster than Thor.

Thor Can control The Weather. Nearly Any weather in any reality.

cloud102
Originally posted by fangirl101
I'll list One thing from Each to start it off.

Obvious ones.
Orion has Superior Speed in flight, on foot, and in hand to hand. Far far Faster than Thor.

Thor Can control The Weather. Nearly Any weather in any reality.

Orion has controlled the weather from what I remember. I don't think he's done it in ANY reality, but there is no evidence that states he cannot.

cloud102
As for super-speed, Orion has used it more than Thor. He doesn't **** around.

Also, Orion is a planner. At least MUCH MORE than Thor. The way he took out Arnicus Wolfram is a work of genius. Thor, to my knowledge hasn't pulled something like that. But I could be wrong.

fangirl101
Thor can channel his life energy into a single powerful blast.

Stoic
How fast is Orion's flight speed, because Thor being towed by Mjolnir can nearly if not keep up with the Silver Surfer. Just putting that out there.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Stoic
How fast is Orion's flight speed, because Thor being towed by Mjolnir can nearly if not keep up with the Silver Surfer. Just putting that out there.
Orion Pwns Thor and Surfer at his top flight speed that I've found in comics. Seriously.

cloud102
Originally posted by Stoic

Orion doesn't need a hammer or astro harness to move at super speeds.

Thor has also shown to move at super speeds WITHOUT the hammer, just not as much as Orion.

fangirl101
The Human Heart beats about 100 beats Per Minute. Orion flew from New Genesis to Earth under his own power in under one Heart beat. On Panel Description. Now that is some mean flight power. No one is touching that.

The Illuminati
The Human Heart beats about 100 beats Per Minute. Orion flew from New Genesis to Earth under his own power in under one Heart beat. On Panel Description. Now that is some mean flight power. No one is touching that.

laughing

Orion isn't faster than SS, and is now where near Glads speed who IMO is the fastest flier in comics.
(100+X LS)

fangirl101
Originally posted by The Illuminati
laughing

Orion isn't faster than SS, and is now where near Glads speed who IMO is the fastest flier in comics.
(100+X LS)
You dont' know what the hell you are talking about. Unless you own every New Gods book ever. tell me, Just how far New Gensis is from Earth. If you don't know, then shut the hell up.

Orion Flight from New Genesis to Earth. And it's becuz of the AF
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_ng_16_p04.jpg

The Illuminati
You dont' know what the hell you are talking about. Unless you own every New Gods book ever. tell me, Just how far New Gensis is from Earth. If you don't know, then shut the hell up.

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_ng_16_p04.jpg

stick out tongue

Why don't you enlighten us... How far is it?

No, let me guess "really" far.

evil face

fangirl101
stick out tongue

Why don't you enlighten us... How far is it?

No, let me guess "really" far.

evil face
It's a universe away. Which is why most require a boom tube to even travel from there to anywhere else. it is it's own infinite Reality. Thus traveling from it thru sheer flight power takes SuperNatural power of the highest order.

cloud102

Damn, I never even knew about that feat. Thanks for the heads up.

cloud102
In terms of New Genesis, there is a feat where Supergirl ( I think it was Supergirl) traveled to New Genesis. She was the size of an ant compared to the people living there.

New Genesis is it's own dimension, with it's own rules.

fangirl101
Originally posted by cloud102
Damn, I never even knew about that feat. Thanks for the heads up.
I have more. Lot's more. Stuff that will make your head spin like Damn the New Gods are powerful.

cloud102
I have more. Lot's more. Stuff that will make your head spin like Damn the New Gods are powerful.

I remember when Superman first traveled to Apokolips, a lone Gravity Guard or whatever they are called stalemated Superman. Superman stated that EVERYONE on the planet was moving at SUPER-SPEEDS that surpassed him or matched him.

SADLY A lot of writers have depowerred the new gods and have Superman stalemate the likes of Darkseid.

In Superman Confidential, Orion took out Superman with a simple Astro Force blast.

fangirl101
I remember when Superman first traveled to Apokolips, a lone Gravity Guard or whatever they are called stalemated Superman. Superman stated that EVERYONE on the planet was moving at SUPER-SPEEDS that surpassed him or matched him.

SADLY A lot of writers have depowerred the new gods and have Superman stalemate the likes of Darkseid.

In Superman Confidential, Orion took out Superman with a simple Astro Force blast.
Well, Grant has explained that the New Gods are at war for eternity. And that sometimes DS wins and Sometimes New Gen wins. And then they start over again. From the beginning of time. As if they thier time starts over but runs perpendicular to the DCU. So they are always changing. And in these changes, sometimes they are more powerful,a nd sometimes less powerful. It even explains alternate Universe New Gods when we know there is only one set of them. It's all them.

cloud102
That's stupid, IMO. Grant Morrison has come out and said he wants the New Gods to be this uber force, which he WILL do in Final Crisis. He doesn't want these 'Gods' to be super-hero oriented, anymore. And that's how it SHOULD be.

Can't wait for Orion to come back and blow shit up.

fangirl101
That's stupid, IMO. Grant Morrison has come out and said he wants the New Gods to be this uber force, which he WILL do in Final Crisis. He doesn't want these 'Gods' to be super-hero oriented, anymore. And that's how it SHOULD be.

Can't wait for Orion to come back and blow shit up.
Actually it's quite uber. The fact that they can never be destroyed. And now that they have entered the 5th world but with thier same names and personalities, they will never be anything like they were in the 4th. The art for 5th world orion is uber. Grant has him going back to his Return of the new gods days. Where he harnesses the AF inside of himself.

ultimatethor
It's a universe away. Which is why most require a boom tube to even travel from there to anywhere else. it is it's own infinite Reality. Thus traveling from it thru sheer flight power takes SuperNatural power of the highest order.

ISnt new genesis in a parralel dimension? That means that there is NO way to get from there to earth without crossing dimensions. So orion flying from New gen to earth must have involved him crossing dimensions and not just flying the distance cuz they do not exist in the same dimension.

fangirl101
Originally posted by ultimatethor
ISnt new genesis in a parralel dimension? That means that there is NO way to get from there to earth without crossing dimensions. So orion flying from New gen to earth must have involved him crossing dimensions and not just flying the distance cuz they do not exist in the same dimension.
Unless he literally flew from to the end of his universe into Earth's Universe in a blink. As described on panel. And his dimension sites over earth's. Not parallel.

ultimatethor
Unless he literally flew from to the end of his universe into Earth's Universe in a blink. As described on panel. And his dimension sites over earth's. Not parallel.

Really i didnt understand that post at all. HIs dimension sites over earth? unless he literally flew from the end of his universe into earths in a blink? New genesis is in a different dimension from earth. You cant move from one dimension into another with pure speed. U have to first cross dimensions.

fangirl101
Really i didnt understand that post at all. HIs dimension sites over earth? unless he literally flew from the end of his universe into earths in a blink? New genesis is in a different dimension from earth. You cant move from one dimension into another with pure speed. U have to first cross dimensions.
In DC you can. Precrisis Superboy and supergirl did it with nothing but Speed. racing from one end of the universe into the next and the next. Earth Angel Supergirl Also did it.

cloud102

I would agree upon this, but I didn't see the Boom Tube used in that pic, so...

psycho gundam
it was pre-crisi writing... meh

ultimatethor
In DC you can. Precrisis Superboy and supergirl did it with nothing but Speed. racing from one end of the universe into the next and the next. Earth Angel Supergirl Also did it.

Precrisis superboy was able to cross dimensions by shattering the dimensional barriers, not simply moving racing from one into the next.( granted it was with pure speed but its not the same as simply moving a great distance).And by shattering those dimensional barriers he was endangering the universes he was crossing. So for orion to do that he would have to break the dimensional barriers between New genesis and earths dimension thereby endangering the dimension. Something which i think is highly unlikely

fangirl101
Precrisis superboy was able to cross dimensions by shattering the dimensional barriers, not simply moving racing from one into the next.( granted it was with pure speed but its not the same as simply moving a great distance).And by shattering those dimensional barriers he was endangering the universes he was crossing. So for orion to do that he would have to break the dimensional barriers between New genesis and earths dimension thereby endangering the dimension. Something which i think is highly unlikely
And yet it happened. On panel.

ultimatethor
And yet it happened. On panel.

PIS and crappy writing. The writer obviously forgot that New genesis is in another dimension.

fangirl101
PIS and crappy writing. The writer obviously forgot that New genesis is in another dimension.
Or you just hate the fact that it happened. Did Peter David forget when he had supergirl fly to Apok? The panel says it's the astroforce that allows him to fly so fast.

ultimatethor
Or you just hate the fact that it happened. Did Peter David forget when he had supergirl fly to Apok? The panel says it's the astroforce that allows him to fly so fast.

The panel says its the astro force that allows him to traverse such great distances quickly. That statement contradicts the fact that it is not just mere distance between New genesis and earth.

fangirl101
The panel says its the astro force that allows him to traverse such great distances quickly. That statement contradicts the fact that it is not just mere distance between New genesis and earth.
But it is. wouldn't you say that it is a distance between earth and the 5th dimension? Superman says it's a Dimensional gulf. Gulf. Distance.

ultimatethor
But it is. wouldn't you say that it is a distance between earth and the 5th dimension? Superman says it's a Dimensional gulf. Gulf. Distance.

No its not just mere distance. The dimension exists in a different sector of time and space. Hence the reason there are barriers between them. As u even said it exists within its own infinite reality. YOu cant just move very far and reach another dimension.

fangirl101
No its not just mere distance. The dimension exists in a different sector of time and space. Hence the reason there are barriers between them. As u even said it exists within its own infinite reality. YOu cant just move very far and reach another dimension. So some how, He was able to move so fast that he went from one dimension to the next. Superboy and supergirl did it by going billions of lightyears per second. I'd assume he'd have to do something like that in order to be in line with DC canon.

ultimatethor
So some how, He was able to move so fast that he went from one dimension to the next. Superboy and supergirl did it by going billions of lightyears per second. I'd assume he'd have to do something like that in order to be in line with DC canon.

Superboy and supergirl shattered dimensional barriers and endangered millions of lives. They werent just moving great distances. The writer of that story apparently forget about the fact that New genesis and Earth were in different dimensions. Unless maybe in those days they existed in the same universe and were separated by mere distance.

fangirl101
Superboy and supergirl shattered dimensional barriers and endangered millions of lives. They werent just moving great distances. The writer of that story apparently forget about the fact that New genesis and Earth were in different dimensions. Unless maybe in those days they existed in the same universe and were separated by mere distance.
They weren't. The writer didn't forget. I know you hate that he moved that fast. It gets under your skin. If it were silver surfer or thor you'd be like hell yeah that is a crazy feat. I know. You don't fool me.

ultimatethor
They weren't. The writer didn't forget. I know you hate that he moved that fast. It gets under your skin. If it were silver surfer or thor you'd be like hell yeah that is a crazy feat. I know. You don't fool me.

lol. fool what? Moved how fast exactly is what im trying to answer. Because dimensions are not seperated by mere distance as that comic implied. But maybe in those days they were in the same universe and were seperated by distance so u if u cud fly far enough u cud move from one to the other. As it stands we dont have a good idea of how fast orion actually moved.

fangirl101
lol. fool what? Moved how fast exactly is what im trying to answer. Because dimensions are not seperated by mere distance as that comic implied. But maybe in those days they were in the same universe and were seperated by distance so u if u cud fly far enough u cud move from one to the other. As it stands we dont have a good idea of how fast orion actually moved.
We do know. Apok and New Gen are at the center of their Reality. Let's say he flew from New Gen to where earth would be and then popped into earth 1, That is still a way to measure the feat. You know earth sits in the milkyway on the outer edges far from the center of the universe. So um yeah.

ultimatethor
We do know. Apok and New Gen are at the center of their Reality. Let's say he flew from New Gen to where earth would be and then popped into earth 1, That is still a way to measure the feat. You know earth sits in the milkyway on the outer edges far from the center of the universe. So um yeah.

How wud we know where the planet earth wud be in that dimension anyways? This is all assuming he did it in that way. We cant do much but speculate.

fangirl101
How wud we know where the planet earth wud be in that dimension anyways? This is all assuming he did it in that way. We cant do much but speculate.
We can only speculate that he came from another galaxy at least to earth in less than a heart beat. Still faster than anyone else in the top tier category.

ultimatethor
We can only speculate that he came from another galaxy at least to earth in less than a heart beat. Still faster than anyone else in the top tier category.

Wrong, Guys like surfer and the runner have moved across multiple galaxies in moments. And that is concrete not all this speculation.

fangirl101
Wrong, Guys like surfer and the runner have moved across multiple galaxies in moments. And that is concrete not all this speculation.
Then as I stated, Per DC canon, You have to cross dimension with pure speed going billions of light years per second. Orion crossed One Dimension. Per the established canon of the time, that would be his speed.

ultimatethor
Then as I stated, Per DC canon, You have to cross dimension with pure speed going billions of light years per second. Orion crossed One Dimension. Per the established canon of the time, that would be his speed.

PEr DC canon, dimensions are not seperated by mere distances alone and there are numerous dimensional barriers that have to be breached in order to do this which essentially endanger the whole dimension. But since it was just a question of distance, maybe at that time they were located in the same universe or more likely the writer just forgot that they were in two different dimensions

fangirl101
PEr DC canon, dimensions are not seperated by mere distances alone and there are numerous dimensional barriers that have to be breached in order to do this which essentially endanger the whole dimension. But since it was just a question of distance, maybe at that time they were located in the same universe or more likely the writer just forgot that they were in two different dimensions
It was Jerry conway. One of the most prolific and versed DC writers of all time. Trust me. He didn't forget. you don't like the feat. What ever. It's canon.

ultimatethor
It was Jerry conway. One of the most prolific and versed DC writers of all time. Trust me. He didn't forget. you don't like the feat. What ever. It's canon.

Even the greatest make errors. And no its not that i dont like the feat its that the feat is contradicitory making it hard to interpret.

fangirl101
Even the greatest make errors. And no its not that i dont like the feat its that the feat is contradicitory making it hard to interpret.
The feat isn't contradictory. It was well established By DC that after so many billions of light years per second, one could break the dimensional gulf. Flash did it by vibrating that fast.

ultimatethor
The feat isn't contradictory. It was well established By DC that after so many billions of light years per second, one could break the dimensional gulf. Flash did it by vibrating that fast.

Please show that flash feat. Orions feat implies that the dimensions are separated by mere distance and by moving far enough u will be able to reach another dimension. Meanwhile its well established in DC that dimensions are not separated by mere distance( as many dimensions can be infinitely large) but numerous dimensional barriers.

fangirl101
Please show that flash feat. Orions feat implies that the dimensions are separated by mere distance and by moving far enough u will be able to reach another dimension. Meanwhile its well established in DC that dimensions are not separated by mere distance( as many dimensions can be infinitely large) but numerous dimensional barriers.
Orion's feat was replicated by Superboy and Supergirl who were racing billions of lightyears per second. It's the established canon of the time. That is how you breach dimensional barriers. With that amount of speed. And the flash breached the barrier when the JLA first met the JSA.

cloud102
Yeah, HOW DID Supergirl get to New Genesis/Apok? I know she didn't do it with a Mother Box or Boom Tube.

fangirl101
Yeah, HOW DID Supergirl get to New Genesis/Apok? I know she didn't do it with a Mother Box or Boom Tube. She flew there under her own power. If you are talking about Earth Angel.

ultimatethor
Orion's feat was replicated by Superboy and Supergirl who were racing billions of lightyears per second. It's the established canon of the time. That is how you breach dimensional barriers. With that amount of speed. And the flash breached the barrier when the JLA first met the JSA.

As i said pls show the flash feat. In orions case, the dimensions where portrayed as being seperated by mere distance. Not the same as supermans case in which he was destroying dimensional barriers and endangering dimensions.

fangirl101
Proof that speed lines are drawn in the Orion series this way.
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_12.jpg

More Speed lines drawn the same way in the series. the demons comment on Orion's speed and say they can now match and exceed him.
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion17kebbin09.jpg

More proof of Orion's Superspeed and how super speed is specifically drawn in that series.
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion18kebbin07.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion18kebbin08.jpg

fangirl101
More Speed from Orion. Notice the way it's drawn. I have a point to all of this.
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion19kebbin12.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion19kebbin13.jpg

Orion and Mister Miracle moving at superspeed in a sparring match. Notice the lines. Please. Cuz I've got to make this stick.
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion25kebbin03.jpg

fangirl101
Darksied and Orion are indeed fighting at Superspeeds.
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion05p04.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion05p05.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion05p06and07.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion05p08.jpg
Notice how Orion's foot does a superspeed multiple tap against DS

fangirl101
This entire fight was conducted at superspeed.

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion05p09.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion05p10.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion05p11.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion05p12.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion05p13.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion05p14.jpg

fangirl101
Orion's summons a storm in the anger of his mother dying. I think it's his mother don't quote me. the art is so God aweful reading this series hurts. Shyt.
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion3p11.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion3p12.jpg

fangirl101
Scan's a Human for Orion to Assume his identity
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_New_Gods_v1_13_06.jpg

Some kind of Heat Control
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_New_Gods_v1_13_15.jpg

The Power to Shift World's Orbits
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_New_Gods_v1_13_17.jpg

Destroy Atomic Bonds
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_New_Gods_v1_13_18.jpg

fangirl101
Implaning Images in Human's heads with MB
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_NewGods02-15.jpg

Traces energy signatures
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_NewGods02-18.jpg

Organic Matter Manip
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_NewGods03-06.jpg

Telepathically Scans entire city
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_NewGods04-13ORyanGangandtheDeepSix.jpg

fangirl101
Weaving Air Molecules in water
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_NewGods04-21ORyanGangandtheDeepSix.jpg

Air Shield
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_NewGods05-21.jpg

Flooding Rubber Raft with Magnetic energy to lock onto it
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_NewGods06-06.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_NewGods06-07.jpg

Dissolving Metals
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_NewGods1-19.jpg

fangirl101
Absorbing Impact of energy blasts
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_NewGods1-20.jpg

Amping Punches with AF
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_newgods_v1_12_p06.jpg

More Matter Manip
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_ng_15_p05.jpg

fangirl101
Creation of matter out of nothing
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion15kebbin16.jpg

Generation of some kind of Light that drives away demons
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion17kebbin11.jpg

Blitzing Superspeed punches
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion17kebbin14.jpg

Catches and Throws a bullet back into the barrel of a gun
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion23kebbin17.jpg

More Matter Manip. This time on his own. No mother Box
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion24kebbin18.jpg

fangirl101
Turns himself into mr. Miracle and actually gets Mr. miracles abilities.
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion25kebbin16.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion25kebbin18.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion25kebbin19.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion25kebbin20.jpg

fangirl101
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion25kebbin21.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion25kebbin22.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion25kebbin24.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion25kebbin25.jpg

fangirl101
Omni-directional blast and the ability to grow giant
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion25kebbin31.jpg

Sub Atomic Disintegration
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_orion25kebbin35.jpg

Force Shields
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion05p20.jpg

Magnetic Powers
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion08p15.jpg

Resisting Telepathic attack with AF
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion09p21.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion09p22.jpg

fangirl101
Energy Absorbtion
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion11p14.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion11p15.jpg

That's it for now. I'll post more later. He's certainly not just a brick. That is for sure.

cloud102
LOL! Marry me, Fangirl. wink

Bada's Palin
Looks like Orion's application of the Astro Force is pretty similar to Classic Thor's use of mjolnir.

Philosophía
Awesome scans fangirl.

quanchi112
This entire fight was conducted at superspeed.

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion05p09.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion05p10.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion05p11.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion05p12.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion05p13.jpghttp://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/fangirl101_photos/Orion/th_Orion05p14.jpg I disagree and its only your interpretation.

psycho gundam
just for the sake of curiosity, whats the point of this thread? (benefit of the doubt of coarse)

fangirl101
Originally posted by quanchi112
I disagree and its only your interpretation.
you are a fool. I posted scans of superspeed thru out the series just to prove it was at superspeed.

fangirl101

quanchi112
you are a fool. I posted scans of superspeed thru out the series just to prove it was at superspeed. Orion can move and fight very fast I understand that,but this fight wasnt fought at superspeed and there is nothing to cement that as a fact.

fangirl101
Orion can move and fight very fast I understand that,but this fight wasnt fought at superspeed and there is nothing to cement that as a fact.
Besides the multiple taps from orion's feat against DS and the same speed lines being used on both. I'm sorry. The entire fight was fought at Superspeed. only an absolute idiot would deny that. If you deny that then i guess that makes you someone not worth debating with. Becuz debating with someone who ignores on panel evidence would make me an idiot too.

quanchi112
Besides the multiple taps from orion's feat against DS and the same speed lines being used on both. I'm sorry. The entire fight was fought at Superspeed. only an absolute idiot would deny that. If you deny that then i guess that makes you someone not worth debating with. Becuz debating with someone who ignores on panel evidence would make me an idiot too. They werent slow but I fail to see any reason why they were using superspeed. Its the way you interpreted it is all.

fangirl101
They werent slow but I fail to see any reason why they were using superspeed. Its the way you interpreted it is all.
SUPERSPEED IS DRAWN IN ORION WITH THOSE LINES GOD DAMNIT. I posted many examples of super speed in the book so people could see how it's drawn. they both fought at superspeed.

quanchi112
SUPERSPEED IS DRAWN IN ORION WITH THOSE LINES GOD DAMNIT. I posted many examples of super speed in the book so people could see how it's drawn. they both fought at superspeed. Thats your interpretation. Please cease with the insults and the swearing. Orion has superspeed but didnt use it in this particular fight.

fangirl101
Thats your interpretation. Please cease with the insults and the swearing. Orion has superspeed but didnt use it in this particular fight.
You are lying. And I'm going to report you to bada for trolling. everyone else can see superspeed. What the hell was his foot doing? Tapping to the beat of a song? No he was hitting at superspeed. The entire fight was drawn at Superspeed. And I know you hate anything to do with new gods and anything that makes DS look good. But i'm tired of you. and i'm reporting you. You are trolling.

quanchi112
You are lying. And I'm going to report you to bada for trolling. everyone else can see superspeed. What the hell was his foot doing? Tapping to the beat of a song? No he was hitting at superspeed. The entire fight was drawn at Superspeed. And I know you hate anything to do with new gods and anything that makes DS look good. But i'm tired of you. and i'm reporting you. You are trolling. I clearly disagree with you. You have been insulting everyone and I mean everyone who has disagreed with you. I want the mods to see all the attacks of me and all the harassment for having a difference of opinion.

fangirl101
I clearly disagree with you. You have been insulting everyone and I mean everyone who has disagreed with you. I want the mods to see all the attacks of me and all the harassment for having a difference of opinion.
I haven't harrassed you. You have repeatedly ignored on panel evidence to flame. You are trolling. and trolling agiitates people. and then they insult. That is why trolling is forbidden. you've been warned of debating like that. I proved that hey were fighting at Superspeeds. you don't count. because everyone else agrees.

quanchi112
I haven't harrassed you. You have repeatedly ignored on panel evidence to flame. You are trolling. and trolling agiitates people. and then they insult. That is why trolling is forbidden. you've been warned of debating like that. I proved that hey were fighting at Superspeeds. you don't count. because everyone else agrees. No,I havent.

I have told you that I disagree. Even if everyone agrees with you which they dont that doesnt mean its accepted while the minority is ignored. You insult in virtually every one of your posts.

srankmissingnin
Having on panel sound effects in many of the panels would suggest that IF they where fighting at superspeed, it wasn't faster than the speed of sound...

Just putting that out there. / shrug

fangirl101
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Having on panel sound effects in many of the panels would suggest that IF they where fighting at superspeed, it wasn't faster than the speed of sound...

Now really. Speed of Sound is just slower. And it's for effect. Wonder Woman and Superman hit the general at mach 3. Faster than the speed of sound. Guess what, there were still sound effects.

fangirl101
No,I havent.

I have told you that I disagree. Even if everyone agrees with you which they dont that doesnt mean its accepted while the minority is ignored. You insult in virtually every one of your posts.
You insult WITH everyone of your post.

quanchi112
You insult WITH everyone of your post. We disagree lets just leave it at that.

Soljer
laughing

(100+X LS)

Orion, the Silver Surfer, Green Lanterns, and Superman, just to name a few, have straight up embarrassed one hundred c.

Soljer
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Not that I'm defending the feat - in fact, I don't even know what you're referring to; I just wanted to point out that it's no different from having sound effects in space. Comics don't always flow with real world logic, and oft times dramatic effect (sound in space, or speaking at lightspeed) is more important than staying true to physics.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Soljer
Not that I'm defending the feat - in fact, I don't even know what you're referring to; I just wanted to point out that it's no different from having sound effects in space. Comics don't always flow with real world logic, and oft times dramatic effect (sound in space, or speaking at lightspeed) is more important than staying true to physics. Check page 3 of this thread where I start posting thumb nails. I was proving that DS and Orion's fight was in superspeed.

fangirl101
bump for people who seem to think Orion is a brick. And I haven't even posted everything YET.

cloud102
Actually Orion was using super-speed in the DS fight. Something Walt Simonson stated at the New Gods board a while back.

Soljer
bump for people who seem to think Orion is a brick. And I haven't even posted everything YET.

Is all of this in the respect thread?

I mean, really, what's the point of posting it all here when the only person even arguing with you is...

Quan?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Soljer
Is all of this in the respect thread?

I mean, really, what's the point of posting it all here when the only person even arguing with you is...

Quan? actually most of what I posted isn't in the respect thread. and if it was, probably gone. The links are all dead.

quanchi112
actually most of what I posted isn't in the respect thread. and if it was, probably gone. The links are all dead. Who ever said that Orion was a brick anyways?

cloud102
You should post more versatile feats, fangirl.

fangirl101
You should post more versatile feats, fangirl.
I will. I have a lot of material to sift thru and then copy and save and upload. It took me a couple of hours of reading and uploading the scans I posted. And still some Orion appearances elude my grasp.

Mindset
actually most of what I posted isn't in the respect thread. and if it was, probably gone. The links are all dead. So why not just update the respect thread?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mindset
So why not just update the respect thread?
Took me about 4 days to do the wondy thread. That was a monumental task. And I left a lot out on purpose becuz it was over whelming. People who do respect threads have my respect. I'll prolly do the orion thread once I'm done with tourney this weekend.

fangirl101
Bump

Rhinoceros

Tell me, is Orion a human?
Tell me, is he in good shape?

The reason I'm asking is that because your heart beat depends on your physical condition, If you're in a really good condition (ie a long distance runner) your heart beat usually is near 50 - 40 beats per minute. Besides, if Orion's not a human, is there a reason to compare his heart beat to a human's? When we don't even know what it is.

Bada's Palin
Are we talking application of power or like, max possible feat?

Orion's faster, but Thor can still run. Thor can control the weather "better" than orion, but they can still both control it.

Anyways, can Orion "unphase" himself like Thor did after Kitty pulled him waist deep into the concrete?

cloud102
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Are we talking application of power or like, max possible feat?

Orion's faster, but Thor can still run. Thor can control the weather "better" than orion, but they can still both control it.

Anyways, can Orion "unphase" himself like Thor did after Kitty pulled him waist deep into the concrete?

Yes, kinda. In Simonson's run he wanted to phase, but Apokolips jamed his MB.

Juntai
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
Tell me, is Orion a human?
Tell me, is he in good shape?

The reason I'm asking is that because your heart beat depends on your physical condition, If you're in a really good condition (ie a long distance runner) your heart beat usually is near 50 - 40 beats per minute. Besides, if Orion's not a human, is there a reason to compare his heart beat to a human's? When we don't even know what it is.
The first question should be;
Did it say one of Orion's heartbeats, or just general narration, which would suggest normal measure of a human heartbeat since a human wrote it?

Bada's Palin
Yes, kinda. In Simonson's run he wanted to phase, but Apokolips jamed his MB.

I don't think we're using motherbox's?

Juntai
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
I don't think we're using motherbox's? Is Thor getting his hammer?

Both are part of 'standard equipment'.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Juntai
Is Thor getting his hammer?

Both are part of 'standard equipment'. Im not sayin that he shouldnt get his motherbox,but its not comparable to Thor's hammer imo.

cloud102
Yeah, both are standard for each.

beast1234
Im not sayin that he shouldnt get his motherbox,but its not comparable to Thor's hammer imo.

Yes it is. Is just that the mother box power is based on science instead of magic and it draw power from the source.

fangirl101
Bump

fangirl101
bump

The Great Galen
Hmm....so in addition to movement superspeed he can actually apply this during battle either offensivly or defensily, which makes sense considering his MA talent. His harness does seem to be faster then he can move(much like SS board)but I'm assuming he can ultalize the speed of his harness during battle as well.

skyfather
Thor 7-8/10

cloud102
bump

Still Orion. duh.

skygunner41
ORION FTW.

Mindset
This isn't a fight

skygunner41
This isn't a fight

Isn't this thread is about Orion range of abilities vs thor range of abilities ?

LordofBrooklyn
Thor can ressurect all the beings of his world.

Orion cannot ressurect all the dead from New Genesis.

TricksterPriest
That was with the Odinforce. And Orion was able to use the Astro Force to cleanse New Genesis of the taint of Source Madness.

Mindset
Originally posted by skygunner41
Isn't this thread is about Orion range of abilities vs thor range of abilities ? No, but you could have answered your own question if you read the first post.

skygunner41
No, but you could have answered your own question if you read the first post.

In a sense

Priest
Classic Thor is more versatile.

cloud102
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
That was with the Odinforce. And Orion was able to use the Astro Force to cleanse New Genesis of the taint of Source Madness.

Orion has also manipulated life, though small, he has still shown just as great of range as Thor.

LordofBrooklyn
Thor can survive a radion attack.

Orion cannot survive a radion attack.

Wild Shadow
i just wanted to point out the speed line drawn defense. i saw the battle and realized that ppl like batman and nightwing and cassandra cain have all been drawn with speed lines and after images as well as multiple hitting attacks. does that mean they all possess superspeed?

cloud102
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Thor can survive a radion attack.

Orion cannot survive a radion attack.

Radion is their kryptonite. Orion is eternal, though.

TricksterPriest
Plus, no one besides other new gods has access to Radion. And the bullet that killed Orion was a time-traveling bullet fired from a temporal sniper rifle that was faster than the Flash.

Bentley
Plus, no one besides other new gods has access to Radion. And the bullet that killed Orion was a time-traveling bullet fired from a temporal sniper rifle that was faster than the Flash.

He still dies, Thor still survives. Deal with it. smile

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i just wanted to point out the speed line drawn defense. i saw the battle and realized that ppl like batman and nightwing and cassandra cain have all been drawn with speed lines and after images as well as multiple hitting attacks. does that mean they all possess superspeed?

Yes, peak humans/meta's in both companies are typically attributed with superspeed...they all have super fast movement. In DCU, superspeed and fast movement are still attributed to characterd regardless of tiers...in marvel this isn't the case.

Mindset
Plus, no one besides other new gods has access to Radion. And the bullet that killed Orion was a time-traveling bullet fired from a temporal sniper rifle that was faster than the Flash. How could it be faster than Flash, according to you Flash can go as fast as he wants.

LordofBrooklyn
Thor- Has the ability to attract beautiful women.

Orion- Meh. Not so much.

Allankles
How could it be faster than Flash, according to you Flash can go as fast as he wants.

Barry Allen couldn't stop the bullet that killed Orion even while using the speed force to the max.

Zack Fair
How could it be faster than Flash, according to you Flash can go as fast as he wants.

Flash forgot about that awesome

Mindset
Originally posted by Allankles
Barry Allen couldn't stop the bullet that killed Orion even while using the speed force to the max. And that has nothing to do with my post. thumb up

Mindset
If you're going to respond hurry up, I'm about to go to sleep.

cloud102
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Thor- Has the ability to attract beautiful women.

Orion- Meh. Not so much.

Have you seen Orion's wife? She's straight 10, gangsta.

Never Doubt

psycho gundam
you spelled nvr wrong

SuperiorTech
LOL

Never Doubt
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you spelled nvr wrong No doubt was taken. So Never Doubt was the next best thing. And Webster's is telling me that I spelled it right American.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

Thor and Mjolnir.

Never Doubt
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

Thor and Mjolnir. You would be hard pressed to come up with any feat that Thor has done that Orion has not also done or something similiar or out done.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Never Doubt
You would be hard pressed to come up with any feat that Thor has done that Orion has not also done or something similiar or out done.

Time freeze?

Unfair Modesty
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Time freeze? Something Similiar would be travering time. Which Orion has done.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.