Tangent Supes VS Superboy-Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

occultdestroyer
1st match: Normal levels

2nd match: Tangent Supes has a GL ring and SBP has Guardian Amp

Discuss.

fangirl101
SBP in both.

Enyalus
What fangirl said.

Symmetric Chaos
An extremely powerful telepath vs a guy with major psychological vulnerabilities.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
An extremely powerful telepath vs a guy with major psychological vulnerabilities.

Oops. Point there.

fangirl101
Who can blitz his head off before he gets to use those telepathic abilities.

cloud102
Tangent Superman wins.

occultdestroyer
Points taken.
Although no viable points to suggest who really is the 2nd most powerful version of Supes between the two.

fangirl101
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Points taken.
Although no viable points to suggest who really is the 2nd most powerful version of Supes between the two.
Prime has the feats. He moves planets before the inhabitants can notice a change in atmosphere. That is alot of power.

vansonbee
Originally posted by fangirl101
Prime has the feats. He moves planets before the inhabitants can notice a change in atmosphere. That is alot of power. SBP might be stronger, but Tangent might take more the few hits to use his telepathic abilities

Avlon
Prime ftw.

As much as I like SuperMAN, I can see SBP saying something like "stupid telepaths.." or "Superman isn't a black man!" and ko'ing Harvey.

Zack Fair
ROFL@SuperMAN isn't a black man!

Priest
lol Tangent is overratted.

DestinyGuy678
I realized that after seeing his fight with superman, they are about the same level

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Avlon
"Superman isn't a black man!" haermm

Harbinger
Prime ftw.

As much as I like SuperMAN, I can see SBP saying something like "stupid telepaths.." or "Superman isn't a black man!" and ko'ing Harvey.

rolling on floor laughing laughing

Galan007
An extremely powerful telepath vs a guy with major psychological vulnerabilities. but there's never been an instance where prime has been affected by TP, in a negative way. so... even though prime may have pre-existing psychological conditions, it doesn't necessarily mean harvey can exploit them.

prime ftw, imo.

Prime ftw.

As much as I like SuperMAN, I can see SBP saying something like "stupid telepaths.." or "Superman isn't a black man!" and ko'ing Harvey. so true. laughing out loud

Mindset
Has Prime ever shown any resistance to tp?

Phantom Zone
Prime ftw.

LOL for once I agree with you 100%...so true. laughing out loud

Eel O'Brien
Has Prime ever shown any vulnerability to tp?

Mindset
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Has Prime ever shown any vulnerability to tp? no expression

So because Prime hasn't shown a vunerability to a method of attack that was never used on him he is immune?

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
no expression

So because Prime hasn't shown a vunerability to a method of attack that was never used on him he is immune? would you rather assume he's vulnerable to TP, despite him never displaying such a weakness?

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
would you rather assume he's vulnerable to TP, despite him never displaying such a weakness? Well unless there is a reason he should be immune to it I'd say that makes more sense...

Galan007
Well unless there is a reason he should be immune to it I'd say that makes more sense... he's immune to magic, and kryptonite. there's your 'reason(s)'... uhuh

Eel O'Brien
no expression

So because Prime hasn't shown a vunerability to a method of attack that was never used on him he is immune?

I just asked a question. But it looks like you've made up your mind.

If TP could stop him, someone probably would have used it by now.

Mindset
I just asked a question.

But it looks like you've made up your mind.

And I just asked you a question. smile

But yea, it makes sense that everyone assumed tp wouldn't work on him and just let him rip through Earth's heroes w/o attempting it.

I mean, we all gotta die sometime, right.

Dark-Jaxx
he's immune to magic, and kryptonite. there's your 'reason(s)'... uhuh His immunity to Kryptonite is not an immunity at all, Kryptonite does not affect Kryptonians who are from a different universe than the one the Kryptonite was from. This was also demonstrated by Kal-L when Batman used his Kryptonite ring in the hopes of weakening him.

Magic immunity is unique to him however.

However, I would not say he should just be assumed to be immune to something he has never shown to be, that would be like assuming Beak is immune to reality warping, even though Beak has never shown to be.

But one thing I will say, with the way SMP is generally written, being immune to telepathy would come as no surprise at all, so he probably is immune to it.

DestinyGuy678
didn't martian manhunter attempt it? i dont think it did anything more than get him angry

Dark-Jaxx
Not to my knowledge.

He was able to read his mind however.

Avlon
no expression

Using that method of debating, we can argue that Starbucks is deadly to SS.

Dark-Jaxx
Using that method of debating, we can argue that Starbucks is deadly to SS. Using that form of debating, we can argue that reality warping wouldn't affect Sammy the Squidboy.

Mindset
Using that method of debating, we can argue that Starbucks is deadly to SS. Yes we could, if we were all idiots.

I'm not, I didn't think you were either, was I wrong? smile

Avlon
Yes we could, if we were all idiots.

I've seen some strange claims here in the past. It doesn't make your guesstimate any more debate worthy though. wink

I'm not, I didn't think you were either, was I wrong? smile

I certainly hope you aren't.

Dark-Jaxx
Both saying SMP has a crippling weakness to telepathy and saying it will not affect him are assumptions.

Mindset
I've seen some strange claims here in the past. It doesn't make your guesstimate any more debate worthy though. wink

I certainly hope you aren't. So I guess using your guesstimate is more debate worthy. smile

Symmetric Chaos
Has Prime ever shown any vulnerability to tp?

He's terrified of the Flashes and Nightshade demonstrated that he's afraid of the dark. He's not explicitly vulnerable to it but TP tends to be effective at exploiting fears. As far as we know TP works on him like it works on normal people but the vulnerabilities he has probably make him a easier target.

Avlon
So I guess using your guesstimate is more debate worthy. smile

Since I haven't made a guesstimate, your point fails. smile

kgkg
smile

Mindset
Since I haven't made a guesstimate, your point fails. smile Since you were disagreeing with my point that it's possible for tp to work than I figured you would be agreeing with those saying it wouldn't.

Since you are not you really didn't bring anything to this thread that hasn't already been said.

smile

Mindset
avlon i love u

Galan007
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
His immunity to Kryptonite is not an immunity at all, Kryptonite does not affect Kryptonians who are from a different universe than the one the Kryptonite was from. This was also demonstrated by Kal-L when Batman used his Kryptonite ring in the hopes of weakening him.

Magic immunity is unique to him however. you don't think i knew these things? the post i made was meant to be sarcastic. horribly sarcastic. ermm

Mindset
I knew you were being sarcastic, what do I win? eek!

batdude123
I knew you were being sarcastic, what do I win? eek!

Reported.

Mindset
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/Langanator/screamingblackkid.jpg

Galan007
I knew you were being sarcastic, what do I win? eek! http://i13.tinypic.com/72j16hy.jpg

uhuh

Bentley
Prime for the stomp.

Dark-Jaxx
you don't think i knew these things? the post i made was meant to be sarcastic. horribly sarcastic. ermm Oh no I am well aware of both your Prime knowledge and the fact that you indeed were using a sarcastic tone in your post, hence why I responded with a humorless, serious post to eradicate any possible form of humor that could of been found in your previously mentioned post.

In short, fvck you, I'm a dick. 131

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Oh no I am well aware of both your Prime knowledge and the fact that you indeed were using a sarcastic tone in your post, hence why I responded with a humorless, serious post to eradicate any possible form of humor that could of been found in your previously mentioned post.

In short, fvck you, I'm a dick. 131 no expression

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by quanchi112
no expression Hi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.