The Punisher: No Mercy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Frank is back to punish more villains in videogames and this time, his game is a PS3 exclusive so Xbox/Marvel fans will throw themselves off buildings Happening-style.

The game is a first person shooter and is set to come out somewhere in 2009.

Some familair characters will return such Bushwhacker and Jigsaw.

The rating will be rated M

What do you guys think?

Raoul
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Frank is back to punish more villains in videogames and this time, his game is a PS3 exclusive so Xbox/Marvel fans will throw themselves off buildings Happening-style.

The game is a first person shooter and is set to come out somewhere in 2009.

Some familair characters will return such Bushwhacker and Jigsaw.

The rating will be rated M

What do you guys think?

i was one of the few people that enjoyed the 3rd person punisher game, so i may give this a look...

ragesRemorse
I remember the ps2 punisher game being well received. It is definitely one of the best comic book games. That game is still fun to play. As long as this one is an updated version of that game i might actually buy it. I hope the bloody interrogations and gore make a return

Kazenji
First Person Shooter ?

bugger that i'd rather they go back to the third person style.

Markus Corvinus
If I like what I see from gameplay footage, I may check this one out. I heard some positive things about the last game, but never got around to renting or buying it, so if this one looks good, I'll definitely buy.

ragesRemorse
damn, i didnt read that it was fps. That is an instant turn off.

Wei Phoenix
a Punisher FPS? Oh god Sony can keep that game.

Stoic
It will probably make it's way to the 360... Microsoft has wtf pwned Sony for the past 2 years running.

Scythe
Haha, Bushwhacker

Sado22
Punisher rules. I loved all the games that came out for him. the last one was brilliant in a lot of ways but what took the cake was:
-had characters and settings from Garth Ennis's "Welcome back, Frank" arc and the one that followed
-they were true to the characters (never smiles, brutal, great one liners)
-interrogation scenes and specials kills

the best bit in the game was when you fight the Japanese mafia and after a special kill on one of the whiny little buggers, the rest of the guys come out and one of them says: "oh no! they killed kenji!" laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Frank rules.

~The Skull-t-shirt Wearing Sado-sama

Kazenji
I also liked how it had character cameos from other Marvel superheroes like that one where your at Stark industries and you get to see Iron Man.

Morridini
Very big Punisher fan here, will keep an eye out on this.

Quincy
kudos goes to the last punisher game for having a Matt Murdock cameo.

Red Nemesis
Can anyone explain why it has an 'M' rating?

NonSensi-Klown
... it's the Punisher. no expression

Nemesis X
A non M rated Punisher game? That would be an instant turn off.

Kazenji
That last punisher game they made was MA 15+ here in australia

Sado22
shock

Kazenji
I'm guessing it had that adults only rating thats over there in the states.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm guessing it had that adults only rating thats over there in the states.

Naw it was M.

Phantom Zone
Im a Punisher fan but I just don't think fps is my style, besides I think im overdosing on too many Punisher comics and have to buy something else but the game sounds really good, will buy it at some point.

Morridini
First trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43001.html

Meh, don't think I'll keep much of an eye on this one.

Bardock42
Doesn't seem to bring anything particularly great to the table.
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Im a Punisher fan but I just don't think fps is my style, besides I think im overdosing on too many Punisher comics and have to buy something else but the game sounds really good, will buy it at some point.

Do you read Punisher MAX?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Bardock42
Doesn't seem to bring anything particularly great to the table.

Do you read Punisher MAX?

I have some Punisher Max (everything up to up is down and down is up), but im mainly collecting classic Punisher and the current Punisher series from the mainstream Marvel universe.

Raoul
Originally posted by Morridini

that was... underwhelming, imo...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
I have some Punisher Max (everything up to up is down and down is up), but im mainly collecting classic Punisher and the current Punisher series from the mainstream Marvel universe. Ah I see, don't really read current Punisher. I read some War Journal...but I am mostly into the Ennis stuff, cause he is just great.

Nemesis X
This has got to be the first ever Punisher game to turn me down.

Sado22
ennis is the shite. no body ever did justice to Frank until Ennis showed up. and lolz at roadrolling wolverine! laughing

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sado22
ennis is the shite. no body ever did justice to Frank until Ennis showed up

"Ahem" some of the earlier punisher comics were also done good (the 1987 series) did a good of it too without the MAX imprint being around at the time.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Morridini

Punisher FPS fails, no interrogations, no human shielding, no rage mode, you probably can't even bring your own weapons to the party.

Sado22
yes i know. i'm about as big a punisher as they get. fact of the matter is, aside from punishervol1 and the earlier issues of war jouranl/warzone the rest started sucking half way because of all the cliches and all made it bland as hell. that's why it was axed. heck, remember the punisher arc where he becomes a part of the mafia. how more cliched can it get than that?

Ennis brought to it a whole new level of maturity and violence and dark comedy. MAX then oneups that all, minus the dark comedy.

~Sado
P.S. Preacher>>>>>>>>>>every graphic novel to date

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.