Good or Evil: which side do you choose?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
There's a lot of games where you can choose to be either good angel,
or evil devil.

Which side do you choose? What evil or good deeds have you done and what games did you do these in?

WrathfulDwarf
First good and later Evil.

It really depends on the game too. In GTA IV I was more bad than good. In Fallout 3 I'm more of a Saint than a sick bastard.

Burning thought
Ime opposite, Ime evil, then ime good

Dark-Jaxx
On games like that, I am always evil, then good, but I always prefer being a spiteful evil bastard.

Like in Fable 1. I enjoyed doing things like decapitating an entire village, marrying women then killing them once I have t3h buttsekz, marrying women then divorcing them to have t3h buttsekz(for some reason...Divorcing your wife gets more evil points than killing), making sexual and suggestive poses to small children, killing my older sister, beating up a defenseless old man(I thought you could "break" me nigga), and eating small baby chicks. Real sick shit.

First_Tsurugi06
I always tend to do an equal amount whenever I get the chance. Anti-heroes ftw.

General Kaliero
I usually do the evil stuff first, for escapism's sake. Then I'll play through again and be good.

Although in Mass Effect I was pleasantly surprised when my character was a rebellious, orders-ignoring *****, and yet still made good decisions where it was important. That was nice.

Neo Darkhalen
Usually good in 360 games (since they always seem to warrant an achievement...like Bioshock) but i tend to usually be bad first...it's much more fun then being good.

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah, but no matter the choice, in Mass Effect you are not really "evil", the difference between Renegade and Paragon are what your priorities are, your values, do you value your comrades over the success of the mission of vice-versa?

Davehead
I'm always good. Good good good.

ragesRemorse
Always good

Icy Ninja
Good first because I don't like having my guy turn ugly looking(kotor fable), then I play evil just to be a dick to people Mass effect was the only game were I played the "evil" guy first

Nemesis X
Shepard can be evil in Mass Effect. You can shoot some innocent bystanders in the face and you can choose to let the council die. If that ain't evil, I don't know what is.

NonSensi-Klown
Being bad in Mass Effect was cool. Being bad in KOTOR was weak, ebcause you felt like a spiteful 8-year old not a sith.

Meh, "good" is better than evil anyway in the long run; always is.

Raoul
Originally posted by General Kaliero
I usually do the evil stuff first, for escapism's sake. Then I'll play through again and be good.

Although in Mass Effect I was pleasantly surprised when my character was a rebellious, orders-ignoring *****, and yet still made good decisions where it was important. That was nice.

exactly the same as me, twas awesome... though i did sacrifice the council in the final battle, greater good and all...

MadMel
depends on the game..
in black and white 2, for example..i can play both sides if a wish. but i prefer to be neutral/slightly evil most of the time - building great cities and armies, but if im low on mana, im not above grabbing 20 or more villages and dumping them in the sacrificial pit for a quick boost erm

occultdestroyer
The bad guys are always the toughest badasses in the game, especially the evil final bosses.
I want to be the evil boss!

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by MadMel
depends on the game..
in black and white 2, for example..i can play both sides if a wish. but i prefer to be neutral/slightly evil most of the time - building great cities and armies, but if im low on mana, im not above grabbing 20 or more villages and dumping them in the sacrificial pit for a quick boost erm Seriously, why do you add a "erm" smilie at the end of like 80% of your posts even when it is not necessary? I mean honestly. It bothers me. no expression

SnakeEyes
I tend to do evil first, and it's not always intentional, sometimes I **** up and kill an innocent character and then I'm just like "screw it" and I just accept the fact that I must be an evil guy.

Menetnashté
I tend to be good. Good is usually more difficult anyways.

MadMel
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Seriously, why do you add a "erm" smilie at the end of like 80% of your posts even when it is not necessary? I mean honestly. It bothers me. no expression
it masks the fact that i didnt use a full stop...or used too many full stops..
also its basically the expression i get when i read about nearly every post i reply to, or the topic we are discussing erm

stick out tongue

Yoshi Paradise
I'm always on the good side when playing video games.

THE JLRTENJAC
First time through, I am always good. Second time through I usually go evil. (Especially if you get achievements for it.) I see it as you haven't completed a game unless you go through all endings.

Peach
I prefer playing evil, though it bothers me that the only evil you can be in video games is the straight out kill everything in your path sort of evil. You can't manipulate people into doing your bidding and stuff like that, which is a lot of fun as well.

Also, it annoys me that in games like KOTOR and Fable, it's more difficult to be evil.

At least in Fable, there's consequences to being evil. I always thought it incredibly lame and stupid in KOTOR, where you can be incredibly evil but nothing actually happens. There should be bouny hunters chasing after you and stuff like that, not people acting as though you're perfectly normal.

Nemesis X
In inFamous, a woman called me a loser and threw a rock at me. How did I respond to this? I just shockwaved a car and that car flipped and squashed that woman. I saw her moving so I blew up the car that was on her and she was no more evil face

Kero_Co
chaotic good <_<

4 Serials, Good> Evil normally.

Nephthys
EVIL!!!

Zack Fair
I usually go through these phases:

1. Good
2. Neutral
3. Evil
4. Satan Incarnate
5. Neutral
6. Saint

Ryo 666
Bad everytime.

XanatosForever
Good => Bad => Neutral

dadudemon
I could have sworn it was an unspoken rule among video gamers that you have to play through the game as good first, then evil. erm*

*Yes, that was for you, Nemebro. erm

Digi
Chaotic Neutral??

Good, usually. Most of my experience with this choice is in RPG's or variations thereof, and there always seems to be better healing on the good side. I'll take heals over more damage any day.

But seriously, Chaotic Neutral. Best way to go.

yes

Zack Fair
I'm currently the most evil SOB in Fallout.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Digi
Chaotic Neutral??

Good, usually. Most of my experience with this choice is in RPG's or variations thereof, and there always seems to be better healing on the good side. I'll take heals over more damage any day.

But seriously, Chaotic Neutral. Best way to go.

yes

Purely an matter of opinion, sir. You can only get so much done with chaos. wink

Oh, and D&D for the win. smile

Allankles
Depends on the the game. In Bethseda games I tend to be good for the most part (don't really see the point of being evil in their games, cause you're either a necro or a psychopath if you go evil in their games).

In a few Bioware games (especially Jade Empire) it paid to be bad, like becoming a god emperor, and you could manipulate one person into your way of thinking.

Kotor 2 also allowed you to manipulate people to the dark side which was cool. So mostly good, except in games like Jade Empire or Kotor 2 where being bad is a lot better than being good.

Hewhoknowsall
Almost always good. I tend to feel bad when I play as a bad character, so I try and be a goodie as possible.

MooCowofJustice
I always play Good. I don't usually play Evil at all.

dadudemon, your signature looks delicious.

OOBAEW
Good.

These games are generally created with the "good" path ultimately being the one you're supposed to and intended to take and as such they usually put much more thought and time into that route and everything generally fits together much better.

Burning thought
I find that games that make you evil from the start (Dungeon keeper, Overlord etc) make me feel less evil overall because I have not actually made the decision to be evil, cruel etc

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Burning thought
I find that games that make you evil from the start (Dungeon keeper, Overlord etc) make me feel less evil overall because I have not actually made the decision to be evil, cruel etc

These games completely sap all the fun out of being an evil douchebag.

Ryo 666
Originally posted by dadudemon
I could have sworn it was an unspoken rule among video gamers that you have to play through the game as good first, then evil. erm*

*Yes, that was for you, Nemebro. erm Say what?

Nemesis X
I like being evil in Fallout because it's the only way to go if you want to nuke a bunch of cities.

Burning thought
A bunch?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Burning thought
A bunch?

How many cities are available to get nuked at? I don't know because I haven't had the chance to journey far in Fallout 3.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by OOBAEW
Good.

These games are generally created with the "good" path ultimately being the one you're supposed to and intended to take and as such they usually put much more thought and time into that route and everything generally fits together much better.

Excellent point.

Estacado
Evils is always more fun.....

jalek moye
Depends on whatt he choices are for me for the first play through

then i normally pick the opposite of what i did last time

Nemesis X
Being evil is what makes you rich faster. Do you have any idea how long it takes to get money for a powerful weapon while you're good?

Sado22
i always played heel in wrestling games. heels is so much fun. even if i was wrestler in real life i'd be a heel cuz of the freedom it gets you. a face is supposed to just keep all the fans happy. heel can tell them to go 'f' themselves as long he's good enough with the mic and in the ring.

~Sado

Kazenji
I think sado got the wrong thread.

Sado22
"heel" are the "evil" guys in wrestling.

~Sado
P.S. nice sig mate. Punisher>>Marvel+DC

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sado22
"heel" are the "evil" guys in wrestling.

Gotcha, thought you stuffed up because that other wrestling game thread

Eh i actually like both Marvel and DC but more Wildstorm for DC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.