Star Wars: The Old Republic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Knightfa11
Since this is no longer known as "mystery mmo by bioware omg lulz can't wait!!11one" and there is an actual site for it, I am creating a thread for it.

The Game is supposed to take place three hundred years after Knights of The Old Republic, and three thousand five hundred years before the movies. It looks good, but it looks sucky as there will probably not be any appearance of Revan or the exile.

Here is the website.

Removed.

Here it is for real if you clicked the first one.

http://www.swtor.com/

xxxpoppunker182
dude this is old news......

Lord Knightfa11
indeed but there is no thread for it.

Darth Exodus
Ahhhhh! I GOT RICK-ROLLED!!!!!!

Captain REX
You continue to earn my ire, Knightfa11...

This game has more promise that Galaxies due to its setting; people going straight for Jedi or Sith are no longer going to be paradoxical freaks because it is a time period in which there are hundreds of Jedi and Sith, rather than the Galactic Empire era when they are extinct/only two.

Darth Sexy
Interesting that they would do this seeing as how almost every major source says that the sith disappeared after the Exile defeated Kreia, up until Darth Ruin almost 2,000 years later. Looks like another retcon. But Holy shit. Apparently this brings in the "True Sith". Amazing. It really is a continuation of the first two.

xxxpoppunker182
I have never herd anything about the sith disappearing after kotor2 what sources are you referring to?

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
I have never herd anything about the sith disappearing after kotor2 what sources are you referring to?

I was wrong. What this game does is completely make up shit ignoring previous canon. According to the site, as the republican chased down the sith after the GH War, the last emperor of the sith (since when did they have emperors) took other sith with him and disappeared into the unknown regions, where they became the true sith. However, the True Sith have existed for tens of thousands of years according to Kreia. This storyline would make more sense I suppose seeing as how you're not going to exist for tens of thousands of years planning to strike the republic. The problems come in when they say this "emperor" has found techniques that prolonged his life for 1500+ years, making him what, extremely powerful. The whole storyline looks to be the best thing I've seen in the SW universe thus far, if we ignore all the previous sources. If we don't, this is a shit mess that's going to cause lots of problems for all of the sources written before.

Faunus
That's a whole lot of faith in something we know so little about.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Captain REX
You continue to earn my ire, Knightfa11...
so you were rick roll't? Happy Dance

As for the series I think what they mean by the "emperor of the sith" is revan who disappeared, taking sith with him where he found/joined/became heirs of the true sith? Is this what they could mean?

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Faunus
That's a whole lot of faith in something we know so little about.

Judging by what I've read thus far Faunus.

PlayerHater117
The Game is supposed to take place three hundred years after Knights of The Old Republic, and three thousand five hundred years before the movies.

I'm not sure that's right. I am replying like a year after you posted this (so there was no way for you to know) but during E3 09 they released a trailer for swtor, and I thought Malak was in it. It might be BEFORE Kotor 1.

PlayerHater117
Wtf? why does it say I posted the reply on Nov. 7th 2008? It's clearly July, 5, 2009. I'm new. I think my computers screwby. Just ignore the part about beuing a year later. Just focus on the malak E3 09.

Nephthys
Don't worry, your computer isn't screwy its just that the time and date of the post come up below your post, not above it. Also, I'm fairly certain the new Dark Lord of the Sith isn't Malak, its just some new guy posing as Naga Sadow, the guy with the tomb in Kotor.

Also, welcome.

Slash_KMC
Nah, the guy in the trailer is just Lord Angral.

Dr McBeefington
Actually it's not lord angral.

Slash_KMC
Well I know he led the attack on Coruscant. So it is natural to assume he also led the attack on the Jedi Temple.

Besides, if he loses the breath thingy in the trailer, he looks the same as the Lord Angral in the webcomics.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Well I know he led the attack on Coruscant. So it is natural to assume he also led the attack on the Jedi Temple.

Besides, if he loses the breath thingy in the trailer, he looks the same as the Lord Angral in the webcomics.

The sith lord in the trailer looks nothing like Angral. He doesn't have a prosthetic eye. Or maybe this is more contradiction from the writers of the game.

Slash_KMC
Yep, you're right, it isn't Angral.

ares834
All I know is the new Sith looks pretty bad ass.

Liquorsnake
This is probably gonna turn out like any other western MMORPG out there... big emphasis on gameplay, minimal emphasis on storyline.

Nephthys
Actually I hear it has a lot of story. Individual stories for each class, 10+ classes. Apparently the big thing about OR is going to be the story. Some guy said it had enough story in it to be Kotor 3-15, or something.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
hopefully it wont be centered on grinding. I hate mmos like that.

mattatom
Originally posted by Nephthys
Actually I hear it has a lot of story. Individual stories for each class, 10+ classes. Apparently the big thing about OR is going to be the story. Some guy said it had enough story in it to be Kotor 3-15, or something.
Mostly correct minus there are eight classes, shown here only 3/8 have been released. Though one of the Republic and the Sith will be a Force sensitive undoubtedly. Or something of that description.

Nephthys
Look fairly epic to me, the classes look interesting and fun, settings and story seem engaging and everything else looks badass.

Bounty hunters look epic, as does the new madalore. But I'm still on board with being a sith. What would everyone else be if they were playing (which side do you pick)?

Slash_KMC
Republic. Srsly.

Smuggler.

mattatom
Republic. Srsly.

Smuggler.
Aye Republic, unless some epic Sith class comes out, Smuggling ftw.

Nephthys
What!!? Bounty Hunters are waaay better than smugglers. Jetpack? Wrist launcher? FLAME-THROWER?

Zeus himself would shit his pants facing one of these. pained

mattatom
What!!? Bounty Hunters are waaay better than smugglers. Jetpack? Wrist launcher? FLAME-THROWER?

Zeus himself would shit his pants facing one of these. pained
Shush you woman, stop menstruating, anyway, I'll be playing both.
I also found this. Enjoy it was a good read, recommended.

Nephthys
Woot.

mattatom
Woot.
*bows*

Wolverine2179
If i play this game i am definately not playing a jedi or sith, i'd choose either the smuggler or bounty hunter.

Slash_KMC
They still have to release like 5 classes. And the more I think about the game, the more I want to play it.

chilled monkey
I don't really play games, but I liked the trailer. I read on wiki that there'll be a novellisation. I sure hope that is correct.

I especially liked the Bounty Hunter lady. I hope she'll be in the novel.

mattatom
They still have to release like 5 classes. And the more I think about the game, the more I want to play it.
It appears on the Gamesradar article that of course Force sensitives will be included whether that will be an additional 9th class or an addition to the 8, with one dark side force sensitive and one light side...I am very curious to find out.

Liquorsnake
Hopefully this knocks WoW off of its undeserved #1 spot. And I'm with Exodus on this one, bounty hunters are gonna be the sh1t. Fvck smugglers.

Slash_KMC
*Insert bounty hunter Boba Fett's death by blind smuggler Han Solo video*

Zeus himself would shit his pants facing one of these. pained mhm ya. a jetpack that the best bounty hunter sucks enough at to fly into a sarlaac pit.

mattatom
Originally posted by Liquorsnake
Hopefully this knocks WoW off of its undeserved #1 spot. And I'm with Exodus on this one, bounty hunters are gonna be the sh1t. Fvck smugglers.
It's says it's WoW's only competition in the article, I got the trial of WoW played it for an hour, and got bored. No fun at all...

Slash_KMC
I'm embarrassed to say I played the game for half a year due to peer pressure. But damn, it got soooo boring.

mattatom
I'm embarrassed to say I played the game for half a year due to peer pressure. But damn, it got soooo boring.
*Facepalms* Sad sad Slash.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by mattatom

thumb up

mattatom
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
thumb up
Thumbs up from Red!blink I can now die a happy man.

Slash_KMC

I have recovered by now. Those dark ages have past. Now the next called 'The Old Republic' will begin.

By the way, why hasn't Red ever given me a thumbs up?? I want to die happy too! *Looks confused*

mattatom
I have recovered by now. Those dark ages have past. Now the next called 'The Old Republic' will begin.

By the way, why hasn't Red ever given me a thumbs up?? I want to die happy too! *Looks confused*
You don't deserve one, that or you did what this bloke did.

chilled monkey
*Insert bounty hunter Boba Fett's death by blind smuggler Han Solo video*

Accidents can happen to anyone.

Thumbs up from Red!blink I can now die a happy man. join the club.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.