He-Man/Skeletor vs Thor (classic)/Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
dontgetit

guy222
team two

Stoic
I agree team two, but only barely.

UKR
Team two, actually quite easily. 80s He-Man wasn't that powerful. He had one instance of moving a planet but other feats were much lower and wildly inconsistent. In most instances he didn't move planets. Skeletor never did anything that put him on a par with a Doctor Strange-level wizard, at least not that I know of. I heard that Skeletor with help from Evil-Lynn controlled a comet, but a Strange-level sorcerer should have Death Star-like firepower, in fact greater power than that. Gods are not always the most powerful characters in the show but few people aside from the Allfather are mightier than Thor or Loki.

spawnwest
Team one

fangirl101
Originally posted by UKR
Team two, actually quite easily. 80s He-Man wasn't that powerful. He had one instance of moving a planet but other feats were much lower and wildly inconsistent. In most instances he didn't move planets. Skeletor never did anything that put him on a par with a Doctor Strange-level wizard, at least not that I know of. I heard that Skeletor with help from Evil-Lynn controlled a comet, but a Strange-level sorcerer should have Death Star-like firepower, in fact greater power than that. Gods are not always the most powerful characters in the show but few people aside from the Allfather are mightier than Thor or Loki.
Are we talking about comics or cartoons?

DarkOdin
Originally posted by fangirl101
Are we talking about comics or cartoons?

Ya cartoon HE-man pawns Thor. He was a beast.

HE punched a moon into dust.

Spins and makes a torando

He tossed castle grayskull from reality to another.

He has down some uber near pre crisis supers level stuff

Thor would be left crying holding on to his hammer a wishing for the hurting to stop.

Bada's Palin
Team 2.

leonidas
he-man fought pre-c supes to a standstill in a comicbook . . .

basically i fugured thor/he-man could go either way. skeletor/loki i was less sure of . . .

guy222
what issue is that leo

leonidas
it's an old dc presents--#47 i think. skeletor uses a magic whammy on supes and controls him to fight he-man. it's a brief battle, but he-man is certainly in pre-c supes' class--in that issue anyway. shrug

DigiMark007
It's a non-fight between PC Supes and Adam. Read the 'spek thread for details. It tells us nothing.

Though the other side, that He-Man lacks feats, is also untrue. Both of the Eternians have passable respect threads to dispel the fog for anyone interested.

I love everyone in this fight. Though I'll side with team Marvel. He-Man and Skeletor have feats that can put them at or near the other duo, and their best feats are actually fairly equal, but there's also a lot more low showings for them. Beyond that, the Asgardians have mobility/flight advantage, and in theory the Sword of Power > all kinds of things, but in feats Mjolnir is slightly > than Adam's sword.

If we get clever and say it's the Skeletor/He-Man that each have half of the Sword of Power, you might be looking at a suddenly universal-level threat if they combined them into the total package. But at base levels, team Marvel takes it.

leonidas
yeah, it was pretty much a non-fight, but it served to show that he-man and supes were at least in the same class. who knows how it would have turned out--supes has speed and versatility over him, but in strength, it was made out to be at least fairly even.

skeletor is still the unknown to me . ..

DigiMark007
He-Man can match strength with anyone. That's kind of his thing. And actually has enough reaction feats to say that most herald-ers wouldn't be running circles around him. The Sword has displayed energy blasts, so he's not without at least some ranged options, but lack of flight hurts, and the energy blasts aren't anything special. Most mid-herald-or-above characters who use their powers wisely (i.e. forum battles) should pull out a win.

Skeletor's all over the map. Herald-level wizard? Street-level coward? You could find scans to justify either. Which is why I endorse the Marvel duo....a bit more uniformity to their power continuity.

Some of the links in his spek thread are broken, and it doesn't have a ton of his stuff, but there's enough to get a general gauge.

The Heap
I'd say Team 1 takes it, assuming Skeletor doesn't backstab He-Man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.