Silver Age classic Odin VS Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UKR
If I'm not mistaken, the Asgardians of the early days of Marvel were at the top link of the cosmic food chain and the other cosmic types couldn't even approach their incomprehensible might. But they were disrespected by writers over the years so that they were eventually so badly powered down that the GODS don't even get a rung on the universe's power ladder. People seem to agree that Odin can't beat Galactus, but would the Allfather from the days when he was the end-all-be-all of the MU do any better?

Edit: This is a sated, but not fully charged, Galactus. So he's not hungry but not at the peak of his ability.

Knowsbleed33
Galactus>Odin since the beginning of time.

Acrosurge
A medium level (just ate a planet) Galactus should still be too much for Odin, IMO.

guy222
Galactus wins. Its not a stomp

kgkg
Originally posted by UKR
If I'm not mistaken, the Asgardians of the early days of Marvel were at the top link of the cosmic food chain and the other cosmic types couldn't even approach their incomprehensible might. But they were disrespected by writers over the years so that they were eventually so badly powered down that the GODS don't even get a rung on the universe's power ladder. People seem to agree that Odin can't beat Galactus, but would the Allfather from the days when he was the end-all-be-all of the MU do any better?

Edit: This is a sated, but not fully charged, Galactus. So he's not hungry but not at the peak of his ability. Asgardian in the early days were any different than today sure they had better feat but Odin near his death time had decent feat.

Feat wise Odin can compete with Galactus but looking at ranking a Normal Galactus would beat Odin with easy.

guy222
G wins a good battle

The Dark Cloud
Silver age G was the single most powerful entity in Marvel. That trumps silver age Odin.

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Silver age G was the single most powerful entity in Marvel.

Say what?

Silver Age G couldn't put down Ego while flying around in his spacecycle.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Enyalus
Say what?

Silver Age G couldn't put down Ego while flying around in his spacecycle.
Hungry Galactus, and he actually beat Ego in the end.

guy222
Ego made G run

Enyalus
Originally posted by guy222
Ego made G run
thumb up

xJLxKing
Galactus wins

lawest9
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Silver age G was the single most powerful entity in Marvel. That trumps silver age Odin. Silver age Galactus was not the most powerful, he was even ran off by the energy displayed from Thor's hammer.

Granted he may have weakenedm but Odin still had many high end feats that truimped big G, i agreed with UKR, the marvel writers deliberately wtaered and powered down the O and the asgardians to put G and other cosmic entities at the forefront!

Enyalus
Originally posted by lawest9
Odin still had many high end feats that truimped big G

This is also not true.

Space M ummy
All that really needs to be said about this topic is that when (classic) galactus wasn't fooling around and REALLY WAS going to eat the earth, per the Watcher the ONLY THING that could (And did) stop him was the ultimate nullifier.

Odin and the Asgardian pantheon didn't even come into the equation.

Also consider during secret wars when Doom stole galactus' powers, he beat the living daylights out of Odin.

It's not even a contest here.

Survivor19
There were no Odin in the secret war...

Utrigita
Space was probably thinking of the second time that Doom stole the power from Galactus, were Doom with the mildest Concussion Blast defeated Odin.

KillAll
got a scan? i dont recall galactus beating odin. but it may have happened...

Utrigita
Odin and Galactus have never to my knowlegde fought each other in a direct battle...

http://img156.imageshack.us/i/doomodin26rz.jpg/

Doom with the power of Galactus blasting back Odin.

Priest
Originally posted by Utrigita
Odin and Galactus have never to my knowlegde fought each other in a direct battle...

http://img156.imageshack.us/i/doomodin26rz.jpg/

Doom with the power of Galactus blasting back Odin.
I'm pretty certain that Doom was powered by a Cosmic Cube at the time as well.

Utrigita
He was, but it was a rather insignificant part of the overall power according to Doom, which according to Reed had gained all Knowlegde in the Universe.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Statements%20of%20power/FFWGCM1007.jpg

Also you should note that Doom still with the Power of the CCU doesn't dare to hesitate a moment longer, that is the same Doom that owned a Uatu with the CCU.

Priest
He was, but it was a rather insignificant part of the overall power according to Doom, which according to Reed had gained all Knowlegde in the Universe.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Statements%20of%20power/FFWGCM1007.jpg

Also you should note that Doom still with the Power of the CCU doesn't dare to hesitate a moment longer, that is the same Doom that owned a Uatu with the CCU.
Reed stated that the CC allowed Doom to over come Galactus. He also states that the power of the CC allows him to become master of the Universe.

It seems to me that Galactus' power is insignificant compared to Doom's overall power.

Utrigita
Correct it Should be enough, however we know that based on the above scan that Doom obviously didn't share that point of view. What the Cosmic Cube did from my perspective, was that it transported Doom to the Planet that Galactus was located on while it was the Ultimate Machine that allowed Doom to possesses the knowlegde he required to get Galactus power in the first place according to Reed. Notice the equipment Doom is using is the same ore at least very similar to what Doom Used to steal Surfers power.

If that is the Case then why is Doom (with all the knowlegde in the Universe etc) stating that Galactus power is above that of the Cosmic Cube and why on earth is he seaking him out if he already got more power then Galactus possesses? It's hardly a logical move. That would be like obtaining Galactus power and then steal Surfers, if we go by the comparison that Doom made, which I given the circumstances believe more in then Reeds.

leonidas
Originally posted by Priest
I'm pretty certain that Doom was powered by a Cosmic Cube at the time as well.

and not just the cube AND g's powers! he also possessed one or 2 other objects of ridiculous power. that scan is laughably misplaced and if anything only serves odin's chances. even amped well beyond the powers galactus alone gave doom, odin STILL managed to hang in there for a brief time.

odin and thor have both said neither knew what would happen if odin faced galactus, but the allusion was pretty clear--they were at least comparable in power back then. i'd personally still give a slight edge to galactus, but this would have been a battle for the ages.

Mindset
Odin didn't really hang in there when Doom actually used his power, before that they were basically just wrestling.

leonidas
Originally posted by Mindset
Odin didn't really hang in there when Doom actually used his power, before that they were basically just wrestling.

given the power doom accessed, i'd say that WAS hanging in there . . .

Mindset
Yea, until Doom actually used that power to do anything besides lock arms with Odin... erm

Utrigita
Originally posted by leonidas
and not just the cube AND g's powers! he also possessed one or 2 other objects of ridiculous power. that scan is laughably misplaced and if anything only serves odin's chances. even amped well beyond the powers galactus alone gave doom, odin STILL managed to hang in there for a brief time.

Yes he had the Control Rod from Annihilus, the Ultimate Machine and the Sacred Helix of Randac and everything Doom arquired was with one goal insight: to obtain the Power of Galactus. Remember that Doom before he swoops down upon Galactus already have all these things and still make the comparison.

So a scan that stats that the power of the Cosmic Cube, which defeated a Watcher with ease, is a Fraction of the Power that Galactus posesses helps increases Odin, that got defeated with the Mildest Concussive Blast, chances? Odd.

Enyalus

I haven't read this arc, or even know where its from. Is this an actual CCU, or an Earth-made Cosmic Cube?

If its the former, that definitely puts Galactus solidly up there in the cosmic power department, definitely on par with Celestials (given was Kubik has said.) Galactus' power being above the Cosmic Control Rod + CCU + Ultimate Machine. Wow.

smile

Bentley
Galactus is more powerful than the Cubes that are themselves more powerful than skyfathers. That's how it is and how it has been pretty much since the afore mentioned arc.

quanchi112
Galactus wins.

leonidas
Yes he had the Control Rod from Annihilus, the Ultimate Machine and the Sacred Helix of Randac and everything Doom arquired was with one goal insight: to obtain the Power of Galactus. Remember that Doom before he swoops down upon Galactus already have all these things and still make the comparison.

So a scan that stats that the power of the Cosmic Cube, which defeated a Watcher with ease, is a Fraction of the Power that Galactus posesses helps increases Odin, that got defeated with the Mildest Concussive Blast, chances? Odd.

you have the scan where reed discusses all those things and shares that information . . .?

guy222
Posted those scans on ICT

I don't think its canon, but fun. Doom had a lot of power

leonidas
Originally posted by guy222
Posted those scans on ICT

I don't think its canon, but fun. Doom had a lot of power

not canon? how come?

guy222
I'll have to check

Utrigita
Originally posted by leonidas
you have the scan where reed discusses all those things and shares that information . . .?

This one?

http://img9.imageshack.us/i/fftwgcm11odingalactusrivals4li.jpg/

Utrigita
Originally posted by Enyalus
I haven't read this arc, or even know where its from. Is this an actual CCU, or an Earth-made Cosmic Cube?

I dont' recall how Doom got it. Will check.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.