Quasar vs Thor vs Silver Sufer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
Current.

Who takes this?

guy222
thor

quanchi112
Thor wins.

ultimatethor
Silver surfer.

Sin I AM
Quasar ftw

shokosugi
Quasar > Thor > SS

Acrosurge
I might put current Silver Surfer over Thor by a slim majority, but Quasar is definitely beneath both.

janus77
Surfer ftw.

guy222
Norrin isn't above Thor with Odin Power

We'll disagree friends

Acrosurge
Originally posted by guy222
Norrin isn't above Thor with Odin Power

We'll disagree friends That's cool, Guy. Your opinion has my respect, I'm just not sure current Thor is as powerful as his Rune version. In other words, I'm not sure that he kept all of his Odin power from the close of Disassembled. I could be wrong, though.

Thor with the full Odinpower is definitely above current Surfer, that I will say.

janus77
I wouldn't put Surfer > Odin, but Thor with the "Thorforce"/Odinforce, hasn't done much to impress so far.

I think they'll come up with some technicality to the deal ... perhaps Thor only has access to a fraction of the power or something?

also, need to figure out what this business of Surfer matching Thanos' power levels means, whether it has any meaning at all or not... if so, could be exciting. Thanos clearly can hang with Odin (though I doubt he could hurt Odin) so maybe there's scope for some serious power boost to Surfer?

guy222
^^I respect both of u guys opinion

Thor brought back all of the Asgardians save Odin and Surtur. Finally defeated the Destroyer. Lost to Rulk and had a good showing

I haven't seen any feats from Norrin besides the fight with Nova. Nova wasn't goin to win

janus77
thanks, I respect your opinion too.

and actually, I'd forgotten about the Surtur feat, was just thinking of the Destroyer and the resurrection of Asgard.

Surfer I rate for managing to survive the Crunch energies, as well as taking a beating from T&A. either of the latter can be considered beings who would one-shot pre-Annihilation/(pre-UniLord?) Surfer.

the other big feat, imo, is the fight with UniLord, where he basically chumped a juiced up rogue Watcher.

but again, to re-iterate, if Thor does have all Odin's power, then he's most likely above Surfer. though that is the point where I have my doubts.

guy222
Hopefully, its cleared up soon. I see Loki trying to usurp Thor in power once more

redhotrash
Weird to see people siding against Surfer, he usually gets huge props around here. And lets please pretend the rulk crap never happend. All that said, I think current Thor would be pretty close to Surfer in power with the odinforce. Assuming thats true, Thor wins because hes the more brutal fighter.

rotiart
quasar wins. Wendell vaughn reborn... Exploded and kos Thor and surfer

guy222
Elvis>Thor Power?

Priest
Current Quasar looks quite powerful..

Ill still side with Thor.

guy222
He does

Great feat

Bouboumaster
Surfer = Thor >> Quasar

fangirl101
All Heroes get power boost and in effect, no one gets a power boost.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by shokosugi
Quasar > Thor > SS

Nah. Ss has always been greater than quasar and that hasnt changed even with both their uprgrades. Thor and SS is a tough one as theoretically thor shud be greater with the Odin force but he is yet to prove he is that far above classic thor( he still has loads of time),

Red Hulk
Quasar can't win here...

He's useless against magic (if we follow the Thor example, although I believe he's beaten Strange before... meh), and is slightly less powerful than Surfer.

quanchi112
Originally posted by shokosugi
Quasar > Thor > SS Completely off.

Thor>Surfer>Quasar.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by quanchi112
Completely off.

Thor>Surfer>Quasar. How can you rule out an opinion with another opinion?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Red Hulk
How can you rule out an opinion with another opinion? I didnt. I showed him how I disagreed and put my opinion up.

Red Hulk
I didnt. I showed him how I disagreed and put my opinion up. Originally posted by quanchi112
Completely off.

You can disagree all you want (that's what the forums for), but you just told him he wasn't even close, and then inserted yours like it was fact.

Is all.

---

Anyway, I see Surfer winning here (using Classic Thor) until new Thor does more.

quanchi112
You can disagree all you want (that's what the forums for), but you just told him he wasn't even close, and then inserted yours like it was fact.

Is all. Does this surprise you? How many times has someone else done something similar to this?

fangirl101

Is all.

---

Anyway, I see Surfer winning here (using Classic Thor) until new Thor does more.
Surfer wins I agree. His new Attitude is all he ever needed to be Thor's superior anyway.

Red Hulk
Does this surprise you? How many times has someone else done something similar to this? Lots, but I saw yours today and felt the need to comment on it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101
Surfer wins I agree. His new Attitude is all he ever needed to be Thor's superior anyway. Why does Surfer win?

quanchi112
Lots, but I saw yours today and felt the need to comment on it. I see dont see how you think the Surfer pulls off a majority against Thor?

Red Hulk
Surfer wins I agree. His new Attitude is all he ever needed to be Thor's superior anyway. Pretty much. Plus, he's so much smarter and more skilled since his last fight with Thor... Thor is still Thor (ignoring current, since he's got nothing).

fangirl101
Pretty much. Plus, he's so much smarter and more skilled since his last fight with Thor... Thor is still Thor (ignoring current, since he's got nothing). Plus, logically speaking, Surfer knows the odin force. he once copied it and super charged it. I never understood why he wouldn't just uncharge Thor's connection to it. Or Copy it for his own use and Pwn thor with an Odin Foce power cosmic double wammy.

quanchi112
Pretty much. Plus, he's so much smarter and more skilled since his last fight with Thor... Thor is still Thor (ignoring current, since he's got nothing). What has the Surfer done since then that proves he can take Thor?Originally posted by fangirl101
Plus, logically speaking, Surfer knows the odin force. he once copied it and super charged it. I never understood why he wouldn't just uncharge Thor's connection to it. Or Copy it for his own use and Pwn thor with an Odin Foce power cosmic double wammy. This doesnt make any sense.

Red Hulk
I see dont see how you think the Surfer pulls off a majority against Thor? Huh?

Anyway, by comparing the two.

Plus, logically speaking, Surfer knows the odin force. he once copied it and super charged it. I never understood why he wouldn't just uncharge Thor's connection to it. Or Copy it for his own use and Pwn thor with an Odin Foce power cosmic double wammy. ... no?

Anyway, he was able to synthesize it and help rebuild Beta Ray with Odin. It doesn't mean he can use it in battle.
To answer your third sentence as if Surfer had a complete understanding of it, the Beta Ray Bill thing happened after all of Surfer's fights with Thor, and Thor is a hero as well, so Surfer would never do that.

For me, I see Surfer being able to beat Thor (like most of the times I can see Surfer beating someone here) with good old fashioned blasts, and maybe some speed applied. If we follow the first fight (I know the stipulations), Surfer using speed is too fast for Thor (and by all logic, Surfer should remember this fight for a forum fight), and his blasts are more than capable of hurting Thor as Thor has been hurt by far less... consistently over his career. He could be pounded out until Surfer wanted to stop.

Red Hulk
What has the Surfer done since then that proves he can take Thor? I never said he needed anything new to beat Thor, I just said he's a lot better all around then he was back then.

quanchi112
Huh?

Anyway, by comparing the two.

... no?

Anyway, he was able to synthesize it and help rebuild Beta Ray with Odin. It doesn't mean he can use it in battle.
To answer your third sentence as if Surfer had a complete understanding of it, the Beta Ray Bill thing happened after all of Surfer's fights with Thor, and Thor is a hero as well, so Surfer would never do that.

For me, I see Surfer being able to beat Thor (like most of the times I can see Surfer beating someone here) with good old fashioned blasts, and maybe some speed applied. If we follow the first fight (I know the stipulations), Surfer using speed is too fast for Thor (and by all logic, Surfer should remember this fight for a forum fight), and his blasts are more than capable of hurting Thor as Thor has been hurt by far less... consistently over his career. He could be pounded out until Surfer wanted to stop. Thor is more powerful and is more of a warrior than Surfer.Originally posted by Red Hulk
I never said he needed anything new to beat Thor, I just said he's a lot better all around then he was back then. Surfer has never beaten Thor under his own power while Thor has beaten the Surfer twice in one story. He beat him down kind of easily at that. It wasnt even close.

Red Hulk
Thor is more powerful and is more of a warrior than Surfer.

Surfer has never beaten Thor under his own power while Thor has beaten the Surfer twice in one story. He beat him down kind of easily at that. It wasnt even close. Even if that's true, it still doesn't negate anything I said...
If he's powerful, it doesn't mean he's durable, and if he's a better warrior, well, that means nothing, it just means he's attuned to fighting... hell, lots of characters are better warriors than Surfer; Black Adam, Superman, Korg, Hulk, etc.

Correction, neither character has won under normal circumstances. They've never even fought under normal circumstances.
Ya, and he also was beating up Maxam and Drax at the same time as well... WM Thor was something else.

quanchi112
Even if that's true, it still doesn't negate anything I said...
If he's powerful, it doesn't mean he's durable, and if he's a better warrior, well, that means nothing, it just means he's attuned to fighting... hell, lots of characters are better warriors than Surfer; Black Adam, Superman, Korg, Hulk, etc.

Correction, neither character has won under normal circumstances. They've never even fought under normal circumstances.
Ya, and he also was beating up Maxam and Drax at the same time as well... WM Thor was something else. The characters you named arent more powerful and dont have a hammer that can deflect his attacks.

Thor wasnt in warror madness in that arc. Thats a common misconception. Thor was just nuts but had the same powers and wasnt amped until he got the power gem.

Red Hulk
The characters you named arent more powerful and dont have a hammer that can deflect his attacks.

Thor wasnt in warror madness in that arc. Thats a common misconception. Thor was just nuts but had the same powers and wasnt amped until he got the power gem. You brought the points up as singles.
Anyway, Thor is also slow, and his big attacks are close range hammer attacks, and take-time blasts.
For every attack that Thor has deflected in comics, 10 more have gotten through.

The only indication we have of that is Odin saying that it might not be WM... but Thor is still insane, and I'll still keep referring to him as WM.
Anyway, that's beside the point as Thor in that story was portrayed as a hell of a lot stronger than he usually is.

kgkg
Silver Surfer FTW

quanchi112
You brought the points up as singles.
Anyway, Thor is also slow, and his big attacks are close range hammer attacks, and take-time blasts.
For every attack that Thor has deflected in comics, 10 more have gotten through.

The only indication we have of that is Odin saying that it might not be WM... but Thor is still insane, and I'll still keep referring to him as WM.
Anyway, that's beside the point as Thor in that story was portrayed as a hell of a lot stronger than he usually is. Thor is fast enough to beat the piss out of Norrin. Odin said it wasnt wm. It wasnt. An attack might get through but it isnt putting Thor down.

Thor acted under his own powers. The only time the Surfer displayed an edge over thor was under the loki amp. Thor>Surfer until proven otherwise.

Ruin
Quasar's fairly useless in this match up, as he's useless against magic and slightly less powerful than Surfer.

It's a toss up between Surfer and Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.