Deep Blue runs the marvel chess gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
Deep Blue (that super chess computer- did I spell it right) has to defeat all of these characters in a game of chess. It is assumed that all of these characters know how to play and are as good as it as they tend to be at strategy/smarts. The game is judged by the living tribunal and any unnecessary violence will result in a disqualification.

1. Mindless Hulk (oohh....)
2. Wolverine
3. Captain America
4. Spiderman
5. Tony Stark
6. Bruce Banner
7. Doom
8. Mr. Fantastic
9. Professor X w/powers
10. Galactus w/powers

PS. Is this thread allowed since deep blue isn't a comic book character?

Zack Fair
5 or 7

AlmightyKfish
I can see Doom beating the machine.

Hewhoknowsall
Cap is pretty good at tactical combat, right?

DigiMark007
Chess is a lot of rote memorization. Cap's tactical prowess doesn't apply to most of it. He would be an adept player, but not a master unless he applied himself to it for a long time. Deep Blue would slaughter him in the opening game, for example, because it knows optimal moves for literally millions of scripted opening scenarios.

Reed, Doom, Xavier, and Tony all know chess. A couple can even play multiple games without the boards in front of them. But their "feats" if we're to call them that, are still rather lacking, since none of that is beyond even lower-level chess masters, to say nothing of Grandmaster status.

I say Deep Blue gets to 10. It's the best damn chess player in the world, arguably, and beats guys that are both geniuses and play for a living.

Scoobless
Tony reprogams it the night before and becomes the first comic based player to ever beat the Kobayashi Maru ... I mean Deep Blue.

Harbinger
Hasn't Tony beaten Reed in chess before in comics? At the very least, he should be above Richards given that, IMO (though I realize the criteria of the thread doesn't call for this).

Deep Blue gets to 9.

redhotrash
You have to understand that comicbook genius > human genius. The average human scientists just created their giant atom smasher thing. Dr. Doom wasnt out of college and he was creating dimensional teleportation devices (it wouldve worked too if not for Reed's meddling! ARGH!) so I can see Stark beating the computer.

rotiart
Reed and ironman were playing multiple games I belied while iron man took care of other duties. Tony still won.

These mictomanages hundreds of armors shield and other crap all at the same time. Deep blue loses to tony and foes no further

DigiMark007
Originally posted by redhotrash
You have to understand that comicbook genius > human genius.

Agreed, but it doesn't necessarily translate directly to chess, especially when one simply can't "genius" their way into Grandmaster status.

Originally posted by rotiart
Reed and ironman were playing multiple games I belied while iron man took care of other duties. Tony still won.

Which isn't beyond the ability of great chess players, or even close to it. Good amateur players can play multiple games against good competition and win.

Placidity
Up to 10. X's telepathy ain't gonna help him.

You should also mention the time limit of the game. The longer, the more chance the human players have.

LordKaos
Xaiver seemed to be adept at the Shi'ar version of Chess too, he can take this.

Bouboumaster
Tony

psycho gundam
stops at hulk.

since his inception, hulk has casually swatted robots, tanks, and living things that simply bothered him. a chess match is beyond his patience tolerance.

Placidity
No, Hulk gets DQ'ed.

occultdestroyer
Stops at 7

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by psycho gundam
stops at hulk.

since his inception, hulk has casually swatted robots, tanks, and living things that simply bothered him. a chess match is beyond his patience tolerance.

Dude... THE MATCH IS BEING GOVERNED BY THE LT!!!

And anyone that does anything "unnecessary" will be disqualified. So unless if Hulk > Lt, he loses.

Hewhoknowsall
And yeah... I forgot that the Pro.'s mind control won't work roll eyes (sarcastic)

Scoobless
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Dude... THE MATCH IS BEING GOVERNED BY THE LT!!!

And anyone that does anything "unnecessary" will be disqualified. So unless if Hulk > Lt, he loses.

Infinite strength >>> purple towel.

Fo' rellz

cool

Hewhoknowsall
uh....

Hewhoknowsall
But guys.... don't you know how smart Reed is?

rotiart
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
But guys.... don't you know how smart Reed is?

There was a comic a few months back where reed and tony play chess. I'm pretty sure reed said tony was better at strategy.

Bring smart isn't everything reeds tech was hacked by amadeus cho I think since reed isn't so good withsiftware or something like I

Beast went to doom for help and don said genetics was not a field he was good at

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by rotiart
There was a comic a few months back where reed and tony play chess. I'm pretty sure reed said tony was better at strategy.

Bring smart isn't everything reeds tech was hacked by amadeus cho I think since reed isn't so good withsiftware or something like I

Beast went to doom for help and don said genetics was not a field he was good at

Tony better than Reed at strategy? I'm sure missing out...

So were does Deep Blue stop? Does anyone think it could clear it? laughing

Endless Mike
Deep Blue is obsolete by now.... they have much better chess computers

redhotrash
If Beast really wanted Doom's help, he wouldve slipped in a "Ok, thats too bad, Reed thinks he's nearly cracked it." at which point Doom would take up studying genetics, create a cure, then rub it in Reed's face who'd have no idea wtf he was talking about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.