Who is the weakest character that can beat Magneto?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
As in, for the majority.

Wei Phoenix
Don't get what you're asking but I think logically it would be the weakest guy that is stronger than him.

vansonbee
Plastic Man

Bentley
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Don't get what you're asking but I think logically it would be the weakest guy that is stronger than him.

Or someone who is not that powerful but is a foil to his powers.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by vansonbee
Plastic Man

rotiart
Bullseye

Bentley
Originally posted by rotiart
Bullseye

Magneto is going to defend himself though.

rotiart
rock in the eye.
Shadowcat phases through all of mags attacks and phases him into the earth

Bentley
rock in the eye.
Shadowcat phases through all of mags attacks and phases him into the earth

A rock won't get through his forcefield and Mags just needs to think to get it. Is Shadowcat inmune to mental tampering while phased?

vansonbee
rock in the eye.
Shadowcat phases through all of mags attacks and phases him into the earth laughing

Had me going there* Mag can fly, remember that.

golem370
weakest person is not specific could mean anything like say even though Professor X is in a wheel chair does that mean he is weak when we all know how powerful of a telepath he is or was. Hulk who is suppose to be Marvel strongest mortal could be beaten by somebody who is physically frail but mentally power

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by vansonbee
laughing

Had me going there* Mag can fly, remember that.

What if she phased all the way through the ground right under Magneto and went to China, got an eggroll and some General Tso's chicken and continued going until Magneto landed and surprised him?

Bentley
Not physically weaker, but less powerful.

Bentley
Does Plastic Man defeats Magneto?

kgkg
Originally posted by Bentley
Does Plastic Man defeats Magneto? No

Bentley
Well, then nobody has found an answer.

occultdestroyer
Squirrel Girl

Bentley
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Squirrel Girl

eek!

kgkg
Michael Korvac

Bentley
Originally posted by kgkg
Michael Korvac

I think machine Korvac can take him thanks to his power analysis. I don't know if he is the lowest.

DigiMark007
Does Plastic Man defeats Magneto?

Debatable. He punked Mags' DC counterpart, Dr. Polaris, in the midst of Polaris wrecking an A-list JLA roster. He could pull out some wins, and is very underrated. Probably not a majority though.

Which begs the question: weakest that could conceivably beat him maybe 1/10? Or weakest that would take a majority off of Mags? I'd say someone like Iron Man for the former, or some similarly high-end High Meta. Because many high metas could pull out a win or two (Mandarin, Northstar, Nimrod, etc.) but not a majority.

For the latter you need to go toward the low heralds...Hawksmoor in a city, Plastic Man maybe, maybe Ronan or a low-end GL, etc. etc.

Endless Mike
Aquarian

redhotrash
Leech maybe? Well, Leech with a gun.

Bentley
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Which begs the question: weakest that could conceivably beat him maybe 1/10? Or weakest that would take a majority off of Mags? I'd say someone like Iron Man for the former, or some similarly high-end High Meta. Because many high metas could pull out a win or two (Mandarin, Northstar, Nimrod, etc.) but not a majority.

My opening post states that this is for the majority.

I was wondering if there was maybe a silver bullet who can defeat Mags by himself by having an ability that is effective against him.

fangirl101
Dr. Light. Invisible Woman.Iron Man with Prep. Raven. Jay Garrick.

Bentley
Can IW beat Magneto?

fangirl101
Can IW beat Magneto?
I'm sure she could. A bubble to the brain should do it.

Mindset
Mags could just as easily kill her and would be more apt to do it than she would to him.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mindset
Mags could just as easily kill her and would be more apt to do it than she would to him.
They both can take each other out. She can turn herself invisible for stealth, and she has repelled some mighty powerful energy blast. So I say she while weaker than he, can get some creative wins.

Timslar
Originally posted by fangirl101
Dr. Light. Invisible Woman.Iron Man with Prep. Raven. Jay Garrick.

Dr.Light and Invisible Woman would lose a hard majority to Magneto, considering his control over the electromagnetic spectrum (Including visible light) is much greater than theirs. He has their powers + many others.

Magneto has seen IW while she was "invisible" because he sees the entire EM spectrum. No problem to see and control the distortions she creates. (He also sees teleporters in a similar way since teleporting causes EM disturbances. He knows where Nightcrawler, for example, will turn up before he gets there)

Iron Man... ehh, I've seen 70 year-old Magneto minus the power-ups he's had since then take on Iron Man easily. More recently Iron Man has had prep but still lost. (He added a funciton that allowed his suit to switch polarity. Which worked at first... but Magneto adapted quickly and overcame his suit.)

Not as familiar with Raven or Jay Garrick to judge them, though.

Bentley
Jay should be able to blitz him, although admittedly that's true for any lesser speedster up to a point.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Timslar
Dr.Light and Invisible Woman would lose a hard majority to Magneto, considering his control over the electromagnetic spectrum (Including visible light) is much greater than theirs. He has their powers + many others.

Magneto has seen IW while she was "invisible" because he sees the entire EM epectrum. No problem to see and control the distortions she creates.

Iron Man... ehh, I've seen 70 year-old Magneto minus the power-ups he's had since then take on Iron Man easily. More recently Iron Man has had prep but still lost. (He added a funciton that allowed his suit to switch polarity. Which worked at first... but Magneto adapted quickly and overcame his suit.)

Not as familiar with Raven or Jay Garrick to judge them, though.
Well, Dr. Light has been able to control a Gl's energy. I don't see Mags doing that. So I think they are pretty even. And IW's powers just give her the ability to kll him much quicker than i would guess he could kill her.

Timslar
Well, Dr. Light has been able to control a Gl's energy. I don't see Mags doing that. So I think they are pretty even. And IW's powers just give her the ability to kll him much quicker than i would guess he could kill her.

Interesting, I didn't know that about Dr.Light. Maybe I underestimate him.

IW, however, I'm still not convinced about. The point I was trying to make was that his greater control over the EM spectrum and visible light would make her be unable to use her powers. In theory I would see her try to create a bubble in his brain or some such thing and he'd stop it before the light "came together" to cause any harm. There's a scan in the Mangeto Respect thread that shows he thinks roughly 15x faster than a normal human, which is why i think he'd be able to do this so effectively.

Speaking of his quick mind, his reaction time is also impressive. I've seen scans of him grabbing Northstar in midair and even his own son, Quicksilver. So the post a bit above about speedsters and blitzing.. I have my doubts.

2damnloud
Mags can't control hyperspacial energy, therfore he could not stop a bubble in his brain.

IW would win.

Timslar
Originally posted by 2damnloud
Mags can't control hyperspacial energy, therfore he could not stop a bubble in his brain.

IW would win.

Are you sure? Magneto specialized in EM energy, but was shown to be able to control all energy. In the Marvel Universe Einstein's theory about all energy being connected is true (I forgot what it was called. =/) and Magneto's power is to "control the EM spectrum and all related energy." Heat, nuclear, etc.. off the top of my head he has used those energies, which most people think he's incapable of. I'm still not sure she'd get by his fine control.

2damnloud
Hyperspacial energy doesn't appear here.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bF7BOhdJbQwBpe6jzbkF/SIG=12e52hflc/EXP=1226345537/**http%3A//ds9.ssl.berkeley.edu/LWS_GEMS/2/images_2/ems510.jpg

Mindset
Well, Dr. Light has been able to control a Gl's energy. I don't see Mags doing that. So I think they are pretty even. And IW's powers just give her the ability to kll him much quicker than i would guess he could kill her. Except TW's powers don't give her the ability to kill him quicker than he could kill her, I've already told you that.

Not only can he one shot her, but he has reaction time many times greater than hers.

Premutos
Despite popular belief Dr. Light would rip Mags a new one, I don't see him surviving a speedblitz at lightspeed. Not to mention that if Mags can control the EM Spectrum so can Dr. Light:

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9808/dl3-1.jpg

But honestly, I refuse to believe this is the "weakest" character that can take out Mags...Ain't we looking for someone LESS powerful than Magneto?

Timslar
(Response to 2damnloud.. this thread is moving fast. =P)

It doesn't, no. =) But I'm saying Magneto controls all energy, not just the EM spectrum. I'm not saying he's quite as good with other types as he is with EM, but he does do it. As an energy manipulator he is not vulnerable to energy... unless it's too much. Silver Surfer comes to mind as being able to overwhelm Magneto's vast energy control.

You might want to check out the Magneto Respect Thread.. just because it's so interesting what his powers can do. It made me go "Wow".

Hewhoknowsall
Eternity, maybe Galactus.

Really, probably Doom.

redhotrash
Doom turned off Magento's power with the touch of a button. So maybe a naked Doom with just that device vs Magneto? Well actually Doom without his armor is still about as formidable as say Baron Mordo...

Space M ummy
With Prep? probably forge. his familiarity with magneto + the plot device nature of his powers means he either already has or could very easily whip up a device that neutralizes magneto for an easy kill.

Remember, this is the guy that came up with a weapon that depowers mutants completely (storm got hit with this once) and another reversed the effects of masques fleshwarping abilties with little effort.

without prep- who knows? I'm not entirely sure how fast forge's powers work, or what kind of tech he usually keeps on him. he's been known to make random devices out of the parts in his artificial hand/leg.

There's also the little brought up issue of forge being a shaman- during vietnam (I'm sure this is/will be retconned soon) he soul-stole the life essence of his entire squad.

redhotrash
Forge isnt a bad pick, but whatever he does he better do it quickly, half the guy's body is made of metal. And even depowered you are looking at Magneto vs Forge in h2h lol

Timslar
Originally posted by redhotrash
Doom turned off Magento's power with the touch of a button. So maybe a naked Doom with just that device vs Magneto? Well actually Doom without his armor is still about as formidable as say Baron Mordo...

If you're talking about the fight I read, that only worked for a few panels. Magneto adapted and overpowered Doom's machine (An addition to his armor that changes its polarity). I'm not saying Magneto vs. Doom wouldn't be a close fight, but he's certainly not winning with that trick.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by redhotrash
Leech with a gun.

Premutos
How about Major Disaster?

DigiMark007
Raven's a good suggestion. I'll co-sign that. Her powers are tough to counter with raw power, which Mags certainly has a bit more of most times.

Red Hulk
Even if Mags can't control IW's powers, that doesn't mean she can beat him as she could easily be one-shotted without tricks that Magneto never uses.

A question though, would her bubble even work through his forcefield?

EDIT: 2damn... nevermind.

Mindset
Punisher with prep just after performing surgery on himself.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Mindset
Punisher with prep just after performing surgery on himself. ... What the f**k?

Why would he need prep if he just performed surgery on himself?

rotiart
They both can take each other out. She can turn herself invisible for stealth, and she has repelled some mighty powerful energy blast. So I say she while weaker than he, can get some creative wins.

Ami wrong but can't mags see in the em spectrum

Mindset
Originally posted by Red Hulk
... What the f**k?

Why would he need prep if he just performed surgery on himself? just to be on the safe side

Wei Phoenix
I'm sure she could. A bubble to the brain should do it.

Yeah that would work but she isn't a killer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.