Thor Vs. Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shokosugi
Thor Vs. Sentry

who's physically stronger?

who's more powerful.

who wins in an all-out fight.

guy222
Thor

vansonbee
Originally posted by shokosugi
Thor Vs. Sentry

who's more powerful.

Sentry is physically stronger

Thor is much more powerful + hammer

I say Thor, but close fight... Those exploding sun attack is deep shit for anything lower tier then Thor smokin'

bats2jm
Originally posted by vansonbee

I say Thor, but close fight... Those exploding sun attack is deep shit for anything lower tier then Thor smokin'
Sentry is physically stronger you don't say. Thor for the win.

Bada's Palin
Haven't seen a lot of physical feats from Sentry really.

Thor wins the fight either way.

Endrict Nuul
Thor wins this hands down.

fascistcrusader
Thor takes this thanks to the Mjolnir.

As far as physical strength goes they're on the same level, but Thor's powerful weapon gives him a clear edge here.

rotiart
there aren't many feats for either recent incarnation of sentry or Thor other than hyperbole, both are 100+ bricks

But thorforce Thor win

Mrblonde
Thor, Sentry dosent impress me at all

Dark-Jaxx
Thor wins it all.

Mighty Saxon
sentry is stronger IMO. Thor is more powerful and thor takes this 6/10

Stoic
Undecided but I'm leaning towards Sentry ftw. Sentry moves faster so if he can stay out of the way of Mjolnir and take it to Thor before the hammer returns to hand, I can see him turning Thor to mush. Even with the hammer though I can see him taking a majority.

vlaaad12345
Exploding sun attack?and thor would def win the majority in a fight.

Red Hulk
A lot of Sentry's strength feats have him applying energy I believe...

We don't have a good gauge of his physical strength.

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by rotiart
there aren't many feats for either recent incarnation of sentry or Thor other than hyperbole, both are 100+ bricks

But thorforce Thor win

Neither of them are bricks.

They both have feats.

srankmissingnin
Sentry is a choke master, whenever he needs to step up he falls short. I give Thor the nod.

ultimatethor
Physically its close but id give the nod to thor.

The other two thor wins much easier.

quanchi112
Originally posted by vansonbee

I say Thor, but close fight... Those exploding sun attack is deep shit for anything lower tier then Thor smokin' Agreed.Originally posted by ultimatethor
Physically its close but id give the nod to thor.

The other two thor wins much easier. Thor isnt stronger. I dont know where you would get this idea from.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by quanchi112
Agreed. Thor isnt stronger. I dont know where you would get this idea from.

Thor does have superior strength feats

quanchi112
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Thor does have superior strength feats Thor isnt as strong as savage hulk while sentry looked like an equal to WW Hulk. Thats the way I look at it. Thor relies on his hammer too much imo.

ultimatethor
Thor isnt as strong as savage hulk while sentry looked like an equal to WW Hulk. Thats the way I look at it. Thor relies on his hammer too much imo.

Sentry isnt as strong as wwh. He used a lot of energy attacks in that final WWH fight not just strength. And savage hulk has the potential to become stronger than almost anyone.

Knowsbleed33
Thor has better feats of strength.

Sentry has, well, none.

quanchi112
Sentry isnt as strong as wwh. He used a lot of energy attacks in that final WWH fight not just strength. And savage hulk has the potential to become stronger than almost anyone. Sentry was actually flying into his punches. He actually burned Hulk out. WW Hulk>>Savage Hulk which was explained by the writer. Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Thor has better feats of strength.

Sentry has, well, none. Just because a character doesnt have feats of strength that doesnt mean they arent strong.

Knowsbleed33
I don't doubt Sentry is strong. I read the mini and WWH, he's duked it out with impressive foes.

Saying he's stronger than Thor is baseless.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
I don't doubt Sentry is strong. I read the mini and WWH, he's duked it out with impressive foes.

Saying he's stronger than Thor is baseless.

No doubt we used other advantage both characters have. Overall its Thor win

Pretty pleasing to base off strength from the Hulk conflicts

quanchi112

Saying he's stronger than Thor is baseless. Not really. Like I said he duked it out with the most powerful version of Hulk...well except wb Hulk at the end of the comic.

Knowsbleed33
Thor duked it out with Rulk.

Both stories are PIS-ified.

Raoul
Originally posted by shokosugi
Thor Vs. Sentry

who's more powerful.

i haven't seen anything from sentry that compares with thor's best stuff, thor, imo...

the Darkone
Thor wins, he is more versatile. Strength wise Thor is pound for pound is one of the strongest beings on earth and has the feats to say so, as where Sentry has none. Thor cutting lose would put Sentry in the ICU.

TheBadguy
Thor is my favorite character but im not sure anymore after Rulk. like someone said though Sentry chokes when he has to show up. (except against Hulk)

quanchi112
Thor duked it out with Rulk.

Both stories are PIS-ified. With his hammer. Without his hammer Sentry would own him.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Raoul
i haven't seen anything from sentry that compares with thor's best stuff, thor, imo... This. Sentry can hang with classic Thor and might last a for a bit against current Thor, but both versions of Thor win the majority. Sentry is powerful, but he isn't Thor-powerful.

Mindset
With his hammer. Without his hammer Sentry would own him. Thor really doesn't need it to win imo.

guy222
thor wins

bob hasn't lived up to the hype

tkitna
I'll answer this after I see what the Sentry is about since he's merged with the Void.

guy222
should be interesting

carver9
Originally posted by TheBadguy
Thor is my favorite character but im not sure anymore after Rulk. like someone said though Sentry chokes when he has to show up. (except against Hulk)

This is the weirdest post that I have read since being on kmc. You do know that bricks has basically owned almost every top tier, especially powerful brick like rulk. Konvikt has owned some top tiers, despero, kalibak, regular hulk, doomsday, etc.. so I guess there is a lot of sucky heros out there.

SIAFON
The Sentry is suppose to be the end all be all in Marvel; but I am a Thor fan. The Sentry is more powerful, but Thor is a better fighter. Strength levels are about equal, durability I give the edge to Thor. Stamina I give the edge to The Sentry, but somehow Odin's son will pull this out. Thor, God of Thunder.

Mindset
Originally posted by SIAFON
The Sentry is suppose to be the end all be all in Marvel; but I am a Thor fan. The Sentry is more powerful, but Thor is a better fighter. Strength levels are about equal, durability I give the edge to Thor. Stamina I give the edge to The Sentry, but somehow Odin's son will pull this out. Thor, God of Thunder. what?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Thor really doesn't need it to win imo. Yes,he does.

Mindset
Yes,he does. Nope

quanchi112
Nope Sentry has taken on Genis vell and WW Hulk. Thor hasnt ever even beaten the Hulk without his hammer let alone WW Hulk.

carver9
This is a good fight, I dont know who win the majority because both is overrall some power houses.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
This is a good fight, I dont know who win the majority because both is overrall some power houses. Thor with his hammer should take this but without it I see sentry beating the piss out of him.

Antiphon
Sentry ftw if he unleashes power of a million suns.

carver9
Thor with his hammer should take this but without it I see sentry beating the piss out of him.

I truly dont know if that hammer would work on sentry. Does magic even work on sentry?

TheBadguy
This is the weirdest post that I have read since being on kmc. You do know that bricks has basically owned almost every top tier, especially powerful brick like rulk. Konvikt has owned some top tiers, despero, kalibak, regular hulk, doomsday, etc.. so I guess there is a lot of sucky heros out there.

This is a weird response to my post. Yes people lose to bricks all the time, but Thor was flat out embarrassed by Rulk, while Sentry went toe to toe with an enraged WWH. After the Rulk fight im not sure who would win between these two anymore.

carver9
This is a weird response to my post. Yes people lose to bricks all the time, but Thor was flat out embarrassed by Rulk, while Sentry went toe to toe with an enraged WWH. After the Rulk fight im not sure who would win between these two anymore.

Rulk crushed everyone who approached him sentry got dominated by wwh, what are you talking about. Hulk is one of the strongest brick ever created, its not a low showing losing to him. Hell beyonder, a being over ALL was amazed and shocked at hulks strength. If you look at hulk feats he could basically beat almost any top tier out there given time.

TheBadguy
Rulk crushed everyone who approached him sentry got dominated by wwh, what are you talking about. Hulk is one of the strongest brick ever created, its not a low showing losing to him. Hell beyonder, a being over ALL was amazed and shocked at hulks strength. If you look at hulk feats he could basically beat almost any top tier out there given time.

wtf. Did I say anything to downplay Hulk. I said Sentry put up a better fight against Hulk than Thor did against Rulk. Sentry went blow for blow, Thor got demolished. Which makes it unclear to me now who would win between Sentry and Thor. What are you going on about.

jalek moye
wtf. Did I say anything to downplay Hulk. I said Sentry put up a better fight against Hulk than Thor did against Rulk. Sentry went blow for blow, Thor got demolished. Which makes it unclear to me now who would win between Sentry and Thor. What are you going on about.

well the second time. Thor was demolishing rulk

Ruin
Based on actual showings, Thor in every single category.

Avlon
Thor wins.

Sentry isn't anywhere near that that impressive.

lordmohahat
sentry never burned hulk out, hulk didn't burn sentry out they both helped eac other to stop fighting because they were both cutting loose. wwh was not that enraged against sentry either. thor wins with hammer, sentry wins without

carver9
both hulk and sentry are extremely powerful and both are underrated. Back to the fight, I dont know who would win out of thor and sentry, Im giving it 5/5 split.

SIAFON
Well Mindset; since you asked. The Sentry is supposed to be most powerful hero on Marvel earth. He is on level with the Silver Surfer from what I have read. I could be wrong, but all of his abilities are off the charts. Even intellectually he is on par with Reed Richards, and Dr. Doom. He doesn't always show it, and of course there is the whole scizophrenia thing. (He is also The Void) But his power rankings are outrageous. He manipulates all forms of energy, he is super strong, incredibly durable, can travel at light speed, can exist in the vacum of space. Limitless stamina, and he is when sane one of the most brillant minds on the planet. Even Thor is going to have his hads full, but like posted earlier I am a Thor Fan. The God of Thunder vs the man with the power of a million exploding suns coursing through his body. I still take Odin's son.

DeathKap
Well Mindset; since you asked. The Sentry is supposed to be most powerful hero on Marvel earth. He is on level with the Silver Surfer from what I have read. I could be wrong, but all of his abilities are off the charts. Even intellectually he is on par with Reed Richards, and Dr. Doom. He doesn't always show it, and of course there is the whole scizophrenia thing. (He is also The Void) But his power rankings are outrageous. He manipulates all forms of energy, he is super strong, incredibly durable, can travel at light speed, can exist in the vacum of space. Limitless stamina, and he is when sane one of the most brillant minds on the planet. Even Thor is going to have his hads full, but like posted earlier I am a Thor Fan. The God of Thunder vs the man with the power of a million exploding suns coursing through his body. I still take Odin's son.
So you are saying he wins just cause you're a fan?

carver9

When was it ever stated that sentry can go the speed of light. Are you referring to space flight. sad

carver9
I agree with everything else though, sentry is far above top tier. I'll go as far as saying that I would give him the majority over surfer if they were to fight, I have that much faith in sentry but space flight dont equal light speed.

Mindset
He hasn't shown to be the most powerful hero on Earth.

He's not on Silver Surfer's level, I don't know what gave you that idea.

He's not as smart as Reed and Doom.

He doesn't have limitless stamina.

carver9
He hasn't shown to be the most powerful hero on Earth.

He's not on Silver Surfer's level, I don't know what gave you that idea.

He's not as smart as Reed and Doom.

He doesn't have limitless stamina.

Well stalemating some of the most powerful beings in mu and beating some of the most extreme top tiers in marvel u. Hes above top tier.

I think that he can get a majority over surfer, a good majority.

I agree with him not being as smart as doom.

He does have limitless stamina.

Mindset
Well stalemating some of the most powerful beings in mu and beating some of the most extreme top tiers in marvel u. Hes above top tier.

I think that he can get a majority over surfer, a good majority.

I agree with him not being as smart as doom.

He does have limitless stamina.

He didn't stalemate some of the most powerful ppl in Marvel.

Didn't say he wasn't above top tier, I put him a mid herald level.

He can not get the majority over SS, he has not shown anything that would be SS for the majority, I don't know where you're getting this.

He doesn't have limitless stamina, you can't have limitless stamina if you run out of power, which he did against WWH...

iceman24567
He didn't stalemate some of the most powerful ppl in Marvel.

Didn't say he wasn't above top tier, I put him a mid herald level.

He can not get the majority over SS, he has not shown anything that would be SS for the majority, I don't know where you're getting this.

He doesn't have limitless stamina, you can't have limitless stamina if you run out of power, which he did against WWH... I agree with this post good one.

DarkOdin
Both are great power.

Sentry is too much of a lose cannon. Not much of a skilled fighter either.

Thor with the Odinforce Can amp up his own strength and other abiltites thru the odin force. Mjolnir can absord all forms of energy and turn it back on Thors enemies.

THor has better energy base attacks ODinforce and Plenty of ways to counter the sentry.

guy222
thor

Knowsbleed33
I agree with everything else though, sentry is far above top tier. I'll go as far as saying that I would give him the majority over surfer if they were to fight, I have that much faith in sentry but space flight dont equal light speed.

Where are you getting this? It's posts like this that keeps these threads going on unecessarily.

Sentry has no feats that put him close to Thor.

carver9
Where are you getting this? It's posts like this that keeps these threads going on unecessarily.

Sentry has no feats that put him close to Thor.

Sentry fought absorbing man in a fashion that thor never done. He dominated absorbing man.

Sentry fought terrax in a fashion that thor never did, terrax almost killed thor but sentry defeated him in 3 panels with ease.

This isnt including his fight with genis or the collective. Sentry is above top tier and I could see him pulling a majority against the thunder god.

fascistcrusader
I'll agree that Sentry is very much above top tier, but I still don't think he's going to get a majority against Thor. The Mjolnir is one of the most powerful weapons in the Marvel Universe, and Thor is a much more seasoned combat veteran with better fighting sills. I believe that unarmed Thor and Sentry are on even ground in the power department, but Thor has skill, experience, and weaponry to give him the good majority here.

gogogadgetgo
thor with and without the hammer. jesus, he's got the odin power and if thor decides to utilize it sentry would be in deep shit.

Ruin
Sentry fought absorbing man in a fashion that thor never done. He dominated absorbing man.

Sentry fought terrax in a fashion that thor never did, terrax almost killed thor but sentry defeated him in 3 panels with ease.

This isnt including his fight with genis or the collective. Sentry is above top tier and I could see him pulling a majority against the thunder god.

Thor's dominated Absorbing Man.

Thor's one shotted Terrax.

Sentry is bot above top tier. Hell he isn't even considered an elite top tier.

iceman24567
Sentry would have a hard time staying alive no way he can beat Thor.

quanchi112

Sentry has no feats that put him close to Thor. Do you really think that Thor is this above the Sentry?Originally posted by iceman24567
Sentry would have a hard time staying alive no way he can beat Thor. False.

quanchi112
I truly dont know if that hammer would work on sentry. Does magic even work on sentry? Yes,there is no reason why the hammer wouldnt work on the Sentry.Originally posted by carver9
Rulk crushed everyone who approached him sentry got dominated by wwh, what are you talking about. Hulk is one of the strongest brick ever created, its not a low showing losing to him. Hell beyonder, a being over ALL was amazed and shocked at hulks strength. If you look at hulk feats he could basically beat almost any top tier out there given time. Sentry didnt get dominated by WW Hulk. I dont know where you are getting this from. WW Hulk>Rulk. Originally posted by Avlon
Thor wins.

Sentry isn't anywhere near that that impressive. How isnt he?

Knowsbleed33
I absolutely think Thor is well above Sentry. Nothing to suggest otherwise.

quanchi112
I absolutely think Thor is well above Sentry. Nothing to suggest otherwise. Really? Did you miss the Rulk pounding?

Knowsbleed33
Oh goodness, are you going to base your entire arguement on that? How about when Thor came back and handed Rulk his rear?

quanchi112
Oh goodness, are you going to base your entire arguement on that? How about when Thor came back and handed Rulk his rear? Doesnt matter. He still got his ass handed to him. So,dont act like the Sentry couldnt hand Thor his ass. Sentry is being underrated here. Bigtime. Sentry took on WW Hulk and burned him out. How doesnt that impress you. Savage Hulk was a matchup for Rulk. WW Hulk>Savage Hulk by the way.

iceman24567
Sentry doesn't stand much of a chance here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Sentry doesn't stand much of a chance here. Based on?

Enyalus
Physically I'd give the edge to Sentry. And power-wise, barring the Odinforce, I'd also give the edge to Sentry. As for the fight, I'd give that to Sentry, too. Barely.

Also, Sentry has resisted Dr. Strange's magics. Its very possible he's magic resistant.

Now, if Thor is wielding the Odinforce in this fight, it's a stomp in his favor.

carver9
sentry has the ability to beat thor just like thor has the ability to beat sentry, Im just undecided. If I was to give anyone the majority it would be sentry.

carver9
Originally posted by Ruin
Thor's dominated Absorbing Man.

Thor's one shotted Terrax.

Sentry is bot above top tier. Hell he isn't even considered an elite top tier.

scans because to my knowledge thor struggled to beat both.

Knowsbleed33
Based on?

Based on the Sentry's lack of feats.

The Great Galen
Thor 7-8/10.

iceman24567
Based on the Sentry's lack of feats. To him feats dont mean much obviously. Thor has better feats.

quanchi112
Based on the Sentry's lack of feats. So,you are basing this purely on the lack of sentry's feats? Do you know who the collective is?

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
To him feats dont mean much obviously. Thor has better feats. How many do you give the Sentry here out of ten?

Knowsbleed33
Thor 10/10 in my humble opinion.

Endrict Nuul
Thor kicks his ass.

carver9
Again, thor struggled against absorbing man and terrax, someone who sentry has owned with ease.

This is a toss up. Sentry has no weaknesses and is just as strong as thor and is also very powerful (even though I give thor the edge in power).

I dont have a answer but I know its far from being a 10/10

quanchi112
Thor 10/10 in my humble opinion. LOL. I can see what I am dealing with here in general. Lots of naysayers and such. Ill help you out.

I guess you dont realize who the collective is and are basing your opinion purely off of the ignorance in this very thread.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/ts-07-015.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/ts-07-016.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/ts-07-018.jpg

quanchi112
Again, thor struggled against absorbing man and terrax, someone who sentry has owned with ease.

This is a toss up. Sentry has no weaknesses and is just as strong as thor and is also very powerful (even though I give thor the edge in power).

I dont have a answer but I know its far from being a 10/10 Sentry is more powerful than Thor imo.

Enyalus
Quan brings up a pretty good point: Sentry was going blow for blow against The Collective - who was also a physical beast and had the mutant powers from at least 97 different mutants (many more, but those were the ones shown on screen - I counted).

Knowsbleed33
ooooo he punched Dr. Strange.

Thor has done much, much more.

The Pict
LOL. I can see what I am dealing with here in general. Lots of naysayers and such. Ill help you out.

I guess you dont realize who the collective is and are basing your opinion purely off of the ignorance in this very thread.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/ts-07-015.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/ts-07-016.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/ts-07-018.jpg

Well I'm convinced.....dur

You're gonna have to do better than that.

ultimatethor
Thor beats sentry at least 9/10.

Enyalus
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Collective_page16.jpg

Meh, that's the only image I have of the Collective/Sentry fight, but it goes on for quite some time. Sentry is the one who tosses him out into space in the first place. They fight on some planets and whatnot...then Collective repels Sentry with Magneto's powers and heads back to Earth to find Magnus.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Enyalus

Meh, that's the only image I have of the Collective/Sentry fight, but it goes on for quite some time. Sentry is the one who tosses him out into space in the first place. They fight on some planets and whatnot...then Collective repels Sentry with Magneto's powers and heads back to Earth to find Magnus.

Wow, that uppercut looked as though it had absolutely no affect on the Collective.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Pict
Well I'm convinced.....dur

You're gonna have to do better than that. I know.He beats Terrax in about 13 seconds. Show me anyone treating Terrax like a second grader who isnt impressive.Originally posted by Enyalus

Meh, that's the only image I have of the Collective/Sentry fight, but it goes on for quite some time. Sentry is the one who tosses him out into space in the first place. They fight on some planets and whatnot...then Collective repels Sentry with Magneto's powers and heads back to Earth to find Magnus. Give me a few minutes Ill post it.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/ts-01-014.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/ts-01-015.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/ts-01-016.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/ts-01-017.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/ts-01-018.jpg

Enyalus
Wow, that uppercut looked as though it had absolutely no affect on the Collective.

Blah blah blah. stick out tongue Genis Vell seemed to be more than a match for King Thor in Asgard, and Sentry was stalemating Genis while they were both holding back.

I think he'd do just fine against a Thor not wielding the Odinforce.

ultimatethor
Blah blah blah. stick out tongue Genis Vell seemed to be more than a match for King Thor in Asgard, and Sentry was stalemating Genis while they were both holding back.

I think he'd do just fine against a Thor not wielding the Odinforce.

I have a feeling that Genis was holding back a whole lot more than sentry but yeah he probly wud do pretty well against classic thor( not that hed get a majority)

quanchi112
Thor beats sentry at least 9/10. Based on?

quanchi112
Here is what the collective did to canada's super team.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Untitled-Scanned-17-18.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Untitled-Scanned-19-20.jpg

Sentry was taking this guy head on.

Here is a scan confirming all the powers that lied in the Collective at the time.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/scan0003-0004.jpg

For anyone to take someone that powerful on and not get dominated shows off how much of a badass that person is.

guy222
thor wins

ultimatethor
Based on?

His Hammer can easily absorb any and all sentrys energy attacks. Thor himself has a far greater scope of attacks which are also much more powerful than anything sentry can dish out. Then he has cheap but effective ways of winning like BFR.

quanchi112
His Hammer can easily absorb any and all sentrys energy attacks. Thor himself has a far greater scope of attacks which are also much more powerful than anything sentry can dish out. Then he has cheap but effective ways of winning like BFR. How can Thor absorb his punches?

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by guy222
thor wins

Without much trouble.

quanchi112
Without much trouble. So,you are going to ignore everything that we posted and keep spouting when its obvious that you are ignorant when it comes to the Sentry.

Enyalus
...I don't like Sentry. So I hate defending him.

But, man. To say Thor has an easy time of it is just head-scratching. Where's Batdude's animated .gifs when you need 'em?

Knowsbleed33
Those feats are nothing.

Thor has duked it out with Galactus (Unlike Sentry's non-exsistant stalemating), Ego, The Celestials, Surtur, Ymir and many others.

Sentry is a joke and that's how most people regard him.

ultimatethor
How can Thor absorb his punches?

Sentry and thor are on par physically but the thing is, Thor has a nice indestructable magical hammer as a weapon. Mjolnir blow>>>>sentrys fist

Also im assuming this is current thor

quanchi112
...I don't like Sentry. So I hate defending him.

But, man. To say Thor has an easy time of it is just head-scratching. Where's Batdude's animated .gifs when you need 'em? Its because most on here arent that familiar with Sentry. Then when I ask certain posters questions about certain things they dont answer them because they dont know. Why dont you like the Sentry?

quanchi112
Sentry and thor are on par physically but the thing is, Thor has a nice indestructable magical hammer as a weapon. Mjolnir blow>>>>sentrys fist

Also im assuming this is current thor No,they arent. Sentry is above Thor by a decent margin physically. Thor is on par with Hulk while Sentry burned out WW Hulk. Big difference.

Enyalus
Its because most on here arent that familiar with Sentry. Then when I ask certain posters questions about certain things they dont answer them because they dont know. Why dont you like the Sentry?

'Cause he's scared of using those powers. I'd like to see a bloodlusted Superman mindset from Sentry...like when he got pissed at female Ultron and his eyes went black. evil face

Knowsbleed33
No,they arent. Sentry is above Thor by a decent margin physically. Thor is on par with Hulk while Sentry burned out WW Hulk. Big difference.

Thor lifted the mid-gard serpent. Sentry struggled to lift a hellicarrier.

I wonder who's stronger?

ultimatethor
No,they arent. Sentry is above Thor by a decent margin physically. Thor is on par with Hulk while Sentry burned out WW Hulk. Big difference.

Durability wise, Thor has better feats than Sentry. Also Sentry did not use only physical means to fight WWH, he used a whole lot of energy attacks.

Enyalus

Dude. Now you sound like Galen. C'mon, you're better than that.

quanchi112
'Cause he's scared of using those powers. I'd like to see a bloodlusted Superman mindset from Sentry...like when he got pissed at female Ultron and his eyes went black. evil face Yeah,I think it makes him more interesting. Like here he just reacts and blam. Dead carnage. He didnt think he jus kicked ass. He is so damn powerful him going all out is a scary thing. These two should meet in a comic. People would love it.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/na-02-14.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/na-02-15.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/na-02-16.jpg

Wei Phoenix

I wonder who's stronger?

Well in Sentry's defense lifting strength isn't necessarily synonymous to striking strength/power. Iron Fist with his chi and all can hit pretty hard but can't lift anything really heavy.

Wei Phoenix
Yeah,I think it makes him more interesting. Like here he just reacts and blam. Dead carnage. He didnt think he jus kicked ass. He is so damn powerful him going all out is a scary thing. These two should meet in a comic. People would love it.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/na-02-14.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/na-02-15.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/na-02-16.jpg

What was Carnage thinking?

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Well in Sentry's defense lifting strength isn't necessarily synonymous to striking strength/power. Iron Fist with his chi and all can hit pretty hard but can't lift anything really heavy.

Thats a special case, heck his name gives it away, IRON FIST. its a special hitting technique. Generally in comics however, the stronger u are the harder u punch.

quanchi112
Durability wise, Thor has better feats than Sentry. Also Sentry did not use only physical means to fight WWH, he used a whole lot of energy attacks. What? Sentry was taking his best punches to the head. He was also taking WW Hulk head on. He was flying into punches. He wasnt trying to be cute he was taking on the most powerful Hulk in a brawl. He burned out the Hulk. Thor wasnt dominating Gladiator when he fought him,so how can you come back and tell me he dominates the Sentry.Originally posted by Knowsbleed33

I wonder who's stronger? Did you read that comic?

Knowsbleed33
Which?

quanchi112
Which? Helicarrier story.

Knowsbleed33
WWH? Yes

quanchi112
WWH? Yes That didnt happen in ww hulk.

Knowsbleed33
Wait, I have to ask about the WWH thing. Are you arguing that Sentry burned Hulk out because he slugged it out with him?

You do realize Sentry has a calimg affect on the Hulk right?

ultimatethor
What? Sentry was taking his best punches to the head. He was also taking WW Hulk head on. He was flying into punches. He wasnt trying to be cute he was taking on the most powerful Hulk in a brawl. He burned out the Hulk. Thor wasnt dominating Gladiator when he fought him,so how can you come back and tell me he dominates the Sentry. Did you read that comic?

Sentry might have burned hulk out but it wasnt just due( even tho im reluctant to use d terms burnt out) to his physical attacks. He used a whole lot of energy attacks in that fight. Now im not taking away from his durability, taking WWH punches to the head like that is no small feat.
However, those energy attacks he was using on WWH will be useless against thor who will absorb them and send them back with more power.
Also the thor glads fought wasnt current thor and I believe gladiator is greater than sentry anyways.

Wei Phoenix
Wait, I have to ask about the WWH thing. Are you arguing that Sentry burned Hulk out because he slugged it out with him?

You do realize Sentry has a calimg affect on the Hulk right?

I thought his aura for some stupid reason wasn't working.

Enyalus
I thought his aura for some stupid reason wasn't working.

Right. They try it once with an imitation and Hulk shrugs it off.

quanchi112
Sentry might have burned hulk out but it wasnt just due( even tho im reluctant to use d terms burnt out) to his physical attacks. He used a whole lot of energy attacks in that fight. Now im not taking away from his durability, taking WWH punches to the head like that is no small feat.
However, those energy attacks he was using on WWH will be useless against thor who will absorb them and send them back with more power.
Also the thor glads fought wasnt current thor and I believe gladiator is greater than sentry anyways. So,you are saying that Thor can absorb any attack thrown his way? Are you serious? I cant believe you would even say that. How is Glads superior to the Sentry?

quanchi112

You do realize Sentry has a calimg affect on the Hulk right? How was WW Hulk calming down? Its obvious they both burned themselves out fighting each other.

Im glad you kinda admitted now that you didnt read the helicarrier story.

ultimatethor
So,you are saying that Thor can absorb any attack thrown his way? Are you serious? I cant believe you would even say that. How is Glads superior to the Sentry?

Yeah thor CAN absorb any of those energy tornados the sentry can bring up. He has absorbed far far more potent attacks. And yeah glads actually has battle speed feats as well as superior strength and durability feats

Knowsbleed33
It doesn't mean anything. I have the Sentry mini, I read WWH, I've seen the scans of Sentry struggling to lift the helicarrier. I know that Sentry has done nothing comparable to Thor. You have yet to prove it either.

Enyalus
It doesn't mean anything. I have the Sentry mini, I read WWH, I've seen the scans of Sentry struggling to lift the helicarrier. I know that Sentry has done nothing comparable to Thor. You have yet to prove it either.

Sentry doesn't have tactile telekinesis (or whatever its called), like Gladiator has or Superman has. It wasn't that he wasn't strong enough to lift it, it was that it was being crushed by the weight of itself and Sentry's own grip.

Wei Phoenix
Right. They try it once with an imitation and Hulk shrugs it off.

Wait was he trying to use his aura or not? I thought that for some reason it wasn't even there and that it was like some automatic thing about him like a natural pheremone.

Knowsbleed33
Sentry doesn't have tactile telekinesis (or whatever its called), like Gladiator has or Superman has. It wasn't that he wasn't strong enough to lift it, it was that it was being crushed by the weight of itself and Sentry's own grip.

Come on dude, it's not even close regardless of the circumstances. The mid-gard serpent wrapped itself around the planet.

No contest who's stronger.

quanchi112
Yeah thor CAN absorb any of those energy tornados the sentry can bring up. He has absorbed far far more potent attacks. And yeah glads actually has battle speed feats as well as superior strength and durability feats No,he cant. Why cant the Sentry just knock his hammer far away from him and pile on him? Im not saying he cant absorb an occasional blast or two,but he cant absorb every blast thrown his way. Sentry can just punch him as well.

Should I post a less durable Hulk pwning Glads. He beat the snot out of him. A much weaker Hulk than WW Hulk. You are way off.Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
It doesn't mean anything. I have the Sentry mini, I read WWH, I've seen the scans of Sentry struggling to lift the helicarrier. I know that Sentry has done nothing comparable to Thor. You have yet to prove it either. So,you are judging it off a scan without knowing what happened before. Why havent you responded to the Collective,huh? Why are you avoiding the badass that the collective was? Why are you ignoring his rape of Terrax also?

quanchi112
Come on dude, it's not even close regardless of the circumstances. The mid-gard serpent wrapped itself around the planet.

No contest who's stronger. Is that what you are basing this off of? One ancient feat. laughing out loud How does benchpressing prove who is stronger anyways?

Knowsbleed33
He did nothing in his fight with Terrax except ask him to leave. The scans posted about the fight with the collective aren't impressive. Nothing Sentry did made the collective flinch.

You're basing your weak arguement against Thor on his first fight with Rulk. How about the many other ubers Thor has battled? Exitar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Collective and Exitar was impressed enough with Thor to create a duplicate to study.

You, my un-wise friend, are bringing the proverbial knife to a gun fight here.

Wei Phoenix

Should I post a less durable Hulk pwning Glads. He beat the snot out of him.?

Not really choosing a side here but if I'm not mistaken wasn't Glads being weakened by Hulk's radiation? I thought he was vulnerable to certain forms of radiation.

If I had to choose a winner though it would probably be Thor is a straight up hand fight.

quanchi112
He did nothing in his fight with Terrax except ask him to leave. The scans posted about the fight with the collective aren't impressive. Nothing Sentry did made the collective flinch.

You're basing your weak arguement against Thor on his first fight with Rulk. How about the many other ubers Thor has battled? Exitar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Collective and Exitar was impressed enough with Thor to create a duplicate to study.

You, my un-wise friend, are bringing the proverbial knife to a gun fight here. So,laughing off his blast and breaking his axe is nothing? laughing out loud laughing out loud He had him beat in 13 seconds without laying a hand on him. He demoralized him so badly he didnt even want a fight with him and yet you call it nothing.

Uhm,the Collective didnt beat the Sentry while it destroyed alpha flight in moments. The fact that Sentry could hang with something this powerful speaks volume about his power levels.

Im not basing this on one fight. I am basing it on Thor's history along with Sentry's. Did you read the Glads Thor fight? Do you realize that Hulk is a match for Thor let alone WW Hulk.

Who has defeated the sentry that Thor could take? Lets do it this way. Go ahead and tell me.

Im bringing a machete while you have your gun pointed at me with the safety on.

quanchi112
Not really choosing a side here but if I'm not mistaken wasn't Glads being weakened by Hulk's radiation? I thought he was vulnerable to certain forms of radiation.

If I had to choose a winner though it would probably be Thor is a straight up hand fight. You obviously didnt read that fight.

Enyalus

No contest who's stronger.

To be fair, Thor had his strength belt which doubled his strength, in order to do that.

quanchi112
To be fair, Thor had his strength belt which doubled his strength, in order to do that. I bet he didnt read that either.

Wei Phoenix
You obviously didnt read that fight.

Yeah I didn't which is why I asked and didn't claim. I only heard of it which is why I was wondering if Hulk's radiation was a factor, if not then more power to the Hulkster and did I say Thor? OMG what is wrong with me? I meant to say Sentry. Sentry would win in the H2H fight and more than likely an all out fight IMO.

guy222
So,laughing off his blast and breaking his axe is nothing? laughing out loud laughing out loud He had him beat in 13 seconds without laying a hand on him. He demoralized him so badly he didnt even want a fight with him and yet you call it nothing.

Uhm,the Collective didnt beat the Sentry while it destroyed alpha flight in moments. The fact that Sentry could hang with something this powerful speaks volume about his power levels.

Im not basing this on one fight. I am basing it on Thor's history along with Sentry's. Did you read the Glads Thor fight? Do you realize that Hulk is a match for Thor let alone WW Hulk.

Who has defeated the sentry that Thor could take? Lets do it this way. Go ahead and tell me.

Thor has more feats, my friend

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by guy222
Thor has more feats, my friend

Well that is because Thor has been out longer. You can't fully use that claim against someone when the other guy has only been around for about 8 years. If I made a guy who could do anything and stop everything and put him against Thor then would Thor win because he has more feats? Sentry should win this fight.

Knowsbleed33
So,laughing off his blast and breaking his axe is nothing? laughing out loud laughing out loud He had him beat in 13 seconds without laying a hand on him. He demoralized him so badly he didnt even want a fight with him and yet you call it nothing.

Uhm,the Collective didnt beat the Sentry while it destroyed alpha flight in moments. It not beating the hell out of the Sentry is damned impressive.

Now you're to the point where you're digging yourself into a hole that's closing in on top of you.

You're not basing anything on history with this debacle:

You state Sentry is Thor's physical superior yet you provide no proof. I see now why you and Fangirl butt heads so much. You're exactly the same, you downplay the high end feats and hype the low end ones just to support a weak arguement.

Fact: Thor has hung in with WAY more impressive characters than Sentry. Sentry duking it out with the Collective is impressive, but not comparable at all.

Fact: Sentry has no strength feats to suggest he's stronger than Thor. There hasn't even been any on panel indications.

You're using Sentry fighting it out with WWH as part of your arguement. Juggernaut did the same thing and he had a much easier time of it. I have no doubt you would say Sentry would beat the Juggernaut.

Your machete has turned into a swiss army knife. My gun has turned into a desert eagle with the saftey removed.

Knowsbleed33
Well that is because Thor has been out longer. You can't fully use that claim against someone when the other guy has only been around for about 8 years. If I made a guy who could do anything and stop everything and put him against Thor then would Thor win because he has more feats? Sentry should win this fight.

Good god man, you JUST said Thor would win.

Enyalus
Your machete has turned into a swiss army knife. My gun has turned into a desert eagle with the saftey removed.

Juggyman insta-wins this debate thanks to that DE reference.

Pure awesomeness. cool

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>