Kryptonian Shazam vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
Superman and Captain Marvel have shown that they can merge into one being. Stacking thier powers. Would this be enough to battle Thanos on even terms?

Stoic
I don't see how an amalgamation of these two characters would do any better than the two facing Thanos together, so I'm going to have to say that they would still lose this.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Stoic
I don't see how an amalgamation of these two characters would do any better than the two facing Thanos together, so I'm going to have to say that they would still lose this.
You do realize that if Thanos hits Superman, then it's different than if Superman and CM's durability is combined right? Or if Thanos is hit by Superman and CM even at the same time, it's not the same as the force combined into one singular strike. It is very different.

Juntai
Superman can give Thanos a problem himself, not sure what sort of upgrade this would give him powerwise, however.

Stoic
Originally posted by fangirl101
You do realize that if Thanos hits Superman, then it's different than if Superman and CM's durability is combined right? Or if Thanos is hit by Superman and CM even at the same time, it's not the same as the force combined into one singular strike. It is very different.

Yes but I also realize that although Shazam is resistant to magic that he is also not completely invulnerable to it, and they are both certainly not impervious to mind assaults... Thanos has more up his sleeves than physical assaults.

The Great Galen
Hmm, the combined attributes would easily be appraoching low skyfather like Thanos. Considering Supes speed I dont even see how Thanos would be able to land a hit let alone react...this Super marvel hybrid would be to much for Thanos. Super Marvel FTW.

fangirl101
http://pics.livejournal.com/jeanne_dark/pic/0007kgw9
http://pics.livejournal.com/jeanne_dark/pic/0007paw2

King Kandy
Yeah that's some crazy feats in those scans.

Stoic
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Hmm, the combined attributes would easily be appraoching low skyfather like Thanos. Considering Supes speed I dont even see how Thanos would be able to land a hit let alone react...this Super marvel hybrid would be to much for Thanos. Super Marvel FTW.

Yet Thanos was seen evading the Silver Surfers approach in the Infinity Gauntlet, and the Surfer was moving 100x faster than either of these guys can move on their own. No Thanos would be able to get his hands on him, unless you suggest that Kryptozam would use hit and run tactics... which of course would be hampered by Thanos' force field, not to mention that he withstood a direct assault from IG wielders in the past.

Thanos cleans house with this one.

fangirl101
Yet Thanos was seen evading the Silver Surfers approach in the Infinity Gauntlet, and the Surfer was moving 100x faster than either of these guys can move on their own. No Thanos would be able to get his hands on him, unless you suggest that Kryptozam would use hit and run tactics... which of course would be hampered by Thanos' force field, not to mention that he withstood a direct assault from IG wielders in the past.

Since when does Thanos have a force field without prep? And since when did Thanos not know that the surfer was coming? Didn't he have the IG on when he evaded the surfer's gauntlet. What are you talking about? The way you talk, you'd think Thanos could take on the source.

The Great Galen

Umm the biggest difference is that SS did a bullrush type attack while Supes has "DBZ style"h2h speed. The last time we saw Thanos up agaisnt someone with similar combat speed (gamora) he couldnt even land a hit...and yeah they were not going for the kill but it wasnt like they both threw the fight either. With combined attributes, the sheer level of new speed plus striking power is to much....this will be like Buu vs Super Vegeto heh.

Stoic
Since when does Thanos have a force field without prep? And since when did Thanos not know that the surfer was coming? Didn't he have the IG on when he evaded the surfer's gauntlet. What are you talking about? The way you talk, you'd think Thanos could take on the source.

Thanos has a personal forcefield on him at all times, hence his ability to encase people in blocks of pure force at will. Thanos has done this on several different occasions.

Thanos stripped himself of all power except the power which was within the Power Gem, he did this to make the battle more interesting... he had no idea of what Warlock and the Surfer were planning several light years away, and was able to evade at the last moment.

fangirl101
Thanos has a personal forcefield on him at all times, hence his ability to encase people in blocks of pure force at will. Thanos has done this on several different occasions.

Thanos stripped himself of all power except the power which was within the Power Gem, he did this to make the battle more interesting... he had no idea of what Warlock and the Surfer were planning several light years away, and was able to evade at the last moment.
The power gem let's him be quite aware of all power everywhere. So why wouldn't he know when Surfer's energy signature was approaching and from where?

And how the hell is Thanos's ability to encase someone in a block of force having to do with his own shields. He doesn't have force shields on the level in which wish they would be. If he did, He wouldn't have had such a ruff time with Odin or Tyrant. Or a black hole.

Stoic
The power gem let's him be quite aware of all power everywhere. So why wouldn't he know when Surfer's energy signature was approaching and from where?

And how the hell is Thanos's ability to encase someone in a block of force having to do with his own shields. He doesn't have force shields on the level in which wish they would be. If he did, He wouldn't have had such a ruff time with Odin or Tyrant. Or a black hole.

Now your making shyt up.

Bentley
Mind-rape still works right?

Juntai
Doubtful. Thanos probably couldn't mind-rape an engaging Clark, let alone whatever this being might be capable of. Despero was able to take on Aquaman and Martian Manhunter heads up in mental combat and dominate them, but couldn't do it to a determined Superman. Thanos' once in a lifetime use of mental power don't stand for much. In fact, it could arguably make him more succeptible to Clark's mental powers trying to touch minds with Clark, and that's without Billy and the Wisdom of the Gods.

There's really nothing here to stop Superman from saying SHAZAM! over and over again and beating Thanos down with the magical lightning as another option of attack.

While I'm on the topic, who was the last skyfather or universal level being Thanos toppled on his own without prep or IG or some such? I bet his record against truly powerful opponents is nothing compared to Superman. And no getting smashed by Odin and running from Tyrant aren't examples of real winning.

Feat for feat, Superman is better than Thanos on his own straight up in personal combat. And Thanos > Surfer > Superman doesn't cut it, because that can be done both ways. Easily.

Many of Surfers fans even think Surfer mostly gets through a fight by technicality, that he's 'suited to do it', while Thanos isn't.

Stoic
Hey you said it Thanos easilliy beat down the Surfer, and the Surfer is above Superman. Fact of the matter is that Thanos is on a playing field above Superman and Captain Marvel, Max Lord took Superman's mind over so I really don't see Thanos having much of a problem, he has also more than one showing using telepathy.

Lightning? you have to be kidding right? Thanos took a blast from a pissed off Galactus. I'm also pretty sure a black hole outputs more power than a magical lightning assault, because if not I don't see why Thor never tried it, what about the power that Odin was putting on the Titan?

Odin was winning their battle, but the fight was not over, who can truly say who the winner of that match would have been, and to place an amalgamation of Superman and Captain Marvel on Odins level is a glass of piss that I refuse to swallow. Odin did appear to be more powerful than Thanos, but it wasn't a domination like pitting Super Boy against Prime, Thanos is slightly below Odin in power, and Odin towers above this amalgamation.

Mindset
Umm the biggest difference is that SS did a bullrush type attack while Supes has "DBZ style"h2h speed. The last time we saw Thanos up agaisnt someone with similar combat speed (gamora) he couldnt even land a hit...and yeah they were not going for the kill but it wasnt like they both threw the fight either. With combined attributes, the sheer level of new speed plus striking power is to much....this will be like Buu vs Super Vegeto heh. You love the term, bullrush, don't you? laughing out loud

The Great Galen
Hey you said it Thanos easilliy beat down the Surfer, and the Surfer is above Superman. Fact of the matter is that Thanos is on a playing field above Superman and Captain Marvel, Max Lord took Superman's mind over so I really don't see Thanos having much of a problem, he has also more than one showing using telepathy.

Lightning? you have to be kidding right? Thanos took a blast from a pissed off Galactus. I'm also pretty sure a black hole outputs more power than a magical lightning assault, because if not I don't see why Thor never tried it, what about the power that Odin was putting on the Titan?

Odin was winning their battle, but the fight was not over, who can truly say who the winner of that match would have been, and to place an amalgamation of Superman and Captain Marvel on Odins level is a glass of piss that I refuse to swallow. Odin did appear to be more powerful than Thanos, but it wasn't a domination like pitting Super Boy against Prime, Thanos is slightly below Odin in power, and Odin towers above this amalgamation.

The difference here is that Supes tends to ultalize speed,strength and his exotic powers while fighting as opposed to many opponents Thanos faces off agaisnt. Supes oddly enough has a fairly good record agaisnt beings whom are his superior unlike Thanos who always has the assit of a plot device. IMO, supes speed well completly overwhealm Thanos before he can assert himself. Oh and wouldnt it be more risky for Thanos to engage Supes mentally due to T-VO.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Mindset
You love the term, bullrush, don't you? laughing out loud

Well what else did SS do....well then again ur one of the guys who equate flight with combat speed so.....

Mindset
Well what else did SS do....well then again ur one of the guys who equate flight with combat speed so..... lmao, you completely made that up, show me where I equated flight speed to combat speed. laughing out loud

The Great Galen
You are completely right, show me where I havn't equated flight speed to combat speed.

I'll try but it's going to be very hard smile

carver9
Umm the biggest difference is that SS did a bullrush type attack while Supes has "DBZ style"h2h speed. The last time we saw Thanos up agaisnt someone with similar combat speed (gamora) he couldnt even land a hit...and yeah they were not going for the kill but it wasnt like they both threw the fight either. With combined attributes, the sheer level of new speed plus striking power is to much....this will be like Buu vs Super Vegeto heh.

Stop saying that dc characters fight like dragonball z character because iits nowhere close to that. A depowered goku that has been drained of his powers fight better then dc top tiers.

There is no way to compare both.

Mindset
So I'll take that as you don't know what you're talking about as usual, lol.

carver9
Well what else did SS do....well then again ur one of the guys who equate flight with combat speed so.....

Naah, thats more like you, "superman fighting like a dbz character."

The Great Galen
Originally posted by carver9
Naah, thats more like you, "superman fighting like a dbz character."

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/679/08222005124311pm3un.jpg

I somehow doubt SS has ever fought like that agaisnt Thanos and I highly doubt thanos is any faster then that imperix probe....so yeah Thanos loses.

carver9

I somehow doubt SS has ever fought like that agaisnt Thanos and I highly doubt thanos is any faster then that imperix probe....so yeah Thanos loses.

Im going to show you something. I want you to look at the entire clip. In this clip you are going to learn that goku>>>>superman when it comes to speed and this was during his teenage years. If you can, please look at it. Its going to stop at 1 minute but it will continue if you let it play. Goku>speed of light and you'll also learn that he fight at the speed of light. stop comparing superman to dragonball characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-yu2-wxoiA

carver9

I somehow doubt SS has ever fought like that agaisnt Thanos and I highly doubt thanos is any faster then that imperix probe....so yeah Thanos loses. [/QUOTE

That aint jack when spiderman and wolverine has done the same thing to the hulk. Thats nothing close to dbz or even dragonball. I agree with you though, surfer cant do that.

zeel
Originally posted by Juntai
Superman can give Thanos a problem himself, not sure what sort of upgrade this would give him powerwise, however.

supes has nothing on thanos. he'd get a few hits in otherwise hes gone. comboing them wont do much good either they are still basically brute strength.

zeel

They are still only brute strength. there is absolutly no versitility here with supes and cap.

strength is not always enough. And no they are not approching skyfather level status combined they are just like a very weak version of a sundipped supes.

fascistcrusader
I'm pretty sure that even the combined might of Billy and Clark isn't as powerful as Odin, and if I'm not mistaken didn't Thanos take down the father of Thor?

My money's on Thanos for this.

D-Block
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
I'm pretty sure that even the combined might of Billy and Clark isn't as powerful as Odin, and if I'm not mistaken didn't Thanos take down the father of Thor?

My money's on Thanos for this.

Thanos didn't take down Odin. At least not to my knowledge.

D-Block
Originally posted by zeel
They are still only brute strength. there is absolutly no versitility here with supes and cap.

strength is not always enough. And no they are not approching skyfather level status combined they are just like a very weak version of a sundipped supes.

I think they would be more powerful than a sundipped superman by alot IMO

jalek moye
doesn't captain marvel currently have all the abilites of shazaam.

Isn't shazaam a match or greater then thanos?

The Great Galen
Originally posted by zeel

Escept supes speed and marvels magical properties along with strength that is easily comparable to Thanos if not exceeding his own.

The Great Galen

That clip has the benefit of motion as opposed to still pictures...on that note we dont know the quantified level of speed DBZ charas fight at while we know supes h2h speed is super sonic. Very few comic chars fight this way, supes is one of them while Thanos does not.

Dark-Jaxx
Im going to show you something. I want you to look at the entire clip. In this clip you are going to learn that goku>>>>superman when it comes to speed and this was during his teenage years. If you can, please look at it. Its going to stop at 1 minute but it will continue if you let it play. Goku>speed of light and you'll also learn that he fight at the speed of light. stop comparing superman to dragonball characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-yu2-wxoiA How did that in any way, shape, or form, even prove Goku is 1% of lightspeed, yet alone faster?

carver9
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
How did that in any way, shape, or form, even prove Goku is 1% of lightspeed, yet alone faster?

You must didnt listen or even look at the clip. It said that goku can move at light speed. Why post against something that I presented if you didnt take the time to look at it.

The Great Galen
Was that a accurate translation from the manga by any chance?

Mindset
You must didnt listen or even look at the clip. It said that goku can move at light speed. Why post against something that I presented if you didnt take the time to look at it. You know anime isn't canon, right?

carver9
That clip has the benefit of motion as opposed to still pictures...on that note we dont know the quantified level of speed DBZ charas fight at while we know supes h2h speed is super sonic. Very few comic chars fight this way, supes is one of them while Thanos does not.

Yamcha said how fast goku was going in the clip thats why I asked you to take the time to look at the scan. Supes dont fight like a dragonball character, stop saying that. I agree, superman has some nice hand movements but its not something that goku could duplicate when he was a child.

Start from the beginning of the clip and go until 2 minutes, it'll tell you how fast goku was moving.

carver9
Was that a accurate translation from the manga by any chance?

The question is did you listen to it.

carver9
You know anime isn't canon, right?

I know that anime is based off of the manga.

Mindset
I know that anime is based off of the manga. So you didn't know anime wasn't canon, ok.

carver9
So you didn't know anime wasn't canon, ok.

Lol, I know that anime is based off of the manga. We're not getting anywhere, can you change the subject please?

All of gokus combat speed feat>>>>>>>>>>anything ever done in the jla and I'm comparing this off of regular dragonball before he fought junior.

Mindset
Lol, I know that anime is based off of the manga. We're not getting anywhere, can you change the subject please?

All of gokus combat speed feat>>>>>>>>>>anything ever done in the jla and I'm comparing this off of regular dragonball before he fought junior. Goku can't move at lightspeed in the manga.

carver9
Goku can't move at lightspeed in the manga.

Thats your opinion but if we go by anything for both of the characters on panel then goku or superman has proven yet that either can combat at light speed but I do know that goku combat speed is on another level then superman.

I also can bring up things that was done that proves that goku could move and react at the speed of light since when he was fighting cell he actually moved so fast that he turned to light and captain ginyu blitzed so fast that he turned to light.

Mindset
Thats your opinion but if we go by anything for both of the characters on panel then goku or superman has proven yet that either can combat at light speed but I do know that goku combat speed is on another level then superman.

I also can bring up things that was done that proves that goku could move and react at the speed of light since when he was fighting cell he actually moved so fast that he turned to light and captain ginyu blitzed so fast that he turned to light. Yea, in the manga Goku can move at lightspeed.

smile

carver9
Yea, in the manga Goku can move at lightspeed.

smile

Are you trying to be funny? mad

The Great Galen

I also can bring up things that was done that proves that goku could move and react at the speed of light since when he was fighting cell he actually moved so fast that he turned to light and captain ginyu blitzed so fast that he turned to light.

Supes can fight as in move/attack at super sonic speed, Goku fights a unquantified speed so.........

ultimatethor
Still thanos.

carver9
Supes can fight as in move/attack at super sonic speed, Goku fights a unquantified speed so.........

Again, goku combat speed>>>>>>>>superman. When I see superman dodge a thousand punches coming at him by moving side to side like dbz characters does then I'll put him in at least 1% of dbz characters combat speed.

90% of the people superman fight wont be able to see gokus face in the beginning of the fight. Hell half of the people that superman fight, goku could just stand there and let them punch at him ending with there hands appearing as if its going through his body.

Kid goku as a child has combat feats throws supermans out of the window. Do me a favor, look at kid goku vs his look alike puppet, that feat along is >>> any dc character combat feat. Frieza could come to dc and basically take over. He'll be a sky father level being in dc.

TheBadguy
Thanos wins

During Dragonball alone Goku was fighting too fast for god to see, the same god that could see anything that happens anywhere on earth.

fangirl101
So, if the power of shazam, transforms a kid into the mighty captain marvel, then too shouldn't Superman's body be geometrically amplified at the same rate that a kid's is?

carver9
So, if the power of shazam, transforms a kid into the mighty captain marvel, then too shouldn't Superman's body be geometrically amplified at the same rate that a kid's is?

You have to provide proof of this because your basically basing this off of speculation.

fangirl101
You have to provide proof of this because your basically basing this off of speculation.
The power of Shazam transforms a kid into CM. So then shouldn't the power take whom ever it possesses and amplifly thier abilities accordingly. Superman was amazed at the power. He's already been sun amped, So it had to be on a different level.

iceman24567
Juntai is the man Thanos doesn't win

carver9
The power of Shazam transforms a kid into CM. So then shouldn't the power take whom ever it possesses and amplifly thier abilities accordingly. Superman was amazed at the power. He's already been sun amped, So it had to be on a different level.

Read the comic again; superman wasnt amazed at a amp he was amazed at captain marvels power. Thats why he asked captain marvel " is this how you feel every day". Captain marvel is stronger then superman, superman usage of his abilities makes him captain marvels equal.

fangirl101
Read the comic again; superman wasnt amazed at a amp he was amazed at captain marvels power. Thats why he asked captain marvel " is this how you feel every day". Captain marvel is stronger then superman, superman usage of his abilities makes him captain marvels equal.
No. fail. no. wrong. CM is powered by Herculese. who's been pwned in hand to hand by wonder woman. So no. CM is not stronger than Superman.

carver9
No. fail. no. wrong. CM is powered by Herculese. who's been pwned in hand to hand by wonder woman. So no. CM is not stronger than Superman.

What're you talking about, your knowledge of captain marvel is ridiculous. I'll post scans tomorrow on where it is stated numerous of times that captain marvel is stronger and by the way captain marvel>> wonder woman.

fangirl101
What're you talking about, your knowledge of captain marvel is ridiculous. I'll post scans tomorrow on where it is stated numerous of times that captain marvel is stronger and by the way captain marvel>> wonder woman.
And I'll post the scan where Herculese says he gives CM his strength. And then show Herc pwning Superman. But getting his ass kicked By wonder Woman.

The Great Galen
WW beating herc is meh, but why argue with Caver who thinks goku can fight at lightspeed lol.

carver9
WW beating herc is meh, but why argue with Caver who thinks goku can fight at lightspeed lol.

Why argue with you thinking that both wonder woman and superman could fight at light speed when there is no on panel proof. By the way goku dont need to fight at light speed but I know one thing his combat speed is>>>>>>>>>>>anyone on the jla.

fangirl101
Why argue with you thinking that both wonder woman and superman could fight at light speed when there is no on panel proof. By the way goku dont need to fight at light speed but I know one thing his combat speed is>>>>>>>>>>>anyone on the jla.
no. I can't see Goku Doing what Diana did with the shattered god. I also Can't see goku putting back together a city in minutes. Which means Superman and Wondy's hand eye speeds are greater than Goku's.

carver9
no. I can't see Goku Doing what Diana did with the shattered god. I also Can't see goku putting back together a city in minutes. Which means Superman and Wondy's hand eye speeds are greater than Goku's.

Like I said before, gokus COMBAT speed feats are greater then superman but if you want to play it like that. I cant see superman or wonder woman in the heart of a blast and basically jump up and outrace the blast, not even getting touched. Or how about goku moving so fast that blast that make it to them moon instantly, 100's of them being shot at him and hes dodging them so fast that it appears as if he standing still.

Or how about a blast being shot at a small ship that bulma and trunks is in and trunks that was standing on the ground while the blast was almost at the ship fly up, grab bulma and baby trunk and by the time the blast hit the ship trunks is on the ground.

How about this one, goku and frieza fight so fast that they made a 5 minute fight out of a 10 manga books.

carver9
I could also bring up gohun and super buu fighting so fast that the rocks that they busted through in the mountains didnt even touch the ground before the fight was over with. Every rock was staying in one spot.

fangirl101
Like I said before, gokus COMBAT speed feats are greater then superman but if you want to play it like that. I cant see superman or wonder woman in the heart of a blast and basically jump up and outrace the blast, not even getting touched. Or how about goku moving so fast that blast that make it to them moon instantly, 100's of them being shot at him and hes dodging them so fast that it appears as if he standing still.

Or how about a blast being shot at a small ship that bulma and trunks is in and trunks that was standing on the ground while the blast was almost at the ship fly up, grab bulma and baby trunk and by the time the blast hit the ship trunks is on the ground.

How about this one, goku and frieza fight so fast that they made a 5 minute fight out of a 10 manga books.
what are you talking about? Wondy and superman had an entire book that was only 1 min 56 seconds. Superman fought Amazo and fought off his radiation attack in 3/10's of a second. Read more dc. it's good for you.

vansonbee
what are you talking about? Wondy and superman had an entire book that was only 1 min 56 seconds. Superman fought Amazo and fought off his radiation attack in 3/10's of a second. Read more dc. it's good for you. Are you sure? It seem to boost alot of insanity stick out tongue.

Anyways did SuperZam fought anyone during this transformation, and what was the villains history?

carver9
what are you talking about? Wondy and superman had an entire book that was only 1 min 56 seconds. Superman fought Amazo and fought off his radiation attack in 3/10's of a second. Read more dc. it's good for you.

Do you not see the difference. Goku made a 10 comic book out of a 5 minute fight. Thats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>superman and wonder woman fight, especially with everything that went on. They were fighting, talking, and moving just that fast. Noone in comics has done that besides them. Every move that was made and everything that was said in that fight would have lasted for days if it was any other character, including superman but goku and frieza did all of that in five minutes. Thats insane.

And I love dc, I basically read nothing but jla and superman comics, Im a manager at a comic book store. confused

Nothing superman did to amazo was impressive. His speed blitz wasnt impressive and it wasnt something that I couldnt even see classic rogue not being able to do.

I almost forgot to add this, max lord seen the entire superman, wonder woman fight, no humans during the time goku was a child was able to see any of dragonball characters movements.

The Great Galen
Rant Rant Rant

Goku cant move at light speed, Supes can fight at sonic speed and we dont have a gauge of Gokus h2h speed.

Allankles

I almost forgot to add this, max lord seen the entire superman, wonder woman fight, no humans during the time goku was a child was able to see any of dragonball characters movements.

Wow! That's it? Superman has already moved faster than the eye can see in combat against a team of superhumans.

As an earlier poster said you should read more of the subject matter so you have a better idea of the actual displays, if you start making sweeping comments you come off ignorant.

Supes has already moved fast enough that he was invisible, fast enough to do all sorts of crap with his speed like create air vaccums with moving air. He's already clocked speeds where his opponents couldn't see him let alone react to what he was doing.

Allankles
Goku cant move at light speed, Supes can fight at sonic speed and we dont have a gauge of Gokus h2h speed.

Why did some japanese anime character get into the debate? DBZ guys don't even move lightspeed, they are nowhere near top tier in speed, strength and durability.

TheBadguy
I would like to see these scans of Supes moving so fast he was invisible too speedsters.

Allankles
Originally posted by TheBadguy
I would like to see these scans of Supes moving so fast he was invisible too speedsters.

Who said anything bout being invisible to speedsters? DBZ has no speedsters on per with Superman, Flash or any top tier speedster, so what do speedsters have to do with anything.

And a good example of Supes moving so fast he was invisible to his opponents which I keep giving is Action Comics # 775.

Juntai
Hey you said it Thanos easilliy beat down the Surfer, and the Surfer is above Superman. Fact of the matter is that Thanos is on a playing field above Superman and Captain Marvel, Max Lord took Superman's mind over so I really don't see Thanos having much of a problem, he has also more than one showing using telepathy. Superman beat Dominus, that's above Thanos by a mile.
A>B>C right?

I guess you didn't read the story then? Max Lord had been working on Superman's mind, breaking down his defenses since he helped rebuild the Justice League. You know when that Justice League storyline started? 1987. He'd been working on Superman's mind for nearly 20 years, little by little.

joesdabest1
Thanos 1 shots. Superman is pathetic.

Avlon
Originally posted by Juntai
Doubtful. Thanos probably couldn't mind-rape an engaging Clark, let alone whatever this being might be capable of. Despero was able to take on Aquaman and Martian Manhunter heads up in mental combat and dominate them, but couldn't do it to a determined Superman. Thanos' once in a lifetime use of mental power don't stand for much. In fact, it could arguably make him more succeptible to Clark's mental powers trying to touch minds with Clark, and that's without Billy and the Wisdom of the Gods.

There's really nothing here to stop Superman from saying SHAZAM! over and over again and beating Thanos down with the magical lightning as another option of attack.

While I'm on the topic, who was the last skyfather or universal level being Thanos toppled on his own without prep or IG or some such? I bet his record against truly powerful opponents is nothing compared to Superman. And no getting smashed by Odin and running from Tyrant aren't examples of real winning.

Feat for feat, Superman is better than Thanos on his own straight up in personal combat. And Thanos > Surfer > Superman doesn't cut it, because that can be done both ways. Easily.

Many of Surfers fans even think Surfer mostly gets through a fight by technicality, that he's 'suited to do it', while Thanos isn't.

Quoted for truth.

To add a bit to that.. Superman has a lot of similar tech to Thanos and yet does just fine in random encounters without it compared to Thanos who usually knows what he is going to deal with ahead of time.

Shazaman ftw.

Dark-Jaxx
I know that anime is based off of the manga. And said line was never in manga.

EDIT: And Shazaman wins.

carver9

Well we do know one thing, goku move a lot faster then the speed of sound since krillin, yamcha, and tien was running at 1000 mps during there training in the regular dragonball era and goku after his training with po po speed wsa >>>>>krillin, yamcha, and tien during that time period.

carver9
Originally posted by Allankles
Who said anything bout being invisible to speedsters? DBZ has no speedsters on per with Superman, Flash or any top tier speedster, so what do speedsters have to do with anything.

And a good example of Supes moving so fast he was invisible to his opponents which I keep giving is Action Comics # 775.

Goku>>>superman when it comes to combat speed. Everything that superman is doing today goku was doing as a child.

carver9
Wow! That's it? Superman has already moved faster than the eye can see in combat against a team of superhumans.

As an earlier poster said you should read more of the subject matter so you have a better idea of the actual displays, if you start making sweeping comments you come off ignorant.

Supes has already moved fast enough that he was invisible, fast enough to do all sorts of crap with his speed like create air vaccums with moving air. He's already clocked speeds where his opponents couldn't see him let alone react to what he was doing.

Its different NUT. Goku fight so fast that the human eye cant catch none of the fight THE ENTIRE TIME. They basically disappear the entire time. They fight so fast that the rocks around them that is flying in the air is in slow motion, it never hit the ground. They fight so fast that a enemy or hero get punched and there punches appears as if it going through there body but its not even them and all of this happen while fighting in super speed.

Hell, tien during his fight with yamcha hit yamcha 47 times in one second and this was a holding back tien that wasnt even powered up. What is superman greatest hits in a second, dont make up sh**, I want you to post a scan of it because the max that I have seen from him is 4. If thats true then chazu combat speed>>>>>supermans.

Antiphon
Thanos still wins.

Stoic
Originally posted by Antiphon
Thanos still wins.

Yes he does.

D-Block
Originally posted by jalek moye
doesn't captain marvel currently have all the abilites of shazaam.

Isn't shazaam a match or greater then thanos?

Yep Shazam is above Thanos and Billy does have those powers but I assume the thread starter is talking aobut Pre Shazam Billy.

D-Block

Fangirl I believe the TOS proved that CM is powered by a Different Herc than the one that WW fought. I'll have to go find it to be sure.

fangirl101
Originally posted by D-Block
Fangirl I believe the TOS proved that CM is powered by a Different Herc than the one that WW fought. I'll have to go find it to be sure. Nah. Herc has said it on panel that he gives CM his power.

Bentley
Nah. Herc has said it on panel that he gives CM his power.

What he means is that TOS totally retconned previous notions. Are those panels after Freddy becoming Marvel?

D-Block
Nah. Herc has said it on panel that he gives CM his power.

Thanks for the info. What was it stated in?

iceman24567
Yep Shazam is above Thanos and Billy does have those powers but I assume the thread starter is talking aobut Pre Shazam Billy. Yeah Shazam is above Thanos but let's not assume current Billy is on that level without some feats.

D-Block
Originally posted by iceman24567
Yeah Shazam is above Thanos but let's not assume current Billy is on that level without some feats.

Someone asked so I just answered but I feel what you're saying. Current Billy needs his own comic to get some feats.

Mindset
Thanos > Spectre >> Shazam

iceman24567
Thanos > Spectre >> Shazam Well Shazam = Sg >>>> Thanos

Mindset
No one is equal to Sg, not even the editors.

SoulDevourer
wait one - Shazam alone is supposed to be fully invulnerable right ? even more so than superman (he's invulnerable to all physical attacks including to kryptonite)

whereas Thanos is super-durable but not fully invulnerable
so Thanos can be harmed by sufficient physicall force, but not Shazam...???

D-Block
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
wait one - Shazam alone is supposed to be fully invulnerable right ? even more so than superman (he's invulnerable to all physical attacks including to kryptonite)

so Thanos can be harmed by sufficient physicall force, but not Shazam...???

Nah. Shazam can be harmed by sufficient force.

SoulDevourer
Nah. Shazam can be harmed by sufficient force. physical force? when did that happen ?

(all sources concerning him mention "invulnerability" not "durability"wink

Mindset
Originally posted by SoulDevourer

so Thanos can be harmed by sufficient physicall force, but not Shazam...??? Are you talking about Billy?

The Great Galen
Anyhow Super marvel wins.

Allankles

Hell, tien during his fight with yamcha hit yamcha 47 times in one second and this was a holding back tien that wasnt even powered up. What is superman greatest hits in a second, dont make up sh**, I want you to post a scan of it because the max that I have seen from him is 4. If thats true then chazu combat speed>>>>>supermans.

Supes can propel his body several times faster than light speed, he has built cities in seconds. Hitting someone once every 1/47th of a second should be no problem he can hit people faster than that given how quickly he can move and vibrate his body, no one in DBZ is as fast. His already moved/vibrated his hands so fast he disassembled Henshaw's body.

carver9
Supes can propel his body several times faster than light speed, he has built cities in seconds. Hitting someone once every 1/47th of a second should be no problem he can hit people faster than that given how quickly he can move and vibrate his body, no one in DBZ is as fast. His already moved/vibrated his hands so fast he disassembled Henshaw's body.

1st thing that I want you to do is show me superman, wonder woman, sentry (giving you a lot of options), martian manhunter propelling there bodies at light speed and I want you to show me where it is saying light speed.

Again show me the most hits superman has ever hit someone. Im not asking for vibrating feats because why in the hell would anyone in dbz need to vibrate or build a city. How about 100s of blast going through gokus body, the same kind of blast that made it to the moon instantly and goku moviing so fast that it appears as if his body was standing still.

I cant easily bring up master roshi and krillin fight where they did a 10 minute fight seen instantly.

Or I could bring up superman failing to catch 500 bullets from multiple of machine gunners and flash assisted him but goku as a child deflected machine gun fire from 100's of soldiers carrying machine guns without one bullet touching him. Or how about superman failing to catch bullets in day after tomorrow but tien trainer actually outraced bullets and caught every last one of them.

Again this was as a child.

Red Hulk
This thread is as much as a failure as I thought it was.

Dragon Ball references farther cement that.

vlaaad12345
Its carver what do you expect lol.

carver9
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Its carver what do you expect lol.

Thank you Happy Dance

zeel
Are we talking about the new marvel? shazam and captian marvel combined here? If so id say marvel if this is old captian marvel and supes combined then id give it to thanos easy.

zeel
Thanos > Spectre >> Shazam

lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.