Beta Ray Bill vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Two natural-born warriors go at it...who wins?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/76844-134741-beta-ray-bill_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/8608/217428-10416-wonder-woman_super.jpg

The Great Galen
Diana looks smoking there...and she goes down im afraid.

Mindset
BRB is an ugly son of a *****

Starscream M
this ain't a beauty contest...

The Great Galen
Well in that case yeah Diana really goes down hard.

Stoic
Based solely on Bills showing in Stormbreaker I think he'd edge Wonder Woman out in an all out battle. One question though, is Bill as powerful in his new body as he was several years past?

guy222
BRB

2damnloud
This is borderline spite.

The Great Galen
Diana has some good gimmicks, shes faster but is underwhealming in every other respect.

Mindset
Originally posted by Starscream M
this ain't a beauty contest... says you

Starscream M
Originally posted by 2damnloud
This is borderline spite. what the hell are you babbling about...WW is someone who holds her own even against Superman, so fighting against BRB is certainly not spite.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Starscream M
what the hell are you babbling about...WW is someone who holds her own even against Superman, so fighting against BRB is certainly not spite.

That's because that guy thinks that WW actually loses to Storm. Pay him no attention to him at all.

Diana fights hard but goes down. BRB takes the majority.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
That's because that guy thinks that WW actually loses to Storm. Pay him no attention to him at all.

dude! he even thinks storm can control the weather better than thor....wtf? that storm can take on ss, superman, df, and so on and so on and so on...

fangirl101
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
dude! he even thinks storm can control the weather better than thor....wtf? that storm can take on ss, superman, df, and so on and so on and so on...
Storm can control the weather better. She's like a surgeon with the Weather. Thor is a huge Meat Cleaver. More powerful but NEVEr as good as Storm is. She's done too many fine tune things.

Ruin
Originally posted by fangirl101
Storm can control the weather better. She's like a surgeon with the Weather. Thor is a huge Meat Cleaver. More powerful but NEVEr as good as Storm is. She's done too many fine tune things.

Never post nonsense such as this again. no expression

fangirl101
Originally posted by Ruin
Never post nonsense such as this again. no expression I post what I feel like. When Thor create pressure fields,force fields made of air molecules, or fine mist to cover his escape, let me know.

ultimatethor
Storm having better weather control than thor? Hmm i seem to remember and instance of thor turning storms lightning back on her

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Fangorl
I post what I feel like. When Thor create pressure fields,force fields made of air molecules, or fine mist to cover his escape, let me know.
. no expression

Why would he do that when he can open a portal and walk thru lol.

Thor fought storm and played with her.

As a matter of fact he toyed with her and then defeated her with a kiss.

his power over the elements are far better. You don't need a froce field of air when you have Mjolnir

Antiphon
Wonder Woman gets stomped. How is this even a fair match?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Antiphon
Wonder Woman gets stomped. How is this even a fair match?
When was the last time you picked up a WW comic?

Harbinger

AlmightyKfish
BRB for the majority.

fangirl101
I simply fail to understand why Fast characters get the win over characters that they are much faster than, but WW is never given the win over character's she's much faster than.

Quicksilver pwn Iron Man is far more powerful. Becuz of Speed.

Flash Pwned A white martian who is far more powerful and versatile. Because of Speed.

And then you have Wondy who has speed in spades, on top of skyfather weapons, and top 5 DCU martial arts abilities, High end strength and Durability, and She doesn't get the majority on guys she's far faster and more skilled than. I smell a rat.

AlmightyKfish
Quicksilver has no right to stalemate Iron Man tbh, Hulk has tagged him.

Tony's reaction times > Hulks.

And the Flash example, well Flash is that much faster than everyone.

With this, BRB is nearly as fast tbh, but Marvel characters rarely have combat speed feats. Add to that the fact skill wise, a base BRB stalemated Thor until he took Mjolnir. Thats pretty impressive.

And BRB is an on panel planet wrecker.

fangirl101
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Quicksilver has no right to stalemate Iron Man tbh, Hulk has tagged him.

Tony's reaction times > Hulks.

And the Flash example, well Flash is that much faster than everyone.

With this, BRB is nearly as fast tbh, but Marvel characters rarely have combat speed feats. Add to that the fact skill wise, a base BRB stalemated Thor until he took Mjolnir. Thats pretty impressive.

And BRB is an on panel planet wrecker.

BRb is no where near as fast or skilled As wondy. And his hammer may wreck planets. But Wondy's bracers deflect the power of stars and Entire Pantheons. I'd say his hammer is not a problem. Then that leaves her speed and skill and strength and durability AND LASSO against his Strength, durability and Skill. I can't see how he can wreck someone he will have a hard time hitting, let alone actually out fighting given her speed and skill.

comicfan11
I like BRB's raw destructive warrior attitude in this battle for a slight majority.

Wei Phoenix
BRb is no where near as fast or skilled As wondy. And his hammer may wreck planets. But Wondy's bracers deflect the power of stars and Entire Pantheons. I'd say his hammer is not a problem. Then that leaves her speed and skill and strength and durability AND LASSO against his Strength, durability and Skill. I can't see how he can wreck someone he will have a hard time hitting, let alone actually out fighting given her speed and skill.

You can debate speed but skill? Come on he had enough skill to stalemate Thor until he took the hammer that deemed him worthy.

The Great Galen
I simply fail to understand why Fast characters get the win over characters that they are much faster than, but WW is never given the win over character's she's much faster than.

Flash Pwned A white martian who is far more powerful and versatile. Because of Speed.

And then you have Wondy who has speed in spades, on top of skyfather weapons, and top 5 DCU martial arts abilities, High end strength and Durability, and She doesn't get the majority on guys she's far faster and more skilled than. I smell a rat.

WW is a bee with quick stings, sure she can move but with strikes that onyhave a glancing effect it doesnt matter.

fascistcrusader
Beta Ray takes this fight.

tkitna
Bill wrecks her

Antiphon
Originally posted by The Great Galen
WW is a bee with quick stings, sure she can move but with strikes that onyhave a glancing effect it doesnt matter.

true dat, BRB would smoke WW. WW may have a slight edge in speed, but BRB is a planet buster and is way more durable.

Stoic
Did BRB stalemate Thor or did he outright beat his ass? I have the comic, and from what I read Thor lost that fight, Bill became more powerful when he was granted the hammer as well.

Stardust is pretty fast, all Heralds are, and Bill was just fine as far as speed goes while confronting the Herald. How can anyone say that Bill is slow when he was flying fast enough to avoid being pulled into a black hole? I understand combat speed, but I truly doubt that Wonder Woman is going to turn Bill into a super speed punching bag.

carver9
bill 8/10. Brb is on another level, this is a on panel planet buster.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Stoic
Did BRB stalemate Thor or did he outright beat his ass? I have the comic, and from what I read Thor lost that fight, Bill became more powerful when he was granted the hammer as well.

Stardust is pretty fast, all Heralds are, and Bill was just fine as far as speed goes while confronting the Herald. How can anyone say that Bill is slow when he was flying fast enough to avoid being pulled into a black hole? I understand combat speed, but I truly doubt that Wonder Woman is going to turn Bill into a super speed punching bag.

She can propel herself invisably fast during combat (DBZ Syle) whilst BBT fights like a brick...much like all marvel top tiers.

carver9
She can propel herself invisably fast during combat (DBZ Syle) whilst BBT fights like a brick...much like all marvel top tiers.

Everytime you say this I'm going to comment on it.

SHE DONT FIGHT DBZ STYLE OR EVEN CLOSE TO IT.

Goku combat speed>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything wonder woman has shown. Use other characters and stop using dbz because dc fight nothing like that.

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9

Goku combat speed>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything wonder woman has shown. Use other characters and stop using dbz because dc fight nothing like that.

They really don't except maybe for the Flash... he is the exception, then again he's a ground fighter, so you're right no one in DC fights like DBZ characters do.

Endrict Nuul
BRB stomps her.

Red Hulk

And then you have Wondy who has speed in spades, on top of skyfather weapons, and top 5 DCU martial arts abilities, High end strength and Durability, and She doesn't get the majority on guys she's far faster and more skilled than. I smell a rat. Because she doesn't fight like that.

Dark-Jaxx

Goku combat speed>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything wonder woman has shown. Use other characters and stop using dbz because dc fight nothing like that. Prove these statements with quantifiable speed feats and show your math please or GTFO.

And BRB for a majority, 6-7/10.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Because she doesn't fight like that.
She doesn't what?
Vs. The Shattered God. Abstract being.
http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/01/26/1228691_560x867.jpg

Launching Superfast attacks
http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/01/16/1228635_787x1238.jpg

Moving so fast that she's causing Multiple images while she fights Several of the QOF's wonder Woman.http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/01/30/1228706_bigthumb.jpg

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Stoic
They really don't except maybe for the Flash... he is the exception, then again he's a ground fighter, so you're right no one in DC fights like DBZ characters do.

Flash,Supes and WW.

fangirl101
Using Superspeed, Skill, and strength to pwn three Omacs. Need I post how strong the omacs are?
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7938/12052005023302am7wc.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5421/12052005023752am4xg.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2150/12052005023937am6mu.jpg

zeel

NOOOOOOO not the lassooooooooooo

i hate that damm rope!

BRB for the majority but i think wondy is being underestimated here.

I hate to say this casue i hate the magic lasso, it should NOT be given to a mere mortal. If wondy is faster then you and she wants to use the lasso your done. Unless the person she lasso's has some sorta immunity to her lasso.

The thing is she rarely uses her lasso casue if she did shed win 99.99999999% of her fights.

Red Hulk
She doesn't what?
Vs. The Shattered God. Abstract being.

Launching Superfast attacks

Moving so fast that she's causing Multiple images while she fights Several of the QOF's wonder Woman. I never said she couldn't move fast, and in the first one, she's not fighting...

A couple other instances doesn't prove she normally fights like QS, or Flash. Sure she uses some speed sometimes, but not enough to start comparing her fighting style to Flash.

As well as stuff like fighting multiple opponents means she has to fight extremely fast or get destroyed. The motivation for moving fast like that against Beta isn't there.

carver9
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Prove these statements with quantifiable speed feats and show your math please or GTFO.

And BRB for a majority, 6-7/10.

How about this, show me the most hit that wonder woman has done on anyone during a fight and I'll use dragonball at there weakest that would basically outdue that punching speed.

Im going to use tien during his teenage years. He hit yamcha 47 times in a second, show me wonder woman trumping that or even getting close to that and this was a tien that was holding back and wasnt giving it his all.

carver9
Flash,Supes and WW.

No they dont.

fangirl101
I never said she couldn't move fast, and in the first one, she's not fighting...

A couple other instances doesn't prove she normally fights like QS, or Flash. Sure she uses some speed sometimes, but not enough to start comparing her fighting style to Flash.

As well as stuff like fighting multiple opponents means she has to fight extremely fast or get destroyed. The motivation for moving fast like that against Beta isn't there.
The first scan is fighting. She's fighting off the shattered God. the Universal Level abstract being. She's actually repelling parts of his body trying to find a new vessel in trevor.

And fighting BRB is motivation to use speed. She uses it against Amazo and other uber beings. DS. etc.

Red Hulk
Why in the shit is Dragon Ball brought up again?

skuzzyknuckles
I can't draw on specific instances..but Im very sorry...WW wins this!! Not easy at all..just..yea..she does. That lasso..that strength now..Thor takes her one on one...but BRB..no. Now I know BRB beat Thor..but Thor was in a huge rut...even in his books at the time. He had to deal with being a frog not too far before that..and that would shake all confidence. But if BRB was the "planet buster" ( and yes he has done it but lets not get crazy ) but it would have been BRB vs Surtur...and frankly it wasnt. Theres not many Marvel characters that could give Supes a run for his money...frankly BRB is one of them...BUT WW has put Supes in his place a few times. F*** super speed..she's just a damn hard ass to beat..shes cold blooded..strong fast cunning..ya name it. It would be a fight worthy of a cpl issues to be sure.
And lets keep DBZ out of this...manga has no place in american comics..and btw one punch from supes is equal too 100 from any character on DBZ ( ok..pre crisis or post crisis..that does make a difference lol )

Red Hulk
The first scan is fighting. She's fighting off the shattered God. the Universal Level abstract being. She's actually repelling parts of his body trying to find a new vessel in trevor.

And fighting BRB is motivation to use speed. She uses it against Amazo and other uber beings. DS. etc. She's holding off pieces of his body... That's not a fighting scenario.

Amazo was so far above WW (and not to mention... Amazo), she had to try different tactics... but if you insist, BRB is so far above WW I can see it happening. smile

On average she does not use the type of speed being applied here, or even close. Rare instances are not the normal. Circumstances don't make it applicable to everything. CIS is on the forum, if I'm correct after all.

She might win, she might lose, but I don't see her fighting Flash-esque from the word go, unless she has no other option.

fangirl101
She's holding off pieces of his body... That's not a fighting scenario.

Amazo was so far above WW (and not to mention... Amazo), she had to try different tactics... but if you insist, BRB is so far above WW I can see it happening. smile

On average she does not use the type of speed being applied here, or even close. Rare instances are not the normal. Circumstances don't make it applicable to everything. CIS is on the forum, if I'm correct after all.

She might win, she might lose, but I don't see her fighting Flash-esque from the word go, unless she has no other option.
The point that she has the ability to move so fast as to actually stop the shattered God says alot about her skill and speed.

Now Wondy has used the lasso on people weaker than her. I see no reason why she wouldn't want to end this peacefully and just wrap Bill up so she doesn't have to fight. That is, in her character.

Red Hulk
The point that she has the ability to move so fast as to actually stop the shattered God says alot about her skill and speed.

Now Wondy has used the lasso on people weaker than her. I see no reason why she wouldn't want to end this peacefully and just wrap Bill up so she doesn't have to fight. That is, in her character.
I never said it didn't. You take the CIS off of WW, and she would be an engine of destruction.

May-haps, but I was only addressing the Flash comparisons.
Although, Bill is pretty 'pure'. Would the lasso be able to hold him?

fangirl101
I never said it didn't. You take the CIS off of WW, and she would be an engine of destruction.

May-haps, but I was only addressing the Flash comparisons.
Although, Bill is pretty 'pure'. Would the lasso be able to hold him?
The lasso can work if she commands something. She has to command something or ask a question. Like Show me your form without the hammer or something like that. But I'm more of the type to think that she uses the lasso to bind. The problem with wondy, is she does purposely lower down her abilities to get in a good fight. Her, Thor, and Orion all have this problem.

The Great Galen
Why in the shit is Dragon Ball brought up again?

To illustrate the combat h2h speed for characters like QS,Supes,Flash and to a lesser degree WW.

carver9
To illustrate the combat h2h speed for characters like QS,Supes,Flash and to a lesser degree WW.

You need to find another anime character then because neither of the above fight anywhere near the speed of a dragonball character. Again show me the most punches wonder woman has done on someone. Tien as a teenager punched yamcha 47 times in one second and this was a tien that was holding back.

Whats the most that wonderwoman has punched someone.

fangirl101
You need to find another anime character then because neither of the above fight anywhere near the speed of a dragonball character. Again show me the most punches wonder woman has done on someone. Tien as a teenager punched yamcha 47 times in one second and this was a tien that was holding back.

Whats the most that wonderwoman has punched someone.
Does it matter? We know that she can move her hands far faster than light. Far far faster. And propel her body in all different directions at the same time. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

fascistcrusader
Wait, has there ever been an instance where it was said on panel she can move FTL, or are you making an assumption off of an art style?

carver9
Does it matter? We know that she can move her hands far faster than light. Far far faster. And propel her body in all different directions at the same time. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

To figure out what scan are you coming up with the fact that she can move her hands at light speed. confused

Or even the speed of sound.

I agree with you, she is fast but again she is nowhere close to fighting on dbz levels unless you can show me her punching someone 47 times in a second which is something tien did as a child.

fangirl101
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Wait, has there ever been an instance where it was said on panel she can move FTL, or are you making an assumption off of an art style?
Shattered God's body is spread all over the Universe. He's literally pulling himself from every corner of the universe in an omnidirectional pattern in a manner of seconds. How fast do you think his star form parts are traveling to make it to him that fast? How fast do you think Wondy had to move in order to block everysingle one of those shards?

The Great Galen
Bill wins, WW will only have glancing blows.

fascistcrusader
He might be pulling himself from all over the universe, but that has nothing to do with her speed. You don't have to be moving "much much faster than light" to block pieces flying at you from all over.

Heck, Spider-Man always dodges things coming at him from all over, and I've seen a few instances of him having multiple images in one frame to show speed, but that doesn't mean he can move FTL.

I've also heard from somewhere that post crisis Superman can't break lightspeed all the time, and Superman is definitely faster than Diana.

carver9
Shattered God's body is spread all over the Universe. He's literally pulling himself from every corner of the universe in an omnidirectional pattern in a manner of seconds. How fast do you think his star form parts are traveling to make it to him that fast? How fast do you think Wondy had to move in order to block everysingle one of those shards?

Again, can you tell me where you get the idea that she can react or move at light speed from that one scan. I guess that also mean that captain america can move at light speed since he has slapped lasers out of the air without to much problem.

Raoul
I've also heard from somewhere that post crisis Superman can't break lightspeed all the time, and Superman is definitely faster than Diana.

he can when he's needed/wanted to...

carver9
He might be pulling himself from all over the universe, but that has nothing to do with her speed. You don't have to be moving "much much faster than light" to block pieces flying at you from all over.

Heck, Spider-Man always dodges things coming at him from all over, and I've seen a few instances of him having multiple images in one frame to show speed, but that doesn't mean he can move FTL.

This post is so true.

UKR
BRB to the best of my knowledge has:
-smashed Galactus' helmet off
-bitten a herald's arm off
-bested a herald (I forget if BRB killed him or not)
-Smashed a planet
-Withstood the explosion of a planet (I think, maybe)
-Withstood cosmic blasts (which IIRC can destroy planets or more)

So I think this is a mismatch, he's pretty far beyond Diana's level. Being able to fight Superman for five minuets doesn't mean you can stand up to a guy who can do all that stuff unless the Superman you're talking about is the one from before Crisis.

carver9
Originally posted by UKR
-Smashed a planet

So I think this is a mismatch, he's pretty far beyond Diana's level. Being able to fight Superman for five minuets doesn't mean you can stand up to a guy who can do all that stuff unless the Superman you're talking about is the one from before Crisis.

I forgot about the helmet feat; he did do that.

and yes he did bested a herald, a high herald.

and yes, he did survive a planets explosion without a scratch.

bill is a powerhouse but diana wont go down without a fight. I just hope and prey that bill doesnt fight her like he did star dust because diana would be as good as dead. Bill didnt hold anything back.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by UKR
-Smashed a planet
He only cracked it.
Stardust is made of energy, but it's durability seems good... so I don't know.
If anyone won, it was Stardust. She even flash KO'ed him.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes, but merely surviving Cosmic blasts doesn't say much.

fascistcrusader

Interesting. How often does he break C? And do we have a quantifiable measure of a non sun dipped or otherwise amped Superman's top speed?

Raoul

Interesting. How often does he break C? And do we have a quantifiable measure of a non sun dipped or otherwise amped Superman's top speed?

he tends to break it when there's a real emergency or a real need to, but other than that, not often, and especially not on earth due to the damage it might do, though even that is sketchy sometimes (by that i mean the damage him going ftl would cause)

and as far as a quantifiable measure, not that i recall, he has some insane speed feats...

he's superman though... if you need him to be fast enough to do something, a writer will make him fast enough...

fangirl101
Again, can you tell me where you get the idea that she can react or move at light speed from that one scan. I guess that also mean that captain america can move at light speed since he has slapped lasers out of the air without to much problem. when you show me cap blocking multiple lasers coming at him at FTL from all directions let me know. Your example is Parc.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Raoul
he tends to break it when there's a real emergency or a real need to, but other than that, not often, and especially not on earth due to the damage it might do, though even that is sketchy sometimes (by that i mean the damage him going ftl would cause)

and as far as a quantifiable measure, not that i recall, he has some insane speed feats...

he's superman though... if you need him to be fast enough to do something, a writer will make him fast enough... vega to earth in minutes.

fangirl101

That is ridiculous. and I get honestly SICK of your CONSTANT attempts at putting DC character's feats down. who the hell can block OMNIDIRECTIONAL FTL projectiles without being able to move faster? All of them with none slipping past. To suggest anything less than FTL speed and reflexes is RIDICULOUS. If it were surfer doing the feat, you'd be all over it. Hailing it as the greatest speed feat since flash broke the speed force barrier.
She isn't just standing there blocking. She's MOVING to block all of the light particles. As in getting in their way. How do you get in the way of FTL if you aren't FTL? From one point to another repeatedly.

carver9
Heres bill using some kind of energy attack to defeat ego.
http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=korvacquestpart02thorannual1650pd3.jpg

Bill damaging galactus but galactus healing himself immediately.
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8775/stormbreaker0119bz0.jpg

That move alone should be able to kill wonder woman

Bill surviving a clap from galactus without any damage.

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/9578/stormbreaker0121vw9.jpg
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/3760/stormbreaker0122cz1.jpg

This should kill wonder woman also.
http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormbreaker522233it.jpg

Raoul
vega to earth in minutes.

that's one, but there's nothing to say that it's his maximum speed or anything...

carver9
when you show me cap blocking multiple lasers coming at him at FTL from all directions let me know. You example is CRAP.

When was it stated that the objects that was coming at wonder woman was faster then light. confused

fangirl101
Heres bill using some kind of energy attack to defeat ego.
http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=korvacquestpart02thorannual1650pd3.jpg

Bill damaging galactus but galactus healing himself immediately.
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8775/stormbreaker0119bz0.jpg

That move alone should be able to kill wonder woman

Bill surviving a clap from galactus without any damage.

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/9578/stormbreaker0121vw9.jpg
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/3760/stormbreaker0122cz1.jpg

And why would any of those moves Kill wonder woman when None of those beings are as Fast as wondy? And Why would she let his moves get thru her force field? Please. Do. Tell. Us. Do you know his moves could kill him if she decided to deflect them back upon him. The first scan isn't even Bill's own energy. He's siphoning.

carver9
vega to earth in minutes.

Space flight= I dont know. confused

fangirl101
Aren't ALL of Surfer's Speed Feats Space flight? Don't give me that.

carver9
And why would any of those moves Kill wonder woman when None of those beings are as Fast as wondy? And Why would she let his moves get thru her force field? Please. Do. Tell. Us. Do you know his moves could kill him if she decided to deflect them back upon him.

I need a favor from you fangirl, can you post a scan of wonder woman using the said force field twice.

Raoul

light speed is light speed, whether it's on earth, apokolips or in space.

-K-M-

and also kill Bill as well, which it practically did until the cloaked figure saved him.

fangirl101
Force Field Blocks Ares Blast
http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/02/22/1228878_bigthumb.jpg

Force blocks Blast of Greek Pantheon. Destruction Multiplied Times infinity.
http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/02/22/1228873_bigthumb.jpg

Raoul
Bottom of the page:

carver9

If thats the case then that means that vulcan is>>>almost anyone in comics since he flew across the entire universe in less then a week. confused

carver9
Force Field Blocks Ares Blast
http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/02/22/1228878_bigthumb.jpg

Force blocks Blast of Greek Pantheon. Destruction Multiplied Times infinity.
http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/02/22/1228873_bigthumb.jpg

The 1st scan appears as if she blocked it like she block everything else, with her bracelets.

Second scan, she was in some serious pain while pulling that feat. Its a nice feat but she appears to be disoriented.

Raoul
If thats the case then that means that vulcan is>>>almost anyone in comics since he flew across the entire universe in less then a week. confused

green lanterns regularly travel to other galaxies in the space of hours.

i don't remember that vulcan issue, but i do remember it saying something about him travelling pretty fast...

a week across the universe isn't exactly that special in comparison to other space faring characters...

and vulcan's combat speed is still pretty shite.

carver9
green lanterns regularly travel to other galaxies in the space of hours.

i don't remember that vulcan issue, but i do remember it saying something about him travelling pretty fast...

a week across the universe isn't exactly that special in comparison to other space faring characters...

and vulcan's combat speed is still pretty shite.

You do know who classic rogue is right, she has yet to break the sound barrier, hell she dont go CLOSE to the speed of sound.

In these scans rogue gets punched to the moon and she fly back to the earth instantly. If you look at the second scan you'll see her making it back before the roof even decide to cave in. That feat alone is waaay above the speed of sound.

http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncanny171page19zx8.jpg
http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncanny171page20vi0.jpg

Raoul
You do know who classic rogue is right, she has yet to break the sound barrier, hell she dont go CLOSE to the speed of sound.

In these scans rogue gets punched to the moon and she fly back to the earth instantly. If you look at the second scan you'll see her making it back before the roof even decide to cave in. That feat alone is waaay above the speed of sound.

http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncanny171page19zx8.jpg
http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncanny171page20vi0.jpg

i've read more x-men than i have superman, of course i know who rogue is...

the roof was blasted open, there's no debris coming back down that i can see... the dark parts to me look like damaged parts of the remaining roof, though i could be wrong...

and even if she's not supposed to ever be breaking the speed of sound, that writer obviously forgot, then, didn't they?

if one person can travel at the speed of light, or a million people can, it doesn't change what the actual speed of light is.

fangirl101
The 1st scan appears as if she blocked it like she block everything else, with her bracelets.

Second scan, she was in some serious pain while pulling that feat. Its a nice feat but she appears to be disoriented.
Who does one block a blast bigger than one's entire body with just bracers? From the Skyfather ares no less. And of course she's in pain. She had to use her strength to guide the infinite amount of power in the right direction. Nice feat? Blocking an entire pantheon of God's power is a Nice feat?

carver9
Who does one block a blast bigger than one's entire body with just bracers? From the Skyfather ares no less. And of course she's in pain. She had to use her strength to guide the infinite amount of power in the right direction. Nice feat? Blocking an entire pantheon of God's power is a Nice feat?

Let me change that, you are right, its a great feat but that wont give her the majority over beta ray bill unless you're saying that she is going to be on the defense the entire time.

A good hit from mljonir should daze her and we all know what would happen after that.

If bill can take a crush from galactus without even having a scratch then there isnt much that wonder woman could do to him. sad

Red Hulk
If bill can take a crush from galactus without even having a scratch then there isnt much that wonder woman could do to him. sad Bill was KO'ed... and scratched up...

UKR
I don't consider WW's blocking the whole Greek pantheon's attack with her bracelets to be as impressive as some people think. IMO DC gods are overall stronger than Marvel's (given that average Marvel gods IIRC tend to be pretty weak; each pantheon only has a handful of powerful deities, while average DC gods have powers aside from just strength/durability) but not in total because of the difference in the power of the skyfathers; Odin after all has destroyed galaxies on a number of occasions and I don't see Diana (or anyone but at least another skyfather, for that matter) being able to deflect that much force. I don't believe that DC skyfathers have ever done anything approaching that level. According to what someone on this board said, Silver Age classic Odin was on the same level as Galactus and the Watchers. Gods probably vary in power between different universes. I wouldn't be surprised to find that there are fictitious settings where the local concept of gods is above the DC or Marvel ideas. So for all I know, deflecting a combined attack from a DC pantheon may be something a herald could do. Or maybe Superman, I don't know.

fangirl101
Let me change that, you are right, its a great feat but that wont give her the majority over beta ray bill unless you're saying that she is going to be on the defense the entire time.

A good hit from mljonir should daze her and we all know what would happen after that.

If bill can take a crush from galactus without even having a scratch then there isnt much that wonder woman could do to him. sad
So then how come star dust, who is considerably weaker, was able to hurt bill? You give him far too much credit. Diana's tiara would kill bim. And her lasso would imobilize him. Or her strength and skills would cause him serious injury.

fangirl101
Originally posted by UKR
I don't consider WW's blocking the whole Greek pantheon's attack with her bracelets to be as impressive as some people think. IMO DC gods are overall stronger than Marvel's (given that average Marvel gods IIRC tend to be pretty weak; each pantheon only has a handful of powerful deities, while average DC gods have powers aside from just strength/durability) but not in total because of the difference in the power of the skyfathers; Odin after all has destroyed galaxies on a number of occasions and I don't see Diana (or anyone but at least another skyfather, for that matter) being able to deflect that much force. I don't believe that DC skyfathers have ever done anything approaching that level. According to what someone on this board said, Silver Age classic Odin was on the same level as Galactus and the Watchers. Gods probably vary in power between different universes. I wouldn't be surprised to find that there are fictitious settings where the local concept of gods is above the DC or Marvel ideas. So for all I know, deflecting a combined attack from a DC pantheon may be something a herald could do. Or maybe Superman, I don't know.
The panel says that the amount of force used was destruction times infinity. It doesn't matter if you don't consider it as impressive as others, I don't consider BRB's feats as impressive as others. You see how easy that is.

fangirl101
Bill wins, WW will only have glancing blows.
How does one attain status as one of the best martial artist and mele fighters in comics and only get glancing blows?

Antiphon
The panel says that the amount of force used was destruction times infinity. It doesn't matter if you don't consider it as impressive as others, I don't consider BRB's feats as impressive as others. You see how easy that is.

Read the scan again - the force was transmuted when it hit the 3 crossed symbols. It obviously wasn't destruction times infinity at that point when Wonder Woman deflected it.

Learn 2 read.

Nestical
i think reading is above fangirl. brb ftw

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Nestical
i think reading is above fangirl. brb ftw

Well, a picture is worth a thousand words!!!! pictures are pretty, who need words when we can make up our own.

ultimatethor
Bill wins. Wonderwoman rarely fights superfast and heck tho she can fight fast she is nowhere near flash like speed so that idea shud just be forgotten. Bill can use multiple lightning bolt barrages to reduce the likelyhood of a blitz and while wondy is blocking hundreds of lightning bolts come in swinging.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Antiphon
Read the scan again - the force was transmuted when it hit the 3 crossed symbols. It obviously wasn't destruction times infinity at that point when Wonder Woman deflected it.

Learn 2 read.
Are you ok? It was a blast from the combined Greek Pantheon? Only an idiot would try and down play the feat.

fangirl101
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Bill wins. Wonderwoman rarely fights superfast and heck tho she can fight fast she is nowhere near flash like speed so that idea shud just be forgotten. Bill can use multiple lightning bolt barrages to reduce the likelyhood of a blitz and while wondy is blocking hundreds of lightning bolts come in swinging. Wonder Woman rarely fights superfast but I suppose Bill just uses multiple lightning strikes with precise control on superfast beings all of the time.

ultimatethor
Wonder Woman rarely fights superfast but I suppose Bill just uses multiple lightning strikes with precise control on superfast beings all of the time.

Bill does have the ability to reign down multiple lightning bolts. He wont have to be extremely precise because his main goa l will be to simply drench the whole battle field with lightning hence making a speedblitz extremely difficult.

fangirl101
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Bill does have the ability to reign down multiple lightning bolts. He wont have to be extremely precise because his main goa l will be to simply drench the whole battle field with lightning hence making a speedblitz extremely difficult.
You missed the point. He doesn't use multiple lightning strikes but you can bring up the fact that wonder woman rarely fights at superspeeds. But she fights at superspeeds far more often than Bill uses multiple lightning strikes. And If Diana can move fast enough to deflect thousands of FTL shards, then why wouldn't she find a few lightning bolts cake?

fascistcrusader
And there's still no proof that anyhting in that panel is FTL.

Once again, Spider-Man dodges thing coming at him from all over and moves in multiple images on one panel, so is Peter Parker a faster than liight combatant?

I'm not downplaying her feats because she's DC, I'm explaining to you that you can't use an artistic style to say something is there that isn't. Until yoiu can provide a quantifiable measure of her speed, that's just a cool looking style as it is with Spidey.

fangirl101

Once again, Spider-Man dodges thing coming at him from all over and moves in multiple images on one panel, so is Peter Parker a faster than liight combatant?

I'm not downplaying her feats because she's DC, I'm explaining to you that you can't use an artistic style to say something is there that isn't. Until yoiu can provide a quantifiable measure of her speed, that's just a cool looking style as it is with Spidey.
Spiderman does NOT block Thousands of light projects coming in from an omnidirectional patters and meeting and exceeding their speed by putting himself in the way of said blast. How does one block a laser when in another area completely? Moving faster than said laser.

fascistcrusader
Captain America has blocked lasers, but he sure as hell isn't faster than light.

Once again, don't confuse your wild speculation with a quantifiable piece of evidence.

fangirl101
Captain America has blocked lasers, but he sure as hell isn't faster than light.

Once again, don't confuse your wild speculation with a quantifiable piece of evidence.
No. Has Captain America Blocked two lasers coming simultaneously from different directions in different areas? has he? Just two. becuz in order to do that, he has to not only have ftl reflexes, but also ftl speed. To get from point a to point b. So sorry, I'm correct and you aren't.

carver9

Great post yet again. Happy Dance

fangirl101
Great post yet again. Happy Dance
And it failed. I just disproved his post. CA has never blocked two different lasers coming at him at the same time from different directions in different areas While simultaneously moving to move said laser.

ultimatethor
You missed the point. He doesn't use multiple lightning strikes but you can bring up the fact that wonder woman rarely fights at superspeeds. But she fights at superspeeds far more often than Bill uses multiple lightning strikes. And If Diana can move fast enough to deflect thousands of FTL shards, then why wouldn't she find a few lightning bolts cake?

I never said she wouldnt be able to block the lightning bolts. If she finds it easy to block the lightning bolts it doesnt matter because the whole point is she will occupied blocking them. And Beta Ray bill doesnt have even up to a a tenth of the appearances wonderwoman has. He may have used multiple lightning strikes only a few times( ive seen it twice i believe) but if u compare that to his appearances and u do the same for
wondy im sure his ratio though low as well is better.

However, i only mentioned the lightning strategy just in case anyone wanted to use a wonderwoman hits him thousands of time in a second argument.

Red Hulk

I'm not downplaying her feats because she's DC, I'm explaining to you that you can't use an artistic style to say something is there that isn't. Until yoiu can provide a quantifiable measure of her speed, that's just a cool looking style as it is with Spidey. Awesome post. thumb up

fangirl101
Awesome post. thumb up A
actually it wasn't. as proven by my protect the civilian post. It would take light speed movement and reflexes to pull off what wonder woman did.

Red Hulk
A
actually it wasn't. as proven by my protect the civilian post. It would take light speed movement and reflexes to pull off what wonder woman did. Lulz

---

Anyway, I thought it was an excellent post, but your opinion differs, that's cool.

UniOmni
I'm still loling at the top 5 MA in the DCU comment.

carver9
A
actually it wasn't. as proven by my protect the civilian post. It would take light speed movement and reflexes to pull off what wonder woman did.

There was nothing in that scan that showed anything close to light speed.

fangirl101
There was nothing in that scan that showed anything close to light speed.
except the thousands and thousands of light projectiles coming in from literally all over the universe. Imagine how fast they had to be traveling to get to that point in those few seconds. Yeah. try reading the story.

fascistcrusader
Wow, fangirl, just when I thought you wouldn't get any worse....

There aren't even close to one thousand pieces coming at her on panel, let alone many thousands. There's maybe 100 pieces there. And once more, there simply is nothing suggesting they are going faster than light. I'm sure they're not going slow, but to say they're FTL and so is WW is just plain silly. If the pieces are all over the universe as you keep saying, then there is a good possibility that those fewer than a hundred pieces would have been in the same area as her.

Now that you've had the difference explained to you multiple times now, please stop assuming that your speculations are fact. Wondy would be lucky to hit lightspeed in combat, much less many times faster than it. Artistic style is not a measure of speed, its just something that looks cool. smile

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by UniOmni
I'm still loling at the top 5 MA in the DCU comment.

If you include weapons, then yes, she probably is. She's trained in just about all known forms of h2h combat, plus Amazonian, and is proficient with most weapons. Batman said she was the greatest melee fighter in the world and she's supposed to be the greatest warrior in the DCU (their title, not mine). I assume she'd be up there.

fangirl101

There aren't even close to one thousand pieces coming at her on panel, let alone many thousands. There's maybe 100 pieces there. And once more, there simply is nothing suggesting they are going faster than light. I'm sure they're not going slow, but to say they're FTL and so is WW is just plain silly. If the pieces are all over the universe as you keep saying, then there is a good possibility that those fewer than a hundred pieces would have been in the same area as her.

Now that you've had the difference explained to you multiple times now, please stop assuming that your speculations are fact. Wondy would be lucky to hit lightspeed in combat, much less many times faster than it. Artistic style is not a measure of speed, its just something that looks cool. smile
If you'd read the damned story, you would know that She only had a few seconds. the shattered God was pulling himself from all over the universe. The pieces i guess in your mind were only traveling at the speed of sound and we could wait for wonder Woman 1 billion before they all reached the shattered god's epicenter. Try again please.

The Great Galen
If you include weapons, then yes, she probably is. She's trained in just about all known forms of h2h combat, plus Amazonian, and is proficient with most weapons. Batman said she was the greatest melee fighter in the world and she's supposed to be the greatest warrior in the DCU (their title, not mine). I assume she'd be up there.

Someone like KK or even Orion would strike me as being more uber h2h wise.

Red Hulk

Now that you've had the difference explained to you multiple times now, please stop assuming that your speculations are fact. Wondy would be lucky to hit lightspeed in combat, much less many times faster than it. Artistic style is not a measure of speed, its just something that looks cool. smile Wow! Good post. thumb up

UKR
Wonder Woman is not faster than light. Fangirl's name describes herself perfectly.

fangirl101
Originally posted by UKR
Wonder Woman is not faster than light. Fangirl's name describes herself perfectly.
Then just how did she breach the Speed Force on her own? Hmm? how did she deflect all those light shards from the shattered God? She certainly has FTL reflexes easily.

fangirl101
Wow! Good post. thumb up
Only a simple minded person would think that the Shattered God only had a hundred pieces of himself scattered Across the Universe. Then it would be even more simple to think that he wasn't pulling himself back together at far greater than C. It would take thousands of years to pull himself back together at C. Also, let's just say it were only 100 pieces of him like some suggest. These are sentient parts of him that would repeatedly keep coming back again and again. So it really wasn't a good post. It wasn't well thought out. It wasn't anything really.

fascistcrusader
Fangirl, have you ever considered not posting the same tired and defeated argument in a thread until its close? You're not even worth debating with, you've made it clear time and time again that no matter what logic and evidence say, your opinion is fact.

Endrict Nuul
Fangirl, have you ever considered not posting the same tired and defeated argument in a thread until its close? You're not even worth debating with, you've made it clear time and time again that no matter what logic and evidence say, your opinion is fact.

And so damn ignorant, thats why shes/hes on my ignore list.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
And so damn ignorant, thats why shes/hes on my ignore list.
You act as if me being on your ignore list is in any way shape or form, hurting me.

fangirl101
And have you ever read the story? No. What you are saying is that he wasn't pulling himself back together are far greater than C. In the beginning of the FREAKING Story he is shown, starting to pull himself back together from around the universe. How does one pull an infinite amount of shards back together at the speed of sound. Because that's basically what you are saying. Instead of you arguing tha ti"m wrong, how about you argue that you are correct. Give a plausible theory as to way he could pull himself from the farthest corners of the universe at far less than C. Ready set go.

Newjak
And have you ever read the story? No. What you are saying is that he wasn't pulling himself back together are far greater than C. In the beginning of the FREAKING Story he is shown, starting to pull himself back together from around the universe. How does one pull an infinite amount of shards back together at the speed of sound. Because that's basically what you are saying. Instead of you arguing tha ti"m wrong, how about you argue that you are correct. Give a plausible theory as to way he could pull himself from the farthest corners of the universe at far less than C. Ready set go. Or you know you could look at the fact it is a comic book, and writers don't always look at teh total context of a feat before writing it.

You know how many characters would have far better reflexes then what they actually do if you take some random exotic feat and broke it down to far.

I can remember Quicksilver literally removing all the pins from an angry mob without them even knowing he did it. We are talking a huge, huge mob. Quicksilver literally searched everybody, and removed the pins without a trace of him doing so.

Does that mean Quicksilver is now a lightspeeder capable of moving and reacting at multiples the speed of light?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Newjak
Or you know you could look at the fact it is a comic book, and writers don't always look at teh total context of a feat before writing it.

You know how many characters would have far better reflexes then what they actually do if you take some random exotic feat and broke it down to far.

I can remember Quicksilver literally removing all the pins from an angry mob without them even knowing he did it. We are talking a huge, huge mob. Quicksilver literally searched everybody, and removed the pins without a trace of him doing so.

Does that mean Quicksilver is now a lightspeeder capable of moving and reacting at multiples the speed of light?
I dont' want to hear that BS. really. Thor lifted the midgard serpent and is automatically given an uber strength feat. The weight of the snake is never mentioned.

Superman flew from vega to earth in minutes. The speed is never mentioned. It's still a feat.

But when it comes to wonder woman, she has to have the quantifiable listed?

Well I want a quantifiable measure of energy listed everytime the surfer does something uber.

And an exotic feat would be something far outside of the character's abilities. Tell me, what is the range of speed and reflexes that Wondy caps at?

DarkOdin
I dont' want to hear that BS. really. Thor lifted the midgard serpent and is automatically given an uber strength feat. The weight of the snake is never mentioned.

Superman flew from vega to earth in minutes. The speed is never mentioned. It's still a feat.

But when it comes to wonder woman, she has to have the quantifiable listed?

Well I want a quantifiable measure of energy listed everytime the surfer does something uber.

And an exotic feat would be something far outside of the character's abilities. Tell me, what is the range of speed and reflexes that Wondy caps at?

So since they don't list the weight of the serphant then i guess since they don't list how fast the bits of light were traveling it doesn't hold water i guess.

You can't dismiss one feat for the same reason another works.

You just trtolling then.

fangirl101
Originally posted by DarkOdin
So since they don't list the weight of the serphant then i guess since they don't list how fast the bits of light were traveling it doesn't hold water i guess.

You can't dismiss one feat for the same reason another works.

You just trtolling then.
You missed the point didn't you. One can look at the serpent and tell that it was huge and causing gravitational rifts. So we know that it was very heavy. Likely around a quarter of the earth's weight.

One can look at Wondy's scan and see that she is reflecting light particles being pulled from around the universe. The only way that can happen is if they are moving faster than C.

I didnt' dismiss either. On the contrary, I gave examples of this board's double standard. next time, pay attention.

DarkOdin
You missed the point didn't you. One can look at the serpent and tell that it was huge and causing gravitational rifts. So we know that it was very heavy. Likely around a quarter of the earth's weight.

One can look at Wondy's scan and see that she is reflecting light particles being pulled from around the universe. The only way that can happen is if they are moving faster than C.

I didnt' dismiss either. On the contrary, I gave examples of this board's double standard. next time, pay attention.

It is simple math

Thor weighs 640pds. at 6.6

Well will round down to 100pds per foot.

The midgarud sepherent is long enough to touch it tail around earth.

earth is 7926miles around.

5280 feet per mile.

Thats would make it 41849280 feet long.

it fight thor it is mount no probelm and is much wider then thor so this makes him heavy per foot then thor but we will use thor as a base model for weight.

Which means it should way more.

so it is 48149280 feet time 100 pounds.

thats 4814928000 pouns which divided by 2000 which is equal to one ton

makes thor lifting 2092464 tons.

You can't compare the too feets at all.

KNow if they gave you how mnay shards she block and how fast each shard was moving then you could you are playing devil's advocate

fangirl101
It is simple math

Thor weighs 640pds. at 6.6

Well will round down to 100pds per foot.

The midgarud sepherent is long enough to touch it tail around earth.

earth is 7926miles around.

5280 feet per mile.

Thats would make it 41849280 feet long.

it fight thor it is mount no probelm and is much wider then thor so this makes him heavy per foot then thor but we will use thor as a base model for weight.

Which means it should way more.

so it is 48149280 feet time 100 pounds.

thats 4814928000 pouns which divided by 2000 which is equal to one ton

makes thor lifting 2092464 tons.

You can't compare the too feets at all.

KNow if they gave you how mnay shards she block and how fast each shard was moving then you could you are playing devil's advocate

well, He was scattered around the universe. I'd wager it was thousands at the bare minimum.

DarkOdin
well, He was scattered around the universe. I'd wager it was thousands at the bare minimum.

It is definty a speed feet for sure but it is hard to say how fast.

I not down playing the spped feet but faster then light moving like that she should whoop on supes everyday of the week.

fangirl101
It is definty a speed feet for sure but it is hard to say how fast.

I not down playing the spped feet but faster then light moving like that she should whoop on supes everyday of the week.
She's never fought Superman for real. And He's never fought her for real. And Superman can move far far far faster than light.

DarkOdin
She's never fought Superman for real. And He's never fought her for real. And Superman can move far far far faster than light.

Ya but is we go by this feet WW> in speed then supes.

I think it is more of a feet FTL relexes then combat speed.

fangirl101
Ya but is we go by this feet WW> in speed then supes.

I think it is more of a feet FTL relexes then combat speed. Her reflexes definitely play a part. But It's her speed, she actually has to move herself in front of the light because of the many directions that it's coming from.

DarkOdin
Her reflexes definitely play a part. But It's her speed, she actually has to move herself in front of the light because of the many directions that it's coming from.

Very true but not much of a combat feet now the feet were you should her punch that guy sa number of times that was a nice impressive feet for her. combat wise.

Could should run around a personal like that a fihgt sure but she hasn't show that in combat she is more of a head to head brawler more like supes.

fangirl101
Very true but not much of a combat feet now the feet were you should her punch that guy sa number of times that was a nice impressive feet for her. combat wise.

Could should run around a personal like that a fihgt sure but she hasn't show that in combat she is more of a head to head brawler more like supes.
I think it's within her and Superman's abilities to fight like that. I don't think they do that for fear of killing someone.

check the speed section on this page.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t495714.html

DarkOdin
I think it's within her and Superman's abilities to fight like that. I don't think they do that for fear of killing someone.

check the speed section on this page.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t495714.html

Does are some nice showing.

i think the problems lies within d/c and marvel writers.

Wonder women imo you be a top tier hero in d/c but she seems to get writen off as a 2nd rank hero when other heros get involved.

anytime supes gets mixed up in the thing. WW gets downplayed.

fangirl101
Does are some nice showing.

i think the problems lies within d/c and marvel writers.

Wonder women imo you be a top tier hero in d/c but she seems to get writen off as a 2nd rank hero when other heros get involved.

anytime supes gets mixed up in the thing. WW gets downplayed.
everyone gets down played when Superman gets mixed into things. It's a big problem that DC has.

The Great Galen
everyone gets down played when Superman gets mixed into things. It's a big problem that DC has.

I don't really think WW gets downplayed at all, she might be one of the few characters isn't effect by Supes aura. If anything Supes is constantly downplayed to allow the weaker DC characters to shine.

fangirl101
I don't really think WW gets downplayed at all, she might be one of the few characters isn't effect by Supes aura. If anything Supes is constantly downplayed to allow the weaker DC characters to shine.
Epic no.

The Great Galen
If Supes was written in peak form every comic, there would be no need for the JLA to say the least. Considering that WW is constantly portrayed as being able to compete agaisnt him....I dont think is even remotly downplayed at all. On the other hand, Supes is always underminded otherwise no lesser DC hero's won't be able to shine.

fangirl101
If Supes was written in peak form every comic, there would be no need for the JLA to say the least. Considering that WW is constantly portrayed as being able to compete agaisnt him....I dont think is even remotly downplayed at all. On the other hand, Supes is always underminded otherwise no lesser DC hero's won't be able to shine.
Um. No. Unless you think Superman can replicate Wondy's skill set. Or Flashes. Or Batman's prep. Or Firestorm Matter manip and energy manip. Or GL"s infinite ability to create. Superman got his has handed to him by a quantum. It was Kyle who helped recreate the heaven's ladder. It was MM who mind linked everyone. Superman isn't a one man JLA by any means.

The Great Galen
Um. No. Unless you think Superman can replicate Wondy's skill set. Or Flashes. Or Batman's prep. Or Firestorm Matter manip and energy manip. Or GL"s infinite ability to create. Superman got his has handed to him by a quantum. It was Kyle who helped recreate the heaven's ladder. It was MM who mind linked everyone. Superman isn't a one man JLA by any means.

Oh really, so you don't think he underminded the least bit even considering he is physically stronger/faster/durable then everyone you just mentioned. If supes stopped getting written in a way to lower himself on the rest of his teams level, we would be back in the PC days which IMO is how supes should be operating at. This character can easily make a transition to skyfather if DC stopped holding him down with chains. The JLA are only viable because Supes is written down to be peers with them as opposed to there superior which he is.

fangirl101
Oh really, so you don't think he underminded the least bit even considering he is physically stronger/faster/durable then everyone you just mentioned. If supes stopped getting written in a way to lower himself on the rest of his teams level, we would be back in the PC days which IMO is how supes should be operating at. This character can easily make a transition to skyfather if DC stopped holding him down with chains. The JLA are only viable because Supes is written down to be peers with them as opposed to there superior which he is.
How about they are his peers. At least some of them. If Superman were PC levels then who would he fight? He'd be a boring characacter like the surfer is. No one wants to read about a hero who is impossible to beat. Where's the suspence? And Stronger is one thing. even durable. But faster? That flash? he would still lose to a prepared firestorm.

fascistcrusader
Galen has a point here. Even as a kid I always wondered what the point of the Superfriends was, seeing as how Superman is stronger and faster than anyone else on the team, and logically should be able to function as well as the rest of them working together.

Bentley
He'd be a boring characacter like the surfer is

Hehe.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>