Jack Hawksmoor vs Storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
In Toulouse:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toulouse

Storm starts fighting in the air. Who wins?

kgkg
Originally posted by Bentley
In Toulouse:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toulouse

Storm starts fighting in the air. Who wins? If it was New York city Jack would win for sure now i have to think about it.

ok

am going with Jack unless storm has the power to destroy most of the city.(and i don't know if her morals will let her do such things)

So Jack FTW

Doctor-Alvis
I'm not sure. A single hit from Jack would end Storm, but Storm can fly and large projectiles would easily be deflected.

On the other hand, a small fast one could sneak by as Storm, nor anyone, is not infallible, but it would have to sneak.

Jack in suit form would be harder to sway but I think he still would, a bit, making it hard to hit her.

Yet in either form I can't help but wonder about all the loose material that can be pulled off the city and what would happen if it was sandblasted back. Would he reabsorb the material or would it be like getting torn apart by your own body hair? This is assuming Storm either discovers or knows about Jack's tie to the city or just goes at it because Jack's diving into it like Scrooge McDuck into a pile of gold coins.

I know Jack can manipulate the city but has he held things down before to maintain his mass?

I give the odds to Storm if this scenario can happen. Otherwise, weather is not known to cause a lot of penetrating damage.

Side note: Since I'm defending Storm, should I have been more annoying about it?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Side note: Since I'm defending Storm, should I have been more annoying about it?

Clearly.

no expression

Toulouse is apparently the 4th largest city in France, with over a million people living there. A fairly sizable playground for Jack. I'd give him odds, especially since his upper limit for power is higher, but I'm not dead-set on saying he has the win here. Storm would have to be creative, and I'm not quite sure what an electrical surge would do to him, even while merged with the city. It may be debilitating enough to put him down, or at least harm him. But to actually kill him she'd need to take out a large chunk of the city itself, since his healing is ridiculous in urban centers.

Doctor-Alvis
I might be behind/dusty on my Jack Hawksmoor as I vaguely recall reading either the carrier was large enough to maintain him at full power or New York was large enough to maintain him at full power.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I might be behind/dusty on my Jack Hawksmoor as I vaguely recall reading either the carrier was large enough to maintain him at full power or New York was large enough to maintain him at full power.

I don't know if it mentions "full power" since technically his full power would increase with city size. But the Carrier is city-like enough to sustain him, which is basically their plot device answer for him being able to live there without dying. I may be wrong, but other than mentioning that he can live comfortably there, I don't recall the line.

But he's worn a city as armor twice now, and recently at that, so it's reasonable to say Storm would be fighting the entire city in mountain-sized mech form.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I don't know if it mentions "full power" since technically his full power would increase with city size. But the Carrier is city-like enough to sustain him, which is basically their plot device answer for him being able to live there without dying. I may be wrong, but other than mentioning that he can live comfortably there, I don't recall the line.
That's probably what I was thinking of.

Bentley
Toulouse is a lot smaller than cities in America though, Buenos Aires or even Mendoza is larger than Toulouse is. Keep in mind that french cities are still less big than other cities even in Europe, even Paris is a lot less than say Berlin, despite being a capital.

Its still enough as a city to have Hawksmoor use his powers, but I wanted it to be a reasonably petite city, so he has to fight more for his food.

shiv
Meh. Storm wins with some Katrina Action.

Philosophía
Jack.

fangirl101
Originally posted by shiv
Meh. Storm wins with some Katrina Action.

Starscream M
Storm wins via massive tornados and lightning attacks

id369
Storm wins because she can atomize matter with her windz.

fangirl101
Originally posted by id369
Storm wins because she can atomize matter with her windz.

confused laughing Happy Dance

Starscream M
Originally posted by id369
Storm wins because she can atomize matter with her windz. you give storm a bad name

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by Starscream M
you give storm a bad name

You give love a bad name.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
You give love a bad name. You give bada a bad name.

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by Starscream M
You give bada a bad name.

Bada already is a pretty bad name.

HandOfFate
Originally posted by kgkg
am going with Jack unless storm has the power to destroy most of the city.(and i don't know if her morals will let her do such things)

If the city is empty, then Storm could destroy the city.

Intersting fight.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by HandOfFate
If the city is empty, then Storm could destroy the city.

Intersting fight.

Yes but it would be fighting her as a mech, would be self-healing, and pissed. It's not beyond her power, but destroying a city isn't the same as destroying a city-sized foe.

But yes, interesting fight.

Soljer
Lightningz in da brain.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.