Shao Kahn vs. Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Hand to hand fight. No weapons.

Fight is in Hell

Who would win?

Dark-Jaxx
Kratos uses his far superior strength, durability, and maybe even speed to rip him to pieces.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Kratos uses his far superior strength, durability, and maybe even speed to rip him to pieces.

Exactly.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Kratos

k1Lla441
kratos gives him his hammer, armor, and all his powers, and still rips his head off.

Snafu the Great
Err...I did this one already.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=450197&highlight=shao+kahn+kratos

First_Tsurugi06
^Which was made using present-tense story-writing though. That is like, SO tacky!

Sado22
laughing out loud

Zack Fair
Shao Kahn verbally abuses Kratos until the later runs back crying to his mama.

Sado22
laughing

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Shao Kahn verbally abuses Kratos until the later runs back crying to his mama. Because it worked so well when Ares did it.

First_Tsurugi06
^ rolling on floor laughing

Zack Fair
Ares cannot compete. We all know a football dash/tackle combined with "You Weak Pathetic fool!" is beyond multiversal. Kratos does not stand a chance.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Ares cannot compete. We all know a football dash/tackle combined with "You Weak Pathetic fool!" is beyond multiversal. Kratos does not stand a chance. Won't work, since Kahn is not physically able to tackle Kratos. smile

Zack Fair
Prove it 131

First_Tsurugi06
^Ten to fifreen minutes into God of War II shows what happens when something tries to do something of the sort to Kratos.

SmashBro
Can Kratos survive getting his soul taken?

KN7JL3
Originally posted by SmashBro
Can Kratos survive getting his soul taken? Nowadays I don't think Kratos could fall to anyone.

It won't be until someone revives the KOS-MOS versus Kratos that Kratos won't seem like the best. At the same time, I am not claiming anyone is overrating Kratos. It's just the current impression I have.

Ridley_Prime
lolz wut about Dark Khan guyz?! dur

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by SmashBro
Can Kratos survive getting his soul taken? When he said H2H fight I assumed it meant no powers.

You want to include powers, Kratos turns Kahn to stone.

Nemesis X
No magic allowed in this fight.

Dark-Jaxx
K.

Kratos for the easy win then.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by NemeBro
When he said H2H fight I assumed it meant no powers.

You want to include powers, Kratos turns Kahn to stone.

I doubt turning Kahn into stone would stop him anyway, since he did get turned into stone before and survived.

But if this is hand-to-hand against a regular Shao Kahn, I guess Kratos win but if this is against "pre-crisis Shao Kahn" (the one who won Armageddon), I doubt Kratos could do anything to beat him.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
I doubt Kratos could do anything to beat him.

Does turning him into a smear on the ground count as beating him?

Bro SMASH
If he can actually do it, which I doubt. Shao Kahn is pretty much unbeateable now that he's won Armageddon.

FinalAnswer
Yeah

Having no feats does make him pretty damn strong.

TheAuraAngel
Frieza was also supposed to be "Unbeatable" and "The most powerful fighter in the Universe." Flowery descriptions don't mean anything. One needs proof. And right now we have a Kratos who is Ridiculously Strong and is a lightning timer to boot.

Feats for Shao Kahn?

Bro SMASH
So the fact that nobody, not even the Elder Gods, is able to stop Shao Kahn after he's merged all the realms (yes, ALL of them) doesn't mean ANYTHING to you?

TheAuraAngel
It means about as much to me as nobody, not even the Olympian Gods or the Titans, seems to be able to put Kratos down for any extended period of time.

So no, it doesn't mean ANYTHING. Though how this is done does interest me. Was it a spell or TK or what? Since this is a normal fight with no weapons or magic or stuff, he would have to physically merge those realms together for it to matter one bit to me.

TheGoldenSpy
You know Kratos has killed plenty of gods aswell right? Look at how powerful Poseidon was and he beat him to death within the first 30 minutes.

Now that I think of it , Kratos was kind of a dick to Poseidon. Brutally Beat him to death, killed his wife, his pet, sunk his entire city, what did Bro-seidon ever do to him? Oh that's right, he gave him a kickass magic attack.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
It means about as much to me as nobody, not even the Olympian Gods or the Titans, seems to be able to put Kratos down for any extended period of time.

So no, it doesn't mean ANYTHING. Though how this is done does interest me. Was it a spell or TK or what? Since this is a normal fight with no weapons or magic or stuff, he would have to physically merge those realms together for it to matter one bit to me.

I don't see how that doesn't mean anything to you, seeing that the Elder Gods are supreme dieties of the universe and have power over all realms.

Also, he has an ability that allows him to merge realms, which would increase his strength.

TheAuraAngel
I don't see how that doesn't mean anything to you, seeing that the Elder Gods are supreme dieties of the universe and have power over all realms.

Also, he has an ability that allows him to merge realms, which would increase his strength.

And that makes them different from all the cool guys and gals of Greek Mythology? I honestly don't care about the title "God" in these debates. The Supreme Kai is arguably "God" and has power to do cool shit. Doesn't mean he amounts to much without feats backing him.

Is it a spell that merges the realms? How does it increase his strength? Show me it increasing his strength.

Bro SMASH
And that makes them different from all the cool guys and gals of Greek Mythology? I honestly don't care about the title "God" in these debates. The Supreme Kai is arguably "God" and has power to do cool shit. Doesn't mean he amounts to much without feats backing him.

Is it a spell that merges the realms? How does it increase his strength? Show me it increasing his strength.

Except the Supreme Kai isn't omnipotent like the One Being, whom the Elder Gods defeated. Shao Kahn is now beyond them.

Also, like I said, it's just an ability he happens to have and it's been stated in the official comic book that he gets stronger as he merges each realm.

TheAuraAngel
Except the Supreme Kai isn't omnipotent like the One Being, whom the Elder Gods defeated. Shao Kahn is now beyond them.

Also, like I said, it's just an ability he happens to have and it's been stated in the official comic book that he gets stronger as he merges each realm.

Has he shown himself to be omnipotent by doing things that support it? Or is it just the word "omnipotent" thrown in there just like the word "ubeatable"? Show me things, don't tell me things.

2 things:

Does he merge the realms with magic?

How strong does it actually make him?

Feats please.

FinalAnswer

The Elder Gods weakened The One Being's omnipotence with the Kamidogu though smile

No, rly, if you're claiming that Shao Kahn is omnipotent, that's kinda hilarious.

FinalAnswer
haermm

TEN FOLD? WAT?

NemeBro
Omnipotence cannot be defeated. Period.

The One Being therefore is not omnipotent.

Bro SMASH
Has he shown himself to be omnipotent by doing things that support it? Or is it just the word "omnipotent" thrown in there just like the word "ubeatable"? Show me things, don't tell me things.

2 things:

Does he merge the realms with magic?

How strong does it actually make him?

Feats please.

Do you mean the One Being or Shao Kahn? If you mean the One Being, he's existence itself. He's the reason the realms exist.

If you mean Shao Kahn, nobody has opposed him, which is obviously due to the fact that he's got control over all realms. Not even the Elder Gods (the powerful beings of existence) have opposed him.

I don't know how any much more clear you want me to be. It's not that hard to understand, unless you just simply don't believe me.

FinalAnswer
Do you mean the One Being or Shao Kahn? If you mean the One Being, he's existence itself. He's the reason the realms exist.

If you mean Shao Kahn, nobody has opposed him, which is obviously due to the fact that he's got control over all realms. Not even the Elder Gods (the powerful beings of existence) have opposed him.

I don't know how any much more clear you want me to be. It's not that hard to understand, unless you just simply don't believe me.

Prove the Elder Gods are omnipotent plz.

TheAuraAngel

Here, I'll make it simple: What is the heaviest thing Shao Kahn has ever lifted? Or somebody who has shown themselves to have been physically strong that he's overpowered. Give me something to think he can match Kratos in terms of strength and speed and I'll run with it.

TheGoldenSpy

The One Being therefore is not omnipotent.

It could be defeated if the Omnipotent entity wanted to lose.

NemeBro
Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
It could be defeated if the Omnipotent entity wanted to lose. That is not being defeated. And it is not a feat for anyone then.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
The Elder Gods weakened The One Being's omnipotence with the Kamidogu though smile

No, rly, if you're claiming that Shao Kahn is omnipotent, that's kinda hilarious.

Not really, since they have yet to do that to Shao Kahn himself.

TheAuraAngel
It could be defeated if the Omnipotent entity wanted to lose.

Oh My God! laughing

TheGoldenSpy
That is not being defeated. And it is not a feat for anyone then.

Sure it is. If anything is omnipotent then it should be able to take away it's own omnipotence and make itself vulnerable to whatever for who knows what reason.

It would be a feat to the omnipotent guy.

Bro SMASH
Here, I'll make it simple: What is the heaviest thing Shao Kahn has ever lifted? Or somebody who has shown themselves to have been physically strong that he's overpowered. Give me something to think he can match Kratos in terms of strength and speed and I'll run with it.

Dude, all of that really doesn't matter if Shao Kahn is beyond the gods (who can't really die). There's really no way he can be beaten now.

FinalAnswer
Dude, all of that really doesn't matter if Shao Kahn is beyond the gods (who can't really die). There's really no way he can be beaten now.

So Shao Kahn, by becoming 10x stronger, became stronger then the Elder Gods? Even though he was laughably weak before?

Wow, those are some pretty pathetic Elder Gods.

TheAuraAngel

....You do realize that in The God of War series, Kratos kills quite a few gods. And with Zeus, he did end up killing him with his bare hands. Bare hands on fire with the POWER OF HOPE! Bare hands that he has here in this thread.

So since HOPE! can kill Gods and Kratos has HOPE!, he shouldn't have any problem.

NemeBro
Sure it is. If anything is omnipotent then it should be able to take away it's own omnipotence and make itself vulnerable to whatever for who knows what reason.

It would be a feat to the omnipotent guy. Omnipotents don't need feats like that. That's something someone far beyond omnipotent could be capable of.

Bro SMASH
He only became 10x more stronger after he beat Blaze. He then merged the realms, which made him even MORE stronger.

Also, the full extent of his strength has never been shown or stated but he is at least above human strength (as shown in MKA intro). Now that he's merged all the realms, he may have unlimited strength now. He's currently the strongest in the previous MK universe.

NemeBro
Is Shao Kahn's Armageddon ending canon now or something?

Bro SMASH
Yeah, it was stated that he won Armageddon.

Ridley_Prime
When did Kahn survive getting turned to stone? Show me. And if Kratos does turn him to stone, what exactly is to keep him from shattering Kahn's stone body to pieces?

As for the realms, there's like, what? Six to ten canon ones in the MKverse? Even if merging other realms with Outworld makes Kahn stronger somehow, it hasn't been specified as far as how much, so how stronger he becomes from the realm merges is left only to speculation really, and I doubt merging all the known realms (which there aren't too many in the series to begin with) was enough to make him omnipotent and all that jazz, especially since Blaze only made him 10 times stronger.

And the Elder Gods, from what I've seen, could pretty much care less about the condition of the realms or who happens to rule them, as long as the fabric of reality and such still exists. The gods don't act against an individual themselves either unless that individual's a threat to their entire existence, or is a traitor amongst them (like Shinnok). Them not doing anything about Kahn's supposed victory in Armageddon simply tells me that he's still not enough of a threat to them for them to want to actually make a move against him. If the opposite is true, in that he did become enough of a threat, then the gods likely would've started ****ing Kahn up with the Kamidogu or something like they did to the One Being, who was originally more powerful than they.

Bro SMASH
In both MK2 and MKSM, Shao Kahn is turned into stone and breaks into pieces. Of course, his appearance in MK3 shows that that apparently isn't enough to kill him.

Really, all Shao Kahn needed was one more realm to become a god. Seeing that he merged more than one, he's obviously accomplished that now.

Shao Kahn is definitely a threat to existence itself, thus, this would be the perfect opportunity for the Elder Gods to step in anyway. If there's any chance of overthrowing Shao Kahn, I'm sure everybody (including the Elder Gods), would do it but as it seems, Shao Kahn has got the whole universe at his mercy.

TheAuraAngel
Kratos used Hope Punch!

It's Super Effective!

Bro SMASH
....You do realize that in The God of War series, Kratos kills quite a few gods. And with Zeus, he did end up killing him with his bare hands. Bare hands on fire with the POWER OF HOPE! Bare hands that he has here in this thread.

So since HOPE! can kill Gods and Kratos has HOPE!, he shouldn't have any problem.

So you're saying Kratos can accomplish something that beings like the Elder Gods (who stopped an omnipotent being like the One Being) can't?

Oh and before anyone say "Omnipotent can't be defeated", the key word is defeated. Now if you mean "kill", well absolutely NO WAY.

TheAuraAngel
So you're saying Kratos can accomplish something that beings like the Elder Gods (who stopped an omnipotent being like the One Being) can't?

Oh and before anyone say "Omnipotent can't be defeated", the key word is defeated. Now if you mean "kill", well absolutely NO WAY.

You keep saying Elder Gods like that means anything to me. They don't. The Elder Gods are nothing to me. You haven't proven to me that they can do....anything. You've told me that they took done someone omnipotent but whoop dee shit. I'm sure to the Greeks, all their Gods were omnipotent in some form.

Now....what did the One Being do? What have the Elder Gods done? And finally, what has Shao Kahn does? Feats, I desire them. Kratos has overpowered insanely strong opponents, like Hercules, who he beat down with his own weapons for giggles. These are examples of feats.

Ridley_Prime
In both MK2 and MKSM, Shao Kahn is turned into stone and breaks into pieces. Of course, his appearance in MK3 shows that that apparently isn't enough to kill him.

Really, all Shao Kahn needed was one more realm to become a god. Seeing that he merged more than one, he's obviously accomplished that now.

Shao Kahn is definitely a threat to existence itself, thus, this would be the perfect opportunity for the Elder Gods to step in anyway. If there's any chance of overthrowing Shao Kahn, I'm sure everybody (including the Elder Gods), would do it but as it seems, Shao Kahn has got the whole universe at his mercy.
MKSM isn't canon, and that's just one of those little death animations that many video game bosses make when defeated. If Kratos turns Kahn to stone and smashes his body to pieces, then it automatically counts as a loss for Kahn, even if he's able to come back sometime later like he did in MK3, which probably wouldn't be for a long time after Kratos is through with him.

I suppose, but I don't see how him becoming a god would automatically put him above all the Elder Gods in power, or let alone the One Being. He'd be at or around the EG's level of power at most, like Shinnok once was, but we know what the rest of the elder gods did to him.

Haven't seen (or couldn't find rather) where Shao Kahn's MKA ending is stated to be the canon one, but how is that even so? Did they simply just all of a sudden retcon Taven's battle and victory over Blaze in the konquest mode of MK Armageddon, as well as Kahn being carried away by Onaga in the game's intro?

Bro SMASH
You keep saying Elder Gods like that means anything to me. They don't. The Elder Gods are nothing to me. You haven't proven to me that they can do....anything. You've told me that they took done someone omnipotent but whoop dee shit. I'm sure to the Greeks, all their Gods were omnipotent in some form.

Now....what did the One Being do? What have the Elder Gods done? And finally, what has Shao Kahn does? Feats, I desire them. Kratos has overpowered insanely strong opponents, like Hercules, who he beat down with his own weapons for giggles. These are examples of feats.

Taking down an omnipotent being is a feat itself and you think that's nothing? no expression And dude, in almost any form of fiction, Gods are omnipotent to the people, as they're portrayed as far beyond anything (in terms of being powerful). This kind of somewhat holds true to the MK universe too, except you got Elder Gods (who are above the regular Gods), then the One Being, who is basically reality itself.

Now if you want to know what the Elder Gods are in power, they don't personally interfere with what goes on in the other realms, unless it's a threat to their, in which they chooses a champion for them and amp them up with to beat the threat. As shown in Raiden's MK1 ending (though non-canon), it seems the Gods fighting on Earth would eventually destroy it after years of fighting. Shinnok was one of the of the Elder Gods centuries ago and during his fight with Raiden (a regular God), they nearly do destroy the planet.

Right now, Shao Kahn is ruler of all realms, possibly the Heavens too. They've all merged into Outworld, with nobody able to stop him.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
MKSM isn't canon, and that's just one of those little death animations that many video game bosses make when defeated. If Kratos turns Kahn to stone and smashes his body to pieces, then it automatically counts as a loss for Kahn, even if he's able to come back sometime later like he did in MK3, which probably wouldn't be for a long time after Kratos is through with him.

I suppose, but I don't see how him becoming a god would automatically put him above all the Elder Gods in power, or let alone the One Being. He'd be at or around the EG's level of power at most, like Shinnok once was, but we know what the rest of the elder gods did to him.

Haven't seen (or couldn't find rather) where Shao Kahn's MKA ending is stated to be the canon one, but how is that even so? Did they simply just all of a sudden retcon Taven's battle and victory over Blaze in the konquest mode of MK Armageddon, as well as Kahn being carried away by Onaga in the game's intro?

Yeah, it's possible he won't come back immediately. I was just throwing that in there.

If the One Being is reality, then Shao Kahn's got that reality under his control, due to the fact that he's got all realms merged into this own.

It's been a while since I play MKA but I don't think you actually fight Blaze in Konquest. The events of Konquest just simply leads up to the battle that happens in the intro.

NemeBro
The One Being is not omnipotent. Stop using that word.

TheAuraAngel
Taking down an omnipotent being is a feat itself and you think that's nothing? no expression And dude, in almost any form of fiction, Gods are omnipotent to the people, as they're portrayed as far beyond anything (in terms of being powerful). This kind of somewhat holds true to the MK universe too, except you got Elder Gods (who are above the regular Gods), then the One Being, who is basically reality itself.

Now if you want to know what the Elder Gods are in power, they don't personally interfere with what goes on in the other realms, unless it's a threat to their, in which they chooses a champion for them and amp them up with to beat the threat. As shown in Raiden's MK1 ending (though non-canon), it seems the Gods fighting on Earth would eventually destroy it after years of fighting. Shinnok was one of the of the Elder Gods centuries ago and during his fight with Raiden (a regular God), they nearly do destroy the planet.

Right now, Shao Kahn is ruler of all realms, possibly the Heavens too. They've all merged into Outworld, with nobody able to stop him.

Exactly. It means nothing to me because I'll I'm hearing is the word omnipotent from you and not giving me anything to back it up. So what if the One Being is reality? What can he do in a fight? And more importantly, how does this relate to Shao Kahn?

So, they're cowards with no feats to them whatsoever? Good to know. You're getting closer with the fight between those two Gods that destroyed the planet. Elaborate on that and it may mean a damn to me.

NemeBro
You know, nowhere in Kahn's Armageddon ending are the Elder Gods even mentioned.

Why are we using their power as if it means anything when talking about Shao Kahn?

Ridley_Prime
The "Heavens" is where the Elder Gods reside right? It's pretty questionable as to whether or not Kahn's realm mergings actually affected them there.

Yeah, it's possible he won't come back immediately. I was just throwing that in there.

If the One Being is reality, then Shao Kahn's got that reality under his control, due to the fact that he's got all realms merged into this own.

It's been a while since I play MKA but I don't think you actually fight Blaze in Konquest. The events of Konquest just simply leads up to the battle that happens in the intro.
If we're talking about the same game here, then yes. You do face Blaze in MKA's Konquest. He challenges Taven and they fight.

ZtUlgVWI6Sg

With that part in mind (and the fact Onaga picked up Kahn and flew him away from Blaze's location in the game's intro), there's technically no way Kahn would've been able to get to the top of the pyramid before all the others that were trying to do so and defeated Blaze himself, especially when the game's story mode claimed that Taven did so, unless they did some massive retconning to the game in Shao Kahn's favor like I mentioned before, in which case, boo.

Bro SMASH
The One Being is not omnipotent. Stop using that word.

I won't stop using that word, because that's what he is.

Exactly. It means nothing to me because I'll I'm hearing is the word omnipotent from you and not giving me anything to back it up. So what if the One Being is reality? What can he do in a fight? And more importantly, how does this relate to Shao Kahn?

So, they're cowards with no feats to them whatsoever? Good to know. You're getting closer with the fight between those two Gods that destroyed the planet. Elaborate on that and it may mean a damn to me.

I did give you something to back it up. The fact that he's reality and nobody can truly kill him means he's obviously omnipotent. Heck, the Elder Gods had to create something just to stop him. And it relates to Shao Kahn because the Elder Gods, who stopped the One Being, hasn't stopped Shao Kahn.

No, they're not cowards. It's something like a rule. They're not to interfere with anything that's not a threat to existence or to their realm.

I'm not gonna to try to force you to understand if you simply refuse to listen.

You know, nowhere in Kahn's Armageddon ending are the Elder Gods even mentioned.

Why are we using their power as if it means anything when talking about Shao Kahn?

Because the ending said he's merged each realm and that he's got nothing left to conquer, which wouldn't sound right if he's got another realm (the Heavens) floating over his head.

NemeBro
He could be stopped.

Therefore he is not omnipotent.

TheAuraAngel
I did give you something to back it up. The fact that he's reality and nobody can truly kill him means he's obviously omnipotent. Heck, the Elder Gods had to create something just to stop him. And it relates to Shao Kahn because the Elder Gods, who stopped the One Being, hasn't stopped Shao Kahn.

No, they're not cowards. It's something like a rule. They're not to interfere with anything that's not a threat to existence or to their realm.

I'm not gonna to try to force you to understand if you simply refuse to listen.

If he were omnipotent, nothing could stop him. I don't care if he is reality. And big whoop if they haven't stopped Shao Kahn. According to what you've told me, they could very well just be looking for the right hero to do it instead.

Then what makes you think Shao Kahn is a threat? If they don't bother with him, I may as well assume he isn't a threat.

NemeBro
The MK reality is pretty small apparently.

All Kahn did was connect all six of the other realms to Outworld. WHOA.

Ridley_Prime
Just to have things more clear, I would like to see the link/article/interview/whatever where Shao Kahn's ending was stated to be the canon one. Hell, an EGM page SmashBro posted earlier in the MK9 thread implied that Johnny Cage won had Armageddon, so anything's possible apparently.

Bro SMASH
The "Heavens" is where the Elder Gods reside right? It's pretty questionable as to whether or not Kahn's realm mergings actually affected them there.

Seeing that he has become a god, I wouldn't be surprise if it did.

If we're talking about the same game here, then yes. You do face Blaze in MKA's Konquest. He challenges Taven and they fight.

ZtUlgVWI6Sg

With that part in mind (and the fact Onaga picked up Kahn and flew him away from Blaze's location in the game's intro), there's technically no way Kahn would've been able to get to the top of the pyramid before all the others that were trying to do so and defeated Blaze himself, especially when the game's story mode claimed that Taven did so, unless they did some massive retconning to the game in Shao Kahn's favor like I mentioned before, in which case, boo.

That video doesn't show Taven fighting Blaze. Also, keep in mind that they were distances away in that scene.

Bro SMASH
He could be stopped.

Therefore he is not omnipotent.

Stopped and killed are two different things.

Ridley_Prime
Seeing that he has become a god, I wouldn't be surprise if it did.
And I wouldn't be surprised if the opposite were true, seeing that Shinnok was a god too, and the elder gods were still able to deal with him accordingly.

Even if Kahn's a god now, he's still just one. The Elder Gods are many.

That video doesn't show Taven fighting Blaze.
It's the cutscene right before the fight. I thought that would be enough to make you remember since you said you played the game. Do I have to post a video of them actually fighting in the konquest mode too and the aftermath of it for you to get the point? I'm beginning to think that whoever said you have a skull thicker than Wolverine's was right.

Also, keep in mind that they were distances away in that scene.
That has no importance. They still fight right after that scene. Blaze teleports Taven near him, they duke it out at the top of the pyramid of Argus, and Taven wins. Shao Kahn was never there during that time. I know, I have the game, and probably played the konquest more times than you.

Also, you still haven't shown me what I asked (see last post), so why should I believe your claims about Shao Kahn winning armageddon and all that? I could say Johnny Cage won based on little info too if I wanted and that he let Shao Kahn kill Raiden afterward right before killing Kahn himself.

NemeBro
Stopped and killed are two different things. Omnipotence does not mean "Unable to be killed," that is the definition of immortal, in fact most times one is called immortal even that is not true.

Omnipotence is all powerful, as in, unable to be overpowered.

Like the One Being was.

Demonic Phoenix
So the fact that nobody, not even the Elder Gods, is able to stop Shao Kahn after he's merged all the realms (yes, ALL of them) doesn't mean ANYTHING to you?

Where exactly does it say that the Elder Gods stepped in to stop Shao Kahn from merging the realms? When Shao Kahn violated the rules and invaded Earth Realm, did the Elder Gods do anything? Why would they do anything now?
When Onaga, a much greater threat than Shao Kahn, was resurrected, they intervened via giving Scorpion a power-up. When Scorpion failed, did they directly step in?

Secondly, apart from Quan Chi and Shujinko, no one else is stated to challenge the Elder Gods, or to be a threat to them. Not even Onaga. Onaga needed all the Kamidogu to be considered a threat, and the most the Elder Gods did, was to send in a powered up Ninja Specter.
Quan Chi ascends to the Heavens to try and take out the Elder Gods, but we know how easily he is dealt with.
As for Shujinko, we don't know what the outcome is, but we do know that the power Shujinko had was the power of Blaze, his own, and that of every other Kombatant. That's what it took for Shujinko to try and challenge them, and he was mad at the time. A base Shujinko took down Onaga, so I believe that the ending version of Shujinko was the most powerful MK character, short of the Elder Gods and the One Being. Even then we do not know if he succeeded.

Thirdly, Shao Kahn is a conqueror. The ending specifically states that the Forces of Light could not stop his Final Invasion. Ergo, it wasn't through some spell that he merged the realms; it was simply due to the fact that there was no combatant around strong enough to defeat him in combat.
Nor would the Forces of Light include the Elder Gods...beings that have absolutely no interest in the affairs of the lower realms.

Thus I highly doubt that Shao Kahn even challenged the Elder Gods, or that they even tried to stop him directly.

Bro SMASH
And I wouldn't be surprised if the opposite were true, seeing that Shinnok was a god too, and the elder gods were still able to deal with him accordingly.

Even if Kahn's a god now, he's still just one. The Elder Gods are many.

Shinnok was an Elder God himself.

It's the cutscene right before the fight. I thought that would be enough to make you remember since you said you played the game. Do I have to post a video of them actually fighting in the konquest mode too and the aftermath of it for you to get the point? I'm beginning to think that whoever said you have a skull thicker than Wolverine's was right.

Wait, hold on, why the hell would you post a video that doesn't show the fight and then talk like you know one that does? If you do know one, you should have posted that in the first place if you want to make your point. That makes absolutely no sense.

That has no importance. They still fight right after that scene. Blaze teleports Taven near him, they duke it out at the top of the pyramid of Argus, and Taven wins. Shao Kahn was never there during that time. I know, I have the game, and probably played the konquest more times than you.

Well then it must have been retconned then. And this isn't about who played it the most.

Also, you still haven't shown me what I asked (see last post), so why should I believe your claims about Shao Kahn winning armageddon and all that? I could say Johnny Cage won based on little info too if I wanted and that he let Shao Kahn kill Raiden afterward right before killing Kahn himself.

This was said in one of the interviews:

"The story begins with Raiden, just when he is about to be killed by Shao Kahn in the events that happen after Armageddon. In a last effort, he sends a message to himself in the past, in the era of "Mortal Kombat", the first game. The rest of the story follows that Raiden's past and shows him trying to understand the visions and messages he gets from himself in the future and trying to prevent the events that lead to destruction of all realities."

This pretty much implies that Shao Kahn won Armageddon.

Omnipotence does not mean "Unable to be killed," that is the definition of immortal, in fact most times one is called immortal even that is not true.

Omnipotence is all powerful, as in, unable to be overpowered.

Like the One Being was.

A defeat can come in numerous ways. It was never said that he was "overpowered".

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Where exactly does it say that the Elder Gods stepped in to stop Shao Kahn from merging the realms? When Shao Kahn violated the rules and invaded Earth Realm, did the Elder Gods do anything? Why would they do anything now?
When Onaga, a much greater threat than Shao Kahn, was resurrected, they intervened via giving Scorpion a power-up. When Scorpion failed, did they directly step in?

They didn't "directly" step in but they were still involved. They knew of the events of Armageddon before it happen, thus, they created Blaze. They didn't any of the combatants to win Armageddon but they were unsuccessful, now that an evil warlord has won.

Secondly, apart from Quan Chi and Shujinko, no one else is stated to challenge the Elder Gods, or to be a threat to them. Not even Onaga. Onaga needed all the Kamidogu to be considered a threat, and the most the Elder Gods did, was to send in a powered up Ninja Specter.
Quan Chi ascends to the Heavens to try and take out the Elder Gods, but we know how easily he is dealt with.
As for Shujinko, we don't know what the outcome is, but we do know that the power Shujinko had was the power of Blaze, his own, and that of every other Kombatant. That's what it took for Shujinko to try and challenge them, and he was mad at the time. A base Shujinko took down Onaga, so I believe that the ending version of Shujinko was the most powerful MK character, short of the Elder Gods and the One Being. Even then we do not know if he succeeded.

He's merged each realm, which no doubt includes the Heavens, in which the Elder Gods resides. Thus, trying to defeat would be useless.

Thirdly, Shao Kahn is a conqueror. The ending specifically states that the Forces of Light could not stop his Final Invasion. Ergo, it wasn't through some spell that he merged the realms; it was simply due to the fact that there was no combatant around strong enough to defeat him in combat.
Nor would the Forces of Light include the Elder Gods...beings that have absolutely no interest in the affairs of the lower realms.

This could mean that the Forces of Light tried to resist him and failed. The Elder Gods may not have put a resistence, as it would have been useless. Either way, after that, it is said that he merged EACH realm, thus it's safe to say that he also merged the Heavens.

Thus I highly doubt that Shao Kahn even challenged the Elder Gods, or that they even tried to stop him directly.

Ridley_Prime
Wait, hold on, why the hell would you post a video that doesn't show the fight and then talk like you know one that does? If you do know one, you should have posted that in the first place if you want to make your point. That makes absolutely no sense.
Again, I thought I would only have to show you the cutscene before the fight to make you remember the whole thing at first (since you claimed you played the game's konquest and all), but apparently I overestimated your knowledge about it, so here's one that shows the entire fight.

This was said in one of the interviews:

"The story begins with Raiden, just when he is about to be killed by Shao Kahn in the events that happen after Armageddon. In a last effort, he sends a message to himself in the past, in the era of "Mortal Kombat", the first game. The rest of the story follows that Raiden's past and shows him trying to understand the visions and messages he gets from himself in the future and trying to prevent the events that lead to destruction of all realities."

This pretty much implies that Shao Kahn won Armageddon.
Shao Kahn killing Raiden doesn't necessarily mean he was the one who won Armageddon. It could've been pretty much any of the ones of the forces of darkness who won it, which in turn would have still given Kahn the chance he needed to kill the thunder god anyway. As it stands though, I still believe Taven's is the one and only canon arcade ending, or one that can be least argued against.

P9IpDp56YIo

Blaze was indeed corrupted by the Onaga's holymen in the past, and with everyone's powers becoming stronger than before (according to above ending), it explains how armageddon was caused and how Kahn was able to kill Raiden, who was already corrupted since Deception.

Insomnia1234
Kratos win, Mortal Kombat's characters never impress me.( since Sub zero and Scorpion team up and got their ass kicked by someone like Lex Luthor.)

Ridley_Prime
I believe that's non-canon. Lex had the RAGE to back himself up during that part anyway (no pun intended).

Insomnia1234
It's the official story of MK vs DC.

RE: Blaxican
MK vs. DC isn't canon.

Insomnia1234
Isn't it? Then my bad. Thank you for proving me wrong. but I still think Kratos get this.

thereciever
oh god! having kratos fight shao kahn really think about this really good kratos fights there kind of retards in his time so this is STUPID!!

stargun
Shao Kan can destroy a dimension when he is not limited by the MK rules. He takes this.

FinalAnswer
Show scans plz kthx

Pyron_Knight
It's official-

This thread sucks.

thereciever
thats true about shao kahn destory a dimension but think about it kratos can fought bosses similar like him but it would be a good match to see

Bro SMASH
Then here you go:

fvJ2p8z3MkA

You can watch the match right here. big grin

TheGoldenSpy
Took me half an hour to beat him. Unbelievable how cheap that guy is.

Kazenji
Ahhhh just like the old days.

samirerre
kratos was meant to kill olimpus becouse of the curse and only by the curse ,he's goal and energy resources are killing zeus
after that he is free to be on h'es own will
so in the end even only by the curse of the sons killing fathers he won
naturally he wouldnt be able

Ridley_Prime
Took me half an hour to beat him. Unbelievable how cheap that guy is.
Meh. I got more of a challenge out of fighting Moloch and Onaga on the hardest difficulty than I ever did Kahn, to be honest. Guess we'll have to see if the new game changes that trend for me, though.

ares834

Not in a direct battle (unless the opponent is omnipotent as well) but it could be done through trickery.

YoungGunna
Kratos

Ridley_Prime
Zwc_hsAPlu8

Meioh_Hades
Shao Kahn is truly a powerful being. A chilling compromise of physical might and sorcery.

And MK9 make me respect and fear him more than ever.

But Kratos in God of War displayed feats that are way beyond the power of Shao Kahn.

BloodRawEngine
Originally posted by samirerre
kratos was meant to kill olimpus becouse of the curse and only by the curse ,he's goal and energy resources are killing zeus
after that he is free to be on h'es own will
so in the end even only by the curse of the sons killing fathers he won
naturally he wouldnt be able

lolno. There's no curse involved, just a cycle based on nothing more than the preceeding father's fear of being overthrown. The only time a curse or fate was involved to bring it about was when Cronos was destined to be overthrown by Zeus. Zeus being killed by Kratos on the other hand was Zeus' own fault, even when the fates themselves went AGAINST Kratos's attempts to kill him. Even the "oracle foretelling the fall of Olympus" jazz in Ghost of Sparta tries to make it ambiguous what with his brother Deimos being the one born with a birthmark, and he died. "The Curse" didn't kill Thanatos or Persephone, who strictly speaking aren't actually part of Olympus. What killed Ares and Zeus was the power from Pandora's Box.

Meioh_Hades
In Greek Mythology the Fate is a sort of "ultimate force", and in Homeric Poems is stated that not even the Gods can oppose Fate.

In GoW2, as BloodRawEngine pointed, the Sister of Fate themselves were against Kratos.

So, thanks to the power of Hope, Kratos was able to win against all odds, even against Fate itself.

BloodRawEngine
That's not even counting that from God of War I till God of War III's ending, that power was dormant within Kratos.

Hell, it may not even be canon, but Kratos' story in the arcade mode described him as "the most powerful warrior of all time" by MK standards.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.