Lex luthor (in his iron suit) vs iron man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is the lex that is geared up with his own ironman suit that he has fought superman along with other heros with.

Who wins the majority.

Mrblonde
Tony makes Lex's suit look like shit

DigiMark007
It kinda fought Superman well, which is >> Tony. And we later learned it was of New God tech (Darkseid).

I realize it sucks to say it, since Tony's whole thing is his suit, but Lex for the clear win.

sad

Mindset
Originally posted by DigiMark007
It kinda fought Superman well, which is >> Tony. And we later learned it was of New God tech (Darkseid).

I realize it sucks to say it, since Tony's whole thing is his suit, but Lex for the clear win.

sad Tony will hax it!

Raoul
Originally posted by DigiMark007

sad

pretty much agree... the only thing i would worry about is that lex's suit was designed purely to fight kryptonians... its K blasts probably won't hurt Tony all that much, so he'd need to get in close and mix it up physically...

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Raoul
pretty much agree... the only thing i would worry about is that lex's suit was designed purely to fight kryptonians... its K blasts probably won't hurt Tony all that much, so he'd need to get in close and mix it up physically...

Well, there are also generic energy blasts- like the one that vaporised three OMACs in the single shot there:
http://www.picamatic.com/view/1180795_21/

occultdestroyer
Iron Lex FTW

Soljer
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Iron Lex FTW

Most likely.

And as far as hacking it, I very much doubt Tony's capability to hack any new genesis technology.

Bouboumaster
Flex Lex ftw.

Unless... Tony can hax it!

Raoul
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Well, there are also generic energy blasts- like the one that vaporised three OMACs in the single shot there:
http://www.picamatic.com/view/1180795_21/

i was factoring those in, ya know... stick out tongue

Eel O'Brien
Loeb's evil Supergirl had to work to break open Lex's armor and Tony can match her power.

Lex FTW.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Loeb's evil Supergirl had to work to break open Lex's armor and Tony can match her power.

Lex FTW. Cool sig. Sentry is much cooler than Superman though imo.

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by quanchi112
Cool sig. Sentry is much cooler than Superman though imo.

He definitely has his charm. I like the idea of a physical powerhouse who doesn't have the mental faculties to keep it all together. Since Supes always has it together, Sentry is a very compelling take on the archetype.

Starscream M
stupid question...but what protect Lex's domepiece? Does he have an invisible helmet or something? Otherwise its a ridiculously stupid design flaw.

Badabing
Originally posted by quanchi112
Cool sig. Sentry is much cooler than Superman though imo. facepalm

iceman24567
Lulz

Zoron
LoL tony starks easily lex ain't even on ironman's level of tech or smartness

Bentley
Tony has no extremis right now so he is horribly defeated.

Mindset
Originally posted by Bentley
Tony has no extremis right now so he is horribly defeated. Extremis is part of his body, how does he no longer have it?

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Mindset
Extremis is part of his body, how does he no longer have it?

The Skrull computer virus completely screwed Extremis over, now Tony has trouble controlling his current armour because Extremis allowed him to do lots of things at once, and he can't do all that manually b/c he's only human.

Basically if he tried a high speed chase with Lex, whilst trying to aim at Lex, Tony would fly into a wall and own himself.

Batman-Prime
There are 3 Lex suits.

PC suit from the "Luthor" Planet, which made him PC Supermans equal.

The New Gods one but I also remember that he build one, they all look almost identical, which was made by earth only tech.

SBP ripped one suit apart IIRC.

Since the only suit which is turly HIS, would be the one made with earth only tech I give Tony 8/10 XD.

Mindset
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
The Skrull computer virus completely screwed Extremis over, now Tony has trouble controlling his current armour because Extremis allowed him to do lots of things at once, and he can't do all that manually b/c he's only human.

Basically if he tried a high speed chase with Lex, whilst trying to aim at Lex, Tony would fly into a wall and own himself. Even before he had extremis he could do that.

AlmightyKfish
Even before he had extremis he could do that.

Yeah, but the armour was less advanced, his current armour was based around the fact he could multi task in microseconds due to Extremis. Now he has trouble. Like in the first Dark Reign IIM issue, he struggles to fly and lift a random chunk of metal simultaneously, and ends up falling into the sea.

lawest9
Lex for the majority.

PRAYERRUN
Iron Man vs Lex in his suit. who wins?

JakeTheBank
Iron Man.

PRAYERRUN
Just wondering, but who is smarter?

JakeTheBank
Probably Lex.

PRAYERRUN
yeah....Lex could probably beat him.

JakeTheBank
Depends on what you mean by "beat". With prep, more than likely. In a straight up fight with their respective armors, probably Tony.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Probably Lex.

No... especially not if we're talking about Extremis or current Tony.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
No... especially not if we're talking about Extremis or current Tony.

I think as a rule, Lex is more well rounded and goes into more "super" science territory than Tony does. In terms of applied tech and engineering when it comes to things such as suits and the like, Tony def takes it.

Galan007
Tony.

Lunacyde
Lex is "smarter" than Iron Man, however suit wise I would say Tony has the lead.

chomperx9
been done

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=496820& amp;highlight=title%3A%28iron+man+vs+lex+luthor%29
+forumid%3A77

beast1234
lex luthor has expertise in every form of science therefore he is more skilled in science. Tony Stark has him beat in engineering.

Black bolt z
I think as a rule, Lex is more well rounded and goes into more "super" science territory than Tony does. In terms of applied tech and engineering when it comes to things such as suits and the like, Tony def takes it. Very good explanation.

the ninjak
Extremis owns.

Bentley
This has been done so many times is not even funny...

Heck, I think I made this thread once.

chomperx9
ive always been more of a fan of lex but stark has more experience for sure in engineering.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1184/95160-7073-lex-luthor_large.png

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/85218/2380610-hurt_large.jpg

Bentley
IM hacks Luthor's armor ftw.

Flyattractor
What are some Iron Lex feats?

juggerman
Taking on Superman. thats all he needs

Sixth_Winged
has he ever really put up an actual fight against supes? as in looked competent enough to match him without needing red sun rays and kryptonite? Did he ever actually stood a no-holding back superman attack as oppose to supes regular afraid of his own power self?

Just wanna know because thats apparently the main selling point of his armor.

juggerman
gonna have to go with an all around no

MF DELPH
I always found it funny that Lex's suit leaves his head exposed.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I always found it funny that Lex's suit leaves his head exposed.

yep, but ppl prob gonna say he has a special forcefield over it or something.

Anyway, That pic u have there is of a remote control IM suit. Not even the real thing. So I guess this would be a much closer fight.

JayDaDon
What I liked is how the remote control IM suit was owning everyone and rogue admitted He could beat them all by himself.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Lord Feron
yep, but ppl prob gonna say he has a special forcefield over it or something.

Anyway, That pic u have there is of a remote control IM suit. Not even the real thing. So I guess this would be a much closer fight. There is a special force over it.

Lex ftw

cdtm
Originally posted by juggerman
Taking on Superman. thats all he needs

He also struggled against Deathstroke.

A lot of characters take on Superman, that aren't remotely on his level, thanks to CIS.

namorsubby
The suit is designed to battle superman primarily, along with other high level metas(the league mostly)

carver9
Ironman has taken on, defeated, and done well against high Heralds. Lex taking on Superman isn't enough or a deciding factor for this battle. Looking at everything, Ironman wins this imo. Stronger, faster, and more versatile.

cdtm
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
has he ever really put up an actual fight against supes? as in looked competent enough to match him without needing red sun rays and kryptonite? Did he ever actually stood a no-holding back superman attack as oppose to supes regular afraid of his own power self?

Just wanna know because thats apparently the main selling point of his armor.

One of their highest profile fights is probably from Loebs Public Enemies. And there, despite powering the suit with green K and injecting a mix it plus venom directly into his veins, Superman soundly defeated him.

Take that for what it's worth.

namorsubby
Originally posted by carver9
Ironman has taken on, defeated, and done well against high Heralds. Lex taking on Superman isn't enough or a deciding factor for this battle. Looking at everything, Ironman wins this imo. Stronger, faster, and more versatile. stronger and faster according to what exactly. Based on his encounters with supes, i'd say lex had the edge I'm durability, speed, and probably strengh as well when compared to im's standard suit.

JakeTheBank
Iron Man.

Lex also uses weakness exploitation when fighting Superman in his battle suit, which plays a pivotal role in how he fares against him.

namorsubby
Iron Man.

Lex also uses weakness exploitation when fighting Superman in his battle suit, which plays a pivotal role in how he fares against him. not always. He has slugged it out with superman and league members. Namor has man handled stark more than once.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by namorsubby
not always. He has slugged it out with superman and league members. Namor has man handled stark more than once.

And Iron Man has slugged it out with Savage Hulk, Sentry, and others as well. Namor looking good against Iron Man doesn't take anything away from Tony or how he'd fare against Lex, either.

carver9
stronger and faster according to what exactly. Based on his encounters with supes, i'd say lex had the edge I'm durability, speed, and probably strengh as well when compared to im's standard suit.

Like Ive stated, its not enough when you are comparing fts against Tony. Tony has outright taken it to Savage Hulk, Sentry, Silver Surfer, along with other Heralds and he hold his own. You just bringing up Superman isn't enough when Ironman "consistently" battle people in Supermans tier and does just as good, if not better, without weakness exploiting.

Ironman is just overall more formidable than Lex imo and far more versatile. I can't see Lex winning this at all.

-Pr-
Split, imo.

namorsubby
not always. He has slugged it out with superman and league members. Namor has man handled stark more than once.
And Iron Man has slugged it out with Savage Hulk, Sentry, and others as well. Namor looking good against Iron Man doesn't take anything away from Tony or how he'd fare against Lex, either.
namor is not nearly as strong, fast, versatile, or durable as superman. So yeah, I think it does.

carver9
namor is not nearly as strong, fast, versatile, or durable as superman. So yeah, I think it does.

Deathstroke isn't nearly as strong as fast and as durable as Sentry or Surfer.

You see what I did there?

confused

Sixth_Winged
What I want to know if Lex in suit has actually fought and bested heroes as oppose to just hitting them once or twice or blasting them once or twice with minions tagging along, an actual 1 on 1 fight.

JakeTheBank

Neither is Lex Luthor's armor without exploiting weakness exploitation. When Lex and the Injustice League were throwing down with the JLA, as soon as the GL's made the fight "more fair", Lex was quickly routed by Kal-El.

Lex isn't anywhere as near a formidable a combatant like Tony, who can multi-task, is way more battle savy, and has a vast amount of options available to him outside of punching and blasting, and has just as many feats, if not altogether better, of fighting enemies outside his tier without resorting to specific weaknesses.

Absolute best scenario for Lex is if we assume his suit gives him Kryptonian-level(ish) stats based solely on his scuffles with Superman and as such decide to give him an overall power advantage against Tony. Conversely, Tony's smarter in the heat of battle, has better tech, and more options to implement said tech than Lex can.

namorsubby
Deathstroke isn't nearly as strong as fast and as durable as Sentry or Surfer.

You see what I did there?

confused deathstroke was altered when he fought. Tony's simply below namors power level generally speaking. Which is way shouldn't last against any opponent that can contend with superman.

abhilegend
Tony 6/10.

JayDaDon
deathstroke was altered when he fought. Tony's simply below namors power level generally speaking. Which is way shouldn't last against any opponent that can contend with superman.

The times that tony fought Namor he's been in or around water. So he was taking on the Namor capable of tossing around tens of thousands of tons. Standard iron man armor can't stand up to that for long. And based on the way superman tears lex's suit to ribbons almost at will, I don't think he'd last much longer against that kind of strength.

carver9
deathstroke was altered when he fought. Tony's simply below namors power level generally speaking. Which is way shouldn't last against any opponent that can contend with superman.

So are you saying Deathstroke during the time he fought Lex was>>>Namor or Sentry?

janus77
IM ftw.

namorsubby
So are you saying Deathstroke during the time he fought Lex was>>>Namor or Sentry? no. I'm saying he was altered

Yeah, it was.

Action Comics #892:

Deathstroke Vs. Lex Luthor(Battlesuit)

Slade is emotionally affected by residual black ring energy and tries to kill Lex. He overpowers him, flips him to the ground, and kicks him in the face(which still damages him despite his forcefield). He would've killed him, but they nuetralized the energy's affect before Slade could do so

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_09-5.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_10-5.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_11-4.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_14-4.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_15-3.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_16-2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_17-1.jpg

IM's a suit guy, I get it. Its just that his standard suit couldn't stand up to superman for any respectable length of time.

Mindset
It stood up to Sentry.

IM beats Lex; can't he just hack his suit?

Bentley
It stood up to Sentry.

the ninjak
It stood up to Sentry.

Extremis Ironman barely sped past Sentry before getting clobbered 10 blocks down.

Ironman hacked Sentry's CLOC resulting in a narrow escape. Later Tony dumped a Helicarrier on Void.

Both of those methods won't work in this fight unless Tony can hack Lex's tech.

Tony hacked Doom's computers though mocking Doom in the process so yeah Ironman ftw.

namorsubby
It stood up to Sentry.

IM beats Lex; can't he just hack his suit? and is that instance an indication of starks general level of formmidabilty? No.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Iron Man, and unless I'm forgetting something, it's going to be a short fight. IIRC Lex did well once against Superboy but if we go by high feats only, it's even more one sided in Tony's favor as he has some legit elite moments every now and again.

The recent fight in Legacy against the X-men was extremely impressive. Took them all down -but Rogue- using an older model through remote control while building a Phoenix buster suit. It was stated that he could take out half the X-men by his lonesome as well.

That fight he had against Magneto was just insane in terms of the power level they were operating at.

Also, in the recent Hulk smash issue, it was stated that Green Scar was the single being on Earth stronger than -Extremis- Iron Man despite Rulk, Sentry, Ares etc. being in the same story. That was an eyebrow raiser for me, particularly since it came out of Banner's mouth and he was serious at the time.

He also did extremely well against the Savage Hulk Popularity will have given him a shot in the arm if he racks up some more feats, it's done the same for Hulk, Wolverine etc..

OneDumbG0
Iron Man for a hefty majority. Hefty.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

JakeTheBank
Co-signed.

A feat war comparing the two armors won't go well for Lex. At all.

tjizz350
People kill me talking about how Lex took on Superman in his suit as a measure for beating Ironman. His suit is powered by kryptonite that's how he is able to take supes on just like Metallo. Ironman has way more feats plus he can remote access another suit if his got damaged. Lex can make this fight interesting I'm not saying Ironman stomps him Lex is still very smart but in the end Ironman will take this.

Mindset
Originally posted by the ninjak
Extremis Ironman barely sped past Sentry before getting clobbered 10 blocks down.

Ironman hacked Sentry's CLOC resulting in a narrow escape. Later Tony dumped a Helicarrier on Void.

Both of those methods won't work in this fight unless Tony can hack Lex's tech.

Tony hacked Doom's computers though mocking Doom in the process so yeah Ironman ftw.

Yea, which means his suit held up to Sentry's attack.

Last time IM tried to hack Doom's systems he couldn't even connect.

What are you talking about?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Also, in the recent Hulk smash issue, it was stated that Green Scar was the single being on Earth stronger than -Extremis- Iron Man despite Rulk, Sentry, Ares etc. being in the same story. That was an eyebrow raiser for me, particularly since it came out of Banner's mouth and he was serious at the time.

He also did extremely well against the Savage Hulk Popularity will have given him a shot in the arm if he racks up some more feats, it's done the same for Hulk, Wolverine etc..

Also, Iron Man has stated that he holds back every time he fights Hulk...and this was post WWH.

Batman-Prime
This is the lex that is geared up with his own ironman suit that he has fought superman along with other heros with.

Who wins the majority.

The Pre-Crisis Suit was on par with PC-Superman, so Lex would stomp with it.
Post-Crisis it was not bad at all but not on the best Tony has to offer, though Lex beat Supergirl with it
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5022/1374/400/supergirl-luthor1.jpg and I would place her > Tony, it was still made to fight Kryptonians.
I'm rather Undecided but leaning towards Tony.

cdtm
Iron Man wins.

tjizz350
That's exactly what I was saying his suit was desgined to fight Kryptonians. He has an advantage from the jump because he brings their weakness.

cdtm
Originally posted by tjizz350
That's exactly what I was saying his suit was desgined to fight Kryptonians. He has an advantage from the jump because he brings their weakness.

And Supes still tears his suit to shreds.

carver9
Yeah, Ironman does have some insane fts...insane.

tjizz350
Originally posted by cdtm
And Supes still tears his suit to shreds.

Yep so trying to use that as a means for beating ironman is meaningless.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
The Pre-Crisis Suit was on par with PC-Superman, so Lex would stomp with it.
Post-Crisis it was not bad at all but not on the best Tony has to offer, though Lex beat Supergirl with it
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5022/1374/400/supergirl-luthor1.jpg and I would place her > Tony, it was still made to fight Kryptonians.
I'm rather Undecided but leaning towards Tony.
Dark Kara went on to pwn him afterwards .

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by tjizz350
That particular version of the suit was forged in Apokoliptan pits though . Lex was surprised when Dark Kara managed to rip through it .

JabberWaki
I'd have to go with Tony here. Lex has the advantage in raw power but Tony has more versatility and this is basically his bread and butter. Lex is smarter but Tony is a much more experience combatant and should take a slight majority here.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Digi

sad

Shabazz916
Tony wins... He will find a flaw in lex suit & exploit it... Lex weapons aren't for iron man so iron man can unload on lex

DarkSaint85
Good luck on Tony finding a flaw in New God tech....Even Rocket Racoon was laughing at the poor standarda of Tony's armour and knowledge, especially when compared to cosmic standards.

Stoic
I'm trying to figure out why people believe that because Lex gives Superman a decent fight that he would automatically give Iron Man a good fight, or simply beat him handily? Lex's suit can exploit a Krytonian's weakness to kryptonite and all of that mess. This does not somehow carry over to Stark, because he isn't Kryptonian. Despite the tech that went into making Lex's suit, I believe that Tony's suit is more advanced. The design that Lex is using is incredibly similar to what it was 40 years ago. I mean has there been many changes to his suit?

JabberWaki
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm trying to figure out why people believe that because Lex gives Superman a decent fight that he would automatically give Iron Man a good fight, or simply beat him handily? Lex's suit can exploit a Krytonian's weakness to kryptonite and all of that mess. This does not somehow carry over to Stark, because he isn't Kryptonian. Despite the tech that went into making Lex's suit, I believe that Tony's suit is more advanced. The design that Lex is using is incredibly similar to what it was 40 years ago. I mean has there been many changes to his suit? I think that being in combat on a more routine basis than Lex is one of the reasons why Tony's armor has gone through more changes and upgrades than Lex.

I'm not saying that Lex can outdo Tony in building a suit, that's Tony's bread and butter, but I do think that if Lex wanted to he could make his own suit more than just something designed specifically to fight Superman.

JabberWaki
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Good luck on Tony finding a flaw in New God tech....Even Rocket Racoon was laughing at the poor standarda of Tony's armour and knowledge, especially when compared to cosmic standards. Err...on second thought...

Stoic
Originally posted by JabberWaki
Err...on second thought...

So one statement undermines all of the feats that Tony has brought to the table? Is there one member on the GOTC that could beat Tony for the majority based on feats? So yes Lex can give Superman a fight until Superman decides to take it up a notch, but how well would Lex do against someone that could not be so easily exploited? Tony went round for round with Nova Prime. I wouldn't place too much faith in Rocket Racoons statement.

DrDeadpool
Tony wins , hell that black and gold armor is a serious beast !

Kazenji
His space armor is most likely better.

JabberWaki
Originally posted by Stoic
So one statement undermines all of the feats that Tony has brought to the table? Is there one member on the GOTC that could beat Tony for the majority based on feats? So yes Lex can give Superman a fight until Superman decides to take it up a notch, but how well would Lex do against someone that could not be so easily exploited? Tony went round for round with Nova Prime. I wouldn't place too much faith in Rocket Racoons statement. No, I still think Tony would win here. When he mentioned New God technology the first thing that came to mind is a mother box though.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Good luck on Tony finding a flaw in New God tech....Even Rocket Racoon was laughing at the poor standarda of Tony's armour and knowledge, especially when compared to cosmic standards.

Rocket laughs at everyone, even at invalids...

Tony's armors were always formidable enough to challenge so-called "gods" and alien races, Luthor would be a walk in the park for him.

DrDeadpool
Originally posted by Kazenji
His space armor is most likely better.

I think black and gold armor is better !! big grin

Kazenji
Can't go warp speed tho.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Digi

sad

Iron Man classic armor defeated SS which is >>>>> Lex

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.