X-Man vs Ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
there seems to be some issue regarding just how powerful nate is. so, just for fun . . .

non-shaman, of course. smile

DigiMark007
Tony.

...for the loss.

no expression

rotiart
Nate Rips Extremis from Tony.
Game over.

id369

leonidas

id369
Originally posted by leonidas
i'm not sure--pre-shaman was able to psi-freeze time. that's matter manip, no? all pre-shaman feats are viable. erm
Offensive or direct matter manipulating feats are banned from the tournament. You just had a member, state he would rip the extremis right Tony.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by id369
Offensive or direct matter manipulating feats are banned from the tournament. You just had a member, state he would rip the extremis right Tony.

That's a tk feat. What, is he not allowed to touch Tony now? Besides, I see nothing comparable to matter manip. in the statement "Nate stomps."

srug

Red Hulk
i'm not sure--pre-shaman was able to psi-freeze time. that's matter manip, no? all pre-shaman feats are viable. erm Wouldn't that be time manipulation?

leonidas

strictly speaking, neutering is not allowed either . . . but i know there has been SOME. this wasn't JUST about the tourney. like scoob, there's no way i think he should be in a high meta though. if you need to neuter him to get him in, that's not right. i'm ALSO not saying a agree with everyone who has been ALLOWED in this thing (a bunch of people are saying NIMROD beats WONDERWOMAN 1on1!) i actually think IM would give nate a better figth than some are saying, but still nate is above this tier, pretty clearly.

DigiMark007
Psi-freeze? What, like shutting down a mind? Hell, that would be allowed in the tourney, btw, since that's what this thread is about (no sense hiding it). It's only possessing and commandeering a mind that is banned.

leonidas
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Psi-freeze? What, like shutting down a mind? Hell, that would be allowed in the tourney, btw, since that's what this thread is about (no sense hiding it). It's only possessing and commandeering a mind that is banned.

no, i mean like TIME-STOPPING. erm

id369
That's a tk feat. What, is he not allowed to touch Tony now? Besides, I see nothing comparable to matter manip. in the statement "Nate stomps."

srug

Not everyone is aware of why this match was made. Many of the members do not follow the tournament. However, this match was set to gauge X-Man in regards to said tournament.

Your telling me, that unbonding the extremis from his cells would not dubbed as offensive matter manipulation? Is this form of action, permitted in the tournament? erm

leonidas
it was STRICTLY for tourney purposes. it's a high meta tourney. the ultimate question is is nate high meta? the answer is no, not without neutering. be interested in knowing if anyone thinks IM can win this fight though . . .

guy222
nate

Red Hulk
Didn't Nate beat Exodus with regular attacks? I doubt Iron Man would win if Nate was just using common attacks, let alone anything else he has.

id369
it was STRICTLY for tourney purposes. it's a high meta tourney. the ultimate question is is nate high meta? the answer is no, not without neutering. be interested in knowing if anyone thinks IM can win this fight though . . .

Ah interesting.

Here is a question, does Ironman have any known protection against TK or TP?

Sin I AM
doesnt tony have psi armor? I cant really recall but i do remember vaguely he had some protection against tps

DigiMark007
Ah interesting.

Depends on the armor. I haven't seen it come up specifically in Extremis though, so we're not really sure if he does (to my knowledge, which is competent on Tony but not entirely comprehensive)

leonidas
Ah interesting.

he DOES have tp protection, not sure the level though. tk is something that would certainly affect him though--at nate's level that should be enough still.

id369
he DOES have tp protection, not sure the level though. tk is something that would certainly affect him though--at nate's level that should be enough still.

Anything on paper, that states: anti psi, or TP proff. Etc.. and please any of the members are open to replay.

HandOfFate
Iron Man does possess psi-shielding in some versions of his armor. IIRC, the shielding actually helped him defeat Mentallo, when he tried to take over the world using a machine that increase his natural telepathy.

Now if the sheilding is powerful enough to stop Nate is another question.

id369

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Didn't Nate beat Exodus with regular attacks? I doubt Iron Man would win if Nate was just using common attacks, let alone anything else he has.

id369

DigiMark007
Just wanted the question answered, since no one had addressed it. I'm letting others play this out, since I already faced you and don't really wish you ill-will. I think he should be banned, but if you can convince us/delph/etc. that he's ok, then more power to you.

id369

Scoobless
HOF already pointed out the mentallo issue where his TP protection saved the day for him.

id369
Just wanted the question answered, since no one had addressed it. I'm letting others play this out, since I already faced you and don't really wish you ill-will. I think he should be banned, but if you can convince us/delph/etc. that he's ok, then more power to you.

Ah I see. Well if members are unaware of what happened in Exodus vs. X-Man fight.
Second page in the X-Man respect thread, the link is conveniently placed in my sig. Or X-Man #14.

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
But you see, Exodus was severly weakened, he was reduced to a power leech during that arc. And both Mr. Sinister and Emma Frost have made X-Man look like a chump for all his raw power he never truly focused it until his Shaman days.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/newreply.php?s=&action=postid=11269730

Originally posted by Scoobless
HOF already pointed out the mentallo issue where his TP protection saved the day for him.

Yes but I am coming back, to the question if the Extremis exhibits such protection.

ExodusCloak
Ah I see. Well if members are unaware of what happened in Exodus vs. X-Man fight.
Second page in the X-Man respect thread, the link is conveniently placed in my sig. Or X-Man #14.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/newreply.php?s=&action=postid=11269730

Yes but I am coming back, to the question if the Extremis exhibits such protection.

IRRC the Iron Man from the Heroes Reborn Universe had TK protection but Jean almost broke it with a small blast.

I'll address the Nate thing in the tourney thread.

Scoobless

You mean "what if Tony forgot to add psi-protection to his new armour even though he has stated quite a few times that he has developed defences against mental takeover?"

It's in there.

id369
I assume this was Extremis. And it seems the Extremis has no formal TP nor TK protection. Tony would have to seek out variations of his Ironman suits, to comply with TP/TK protection. Am I right so far?

However I was told differently in my match with Digi. At least in regards towards TP, that Tony in the Extremis has effective protection against TP attacks.

Can anybody sort out this mess for me. I have read Ironman V4 up to issue 31. Personally I have not seen any formal evidence to point out he has, such defenses. Can anyone educate me or confirm this for me? If so, would you kindly post a scan or point out an issue for me to look?

Thanks advance - Id

Originally posted by Scoobless
You mean "what if Tony forgot to add psi-protection to his new armour even though he has stated quite a few times that he has developed defences against mental takeover?"

It's in there.

Yes I asked a vary specific question. And now with your reply I am getting it. Would you kindly point out the issue in which this is stated?

DigiMark007

id369
Well I am not trying to be ambivalent at all. I want answers as much as you do. However when a member claims he has X feat, and I am told otherwise. Then I call it how it is.

I was told Extremis has TP protection based on this. Ok was I lied to, or miss lead? I mean if he has this sub-atomic particle protection, would that protect him against TK as well.

Now moving on, since Ironman has an armor that seals off anything up to subatomic particles. Is it enough to warrant, TP or TK protection?

DigiMark007
Well I am not trying to be ambivalent at all. I want answers as much as you do. However when a member claims he has X feat, and I am told otherwise. Then I call it how it is.

I was told Extremis has TP protection based on this. Ok was I lied to, or miss lead? I mean if he has this sub-atomic particle protection, would that protect him against TK as well.

Now moving on, since Ironman has an armor that seals off anything up to subatomic particles. Is it enough to warrant, TP or TK protection?

You weren't misled. You were told subatomic particles couldn't invade his armor. That's true. Don't try to make it more than it is. I used that to say he was likely tp resistant, but it was never something I stated beyond a reasonable opinion. It was up to the judges to decide.

And of course you aren't ambivalent here. You have a particular stake in this. Doesn't mean you need to go around attacking the credibility of others though.

TK could bludgeon the armor from the outside, thus opening it. The sealed-from-anything bit doesn't apply to tk, since it can't stop external tk from batting him around. Once open, Tony has been shown to be affected by tp. So yeah, Nate wins.

id369

DigiMark007
Ha. That was a different point entirely. You were using a tech-based source to enhance your tk and tp skills. I was simply using Tony's frequency-blocking skills to negate the tech power-up, since it would have had to relay to your team on a specific channel to enhance Cable's skills through his implants and such...but I wasn't using it to block the tk and tp specifically.

So you only posted part of the quote, the part that seems to support you but is out of context.

Now who's being misleading?

id369

DigiMark007
Wow. So you're deciding to be a jerk instead of listening to me, eh?

I misunderstood how you were using Cable's powers then. Honest mistake. As it stands, I never made the claim that he directly blocks tp/tk. I formed what I thought was an effective counter to it, but never said what you're claiming, and never intended to be deceitful.

You could choose to see that for the truth that it is, and we could be ok with one another. Or you could color it with your own interpretations and see whatever you want to justify your misplaced anger. I'm sorry that you're choosing the latter, but I can't be responsible for how my words are taken...I can only deal with their original intent, which was never intended as deceit.

I'm not rooting for you to get Nate anymore, even if you're right. You're handling this situation very poorly. I was never "against" you, just wanted the truth, and you made it personal based on false assumptions and refusing to listen to anything but your own thoughts.

id369
So other then this scan.
http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=impico1ty3.jpg

Is their any formal evidence, that implies Tony in the Extremis can neutralize, counter, or protect himself from Psi base attacks. Let it be of TK, or TP nature.

DigiMark007
That isn't evidence for it. I wasn't using that scan to say he blocks tp/tk, only that he can block electronic frequencies (since I thought you were receiving the upgrade from an outside electronic source), despite what you're trying to impose upon my words. I don't appreciate being told how my words and arguments were intended, especially when I have explained why you were incorrect in my intent.

leonidas
actually id, it wouldn't matter if digi flat out LIED to you. it's a debate. if he's lying or bs'ing (the way of things when tourneys FIRST started . . .) it's up to you to convince or SHOW everyone he was lying. erm

if he bs'ed his way to a win, he was simply more convincing than you were. almost everyone exaggerates in matches--if they didn't and you went by what was said in matches, nimrod COULD best superman 1on1 (based on bw/smurph's claims for the character). that's not to pick on them--everyone has . . . stretched the truth from time to time. you should have asked for specifically convincing evidence to prove his claims and nailed him when it wasn't produced. erm

id369
actually id, it wouldn't matter if digi flat out LIED to you. it's a debate. if he's lying or bs'ing (the way of things when tourneys FIRST started . . .) it's up to you to convince or SHOW everyone he was lying. erm

if he bs'ed his way to a win, he was simply more convincing than you were. almost everyone exaggerates in matches--if they didn't and you went by what was said in matches, nimrod COULD best superman 1on1 (based on bw/smurph's claims for the character). that's not to pick on them--everyone has . . . stretched the truth from time to time. you should have asked for specifically convincing evidence to prove his claims and nailed him when it wasn't produced. erm

Marvelous, thank you for taking your time to write out your opinion. For future tournaments, and matches I will use these inspiring words to help myself out.

Now other then this scan.

Do you now of any known defensive measures, Tony can employ to protect himself from Psi attacks (TP/TK).

If so, may I see a scan, or could you kindly point me out the proper issue?

Thanks in advance - Id ^__^

leonidas
well . . . you're welcome. big grin

and wouldn't mind seeing that proof either from someone . . .

DigiMark007
Id's just being a jerk at this point, and ignoring my words (and leo's, since his response was pure sarcasm). I would have hoped you would be a bit more mature about things, but it appears not. As it is, I was never against you with Nate and am honestly befuddled (and more than a bit insulted) that you've made up things about me, insulted me, and ignored me to justify some perceived slight that was never there.

At this point, your bid to keep Nate is a moot point imo. You've made your own ignorance the focal point.

occultdestroyer
X-Man crushes Tony inside his Extremis suit... I mean literally.

redhotrash
If Magneto can create a helm that blocks TP, I dont see why Tony cant. However that still leaves him with some serious TK to contend with.

Blair Wind
Now other then this scan.

Do you now of any known defensive measures, Tony can employ to protect himself from Psi attacks (TP/TK).

Yes.

No

stick out tongue

id369
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Yes.

No

stick out tongue

Ah but Tony does have protection against such attacks? How good are these protections?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.