DCU's Synnar (Nameless One) Vs Vertigo's Lucifer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cloud102
In Starlin's latest issue of Rann/Thanagarian Holy War, it was revealed that Synnar has Michael's power to make a multiverse. Retconning Lucifer and Michael's history. Anyway, who would place your bets on?

guy222
Lets see the next few issues to gauge his omnipotence

Remember, its Starlin. Infinity Gauntlet or HOTI anyone stick out tongue

Galan007
Originally posted by cloud102
Retconning Lucifer and Michael's history. Anyway, who would place your bets on? he didn't retcon anything, really. mike/lucifer being responsible for creation took place within vertigo comics. all the 'synnar incident' proved is that vertigo and the mainstream DCU are separate entities completely (as myself, and many others have argued several times.)

Originally posted by guy222
Remember, its Starlin. Infinity Gauntlet or HOTI anyone stick out tongue yeah, it seems like starlin thoroughly enjoys riding the 'all powerful' bone. jr_erm02

Juntai
Originally posted by Galan007
he didn't retcon anything, really. mike/lucifer being responsible for creation took place within vertigo comics. all the 'synnar incident' proved is that vertigo and the mainstream DCU are separate entities completely (as myself, and many others have argued several times.)

yeah, it seems like starlin thoroughly enjoys riding the 'all powerful' bone. jr_erm02 tbh, there's still nothing definitive about Synnar's proposed history either. He was suggesting a new religion in his image, and that was to be the story the masses would be told, is what I got out of it. Not much to say it's truly authentic yet.

fangirl101
he didn't retcon anything, really. mike/lucifer being responsible for creation took place within vertigo comics. all the 'synnar incident' proved is that vertigo and the mainstream DCU are separate entities completely (as myself, and many others have argued several times.)

yeah, it seems like starlin thoroughly enjoys riding the 'all powerful' bone. jr_erm02
And yet, Michael does exist in the DCU and he's quite a bit more powerful than the Spectre.

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
tbh, there's still nothing definitive about Synnar's proposed history either. He was suggesting a new religion in his image, and that was to be the story the masses would be told, is what I got out of it. Not much to say it's truly authentic yet. exactly. however, knowing starlin is part of this story makes me think it's probably true. we'll just have to wait until the series is finished, i guess. i'm thinking superman will have to come in and own his ass. *shrug*

Originally posted by fangirl101
And yet, Michael does exist in the DCU and he's quite a bit more powerful than the Spectre. and??

Juntai
And yet, Michael does exist in the DCU and he's quite a bit more powerful than the Spectre. He exists in the DCU, and has had more authority the couple times they crossed paths.

It's not to say he's entirely more powerful altogether.

As in the Spectre comic where they collided, Jim Corrigan/Spectre was violating one of the rules, where-as Micheal was fullfilling his job. Seems to me Micheal was in favor.

Most times Spectre violates his purpose, or Gods' creeds, his power comes up short. In his realm however, he's nigh omnipotent.

He may be more powerful tho, but who knows?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Juntai
He exists in the DCU, and has had more authority the couple times they crossed paths.

It's not to say he's entirely more powerful altogether.

As in the Spectre comic where they collided, Jim Corrigan/Spectre was violating one of the rules, where-as Micheal was fullfilling his job. Seems to me Micheal was in favor.

Most times Spectre violates his purpose, or Gods' creeds, his power comes up short. In his realm however, he's nigh omnipotent.

He may be more powerful tho, but who knows?
Mikey is more powerful. To outright state that he could destroy the Spectre. That is some ridiculous power. Not even the source can do that. Mike did kinda elude to the fact that the spectre was all powerful in his own area of tho.

Bentley
Mikey is more powerful. To outright state that he could destroy the Spectre. That is some ridiculous power. Not even the source can do that.

Captain Marvel in the other hand...

fangirl101
Originally posted by Bentley
Captain Marvel in the other hand...
Can't either.

Endless Mike
Not enough known about the new Synnar yet (though I would place my bet on the Morningstar)

DigiMark007
yeah, it seems like starlin thoroughly enjoys riding the 'all powerful' bone.

Many do. Am who am I to refuse them?

smokin'

Galan007
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Many do. Am who am I to refuse them?

smokin' none

http://i4.tinypic.com/851h6p1.jpg

DigiMark007

Wait your turn.

no expression

Knowsbleed33
Just got done with Rann, Synnar seems pretty uber. Not enough known about him yet though.

Red Hulk
He was taking on Micheal, Spectre, PS, and ton of other powerful Angelic/Demonic beings...

And he gave up instead of being defeated.

He seems pretty obscurely powerful.

Knowsbleed33
Yeah, but his only on-panel feat to date is not killing Bizarro with a blast to the chest.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Red Hulk
He was taking on Micheal, Spectre, PS, and ton of other powerful Angelic/Demonic beings...

And he gave up instead of being defeated.

He seems pretty obscurely powerful.
I didn't see Michael in the scan.

Knowsbleed33
I didn't either. Who knows if he's even telling the truth either?

kevdude
Scan what scan where hes fighting PS and The Spectre and others???

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by kevdude
Scan what scan where hes fighting PS and The Spectre and others???

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/1811/rannthan0601718zj8.th.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.