S03E09 - It's Coming

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
Official Episode Preview

After a preemptive strike against Hiro and Ando in Africa, Arthur Petrelli orders Knox and Flint to hunt down his son Peter and granddaughter Claire. Nathan is stunned to learn his father is alive -- and leading a villainous charge to worldwide destruction. Meanwhile, back at Pinehearst, Sylar has a charged confrontation with Elle. Suresh begins testing his new, combined superpower formula. Later, with the others dead, injured or on the run, Matt attempts to wake Angela.

It's Coming Preview

il7wk4qqgFA

Villains Canadian Preview

JP8B4VAf4b0

Discuss...

Mairuzu
I cannot wait...

S_D_J
What will happen:

* Angela's mind is still trapped inside her comatose body. Wouldn't it be convenient if we had a hero with the ability to enter someone's mind and read their thoughts? Well, I'm hearing Matt and Daphne are on the way...
* Next week one Hero begs for death. Another Hero has the power, and perhaps the motive, to do put that first Hero out of his or her misery. Could Herocide actually happen? OK, maybe, but what about when the Hero who wants to die is the totally awesome Kristen Bell?
* We'll learn next week that the formula is incomplete. There are the two parts we know about, but Suresh discovers a third element he calls "the Catalyst." What is it? More like, who is it? Dun-dun-dun! My money's on the blond chick in the skirt who's the key to saving the world!

Funny thing about the previews... while the US preview points out the coming of the Eclipse (which would be Ep 10 and 11, The Eclipse part 1 and 2 respectively) shows nothing about the actual episode
... while the Canadian shows everything that happens in this episode...

so Claire's the Catalyst... what's the Catalyst?... and how did Claire know about it?

Mairuzu
Maybe adam was the catalyst last time

Elite Hunter
Please don't kill ol Elle.

Mairuzu
Yea, shes one of my favorites. I don't find her character annoying or anything.. shes interesting

Elite Hunter
The only heroes that I think are safe from being killed off the show are Sylar,Peter, and Claire. I wouldn't be surprised if Tracy or Meridith killed the other in fight or if Flint kills his sister which would then make him Claire's target.

EDIT: After seeing the other trailer (without the eclipse) I think Meridith,Nathan or HRG could sacrifice themselves to save Claire from being captured by Pinehearst.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
The only heroes that I think are safe from being killed off the show are Sylar,Peter, and Claire. I wouldn't be surprised if Tracy or Meridith killed the other in fight or if Flint kills his sister which would then make him Claire's target.

EDIT: After seeing the other trailer (without the eclipse) I think Meridith,Nathan or HRG could sacrifice themselves to save Claire from being captured by Pinehearst.

If it ends up being HRG, then they'd might as well cancel the show now. He's the most interesting part about it.

Mairuzu
Yup

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by celestialdemon
If it ends up being HRG, then they'd might as well cancel the show now. He's the most interesting part about it.

I agree out of the characters I listed I think Meridith would be the one to die.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I agree out of the characters I listed I think Meridith would be the one to die.

My guess is...

*rolls drums*

Arthur!!! 131

by the end of the volume

Entity
Originally posted by S_D_J
My guess is...

*rolls drums*

Arthur!!! 131

by the end of the volume I hope Peter's the one to beat him.
Then again I have allot of father issues as well so that may be influences my opinion

But If anyone takes about Arthur I'm almost certain it'd be Nathan. Possibly Angela if not but I'm fairly certain it'll be Nathan.

Strangelove
What will happen:

* Angela's mind is still trapped inside her comatose body. Wouldn't it be convenient if we had a hero with the ability to enter someone's mind and read their thoughts? Well, I'm hearing Matt and Daphne are on the way...
* Next week one Hero begs for death. Another Hero has the power, and perhaps the motive, to do put that first Hero out of his or her misery. Could Herocide actually happen? OK, maybe, but what about when the Hero who wants to die is the totally awesome Kristen Bell?
* We'll learn next week that the formula is incomplete. There are the two parts we know about, but Suresh discovers a third element he calls "the Catalyst." What is it? More like, who is it? Dun-dun-dun! My money's on the blond chick in the skirt who's the key to saving the world!

Funny thing about the previews... while the US preview points out the coming of the Eclipse (which would be Ep 10 and 11, The Eclipse part 1 and 2 respectively) shows nothing about the actual episode
... while the Canadian shows everything that happens in this episode...

so Claire's the Catalyst... what's the Catalyst?... and how did Claire know about it? if you're going to post spoilers, please use the tags.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Strangelove
if you're going to post spoilers, please use the tags.

those were hardly spoilers
erm

most of it is in the preview

Now these are spoilers:

Clips from next episode:

-Claire and Peter
-Nathan and Arthur
-Arthur and Mohinder talk about the formula
-Claire and Peter escaping

_Go9WMaqajc

Sprint Sneek Peek

-Nathan and Tracy meet Arthur
2dl5_mKAfKc

Captain REX
Arthur sure likes touching people.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Captain REX
Arthur sure likes touching people.

"Come give daddy a hug!"

Quincy
Originally posted by celestialdemon

WORD!

I want Nathan to beat up Sylar. And say "**** YOU BABY BRO!"

Endrict Nuul
I liked todays EP.

Quincy
I actually stopped watching half way through, went and made myself a sandwich, checked my e-mail, and then turned it back on. I know it's not a big deal, but I've never skipped out on an episode like that.

I did like the scene with Peter stopping Flint and Knox. But I realized something. Flint and Knox are so annoying man. They are so mindless with virtually no personality. And the scene with Sylar and Elle just wasn't what it should have been.

I just don't buy Sylar being a good guy. The man was willing to murder children to get powers. I mean, the writers have obviously made this storyline up as they go, it's sad. I mean "Intuitive Aptitude?" For a man who's power was initially "He knows how things work, and how powers work," he REALLY didn't know how his power worked.

Although props to Kristen Bell. It's rare that there is some sweet ass acting in heroes, and she did well this episode for sure. What a babe.

In the preview for next week, it showed the heroes losing their abilities, and I actually said outloud "...I only watch this show BECAUSE they have powers...this show is crap without them."

Which isn't entirely true, Season 1 actually had drama and story to it. Remember Simone? And Matt's wife? All of that stuff really made it a good show. Now, its just.....weak sauce man.

Captain REX
I could buy into Sylar not knowing that he could use his power to understand that way of taking powers, perhaps. Perhaps it made more sense to get down to the gritty brain-ripping and look at the brain itself rather than understand people... which was kind of weird, but the scene with Sylar and Elle was well done, they are both excellent performers.

Peter used his head with Flint and Knox... and as far as Knox goes, his power has some scary villain potential but he is just a thug when it comes down to it. And Flint... Flint just isn't a serious villain.

Should be interesting to see how everything goes next week...

I really enjoyed every scene with Parkman, btw.

Elite Hunter
I liked this episode, the Sylar and Elle were really good, overall good episode, the only thing I truly didn't like were the Hiro and Ando scenes.

starlock
I found the episode boring, and as much as i like elle performance,the whole sylar elle thing was not even a little believable, Matt was the only source of entertainement for me....and even that was a little off,the structure of the show is its undoing...now just when we think we have two groups on each end working towards a final conflict....we get a depowered show....too many characters have spun a 360 with charcater development, and should be gone....and some who do not have a presence...should...i find myself not caring anymore...i still have a friend who comes over and watches the show with me...and to tell the truth...its the only reason i watch anymore

S_D_J
Haven't seen the episode yet... watched 90210 big grin and Robot Chicken SW Ep II instead... Robot Chicken was great

... maybe I'll watch Heroes tonight..... or maybe I'll watch Terminator...

Strangelove
those were hardly spoilers
erm

most of it is in the preview I didn't watch the Canadian preview embarrasment

Gideon
This episode needed some serious Bennet. Let's face it, he's the one and only bulwark against stupidity that our protagonists have. I enjoyed Parkman's scenes and the dynamic between Elle and Sylar.

And, for once, Peter uses his head, proving he's not a complete moron. Perhaps his stamina forces him to choose between powers and intellect, not both.

A Dose Of Vraya
I enjoyed Parkman, Sylar, and Hiro, but Peter's scenes used some very blatant foreshadowing, and I didn't really understand what was going on with Mohinder and the ugly man. Still, this is one of the better episodes of the season.

Strangelove
I love how the story is coming together now.

S_D_J
Ended up watching Heroes instead of Terminator... some how I regret it

far better episode than last week... but still weak.

Elle was great (god I love Kristen Bell) and Sylar did held his own... I still can't quite picture him as a good guy, is almost as if the writers are trying to hard to turn him into a good guy ... it's so obvious... but what the hell?....

I do not like that he got Intuitive Aptitude at all, not one bit.
What the hell was the point of Peter getting Sylar's power?... if they got the same power... now it turns out it's not a "hunger" WTF? what the hell are the writters smoking?... seriously, first the HRG thing and now this..

Parkman was great... it started out weak, but damn!, that was great. It was a nice pay off at the end

Hiro...*sighs*... back to season one for him....
and who the hell draws the 9th Wonders comic? Issac is long dead... who drew it?... just another convenient plot device that will just go by...

The volume it's almost at an end, hopefully "Fugitives" can redeem the show

Mairuzu
Loved it

S_D_J

damn it

I meat to say Empathy (or Empathic Mimicry) instead of IA... my bad

starlock
Ended up watching Heroes instead of Terminator... some how I regret it

far better episode than last week... but still weak.

Elle was great (god I love Kristen Bell) and Sylar did held his own... I still can't quite picture him as a good guy, is almost as if the writers are trying to hard to turn him into a good guy ... it's so obvious... but what the hell?....

What the hell was the point of Peter getting Sylar's power?... if they got the same power... now it turns out it's not a "hunger" WTF? what the hell are the writters smoking?... seriously, first the HRG thing and now this..

Parkman was great... it started out weak, but damn!, that was great. It was a nice pay off at the end

and who the hell draws the 9th Wonders comic? Issac is long dead... who drew it?... just another convenient plot device that will just go by...

The volume it's almost at an end, hopefully "Fugitives" can redeem the show

Could it be the work issac handed in to the messenger right before he died?

S_D_J
Originally posted by starlock
Could it be the work issac handed in to the messenger right before he died?

I doubt it... he say he didn't have the time to finished them... as if Hiro's adventures would not be completed...

But it'll probably go unexplained... though next episode we have Seth Green and Breckin Meyer guest staring... so there could be an explanation.... hopefully

.... I don't know wether I like it or hate it, but the Dr. Manhattan/Watchmen like "Sylar getting Electrocuted" scene irk me a bit... I now Heroes (like many others) borrow elements form Watchmen, but this one was an exact same scene, the exact same framing... more noticeable now with the Watchmen movie trailer...

Mairuzu
Maybe you should stop watching ermm

celestialdemon
I'll watch the show for an episode or 2 more, and if we get the same crap that this episode gave us then I'm done. Too many inconsistencies.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Maybe you should stop watching ermm

I have thought of the possibility... but I always end up watching it anyways... Guess I can call it a guilty pleasure... There's still hope for the show... Brian Fuller coming back to it... It can work... LOST did it during the third season (most people stop watching it, but the show delivered one of the best season finale)... It could happen

Blue_Hefner

ermm I was wondering the same thing.

Quincy
I have thought of the possibility... but I always end up watching it anyways... Guess I can call it a guilty pleasure... There's still hope for the show... Brian Fuller coming back to it... It can work... LOST did it during the third season (most people stop watching it, but the show delivered one of the best season finale)... It could happen

there is no way that Heroes can get the kind of credibility that Lost has.

I think I'll stop watching this show after it goes on it's big break again.

Entity
I've decided to finish Villains but if Fugitives isn't better and Peter doesn't get his powers back soon I'm done. Seriously they've bent over like 90% of the things I loved about this show and screwed them all!

The characterization has just been shot to hell several times.
I mean really! It's like they've actually tried to make it as horrible as they can at some points.

Mairuzu
I shall watch season 1 again

but this time... backwards!

S_D_J
Originally posted by Quincy
there is no way that Heroes can get the kind of credibility that Lost has.

I think I'll stop watching this show after it goes on it's big break again.

It's not necessary to have that kind of credibility... just that it could have a little more coherence once in a while, a little bit of common sense and not just use twists for the sake of shock factor... it's not a Shamalan movie, twists are not all that necessary.

funny thing.. a lot of people stop watching LOST and instead watched Heroes... praising it for being the complete opposite of LOST.

the ending of this episode finally gave us a villains/heroes super team, with a clear focus on both team, and the coming episodes should take advantage of that set up, hopefully

Originally posted by Mairuzu
I shall watch season 1 again

but this time... backwards!

tell when you watch "Company Man" eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.